PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to riot?

Eab1990
09-29-2016, 06:07 PM
http://www.nutaku.net/blog/nutaku-communique-20/

The Japanese Aigis developers have reaffirmed their commitment to keeping one of our longest-running, most popular games filled with fun new content! Hurray!
http://cdn1-images.nutaku.com/images/blog/articles/nutaku-communique-20/729.gifIn previous posts we've written a bit about Nutaku's future hopes for Aigis, but those will have to be put on the backburner for now. The ball is in the original developer's court once again!

This after three months of nothing but this post:
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=851026&postcount=20665

After two month-long breaks, no TP rotation in over a year, no milestone rewards since Black Friday 2015, and everything on http://millenniumwaraigis.wikia.com/wiki/Unimplemented_Content, this is pretty much the breaking point for anyone still stupid enough to hang on (myself included).

Can we get some mass PMs/tickets/complaints/whatever going now?

Unregistered
09-29-2016, 07:10 PM
Yeah this is bogus.

buttlover
09-29-2016, 07:23 PM
This complaint and buck passing has been going on since pretty much the start of nutaku aigis.

A year in, people still think nutaku will suddenly change?

Unregistered
09-29-2016, 07:26 PM
To hell with Nutaku, this is so stupid. If they can't deliver, they're worthless. If they seriously didn't draw up a contract that actually gave them control when they said they'd have it, they're beyond help.

YoxalLoyal
09-29-2016, 08:00 PM
Seriously? Why the f**k are they leaving it up to the devs again?! And I'm pretty sure "...reaffirmed their commitment to keeping one of our longest-running, most popular games filled with fun new content!" means new content plus break in-between with none of the abandoned (might as well call them abandoned) units to be implemented. This is just going back to square one for Nutaku Aigis. Way to suck up to the devs once again Nutaku. And are the devs really that stubborn to hand over English Aigis to Nutaku? Pretty them committing to Aigis is just a big fat lie to keep Aigis to themselves. Heck, with ALL the stuff coming to DMM Aigis, I'm pretty sure Nutaku Aigis will be in THEIR backburner.

Rant over... Getting real tired with coming back to Nutaku Aigis and have nothing but frikken dailies to do.

Jay Rich
09-29-2016, 08:32 PM
Well that is a bit of depressing bit of news. My hopes were high with Nutaku's last bit of news when they were going to take over, guess we this was all too good to be true and we will be going back to the way things use to be.

Better get use to these breaks in between events and so called events (Drop rate increases) and to think I spent a long time bulk lvling all my units to prep for a constant stream of events to come our way so I could lvl my units as I got them and not have a huge backlog of them.

Who knows maybe the Aigis Devs will step their game up but until I see it happen I wont get my hopes up and I will just expect maybe one to two events a month with long breaks.

ZeroZet
09-30-2016, 04:43 AM
Damn, that's some way to kill the enthusiasm. They just had to rub the salt on our injuries with that post and gif, huh? :mad:

Thing is, Aigis is still the best game in Nutaku's library. I will continue playing, I genuinely love the game, but they won't see a cent of mine anymore till they start implementing missing units and events (read: never).

And no, JP dev will NEVER see me supporting their vile ways by contributing to DMM-side's head count. :p

buttlover
09-30-2016, 04:57 AM
Way to suck up to the devs once again Nutaku. And are the devs really that stubborn to hand over English Aigis to Nutaku?

I doubt it is as simple as a handing stuff over. Nutaku itself does not write game development codes, they are a "steam-like" hosting site without the power for game development. At most they provide translation help to aigis (which if they do, its a native japanese translation level of terrible)

All they are probably negotiating is more control over the aigis team and a say to what that team is developing. Which the team has justification to refuse, I mean who wants outsiders who are not even working with them bossing them around. Unless of course they pay more or god knows what happens in the negotiations.

slyyr
09-30-2016, 05:16 AM
If they keep a steady flow of events it should be ok. IF!

But if we are back to month long breaks and the like...

Minimum we need Revivals. Do the rotations like they have alongside Cloris on DMM if they need time to implement things. At least it gives us something to do apart from dailies/phalanx 2 and a silver/other farming resource.

buttlover
09-30-2016, 05:48 AM
If they keep a steady flow of events it should be ok. IF!

