PDA

View Full Version : [Tips] Putting squads together

fluffs
07-31-2016, 08:07 AM
This advice is for everyone, of any player level, with any set of characters. I play two accounts, one with mostly 6* and 5* units, and one where I only use 2* or 3* despite having rarer units (just to test how far it can go). There are some differences and some major similarities to how I put the teams together, and I'd like to share that since I have actually not seen anyone else organize their helper squads in the best way.

Choosing the knights
I won't argue with what units are chosen. Especially with the helper squad, it's easiest to just use highest to lowest for either power or attack. Some people like to make sure they have at least one of each attack type (slice, hit, pierce, magic) in each team, and that helps if your teams are a bit weak for the mission you're attempting, or you could see what kind of enemies are most common and fill your team with girls that are strong against those enemies. Once you have more units, you might try paying more attention to ability combinations, like... Lily Rubellum gives bonus damage on the third turn, and Moonvine gives extra skill activation rate on third turn, so they work well together. Or group up girls who have a large bonus to solar blast, and use that whenever they fight. Also, as a general rule, more stars = stronger, so don't worry too much about type balance unless you're choosing between units of equal strength.

Speed
This is important and not important at the same time. Generally, it matters when there are a lot of pest squares: you'll want to clear those ASAP, so make sure you have fast squads for those paths. Otherwise, it usually doesn't matter their speed, except that you'll want slower squads on closer to the end and faster squads further from the end. If you find that one squad generally makes it to the end before another squad can reach enemies, only then do you really want to mess with speeds.

Order within a squad
This is the one that I really wanted to get to. Characters attack in order, so shuffle your units around so aoe goes first and single-target goes last.
The first two characters hit 3 targets, the third character hits two, the fourth character attacks multiple times so can hit multiple targets or one single target, and the last character hits one target. AOE characters going first can weaken enemies before single-target characters finish them off. If you have it in the opposite order, single-target skills can finish off one of the enemies, halving the damage your aoe spells do.

So please put Lavender at the front of your squad, and not the end. :P

Unregistered
07-31-2016, 02:36 PM
I'd recommend always having your first squad be your most powerful squad. It will be much easier to gain and retain allies who are powerful if your team is useful to them. If you keep your first squad too weak other players are going to remove you from their ally list.
The same concept applies to rare characters. Stack your first squad with the rarer ones. Powerful players may be willing to keep you around if you give them fun characters to look at.

Saertis
07-31-2016, 02:39 PM
If you have it in the opposite order, single-target skills can finish off one of the enemies, halving the damage your aoe spells do.

It just doesn't have any sense. If girl with single target skill can finish enemy by herself then she won't deal all dmg she's able to if she attack enemy weakened by girl with aoe skill. Either way one of them won't be using her full potential. However if girl with single target skill would be after girl with aoe skill then it might happen she'll use her skill on almost dead enemy while other enemy would have more hp.

MiqDoloran
07-31-2016, 02:48 PM
It just doesn't have any sense. If girl with single target skill can finish enemy by herself then she won't use her full potential (deal all dmg she's able to) if aoe girl weaken enemy she'll attack. Either way one of them won't be using her full potential. However if girl with single target skill would be after aoe girl then it can happen she'll use her skill on almost dead enemy.

I can think of a contrived situation where it would be useful to have AOE first. If your AOE girl and your single target girl can both take out a target, it's better to have your AOE go first so that your single target can hit another enemy. Otherwise, your single target hits the enemy which would have been eliminated by the AOE anyways.

Saertis
07-31-2016, 03:10 PM
I can think of a contrived situation where it would be useful to have AOE first. If your AOE girl and your single target girl can both take out a target, it's better to have your AOE go first so that your single target can hit another enemy. Otherwise, your single target hits the enemy which would have been eliminated by the AOE anyways.

That's true. I've pictured all enemies with around the same power. I didn't considered e.g. boss and adds scenario. But it doesn't mean aoe girls should be always first since it depends on situation squad'll be in.

Drip
07-31-2016, 03:18 PM
That's true. I've pictured all enemies with around the same power. I didn't considered e.g. boss and adds scenario. But it doesn't mean aoe girls should be always first since it depends on situation squad'll be in.
Simply put, there are some situations where it's beneficial to put AOE girls first and there are situations where it doesn't matter either way. However, there are no situations where it's beneficial to put single target girls first. So effectively, you might as well put the AOE girls first anyway, since it never hurts to do so, but is occasionally beneficial.

Unregistered
07-31-2016, 04:08 PM
Guys...Flower Knight Girl as it is right now isn't that difficult. Just play for a while, upgrade and evolve your girls, and all of these distinctions will become utterly meaningless. Endgame is completely doable without worrying about attack order or skill synergies. Helper squads are simple...sort by power level, then swap in any specialty girls like Chocolate Cosmos, Toad Lily, or Lilac if you want to (Edelweiss likely already be there). That's it.

I know some people like to figure out how to be optimal, but in this case it's like calculating the force needed to snap Legos together when any kid can tell you the answer is 'not enough to care what the number is.'

Saertis
07-31-2016, 05:25 PM
However, there are no situations where it's beneficial to put single target girls first.
That's if you consider only 3 target aoe girls and single target ones. But there're also 2 target aoe skills. That way it can happen that single target girl attack enemy hit by both 3 and 2 target aoe girls instead of go for that one who wasn't hit by later type of aoe skills. That's definitely not beneficial.

