PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting talents: illustrators, scenarists, colorists... and more ;)

Kinkoid
08-26-2016, 07:37 AM
Dear HaremHeroes,

We're looking for talented collaborators that understand our type of humor & hentai ;).

you've all noticed that we're pretty slow updating the stories.
That is explained by the fact that developping HaremHeroes is still an activity done on our free time, that we're a small team and that we do everything ourselves from coding to writing/scripting/illustrating/coloring to talking to you all ;).

But enough with excuses ;).

To make more regular, quality updates, with more nasty stories and illustrations, we need to enlarge our team!

Practically, in the future we'd like to make more parodic worlds and have for example "Harem Heroes, world 5, the hentai parody of Dragon Ball". Or hentai parody of Bleach, FMA, Death Note, Fairy Tail, Resident Evil, FF7, Evangelion, Sailor Moon, Mortal Kombat, WoW, etc etc you got the idea anyway ;).

For each world, we need :

a scenarist that will script the world, its map, each image,dialogues, transitions, trolls, etc
a game designer that will balance it all and make it coherent in terms of gameplay and player experience
an illustrator with a manga style that can match our main artist's style. We know it's tricky, but we obviously need to keep it as coherent as possible !
a colorist that will ... ;)

Since there are so many worlds we'd like to offer players, we need as many good artists as possible so we can create worlds in parallel and increase overall updates speed !
We want to start with more parodies but in the near future we'd like to have original stories, that would be awesome too.

If you're interested publish your portfolio here and/or contact me by PM.
If you know artists than could be interested please bring them here ;).

Thanks again for all your support, we believe in the power of communities... so if you want to get involved, let's talk ;).

BroyT

ps: if you want to know a bit more about us, check these links :
https://www.lewdgamer.com/2016/07/25/harem-heroes-releases-on-nutaku/
https://www.patreon.com/kinkoid
kinkoid.com

Aymi
08-26-2016, 02:54 PM
Even if we are not qualified for such oportunities, could it be possible to give some ideas for future release?

For example, as I am going forward in the story, I think it is sad not to be able come back from times to times in the previous world.
So why not add a Daily (or once in a week, month...) chapter/scroll in each world once it is completed? It could be a mini scenario with the lead girl (Juliette, Agate...) as the main lead character along our heroes, with the possibilities to meet old friends and foes alike. (e.g in world 1 the Mermaid, in world 2 the palace guard, or even better the naughty girl and so on...)

Just a thought, and maybe other players have great ideas that could be an asset to the game?

Kinkoid
08-26-2016, 03:52 PM
Even if we are not qualified for such oportunities, could it be possible to give some ideas for future release?

We're up for it!
BUT involving the community in the creative process and feedback has to be extra well structured.
Because if everybody jumps in the conversation and randomly gives his christmas wishlist... it will be a crazy mess that nobody will read :).

Basically, brainstorming/ideas should be done on very specific parts of the game each time. For example you could open a topic to talk specifically about the idea you submitted and about that specific part of the game. Then people would answer and participate in a structured way and it could become really interesting and usefull.

Sorry if it sounds a bit strict and rigid and no fun, but from my experience in games and communities if we don't do that it won't be readable... if we can't read it, we can't as game designers participate in it properly... then people propose ideas that don't get answered, everyone gets frustrated... downward spiral :).

But I honestly believe we can involve you guys in a constructive way and that it could be totally an awesome win/win ;).

Greetingz
08-26-2016, 04:08 PM
Since you're recruiting basicly the community to help with the game, is it also possible for a player to gain the information of items/girls without spendage simply for wiki purpose. As many times said before my alt, that used the admin cheat for kobans, has been rolling epic pachinko to add le epic items to the wiki, however I don't have the items that we're missing. Instead of using a "so to speak" hack account. Is there a way I can do it?

Aymi
08-26-2016, 04:38 PM
We're up for it!
BUT involving the community in the creative process and feedback has to be extra well structured.
Because if everybody jumps in the conversation and randomly gives his christmas wishlist... it will be a crazy mess that nobody will read :).

Basically, brainstorming/ideas should be done on very specific parts of the game each time. For example you could open a topic to talk specifically about the idea you submitted and about that specific part of the game. Then people would answer and participate in a structured way and it could become really interesting and usefull.

