PDA

View Full Version : Balance speculation

CallMeLaredo
08-01-2016, 02:36 AM
I just read the news for tomorrow and these lines intrigued me.

Adjust Unit Balance
- Adjust Unit's Parameter
- Adjust Skill and Ability
- Add Unawakened Ability to Some black rarity

Any veterans have any idea what these may be? Especially the ones who play the DMM version.
I'm hoping for silver abilities(level 55) and the buffs to current classes(e.g. archer damage bonus vs. flying)
Slightly unrelated, I hope Bernice or Gellius pops up in summon chance up as well.

Koshka
08-01-2016, 04:49 AM
I REALLY doubt that they will give us 55lv update so soon. More likely it will be a rebalance patch (cost and unit stat changes, learn more on jap wiki).

Eab1990
08-01-2016, 06:18 AM
As I recall, Berna is missing her AW passive that lets her auto-withdraw any other rogues on death while she's on the field. Clissa also has a buff, I think. So we'll probably get those, at least.

YoxalLoyal
08-01-2016, 08:36 AM
I hope we get the valkyrie class -4UP reduction. Clissa at 16UP would be awesome.

ToTeras
08-01-2016, 09:16 AM
I'm hoping for cheaper witches. Maybe I will be able to pass Wall of Magic then.

ZeroZet
08-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Black (pre)AW passives hints to this (http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=692311&postcount=10377) update (and yes, that means Berns rogue tokenizer. That also means we most likely are getting this stuff early compared to our content position. Because, what alchemists). However before that DMM had this (http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=648891&postcount=7204) update, with massive cost reductions all around. Hopefully we'll get both of them combined for more wonderful stuffs.)

One thing I have to wonder tho: Is this a first update from Nutaku dev team trying their hands in messing with unit database, or that's a part of a parting gift from DMM team? XD

Halp
08-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Are they changing Despara's affection bonus to Range/ATK?

darkeleon
08-01-2016, 11:33 AM
As I recall, Berna is missing her AW passive that lets her auto-withdraw any other rogues on death while she's on the field. Clissa also has a buff, I think. So we'll probably get those, at least. her passive already in effect and berna don´t need stay in field
to save other rouges ass:cool:
mmm i just check it and it don´t activate T_T but in last event i have used betty and berna to slow and die with the mummys to get the 3 stars at undead swarm

SabishiiRyuu
08-01-2016, 12:36 PM
I'm just glad we're getting Summoner and Dancer awakenings. Been waiting for Marnie's AW and now I have more reason to level Farne.

Talith
08-01-2016, 12:43 PM
Time to awaken Solano and Waltz and hopefully this has the cost reduction that makes Shuka actually deployable.

Nero010
08-01-2016, 02:48 PM
I have no Summoners, but i have Marnie. I havent even cced her yet though, same for waltz. No silvers. Wont be able to CC her in at least next 1-2 months very likely. So at least i can take my sweet time on that.

Tenhou
08-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Got Marnie and Solano but i guess i might wait with awakening either of them until i have more DC.

Black additions could be nice if my Berna can finally get her god damn passive so i can make my unstoppable rogue army of doom and destruction. Also, witch/ninja cost reductions!

Davion
08-02-2016, 04:18 AM
Changes i can see currently:
Berna gets heartless edge passive
Despara and Saki small attack speed up
Sophie gets passive small healing when skill not used
valkyrie cost - 5
witches and rogues cost - 1
ninja cost - 5, bronze - 4
advance guard cost - 5
Sophie cost - 4

SabishiiRyuu
08-02-2016, 04:30 AM
I'll add to that:

Pirates' range was increased by 10
CC/AW mages cost -2. otherwise same cost.
Samurai cost -1
Artillery Officers cost -2. range +10
Pegasus Riders cost -4
Angels' cost -4
Rune Fencers cost -5
Despara's Affection bonus changed from HP+234/ATK+144 to ATK+144/Range+20
Nanaly's Affection bonus changed from HP+234/ATK+144 to ATK+144/Range+20. AW Nanaly has a range of 310 now. RIP everything.
Way too many affection bonus changes. Mainly buffed DEF+/HP+ stats.

Good changes across the board but I don't understand why Samurai didn't get a beefier UP nerf. It's still not feasible to use them.

ZeroZet
08-02-2016, 04:42 AM
Word is, we got COMPLETE cumulative unit rebalance patch up to current DMM side parameters.

HOLY AIGIS ABOVE, this is just too beautiful...
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/this-is-beautiful.gif

Unregistered
08-02-2016, 04:43 AM
dev tea make it easier for themselves

now only 1 version with same balance and maths

thank you dev tea

Overload
08-02-2016, 05:33 AM
Deine got also some changes:
Her aw passive changed from 25% more def for +2up to 40% more der for +3up.
Also her affection changed from +144atk/+90def to +101atk/+101def

Talith
08-02-2016, 06:15 AM
Awakening Waltz requires a CC Silver/ Gold Ninja. Thankfully I got one for completing a story mission and they require a rogue to CC so I'm not locked out until some event with one shows up.

