PDA

View Full Version : About life crystals

Ello
08-08-2016, 06:00 PM
I've played this game for now about 5 weeks and from time to time im looking at the life crystal counter, as it is crawling upwards. After 5 weeks now it's at 125 and i wonder if this item is of any great worth at all. You would be a fool to trade it for Lv 100 Manyus cause you get at least one of them in almost every 80 Stamina Bonus Level. So the only thing to trade them is in my eyes the Skill bloom. At first i thought it's pretty cool to get extra Skill Levels on my flower knights, cause if you ever draw a 6* or 5* you it's ridiculous to hope that you will draw 4 more copies to get the Skill up to Lvl 5 (which is not guaranteed as well). So for a 6* Skill Bloom, i need 4 times of the Crystals that i have currently which meams i have to play 15 weeks more and always do most of my daily quests to get 1 of the blooms, which boost the Skill 1 level further, which doesn't means the skill does more damage, it just triggers roughly 2-3% more often than before. That's grinding at it's finest. I truely give a shit if my 6 star girl has a Lvl 1 ability or a Lvl 2. This is also why i felt really unlucky, when i drew a duplicate of a 5 Star girl. I know i should be gratefull, because a duplicate 5 star is better than a 3 Star ...which is 500 coins.

I mean... i will go on collecting the crystals, cause i have no other use for them but it's not that 500 crystal would make ANY noticable difference to the damage of the boosted flower knight. At least it feels lika that. Maybe it will be a noticable change after the 3rd or 4th bloom , but i'm not sure if i'm still playing this game after 80 weeks. And then it's only the first 6* character with a lvl 5 ability. :rolleyes:

Yeeeee.... 19 more characters to go for....
How do you think about this? Is there something i missed about this "valueable" item?

Zenithale
08-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Well, I think the same, I don't know what to do with my Life Cristals, especially because I don't even have a single 6*.
Maybe, one day, I will buy Level 100 Manyus, if I am really in need. Skill Blooms are really not appealing to me: I don't care of the %, I would prefer an Equipment Slot...

Drip
08-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Did you notice they have an expiration date as well? Now, it's fairly managable to reach 500 life crystals in that time, but it's also easy to miss, if you miss a few days because of a vacation or whatever.

Unregistered
08-08-2016, 07:16 PM
There's no expiration date on the crystals themselves. Or, at least...there's no way to see any date on them because it's not an inventory item, just a counter, and that would be an extremely dickish move to have things expire without any way to see when that's going to happen.

But there is an expiration date on what you can trade them for. This is because there's a limit on how many of each item you can purchase, and occasionally this limit would have to be reset with the store getting restocked.

ZeroZet
08-09-2016, 12:19 AM
They are bonus and long-term goal, nothing more, but nothing less. Sure, additional activation chance may seem small, but over the course of the play it adds up. Especially for 6*s and their ludicurously powerful skills. Not everything has to be all about instant gratification, it pays off to take a long view.

Unregistered X
08-09-2016, 12:56 AM
They drop later on in event maps... but rare (like ampys). Just get what you can, save up for skill blooms (for now - they are also used for something else much later) and don't fret so much about them.

BTW: skill triggering makes a HUGE difference, you can easily wipe out everything non-boss without taking any damage. So much so, that the units that boost skill rate activations are often some of the most sought after (and they work as a multiplier on your base rates, making skill level highly important as well).

Akuser
08-09-2016, 01:45 AM
I think its only use for buy Lotus, for increase skills of 6* or double 5*

Ello
08-09-2016, 03:33 AM
They are bonus and long-term goal, nothing more, but nothing less. Sure, additional activation chance may seem small, but over the course of the play it adds up. Especially for 6*s and their ludicurously powerful skills. Not everything has to be all about instant gratification, it pays off to take a long view.

I dont think it's claimed too much/would be any instant gratification at all, if such a bloom boosted your skill for 2 or 3 levels. It would be much more of a motivation, if farming an item for about half a year had more of an impact, cause like i mentioned before, after half a year you will have at least 5 more (probably 5*/6*) girls, who all needed a skill max and you will have to farm it for ALL of them. If it stays like it is now, i can't think of anyone having at least half of his non-event girls at max level (I exclude all advanced players who like to/have to use many 3* girls in their squads for whatever reason). Furthermore i have no idea yet, how the developers think how a 6* girl is supposed to get an addidtional equip slot by any realistic probability.

What i actually want to say: The skill blooms are way to underpowered in my eyes. They should either:
-boost you ability for more than 1 level (2 or 3)
or
-boost skill level and equip slot at the same time

What do you think?

Myrdin
08-09-2016, 05:43 AM
You can get a sure 2x Life crystals from current Event 40 AP map. Its the last chest.
The 80 AP Quest gives 5x crystals from the last chest so its really a good idea to farm this event as much as possible.

IvanLedah21
08-09-2016, 07:36 AM
You can get a sure 2x Life crystals from current Event 40 AP map. Its the last chest.
The 80 AP Quest gives 5x crystals from the last chest so its really a good idea to farm this event as much as possible.

^ This. The skill blooms may seem underwhelming, but that's partly because they take so long to buy normally. So when events like this one, where they drop quite regularly, it's best to farm them like mad for those crystals because they accumulate at, what, 4-5 per day otherwise?

Ello
08-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Just found it out, after i had written the post. This actually changes something. I'm going to farm them during the event. I think the maps also trigger the bonus levels, do they?

I still wish they connected the skillbloom somehow to also improve the item slots but since today things have improved a lot, i stop complaining :>

Thanks for advces and opinions :)

IvanLedah21
08-09-2016, 09:15 AM
I dont think it's claimed too much/would be any instant gratification at all, if such a bloom boosted your skill for 2 or 3 levels. It would be much more of a motivation, if farming an item for about half a year had more of an impact, cause like i mentioned before, after half a year you will have at least 5 more (probably 5*/6*) girls, who all needed a skill max and you will have to farm it for ALL of them. If it stays like it is now, i can't think of anyone having at least half of his non-event girls at max level (I exclude all advanced players who like to/have to use many 3* girls in their squads for whatever reason). Furthermore i have no idea yet, how the developers think how a 6* girl is supposed to get an addidtional equip slot by any realistic probability.

What i actually want to say: The skill blooms are way to underpowered in my eyes. They should either:
-boost you ability for more than 1 level (2 or 3)
or
-boost skill level and equip slot at the same time

What do you think?

I think you're underestimating how powerful the 6*s already are, and how much more broken they would be if you could unlock equip slots for them without getting them in gacha again. Additionally, since the crystals are gained from pure gameplay, if you could max out your 6*s only rolling them once, that'd be a lot less whaling for Nutaku/DMM, since people could wait for events like the current one, buy one set of FGs and just spam the hell out of the ?-4 and ?-8 to rack up tons of LCs and max out any 6*s they have.

Put simply, the 6*s are designed to be incredibly powerful at base skill level and default one equip slot. Giving access to both skill up AND equip slot would increase their skill trigger rate, which boosts their already huge attack through the roof, and you want to give them the further boost of extra equipment? Slap a +8-10 leveled ring on a leveled, evolved 6* and they wreck almost everything unless you give them a horribly underpowered team.