PDA

View Full Version : EG eitquette

Unregistered
07-19-2016, 10:09 AM
Hello, fairly new player here.

My question is if it's alright to jump in and attack EG's even if you don't gt the support request, or is that considered bm? Seeing all these juicy guards make my finger twitch. I have experimented a bit on my own to see how others behave, and they usually don't jump in until I send a request. Is that how you should do it, or just pewpew at everything you see?

Drynix
07-19-2016, 10:21 AM
If you can see a guard thats not your discovery, that means someone shared it with you. So poke and tap every single one you so desire. Else they wouldn't be sharing them!
And other people can only attack yours if you sent out a support request. So aslong as you don't sent out a request, nobody will see the EG except for you.

Unregistered
07-22-2016, 09:52 AM
ahh.. So that's how it works. Thanks for the speedy reply!

- - - Updated - - -

is there SEG etiquette as well? I have several friends who are extremely active, based on rank and login time, yet they never share SEGs. Right now I'm sharing every single SEG I find even if I can take it down myself. I hit it once and share it with 20 people. I figure it helps everyone get additional EP and rewards. Plus I've seen some of the top players say not to use drinks to weaken the SEG so I figure what I'm doing is okay. But maybe I'm begging for too much help and annoying people?

nip101
07-22-2016, 03:59 PM
ahh.. So that's how it works. Thanks for the speedy reply!

- - - Updated - - -

is there SEG etiquette as well? I have several friends who are extremely active, based on rank and login time, yet they never share SEGs. Right now I'm sharing every single SEG I find even if I can take it down myself. I hit it once and share it with 20 people. I figure it helps everyone get additional EP and rewards. Plus I've seen some of the top players say not to use drinks to weaken the SEG so I figure what I'm doing is okay. But maybe I'm begging for too much help and annoying people?

Its good etiquette to share all the SEGs you can. Also if possible try to share with your weaker friends first so they can tap it before someone with high SED oneshots it. I know a lot of the really high rankers don't share many since they either 1 shot half of them or just want the EP from solo killing it.

The annoying thing is when people kill a SEG really quick by hitting it multiple times within the first 1-2 mins...

Drip
07-23-2016, 04:36 AM
Its good etiquette to share all the SEGs you can. Also if possible try to share with your weaker friends first so they can tap it before someone with high SED oneshots it. I know a lot of the really high rankers don't share many since they either 1 shot half of them or just want the EP from solo killing it.

The annoying thing is when people kill a SEG really quick by hitting it multiple times within the first 1-2 mins...
Mind you, it's also annoying when people spawn a 50 million SEG, only deal some 150k damage, and then share it, and never even bothered to use an Energy Drink on it (you can buy those with PERO in the store, and you easily make back the expenses with the guards that actually get killed thanks to it), to at least bring its health down by half. Are they REALLY expecting others to waste tons of focus and puddings on their bosses?

Sorry, but I've seen a few time outs too many to even bother with those, after bringing them all the way down to a measely 1 million. That's a waste of focus to me, so I'm not going to bother with them anymore.

Simple Phase 2 rules of thumb for sharing SEGs that works out well so far for me:
1. If I can't beat it with a Full Strength Seduction, I use an Energy Drink
2. (optional) Bring health down by more than half to get the most damage dealt bonus. If possible, bring health close to or even below 10% of my SED, so I can easily oneshot it should time run out, which makes it very clear to people that the SEG will die and their focus will not be a waste. It attracts more helpers, in turn increasing the chance for the SEG to die. I rarely need to give the finishing blow, and I rarely even bother, only when my focus is about to max again.

For the regular guards, I follow an even simpler strategy: if my Focus is less than 5, I drive them away with the Elixer. Most regular guards I encounter are still within one-shot range with my weak attack, simply because I kill so few of them, so they hardly increase in difficulty. But, it's phase 2, and I'm not really interrested in the regular guards anyway, but more in SEGs, which give the same amount of event points per point of damage done, but also count towards the SEG rewards.
Using Elixers is a more expensive strategy than using Energy Drinks, I already blew through about 200 Elixers, and they don't earn themselves back like the Energy Drinks, but it does save me from using a lot of pudding.

