PDA

View Full Version : Where to farm gold/gacha seeds?

wfwfwf
08-14-2016, 04:08 PM
Can i have some tip on which mission/stage are the best to farm gold / gacha seeds?

just started playing this game not long ago and i always find myself having difficulty to upgrade my character due to insufficient gold

Discoceris
08-14-2016, 06:06 PM
Can i have some tip on which mission/stage are the best to farm gold / gacha seeds?

just started playing this game not long ago and i always find myself having difficulty to upgrade my character due to insufficient gold

Normal exp maps are good for grinding gacha seeds. However, for gold, don't do the Friday/Saturday event, until you can routinely and easily clear the 80 stam map (by this, I mean getting the maximum available coin points with your teams completely traversing the entirety of that map and overlapping each other) Just do normal exp map and sell off 2★ girls you earn. With the seeds you get, play off the 10 summon gacha, and immediately sell off all 2★ and extra 3★ girls. Here are pointers to save money:

-Dump all low level manyus on low level throwaway members in your roster. That includes 3★ girls that you're not planning on using. When you get to a point in the game where you've leveled pretty much all of your high level girls, at least you won't waste time and coin on leveling off everybody else. This is also to hit the targets for the daily quests by spending as little coin as possible, which makes accumulating coins for evolving less painful.

-Target leveling of high level characters in one go. You waste a LOT of coin leveling them one high level manyu at a time. As those girls get higher in level, the cost for leveling them goes up for each manyu/exp slot you fill.

Example: instead of leveling a girl 2,500 + 3,000 + 3,500 + 4,000 + 4,500 (17,500), it is much more preferable to level her 2,500 x 5 (12,500) You may think saving 5K in this instance not a whole lot, but let me tell you about human behavior. If you engage in the former, you will do that repeatedly, over and over, which results in hundreds of THOUSANDS in wasted coin. If you practice the latter ritually, you end up saving lots of coin, and not seeing the same kinds of problems other players experience.

-Of course, practicing holding off on leveling high level girls require a lot of slots. This also means foregoing wasteful single summons (5 flower) and spending it on inventory/girl expansion. Do it. Because events will give you some tasty 5★ girls and having powerful, synergized teams are requirements to complete events, then it's better to aim for that than some moonshot rainbow pull.

Distortedrealms
08-14-2016, 06:22 PM
12-5, when your strong enough, can give up to 4500+ gold, 1000+ normal gacha, frequent ampy's, and gives 560 stamina on top of spawning SG. Its the best map currently available imo.

moarsi
08-14-2016, 06:25 PM
12-5, when your strong enough, can give up to 4500+ gold, 1000+ normal gacha, frequent ampy's, and gives 560 stamina on top of spawning SG. Its the best map currently available imo.

You mean 560 experience :rolleyes:

Ancarius
08-14-2016, 09:19 PM
No, it should give Stamina so the farming never ends. XD

Astasia
08-15-2016, 02:47 AM
From what I have found through searching these forums and testing myself, is that 2-1 is the best stage to farm until 12-3 and then 12-5. It seems strange, but the game has a rather linear reward scale based on stamina cost, with only some slight variation, and 2-1 is one of the best in terms of stamina to reward. The special stages are the exception, most of them have much higher stamina cost than the reward they offer, which makes them not worth doing. The 12 cost hidden stage though is very good to do, which is the other reason to farm 2-1. So you grind 2-1, do the hidden stage every time it comes up, and sell all the 2 stars you get from the stage and from the gacha.

-Target leveling of high level characters in one go. You waste a LOT of coin leveling them one high level manyu at a time. As those girls get higher in level, the cost for leveling them goes up for each manyu/exp slot you fill.

Example: instead of leveling a girl 2,500 + 3,000 + 3,500 + 4,000 + 4,500 (17,500), it is much more preferable to level her 2,500 x 5 (12,500) You may think saving 5K in this instance not a whole lot, but let me tell you about human behavior. If you engage in the former, you will do that repeatedly, over and over, which results in hundreds of THOUSANDS in wasted coin. If you practice the latter ritually, you end up saving lots of coin, and not seeing the same kinds of problems other players experience.

