PDA

View Full Version : Team Tactics

Wutan
09-29-2016, 02:33 PM

I think it is a funny idea to post your current Team Roaster here. In this Thread you can post your Team, future changes and discuss Synergy and Tactics with each other... So have fun:)

My First Team is based around Atk Buff Stacking. This Team is complete and the only Thing left is leveling those Girls.

My Second Team is also based around Atk Buff Stacking. The only Member i am missing for this Team is Monotropastrum Humile from Event 15. Canola Has to go...

My third Team is all about boosting the Power of Solar Blast. The Members i am missing for this Team are Dipladenia from Event 13, Lavender from a Recurring Event and Calla from the current Event. Violetta Tulip, Lilac and Hibiscus have to go...

The last Team is based around defensive Units. Missing Members are Edelweiss from a Recurring Event and Black Locust from Event 16. Rose and Cyrthantus have to go...

I know planning in Flower Knight Girls is difficult because future Gacha Pulls are a big factor but that's my Plan right now.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

noheart09
09-29-2016, 02:49 PM

this is my team for now
1 squad is based ont counterattack skill
2 squad on the mass-destruction skill spam(will replace leche with dianthus
3 squad is just based on lifesteal,speed and power
4 squad for now is just made of 5 stars with no meaning.
if anyone has some synergy idea pls tell me =)

PhalzyrD
09-29-2016, 03:09 PM

Squad one is for speed but other than that right now nothing specific other than top TP girls as they blow through anything right now so no need to be specific yet :D Just got Cherry so will get rid of last silver on my team soonish.

Wutan
09-29-2016, 03:15 PM

this is my team for now

You could swap Scarlet Tulip with Southern Cross because Southern Cross boost the defense of your Counterattack Squad. More Defense =More Counterattack Damage and Southern Cross is much faster. Event 14 Features a Knight with Counterattack Damage as well. Her Name is Marvel of Peru. She is a Magic Type i think.

noheart09
09-29-2016, 03:20 PM

Squad one is for speed but other than that right now nothing specific other than top TP girls as they blow through anything right now so no need to be specific yet :D Just got Cherry so will get rid of last silver on my team soonish.

wow,isnt it a bit unbalanced with a team which has so much speed and the others which have only 500 and 400 ?

- - - Updated - - -

You could swap Scarlet Tulip with Southern Cross because Southern Cross boost the defense of your Counterattack Squad. More Defense =More Counterattack Damage and Southern Cross is much faster. Event 14 Features a Knight with Counterattack Damage as well. Her Name is Marvel of Peru. She is a Magic Type i think.

good idea and yeah i already saw her,but a magic type with counterattack skill sounds so out of place

Wutan
09-29-2016, 03:36 PM

Dude i am jealous. How many Rainbows do you have xd? i thought my Helper Squad is fast but you sir you are Sonic the Hedgehog. Do you have an alternative Setup with even Speed for Event Maps?

IvanLedah21
09-29-2016, 04:08 PM
Dude i am jealous. How many Rainbows do you have xd? i thought my Helper Squad is fast but you sir you are Sonic the Hedgehog. Do you have an alternative Setup with even Speed for Event Maps?

I have a farming squad with 1081 speed (Camellia, Flowering Peach, Alpinia, Orchid and Anthurium), if he's Sonic the Hedgehog what is that squad lol?

Also, sorry but i'm even worse at 10 Rainbows with my new Dianthus from 5k gold deal. Granted 7 of them were guaranteed deals, but 3 rainbows pulled randomly is still good... even if that's from about 200+ summons (200 would average to 1 rainbow so even if it's more like 250 summons I'm still lucky)

Wutan
09-29-2016, 04:16 PM
I have a farming squad with 1081 speed (Camellia, Flowering Peach, Alpinia, Orchid and Anthurium), if he's Sonic the Hedgehog what is that squad lol?

Also, sorry but i'm even worse at 10 Rainbows with my new Dianthus from 5k gold deal. Granted 7 of them were guaranteed deals, but 3 rainbows pulled randomly is still good... even if that's from about 200+ summons (200 would average to 1 rainbow so even if it's more like 250 summons I'm still lucky)

I know who you are... you are Flash. Btw Thank you. Your Helper Squad was a big help for me in the last 2 Events.

I have 3 Rainbows. 2 from guaranted deals and 1 from a random pull. But i am satisfied so far. Can't complain about my luck to much;D

Drip
09-29-2016, 07:55 PM

this is my team for now
I bet you want to borrow my Rose (pierce type) for your counter attack squad as well. She's been quite a help on ?-9 during this event though, since the end boss is weak to pierce, so I'm not sure I want to part with her.

Corintis
09-29-2016, 10:50 PM
Psst, someone gimme Cyrtanthus and another passive x1.2 battle skill modifier aside from Geranium; I need to see it's possible to make a squad with a 100% skill activation rate!

Also, as a general rule of thumb, I put units with AOE Battle Skills at the front so I can get my damages' worth out of them while the enemy is still kicking.

Drip
09-30-2016, 04:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/eLK62bM.png

Squad 1: Activation rate, with Fritillaria to leech from it. On the first round she generally gets 8%, on the second round another 2-4%, on the third round 8-10% more.
I might replace Tachibana or Moonvine with Cyrtanthus sometime, not decided yet.

Squad 2: 50% Sun Gem increase, with Leucocoryne to benefit from the increased amount of sunblasts. Black Baccara is going to get replaced with Alpinia sometime soon

Squad 3: No idea for any tactic yet. I'll probably just stick with "lots of AOE and just above avarage speed".

Squad 4: Also no tactic yet, but Hypericum is the next slash girl in line for leveling, and she could turn this squad into a counter attack squad.

PhalzyrD
09-30-2016, 07:09 PM
Do you have an alternative Setup with even Speed for Event Maps?

I took advantage of several 6* guaranteed gachas. Yes I have alternative setup for 3 medaling map. Having off balance team like this is solely for farming maps, they end quicker ;) If an ally asks during an event for a more realistic speed I'll alter accordingly :D Below is my average speed setup TP of each will be near to each other also once I get blooms for Cherry...

wow, isnt it a bit unbalanced with a team which has so much speed and the others which have only 500 and 400 ?

This isn't for 3 medalling but farming... the faster a squad gets to flag the quicker you are done farming.

Wutan
10-05-2016, 06:59 AM
- - - Updated - - -

Psst, someone gimme Cyrtanthus and another passive x1.2 battle skill modifier aside from Geranium; I need to see it's possible to make a squad with a 100% skill activation rate!

Also, as a general rule of thumb, I put units with AOE Battle Skills at the front so I can get my damages' worth out of them while the enemy is still kicking.

I think it is possible to make a Squad with 100 % skill activation rate increases.

My future "Proc" Team will look like this:

Nerine ( +1,2 Skill Activation Rate after Blooming Evolution)
Maple ( +1,2 Skill Activation Rate)
Sakura ( +1,2 Skill Activation Rate after Blooming Evolution)
Cyrtanthus ( +1,2 Skill Activation Rate and Raid Boss Damage for the upcoming Super Bosses)
Alpinia ( Lifeleech and boosts Speed cause Cyrtanthus and Sakura are quite slow) / Fritillaria is another Option.

IvanLedah21
10-05-2016, 07:39 AM
- - - Updated - - -

I think it is possible to make a Squad with 100 % skill activation rate increases.

My future "Proc" Team will look like this:

Nerine ( +1,2 Skill Activation Rate after Blooming Evolution)
Maple ( +1,2 Skill Activation Rate)
Sakura ( +1,2 Skill Activation Rate after Blooming Evolution)
Cyrtanthus ( +1,2 Skill Activation Rate and Raid Boss Damage for the upcoming Super Bosses)
Alpinia ( Lifeleech and boosts Speed cause Cyrtanthus and Sakura are quite slow) / Fritillaria is another Option.

Sakura boosts RB damage too. Just saying. Also, Fritillaria would be a good choice if speed isn't an issue because she benefits from all that skill activating

Wutan
10-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Sakura boosts RB damage too. Just saying. Also, Fritillaria would be a good choice if speed isn't an issue because she benefits from all that skill activating

Yeah you are absolutely right. I forgot about her Pre-Blooming Abilities :rolleyes:

Yeah Fritillaria is a good choice but i would consider her for the Raidboss Nuking Team cause on Normal Maps the enemies die fast anyway (On Maps i prefer Alpinia for this specific "Proc" Team) I need so many Rainbows. My draws suck the last couple of weeks, so i hope i get at least one of them through a normal 10+1 Pull.

nazrin992
10-05-2016, 10:15 AM
I don't think it's possible to have 100% Skill Activation, at least by stacking 1.2x rate that both Geranium and Cyrtanthus have. The effects doesn't stack each other. I know since I have put the two in one team together. I eventually put Cyrtanthus in another team since she has better use that way.

Wutan
10-05-2016, 10:24 AM
I don't think it's possible to have 100% Skill Activation, at least by stacking 1.2x rate that both Geranium and Cyrtanthus have. The effects doesn't stack each other. I know since I have put the two in one team together. I eventually put Cyrtanthus in another team since she has better use that way.

Wow it does not stack? Perhaps i should Focus on other 6*. Could somebody who played the DMM Version confirm this? I don't want to waste Money for a specific 6* if that effect doesn't stack. If that's the case i only want Maple i think cause she has fantastic Artwork, is a Swordfighter, has a wonderfull Special Attack, good stats and passives.

nazrin992
10-05-2016, 10:40 AM
*Looking at Maple*

Holy, now I want her as well. It would be the same reason as I want Lupine. Both have BFS. I want girls with BFS as well.

Sadly, near impossible to get her :(

Wutan
10-05-2016, 10:51 AM
*Looking at Maple*

Holy, now I want her as well. It would be the same reason as I want Lupine. Both have BFS. I want girls with BFS as well.

Luckily i have got Lupine. I like her as well. I hoard all FG for Maple right now. Until January... Please RNG God have mercy. Maple is the only Girl i like more than Dianthus. I have a weak Spot for Samurai Girls :D

noheart09
10-05-2016, 10:54 AM
*Looking at Maple*

get in line dude,i have been waiting ages for her but fates can sometimes be cruel ç_ç .
sorry,i hope you will get her too,bfs comrade <3

nazrin992
10-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Perhaps someday. It all depends on the whim of RNG.

You know what is even better? Two BFS, at the very least like Acacia wields. Though I think she's like dual wield Broadswords though.

IvanLedah21
10-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Wow it does not stack? Perhaps i should Focus on other 6*. Could somebody who played the DMM Version confirm this? I don't want to waste Money for a specific 6* if that effect doesn't stack. If that's the case i only want Maple i think cause she has fantastic Artwork, is a Swordfighter, has a wonderfull Special Attack, good stats and passives.

