PDA

View Full Version : Best place to farm X?

TechRuan
05-10-2016, 05:56 PM
Thanks to Tenhou for answering. (Full reply inside spoiler or you can scroll down a bit)

Well, not too sure if there really are too many places to efficiently farm things.

If we start off with dailies then they are only really efficient at farming exactly that thing. If you ONLY and ONLY want that specific thing and nothing else. But in general that is quite horrible since you'll miss out on a lot of other things. If you farm the gold daily you will miss out on seeds and possible manyus. If you farm manyu dailies you'll miss out on gold and seeds, plus you will only get 2 types of manyus for each daily.

There's in general a huge debate between 12-3, 2-1 and 1-3.

If we go by purely wanting exp fodders and gold, then 1-3 will be your best bet as the gold from selling girls will come out even with 2-1.

However, 2-1 does give more seeds while still being on the exact same exp efficiency as the 12 stamina bonus stage, which makes it a favourite for many. 2-1 and 1-3 are thus the best bets for anyone that is still leveling unevolved characters.

Once evolved characters start getting into the picture, however, 12-3 and the 80 stamina bonus stage will outshine the other two purely out of the insane gold costs and amounts of exp needed to level high level evolved characters.

The whole 12th area is also the only "reliable" source for ampys, with no other area offering them. If you want to go for getting as many ampys as possible, then 12-1 will be your lowest cost stage but at the same time being less exp efficient than the others.

12-3 and 12-5 will be your best all-round choices with 12-3 offering a good amount of exp and also still offering good money and seeds. If you place your characters correctly the RNG for getting the chests is also very small compared to 12-4 which is a horrible RNG fest of doom and destruction. 12-3 also gives the most money out of 12-1 to 12-4.

12-5, if you can complete it reliably, will be your best bet for all-round everything later on. It has the best exp per stamina, the most gold per stamina, the most seeds per stamina and can give both ampys and 80 stamina gardens as well as having good RNG for chests if placed correctly. As said, if you purely want ampys, you will want to go with 12-1 or 12-3 instead as they are cheaper while providing little RNG.TL;DR:
Farm 1-3 or 2-1 (always doing the bonus stage) until you level up and evolve several characters, then you can start farming 12-1 or 12-3 if you are focusing on getting ampys
or 12-5 if you can reliably finish for a all-round gain.

Tenhou
05-10-2016, 06:13 PM
Well, not too sure if there really are too many places to efficiently farm things.

If we start off with dailies then they are only really efficient at farming exactly that thing. If you ONLY and ONLY want that specific thing and nothing else. But in general that is quite horrible since you'll miss out on a lot of other things. If you farm the gold daily you will miss out on seeds and possible manyus. If you farm manyu dailies you'll miss out on gold and seeds, plus you will only get 2 types of manyus for each daily.

There's in general a huge debate between 12-3, 2-1 and 1-3.

If we go by purely wanting exp fodders and gold, then 1-3 will be your best bet as the gold from selling girls will come out even with 2-1.

However, 2-1 does give more seeds while still being on the exact same exp efficiency as the 12 stamina bonus stage, which makes it a favourite for many. 2-1 and 1-3 are thus the best bets for anyone that is still leveling unevolved characters.

Once evolved characters start getting into the picture, however, 12-3 and the 80 stamina bonus stage will outshine the other two purely out of the insane gold costs and amounts of exp needed to level high level evolved characters.

The whole 12th area is also the only "reliable" source for ampys, with no other area offering them. If you want to go for getting as many ampys as possible, then 12-1 will be your lowest cost stage but at the same time being less exp efficient than the others.

12-3 and 12-5 will be your best all-round choices with 12-3 offering a good amount of exp and also still offering good money and seeds. If you place your characters correctly the RNG for getting the chests is also very small compared to 12-4 which is a horrible RNG fest of doom and destruction. 12-3 also gives the most money out of 12-1 to 12-4.

12-5, if you can complete it reliably, will be your best bet for all-round everything later on. It has the best exp per stamina, the most gold per stamina, the most seeds per stamina and can give both ampys and 80 stamina gardens as well as having good RNG for chests if placed correctly. As said, if you purely want ampys, you will want to go with 12-1 or 12-3 instead as they are cheaper while providing little RNG.

TechRuan
05-11-2016, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the reply.

So it seems there is no need for a full categorized list, as the farming can be split in practically "early game farming" and "late game farming".
I'll be editing my ramblings and making them a TL;DR of your reply.

Rupturez
05-27-2016, 05:24 AM
How to best place your teams on 12-3? I have a hard time understanding the pathing but I seem to miss atleast 1-2 chest every run.