Gradual increases in power is what allows one to progress in the game though. Also the cost increases only about 70 gold per level for non-evolved girls and 100 for evolved, so the difference in upgrading with 5-10 manyus compared to doing them 1-2 at a time is only a few hundred gold. It's honestly not worth thinking about IMO.

Largepotato
08-15-2016, 03:46 AM
I prefer 12-3 over 12-5. Quick and easy, 3 guaranteed chests with 2 more likely.

I do 13-4 now though. still 3 guaranteed chests, but the extra 2 aren't as easy to get as 12-3. It compensates for less chests by having a much better raid boss though.

nazrin992
08-15-2016, 05:06 AM
Currently I already gone to 5 Campaign missions(just starting level 6). Should I do 2-1 or use other missions?

ZeroZet
08-15-2016, 05:24 AM

If you are doing levelling farming, kindly refer to this thread (http://harem-battle.club/flower-knight-girl/1473-farm.html) - it has a good advices on this matter.
While you are at it, you might also want to look at Beginner's Tips (http://harem-battle.club/flower-knight-girl/1310-beginners-guide-tips.html) and Another Tips (http://harem-battle.club/flower-knight-girl/1320-tips-tricks-jp-experience.html) for some, well, tips.) While game's help section (below the main window) does offer a good run-down on the mechanics (do read it if you still didn't), your fellow players' wisdom is also invaluable.

(side note We REALLY need to have these threads pinned...)

Also, always, and I mean A.L.W.A.Y.S use 10x fodders in your feeding sessions (with only exception being the last supper - only use as many fodder as you need to hit max level there, of course). As Tenhou-sama once wrote (http://harem-battle.club/flower-knight-girl/1457-stage-farm-post28503.html#post28503), costs rise with your base unit's levels, so make sure to feed as much experience as you can at as low level as you can. And you also want to graduate to more nourishing manyuus at higher levels as you go, to yet again cut down the expenses. While raising your girls on a strict lv.100 manyuu diet might be cheapest, said manyuus are also quite rare, especially when you just starting up, and so best saved up for final stretch.
General consensus seems to be lv.5 manyuus to level 30-35, then lv.20 manyuus to level 45-50, then lv.100 manyuus to the top. You may start with the meal consisting of 2* girls to level 12-15 if you fancy that, as well...

Miu
08-15-2016, 06:29 AM
Gradual increases in power is what allows one to progress in the game though. Also the cost increases only about 70 gold per level for non-evolved girls and 100 for evolved, so the difference in upgrading with 5-10 manyus compared to doing them 1-2 at a time is only a few hundred gold. It's honestly not worth thinking about IMO.

Yeah, it's not disastrous if you don't do a full 10 every time. If you need the power right now to clear an event map then it's absolutely worth spending a little extra gold to get that 3 medal clear or whatever. On the other hand if you're just farming 2-1 then there's no reason not to wait for 10, since powering up your girls is not going to make 2-1 any easier than it already is.

In general it's important to remember that efficient leveling is only a matter of saving gold (you get the same amount of exp either way) and while gold is useful, it's easier to farm more gold than it is to get many other things (event girls, flower gems, gold dragons, etc). So if you're in need of power right now to clear or farm a map before it expires and you only have like 5 manyus then don't hesitate to use them. You don't want to spend a bunch of stamina trying to get 10 to save some gold, and then not have enough stamina to spend on the event/whatever map.

Distortedrealms
08-15-2016, 06:54 AM
You mean 560 experience :rolleyes:

Yeah, what he said :o

wfwfwf
08-15-2016, 08:34 AM
Thanks for all the tips :o will keep it in mind. As for the stage to farm, are there any alternative rather then 12-5? I am currently too weak for 12-5.... 2-1 is fine but is there anymore maps like this?

