PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best princess unit?

Unregistered
06-28-2016, 04:06 AM
I'm considering dropping some money to try and get Sybilla(new spotlight summon) since my current lineup lacks a princess, but I was wondering if the more knowledgeable people here could tell me if there is a better princess, or maybe even an upcoming event unit that can fit the same role(anti-armor).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm considering dropping some money to try and get Sybilla(new spotlight summon) since my current lineup lacks a princess, but I was wondering if the more knowledgeable people here could tell me if there is a better princess, or maybe even an upcoming event unit that can fit the same role(anti-armor).
Princess typically fill the role of duelist, however only after AW(and SAW, which isn't implement atm) they can be more distinct.For example, Olivie and Sherry AW can greatly increase your army strength( Sherry for the silver/gold, Olivie for the Elf).Thetis after AW can cause 3x dmg with a chance of 10%(25% during skill).

Tenhou
06-28-2016, 05:11 AM
First off, i wouldn't throw money at trying to summon a spotlight black. It's 3% and you might end up crying in a corner instead.

Secondly, i wouldn't throw money at the game in the current state it is in, but that's up to you.

That aside, i guess the second unregged answered it nicely, they're duelists. They also deal magical damage and can also work as lightning rods to take enemy magical attacks since they all come with resistance.

Nero010
06-28-2016, 06:33 AM
I would only go for her if u can need ALL the other spotlight units too.
Just a little story: When i started playing and discovered Princess Units i was very interested and once i saw Sybilla i fell in love with her on first sight. Since then i realy want her over pretty much every black (even though id take em all). BUT Chizuru a gold Samurai isnt realy a unit ud want or id want... i even already have her counterpart Kojuro. And u have to expect to get her more then once with a (not actual) 95% chance when going for a black. Garania is a nice plat unit i would take her anytime, Marnie though... right after waltz event isnt very much needed. For me personaly Marnie is the only plat unit i ever got from shrine summoning so its even less appealing to get her another time...
So as much as i would wish for it i wouldnt go for Sybilla. Now think about your Prioritys. And keep in mind: even if u spend 100 bucks its very possible that u get 0 blacks or a black that u didnt even want.

Jay Rich
06-28-2016, 07:43 AM
Pretty much as already stated above I am a new player and have spent quite a bit of money on SC's. I only buy one lot weekly to limit myself and when I use to see a black unit I wanted in the spot light I would use all my SC on trying to get them.Only one I have ever managed out of the 2 I chased was Summoner Farne, my other two blacks I got where not the spotlight units. One I got was Sybilla (Who I was very happy to get) but was actually trying to get spotlight units Sophie. The other I got was Berna who also was not a spotlight units.

The amount of times I have come up short handed chasing blacks is numerous, it is all luck based so if you don't mind taking your chances go for it but your not guaranteed a black units and second your not guaranteed the spotlight black unit.

Now onto the princess question, I only have 3 princesses one being Sybilla who is by far my favourite and most used princess. My second is Themis and third is Lillia.

Sybilla is powerful, she has a chance to instant kill enemies and is very strong, being a black you can use her skill quickly so she makes for a powerful princess in my opinion and I look forward to awakening her to get her ranged attack.

Themis & Lilla are in my opinion good princesses for tanking in a one on one fight with their skill, haven't had to use them yet where Sybilla couldn't but I see them as more a tank princess than the others, a good lighting rod if you wanted them to be. Sure Themis after AW because a hard hitter and Lilla will become a better tank with her heal ability.

Olivie is the princess I want the second most after Sybilla, though I see her only to be greatly used if you plan on having an army of elves, might be greatly paired with Spica.

Sherry I am not to sure how she is but she seems to be a strong attack princess but not sure what cases you would need her over Black princesses like Olivie or Sybilla.

So personally I think Sybilla is the best princess but be careful in your pursuit for her as it will be costly if your unlucky. Plus you don't want to feed the devs to much money for lack of content/events ;)

Sincronic
06-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Sherry can get massive damage after using skill, paired with prince and dancer it skyrockets.
Her skill awakening will make her attack hit up to 5 units withing range. Which is nice if you happen to deal with 999 crazy armored units :)

Eab1990
06-28-2016, 09:39 AM
Sybilla has the best overall stats out of the princesses. AW'ing her makes her a stronger rune fencer, which is also a boon.

Olivie is your go-to physical tank and supports your elf units (Spica, Chydis, Yuyu, Marius, etc.), but she's very squishy otherwise. She also NEEDS 5/5 skill, so she could be a rainbow fairy dump if you're unlucky.

Sherry's DPS actually exceeds the others when her skill is up, but otherwise, you'll mainly want her around for her golden army AW passive (boosts HP/atk/def of all gold-only units in your team by 5% just by being on the team). Skill AW switches her up by letting her attack five enemies at once.