Tenhou
05-27-2016, 06:39 AM
Two in the bottom tent, 3 in the middle tent that makes them run downwards. This makes 4 of them all run the longest path and 4 attempts at the leftmost chest.

Rupturez
05-27-2016, 08:41 AM
Thanks just tried, seems to be a really good approach (still missed the left chest on my first try, lol.)

Unregistered
07-21-2016, 12:08 AM
So now with mission 13, is there a better place to farm?

- - - Updated - - -

It probably won't be well known until we get an event that doesn't require farming the event maps.

sniddy
07-21-2016, 12:28 AM
all i know is group bosses are far better but yeh only done 13.1 & 2 no amps yet

Ancarius
07-21-2016, 07:31 AM
12-5 gives i bit more Gold/Seeds than 13-5 and has a higher chance for more chests to get an ampy, but if there is a difference in ampy chance is unknown. 13-5 has a way better RB to share which gives ~3x the seeds than a 60 Wasp, both Discover and Participation.

Shagjitsu
10-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Hey, All,
As of this recent maintenance on 2016-10-06, 2-1 isn't spawning any special bonus levels anymore. Is anyone else seeing this? Did they just drop the spawn of the secret levels?

-Shag

MachThreeSlug
10-06-2016, 11:06 AM
Hey, All,
As of this recent maintenance on 2016-10-06, 2-1 isn't spawning any special bonus levels anymore. Is anyone else seeing this? Did they just drop the spawn of the secret levels?

-Shag
I got a bonus level from 2-1 after the maintenance so I think you were just unlucky.

IvanLedah21
10-06-2016, 12:28 PM
Hey, All,

-Shag

Have not noticed any significant drop in frequency of 12-3 SGs so I doubt 2-1 is different, you're just unlucky.

Yoshire
10-07-2016, 11:11 AM
may RNG-esus be with you.

HakuYowane
10-07-2016, 11:16 PM
Hey, All,

-Shag

You probably had an expired bonus stage sitting there.
If you have one gray bonus stage , you won't get any bonus stages of the same difficulty as long as that stays there.

To remove it you need to reload the game/page , then you will be able to get more bonus stages.
That's the only way.

Drip
10-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Well, so far, the present maps still seem to be the best source for presents. People have been claiming they're a waste of stamina, but 4 guaranteed small presents a day and then 2 or 3 other presents aren't even close enough to make all the girls happy. And the stat bonus a maxed affection girl gets is considerable. Overall, I'd love to see an event with an increased drop chance for presents sometime, just for a change. I have 24 girls who want to be spoiled!
Oh, and I want to give presents to girls who already have maxed affection as well! Just because Hypericums' responses are so adorable. :p

HakuYowane
10-08-2016, 04:47 PM
I think the balance is alright because sooner or later you get to the point where you don't have anymore girls to give presents to because they are all maxed out until you get a new one, then your presents stack up and you can even give all the presents to the new girl and get her to 100% then stack up with presents again. (i am at that point now)

Unregistered
10-10-2016, 10:19 AM
Currently what is the best place to farm ampies? Mission 12 or mission 13?

Raine
10-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Currently what is the best place to farm ampies? Mission 12 or mission 13?

I think I got 3 or 4 from 12-5 yesterday.

AcedPhoenix
12-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Quick, and probably stupid, question:
By clear reliably, do we mean 3 medal clear every time? Or is just making it to the end sufficient for farming. I'm at 12-5 atm.

Ashen
12-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Quick, and probably stupid, question:
By clear reliably, do we mean 3 medal clear every time? Or is just making it to the end sufficient for farming. I'm at 12-5 atm.

I don't know the answer so this is just a thought but i guess its better if you are able to get all the chests since u loose otherwise a chance to obtain an ampy. And since 12-3 and 12-5 have the same amount of chests it would be a loss in that category.
Another thing ofc is if ur squads are dying before the end then u'll get less money (dunno out of my head if the bosses drop a significant amount of gold). But I'd just compare if the money u get after 12-5 is then still more than 12-3 or not

AcedPhoenix
12-07-2016, 12:59 PM
I don't know the answer so this is just a thought but i guess its better if you are able to get all the chests since u loose otherwise a chance to obtain an ampy. And since 12-3 and 12-5 have the same amount of chests it would be a loss in that category.
Another thing ofc is if ur squads are dying before the end then u'll get less money (dunno out of my head if the bosses drop a significant amount of gold). But I'd just compare if the money u get after 12-5 is then still more than 12-3 or not

I don't have squads die until the boss normally. I do pretty good getting the chests, but sometimes we don't get all the pests (thanks to rng).

Also, I leave everyone at the starting positions (sometimes switching squads around due to speed), is there a better way to approach 12-5?