Ancarius
08-15-2016, 09:01 AM
12-3 would be the best bet before that or just any stage 11-1 onwards since those give the 80 Stamina Garden.

nazrin992
08-15-2016, 10:21 AM
That's nice and all(really, going to keep in my brain for these info) but the guy said he just started the game and I'm sure he may not even reached Mission 12 for that matter. Perhaps give him advice that suits more of his level? Are there really no other maps that are better suited for newbies?

EDIT: sniped by the OP.

Distortedrealms
08-15-2016, 08:07 PM
Okay, a good alternative to any of the 12-# is 10-3. It gives over 500 experience, and frequent SG that costs 50 stamina and can give you up to three royal chests with the chance at lvl 100 manyus. Not a bad deal really but the drawback is random ampy's don't appear, or I have never seen one.

Mystic
08-15-2016, 08:22 PM
50 stamina SG isnt very appealing when compared to 12 and 80 stamina SG. I believe that farming stage 12 will still be the best, gold, better SG and even ampys. Also, usually the higher the stamina cost for missions the better the gold/seeds/exp ratio.

Distortedrealms
08-15-2016, 08:33 PM
Really its all relative to strength. You and I, with our full 6* line and strong allies, its a cakewalk, but for weaker players 12-# can be a meat grinder until a much later level. 10-3, while nowhere close to 12-# in rewards, is a good and easy way to farm leveled manyus if nothing else. I do agree the 12 stamina SG with 2-1 is essential for early players though.

Unregistered
08-15-2016, 10:10 PM
You shouldn't have any gold problems until you start evolving your knights. I had 500k banked when I first started spending major gold.

-Have you cashed in the Daily Quests yet? Those give several thousand gold which eventually adds up.

-You shouldn't need to level up your 2 stars beyond level 10, that's high enough to tide you over until you have 50 gems for an 11 pull which will then give you enough power to let you collect 50 gems for another 11 pull to phase out 2 stars completely from your squads.

nazrin992
08-16-2016, 02:32 PM
Really its all relative to strength. You and I, with our full 6* line and strong allies, its a cakewalk, but for weaker players 12-# can be a meat grinder until a much later level. 10-3, while nowhere close to 12-# in rewards, is a good and easy way to farm leveled manyus if nothing else. I do agree the 12 stamina SG with 2-1 is essential for early players though.
See, this is a better advice. Thank you for understanding :)

senvil
08-17-2016, 08:01 AM
You shouldn't have any gold problems until you start evolving your knights. I had 500k banked when I first started spending major gold.

-Have you cashed in the Daily Quests yet? Those give several thousand gold which eventually adds up.

-You shouldn't need to level up your 2 stars beyond level 10, that's high enough to tide you over until you have 50 gems for an 11 pull which will then give you enough power to let you collect 50 gems for another 11 pull to phase out 2 stars completely from your squads.

Going to have to agree with this statement. When I started I was completely wreckless on gold upgrading every 2-3 manyu's and just eating thru gold advancing characters.

Finally had a dead spell waiting for new 5*'s with the previous event and I'm back up to near 1 million gold.

Dont worry about going broke since the gold will always be flowing in.

Kyosuke Kiryu
08-18-2016, 01:47 AM
Mission 13 is the best to farm everything, you get a lot of exp, a good amount of gold and seeds, if you are lucky you get ampys too and at the end you may spawn a secret garden that gives a lot of gold and manyus or a raid boss that gives a lot of mid-tier seeds

Of course if you are not strong enough just stick to mission 11 or 12 until you can do mission 13

Discoceris
08-20-2016, 04:13 PM

No, the gradual increase in your power is negligible on event maps. Don't believe me? Look at the stam costs in the maps and the fact that there are only 4 available maps per phase. An increase in 5% performance will not allow you to progress from a 50 stam map to an 80 stam map. If you were struggling on the 50, then you may as well give up on clearing the 80 with just slight improvements. It's better to just grind out the story maps and build up your team efficiently and forego the current event, and possibly even the event after that.