JMich
07-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Are they REALLY expecting others to waste tons of focus and puddings on their bosses?

When your friend list contains people that weak hit for 12 million, yes. Using an Energy Drink would mean they get less EP, and that may be more important to them.
If your friend list cannot handle the level 50 SEG, but can handle a level 25 one, then do use the Energy Drink.

khermeker
07-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Mind you, it's also annoying when people spawn a 50 million SEG, only deal some 150k damage, and then share it, and never even bothered to use an Energy Drink on it (you can buy those with PERO in the store, and you easily make back the expenses with the guards that actually get killed thanks to it), to at least bring its health down by half. Are they REALLY expecting others to waste tons of focus and puddings on their bosses?

Sorry, but I've seen a few time outs too many to even bother with those, after bringing them all the way down to a measely 1 million. That's a waste of focus to me, so I'm not going to bother with them anymore.

Simple Phase 2 rules of thumb for sharing SEGs that works out well so far for me:
1. If I can't beat it with a Full Strength Seduction, I use an Energy Drink
2. (optional) Bring health down by more than half to get the most damage dealt bonus. If possible, bring health close to or even below 10% of my SED, so I can easily oneshot it should time run out, which makes it very clear to people that the SEG will die and their focus will not be a waste. It attracts more helpers, in turn increasing the chance for the SEG to die. I rarely need to give the finishing blow, and I rarely even bother, only when my focus is about to max again.

For the regular guards, I follow an even simpler strategy: if my Focus is less than 5, I drive them away with the Elixer. Most regular guards I encounter are still within one-shot range with my weak attack, simply because I kill so few of them, so they hardly increase in difficulty. But, it's phase 2, and I'm not really interrested in the regular guards anyway, but more in SEGs, which give the same amount of event points per point of damage done, but also count towards the SEG rewards.
Using Elixers is a more expensive strategy than using Energy Drinks, I already blew through about 200 Elixers, and they don't earn themselves back like the Energy Drinks, but it does save me from using a lot of pudding.

ok actually i cant be sure of that anymore...that depend more on friend list... i had hit and see lvl 50 die fast cause a good pay slayer have a full hit of 13m so 2 hits is basicly half SEG, basicly is more see the history of what your friends do...if you see they do a lot (more of 10m and are more of 3) then never use elixirs...really but if your friends only do 1m...dont bother in SEGS over 9m either.

blacksaber
07-23-2016, 06:24 PM
Mind you, it's also annoying when people spawn a 50 million SEG, only deal some 150k damage, and then share it, and never even bothered to use an Energy Drink on it

Actually, it depends on the actives in your list. Some people prefer someone send out a SEG they haven't used a drink on so they can get more EP from it. Cutting a 50 mill SEG to 25 mill may lead to one of your high level friends one shooting it.

Of course, this is only true if your slayer buddies are around.

Unregistered
07-23-2016, 08:59 PM
What about the last hit? I recently saw someone pie someone else complaining that they finished off their SEG. This seems a bit unfair, since they asked for help and since it's not really possible to know for certain how much a weak hit will do. Does anyone avoid finishing off SEGs so someone else can get the final hit bonus? I'm relatively new and trying not to piss people off...

blacksaber
07-23-2016, 09:28 PM
What about the last hit? I recently saw someone pie someone else complaining that they finished off their SEG. This seems a bit unfair, since they asked for help and since it's not really possible to know for certain how much a weak hit will do. Does anyone avoid finishing off SEGs so someone else can get the final hit bonus? I'm relatively new and trying not to piss people off...

I wouldn't worry about it. Like you said, their is no way of knowing if your weak hit will finish it off. Plus (for example) I find sometimes that an SEG that had 10 mill HP would only have 100k after I select attack. So even if you don't intend to do so, when 2 people attack simultaneously, there is a chance you can kill it.