I remember reading that certain buffs stack differently. Like: A+ B vs. A*B
A+B would mean 1.2 + 1.2 = 2.4
"Start with X Light Gauge" should fall into this category, I think Shine Crystals might, not sure about Attack/Defense but I'm pretty sure Skill Activation does NOT
A*B would mean 1.2 * 1.2 = 1.44
I think this is the category Skill Activation falls under.

DMM vet want to correct me, that's fine. The more accurate our info, the better for all us forum dwellers ; )

Drip
10-05-2016, 04:17 PM
I remember reading that certain buffs stack differently. Like: A+ B vs. A*B
A+B would mean 1.2 + 1.2 = 2.4
"Start with X Light Gauge" should fall into this category, I think Shine Crystals might, not sure about Attack/Defense but I'm pretty sure Skill Activation does NOT
A*B would mean 1.2 * 1.2 = 1.44
I think this is the category Skill Activation falls under.

DMM vet want to correct me, that's fine. The more accurate our info, the better for all us forum dwellers ; )
Shine Crystal drop rate is definitely of the A+B version. At least, at the start of combat, my squad with Cactace, Peach and Strawberry Candle shows "Shine drop rate 50% increased" for all members.
Moonvine + Tachibana also results in a 2.4 (A+B) skill activation rate notification on the third turn.

However, there IS something different about the effect Geranium and Cyrtanthus have: they're affected by the affection statistic. So that might be either a bug or intentional, that the second effect of the two simply overwrites the first. This is definitely something worth investigating. Still leveling Cyrtanthus here, and she hasn't even evolved yet, so it might take me till next weekend before I can really look into it.

IvanLedah21
10-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Shine Crystal drop rate is definitely of the A+B version. At least, at the start of combat, my squad with Cactace, Peach and Strawberry Candle shows "Shine drop rate 50% increased" for all members.
Moonvine + Tachibana also results in a 2.4 (A+B) skill activation rate notification on the third turn.

However, there IS something different about the effect Geranium and Cyrtanthus have: they're affected by the affection statistic. So that might be either a bug or intentional, that the second effect of the two simply overwrites the first. This is definitely something worth investigating. Still leveling Cyrtanthus here, and she hasn't even evolved yet, so it might take me till next weekend before I can really look into it.

Can we actually be sure without stacking to a theoretical 100% (if it's A+B) or stacking to at least 50% and running a hundred battles? Or does it show on the in-battle text (I usually have FF on so I'm not paying attention)?

Also, it MIGHT be 3rd turn Activation + is A+B while 1st turn is A*B due to the fact you're taking hits the first two rounds. IDK, some testing would be required.

As for the affection based, IDK if that works differently.

Wutan
10-05-2016, 04:29 PM

Interesting. Well lets wait until you evolved Cyrtanthus and together we will solve the mystery of Skill Activation :D
Sadly i am not a big Helper in this on. The only Girl i received with this Skill is Cyrtanthus :(
But potentially 6* Teams with Damage Reduction or Skill Activation+ should be the strongest Teams in the end...

I mean if the Affection Based Skill Activation Passives are A*B*C*D*E we would get a Skill Activation Bonus of 2,49.
That means Dianthus for example would have an Activation Rate of her Battle Skill from 59,76 % and that's nasty...

Drip
10-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Interesting. Well lets wait until you evolved Cyrtanthus and together we will solve the mystery of Skill Activation :D
Sadly i am not a big Helper in this on. The only Girl i received with this Skill is Cyrtanthus :(
But potentially 6* Teams with Damage Reduction or Skill Activation+ should be the strongest Teams in the end...
My Skill Activation squad (image at the top of page 2 of this thread) also carries Fritillaria, and although Fritillaria is only lvl 27(evolved) and none of the girls reached level 70 Evolved yet, the squad as a whole kills bosses as fast as my 105k power farming squad. The squads' main weaknesses are its low speed and hives though. The squad just can't tank through the nests on 12-5 for example, while my speedy farming squad heals up from them.

Wutan
10-05-2016, 04:56 PM
My Skill Activation squad (image at the top of page 2 of this thread) also carries Fritillaria, and although Fritillaria is only lvl 27(evolved) and none of the girls reached level 70 Evolved yet, the squad as a whole kills bosses as fast as my 105k power farming squad. The squads' main weaknesses are its low speed and hives though. The squad just can't tank through the nests on 12-5 for example, while my speedy farming squad heals up from them.

Yeah in Flower Knight Girls you need Specific Squads for Specific Maps and Specific circumstances :o
Reminds me of WoW. You Need Fire Resistance Gear for Specific Raid bosses etc.

nazrin992
10-05-2016, 05:54 PM
I have put Geranium and Cyrtanthus in a team and play with them for a while. Skill Activation x1.2 only happens in the beginning of each battle and it doesn't involve A+B or A*B algorithm I think. It may overwrite each other, as someone said.

fate
10-05-2016, 07:13 PM

I mean if the Affection Based Skill Activation Passives are A*B*C*D*E we would get a Skill Activation Bonus of 2,49.
That means Dianthus for example would have an Activation Rate of her Battle Skill from 59,76 % and that's nasty...

wait damage reduction is A+B as well?
that would be insane if you can -75% attack power of enemy. It equals to deal more than four times the original damage

Wutan
10-05-2016, 07:19 PM
wait damage reduction is A+B as well?
that would be insane if you can -75% attack power of enemy. It equals to deal more than four times the original damage

Yes Damage Reduction is indeed A+B. There is a Video on Youtube showcasing such a Team. It's insane :) Looks like Southern Cross is one of the best 5* Events :)

Honestly i think i am hunting only B;A;S-Tier 6* right now cause that are the Girls with Damage Reduction and Skill Activation Rate (but it seems Skill Activation doesn't stack cause Nazrin doesn't see any significant difference right now and it's the same two Girls Drip wants to test)

But maybe all Girls from the Squad need to be Lvl 70 (Evolution) to get the Skill Activation Stack? i don't know...

fate
10-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Yes Damage Reduction is indeed A+B. There is a Video on Youtube showcasing such a Team. It's insane :) Looks like Southern Cross is one of the best 5* Events :)

Honestly i think i am hunting only B;A;S-Tier 6* right now cause that are the Girls with Damage Reduction and Skill Activation Rate (but it seems Skill Activation doesn't stack cause Nazrin doesn't see any significant difference right now and it's the same two Girls Drip wants to test)

But maybe all Girls from the Squad need to be Lvl 70 (Evolution) to get the Skill Activation Stack? i don't know...

I don't think getting the girl to level 70 would change the algorithm in anyway.
Beside, what is B;A;S-Tier 6*?

IvanLedah21
10-05-2016, 09:34 PM
I don't think getting the girl to level 70 would change the algorithm in anyway.
Beside, what is B;A;S-Tier 6*?

Level shouldn't affect Passive Ability calculations.

There's apparently a tier list for the 6*s on DMM's boards. I think most of ours are B tier. Honestly though, any 6* is pretty damn effective and you don't need to go beyond 4*s to clear maps (obviously it gets easier with 5 and 6*s in the team)

fate
10-05-2016, 11:33 PM
Level shouldn't affect Passive Ability calculations.

There's apparently a tier list for the 6*s on DMM's boards. I think most of ours are B tier. Honestly though, any 6* is pretty damn effective and you don't need to go beyond 4*s to clear maps (obviously it gets easier with 5 and 6*s in the team)

Can you please give me the link to that list or the names of some S tier so that I can know which one to save money for

Wutan
10-06-2016, 01:34 AM
Can you please give me the link to that list or the names of some S tier so that I can know which one to save money for

http://harem-battle.club/flower-knight-girl/2164-discuss-total-powers-atk-stats-misleading.html

In this Thread is a list. I think it's not complete but for example:

Nerine is A-Tier and Orchid (Brideversion) is B-Tier

BUT please consider that most 6* don't have her Blooming Evolution yet and they can climb the ladder if they get a really useful ability.

Corintis
10-06-2016, 02:10 AM
All this theory talk is driving me nuts. As SOON as I feel that I get my luck turning for the better, I am GONNA GACHA DRAW, and I will pull out both Cyrtanthus and Justicia at the same time to end this debate ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Wutan
10-06-2016, 02:50 AM
All this theory talk is driving me nuts. As SOON as I feel that I get my luck turning for the better, I am GONNA GACHA DRAW, and I will pull out both Cyrtanthus and Justicia at the same time to end this debate ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Good idea. I want Justicia too but unfortunately i have to hoard FG for Maple until January.
In the end i will have to pay for her anyway because my draws suck at the moment. Only dupes the past few weeks except Scarlet Tulip...

Corintis
10-06-2016, 08:09 AM
Good idea. I want Justicia too but unfortunately i have to hoard FG for Maple until January.
In the end i will have to pay for her anyway because my draws suck at the moment. Only dupes the past few weeks except Scarlet Tulip...
ALRIGHT! Because I mentioned going for the draw here and RNJesus decided to show some mercy (http://harem-battle.club/flower-knight-girl/1290-share-6-girls-post45610.html#post45610), I can get started on that test!

fate
10-06-2016, 09:28 AM
I think that list only consider the stats.

IvanLedah21
10-06-2016, 09:32 AM
I think that list only consider the stats.

Stats and possibly passives. But ultimately, the passives are more or less useful depending on what other units you have. Rainbows are OP in general, but for maximum benefit you'd want skill synergy. Also, if you use auto-run + afk, then units like Dogwood lose a ton of value because their passives focus on Solar Blast.

Drip
10-06-2016, 10:54 AM
Stats and possibly passives. But ultimately, the passives are more or less useful depending on what other units you have. Rainbows are OP in general, but for maximum benefit you'd want skill synergy. Also, if you use auto-run + afk, then units like Dogwood lose a ton of value because their passives focus on Solar Blast.
Very true, I've used some squads from the bottom of the helper list which featured 4-5 lvl 70 rainbows, but weren't really notable in performance.

As a simple (and should be pretty obvious) example, Fritillaria by herserf can barely hold a candle to Black Baccara as a rainbow. However, in a squad with a couple of Activation Rate boosters she really takes off. Doesn't really matter if those boosters are rainbow or gold, but she's performs more like a weak gold card when put in the wrong squad.

IvanLedah21
10-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Very true, I've used some squads from the bottom of the helper list which featured 4-5 lvl 70 rainbows, but weren't really notable in performance.

As a simple (and should be pretty obvious) example, Fritillaria by herserf can barely hold a candle to Black Baccara as a rainbow. However, in a squad with a couple of Activation Rate boosters she really takes off. Doesn't really matter if those boosters are rainbow or gold, but she's performs more like a weak gold card when put in the wrong squad.

This is why all of my Helper Squad members boost the squad's stats (4/5 boost Attack, 2/5 boost Defense) and FP is going to be swapped for Dianthus (less speed is made up for by a 3rd AoE skill + heal from pest node). Anemone is the only one who doesn't boost attack but she has received 99% of my ampys, her counter ability is nasty and her Skill coming after 3 AoE skills is good stuff ^.^

Buffing the already high stats of the rainbows, plus 3 Hit-All skills and a Hit Random x3, plus Dianthus' heal, Anemone's counter, Alpinia's self-heal... UBER NASTY SQUAD FTW!!!

