PDA

View Full Version : Handling connection times for multiple games

Danex
09-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Hi there!

This subject is really random and very light, but I would like to hear (well, read) how you deal with this anyways.

Since many (if not most) of us play more than just 1 of Nutaku's games at the same time, stamina replenishment is likely to happen at different times for each game.
So, how do you organize yourself to keep track of those different times and spend stamina efficiently?

Do you just login at certain times and play regardless of unused stamina?
Do you use timers or something like that for each game?

Well, this question is more valid when you have the possibility to login when necessary. During normal weeks I simply play a little during mornings, go to work/university and then play at night, but it got me curious about how to spend stamina efficiently when I have more time available (like today, lol), and avoid having full stamina on any games without being spent.

By mere coincidence I found this today: http://www.online-timers.com/multiple-timers which allows me to set different countdowns. Since you can see how many hours do you have before reaching full stamina, I set one timer per game.

Do you have another ideas and/or better reminders?

CSocktaters
09-04-2015, 08:25 PM
My strategy is to make sure that all my stamina is used up then come back when the game with the quickest recovery time is near maxing out. This obviously doesn't apply to focus as checking every 30 minutes can only be done by multitasking while on the computer.

chillinfar
09-05-2015, 02:43 AM
i bought 24 peronamin before 1st perocolo. That helped me to get 235-240 stamina on that event. Currently i got almost 360 (6h cooldown), less worries.

Overload
09-05-2015, 04:19 AM
My strategy is to make sure that all my stamina is used up then come back when the game with the quickest recovery time is near maxing out. This obviously doesn't apply to focus as checking every 30 minutes can only be done by multitasking while on the computer.

It's the same for me every 3 hours, good I'm loosing a bit of recovery time in Valkyria Chronicles, because my recovery there is shorter, but it's not such a big deal.

Tenhou
09-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Whenever i go to bed, i will have used every bit of stamina/charisma/focus/force i am able to.

Once i wake up and sit at the computer i open up AS, PPS and LoV in separate tabs, and then open up Aigis in a separate window. I then proceed to use all the resources i can and close down Aigis, while keeping the other 3 open and checking them from time to time.

I'll most likely be doing something by the computer so i just check in now and then to use resources. Nothing too fancy :D

If i want to go afk i'll check what my lowest time to full refill is across all games and use that.

And if it is a PPS event that requires focus usage i will try to check in every 25ish minutes, which roughly translates to one anime episode or other similar things.

This also means i focus on leveling as much as possible early in a new game so i can increase my resources and not have to check in as often (god damn PPS focus -_-)

Danex
09-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Seems to be a general rule to spend all available stamina before long AFK times (aka while sleeping, working, studying, etc), and I follow that rule myself too, but I'm aiming to those cases when stamina replenishment occurs at very different times between games, which is specially true when the player started to play each game at different dates (most likely case, IMO, I don't think too many people started playing 2 or 3 games the same day).
This also applies to those players who haven't reached the necessary stamina to fully cover long AFK times.

Anyways, having counter-measures to deal with shorter stamina replenishment times it's only useful when you have enough time to keep checking games up (i.e.: weekends, vacations, etc). So during normal busy days, looks like the safest approach is to stick to fully stamina usage before going AFK, and if stamina gets replenished before you can be on-line, then bad luck xD

Foyn
09-09-2015, 08:26 AM
depends on my mood lol~
..but I've been using freealarmclock for similar stuff since my WoW days I guess lol.. quite simple, even for rtards :D
http://freealarmclocksoftware.com/