So if the poster wants the kill bonus, they can either kill it themselves, pie message all their friends to not finish off their SEG (Which is time consuming for the poster. AND may make people in their friend's list think twice about attacking.),or stop whining when you don't get the last hit on your SEG.

Drip
07-24-2016, 05:44 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. Like you said, their is no way of knowing if your weak hit will finish it off. Plus (for example) I find sometimes that an SEG that had 10 mill HP would only have 100k after I select attack. So even if you don't intend to do so, when 2 people attack simultaneously, there is a chance you can kill it.

So if the poster wants the kill bonus, they can either kill it themselves, pie message all their friends to not finish off their SEG (Which is time consuming for the poster. AND may make people in their friend's list think twice about attacking.),or stop whining when you don't get the last hit on your SEG.
I have to agree firmly on this one: if people want the last hit, they either shouldn't share, or they should keep a close eye and refresh the page regularly to time their hit. A weak hit is in the range of 10 to 20 percent of an attackers' SED, and there's no way to be sure whether the SEG will end up perfectly killable for whoever spawned it or not.

When I share an SEG, I try for it to have less health than my weakest weak hit. Since my event SED is 35 million, that means it should have less than 3.5 million health left when I share it. Occasionally, my focus is about to cap out before my friends kill it, which means I will use a focus to hit it myself. And I actually feel sorry for my friends for not getting that last hit in. It's like giving them a present and then stealing it back. But, ah well, I think I'm pretty generous in sharing anyway, and I wouldn't want to waste a good point of focus.

lacus
07-27-2016, 09:33 AM

Things used to be so much easier when you could attach a message to EG's that you share. I'm not sure why they decided to remove it.

When it comes to last hits, there's really no need to worry about who gets it, except if there's someone who has hit multiple times for millions of SED, in which case you might want to refrain from attacking or consider waiting a little bit if a poke from you might kill it, out of courtesy.

Anyway, if you have a decent friends list, there's usually no reason to use more than a weak seduction per SEG. Unless you're new and highly active or are aiming for the top ranks, getting SEG kills takes more effort than reaching their ranking goal, you'll likely have more SEGs than your regen can keep up with. And soloing a few high hp SEGs usually does the trick for top 1k ranking purposes.

The only time I got a little annoyed when someone KS'd from me was when I used multiple full seduction on a friend's escaping SEG that had no heavy hitters on it, only for someone to do a tiny second weak seduction on it in the 5 seconds it took for me to use a pudding and attack (after I refilled and clicked attack...). I would usually try to make sure my last hit is a full seduction if I want the final hit bonus, but at the time it didn't seem like a good idea to waste 2 focus on the off chance that someone would kill the SEG in those few seconds. Had it been someone's first attack, or a second attack that happened simultaneously, I wouldn't blame them, but the descision and timing in this case was kinda ridiculous :P

Unregistered
07-27-2016, 04:45 PM
Oh, this thread grew while I looked away(I started it).

Things worked out well, never thought I would reach the 300 SEG limit, but I ended up with nearly 500.

As for tactics, I just estimated what could be contributed from those online, and used the drinks and elixirs accordingly. Spawned 50+ SEG's I think and none timed out. I did get in trouble once though when two heavy hitters I thought were online weren't, and I had a 27M SEG on my hands while my full SED were about 4M. The others had to put in some extra energy to take it down.

Funny thing is that I spawned another with 17M right after which I thought would be fine, but noone showed up to poke it. I thought they were dissing me or something after the previous miscalculation, so I started using up puddings to get it lower, but still noone came and I used up my entire pudding stash to take it down. It wasn't until after that I realized I had forgotten to send out the support request.

Oh well, time for pero shards, but I have to say that the rewards looks measly in comparison with the EG event. I still have 20 peronamin and 25 peronamin half that I got from there, and I used up some too. My SED also rose from 480k to 630k, so it seems a bit OP by comparison.

I spotted you a couple of times, Drip, a friend of a friend it seems.