Ashen
12-07-2016, 01:14 PM
I don't have squads die until the boss normally. I do pretty good getting the chests, but sometimes we don't get all the pests (thanks to rng).

Also, I leave everyone at the starting positions (sometimes switching squads around due to speed), is there a better way to approach 12-5?

ow sry then ive misunderstood u a bit. I think its actually quite the good question since ive never even thought about it^^

I always just put all my squads at the topmost camp to ensure that i get all the chests. The only downside that i can think of would be that u get more dmg through small pests

IvanLedah21
12-07-2016, 01:59 PM
12-5 is all-around better in rewards than 12-3 or 12-1, but is harder to clear (due to more enemies, stronger enemies, and you literally have to wade through a crap-ton of pest nodes though that last part can be a boon if you have "heal on pest node" girls in your faster squads) and also more time-consuming (12-3 can be done REALLY quick with the right setup while still having 4 chances at the far left chest which is the one that tends to get missed the most). For max chances at the top left chest, you need all 5 squads on the very top camp (due to the first chest being behind an RNG node)

All the Mission 13s win in Raid Boss spawned but are inferior for ampy farming and more time consuming than 12-1 or 12-3.

Mission 14-5 is the best for all-purpose farming, IMO. Put 3 on the top middle camp, 1 on the bottom left and 1 on left (move the left to bottom left if you don't need the extra coins, seed and boss to save time and health). If your teams are strong enough, it will go much faster than 12-5, with better XP per stamina. The one downside is you only get 2 chances at the top middle chest instead of 5 at the most-easily missed chest of 12-5 (conversely, 12-5 at least 3 chests are missable if RNG goes sour, where in 14-5, that one chest is the only one that can be missed with proper placement)

AcedPhoenix
12-07-2016, 02:19 PM
12-5 is all-around better in rewards than 12-3 or 12-1, but is harder to clear (due to more enemies, stronger enemies, and you literally have to wade through a crap-ton of pest nodes though that last part can be a boon if you have "heal on pest node" girls in your faster squads) and also more time-consuming (12-3 can be done REALLY quick with the right setup while still having 4 chances at the far left chest which is the one that tends to get missed the most). For max chances at the top left chest, you need all 5 squads on the very top camp (due to the first chest being behind an RNG node)

All the Mission 13s win in Raid Boss spawned but are inferior for ampy farming and more time consuming than 12-1 or 12-3.

Mission 14-5 is the best for all-purpose farming, IMO. Put 3 on the top middle camp, 1 on the bottom left and 1 on left (move the left to bottom left if you don't need the extra coins, seed and boss to save time and health). If your teams are strong enough, it will go much faster than 12-5, with better XP per stamina. The one downside is you only get 2 chances at the top middle chest instead of 5 at the most-easily missed chest of 12-5 (conversely, 12-5 at least 3 chests are missable if RNG goes sour, where in 14-5, that one chest is the only one that can be missed with proper placement)

Ohh thanks for the insight!

AgentFakku
12-08-2016, 03:40 PM
I never did grind for exp. Figured that comes naturally. Only used Dailies to grind for cash and manyus. During events, if I find a mission with lots of life crystals and high chance of dropping it, I grind that map.

IvanLedah21
12-08-2016, 09:04 PM
I never did grind for exp. Figured that comes naturally. Only used Dailies to grind for cash and manyus. During events, if I find a mission with lots of life crystals and high chance of dropping it, I grind that map.

Well, EXP is useful for leveling to increase max stamina (especially important at lower levels where going to work/school/etc. means you end up wasting stamina regen because your max is too low. At high levels it's more or less just a free refill with a slight boost to max stamina (and every 10 levels past 100 gives a FL slot up to 150 I believe)

As for Life Crystals, Event Map ?-4 and ?-8 is almost always the best for those

AgentFakku
12-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Well, EXP is useful for leveling to increase max stamina (especially important at lower levels where going to work/school/etc. means you end up wasting stamina regen because your max is too low. At high levels it's more or less just a free refill with a slight boost to max stamina (and every 10 levels past 100 gives a FL slot up to 150 I believe)

As for Life Crystals, Event Map ?-4 and ?-8 is almost always the best for those

Personal Preferences and different play styles - Just going with another advice of another person who said to new players of FKG: "Don't rush, just enjoy yourself"

I did that since Julyu 2016. I'm happy with being lvl 100 or so at this point. I didn't finish the July events, but I manage to finish all other events from August. This game doesn't have huge difficulty spike like Aigis. There is no need to grind for Exp and other stuff from the start.

sniddy
12-09-2016, 01:33 AM
Personally I farm 12-3 only one chest is miss-able and 3 girls get a 50/50 chance so what 12.5% chance