The best stuff that affects me the most:

Saki and Horace, two work horses in my army, went from 18 -> 14, and 22 -> 17 UP cost. So happy about that. Shuka is now actually useable, going from 19 to 14 UP, and Ada now only costs 8 to deploy so I can bring her more often as well. Lyn went from 1,652 HP to 2,354 at CC70, so that makes her a lot more usable as well. Imelia got more ATK and more HP as well. Rowanna also got a huge HP buff, going from 1866 to 2467 HP and gaining 60 Defense as well.

Kerry is trying to make her case that she should be deployed more often but I really wish she was cuter...

Deine is looking more like the super wall I deploy her as.

So I need to awaken Solano and Waltz. Consider awakening Rowanna, Ada, Lynn, and Kerry.

ZeroZet
08-02-2016, 06:35 AM
Master list of changes @wiki (http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Lzlis/Patch_changes_2016-08-02). All hail Lzlis! :)

IvanLedah21
08-02-2016, 06:57 AM
Samurai still need to go down another 2-4 UP, IMO. They're anti-rush units, and -1 doesn't help them hit the early rushes, instead they'll still be stuck with the later rushes where there will be stronger mobs mixed in that samurai don't have the Defense to hold against and still block 2 other units.

That said, a lot of helpful changes. Uzume -5 UP in particular helps me a ton, and Sophie down 4, plus mages -2, Minerva +10 range and faster attack speed, Marius -2 UP, Zola -3 UP is nice for Wednesday/Thursday dailies, and a ton of skill CD reductions including Sophie, with Sherry and Sybilla skills buffing attack even more!

BTW, on that list, ZeroZet, it says Shogun UC-0, but Samurai and Samurai Master are UC-1, assume that's a typo?

Unregistered
08-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Samurai's UC reduce is poor beucase they got huge stat buffs

Talith
08-02-2016, 07:27 AM
They did get buffs which makes them more appealing to try out, and I really want to one day make use Momiji, but it still feels a little hard to justify. Maybe pairing them with a super dancer makes it more appealing.

The advance guard buff (specifically awoken) puts them at a UP point that makes them appealing as an anti-rush guard that attacks everything they block (and makes Waltz deploy at only 1 cost), so they are budget Samurai Soldiers. Once revival is here and we can get Anya, the big bad Dragon Samurai Princess that can handle the units that normally you don't actually want the Samurai to catch, that makes regular Samurai even less appealing.

At the UP/performance point they are at it feels like the kind of role that would be amazing if it actually had black tier stats and skills but struggles a bit without it. Maybe that's why there is still no Black tier Samurai, the unit would be a monster that slaughters everything short of bosses you need dedicated duelists to catch.

Unregistered
08-02-2016, 08:52 AM
With the new witch buffs, what are the minimum requirements to pass War of Magic now? I do have a CCed Yuyu, but the rest are just freemium units (Cloris/Calliope)

Also, how good is Magical Armor Soldier Jessica? I've been waiting for a summon chance up for Bernice, but maybe Jessica is worth it as well?

lolix
08-02-2016, 09:14 AM
a max level yuyu , a cloris and maybe a caliopee should be enough (add a mage for safety and you're good)

U still need like level 2-3 of skill on yuyu btw

Nero010
08-02-2016, 01:24 PM
These Changes are just insanely good lol. Even if a bit late :P
Since i have no HA besides leeanne and Bernard i was quickly looking at them seeing that bernard got to 400+ def and leeanne to 500+ def now which makes them able to clear awakening missions and tank story mission maps that they did struggle a lot with befor. Heck AW Katie now got so much def that she can compete with an silver HA in terms of tanking at 13 UP lol, her def at AW53 is equal to bernards def pre patch.
My Sherry at AW56 now has more ATK then an AW90 Sherry did pre patch and her skill just got 20% buffed. Archers got generaly more ATK which may be the little extra they need at some points to succesfully clear a map early on or not. Blablabla. Too many changes to talk about all at once lol. What i just can say is that this patch made live in nutaku aigis a lot more easier and opens options to switch units (if u have that many) around for new strategies like u couldnt befor and getting some units now looks even more jucier.
Remember i asked a few days ago about getting saki or an extra copy of spica? Now saki is at -4 UP and even more atk speed just turninger her to a "real" scary black unit.