But if we are back to month long breaks and the like...

Minimum we need Revivals. Do the rotations like they have alongside Cloris on DMM if they need time to implement things. At least it gives us something to do apart from dailies/phalanx 2 and a silver/other farming resource.

Agreed, aigis can be so much more amazing. The UI alone improves every few months in DMM aigis and now they are even preparing for 2nd AW.
There are like multiple events specially catered for all users.
Subjugation for whales, Daily reprint for newbies, Revival/Event + Daily events + Story events being their standard.
Multiple free gifts for hitting population milestones/celebrating events.
2 different gacha rolls to make sure you always have no SC even if you whale.

We need to make nutaku aigis GREAT AGAIN.

YoxalLoyal
09-30-2016, 06:04 AM
I doubt it is as simple as a handing stuff over. Nutaku itself does not write game development codes, they are a "steam-like" hosting site without the power for game development. At most they provide translation help to aigis (which if they do, its a native japanese translation level of terrible)

All they are probably negotiating is more control over the aigis team and a say to what that team is developing. Which the team has justification to refuse, I mean who wants outsiders who are not even working with them bossing them around. Unless of course they pay more or god knows what happens in the negotiations.

True. And yes, they definitely need help in the translation department. Felt like an idiot just reading their jumbled Engrish translations. And at LEAST change the trading post...plz. Moreover, the devs really should stop skipping over characters that are meant to be in the game. Like why were Saria, Estelle, and Yurina removed from Nutaku's version in the first place? I can only hope the devs turn over a new leaf, release all the missing characters, change TP, and more frequent events.

Ramazan
09-30-2016, 08:39 AM
I hope these japanese devs somehow promise us something and do whatever nutaku once promised us to do. (am i hoping too much? ;__; )

Seriously im not feeling like playing it while i hear news from dmm, be it 2nd aw or tons of stuff. Im not even sure if this version gets closed by having no players after somehow we get to dmm's current position after a few years...

Eab1990
09-30-2016, 11:52 AM
Stream is up, send complaints to contact@nutaku.net.

Ramazan
09-30-2016, 01:30 PM
Stream is up, send complaints to contact@nutaku.net.

I never hesitated to send tickets to support for this matter before.
Mail sent.

SabishiiRyuu
09-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Well, they won't be getting any money from me now; And I've invested a lot so it should somewhat matter.

Ramazan
09-30-2016, 02:54 PM
They earned so much money after they implemented legendary stamp card, jap devs realised that there is still potence here and didnt give up... Money talks better than support tickets or mails.

Talith
09-30-2016, 03:01 PM
There is also the very real possibility that they would rather keep a lesser service running so that players get frustrated and go straight to the source, giving them their full cut instead of whatever share Nutaku gets.

buttlover
09-30-2016, 03:38 PM
I was surprised when they implements the legendary series stamp card so quickly. I mean that is 2016 recent content, while the rest of the game is stuck in 2014. =D

That said, HOW DO PEOPLE SPEND THOUSANDS ON NUTAKU AIGIS, THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING TO SPEND SC ON. ahHA.

slyyr
09-30-2016, 04:07 PM
I was surprised when they implements the legendary series stamp card so quickly. I mean that is 2016 recent content, while the rest of the game is stuck in 2014. =D

That said, HOW DO PEOPLE SPEND THOUSANDS ON NUTAKU AIGIS, THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING TO SPEND SC ON. ahHA.

Harem collectors? Refills to power through events/instantly level new stuff? (heh like there is new stuff)

...or is my internet sarcasm detector malfunctioning?

Nero010
09-30-2016, 04:54 PM
If thats the case then propably all new content we were getting was coming from DMM side devs too. And to be honest, they havent been that bad didnt they? We are on same patch with DMM and a lot of stuff got added as well as Events quicker then we expected.
No i dont build up any hopes. I expect nothing. But... just saying.

EDIT: I was planning on spending 50 bucks very soon, i wont now. Not until i know which direction this game goes. Simple. I expect something for my money.

dtomoyo
09-30-2016, 06:58 PM
shameful to admit,
but I reached S. Legend this month..

getting 1 black unit is equal to 80 USD
100 USD (170 SS) avg 1~2 black... so .. by trying to get black unit I really want Aisha / Grace .. doesn't appear for me though

Ramazan
10-01-2016, 12:58 AM

Well their intentions are very clear, getting your money ASAP... Why would they care about the game while there is still decent flow of the money thx to our whales? We seems still missing few gold rushes but we have everything that needs real money especially all shrine blacks and plats.