Lilia is a long-term investment, because she gets a massive benefit from skill AW and can out-DPS/tank practically every other princess. Until then, however, she's still a solid tank that gets regen with AW.

Themis, I have her mincosted, but she has poor survivability for essentially being a weaker Lilia.

Unregistered
07-02-2016, 05:24 AM
Just wanted to provide an update. I was able to get Sybilla on my 3rd roll! Thanks everyone for your advice.

switch
07-02-2016, 05:38 AM
No love for Anya the forgotten princess

Kamahari Akuma
07-02-2016, 09:44 AM
Sybilla is powerful, she has a chance to instant kill enemies and is very strong, being a black you can use her skill quickly so she makes for a powerful princess in my opinion and I look forward to awakening her to get her ranged attack.

Themis & Lilla are in my opinion good princesses for tanking in a one on one fight with their skill, haven't had to use them yet where Sybilla couldn't but I see them as more a tank princess than the others, a good lighting rod if you wanted them to be. Sure Themis after AW because a hard hitter and Lilla will become a better tank with her heal ability.

Olivie is the princess I want the second most after Sybilla, though I see her only to be greatly used if you plan on having an army of elves, might be greatly paired with Spica.

Sherry I am not to sure how she is but she seems to be a strong attack princess but not sure what cases you would need her over Black princesses like Olivie or Sybilla.

To note, Olivie's benefits are more than her team wide buff to elven units. Because of her skill she becomes a full on dodge tank if you devote to her skill lvling, which means if the threat of the map has physical damage as its attack Olivie will laugh her ass off while she's slicing into it with her 900 attack power swings (I say 900 because of Olivie's stats at lv 80 that are then boosted by the Big Hero Prince title.) Plus since her elf buff affects her as well, she gets a free point chipped off her cost in addition to being given extra MR.

Sherry is a two-fold benefit. On one hand is whenever Skill AWing comes out. While it does take investment, once she's prepped for the second skill use its almost like having 5 Sybillas in one spot. Without it however, there is still a reason for her to sit in the team for her AW buff. While its only a stat buff for Golds and lower, its the main composition for most freemium players is usually golds and silvers so having her in the premium rolls is like a blessing for them.

Anya is a part of the Specialty Princess Coalition. In her case, you have a Princess with no natural MR until she gets AWed but has a skill that cuts all physical damage taken by half and has a block count of 2.

Pyonification
07-02-2016, 10:18 AM

I'd love to put Anya in my line up. IF I HAD ONE!

Kamahari Akuma
07-02-2016, 12:18 PM
I'd love to put Anya in my line up. IF I HAD ONE!

Here you go.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/69209816.jpg

IvanLedah21
07-05-2016, 11:33 AM

So personally I think Sybilla is the best princess but be careful in your pursuit for her as it will be costly if your unlucky. Plus you don't want to feed the devs to much money for lack of content/events ;)

Sybilla is undoubtedly the best "general-purpose" Princess for fighting. Skill increases attack and gives Assassination chance, AW gives full-damage ranged attack (unlike Magic Fencers' half damage), and she doesn't have the paper HP of Olivie to hurt her functionality as a Lich Lightning Rod (Olivie might have higher MR but her HP is too low to survive multiple Liches without MASSIVE heal support since it isn't THAT big a lead in MR).

Olivie laughs at physical attackers with skill up if you invest in that. If you dont' have the rainbows available to max her skill, or AT LEAST 4/5 it, I wouldn't bother. That said, she is a Black Princess and can dish out serious hurt if her HP isn't an issue

Lilia is the tank Princess. Main issue is 95% of the situations we have currently, Sybilla can handle as well while being vastly superior offensively. Once situations come up where you need more survivability in your blockers, Lilia might be able to edge out Sybilla.

Sherry is a god-send for those who use a Silver/Gold team (or even Bronze for stuff like Spirit Rescue H) with her team buff from AW, and her attack during skill even surpasses Sybilla. Without skill she's clearly weaker and if Sybilla proc's Assassination she could still edge out Sherry. Still, if you're using a Gold or below-heavy team, AW Sherry is the queen of such teams.

Themis is a poor-man's Lilia, plain and simple. She has better offense than Lilia after AW but Sherry/Olivie/Sybilla are all more reliable in that respect. Themis, being the lowest-rarity of the bunch, simply has lower stats to start.

By the way...
Claudia is great if you got at least -2 CR (cost on par with Sherry/Lilia) and if you did well in her event than she could be highly formidable with her solid stats and her skill buffs attack while ignoring Defense and MR, plus boosting her own MR. the occasional land-based Dragon will fall before her as well. Surprised no one mentioned her (though being an event unit, if TC missed her then he'd have to wait for Revival anyways)

DISCLAIMER: NONE OF WHAT I SAID TAKES SKILL AW INTO ACCOUNT AS WE DO NOT HAVE IT YET HERE ON NUTAKU

Eab1990
07-05-2016, 11:45 AM
I prefer using Lilia instead of Sybilla to tank lichs nowadays, since her higher HP gives my healers more leeway. Even with Sybilla's other stats being better, I have an odd time keeping her alive against the lich king or any situation with a lich and multiple ranged enemies joining it.