HakuYowane
10-07-2016, 01:16 AM
http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2016/10/07/79bUAKH2.jpg

Only calla is left to level up, not sure if the arrangement of characters is balanced though (probably doesn't really matter for now)

Zandel
10-07-2016, 01:24 AM
@Haku You would get more value out of having Tachibana, Moonvine and Star Lily in the same team... that 2.4x skill activation round 3 with +15% atk for 2 is so powerful. They also have the defence to last that long in most fights.

Corintis
10-07-2016, 03:37 AM
We're actually in the middle of figuring out how skill activation rates are working. As a general consensus, we can't agree if the Cyrtanthus/Geranium/Justicia affection based skills stack additively, but are leaning on the possibility that the Moonvine/Tachibana 3rd-turn versions do.

Can we actually be sure without stacking to a theoretical 100% (if it's A+B) or stacking to at least 50% and running a hundred battles? Or does it show on the in-battle text?

Also, it MIGHT be 3rd turn Activation + is A+B while 1st turn is A*B due to the fact you're taking hits the first two rounds. IDK, some testing would be required.

As for the affection based, IDK if that works differently.
I just got the triple-combo, so I'll be able to test that on Sunday/Monday, when I can evolve Justicia to obtain her Skill Rate ability.

Wutan
10-07-2016, 03:57 AM
We're actually in the middle of figuring out how skill activation rates are working. As a general consensus, we can't agree if the Cyrtanthus/Geranium/Justicia affection based skills stack additively, but are leaning on the possibility that the Moonvine/Tachibana 3rd-turn versions do.

I just got the triple-combo, so I'll be able to test that on Sunday/Monday, when I can evolve Justicia to obtain her Skill Rate ability.

n1 after that we will know if it's worth to spend money for such a specific Team or not :D

Zandel
10-07-2016, 08:19 AM
I Can confirm that turn 3 skills add together fully so 1.2 + 1.2 = 2.4x

I Can confirm that base skill ups add by multiplying 1.2 + 1.2 = 1.44x
Based on that i'd say 3 1.2x girls would be 1.73x (1.728 rounded up).

I can also say that having two 1.2 all the time girls and 2 1.2 at turn 3 girls in the same squad = close to 75% activation of skills for turns 1-2 and around 95% for turn 3.
Had a team setup like that for around 50 runs and that was the most common pattern.

I do not have Cymbidium to see how her 2x turn 1 skill effect others tho.

Wutan
10-07-2016, 08:30 AM

I can also say that having two 1.2 all the time girls and 2 1.2 at turn 3 girls in the same squad = close to 75% activation of skills for turns 1-2 and around 95% for turn 3.
Had a team setup like that for around 50 runs and that was the most common pattern.

if that's the case i will only buy 6* with Skill Activation+ and Units which benefit from it. I want Nerine Special Gacha right now :D

Drip
10-07-2016, 09:29 AM
At the start of combat, Cymbidiums' skill is announced seperately from other activation rate effects, so I get the 1.2 activation rate anouncement from Geranium, and a seperate 2x activation rate announcement from Cymbidium. How those two combine "under the hood" I really can't say. Could be either 1.2 + 2 = 3.2 or 1.2 * 2 = 2.4. But the result is generally 4 or 5 skill activations on that first turn for me.

IvanLedah21
10-07-2016, 10:36 AM
At the start of combat, Cymbidiums' skill is announced seperately from other activation rate effects, so I get the 1.2 activation rate anouncement from Geranium, and a seperate 2x activation rate announcement from Cymbidium. How those two combine "under the hood" I really can't say. Could be either 1.2 + 2 = 3.2 or 1.2 * 2 = 2.4. But the result is generally 4 or 5 skill activations on that first turn for me.

If it's pretty much always 4 or 5 activations, then it's likely the 3.2
Assuming average skill activation chance base is 28%:
3.2 * 28 = 89.6%
2.4 * 28 = 67.2%

If it was 2.4, you'd generally have 3 or 4 activations on the first turn:
2/3 rolled 5x and getting 5 activations would be 32/243 = 13.17% chance of it happening, roughly 1/7. For it to be a regular occurrence, you'd have to be absurdly lucky.
2/3 happening 4/5 times is about 32.9% chance of happening, still unlikely for it to be that frequent.

HakuYowane
10-07-2016, 05:32 PM
http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2016/10/08/3japntRUu.png

This is my alt, pretty much i experiment with a different management style in this one, ultimate hipster stuff but this is around my progress in 2 months (around geranium's event last week) or so, right now i am at the point where i only need to evolve and level my 5* stars, the order is not optimized by no means, its just ordered by total power (310,758), right now it can deal with ultimate stages to get the 3 medals, stronger than the numbers say definitively.

Drip
10-09-2016, 02:13 PM
Confirmation here that Geranium and Cyrtanthus multiply their modifier. (Make sure both girls are showered with presents first, since it's based on affection).

Screenie:

http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2016/10/09/nCV8Y9Ol.png

Wutan
10-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Confirmation here that Geranium and Cyrtanthus multiply their modifier. (Make sure both girls are showered with presents first, since it's based on affection).

Screenie:

Thank you Drip. Looks like i have to make such a Team...

Hmm i need Fritillaria and some Revival Events

Drip
10-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Thank you Drip. Looks like i have to make such a Team...

Hmm i need Fritillaria and some Revival Events
Just beware, that squad is SLOW: 453 speed.

One option is to switch out Tachibana for Moonvine (Moonvines event is right before Tachibana's) to get a speed of 478 instead. Which is rather slow when I look at my other squads, but it's an improvement at least. Tachibana is slightly more powerful than Moonvine though, but as said, she is slower, and one of her passives only works against raidbosses.
Another option would be switching Tachibana out for a unit with a decent buff to squadspeed, like Orchid or Alpinia, or even Edelweiss (only +50 speed, but she heals the squad on pestnodes)
Or the final option: not including Fritillaria, but having both Tachibana and Moonvine in the squad. All those special attacks triggering causes a lot of damage anyway.

Wutan
10-09-2016, 05:00 PM
Just beware, that squad is SLOW: 453 speed.

One option is to switch out Tachibana for Moonvine (Moonvines event is right before Tachibana's) to get a speed of 478 instead. Which is rather slow when I look at my other squads, but it's an improvement at least. Tachibana is slightly more powerful than Moonvine though, but as said, she is slower, and one of her passives only works against raidbosses.
Another option would be switching Tachibana out for a unit with a decent buff to squadspeed, like Orchid or Alpinia, or even Edelweiss (only +50 speed, but she heals the squad on pestnodes)
Or the final option: not including Fritillaria, but having both Tachibana and Moonvine in the squad. All those special attacks triggering causes a lot of damage anyway.

I think i will make the Team like this:

1. Maple (She also has the Skill Activation+ based on Affection and i have the Nutaku Gold for her)
2. Tachibana
3. Moonvine
4. Cyrtanthus ( I already have got her)
5. Either Alpinia or Orchid for Speed

Corintis
10-12-2016, 01:48 AM

Screenie:

I've just obtained evidence that says otherwise.

If it was multiplying, then the skill rates we should have seen would have been either 1.72 or 1.73 to round up the value. Instead, it appears that our individual 20% modifiers are adding on top of each other to get a final skill modifer of 1.6, or +60%.

Further and many more tests will have to be done to see how this will actually stack with Moonvine and Tachibana's own modifier skills. If it stacks additively (1.6 + 2.4) like Moonvine and Tachibana's, then a 25% skill rate will be enough to land 100% of the time. If it's multiplicative (1.6 * 2.4), then 26% would be enough. However, if it stacks additively like Justicia/Cyrtanthus/Geranium (0.6 + 2.4), then 33% will be needed for a 100% activation on turn 3.

As such, I shall be taking chunks of 100~200k damage out of your raid bosses in order to test this theory :cool:

Edit: Large additive (1.6 + 2.4) was busted ages ago, ever since Geranium + Moonvine/Tachibana combo was possible, forget that. Small additive (0.6 +2.4) and multiplicative (1.6 * 2.4) are what's left to test.

- - - Updated - - -

After 14 Raid Battles and 56 skill activations, (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Mu2tWPxRcpT0pubWdwZWNLaTg) I can say with at minimum, 98% certainty (it's confirmed, no way it's not after that) that the skill modifiers of Cyrtanthus/Geranium/Justicia multiply on top of additive bonus of Moonvine/Tachibana's x2.4 modifier.

30%(x1.4 * x2.4) was the used setup here. If the modifiers multiplied on top of each other, then all units with a 30% activation rate would have a guaranteed 100% rate on the third turn. If it followed the low, additive rule of stacking Cyrtanthus, Geranium and Justicia on top of each other and consequently, other skill modifiers, the 3rd turn probability would have been 84% [30%(x0.4 + x2.4 =2.8)].

Taking this established fact into account, it's safe to assume and hypothesis that Skill Modifiers of the same type will stack in an additive fashion with each other and multiply with modifiers of differing types. However, it'd still be very nice if we can finally put this matter to rest by testing how Cymbidium and Lindley's stack with each other, along with the other types.

Zandel
10-12-2016, 06:03 AM
They have either changed this or I get something different because my two 1.2x girls Geranium and Cyrtanthus give me a 1.44x skill proc.... or at least they did till this week. Have not been paying attention to a possible change but will now.

Corintis
10-31-2016, 11:33 AM
Well, after doing so deep dive test runs on using accessories, I did find some interesting trivia that relates to Defense teams, so I figured I'd share an idea or two on how to best set up a Defense-Ability unit.

From what I can tell, you only need a Defense stat equal to 25% of a pest's Attack power in order to reduce incoming damage by 50%. On the other end of the spectrum, you need a bit more than double the pest's Attack power in your Defense in order to completely negate all damage.

So my tip on using Defense Abilities is this: either include only a bare minimum in a squad to get the best efficiency out of the Defense mechanisms, or go all in and attempt to raise your Squad's Defense to make them a walking Fortress.

Now, if anybody here knows the actual equations that make Defense in this game tick, PLEASE tell. It's been a nasty headache for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and since the value of Defense is entirely based on the Pests' Attack, I'm gonna repost these numbers from the other thread.

1. Among our current 45 5*s, a Lv70 (Max Affection) Knight's average Defense is 2203
2. Among our current 45 5*s, a Lv70 (Max Affection) Knight's average HP is 12,376
3. Stage 12-5's Pests have an average Attack of 2500
4. Stage 13-5's Pests have an average Attack of 5000
5. Stage E14, ?-8's Pests have an average Attack of 8000

Wutan
10-31-2016, 12:26 PM
Well, after doing so deep dive test runs on using accessories, I did find some interesting trivia that relates to Defense teams, so I figured I'd share an idea or two on how to best set up a Defense-Ability unit.