Timmy
10-01-2016, 01:50 AM
All this sounds so depressing. Although I am a freemium player - a more or less useless species.

As an opinion to help the situation tho, if Nutaku implements revivals, as well as keep the TP rotation for at least event units running, I think most of this backlash can be solved. The real problem is not in not having event every week imo, I am quite comfortable with the flow of events as they currently go. The real problem in doing the same thing over and over. Basically usual free week for me would be doing story/challenge missions on tuesday, friday, saturday and sunday, dailies on monday, wednesday and thursday... And that's all. There's really no variety of things that I can do. And while it's so so fine with players like me who have plenty of ways to go yet (CCs, AWs, leveling) it's really nothing for those who are past or close to past this stage. With revivals these players will get something to go for again, so Nutaku will win some time again. One "but" however is that this breathing space will not be huge, as many players are already prepared to chew on those events the instant they come out, so Nutaku really need to think several steps further then that.

ZeroZet
10-01-2016, 02:02 AM
Real problem is that Nutaku can't. do. a. damn.
And JP developers, who are managing our version, just simply don't. give. a. single. fsck. about us filthy gaijin subhumans.

Timmy
10-01-2016, 02:34 AM
Fair enough... I guess it's time to learn Japanese <_<

Koshka
10-01-2016, 02:41 AM
I still don't get one thing - we lost the whole summer due to that "takeover", and now they are saying that "japanese team decided to take our version back in their hands". That means that those lazy asses from Nutaku done NOTHING AT ALL during last summer? Because, like they said, by now that takeover should've been completed already, and it'll be completely meaningless to give up their rights if takeover is completed. Which means that THEY'VE DONE NOTHING AT ALL, am I right?

WAIT. I have just re read their post and noticed
In previous posts we've written a bit about Nutaku's future hopes for Aigis, and we will continue to work with the original developers to deliver on those concepts part.... Maybe that first part was an irony? Like, "Look at those shitheads, now they want to take our Aigis back, lol"?

ZeroZet
10-01-2016, 03:00 AM
It is not the first time JP devs gone back on the agreement a the last moment. If you followed FKG you might remember the whole Bride voting event disaster, where that gentle and caring JP devs agreed to make bride versions for he winners of our side contest only to "Nope" in the middle of it. Or so Nutaku says

Meh, there's always a hope devs would listen to Nuts and give us revivals at least. As they say, hope dies last, even after the man himself ;)

buttlover
10-01-2016, 03:14 AM
Real problem is that Nutaku can't. do. a. damn.
And JP developers, who are managing our version, just simply don't. give. a. single. fsck. about us filthy gaijin subhumans.

Problem is, our only form of communication with the japanese devs are through nutaku.
I truly doubt the Japanese would be lurking in our forums and we have no real chance to talk to them either. So everything that nutaku says is taken as gospel. Albeit they don't abide to it themselves.
There will a new event in 3 months. 3 months later, JUST JOKING, ITS THE JAP DEVS FAULT *insert insulting gif*

Pretty much the reason I prefer the DMM version, the japanese devs there tend to keep their promises that they post on twitter etc.

Overload
10-01-2016, 03:46 AM
Pretty much the reason I prefer the DMM version, the japanese devs there tend to keep their promises that they post on twitter etc.

But why reward the japanese devs, who are at major fault that nutaku aigis is at quite a bit of stalemate?
This fact and the fact I can't japanese is the reason that I'll most likely never touch dmm aigis even though I thought about it multiple times.

buttlover
10-01-2016, 04:27 AM
But why reward the japanese devs, who are at major fault that nutaku aigis is at quite a bit of stalemate?
This fact and the fact I can't japanese is the reason that I'll most likely never touch dmm aigis even though I thought about it multiple times.

Fuck that shit political game that nutaku and the jap devs are playing. I support good content creation.
Naturally being an english speaker, I am biased toward nutaku.
But when they fail to deliver, most of the time, they blame it on the japanese devs and then claim innocence.
For years EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Only a fool will continue to trust them.