Sorry if it sounds a bit strict and rigid and no fun, but from my experience in games and communities if we don't do that it won't be readable... if we can't read it, we can't as game designers participate in it properly... then people propose ideas that don't get answered, everyone gets frustrated... downward spiral :).

But I honestly believe we can involve you guys in a constructive way and that it could be totally an awesome win/win ;).

I do understand and it is not that "bit strict". I was quite involved in others games and yes it was very often handled in a similar way.
Glad you are open to it though, now we just have to wait for it ;)

Cipher
08-26-2016, 04:46 PM
Well, i can't say i'm talented, and i only do traditional, black and white drawings, but i'd like to help if you want

Greetingz
08-27-2016, 09:51 AM
Aside of the wiki related question I posted above, I'd like to help balancing the game. I wouldn't have a full idea of what it has, beside what I can image is stamina point ~ quest screen and character stats. Maybe $$$ / time for girls.

Aymi
08-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Many things are underway as you can see in this post >> http://www.lewdgamer.com/2016/07/25/harem-heroes-releases-on-nutaku/

Specificaly the part where BroyT gives us a preview of what is to come. Very exciting, so we can assume that some things we know now may change in a not so far away future.

And that

possibility to change your Heroe's class for HaremBatlles
is a very good news.

Kinkoid
08-28-2016, 03:54 AM
Aside of the wiki related question I posted above, I'd like to help balancing the game. I wouldn't have a full idea of what it has, beside what I can image is stamina point ~ quest screen and character stats. Maybe $$$ / time for girls.

Thanks for being so much willing to help us !
Helping balancing the game is a tricky one. We're already monitoring everything from a data perspective. All sessions are logged, we know how much time is spent here or there, how much energy, where are players stopping playing, etc etc.
Before we can involve the community in improving gaming experience we have a lot to do to finish what we already started developing... involving you at this stage would be wasting your time. Still you're making me think of a problematic we're having, I'll create a topic to ask you guys what you think ;).

- - - Updated - - -

Well, i can't say i'm talented, and i only do traditional, black and white drawings, but i'd like to help if you want

Please show us a portfolio of what you're drawing, either put a link here or send me a PM, obrigado ;).

Greetingz
08-28-2016, 04:51 AM
Thanks for being so much willing to help us !
Helping balancing the game is a tricky one. We're already monitoring everything from a data perspective. All sessions are logged, we know how much time is spent here or there, how much energy, where are players stopping playing, etc etc.
Before we can involve the community in improving gaming experience we have a lot to do to finish what we already started developing... involving you at this stage would be wasting your time. Still you're making me think of a problematic we're having, I'll create a topic to ask you guys what you think ;).

Is that also the answer for my wiki question? i'll quote it again just to be sure

Since you're recruiting basicly the community to help with the game, is it also possible for a player to gain the information of items/girls without spendage simply for wiki purpose. As many times said before my alt, that used the admin cheat for kobans, has been rolling epic pachinko to add le epic items to the wiki, however I don't have the items that we're missing. Instead of using a "so to speak" hack account. Is there a way I can do it?

Kinkoid
08-28-2016, 06:35 AM
Is that also the answer for my wiki question? i'll quote it again just to be sure

It is indeed.
I know it will be frustrating for you and I'm sorry for that.
But on another "community based" game that me update since 2005, we've had too many bad experiences when giving special gaming powers to players.
Too many players ended up abusing the powers we gave them... and it created huge frustations, suspicions and scandals among other players.
Regularly I was receicing from Guild leaders "Hey this moderator that you gave gaming powers too, he's using these powers to buy tons of rare equipments with admin money, and then he's distributing it all to his Guild so they can crush us!!! That's intollerable, that's unfair, ban this guy and his Guild".
At this stage, who can you trust? Your moderators? Guild leaders? Do you want to spend hours checking in logs who's right and who's lying?
Bottom line, in these situation you either have liers/cheaters, or rumors and suspicion...
And honestly... I don't want to ever, ever, ever end up in this kind of situations.
I want HaremHeroes to be a dream place of satisfaction, pleasure and fun for everyone... ME INCLUDED :).

I hope you won't hate us for that.