From what I can tell, you only need a Defense stat equal to 25% of a pest's Attack power in order to reduce incoming damage by 50%. On the other end of the spectrum, you need a bit more than double the pest's Attack power in your Defense in order to completely negate all damage.

So my tip on using Defense Abilities is this: either include only a bare minimum in a squad to get the best efficiency out of the Defense mechanisms, or go all in and attempt to raise your Squad's Defense to make them a walking Fortress.

Now, if anybody here knows the actual equations that make Defense in this game tick, PLEASE tell. It's been a nasty headache for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and since the value of Defense is entirely based on the Pests' Attack, I'm gonna repost these numbers from the other thread.

1. Among our current 45 5*s, a Lv70 (Max Affection) Knight's average Defense is 2203
2. Among our current 45 5*s, a Lv70 (Max Affection) Knight's average HP is 12,376

Very interesting.

I think a good idea would be to aim for the 50% Damage Reduction and fill the rest of the Squad with Units like Anemone, Rose etc.
or Units like Alpinia cause she lives longer and has more turns to use her Life Leech Attack...

Btw. where do you find that numbers?

I assume it's very difficult to raise the Defense that much to negate all Damage at later Stages in the Game... (17-1... etc.)

I am curious how much worth is a specific Defense increase compared to a specific Damage Reduction (like Dahlias and Bride Orchids Abilities)

fate
10-31-2016, 02:45 PM

- - - Updated - - -

So this formula is wrong? Or the calculation will be vary depend on your the different between ATK/ DEF

MiqDoloran
10-31-2016, 06:09 PM
So this formula is wrong? Or the calculation will be vary depend on your the different between ATK/ DEF

Depends if my nihongo is good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zenithale
10-31-2016, 07:46 PM
Honestly Defense Stat is really useless in that game. Against weak enemies that's not important to lose just few HP instead of few hundreds, and in Mission 14 enemy's Attack is so high that Defense does not reduce enough damage. I have a Knight with more than 4850 Def, and she loses barely 10% less Damage than others who have ~1500-2000 less Defense.

fate
10-31-2016, 08:42 PM
Honestly Defense Stat is really useless in that game. Against weak enemies that's not important to lose just few HP instead of few hundreds, and in Mission 14 enemy's Attack is so high that Defense does not reduce enough damage. I have a Knight with more than 4850 Def, and she loses barely 10% less Damage than others who have ~1500-2000 less Defense.

I agree, defense stat is kinda useless. but 4850 def is pretty amazing

Corintis
10-31-2016, 09:58 PM
Very interesting.

I think a good idea would be to aim for the 50% Damage Reduction and fill the rest of the Squad with Units like Anemone, Rose etc.
or Units like Alpinia cause she lives longer and has more turns to use her Life Leech Attack...

Btw. where do you find that numbers?

I assume it's very difficult to raise the Defense that much to negate all Damage at later Stages in the Game... (17-1... etc.)

I am curious how much worth is a specific Defense increase compared to a specific Damage Reduction (like Dahlias and Bride Orchids Abilities)
I used the pest information from the Wiki's Campaign section as my base. For the average 5* stats, I went into each profile individually and plugged in all the numbers, one by one.

What tipped me off to this sudden drop off in Defense Value is when I tried to kill a fresh, 2* & 3* Flower Knight against 6-5's 1255-Atk pest, once with a Bracelet and once without one. I was kinda expecting more out of an additional +600 Defense Bracelet.

It certainly varies with the stage, but Dahlia's Attack Reduction stat is definitely saving our Flower Knights a lot more than a Defense Boost against the Pumpkin Pests' 8000 Attack..........I mean, we'd need 16,000 freak'n defense if we wanted to negate that! I can only muster up about +50% Defense boost at best + Equips, which comes out to 5000-Def at best.

If I'm not wrong about this, both Attack and Damage reduction abilities are a hundred times better than +Defense% abilities, in terms of HP saved.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, atm, it looks like the best value of Defense comes from bolstering the damage from Counterattackers.

fate
10-31-2016, 11:04 PM
By the way, does anyone know which is the best way to sort girl position in order to deal the most dam output? Right now I'm placing girls with AOE skill first follow by single target one. But i'm not sure if it's the best way to do it.

http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2016/11/01/xWcu7vZ.png

Corintis
10-31-2016, 11:12 PM
I've been following the same rule of thumb. It SHOULD be the most effective way to sort battle skills. If it's not for some strange reason, I'm gonna be very intrigued as to why.

Zenithale
11-01-2016, 06:52 AM
I also put my AoE Skills first.
Regarding the high Defense, I simply gave all my Halloween Items to the same Knight.

Wutan
11-01-2016, 07:00 AM
I also put my AoE Skills first.
Regarding the high Defense, I simply gave all my Halloween Items to the same Knight.

Agreed.

Prefered Attack Order: AOE - Deals Damage to Random Enemies - Single Target Damage

IvanLedah21
11-01-2016, 09:21 AM
Attack Order is correct: Hit All -> Hit Random -> Single

Team Setup should synergize if possible, such as stacking Attack or Skill Activation buffs, or Defense buffs with counter-attackers.

By the way, Wutan, the team in your signature... Alpinia should be before FP due to her skill healing herself while FP is just raw damage. That change buffs Alpinia's survivability due to getting more chances to proc self-heal (probably not much more given 3 AOE rainbows before them, but hey)

Drip
11-01-2016, 09:55 AM

Team Setup should synergize if possible, such as stacking Attack or Skill Activation buffs, or Defense buffs with counter-attackers.

By the way, Wutan, the team in your signature... Alpinia should be before FP due to her skill healing herself while FP is just raw damage. That change buffs Alpinia's survivability due to getting more chances to proc self-heal (probably not much more given 3 AOE rainbows before them, but hey)
There is one more combo for Defense buffs: some girls have a passive skill that reduce a pests ATK. So combine those two buffs, and making your squad near untouchable becomes a little closer in reach.

Wutan
11-01-2016, 11:13 AM

Thank you Ivan :)

I will change it. Haven't thought about that so far.

IvanLedah21
11-01-2016, 12:31 PM
There is one more combo for Defense buffs: some girls have a passive skill that reduce a pests ATK. So combine those two buffs, and making your squad near untouchable becomes a little closer in reach.

Good point, "Enemy Skill/Attack Down" (girls like Southern Cross or Cherry Sage) would be even better than Defense buffs on high-end maps (less counter damage but a LOT less damage taken so more chances to counter)

kaiser
11-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Hey, can someone give me tips on how to improve my squads with this lineup? Just auto sorted after total power for now since the beginning.
5* Girls
4*Girls

Drip
11-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Hey, can someone give me tips on how to improve my squads with this lineup? Just auto sorted after total power for now since the beginning.
5* Girls
4*Girls
Hard to say, since it depends a lot on the maps you generally play. But, I'd definitely move Dipladenia to either your helper squad (makes it very useful for others)
or
move Dipladenia to your second squad while putting Orchid in your first squad instead (more flexible to you in case of webs behind switchnodes)

The second option is a bit more complicated, but in that case, you'd want the first squad to be (slightly) faster than the second, and the second squad (slightly) faster than the rest of your squads.
If the first squad to hit the switchnode runs into webs, then you put your first squad at a different tent, so the second squad (Dipladenia's) is sure to pass through the webs.
If the second squad to hit the switchnode runs into webs, then you can put squad 1 and 2 in the same tent leading there, causing Dipladenia's squad to pass through the webs without loss of speed. Just be careful that sometimes webs are actually beneficial.

For the rest.. Put your favourite girl as leader for team 1, don't go mono-color on any team, try to keep your first team relatively more powerful than your other teams, because
1) it's the team that tends to run into most pests and bosses (price of running ahead of the rest)
2) it's your helper team, and some players might drop you from their friendslist if it's too weak to be of any help to them

Corintis
11-05-2016, 12:33 PM
The first and easy thing to do is to sort through them by basic, matching/similar abilities. That'll Team Synergy 101. The 4* Knights will follow the same pattern as the 5*.

+Atk% ~ Canna, Peach, Setaria
+Def% ~ Bipinna Cosmos, Southern Cross, Waterlily
Nest Panel ~ Japanese Iris, Gentian
Solar Power ~ Calla, Lavender, German Iris

Camellia ~ +Atk/Def%
Orchid ~ +Atk%, Nest Panel, Speed as needed
Dipladenia ~ Nest Panel, Speed as needed
Lilac ~ +Atk%, Speed as needed

Another option is to disperse your +Def% abilities across the squads, as its efficiency drops off as the Pests' Attack rises. Also having dodge units myself, like Waterlily and Ionocidium, you can stack some together to capitalize on survival, so [Setaria, Waterlily & Southern Cross] is another thing to consider.

Wutan
11-05-2016, 12:39 PM
5* Girls
4*Girls

For your Helper Squad:

Japanese Iris + Edelweiss (she arrives soon anyway) for the famous Pest Heal Combo
Orchid for Speed and Atk Buff
Camellia for Atk Buff and Def Buff (also has a Bloomed Form later on)

For the last Slot you have different options:

1. Lavender (She is a solid 5* with good stats, has Bloomed Form later on but she lowers your overall Speed quite a bit)
2. Peach (also has solid stats and buffs Atk)
3. Dipladenia (for disabling Web Nodes and an extremely fast Team together with Orchid and Edelweiss, has Bloomed Form too)

For your other 3 Teams i would advise you to make specific Teams.

A few examples:

1. A Team based around Solar Blast Damage / increased Life Crystal Drop etc.
2. A Team which contains Girls buffing each others Atk Stat.
3. A Team based on Defense Stacking (Bipinna, Southern Cross, Water Lily etc.)

kaiser
11-05-2016, 06:31 PM
thanks for all the tips, i'll try to look over my squad as time permits.

Drip
11-13-2016, 06:13 PM
Using a variety of girls from events, gacha, and several 6* guaranteed offers, this is what My Set 1 ended up like:

I don't see myself changing it much anymore, each squad synergizes pretty well with itself.
The only girl left on my wishlist would be Anemone, she'd fit perfectly in team 3 to replace Strawberry Candle, who I'd move to team 2 to replace Chocolate Cosmos. That would turn team 3 into a pretty badass counter-squad, and team 2 in an alternative Solar Squad.

I have Peach, who I could put into such a Solar Squad as well, but I find her voice terribly annoying, so I removed her from the roster. Dawgwud and Leucocoryne would benefit from the increased amount of solar blasts regardless of what team they're in, so they're fine where they are now.

Wutan
11-13-2016, 06:41 PM
Using a variety of girls from events, gacha, and several 6* guaranteed offers, this is what My Set 1 ended up like:

I don't see myself changing it much anymore, each squad synergizes pretty well with itself.
The only girl left on my wishlist would be Anemone, she'd fit perfectly in team 3 to replace Strawberry Candle, who I'd move to team 2 to replace Chocolate Cosmos. That would turn team 3 into a pretty badass counter-squad, and team 2 in an alternative Solar Squad.