WHO DECIDED TO ANNOUNCE NEWS BEFORE BEING ABLE TO CONFIRMING THE PRODUCT? EVER HEARD OF CONTRACTS?
Clearly if they had written contracts and DMM isn't able to uphold, they are liable. DOESN'T SEEM THAT WAY TO ME.
As nutaku themselves say, they are a small team (mostly marketing people imo) and DMM games require a consistent dedicated team of programmers.

Aigis is a good game and well developed product. I support that.
The translations and porting over of the english version is slow and terribly done. I supported the idea but not the process. I no longer support that.

Who deserves to be rewarded is clear in my mind.
If a company keeps blaming external factors for years and still has that same problem today, is a lousy company.

Talith
10-01-2016, 09:07 AM
Justify it however you want, but you got a second rate service from both your "good content creators" as well as Nutaku and now you want to reward the first party for pissing on you and calling it rain.

buttlover
10-01-2016, 12:15 PM
Justify it however you want, but you got a second rate service from both your "good content creators" as well as Nutaku and now you want to reward the first party for pissing on you and calling it rain.

You are mistaken. When I take out my wallet and pay for content, I expect good content.

When I pay DMM, I expect that from DMM.
When I pay Nutaku, I expect that from Nutaku.

If nutaku makes promises but doesn't keep them, I don't blame DMM for promises nutaku has made. I dont need excuses, I just pay another content provider.

I would love to mindlessly pick up a pitchfork to crucify whoever nutaku tells me to point at, and i did that for half a year. But nutaku's blanket statements never changes and i grow weary of waiting. I can only assume 1. they cant incentivize the devs effectively (cost vs returns not enough) 2. they are too busy with their other projects (either one or both of them) 3. communication breakdown - all speculation but I would love an official statement to correct me.

Either way, I did not let biased views, stop me from at least trying out a FREE superior version of a game I enjoy.
At least, as a direct user of DMM, they keep their promises. Constant entertainment. Frequent events and they even celebrate holidays.

DMM is a big company. Their website alone generates 500+ million USD a year. The people implementing aigis content and those in contact with nutaku might very well be different parts of the company.

Personally, I would try out both sides before jumping to conclusions.

Ramazan
10-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Here they say that thing.

http://i.hizliresim.com/PQNW46.jpg

And they suddenly changed their mind?

http://i.hizliresim.com/gXp0zZ.jpg

And are we going to believe their sh*t anymore? Especially after their recent failures...

ZeroZet
10-01-2016, 01:03 PM
It's the same sh!t, only under different sauce. Both mean no takeover, both mean JP devs continue their tyrannical reign, both mean Nutaku can't do a thing. Second one just sounds nicer :rolleyes:

Unregistered
10-01-2016, 03:41 PM
Sorry buttlover. You can fanboy all you like but Talith has the right of it. Those JP devs are giving the shaft to our version one way or another or we would have content here, and by paying for DMM content you support those actions.

Most of us are English speakers who either aren't willing to put up with playing in JP or are too invested (money and/or time) in the Nutaku version before realizing the reality of how things work here. For those people, both companies get nothing if the Nutaku version fails. Not everyone is willing to just migrate over barring some sort of one time account transfer (read: not happening). No numbers to back this obviously, but I would actually say that is most of the userbase, as those who like playing on DMM are already likely there. We will likely never know the truth of what exactly is getting in the way of content being delivered here as we only have Nutaku's side of the story, and it isn't a telling tale.

On the other hand, one thing I haven't seen mentioned at all is that if negotiations fell through on content coordination, then everything we've had in the last month or so that many were attributing to Nutaku takeover was actually JP devs. Fewer breaks and added systems like RC, Balance patch etc. gives me hope that we will at least see more steady content (no month long breaks). I'm still with most players in that I'm not dropping another dime until we get a TP rotation and the revivals that we should have by now though.

Sasha
10-01-2016, 04:09 PM
When I pay DMM, I expect that from DMM.
When I pay Nutaku, I expect that from Nutaku.