And btw yes for now there are a few cheaters... soon we'll make it clear in terms and conditions that cheating in any way won't be tolerated and that suspicious accounts will be deleted. So if anyone knows of any hack and is exploiting it... if anyone is abusing of scripts and bots... know that this is not acceptable and that your account might disappear without warning.

When I say that we want the game to be "community based" it means that we want PVP battles and rankings to have an important part in the gameplay. And ultimately, we'd like you guys to be able to form your own Guilds/Clans and have competition between Guilds/Clans. And this type of gameplay can be fun ONLY if it's healty, cleand of most cheaters.

Thanks for your interest and patience ;)

Greetingz
08-28-2016, 07:03 AM
ah I fully understand that cheating isn't allowed, hence I made note of my alt's name in being the "admin hack user", I gave a couple idea's of making my alt reset or not able to list at the leader boards since it wouldn't fair. I am hoping the reset won't be yet as of now I only have 3.000~ kobans left on my alt for 3 times 10 epic pachinko rolls, I was planning to use those last kobans for the 3 new girls to add them right as them were released into the wiki. I understand your reasoning as well. Still thank you for making time for me to answer my question. :D

Kinkoid
08-28-2016, 08:07 AM
ah I fully understand that cheating isn't allowed, hence I made note of my alt's name in being the "admin hack user", I gave a couple idea's of making my alt reset or not able to list at the leader boards since it wouldn't fair. I am hoping the reset won't be yet as of now I only have 3.000~ kobans left on my alt for 3 times 10 epic pachinko rolls, I was planning to use those last kobans for the 3 new girls to add them right as them were released into the wiki. I understand your reasoning as well.

Don't worry our wrath will spare honest contributors like you ;).

Still thank you for making time for me to answer my question. :D
Well honestly thank YOU for making time to play our game and participate in such positive way to the community !!!
We've spent the past 18months developing HaremHeroes on our free time and everyday doubting it would ever interest anyone, doubting our own sanity and fighting the will to give up... reading that you guys are actually playing and enjoying our game, that really means the world to us!!!!! The past 18months have not been spent for nothing... and you guys are motivating us for at least the next 18months ;).
Thanks thanks thanks :* <3 !!!!

Rie
09-10-2016, 10:48 PM
This is interesting. I'm playing Harem Heroes and wonder when the new story will be added.
As I've been expected, the game dev surely need bigger team to continue this project.
And to be honest, if you need some new artist, I would consider to take part. But I hope this is not a voluntary.

Actually I'm a traditional painter, and now want to develope my skill into digital artwork, and it's needed adaptation. I have tried to be an indie game dev which my drawing skill is needed, using simple engine. Yes, I'm used to anime style images, and I'm not a master. But when I see Harem Heroes art style, I think it's not hard to made such drawings.

If you think this recruitment is urgently needed, reply and I'll PM you with my artworks. Thank you.

Kinkoid
09-12-2016, 02:25 AM
This is interesting. I'm playing Harem Heroes and wonder when the new story will be added.
As I've been expected, the game dev surely need bigger team to continue this project.
And to be honest, if you need some new artist, I would consider to take part. But I hope this is not a voluntary.

Actually I'm a traditional painter, and now want to develope my skill into digital artwork, and it's needed adaptation. I have tried to be an indie game dev which my drawing skill is needed, using simple engine. Yes, I'm used to anime style images, and I'm not a master. But when I see Harem Heroes art style, I think it's not hard to made such drawings.

If you think this recruitment is urgently needed, reply and I'll PM you with my artworks. Thank you.

Rie,
send me your portfolio asap via PM and I'll check it with strong interest, thanks ;)

Rie
09-12-2016, 07:38 AM
Done. Sorry for late reply.
Since a few months ago, I tried to draw digitally, and I know it's gonna be a rather difficult because I never did it before.
Furthermore, using nothing to draw but only depend on unstable mouse is like a nightmare, it's hard to draw details.

Aymi
09-13-2016, 06:33 AM
Coming back here.

I may have an idea for a world. Not everything is done in my head now, but i have the theme (at least the inspiration), 3 out of 4 girls to get and a good idea of what the hero will be up against. But i am not sure how you want it and what is the schedule? Meaning i have to write in english and it is not my native language.

Do you want a linear soty, such as a light novel?
A script with gap in the story but more description?
A very accurate girls descriptions or something general?