I have Peach, who I could put into such a Solar Squad as well, but I find her voice terribly annoying, so I removed her from the roster. Dawgwud and Leucocoryne would benefit from the increased amount of solar blasts regardless of what team they're in, so they're fine where they are now.

We are in the same boat...except i have much more Leveling to do than you :rolleyes: (I removed my evolved Solar Blast Team from the roster...including Lavender)

For the first time since i started playing i am satisfied with my Girls:

I have got enough Manyus for Edelweiss to raise her Level to Lvl 50 (Evolved) after i acquired the necessary Bloom Dragons.
Primrose and Apple need some serious Training though...And maybe i can swap Mountain Lily out if i get something good from the guaranteed 5* Tickets next week or i have to wait for her Revival Event...

Justicia would be n1 though...

Drip
11-13-2016, 06:58 PM
We are in the same boat...except i have much more Leveling to do than you :rolleyes: (I removed my evolved Solar Blast Team from the roster...including Lavender)

For the first time since i started playing i am satisfied with my Girls:

I have got enough Manyus for Edelweiss to raise her Level to Lvl 50 (Evolved) after i acquired the necessary Bloom Dragons.
Primrose and Apple need some serious Training though...And maybe i can swap Mountain Lily out if i get something good from the guaranteed 5* Tickets next week or i have to wait for her Revival Event...

Justicia would be n1 though...
Last week, I figured I was more or less at the stage where spending 1-2 Flower Gems on the Manyu daily was actually a good investment (my stamina is over 360 now, so that makes 4.5 manyu runs for 1 FG). Barely a week and a half ago, the levels on my roster looked just like yours: squad 1 all lvl 70, but the other squads between lvl 13 (that was Black Baccara) and level 60.

I'm starting to worry now where to spend some of my Manyus. Especially the blue ones, since Cyrtanthus is almost lvl 70 as well. I guess I'll just start leveling girls for the nation battles. Plenty 1-4* and also some 5* left to train, even if I hardly use them.

Wutan
11-13-2016, 07:17 PM
Last week, I figured I was more or less at the stage where spending 1-2 Flower Gems on the Manyu daily was actually a good investment (my stamina is over 360 now, so that makes 4.5 manyu runs for 1 FG). Barely a week and a half ago, the levels on my roster looked just like yours: squad 1 all lvl 70, but the other squads between lvl 13 (that was Black Baccara) and level 60.

I'm starting to worry now where to spend some of my Manyus. Especially the blue ones, since Cyrtanthus is almost lvl 70 as well. I guess I'll just start leveling girls for the nation battles. Plenty 1-4* and also some 5* left to train, even if I hardly use them.

Yeah i also consider using FGs on the Manyu daily.

The next Girl i desperately want is Maple and she doesn't arrive before January / February 2017 and i have stored 6000 Nutaku Gold for her anyway.

I also have to Level a lot of Girls for Nation Battles: Rose, Gentian, Canna, Iris, Scarlet Tulip, Rubellum, Bipinna etc.

fate
11-13-2016, 10:25 PM
Yeah i also consider using FGs on the Manyu daily.

The next Girl i desperately want is Maple and she doesn't arrive before January / February 2017 and i have stored 6000 Nutaku Gold for her anyway.

I also have to Level a lot of Girls for Nation Battles: Rose, Gentian, Canna, Iris, Scarlet Tulip, Rubellum, Bipinna etc.

I have used plenty of FG to refill stamina alr since I never trust 6.5% to get 5*+. Though you might want to save gem since nutaku start release the onicidium bride ver gacha

Wutan
11-14-2016, 02:53 AM
I have used plenty of FG to refill stamina alr since I never trust 6.5% to get 5*+. Though you might want to save gem since nutaku start release the onicidium bride ver gacha

Yeah but i will never get Bride Oncidium through luck anyway...maybe i purchase her through her Special Gacha for Nutaku Gold...I mean she is obviously really strong because of her Attack Debuff...but she doesn't have priority for me atm.

IvanLedah21
11-14-2016, 11:54 AM
My helper squad has been edited a bit. Bride Orchid is in despite being Evolved 40ish instead of 70 like the FP she's replacing because of her Enemy Attack -15% ability and AoE skill.

New order:
Dianthus -> BB -> Bride Orchid -> Anemone -> Alpinia
Hit All x3 -> Hit 3 Random -> Single + Drain HP (Speed boost to help this powerful team stay ahead of others to clear the way) ;)

nikonana
11-23-2016, 08:00 PM
Planning for 1st turn mayhem squad.

Cymbidium with her 2x skill rate and Epidendurum with 1.5x skill rate + Anthurium and Mountain Lily for 44% atk buff. Camelia just for basic buff.

http://i.imgur.com/Y075CuN.jpg

Too bad I need to evolve Epidendurum first, she's still weak.

AcedPhoenix
12-08-2016, 04:01 PM
As per Wutan's suggestion I'm posting my squads here.
A couple of things:
I don't have a lot of characters
I auto created by total power, then adjusted for (sorta) equal speed.
And I'm pretty trash in general :P

Here it is:
https://puu.sh/sIQYC/86c08bc8ba.png

All my five stars are somewhere in these squads except for:
Geranium Lvl 40
Mountain Lily Lvl 23
Anthurium Lvl 30
Robinia Lvl 28

Wutan
12-08-2016, 05:57 PM
You have a lot of Pierce Types there :o

For your Helper Squad (Team 1) i would suggest:

1. Toad Lily and Robinia for Pest Controll. Helps your Allies and yourself farming 12-5 effectively.
2. Cactace for Atk Buff and Rainbow Power.
3. Camellia for AOE, Atk Buff and a little bit Survivability through her Defense Buff.
4. Anthurium for Speed and Burst Damage (Atk Buff for the first turn). Speed is always n1 for a Pest Controll Squad cause you want to encounter those pesky Pests with that Squad first and absorb the Pest Damage.

Team 2 (Counterattack Squad):
1. Rose + Hypericum are your Counterattackers.
2. Lechenaultia, Star Lily and Rubellum buff Atk and Defense for the whole Squad. More Defense = more Counterattack Damage from Rose and Hypericum.

Team 3 (Skill Activation Squad):
1. Bride Cactace cause she has a Skill Activation Buff for herself on first turn.
2. Geranium (permanent 1,2 Skill Activation Buff for the whole Group).
3. Tachibana (Skill Activation Buff on turn three for the whole Group).
4. Mountain Lily + Chocolate Cosmos for Atk Buff, Defense and the very usefull Ability to create Choco Fountains.

Team 4 (4* you prefer)

Yeah personally i would go with:
1. Lilac is a must have in my opinion cause you need a Girl who's immun to Spider Web Nodes.
2. Canola (cause i like her and she was my starter :p), Buffs Atk. (You could scratch her though cause you already have a lot of Pierce Types)
3. Yeah the last three Slots are up to you. Depends how much Skill/Equipment Slots you have unlocked for those 4* and how fast the other Teams are.

I didn't calculate Team Speed but from a synergistic point of view that looks solid.

Please let me know what you think :)

The other Forum Dwellers could also make some suggestions :p

Drip
12-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Well, you could optimize the seperate squads a bit further, by moving the characters with an AOE special attack to the front and the single target special attack to the rear.
Just imagine the following happening:
you face 3 pests, two of lvl 50 and one of lvl 52.
Both Cactace (single target) and Camellia (AOE) have their special attack trigger. Camellia's AOE deals just enough damage to kill the lvl 50's, but not the lvl 52.

If Cactace attacks first, there's a big chance she'll target the lvl 50. Next, Camellia attacks, but the lvl 52 just survives. Pest counter attacks, your team takes damage, and you'll have to kill it on the next round.
If Camellia attacks first, she'll kill both lvl 50's, but not the lvl 52. But, Cactace attacks next, and the only target left for her, is the lvl 52, which also dies. Result: all pests die on the first round, and your team takes no damage.

So, you'll want to put AOE (Camellia) before Single Target (Cactace) in your setup, just to increase the survivability of your squads as a whole.

AcedPhoenix
12-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Please let me know what you think :)

Wowza, thanks for the analysis! After going and reading over the skills, everything you suggested makes sense to me. I'll get to work strengthening those reserve five stars and re-arranging my squads.

Well, you could optimize the seperate squads a bit further, by moving the characters with an AOE special attack to the front and the single target special attack to the rear.
Both Cactace (single target) and Camellia (AOE) have their special attack trigger. Camellia's AOE deals just enough damage to kill the lvl 50's, but not the lvl 52.

If Cactace attacks first, there's a big chance she'll target the lvl 50. Next, Camellia attacks, but the lvl 52 just survives. Pest counter attacks, your team takes damage, and you'll have to kill it on the next round.
If Camellia attacks first, she'll kill both lvl 50's, but not the lvl 52. But, Cactace attacks next, and the only target left for her, is the lvl 52, which also dies. Result: all pests die on the first round, and your team takes no damage.

So, you'll want to put AOE (Camellia) before Single Target (Cactace) in your setup, just to increase the survivability of your squads as a whole.

Oh yeah, you're right. I remember thinking about this before but I never remembered to move their positions around XD. Thanks for the advice!

IvanLedah21
12-08-2016, 09:08 PM

Which is precisely why my Helper Squad goes Ionocidium (AOE) -> Dianthus (AOE) -> Bride Orchid (AOE) -> Anemone (Randomx3) -> Alpinia (Single). Added value in the form of Dodge (Io) + Pest Node Heal (D) + Enemy Attack Down (BO) + Team Defense Up (An) + HP Drain Skill (Al) means all 5 members contribute to staying power over multiple fights. Al adds a nice speed buff to help them get to the front quick as well, and Anemone has Counter (along with being maxed on ampies lol)

Eab1990
12-08-2016, 10:52 PM
Squad 1 (sorted by TP):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/205665210630012930/256643821096534016/unknown.png

Squad 2 (default use):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/205665210630012930/256643977980280834/unknown.png

I just sort by waifus, really.

Zandel
12-08-2016, 11:02 PM
All my five stars are somewhere in these squads except for:
Geranium Lvl 40
Mountain Lily Lvl 23
Anthurium Lvl 30
Robinia Lvl 28

Out of those you should kn ow that Mountain Lily is very strong stat wise and has a good 1st turn ATK buff, Geranium has the 1.2x skill activation and that is very strong while Anthuriums +150 speed really helps to get the squad you want most in the right place.