I see that as the problem, expecting anything from either Nutaku or DMM is wrong, specially DMM as they do fuck all in regards to Aigis.
When I pay DMM, I expect good content from Aigis devs.
When I pay Nutaku, I expect good content from Aigis devs.
This is what you should expect, same as for other types of games like when Fromsoftware makes Dark Souls series, do you blame Bandai Namco for messing large parts of it up?

Aigis devs are the same people doing the content for both sides, DMM doesn't make them do anything, money does. DMM has far more things going for it than Nutaku that losing Aigis wouldn't mean much. Nutaku want Aigis to stay and the devs know they have them over a barrel and don't need to do much, its survived this long with people still paying tons.

Swapping to the DMM version is just cuddling up to the guys that just pissed on you and saying they won't do that to me here with DMM watching. When Aigis starts to die on DMM, DMM will do nothing to help out, games come and go there, it just means another game will fill the gap. And Aigis is starting to age though thats no indicater of how long it'll last.

I am in no way saying don't swap to the DMM side to play the game, just be aware of how easily you can be fucked over again by the devs, they follow the money which is currently Aigis on DMM, if they make a better money making game Aigis could easily be sidelined on DMM.

slyyr
10-01-2016, 05:05 PM

I can't read Japanese either but playing DMM is fine. You get most of it from playing Nutaku first. The rest can be gleaned via research on the DMM Aigis wiki and using Google Translate. Its not perfect but not hard to work out. It does make playing on DMM more a pain in the butt however the pace the game moves and variety makes it almost completely different to Nutaku.

One thing I have found is finding help videos is trickier so I generally don't bother with them. But you have more regular free SCs so the margin for error can be greater. Also your team builds a lot faster with better quality units. As a free player on Nutaku that margin isn't there due to lack of regular SCs and unit quality is a lot lower.

I am in no way saying don't swap to the DMM side to play the game, just be aware of how easily you can be fucked over again by the devs, they follow the money which is currently Aigis on DMM, if they make a better money making game Aigis could easily be sidelined on DMM.

The game can't last forever. By its design we are already seeing that new units are merely variations on things other units can already do but in a different way or power creep goes up a notch. While power creep isn't so bad because there is no PvP it can kill a game over time.

In a way 2nd Awakening is part of that but its also a way to prolong longevity and hopefully open up a new end game for the players who can do it. If this means new hard content across the board that is good but it could also mean the game will end (when the money dries up) with newer players not even coming close to trying it.

buttlover
10-01-2016, 06:47 PM
It's the same sh!t, only under different sauce. Both mean no takeover, both mean JP devs continue their tyrannical reign, both mean Nutaku can't do a thing. Second one just sounds nicer :rolleyes:

Are you by any chance ninja nutaku staff that were at the negotiating table during the takeover? :p
How is it that you have such a firm idea of what actually happened?

All nutaku ever says is a huge post of empty promises that they are demanding from the japan devs (http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=851026#post851026), quickly followed by a two liner statement explaining why it is the japanese dev's fault.
Perhaps you are actually a professional deciphers that can interpret the fallout through the 2 liners provided.

Have you ever considered other situations?
- Nutaku tried to take over the english aigis workload for the past couple of months and FAILED after realizing it was too diffcult for their team, so they handled the ball back to the devs?
- A clash of schedules as nutaku is expanding into non-dmm games so they aren't dependent on dmm while aigis devs don't feel the nutaku are committed to their product
- A breech of contract during the takeover

Aren't these scenarios just as likely as the "aigis dev refusing to cooperate because they just want to milk us" retarded idea.

IF NUTAKU COULD STOP TALKING IN 2 LINERS, AND START EXPLAINING THE SITUATION, THAT WILL BE GREAT.

Swapping to the DMM version is just cuddling up to the guys that just pissed on you and saying they won't do that to me here with DMM watching. When Aigis starts to die on DMM, DMM will do nothing to help out, games come and go there, it just means another game will fill the gap. And Aigis is starting to age though thats no indicater of how long it'll last.

If swapping to DMM is cuddling up to them. Then isn't only playing nutaku, reveal how cucked you are?
You get cheated of your money, constantly lied to and only to be disappointed as they laugh at you with fresh smug gif memes.

Yet like a bruised housewife in abusive relationship, you still defend them.
Sounds like some hardcore fanboy right there.

