PDA

View Full Version : Balanced Teams

zzzNutakukkk
05-14-2016, 12:18 PM
I've seen a few posts on here about the need for balanced teams, but there's no tool in the game that makes balanced teams for you. I've tried to figure out a quick way to make a balanced team so I could keep it up to date as my knights grew in power. This is the best I was able to find. So, I thought I'd share it here:

Starting point (Auto Setup - Total Power High-Low):
http://i.imgur.com/Bnhv5jz.png

Move the characters as follows (Sorry for MS Paint skills):
http://i.imgur.com/zg2qe50.png

Final result:
http://i.imgur.com/uQ3cZhV.png

This distributes your characters by power into snaked columns instead of parallel rows. So, each team has a powerful leader followed by weaker characters as it gets to the back of the team. If the adjustments above seem too complex, you can also manually copy from an auto setup group by reading the rows from the auto group and copying into columns on the manual group. I found that took more time. So, I use the method above.

Has anyone found an easier way?

Tenhou
05-14-2016, 12:29 PM
I don't sort them by power. I sort them by attack since i want teams with equal killing potential. They'll generally get the same survival. As such i just manually put them into groups by sorting the character section by atk value and putting the highest atk girl in each group until all groups are filled.

zzzNutakukkk
05-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Cool, I'm going to try that out for a few days and see how it feels. Thanks!

sniddy
05-14-2016, 03:13 PM
Personally I find it handy to have 2 powered teams and 2 less powered teams

...Also I find it pushes me to build depth into squads BUT having 2 squads I can count on and some that are there as path switchers or 'only needs to kill one pest if it goes down the right path' teams has worked well - so far

Zandel
05-15-2016, 08:49 AM
Just adding this here,

If you make sure to have at least 1 of each type in each team the fights go much faster. Not having someone to combat that weakness slows you down I have found.

Flan
05-15-2016, 09:52 PM
Take your top units that you know are your best units divide them first then see which team is lacking in whatever stat you want to balance (speed or power) and add subsequent units accordingly. You should do it on your second squad if you want balanced teams though since squad team 1 is what is sent out and you have enough squads to make sure squad 1 team 1 is the best squad you can make to send out.

fluffs
05-17-2016, 08:54 AM
In JP (so eventually it will happen here, right?) they have an auto average sort, it snakes your 20 most "powerful" units like this:

1 8 09 16 17
2 7 10 15 18
3 6 11 14 19
4 5 12 13 20

For now I auto-sort my first team by power for a stronger Helper squad, then refer to squad 1 as I manually sort squad 2, which I use for pretty much everything aside from raid bosses.

edit: Technically it would be best to account for damage type, but weaker units are still weaker, you know? And honestly, the best way to use type advantage would be to have the majority of each team be a single type and place them where you're sure they'll face that type of enemy. Spreading them out for general purpose average teams isn't a bad idea, but don't worry too much about that type of balance. I'd be more worried if one of my teams was at move speed 200 than missing a blue unit.

Miu
05-17-2016, 11:25 PM
This looks useful for speed as well. I don't mind having slightly different powers but on some maps you really want to balance speed.

As for damage type I've been trying to put 2 slice types in each group for 12-5. Other than that I don't worry about it too much and it will probably change if we get new maps.

zzzNutakukkk
05-18-2016, 12:02 AM
In JP (so eventually it will happen here, right?) they have an auto average sort, it snakes your 20 most "powerful" units

This would be great. This is the result that the method in my original post creates, but it would be way better to have a tool that does it for you. Would be nice if Nutaku had somehow managed to keep all the QoL improvements that were already in the JP version of the game...

Peach692
05-19-2016, 09:48 AM
I've seen a few posts on here about the need for balanced teams, but there's no tool in the game that makes balanced teams for you. I've tried to figure out a quick way to make a balanced team so I could keep it up to date as my knights grew in power. This is the best I was able to find.

It's cool that your squads are well balanced in power, but they really aren't when it comes to speed. I always try to balance out power and speed. I think it's so annoying when you're trying to complete a stage but one squad is too slow to get to a fight before the other units arrive at the finish line (or if one of the squads are too fast and finish the stage before you get everything).
I have to admit I don't have any strategies for balancing out my squads, though, I just do it manually and it takes a long time lol :x
but I hardly ever change it, just update it whenever I get a new 4* or 5* unit so it's not that bad :)

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee369/merla692/FKG_zps953tu4z8.png

thewind32
05-20-2016, 01:11 AM
Regarding balancing teams using leftovers after putting the best girls in the helper squad, why not use a different squad page entirely?

Page 1 has only the helper squad, filled with your best girls.
Then use page 2 or onwards for your own mission usage, balanced/sorted to however you like.
Just remember to choose the correct squad page before you go into a mission.

Discoceris
05-20-2016, 01:21 AM
Balanced speeds are only necessary for 3 medal clears. If you're experience grinding, then it really doesn't matter. Where you mostly should be concerned are event maps where you repeat for currency gathering. On some of those maps, completely balancing teams by power or attack is detrimental to actually clearing the map. Never mind 3 medal clears, you want efficiency, and you want to make sure you're not going to hit a cockblock on RNG.

In other words, you should really make use of the other 5 alliance slots you're given when creating compositions based on event maps.

Miu
05-20-2016, 02:31 AM
mhm, I've organized my page like this

1 - trophy case, highest power to show off in the rankings with the best ones in the helper squad
2 - balanced, with roughly even power and speed
3 - event team
4 - 1 really strong and fast team, with the others balanced
5 - waifu team :o
6 - raid boss team, just a single 2* girl

fluffs
05-20-2016, 06:47 AM
It's cool that your squads are well balanced in power, but they really aren't when it comes to speed.

Interestingly, there are a lot of maps where you want some of your teams to be faster/slower than others due to where all the starting points are. When I sort my teams to average power I have one at speed 242 and one at speed 521. Like that I can arrange it so that my 521 speed is closest to the goal if I want to avoid some fights while still getting as much as possible of the drops, or I can put my 242 speed close to the goal if I want to get as much of the fights as possible.

mhm, I've organized my page like this

1 - trophy case, highest power to show off in the rankings with the best ones in the helper squad
2 - balanced, with roughly even power and speed
3 - event team
4 - 1 really strong and fast team, with the others balanced
5 - waifu team
6 - raid boss team, just a single 2* girl

1 - Everyone's first team should be like Miu's. Higher move speed is also better on the Helper team if it doesn't cost much power.
2 - balanced power for everyday fights. Speed optional. Very good to have as second team.
3 - For events, team 2 or team 1 usually works well enough, but sometimes you'll want a specific ability in as many teams as possible, like lilac's web avoidance. Or you'll need the leader to be a specific character for character quests. Or you'll need all your characters to be from the same place for certain future event maps.
4 - Good for maps like 12-1 where you have a long string of pest nodes to clear. It helps to have special abilities that reduce pest damage or heal when clearing nodes on that strong and fast team.
5 - No judging :P
6 - Ehhh. I guess, if you want to be considerate, or something.