I would suggest getting the current re-issue girl because she has the same 3rd turn 1.2x skill rate as Tachibana and the two of them on a team generally kills anything and everything on that third turn. Especially if you add that little red head pierce girl that adds +15% atk on turn 3.... you have her but I forget her name... wait it's Star Lily I think.

renchon
12-09-2016, 02:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/27dmFLU.png

Sort by TP's and adjust it by Ivan's suggestions long time ago.

i got Monopastrum , Robinia, Gerbera, Rose, Mirabilis, Mt. Lily not used in my squad

flink
12-11-2016, 04:58 PM
This is my current team:
http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2016/12/11/VqYQM.png

I like pest control, but Robinia is a bit shy right now.
Otherwise, I try to keep a good repartition of speed and power, but there is no real team composition.
For now it's enouth for 3 medal all the map.

Here's the helper squad I'm planning to make:
(They just need a few more levels)
http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2016/12/11/tr37B.png
I can also include Kerria for raw power in place of Dipladenia or Edelweiss but the squad will be much slower.

I'm also working on a special project to test team composition :
The Flower Knight Girl Fight Simulator !

Basically it's an excel which simulate a team fight, including skill and ability effects.
I will need guinea pig beta tester. If you are interested, please contact me.

Wutan
12-11-2016, 06:35 PM
@flink

Oh another one who likes Pest Controll ;)

PS: I have send you a PM :)

Here is my current Team:

I won't change much until i have got more Atk Debuff Girls:

http://xn--eckq7fg8cygsa1a1je.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E3%82%A2%E3%82%AB%E3%82%B7%E3%82%A2
http://xn--eckq7fg8cygsa1a1je.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E3%83%92%E3%82%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%83%90%E3% 83%8A%28%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C%E8%8A%B1%E3%81%AE%E5%B7 %AB%E5%A5%B3%29
http://xn--eckq7fg8cygsa1a1je.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E3%83%92%E3%83%A1%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A3%E3% 83%A9 (Thanks Roentgen :))

and these two:

http://xn--eckq7fg8cygsa1a1je.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E3%83%A2%E3%83%9F%E3%82%B8
http://xn--eckq7fg8cygsa1a1je.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E3%82%A8%E3%83%8B%E3%82%B7%E3%83%80

Drip
12-11-2016, 07:22 PM
I'm currently leveling Dahlia, and plan to replace Southern Cross with her in my Counter squad, or maybe switch the two around depending on the occasion.

My idea is, that for a boss with a Single Target special attack, Southern Cross would be better. Single Target attacks deal a lot of damage, and only 1 girl may counter to it, so Southern Cross is better to reduce those attacks and replace them with regular attacks.

However, an AOE boss attacks multiple girls, and gets a ton of damage from the counter girls in the squad. Reducing the amount of AOE attacks is not beneficial for the counter strategy at all! So, it'd be better to use Dahlia against these bosses, to reduce their damage while still allowing for as many AOEs as possible. (My counter squad can take half the health from the mid-boss in ?-8 when countering it's AOE, which is way better than I actually expected)

nikonana
12-12-2016, 04:37 AM
This is pretty much my general quest squad.

Team 1 focuses on Solar Blast damage, 2nd for obligatory chocolate nodes and decent buff, 3rd for pest raid and 4th for 1st turn combo.

http://i.imgur.com/JEB3xxU.jpg

maotd
12-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Team 1 is a skill spam team with Iris for damage bonus and Gerbera for her attack boost due to skill spam.
Team 2 is my counter team. Star Lily and Southern Cross are here for defense bonus.
Team 3 focuses on Solar Blast and Shine Crystal drop. I hope I can replace Casablancaby Convalaria or German Iris one day.
Team 4 is just a high damage team with Kerria as the main damage source. The others are here for more attack boost. St Paulia is here because first waifu.

Well, I certainly miss something but I can't post any pictures or links here :(.

IvanLedah21
12-12-2016, 12:17 PM
The ideal counter squad would not only have lots of counter girls, but also Enemy Attack Down girls like Bride Oncidium and Cherry Sage (Counter damage is based off girls' Attack and Defense stat, so less enemy damage means they'll live longer and counter more). Enemy strength in story maps grows faster than girls' Defense can mitigate, so Enemy Attack Down does a lot to help survival and survival = more counter opportunities.

maotd
12-12-2016, 12:27 PM
It's true. But unfortunately I have not these girls. In the same logic, Southern Cross is bad in a counter team since her skill decrease the skill boss rate aka multiple counter chance. But I have nothing more with a defense buff :/

Drip
12-12-2016, 03:54 PM
It's true. But unfortunately I have not these girls. In the same logic, Southern Cross is bad in a counter team since her skill decrease the skill boss rate aka multiple counter chance. But I have nothing more with a defense buff :/
Very true, we just have to do with what we have available. That said, Southern Cross isn't really a bad choice. She does have a Defense Buff, and she is very useful against bosses who have a single target attack for their special. Given a choice between a "normal" attack against your girls or a single target special attack, I'd gladly take the normal attack. It's just the AOE bosses for which she isn't ideal. Not ideal, but certainly not bad either.

Ashen
12-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Below are the 5* units i have at the moment

For my helper squad i mostly used my favorite waifu candidates^^ ( something like choco, japanese iris, gardenia, night phlox and strawberry candle)
Would be curious to hear which helper squad u'd choose for near future (my maxed units and nearly maxed units) and in general.

At the moment my team is just sorted in a way that the squads have kinda the same speed.
If I'd have to choose a team comp of all my units it would be probably something like this

1) pest control squad. Strawberry hasn't a special meaning here - simply wanted to have her in the team but i'd rather have units with solar dmg in 2) since her crystal drop rate works as well for the other team even if she isn't in the specific squad
2) solar blast squad
3) not sure here. the idea is a evasion squad but i wasn't sure for the last two spots so I simply put the counter girls there
4) attack buff squad. Night Phlox is here instead of 2) since she has an attack buff as well as a skill with life steal which harmonizes with attack buffs

Not sure though if the benched knights are the ones who should be benched

(oh and yea i have convallaria twice since she was my first dupe and I thought back then it would be smarter to level her :P)

Raine
12-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Below are the 5* units i have at the moment

For my helper squad i mostly used my favorite waifu candidates^^ ( something like choco, japanese iris, gardenia, night phlox and strawberry candle)
Would be curious to hear which helper squad u'd choose for near futute (my maxed units and nearly maxed units) and in general.

At the moment my team is just sorted in a way that the squads have kinda the same speed.
If I'd have to choose a team comp of all my units it would be probably something like this

1) pest control squad. Strawberry hasn't a special meaning here - simply wanted to have her in the team but i'd rather have units with solar dmg in 2) since her crystal drop rate works as well for the other team even if she isn't in the specific squad
2) solar blast squad
3) not sure here. the idea is a evasion squad but i wasn't sure for the last two spots so I simply put the counter girls there
4) attack buff squad. Night Phlox is here instead of 2) since she has an attack buff as well as a skill with life steal which harmonizes with attack buffs

Not sure though if the benched knights are the ones who should be benched

(oh and yea i have convallaria twice since she was my first dupe and I thought back then it would be smarter to level her :P)

Speedy (like 700-800 MS) "pest control" teams should be useful for the allies who farm 12-? maps...

You could swap Strawberry Candle (unless... waifu) with Leucocoryne for more healing power in S1 (I have Primrose and Edelweiss, both with heal passives, on a 779 MS team which blazes through 12-5 ahead of other squads except Drip's 887 MS and usually reaches the 12-5 boss at near-full health at least, even if I lack any of Toad Lily/Japanese Iris/Apple of Sodom).

For the blast squad, work on Moonvine to replace Calla. Moon has better stats (albeit by a little), comes with skill activation boost, and her blast bonus is 5% higher. She's also fast at 670, if you like it fast (and to balance speed because of Lavender who's a slowpoke).

Mountain Lily is a Turn 1 girl like Epidendrum and has extra DEF buffing, so she looks better in S3 while Monotropastrum goes to S4 (attack buff team). Night Phlox should do just fine in that same team.

I just noticed Southern Cross (useful in S3/counter squad because of DEF buff), and Lantana (sadly, chocolate node abilities don't stack).

Ashen
12-13-2016, 04:14 AM
Speedy (like 700-800 MS) "pest control" teams should be useful for the allies who farm 12-? maps...

You could swap Strawberry Candle (unless... waifu) with Leucocoryne for more healing power in S1 (I have Primrose and Edelweiss, both with heal passives, on a 779 MS team which blazes through 12-5 ahead of other squads except Drip's 887 MS and usually reaches the 12-5 boss at near-full health at least, even if I lack any of Toad Lily/Japanese Iris/Apple of Sodom).

For the blast squad, work on Moonvine to replace Calla. Moon has better stats (albeit by a little), comes with skill activation boost, and her blast bonus is 5% higher. She's also fast at 670, if you like it fast (and to balance speed because of Lavender who's a slowpoke).

Mountain Lily is a Turn 1 girl like Epidendrum and has extra DEF buffing, so she looks better in S3 while Monotropastrum goes to S4 (attack buff team). Night Phlox should do just fine in that same team.

I just noticed Southern Cross (useful in S3/counter squad because of DEF buff), and Lantana (sadly, chocolate node abilities don't stack).

Didn't thought about Mountain Lily and Epidendrum befroe so i like the idea. Same goes for replacing Calla with Moon since im not much of a Calla fan.
I'm just not sure about switching Leuco out of the solar blast team since her 10% attack buf for each solar blast seems too good there. And i also could get the extra heal from robinia for the pest control squad

Drip
12-13-2016, 04:46 AM
Didn't thought about Mountain Lily and Epidendrum befroe so i like the idea. Same goes for replacing Calla with Moon since im not much of a Calla fan.
I'm just not sure about switching Leuco out of the solar blast team since her 10% attack buf for each solar blast seems too good there. And i also could get the extra heal from robinia for the pest control squad
For Leucocoryne, it doesn't matter if solar blasts are made during the battle of another squad. So if you put her on team 1, and you fire a solar blast during a team 2 battle, she still gets her +10% ATK, which persists until the map is finished.

On the other hand, Strawberry Candles' Shine Crystal drop bonus only affects the team she's in, so the Solar Blast team would benefit from her, and on longer boss fights for that team, you might even be able to squeeze a second solar blast within the same fight. In which case you'd get 2 powerful solar blasts, and Leucocoryne still gets +20% ATK, even if she's on another team.

Chocolate Cosmos and Strawberry candle sadly bite eachother though. On some maps with very few empty nodes, they end up overwriting eachothers' node, so you could end up with 2 chocolate nodes and only 1 solar node, or the other way round, even though the description says they'll spawn 2-3 nodes each.
I noticed this on the 80 stamina SG, which has 4 empty nodes, but sometimes only 3 are used when you have both girls, which implies that one or more nodes of one type got overwritten by nodes of the other type.

Ashen
12-13-2016, 04:54 AM
For Leucocoryne, it doesn't matter if solar blasts are made during the battle of another squad. So if you put her on team 1, and you fire a solar blast during a team 2 battle, she still gets her +10% ATK, which persists until the map is finished.