What's the point of scraping and struggling to get a 1 slot/skill 1 5★ when a fully evolved, 100% affection, 2 slot/2 skill 4★ would be far better? This is the mindset of people thinking somehow that certain units are better on a moonshot pull or a lame event reward, when they have potential money winners already in their inventory or within their grasp. Again, many of you are overvaluing 5★ and 6★ girls, citing statistics, and ignoring the myriads of variables that make it impossible for the normal player to obtain. Nutaku feeds into this narrative, actively encouraging this kind of rhetoric, as it encourages whales and people spending real money.

The fact of the matter is that the game (most games) can be played for free and without the need for all of these high level girls. The one exception I've encountered is in the realm of ranking and PvP (games like Valkyrie Crusade, School Girl Strikers, Rage of Bahamut, etc.), where having all the best of the best, minute differences in power and performance, all of this can change the rewards you earn. Games like FKG, however, are simply and purely single player focused, and are casual in nature.

You can beat the game without killing yourself over obtaining all the 5★ and 6★ girls. If you can get them with some luck on the available pulls, then more power to you. But people need to get out of the mindset that the only way you can clear events and have fun is through having 4 teams of rainbow girls.

Unregistered
08-21-2016, 01:27 AM
What's the point of scraping and struggling to get a 1 slot/skill 1 5★ when a fully evolved, 100% affection, 2 slot/2 skill 4★ would be far better?

Because you have a chance to get the 4* girl any time for as long as the game is running...but the 5* event girls are here now, gone in two weeks, and won't return until much, much later*. It's not what any particular girl can do for you, this is a collection game and with the difficulty of the game we've seen so far the utility of each of them is largely a secondary concern.

Plus, you aren't really giving up too much about that 4* girl to get the 5* girl, so why not get them both?

(*Eventual return is still unconfirmed for Nutaku version)

- - - Updated - - -

What's the point of scraping and struggling to get a 1 slot/skill 1 5★ when a fully evolved, 100% affection, 2 slot/2 skill 4★ would be far better?

Because you have a chance to get the 4* girl any time for as long as the game is running...but the 5* event girls are here now, gone in two weeks, and won't return until much, much later*. It's not what any particular girl can do for you, this is a collection game and with the difficulty of the game we've seen so far the utility of each of them is largely a secondary concern.

Plus, you aren't really giving up too much about that 4* girl to get the 5* girl, so why not get them both?

(*Eventual return is still unconfirmed for Nutaku version)

- - - Updated - - -

No, the gradual increase in your power is negligible on event maps. Don't believe me? Look at the stam costs in the maps and the fact that there are only 4 available maps per phase. An increase in 5% performance will not allow you to progress from a 50 stam map to an 80 stam map. If you were struggling on the 50, then you may as well give up on clearing the 80 with just slight improvements. It's better to just grind out the story maps and build up your team efficiently and forego the current event, and possibly even the event after that.

What's the point of scraping and struggling to get a 1 slot/skill 1 5★ when a fully evolved, 100% affection, 2 slot/2 skill 4★ would be far better? This is the mindset of people thinking somehow that certain units are better on a moonshot pull or a lame event reward, when they have potential money winners already in their inventory or within their grasp. Again, many of you are overvaluing 5★ and 6★ girls, citing statistics, and ignoring the myriads of variables that make it impossible for the normal player to obtain. Nutaku feeds into this narrative, actively encouraging this kind of rhetoric, as it encourages whales and people spending real money.

The fact of the matter is that the game (most games) can be played for free and without the need for all of these high level girls. The one exception I've encountered is in the realm of ranking and PvP (games like Valkyrie Crusade, School Girl Strikers, Rage of Bahamut, etc.), where having all the best of the best, minute differences in power and performance, all of this can change the rewards you earn. Games like FKG, however, are simply and purely single player focused, and are casual in nature.

