PDA

View Full Version : Can we PLEASE get a targeting system of some sort?

Port
06-30-2016, 04:18 AM
RNG to get high-quality Flower Knight Girls? Fine. Just the nature of Gacha games and you don't really need them if you play long enough.
RNG to get through random nodes to clear the map? Annoying, but it does draw out the game so people don't burn through it as quickly.
RNG during actual fights though (not just skill usage which is also a huge factor)? Come on!

I have lost so many crucial fights solely because my squadrons keep thinking "let's hurt all of them equally! :3" instead of "hey this bug is weakened, let's finish it off so it'll stop hurting us".

thewind32
06-30-2016, 04:57 AM
Just the nature of Gacha games and you don't really need them if you play long enough.

Having a targeting system is helpful, but similar to the higher * girls, you don't really need such a system once you play long enough and your squads are of a decent strength, at least based on the maps we have available so far. I honestly doubt we will have any system of this sort implemented though.

Drip
06-30-2016, 07:47 AM
Excerpt from the Flower Knight Girl For Dummies manual:
1. Slice girls shouldn't pick Slice mobs but show a strong preference to kill Pierce mobs instead. Similarly, Pierce girls should go after hit-mobs, Hit-girls after magic-mobs and magical girls should always hit on the slice beasties!
2. Save your special attacks for last, especially if your special attack deals damage to multiple enemies at once, then it's preferable to wait until there's only one mob left standing with only the tiniest sliver of health, to then hit it with your special attack for increased dramatic effect!

thewind32
06-30-2016, 09:39 AM
Excerpt from the Flower Knight Girl For Dummies manual:
1. Slice girls shouldn't pick Slice mobs but show a strong preference to kill Pierce mobs instead. Similarly, Pierce girls should go after hit-mobs, Hit-girls after magic-mobs and magical girls should always hit on the slice beasties!
2. Save your special attacks for last, especially if your special attack deals damage to multiple enemies at once, then it's preferable to wait until there's only one mob left standing with only the tiniest sliver of health, to then hit it with your special attack for increased dramatic effect!

I believe you forgot one more:
- Be mindful of your squad's safety, use alternate paths to avoid enemy pests and minimise damage where possible!

Hikari
06-30-2016, 12:32 PM
Don't need it.

It's a gambling/grinding game. Removing or neutering any of the RNG rolls shortens the lifespan of the game by a hefty amount. I haven't really seen a problem with random targeting keeping me from clearing maps at my level anyways. If anything, player targeting would put a player above where they should be and cause a different round of complaints when they reach a battle they can't win.

Drip
07-07-2016, 04:09 AM
Now illustrated!

http://i.imgur.com/NeCKah2.png

IvanLedah21
07-07-2016, 08:30 AM
Classic FKG Battle RNG right there XD

Myrdin
07-08-2016, 01:20 AM
As much as I disliked some mechanics of Kampani Girls the fact that you could choose a leader girl which used a strategy of a kind for the whole unit - focus the weakest, focus the strongest, spread the damage, etc etc. As much as it was quite primitive, it would be nice if there was something like a simple combat menu, where you could choose one of three options (focus weakest, strongest, all).

Personally - I would like if the game was turn based and you could actually control your own units, I really hates this "automatic combat" all of the Nutaku games have going for it. Not expecting Tactics Ogre or Final Fantasy sort of control, but being able at least to select your targets would be nice (and for the lazy ones the usual "auto" mode option would be of course included as well).
Mainly due to the fact that it doesnt feel like a game at all, you pretty much dont do a thing.

IvanLedah21
07-08-2016, 08:45 AM
It's not a true RPG, it's more of a strategic set-up and honestly semi-realistic. I believe there is a saying "the best laid battle plan falls apart after the first shot is fired" or something like that.
Basically, you strengthen your squads, deploy them to the best of your ability, and pray they execute the plan as intended lol.

...That said, a bit more control would be nice, but as some have said, it would shorten the lifespan of the game due to people being able to 3-medal many maps in one or two tries, since without the randomness of arrow nodes and battle it would come down to "are your squads strong enough for map X?" which is answered in one run, two tops. It's frustrating quite often but you just deal with it and lean towards being overpowered than on-point.

A Time to Screw
07-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Aigis is an equally popular net game (on DMM and probably on Nutaku as well) that gives you all the control in the world for your units. From where you place them, right down to when you activate their skills.

Different strokes for different folks.

However, FKG has cuter girls and is therefore superior.

ZeroZet
07-09-2016, 02:23 AM
Aigis is an equally popular net game (on DMM and probably on Nutaku as well) that gives you all the control in the world for your units. From where you place them, right down to when you activate their skills.