If you are interested i can give you more information through PM.

Kinkoid
09-13-2016, 10:57 AM
Done. Sorry for late reply.
Since a few months ago, I tried to draw digitally, and I know it's gonna be a rather difficult because I never did it before.
Furthermore, using nothing to draw but only depend on unstable mouse is like a nightmare, it's hard to draw details.

You NEED a digital pen. I can tell from a 6 years experience in that field that without a digital pen, you'll stay stuck and won't improve.
Sorry if that sounds harsh but to provide professional quality work, you need pro gear + training with that equipment.

- - - Updated - - -

Coming back here.

I may have an idea for a world. Not everything is done in my head now, but i have the theme (at least the inspiration), 3 out of 4 girls to get and a good idea of what the hero will be up against. But i am not sure how you want it and what is the schedule? Meaning i have to write in english and it is not my native language.

Do you want a linear soty, such as a light novel?
A script with gap in the story but more description?
A very accurate girls descriptions or something general?

If you are interested i can give you more information through PM.

Send me your gmail adress by PM and I'll share some working documents with you.
Main issue is that even if we're not super advanced in scenarios... we're blocked with illustrations... it's hard to find artists that fit our expectations... but we'll manage I'm confident :)

Aymi
09-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Coordinates sent btw.

Numerrik
09-14-2016, 08:39 PM
Hey there, I have ideas for women and themed worlds as well. I think I have a good Final Fantasy 7 parody idea.

Kinkoid
09-16-2016, 02:08 AM
Hey there, I have ideas for women and themed worlds as well. I think I have a good Final Fantasy 7 parody idea.

Cool. I suggest you start public or private conversation with Aymi then, he alredy contacted me and I think he has great potential ;).

BUT please keep in mind that on a level or rarity, scenarist are "common", good translators are "rare" and good illustrators are "EPIC" :).
Experienced illustrators that can match our style are so impossible to find... so don't hesitate to spread the word and help us find gems... the more artists on board, the more missions we'll make.

Rie
09-16-2016, 09:34 AM
You NEED a digital pen. I can tell from a 6 years experience in that field that without a digital pen, you'll stay stuck and won't improve.
Sorry if that sounds harsh but to provide professional quality work, you need pro gear + training with that equipment.

It's ok, I think it's not harsh. And I do really understand about it. Of course I'm gonna use digital pen for future work. And I think using those gear can't be more difficult than using brush and watercolor, because it's basically use pen and knowledge of drawing software.
Now, I try to work digitally with my own style. Meanwhile I hope you will find some artist that suit your team expectation. :)

JellyB
10-20-2016, 07:55 AM
I think im a bit interested in position of illustrator, i have been drawing for years and just started to move into digital drawing, yet my coloring skill still suck. I believe by joining this team i will be able to improve my drawing skill, so its really my pleasure to be able to help in this position :D.

About my drawing, i have a deviant art page, you can check this this link for my drawing.
http://jellybx.deviantart.com/

Even if my drawing isnt really match the current game artstyle, dont worry i can match my own drawing style if thats really needed.
Hopefully i will be able to help in developing this awesome game :o

Kinkoid
10-20-2016, 12:18 PM
I think im a bit interested in position of illustrator, i have been drawing for years and just started to move into digital drawing, yet my coloring skill still suck. I believe by joining this team i will be able to improve my drawing skill, so its really my pleasure to be able to help in this position :D.

About my drawing, i have a deviant art page, you can check this this link for my drawing.
http://jellybx.deviantart.com/

Even if my drawing isnt really match the current game artstyle, dont worry i can match my own drawing style if thats really needed.
Hopefully i will be able to help in developing this awesome game :o

Hey that's interesting.
Could you draw a test and send it to me ?
Ideally you'd take any scene you like on HaremHeroes and redraw it with your style, that could be a cool exercise :)

JellyB
10-21-2016, 07:34 AM
Hey that's interesting.
Ideally you'd take any scene you like on HaremHeroes and redraw it with your style, that could be a cool exercise :)

Hmm, im still on the beginning of the game though since im suffering from energy limitation :p
Okay, tomorrow i'll try to draw after class, hopefully my drawing skill isnt rusty yet :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey that's interesting.