You can beat the game without killing yourself over obtaining all the 5★ and 6★ girls. If you can get them with some luck on the available pulls, then more power to you. But people need to get out of the mindset that the only way you can clear events and have fun is through having 4 teams of rainbow girls.

I don't get your point, it's not hard to get an event girl and level your silvers at the same time. I've only been playing since Star Lily and I have 6 evolved silvers, 3 evolved golds, 3 golds ready to evolve with perfect Star Lily, perfect Lech and 18 medal Geranium, and I'm pretty sure I'm on the slower side since I wasn't farming efficiently for half that time. I guess I got lucky starting with 2 collection event in a row before having to do a medal event, but a medal event requires even less work since your limits are clearly defined, there's no "scraping and struggling" involved.

In the first place nobody is saying anything about silvers being trash, the guy was just saying the gold loss from using a few manyus at a time is negligible. I agree that silvers are super great workhorses but there's no reason to not participate in an event that gives out a free 5* which just have plain better stats, skill proc rates, and passives. I would argue why you would have an evolved 100% affection silver when you can have an evolved 100% affection gold?

Also, waifus. Not just any waifus, LIMITED EDITION WAIFUS.

IvanLedah21
08-22-2016, 07:52 AM
YES, LIMITED EDITION WAIFUS!!! GET THEM WHILE THEY'RE HOT!!!

On a serious note, Discoceris, I think you are overestimating the "scraping and struggling" idea. As you said, a lot of event maps, you either are going to clear them with your current team or you're not. If you give it a shot and get wrecked, banging your head against the wall is obviously futile, so go farm, level and come back a week later. Since events run every 2 weeks, no point wasting stamina on failed runs when you can take a week to power up and come back and get a respectable 2 slot, 3 skill event unit. There is very rarely a point where a few extra levels from a few hours of farming is going to let you clear a map you failed, so taking a couple days to level up and then come back for revenge is much more preferable.

So basically, your argument has merit IF AND ONLY IF you're addressing players who think a couple levels will make or break their ability to clear event map X, and I at least HOPE most players aren't silly enough to think one great hour of leveling will let them clear a map they just got wrecked on.

Unregistered
08-22-2016, 01:08 PM
On a serious note, Discoceris, I think you are overestimating the "scraping and struggling" idea. As you said, a lot of event maps, you either are going to clear them with your current team or you're not. If you give it a shot and get wrecked, banging your head against the wall is obviously futile, so go farm, level and come back a week later. Since events run every 2 weeks, no point wasting stamina on failed runs when you can take a week to power up and come back and get a respectable 2 slot, 3 skill event unit. There is very rarely a point where a few extra levels from a few hours of farming is going to let you clear a map you failed, so taking a couple days to level up and then come back for revenge is much more preferable.

I have three accounts. My main, of course, will 3-medal every event map. The middle one can clear (but not complete) every event map with my main's helper team. The lowest (I started it at the beginning of this event) can clear but not complete every map except the last one...there is just too much for my main's helper team to overcome since it's reduced to lvl 50. What I have been able to do with both of my other accounts during the course of the event, though, is to gain a medal here and there over what I was able to do the first time...some maps I could only clear the first time are now completed and some that had only one medal now have two. Many of those maps relied on a lot of luck in addition to needing more 'oomph' in my main teams, so if I hadn't 'banged my head against the wall' after minor improvements and team rearrangements, I wouldn't be able to wait till today and still get the same amount of medals. After all, these lower accounts have a lot less stamina per day with which to work.

A veteran can tell when it's a matter of unit strength, when it's just figuring out a better way to tackle the map that your facerolling main account doesn't need, and when you've got the whole thing decoded and you just need a bit of better luck. So yeah, throwing a ton of stamina at the event has gotten a brand new account (that has significant help from a lvl 111 account) 18 medals. Not outstanding, but still a lot better than the 'not enough medals to get the girl at all' I got on my second account's first event. It should be noted that truly new players, though, won't have all the advantages they need to do it like this...and maybe that's the whole point.