Different strokes for different folks.

However, FKG has cuter girls and is therefore superior.Aigis is also a tower defence game, completely different primary genre from the FKG. All in all, complaining about core gameplay mechanics here is like complaining that Starcraft is not turn-based. If it is not for your liking, nobody forces you to play, all in all)

Miu
07-09-2016, 05:37 AM
Osawari Island is pretty good, you can target and choose when to activate skills and there's no RNG pathing. I don't know why it's not more popular honestly. It's easy to get SL (the highest rank) girls as well. They're not all created equal but most of them are useful.

Aigis runs horribly on my computer :( I did like the TD part but it's not as polished looking as FKG and the grind feels slower too (but that may be because it ran slowly).

I like the simplicity of FKG though. Being able to run in the background is nice too, it doesn't take as much time commitment as the others as long as you're at the computer.

Tenhou
07-09-2016, 06:54 AM
Osawari Island is pretty good, you can target and choose when to activate skills and there's no RNG pathing. I don't know why it's not more popular honestly. It's easy to get SL (the highest rank) girls as well. They're not all created equal but most of them are useful.

Aigis runs horribly on my computer :( I did like the TD part but it's not as polished looking as FKG and the grind feels slower too (but that may be because it ran slowly).

I like the simplicity of FKG though. Being able to run in the background is nice too, it doesn't take as much time commitment as the others as long as you're at the computer.

I imagine OI is less popular because of the insanely annoying gacha system, the fact that the gameplay becomes repetitive but HAS to be done over and over during events and take eons to complete. All in all, OI players get very little leeway and horribly few freebies. FKG is rather slow which allows a lot of players to just do as they want and then do something else for a lot of hours. Heck, autorun makes things wonderful...

But i'm just speculating as those are the reasons i quit and i know many others quit due to the time it takes and the gacha that makes you want to kill a puppy.

Regarding Aigis, have you disabled hardware acceleration? It's one of the main things that make Aigis lag if it's turned on so make sure it's off. Also from my experience works best in Opera/Chrome.

Unregistered
07-09-2016, 01:06 PM
The front line switching thing requiring constant attention is what makes OI suck the most. Then there's the events...I used to absolutely dread the collaboration events that partnered with OI because if you aren't a constant daily OI player (and for most people, a paying OI player) there's no possible way to get the collaboration rewards. Now I just extend two middle fingers and refuse to participate whenever OI collaborations happen.

Miu
07-09-2016, 08:22 PM
I imagine OI is less popular because of the insanely annoying gacha system, the fact that the gameplay becomes repetitive but HAS to be done over and over during events and take eons to complete. All in all, OI players get very little leeway and horribly few freebies. FKG is rather slow which allows a lot of players to just do as they want and then do something else for a lot of hours. Heck, autorun makes things wonderful...

But i'm just speculating as those are the reasons i quit and i know many others quit due to the time it takes and the gacha that makes you want to kill a puppy.

Regarding Aigis, have you disabled hardware acceleration? It's one of the main things that make Aigis lag if it's turned on so make sure it's off. Also from my experience works best in Opera/Chrome.

Oh what do you know, that actually worked! Thanks ;)

I'm a super casual OI player so maybe that's why I don't mind. I just log on once in a while to spend 90 stamina or attempt the danger zone. I agree you need plenty of time and the blessing of RNG-sama to get the top ranks so I only go for the event bosses and low tier reward mons.

A Time to Screw
07-10-2016, 05:37 AM
Aigis is also a tower defence game, completely different primary genre from the FKG. All in all, complaining about core gameplay mechanics here is like complaining that Starcraft is not turn-based. If it is not for your liking, nobody forces you to play, all in all)

I think Starcraft would work pretty good as a turn-based strategy game.

Drip
07-10-2016, 06:12 AM
I think Starcraft would work pretty good as a turn-based strategy game.
Long ago, turn based strategy games were pretty common. I still occasionally pull MAX from the shelf here.

http://www.old-games.ru/games/pc/m_a_x_/screenshots/497_4a54b79a6ffea.jpg

Anon
07-11-2016, 12:45 AM
I personally believe that if targeting system was implemented (which it probably will not), then it would only make sense to decrease the amount of ever increasing girls with AOE skills. From my perspective, most high tier girls have AOE skills except maybe for the ones geared towards more 1v1 raid bosses; with counter, dodge, life drain, etc. So if targeting system was included, they might as well make most girls single target like in Osawari Island with only a few of them with an AOE proc. Because technically large area skills will not be as necessary as you can pick out who to target.