Yo Kinkoid, i have draw a scene in my version, i have sent it to you :D
Hopefully my drawing is good enough :)

MasterE
10-24-2016, 03:25 PM
Have you guys given any thought to gameplay? Something to engage players more interactively in plot conflicts, something simple yet addicting, with an inherent metagame due to the character collection and team building aspects.

The same basic mechanics can be used to stand in for both sexual and martial contests. There should be just enough AI for players to autoplay the quest or each other, so it's optional for anyone who prefers to skip it.

JessieChan
11-09-2016, 02:43 AM
We're up for it!

Hi, I am Jessie and I think that Harem Heroes has one of the best communities.. As I read the topics here, I see there are a lot of ideas/complaints, that need to be structured, like you said, and presented well to the team, so that good improvements are being done and players are happy.
So I want to help in that area, if you think it will be a nice addition to the game :o

Kinkoid
11-10-2016, 07:07 AM
So I want to help in that area, if you think it will be a nice addition to the game :o

I see you're positively active around here.
I'm thinking about trying a skype channel for casual chat... if you'd like to try that, PM me ;).

JellyB
01-20-2017, 01:57 AM
Yo kinkoid!
Are you still recruiting an artist?
I already accustomed to my drawing tablet, and i just learned a bit trick for coloring!
I also can create some pixel art character if needed (not sure this skill will be useful in your game)

Kinkoid
01-20-2017, 02:03 AM
Yo kinkoid!
Are you still recruiting an artist?
I already accustomed to my drawing tablet, and i just learned a bit trick for coloring!
I also can create some pixel art character if needed (not sure this skill will be useful in your game)

Hi JellyB,
YES we need experienced illustrators and colorists. A lot of them.
If what you do is at least of the quality you see on the game, pls share a portfolio of things already created here or by pm ;)

JellyB
01-20-2017, 02:35 AM
Hmm, okay
There are several images which are recently drawn by me
I place them on a spoiler so they wont make this whole thread full
As for chibi sprite, the example is the one i used for my avatar
Do you have a plan in using some chibi or SD sprites for fighting?
I think i could copy akabur's SD style for it, im planning to learn his style soon :D

Kinkoid
01-20-2017, 10:06 AM
Hmm, okay
There are several images which are recently drawn by me
I place them on a spoiler so they wont make this whole thread full
As for chibi sprite, the example is the one i used for my avatar
Do you have a plan in using some chibi or SD sprites for fighting?
I think i could copy akabur's SD style for it, im planning to learn his style soon :D

Really interesting!
Did you do colors too? We also need colorists :)

JellyB
01-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Yeah, i do the coloring on the drawing i showed before.
So i can help with coloring if needed :D

Kinkoid
01-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Yeah, i do the coloring on the drawing i showed before.
So i can help with coloring if needed :D

Ok I'll mp you asap ;)

gds
04-09-2017, 04:34 PM
there is 2 things id love to see you guys do.

1 animate the arena battles even if its just a static G on G sex pose for the position the judge picked for that battle its still be a improvement on the current arena.

2 be great if once I maxed my girls affection if I could interact with them some how maybe burn some stamina to have sex with her and give her a temp buff in arena battles or a slight boost in her money output for a short time? at lest then id have something to spend stam on once i was finished with story line quests?

if you did the first one it make doing the second one easier

NinjaW
08-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Are you still willing to get a writer to script out scenes? Because I'm interested in helping, but this is an old thread.

Unregistered
07-01-2018, 07:07 AM
The lost tribe of Amazons have captured the milk boy and preparing the sacrifice to the goddess VJAY. No I am not at that stage of the adventure.

Unregistered
07-12-2018, 04:56 AM
The quest for the fountain of life has taken our hero into a sticky situation, he must sup from the grail only one will bestow the power of youth beauty the others are demonic succubi. After playing whack-a-mole the quest for the legendary drop rate continues

BigBad
10-05-2019, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the new Monster Ball it is one of my favorites scenes so far, (haven't been playing that long upto Finalmecia in adventure the story). The artwork is wonderful as with all of your event backgrounds.

I was wondering if you'd be so kind as too 5 star Kimie and Arcana possibly Rumiko and Kelina and Marina. Continuing their story arcs. Thanks