On the other hand, Strawberry Candles' Shine Crystal drop bonus only affects the team she's in, so the Solar Blast team would benefit from her, and on longer boss fights for that team, you might even be able to squeeze a second solar blast within the same fight. In which case you'd get 2 powerful solar blasts, and Leucocoryne still gets +20% ATK, even if she's on another team.

Chocolate Cosmos and Strawberry candle sadly bite eachother though. On some maps with very few empty nodes, they end up overwriting eachothers' node, so you could end up with 2 chocolate nodes and only 1 solar node, or the other way round, even though the description says they'll spawn 2-3 nodes each.
I noticed this on the 80 stamina SG, which has 4 empty nodes, but sometimes only 3 are used when you have both girls, which implies that one or more nodes of one type got overwritten by nodes of the other type.

oh ty, that's really good to know =)

IvanLedah21
12-13-2016, 08:45 AM

You should see the dedicated speed farming team I have... Orchid (5*) (+100), Alpinia (+150), Dipladenia (+100), Anthurium (+100) and Edelweiss (+50 with Pest Node heal)... yeesh that's some crazy speed (clocking in at almost 1200)

animefan27
12-13-2016, 02:33 PM

Hi fellow FKG players .
As you can figure out by the thumbnail attached ( I don't know if i even attached the file properly coz the only reason i accidentally came into this site is because of this game ) that i'm a fairly new player . Playing this game for 3 days to be exact for a specific reason and kind of enjoying the game as a whole .
And i want to be better at this game . Right now , i'm playing this game blindly . With no planning when making my squad ( actually i'm not even setting my own squads , its all on auto ). I realised this for some time so i thought to get some advice from the fellow players themselves . I am guessing that i am doing even some of the basics wrong . So i have some questions and i will be pleased to get some response.

1. So, how do i set a good unit ?
2. What factors come into play when making a decent squad ?
3. Does the 'Speed' really matter ?
4. I heard about some 'Pests -squad' or some type of shit . What are those ?
5. Is there any strategy to perform better at Campaign ?

Thank you

maotd
12-13-2016, 03:21 PM
Well. It's a pretty unbalanced squad. If I can give you an advice, use teams with almost the same total power. Eve if it's not really revelent of the true power of a team, it can give you an idea. Espacially at the begining.
Here, your first team is pretty good with 2 5* and 3 4* but your fourth team is really weak. During a mission the first team can easilly rush through the stage and reach the end but teams 3 and 4 will certainly die quikly and don't make their job. It's annoying if you whant 3 medals on a stage.

About your questions:
1: at low level, just use your best girls and try to make teams with almost the same speed/total power. At higher level, when you will have enough girls, try to teams them according to their abilities and roles. For example, Toad Lily have ad attack boost (+12% attack for herself and 3 allies when she is evolved). She fit well in a high damage team. Yulan and Di Yu are better for defensive teams.
And don't forget your allies. Try to find somes with higher level and really good teams. A powerful ally is often really helpful.

2: Like I said in 1, abilities are certainly the most important (at least, it is for me). Skill and skill rate are also important for skill spam or high damage team. And the stats but it's obvious I think.
But the most important for me is the synergy between the member of a team. A good team is not a team with the highest total power but a team where girls' skills and abilities work well together. Give equipment to your girls also improve her stats. so, 5* event girls with multiple equipement slots are good.

3: All the speeds are important. For most of missions you need teams with almost the same speed. But for somes (espacially in event missions), you will need teams with really high speed and teams with really low speed.
Try to get the 5* Oncidium. Her evolved form give you a +100 speed bonus for the team. It's really helpful.
Also, try to get 4* Lilac. She ignore spider web and wirlwind nodes that change your speed.

4: Idk

5: All I say previously. Also, there is some threads here to learn how to play efficiently like how you should use manyu or how you should optimisethe use of stamina and level up.

animefan27
12-13-2016, 03:41 PM
Can you expand a bit on the 'synergy' part ? How does the girl's skills and abilities work well together ?
Thanks.

maotd
12-13-2016, 04:41 PM
Many girls have the same abilities or close abilities. If you put them in the same team, it will be more efficient.
For example, girls like Convalaria, German Iris or Gerbera have a bonus to solar blast damage. If you make a team with her, you willget a solar blast bonus of 65% (if I'm not wrong). Add girls like Bipinna Cosmos and Strawberry Candle who have a shine crystal drop bonus and you get a team with a really strong Solar Blast they can use more frequently.
Take girls like Rose, Snapdragon and Anemone. They all have a counterattack ability based on their defence. Add girls with defense bonus and you will get a good counterattack team.

For skills, it's the same thing. Pair girls like Convalaria or Toad Lily with a 3 target skill and pair them with Cyrtanthus and Justicia (who have a x1.2 skill rate bonus based on affection for the whole team) and you will have a nice skill-spam team with good multiple-target skill. As (th girl you can add one like Iris to get even more damage bonus (Toad Lily and Justicia already have one).

After that, you also need tomake teams with what you have. If you don't have any counterattack girl, don't even try to make a counter team.

Another example, based on your team, your Bride Cactace will work very well with a girl like Anthurium with her +22% damage on &st turn. Since Bride Cactace already give a skill rate bonus.
Another one, the current reissue Girl, Moonvine will give you a x1.2 skill rate bonus on the 3rd turn. The next reissue girl, Tachibana do the same thing on her evolved form. And the next next reissue girl is Star Lily with her +15% damage on 3rd turn. These three vork wery well?

That almost what I mean when I spoke about synergy between girls. And it's also almost the main topic of this thread ^^. You certainly can found a lot of ideas in it. But it mainly for slightly more advanced players with more girls. For a beginer, already try to do with what you have and good luck for gacha ^^.

Rupturez
12-13-2016, 05:12 PM
Another example, based on your team, your Bride Cactace will work very well with a girl like Anthurium with her +22% damage on &st turn. Since Bride Cactace already give a skill rate bonus.

Bride Cactace has a faulty description though, her skill trigger is only for herself and not the entire group.

IvanLedah21
12-14-2016, 09:17 AM

Hi fellow FKG players .
As you can figure out by the thumbnail attached ( I don't know if i even attached the file properly coz the only reason i accidentally came into this site is because of this game ) that i'm a fairly new player . Playing this game for 3 days to be exact for a specific reason and kind of enjoying the game as a whole .
And i want to be better at this game . Right now , i'm playing this game blindly . With no planning when making my squad ( actually i'm not even setting my own squads , its all on auto ). I realised this for some time so i thought to get some advice from the fellow players themselves . I am guessing that i am doing even some of the basics wrong . So i have some questions and i will be pleased to get some response.

1. So, how do i set a good unit ?
2. What factors come into play when making a decent squad ?
3. Does the 'Speed' really matter ?
4. I heard about some 'Pests -squad' or some type of shit . What are those ?
5. Is there any strategy to perform better at Campaign ?

Thank you

1) Put simply: You're too early in the game to be worrying about synergy. Worry about Total Power, and know that you're going to be reliant on helper squads to clear harder maps (though this event is unusually easy in that regard, but story maps will kill your squads once you get into the upper tier (Missions 11 and Up).

2) Again, you don't have enough leveled units to begin worrying about synergy. It primarily comes into play once you're working with Teams made up almost entirely of 4* and above rarity units

3) Speed matters only on specific maps where you want one team to reach Point X before anyone reaches the flag, or to trigger switch nodes, etc. IIRC 11-3 is a good example of this. In general, you keep them roughly similar unless you have such maps or are trying to do speed-farming (clear maps ASAP without regard to 3*)

4) "Anti-pest squads" are squads with units like Toad Lily (halves damage taken from the tiny pests that fly around maps) and Edelweiss/Dianthus/Leucocoryne (heal on pest node). Missions 11 and up favor having at least one of these (especially 12-5 where you literally wade through about 15 pest nodes to reach the flag)

5) Level up. More specifically, if you want a speed-leveling strategy that's tried and true:

Step 1: Hit up the Friends list topics for some allies with strong helper squads
Step 2: Rush through the campaign maps relying on said helper squads to get you map clears (not complete aka 3*, just clear so you can progress to the next map)
Step 3: Reach 12-3, spam the hell out of it, putting all 5 squads on the top left camp so they skip the left and bottom sides of the map and go up around the top and down the right for quick runs to the flag. Your goal here is to get as many Secret Garden spawns as possible. Make sure you have ~115 stamina before running 12-3 so you're ready for if a SG spawns (costs 80 stamina).
Step 3b: If your stamina is too low, running 1-3 or 2-1 is an acceptable alternative if you need to use up some stamina (because you're going out or something) but your current stamina is too low for regular Step 3. This method only requires about 21-24 stamina but girl leveling is much slower

Notes: If you intend to use this method, level the hell out of a single girl (highest rarity you have) because your helper squad gets scaled down to the level of YOUR strongest girl.

Ashen
12-21-2016, 01:48 AM
I only posted my girls among with questions a short while ago so I'm sorry to bring it up again. But I wanted to ask about this question more specific:

Do u think that a squad build around the evasion ability is viable or should it rather be replaced by another synergie?

Since a striking feature of the latest and probably coming pests is that they hit quite hard, I thought that an evasion squad would be quite nice. So I wanted to put them all in one squad (though I only have waterlily, epidendrum and mono at the moment :X). But it could also be better to decide their squad on their second ability and have the evasion ability as a nice side effect.
Any thoughts?

IvanLedah21
12-21-2016, 09:24 AM
I only posted my girls among with questions a short while ago so I'm sorry to bring it up again. But I wanted to ask about this question more specific:

Do u think that a squad build around the evasion ability is viable or should it rather be replaced by another synergie?

Since a striking feature of the latest and probably coming pests is that they hit quite hard, I thought that an evasion squad would be quite nice. So I wanted to put them all in one squad (though I only have waterlily, epidendrum and mono at the moment :X). But it could also be better to decide their squad on their second ability and have the evasion ability as a nice side effect.
Any thoughts?

A squad that relies solely on evasion is a squad that relies solely on RNG. However, combining it with Enemy Attack Down, Defense Up and/or Life Drain would result in a much more reliable team. Enemy Attack Down is the most reliable means of reducing incoming damage, since the pests' attack is increasing faster than our girls' defense can, and dodge is AFAIK a 50/50 or so. Thus combining the two would be most effective, with Defense Up and Life Drain being icing on the cake, so to speak.

Corintis
12-22-2016, 05:18 AM
I can vouch for that ^

I tested an Evasion squad on some RBs, but my total damage output dropped by about 25% when compared to mixing it up with Attack Reduction, Counterattacks, or almost any other type of synergistic squad each individual evasion unit could fit into.

It's still an effective squad, dishing out as much damage as any other synergistic team, but they work better as conductors for other teams. I don't know why, but I feel like they have a tendency to draw more attacks towards them, which in turn, tanks for the team, but I don't have enough knowledge or evidence to back up that claim.