IvanLedah21
08-22-2016, 02:28 PM
I have three accounts. My main, of course, will 3-medal every event map. The middle one can clear (but not complete) every event map with my main's helper team. The lowest (I started it at the beginning of this event) can clear but not complete every map except the last one...there is just too much for my main's helper team to overcome since it's reduced to lvl 50. What I have been able to do with both of my other accounts during the course of the event, though, is to gain a medal here and there over what I was able to do the first time...some maps I could only clear the first time are now completed and some that had only one medal now have two. Many of those maps relied on a lot of luck in addition to needing more 'oomph' in my main teams, so if I hadn't 'banged my head against the wall' after minor improvements and team rearrangements, I wouldn't be able to wait till today and still get the same amount of medals. After all, these lower accounts have a lot less stamina per day with which to work.

A veteran can tell when it's a matter of unit strength, when it's just figuring out a better way to tackle the map that your facerolling main account doesn't need, and when you've got the whole thing decoded and you just need a bit of better luck. So yeah, throwing a ton of stamina at the event has gotten a brand new account (that has significant help from a lvl 111 account) 18 medals. Not outstanding, but still a lot better than the 'not enough medals to get the girl at all' I got on my second account's first event. It should be noted that truly new players, though, won't have all the advantages they need to do it like this...and maybe that's the whole point.

Well, when I talk about "banging your head against the wall" I mean you got utterly wrecked and yet you think a few level ups will change that. Plenty of maps require rearranging (maybe you need a fast team to clear ahead but then die to the boss, maybe you need your strongest team on a specific path, etc.) but if you can't even 1-medal a map with a strong helper team, you're not likely going to do so with just a few level ups (a newbie jumping into a ?-4/?-8 event map with a helper team restricted to level 20/30 is just wasting stamina). There's a difference between just changing tactics (rearranging teams and positions) and "banging your head against the wall" (your teams are just too weak to beat more than 1-2 pest nodes)

Unregistered
08-22-2016, 04:23 PM
Well, when I talk about "banging your head against the wall" I mean you got utterly wrecked and yet you think a few level ups will change that. Plenty of maps require rearranging (maybe you need a fast team to clear ahead but then die to the boss, maybe you need your strongest team on a specific path, etc.) but if you can't even 1-medal a map with a strong helper team, you're not likely going to do so with just a few level ups (a newbie jumping into a ?-4/?-8 event map with a helper team restricted to level 20/30 is just wasting stamina). There's a difference between just changing tactics (rearranging teams and positions) and "banging your head against the wall" (your teams are just too weak to beat more than 1-2 pest nodes)

Well...yes and no. If you can boost just one single girl to the point where it isn't level-limited so much, your helper team can clear (sometimes even complete) an event map where you got utterly wrecked before. You still won't be able to clear a single pest with your own teams, but you can use them to soften up the pests for the helper. That is totally doable within the time frame of the event...and I know because I've done it.

(And the medal count now stands at 19, BTW. Nothing about which to be particularly proud, but I sure didn't think I'd ever clear ?-8 in time.)

IvanLedah21
08-23-2016, 08:09 AM
Well...yes and no. If you can boost just one single girl to the point where it isn't level-limited so much, your helper team can clear (sometimes even complete) an event map where you got utterly wrecked before. You still won't be able to clear a single pest with your own teams, but you can use them to soften up the pests for the helper. That is totally doable within the time frame of the event...and I know because I've done it.

(And the medal count now stands at 19, BTW. Nothing about which to be particularly proud, but I sure didn't think I'd ever clear ?-8 in time.)

Ah right, forgot about that "1-girl level grind" trick so you can make better use of strong helper teams. That makes it more reasonable (if you're doing that and not spreading levels around like I'm sure some newbies do)