Guys...Flower Knight Girl as it is right now isn't that difficult. [...] I know some people like to figure out how to be optimal, but in this case it's like calculating the force needed to snap Legos together when any kid can tell you the answer is 'not enough to care what the number is.'
Kids doesn't care because all they want is to play. Thare're some people who like to think about stuffs.

Miu
08-01-2016, 03:20 AM
That's if you consider only 3 target aoe girls and single target ones. But there're also 2 target aoe skills. That way it can happen that single target girl attack enemy hit by both 3 and 2 target aoe girls instead of go for that one who wasn't hit by later type of aoe skills. That's definitely not beneficial.

It makes no difference in that scenario though, if they aren't capable of killing. If you reverse the orders of attacks without changing the targets, the single target will hit the one enemy and then the AoE girls will double up on it and the end result is the same.

A scenario where it does help to have a single target go before the 2 target is this: let's say you have Orchid and Edelweiss vs 3 pests, two strong and one weak. Your Orchid can kill the weak pest without Edelweiss's help but neither of them can take down the strong pest in one turn, even if they both attack it, and Edelweiss can't kill the weak pest on her own. So the optimal targeting is Orchid vs the weak pest, and Edelweiss vs the two strong ones.

If Orchid goes first, the probability you will get optimal targeting is 1/3 (Orchid picks the right target) * 1 (if Orchid picked the right target, killing it, Edelweiss will always AoE the other two)

If Edelweiss goes first, the probability you get optimal targeting is 1/3 (Edelweiss picks the two strong pests) * 1/3 (Orchid picks the weak pest) = 1/9.

So in that very specific example Orchid before Edelweiss gives you better results. In general though I would recommend AoE first as others have said.

Saertis
08-01-2016, 08:15 AM
It makes no difference in that scenario though, if they aren't capable of killing.

If you have it in the opposite order, single-target skills can finish off one of the enemies, halving the damage your aoe spells do.
Since he/she didn't mention that about aoe grils I always considered that single target can finish by herself while aoe can't.
So in that very specific example Orchid before Edelweiss gives you better results. In general though I would recommend AoE first as others have said.
After MiqDoloran's post I realized that I though earlier of one scenario (all enemies are equally strong) while that isn't always true. After all I said:

But it doesn't mean aoe girls should be always first since it depends on situation squad'll be in.
Now after this discussion I agree that mostly it's better to have aoe first but I don't think it shouldn't be mentioned that there're situations where it isn't true.

IvanLedah21
08-01-2016, 08:31 AM
Well, I think it's best to have the "Hit ALL enemies" skills first because there is literally no benefit to reducing the number of enemies before these fire off. After that though, the "hit 2 enemies" skills occasionally will be worse if they go before single target, like in that specific example given by Miu, but generally speaking having the single target girls last is most frequently optimal because for many pests it doesn't matter, but when you come to boss + adds, it's MUCH better if the single target girl is left with no option but to hit the boss lol.

Me, I need to rework my helper squad a tad, I think, since I'm mixing in Toad Lily. I have BB -> Anemone -> Flowering Peach -> Cyrtanthus -> Cepha atm, which leaves me with Hit All -> Hit Random -> Single x3, but Toad Lily is Hit All, so she'll go after BB and before Anemone.

A Time to Screw
08-01-2016, 11:36 PM
Kids doesn't care because all they want is to play. Thare're some people who like to think about stuffs.

Damn kids, ruining my competitive FKG esports without thinking about stuffs!
They just don't understand how much skill these hentai games take!

https://s31.postimg.org/smojoldh7/mlgflowa2.png

Ikki
08-01-2016, 11:53 PM
A Time to Screw you won the internet today

Miu
08-02-2016, 01:36 AM
That is a work of art

Certix18
08-03-2016, 10:43 AM
Damn kids, ruining my competitive FKG esports without thinking about stuffs!
They just don't understand how much skill these hentai games take!

https://s31.postimg.org/smojoldh7/mlgflowa2.png

Man, you surely have a lot of free time lol

Unregistered
08-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Man, you surely have a lot of free time lol

It happens a lot when you don't overthink an easy game.

Certix18
08-04-2016, 01:10 AM
Yeah, but ya know.... even while being such a simplistic game, there are a few details that called my attention... like.... that staff/book magic tipes are more bulky than gun ones, but have less attack or speed. That would make a slight difference while thinking how do you want your squad to be. I dont know if there is a similar case on the other types of girls.

Anyway, in the end this is mainly a wifu collecting game so just throw the units you like the most.

Drip
08-04-2016, 04:04 AM
Yeah, but ya know.... even while being such a simplistic game, there are a few details that called my attention... like.... that staff/book magic tipes are more bulky than gun ones, but have less attack or speed. That would make a slight difference while thinking how do you want your squad to be. I dont know if there is a similar case on the other types of girls.

Anyway, in the end this is mainly a wifu collecting game so just throw the units you like the most.
Very true, but while we're playing anyway, it does leave us some opportunity to experiment with different setups. Just as a weird example, I'm now leveling up a squad of single target gem-collecting knights, which would probably only be really useful against non-raid bosses, but ah well, I just couldn't resist building a team revolving around my waifu Leucocoryne.