Dorei0sama
12-22-2016, 07:59 AM
I am currently using evasion squad (the one from my singature) just need to level up monotropastrum to complete the whole squad. My daisy often receive too much damage and die first, it seems that i need a good tank to draw all the damage.

IvanLedah21
12-22-2016, 08:44 AM
I can vouch for that ^

I tested an Evasion squad on some RBs, but my total damage output dropped by about 25% when compared to mixing it up with Attack Reduction, Counterattacks, or almost any other type of synergistic squad each individual evasion unit could fit into.

It's still an effective squad, dishing out as much damage as any other synergistic team, but they work better as conductors for other teams. I don't know why, but I feel like they have a tendency to draw more attacks towards them, which in turn, tanks for the team, but I don't have enough knowledge or evidence to back up that claim.

Agreed. As I said, if the entire squad relies on evasion, they live or die by RNG (and we all know it's a B sometimes). Just throwing in one Enemy Attack Down girl buffs the entire squad's survival significantly (actually, ANY squad's). They work better when mixed up with other ability types.

As for the "invisible taunt" idea... Ionocidium despite her evasion is often the first to die on my Squad 1 (grouped with Dianthus, Bride Oncidium, Anemone and Alpinia). Compared to Dianthus (not comparing her to Bride because ampies and certainly not to ampy-maxed Anemone), she has 500 more HP but 100 less defense than Dianthus. Alpinia has better HP, Defense and Life Drain, so that's not even fair to compare there.

Zenithale
12-22-2016, 08:51 AM
On my side I was ready to buy Lycoris for 10€... if only we got the same Black Friday Deal for Christmas... :(
... to build a Team like that:
Cattleya (Skill level 5) + Lycoris + Setaria (with 2 Equip slots and Skill level 2) + Monotropastrum + someone like Edelweiss, Geranium or Holly...

animefan27
12-22-2016, 12:51 PM
1) Put simply: You're too early in the game to be worrying about synergy. Worry about Total Power, and know that you're going to be reliant on helper squads to clear harder maps (though this event is unusually easy in that regard, but story maps will kill your squads once you get into the upper tier (Missions 11 and Up).

2) Again, you don't have enough leveled units to begin worrying about synergy. It primarily comes into play once you're working with Teams made up almost entirely of 4* and above rarity units

3) Speed matters only on specific maps where you want one team to reach Point X before anyone reaches the flag, or to trigger switch nodes, etc. IIRC 11-3 is a good example of this. In general, you keep them roughly similar unless you have such maps or are trying to do speed-farming (clear maps ASAP without regard to 3*)

4) "Anti-pest squads" are squads with units like Toad Lily (halves damage taken from the tiny pests that fly around maps) and Edelweiss/Dianthus/Leucocoryne (heal on pest node). Missions 11 and up favor having at least one of these (especially 12-5 where you literally wade through about 15 pest nodes to reach the flag)

5) Level up. More specifically, if you want a speed-leveling strategy that's tried and true:

Step 1: Hit up the Friends list topics for some allies with strong helper squads
Step 2: Rush through the campaign maps relying on said helper squads to get you map clears (not complete aka 3*, just clear so you can progress to the next map)
Step 3: Reach 12-3, spam the hell out of it, putting all 5 squads on the top left camp so they skip the left and bottom sides of the map and go up around the top and down the right for quick runs to the flag. Your goal here is to get as many Secret Garden spawns as possible. Make sure you have ~115 stamina before running 12-3 so you're ready for if a SG spawns (costs 80 stamina).
Step 3b: If your stamina is too low, running 1-3 or 2-1 is an acceptable alternative if you need to use up some stamina (because you're going out or something) but your current stamina is too low for regular Step 3. This method only requires about 21-24 stamina but girl leveling is much slower

Notes: If you intend to use this method, level the hell out of a single girl (highest rarity you have) because your helper squad gets scaled down to the level of YOUR strongest girl.

All things noted . Thanks a lot , man :) :)

Drip
12-23-2016, 10:20 AM
I'm still pretty amazed with how much effect a synergetic squad has once you put some units together though.

http://i.imgur.com/OL2VRzy.png
Team 3 and 4 are the bigger damage dealers in the entire unit. Despite team 1 & 2 being max leveled, while Team 3 still has a lvl 57 and team 4 has a lvl 57 and two lvl 60's. Even despite team 2 having an extra rainbow.
But the difference is as much as team 3 & 4 each dealing over 300k damage to a raidboss, while team 1 and 2 deal just over 200k each.
On the other hand, team 1 handles small pests way better, and is obviously the fastest, whille team 2 generates sun crystals at a crazy rate. So they all do perfectly well what they were designed for.

In my personal setting, I moved team 1 down to position 3 though, so team 2 can better gather some early sun crystals to boost Leucocoryne (and Dogwood, obviously).

And yeah, Black Baccara and Sakura remain benched. I still like Camellia much better. :p

Ashen
02-02-2017, 09:26 PM
Now that Geranium's reissue event has started, I've grown curious. How many of you, who already posses a larger collection of 5* knights, still use Geranium?

On the one hand she's a event knight who are often considered as weaker than the premium gacha knights. So she has for example a weaker def buff which furthermore does seem barely helpful at all in a skill activation buff squad.
On the other hand though she does have the skill activation buff which I assume is at least in the top 3 of best abilities(?). This ability is also not affected from the fact that she's a event knight. And her stats are okay-ish I'd say.

nazrin992
02-03-2017, 01:38 AM
Now that Geranium's reissue event has started, I've grown curious. How many of you, who already posses a larger collection of 5* knights, still use Geranium?

On the one hand she's a event knight who are often considered as weaker than the premium gacha knights. So she has for example a weaker def buff which furthermore does seem barely helpful at all in a skill activation buff squad.
On the other hand though she does have the skill activation buff which I assume is at least in the top 3 of best abilities(?). This ability is also not affected from the fact that she's a event knight. And her stats are okay-ish I'd say.

I'm still using her because of her 10 planets :3

maotd
02-03-2017, 01:47 AM
I still use her and I plan to get another maxed one with that reissue just for her activation skill ability ('cause I still not have Justicia or Kale or any other activation waifu). I even plan to get maxed futur event girl and use her for the same reason.

And when I got her first time I found her so meh, worst event girl I ever had. Now she is top 3 event girl with Lavender and Edelweiss.

Drip
02-03-2017, 03:41 AM

I replaced her with Justica just last week, but if I hadn't pulled Justica, I'd still be using her. And if I could set up a fifth squad for my units, she'd be the first one to add to it, before several rainbows I currently have benched.

Trigger rate for the whole team is a very strong passive, especially when you combine several girls with that (or similar team-wide) passives. Moonvine, Tachibana and Geranium (all three are event girls!) make for a pretty decent start of a trigger team. Add Cymbidium or Fritillaria (maybe Gerbera as a placeholder, if you like her) when you get them. Once you get more girls increasing trigger rate for the entire team (like Apple or Justica), then you can start replacing them in the order Moonvine - Tachibana - Geranium.

The only reason I picked Justica over Geranium, is that Justica's special is an AO, while Geraniums' special is a single target attack.
Placing three regular trigger-girls (1.2 increase to trigger rate) and Cymbidium in the same squad, results in girls who have a trigger rate of 30% (just level up their skill a few times with blooms) to practically ALWAYS do their special attack on the first turn. Even event bosses (non-raid) rarely survive that first turn. :D

Corintis
02-03-2017, 05:10 AM

First turn burst op.

Volarmis
02-03-2017, 05:16 AM
I'm still using her as well (as you can see), even though I don't really like her character design.
I'd change her to any other + activation rate knight, but the only ones I have are those with a time-based activation buff (Moonvine, Tachibana, etc).

kringley
02-03-2017, 04:58 PM
I replaced her with Justica just last week, but if I hadn't pulled Justica, I'd still be using her. And if I could set up a fifth squad for my units, she'd be the first one to add to it, before several rainbows I currently have benched.

Trigger rate for the whole team is a very strong passive, especially when you combine several girls with that (or similar team-wide) passives. Moonvine, Tachibana and Geranium (all three are event girls!) make for a pretty decent start of a trigger team. Add Cymbidium or Fritillaria (maybe Gerbera as a placeholder, if you like her) when you get them. Once you get more girls increasing trigger rate for the entire team (like Apple or Justica), then you can start replacing them in the order Moonvine - Tachibana - Geranium.

The only reason I picked Justica over Geranium, is that Justica's special is an AO, while Geraniums' special is a single target attack.
Placing three regular trigger-girls (1.2 increase to trigger rate) and Cymbidium in the same squad, results in girls who have a trigger rate of 30% (just level up their skill a few times with blooms) to practically ALWAYS do their special attack on the first turn. Even event bosses (non-raid) rarely survive that first turn. :D

I think you can make a case that in certain situations, you may do better with a girl with a strong attack all skill rather than piling on another trigger girl particularly if it's Geranium or Cyrtanthus as they have single target 2.2-2.3 damage skills. The differences aren't enormous, and may be unimportant if you wipe out all pests in one round anyways.
I need to start levelling up Cymbidium soon just to see what I can do with her. In my regular squads though she'd need to be on the same team as Alpinia to have much chance of keeping up.

AgentFakku
02-03-2017, 08:07 PM
Wished I didn't waste a Gold Skillblossom on event girls last year since I didn't know they get revivals

I started in July 2016, so I missed Lech-chan or whatever name is. I did manage to get Geranium and Hypericum but not perfect units

I still use her since she's my highest lvl unit

Distortedrealms
02-03-2017, 08:30 PM
At this time, using tactics is useless because I can brute force through everything currently available. I can do 14-5 and not lose a girl, same with all event maps. that being said I am kind of envious because being able to use tactics sounds like it would make the game a bit more fun than just watching super powered knights cut through any enemy like warm butter haha.

Ashen
03-01-2017, 12:30 AM
After ages, I'm finally close to maxing my 3 counter-attack girls, Rose, Mirabilis and Hypericum. (Dunno why it took me so long, somehow i always had other girls to lvl :P)
Now I'm thinking about, which two other knights I want to put into their squad. My current 5* knights with a def buff are the following: Camelia, Oxalis, Waterlily, Mountain Lily, Star Lily, Southern Cross, Fatsia, Lena and Lily Rubellum.
Which 2 of those would you pick? (I tend to the first 4 in the list)

I might also add my bride Oncidium to the team for the attack debuff, but I'm not sure yet if I'll put her in that team, so just ignore that option for now.
Furthermore are there any other good combinations for counter girls ecxept def buff, (attack buff) and attack debuff? (I'm aware that Southern Cross skill debuff can either be good or bad depending if the enemys skill is aoe or single target. But for now i value it as a nagative ability, since i prefer more aoes from bosses)

Drip
03-01-2017, 02:23 AM
Node heal may be useful for a while, since a counter team is designed to take damage.
Some girl with a speed buff or simply a high base speed might be nice as well, since Counter girls (like trigger girls) aren't exactly the fastest ones around.