For Amps and SG farming it's my go to the only thing is now the queen bee is an outdated boss...but most people are equipped up - and events spam seedy boss so equip seeds keep flowing

saberlance
12-09-2016, 02:50 AM
Personally I farm 12-3 only one chest is miss-able and 3 girls get a 50/50 chance so what 12.5% chance

For Amps and SG farming it's my go to the only thing is now the queen bee is an outdated boss...but most people are equipped up - and events spam seedy boss so equip seeds keep flowing

Using a 3-0-0-2-0 (or 2-0-0-3-0) set up from left to right gives you 4 chances at the first random chest and all 5 girls have a chance at the last chest. The total chance to get all the chests is about 91%.

sniddy
12-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Using a 3-0-0-2-0 (or 2-0-0-3-0) set up from left to right gives you 4 chances at the first random chest and all 5 girls have a chance at the last chest. The total chance to get all the chests is about 91%.

True I go 2-0-1-2-0 to send a speedy squad up to finish it...your ways is better odds vs time taken

saberlance
12-09-2016, 05:56 PM
True I go 2-0-1-2-0 to send a speedy squad up to finish it...your ways is better odds vs time taken

Oh, that's a good point. I usually AFK farm maps, so I didn't consider time.

IvanLedah21
12-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Oh, that's a good point. I usually AFK farm maps, so I didn't consider time.

Even though I AFK farm, if you're looking to burn through stamina in a hurry (like before leaving for work), time is a factor. 12-3 is great for this (I have a dedicated speed team for farming 12-3 with 1137 Speed for this). I put that massive speed team on the upper left camp, so they skip the left and bottom sides and go straight to the right side (where the flag is), while the rest pile on the middle node to pick up all chests (4 chances at 50/50 is still pretty good). The 4 others get 1-2 fights in, while the speed team burns through to the flag in like 3 minutes on auto-run (literally about a minute if I'm click-spamming). This is also good for if all you're interested in is SGs and a low chancy of ampy.

Ghostmon
10-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Reviving this thread for my question, trying to get Lv.100 dragons for evolution, is there a good map level for this? BTW I'm on DMM, but I assume it's the same (more or less...?). Don't really care if stamina draining or whatever just hit me with some ideas, I'm been frustrated all day trying to get some, only got 1 so far :(

skasio
10-12-2017, 09:04 AM
Just do the 80 stamina one, and pray to RNGesus.
You started only recently, didn't you? Then other than that, there's not much more you can do. Maybe hope that next event will be a card flip one.

Ghostmon
10-12-2017, 09:11 AM
Just do the 80 stamina one, and pray to RNGesus.
You started only recently, didn't you? Then other than that, there's not much more you can do. Maybe hope that next event will be a card flip one.

Yeah started only a week ago, levelling my girl has been easy so far, but suddenly hit a wall with the lv. 100 dragon requirement. Sorry, but where do you find the 80 stamina one? What map, like 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, or what section of the game? Thanks!!

Drip
10-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Yeah started only a week ago, levelling my girl has been easy so far, but suddenly hit a wall with the lv. 100 dragon requirement. Sorry, but where do you find the 80 stamina one? What map, like 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, or what section of the game? Thanks!!
lvl 100 dragons can only be obtained from events (they're in the card flips of the current event for example) and on the 50- and 80-stamina maps for their designated color:
Campaign button > Special tab > Encounter with the -color- Bloom Dragon.
Monday: Red dragons
Tuesday: Blue dragons
Thursday: Yellow dragons
Friday: Purple dragons

Their droprate on their weekly maps is terrible though, it's not uncommon for people to spend a few hundred stamina without getting a single lvl 100 dragon. :(
I always try to have a stack of at least five lvl 100 dragons of each color, sometimes it even gets above ten of each, but it also frequently gets lower.

Ghostmon
10-12-2017, 09:53 AM
Thanks for your replies!! Yes, sad harsh reality, but at least I get some closure and made sure I'm not making any beginners mistakes and missing out on some hidden opportunity. Time to GRIND!

Ampchan
10-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Thanks for your replies!! Yes, sad harsh reality, but at least I get some closure and made sure I'm not making any beginners mistakes and missing out on some hidden opportunity. Time to GRIND!

What I would recommend doing is only run 1 or 2 a day at first. If you are new and dont plan to whale early on, just evolve your silvers first. while you will not be getting strong very fast, as long as you can complete E-8 and gt the gems, you do not have to worry. At my current time, event dragons outnumber the number of girls I get so do not stress about it too much.

I understand btw that you probably cannot do E-8 yet, but you have to ask yourself if the daily missions are really worth the stamina cost...