AW Lilia is obviously great in poison maps too, assuming you don't have Marr, anyway.

For Memento's event though, people are suggesting to level/AW Anya, so I'll probably have to get off my ass and get those last 10 levels on her to awaken her.

Nero010
07-05-2016, 12:21 PM
I got kinda lucky and pulled the second best plat i couldve pulled for my account and got Sherry. As my team consists of only gold lower units besides my Archers or Event units shes now my number 1 priority to AW even befor Spica (i lack the archers anyways). I hope she can help me doing that 7th map in Mementos Event, i doubt i am able to AW her befor the Event starts though. Lack the Orbs.

ZeroZet
07-05-2016, 12:47 PM
There's only one true princess.

Are you sure your heart is ready for this level of awesomeness?
Beware, it can lead to the cases of blown minds...
Don't tell me I didn't warn you afterwards.
BEHOLD! Princess C****d!!

http://i.imgur.com/S08dmi8.jpg

All credits go to the Rawr1125@ulmf (http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=852758&postcount=20972)

kayfabe
07-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Themis is a poor-man's Lilia, plain and simple.

Either that or a rich man's Elaine. She is a nice low investment unit for newbies since she doesn't take fancy fodder and out damages witches, so at least in the short term she has her uses. Unfortunately, having a tanking skill backed up by a jack-of-all-trades stat line isn't a great deal on a low tier units. "Pretty close" is OK for horse shoes and hand grenades but for tanking? Not so much. Generally speaking, the lower the tier, the more narrowly focused you want the unit to be so it has a better chance of at least filling its niche. Being an all-rounder is a much better deal when you're a black tier like Sybilla and are given an extra scoop of stats just for waking up in the morning.

Nero010
07-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Either that or a rich man's Elaine. She is a nice low investment unit for newbies since she doesn't take fancy fodder and out damages witches, so at least in the short term she has her uses. Unfortunately, having a tanking skill backed up by a jack-of-all-trades stat line isn't a great deal on a low tier units. "Pretty close" is OK for horse shoes and hand grenades but for tanking? Not so much. Generally speaking, the lower the tier, the more narrowly focused you want the unit to be so it has a better chance of at least filling its niche. Being an all-rounder is a much better deal when you're a black tier like Sybilla and are given an extra scoop of stats just for waking up in the morning.

Yeah Themis was my first unit to hit lvl 60, she was a better duelist then elain or something like that what i had and a poor mans magic damage tank while still dishing out damage. Her alround stats made her good and her fast magic dmg attacks a great anti armor unit. But where she started to fall off for me wasnt her damage or anything it was actualy her defence, her defence being lower than that of imelia a bandit made her die to black goblins and take too much damage from strong hitters. Usualy her skill took just too much time to get ready too or didnt last long enough (reuse time is pretty long) so that doesnt help either. To compensate for that i would need to AW her but since i just started AWing my units she just isnt a high priority and thus not very much of use anymore atm. I am happy that i just got Sherry cause it was about time for me to get a real duelist to my team besides Imelia. Propably Themis will still find some use in situations where i need more then just one mr duelist especialy after AW, she just isnt a high priority to AW other then for her stats.

kayfabe
07-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Yeah, Sherry is definitely a keeper. If nothing else she's a nice buff for Iris, Katie and Bernice and all three of those units are staples on many teams.

Nero010
07-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Yeah, Sherry is definitely a keeper. If nothing else she's a nice buff for Iris, Katie and Bernice and all three of those units are staples on many teams.

Yes, she also buffs silver, bronze and iron units and my team consists of gold and silvers, my only plats are the event ones, bashira and marnie. U dont know how much i wish i had bernice. I pulled 9 golds and have pretty much 80% of all golds but no bernice and my best tank is a bernard with skill 1/5 (makes it realy hard to do some maps like awakening maps).

kayfabe
07-07-2016, 08:02 AM
My condolences. I was all but dancing at my desk when Bernice was available as a gold rush unit.

Nero010
07-07-2016, 11:35 AM
My condolences. I was all but dancing at my desk when Bernice was available as a gold rush unit.

Im pretty much craving for a gold rush with bernice xD But they dont seem to be likely to happen within the next 3 months.

wolfdragon76
07-07-2016, 11:43 AM
I feel kinda bad now, telling people i got Bernice off my first 5sp base draw, but Betty was my second one, so apparently RNGesus decided i needed help....