Overload
08-02-2016, 02:41 PM
a max level yuyu , a cloris and maybe a caliopee should be enough (add a mage for safety and you're good)

I need to add to this, the Yuyu also needs to be 13up. There are multiple possibilities:
1. One guaranteed cr from a dupe Yuyu,
2. aw her (passive is one cr), but you need to lvl her to 30, because she looses with aw a bit of stats at 1st lvl or
3. having aw Jerome in your team for having 2up more at the start of the map.

Talith
08-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Man I am LOVING Shuka now. Dropping her down means I can drop Ada for 5 cost, Waltz for 1, and Prince for 7. So freaking good. Give me Pipin's event so I can get an 14(11) cost healer out on the field as well. Makes me reconsider ignoring the Valk event since that means I can get a gold++ 10 cost valk on the field for 7 giving me more UP generation.

lolix
08-03-2016, 04:47 AM
i also have a marnie. After awakening her , i get even cheaper melee stuff. Actually , i think they overbuffded the units for how back we are on the event list compared to DMM. Might make our next events a bit easy

Jay Rich
08-03-2016, 05:50 AM

I need to add to this, the Yuyu also needs to be 13up. There are multiple possibilities:
2. aw her (passive is one cr), but you need to lvl her to 30, because she looses with aw a bit of stats at 1st lvl or

After Sybilla, Yuyu will be my next AW unit, spent most of the last event farming enough Calliopes to AW both, the one downside is I could never manage to get another one after I got my bare minimum I was trying to get. I have a few duplicates of yuyu I want to put into my main, issue is I don't have any more witchs to mini CC these yuyus to get a possible SU with my main.

So going to have to hang on a little longer before I can do War of Magic. Farming black spirits is so close yet so far :(

Remember i asked a few days ago about getting saki or an extra copy of spica? Now saki is at -4 UP and even more atk speed just turninger her to a "real" scary black unit.

before the update I gave in and thought I would min cost Spica, I bought a AW spirit and another copy of her with the DC's I had. I guess that seems to have paid off if Saki got a -4 UP I shouldn't have to worry about her as much seeing as many believe from DMM experience that Spica will change before Saki.

Man I am LOVING Shuka now. Dropping her down means I can drop Ada for 5 cost, Waltz for 1, and Prince for 7. So freaking good. Give me Pipin's event so I can get an 14(11) cost healer out on the field as well. Makes me reconsider ignoring the Valk event since that means I can get a gold++ 10 cost valk on the field for 7 giving me more UP generation.

Oh how I want Shuka so bad, should have found this game earlier so I would have been strong enough to get her. Didn't get any units that event because I only just started playing. Can't wait for the revival event on this one...but that seems sooo faarr away....

i also have a marnie. After awakening her , i get even cheaper melee stuff. Actually , i think they overbuffded the units for how back we are on the event list compared to DMM. Might make our next events a bit easy

Is Marnie better than Waltz? wondering which one I should lvl as my first dance. I have a few Waltz I can combine into my main so I would be able to CR and SU her better than Marnie but I have heard Marnie is the better dance??

IvanLedah21
08-03-2016, 06:53 AM
Marnie has a better AW ability and her skill is often better assuming skill levels are on par (5/5 vs 10/10, or 1v1, etc.) due to slightly more range and shorter CD (though Waltz's has longer duration, 7 seconds if both skills are maxed which may sometimes be more helpful), which is why she's considered better since they otherwise largely do the same thing. That said, if you don't have Marnie or you can CR/SU Waltz multiple times without doing the same for Marnie, you might as well use her for now, assuming you have the spare resources to level her.

CallMeLaredo
08-03-2016, 09:09 AM

Hmm I have a cced yuyu and cloris, just need to cc calliope and I should be good. Any tips on where to place the 3 witches?

lolix
08-03-2016, 09:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVbR72hcDjY

edit : in case it's not obvious , u use yuyu instead of belinda

Kamahari Akuma
08-04-2016, 07:37 AM
Least now with the buff to Archers, my AW62 Spica can stop leaving slivers of hp on the demon eyes so this daily just got more productive.

Talith
08-04-2016, 10:10 AM
Is there a non-Artillery Officers, non-feng shui master solution to Crystal Keeper G or am I going to have to level up a Percis to clear it?

IvanLedah21
08-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Is there a non-Artillery Officers, non-feng shui master solution to Crystal Keeper G or am I going to have to level up a Percis to clear it?

Uh... Minerva or Aisha... possibly Anelia. Doubt that really helps you though lol. If you have an AW Camilla, you can use her to wipe out the early damage and heal from there, I suppose. AW Iris might work, but her AW heal is weaker, not to mention her healing once she actually starts doing that. Either way, you might need a second AW Iris/Camilla drop for your rangers to survive the last rush (though 1 or 2 lightning rods could solve that issue instead). Otherwise, I guess an army of AW archers/pirates, maybe a Farne (but that's yet another black) might be able to pull through.