Nutaku has the same business practices of DMM, except they cant write their own games. (http://www.nutaku.net/games/luv-bingo/discontinue/) So either way you are getting fucked.
But if a game get boring of course, it deserves to be sidelined.
We pay for content to get entertained, only idiots give money to people based on false promises. *hint*

Don't worry about the existence of an english version of aigis, it opens a huge new market to the devs and will always be a key factor to getting players. The question is why isn't aigis open to making more money? If only nutaku trolls us less, we might find out. ;)

Unregistered
10-02-2016, 02:43 AM
Sorry to butt in on this conversation, but I find it more likely that Nutaku had little to no negotiations with the DMM side prior to announcing their "takeover". So the deal didn't fall through due to unseen circumstances, they just announced that they would do it with nothing concrete on the table. I find this likely because the exact same thing has happened before, or so I'm told: Nutaku assured the community for months that they were working on localizing TABA, only to later reveal that they didn't even have the contract for it.

Of course, they could have avoided this situation if they did the sane thing and announced their takeover after they had made it official with the Japanese side. But this is not their aim; their aim is to prolong the life of this game by giving people hope. To their credit, they were very successful at this.

Still, it's kind of bizarre that people are taking Nutaku's half-baked "uhh guys DMM did it here's your excuse now keep paying us like the idiots you are" claims for granted. I mean, this is the company that failed to deliver on nearly every promise it made, and outright lied to its community on multiple occasions, but surely they're perfectly honest when they say that the DMM side is responsible for everything, right?

Right?

- - - Updated - - -

i feel that recent changes to nutaku Aigis is meant to make maintaining it easier in codebase term

updating all unit stats to dmm current means maintaining only 1 set of codebase even if it means broken balance for events

the ui has been updated to have revival

there is rainbow gem turn in

maybe japanese devs are trying to make it easier to support english aigis

but... the event rate still sucks and someone mentioned that it benefit dmm for players to go directly to dmm, so...

Sasha
10-02-2016, 03:17 AM
If swapping to DMM is cuddling up to them. Then isn't only playing nutaku, reveal how cucked you are?
You get cheated of your money, constantly lied to and only to be disappointed as they laugh at you with fresh smug gif memes.

Yet like a bruised housewife in abusive relationship, you still defend them.
Sounds like some hardcore fanboy right there.

Yes thats exactly what I said, but how in the hell am I defending Nutaku?
Just because I tell you to watch out for for the devs doesn't mean I am defending Nutaku, on the other hand you are acting like DMM and the devs can do you no wrong.

You sound like the fanboy straight after swapping to another version of Aigis.

Ramazan
10-02-2016, 05:26 AM

This what i've felt too.
I've been in dmm aigis discussions or in chat rooms for some time, never heard one guy complaining about something, they always discuss about in-game stuff, debate over them, not any chat about dev or promises or something like that. Ofc he is right to not to give a damn, i would do the same because you're comfortable with where you at after all. I can easily say, especially after damn S-Legend stamp card shit and many players started playing dmm after seeing failures of nutaku (we cant be certain if its nutakus failure or not, but people see it that way already) i guess dmm found the potential money on our community and wants to control it instead giving it away to some publisher despite how they will bother themselves providing us same old style content...

buttlover
10-02-2016, 05:45 AM
Yes thats exactly what I said, but how in the hell am I defending Nutaku?
Just because I tell you to watch out for for the devs doesn't mean I am defending Nutaku, on the other hand you are acting like DMM and the devs can do you no wrong.

I just gave the direct opposite opinion to your point and you agreed with it as if It was your point all along. haHA.
The moment when you are so cucked, you don't even realize what other people are saying.

What i am advocating is the FREEDOM to pick what game you want to play, and EXPERIENCING both platforms FOR FREE before giving judgement.
What you are supporting is a trumpian view, BUILD A WALL. DONT LET ANYONE CROSS THE OTHER SIDE AND SPEND MONEY. THOSE AIGIS DEVS ARE MURDERERS AND RAPISTS THAT WILL JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DUMP YOUR CORPSE.

Sure you talk as if you don't support nutaku yet you are doing EXACTLY what they say, "hey I cant do xxx, because jap devs. *hint*Go pitchfork them* "
Classic definition of clucked.

Really, this thread is just exposing all the bitter whales that spent too much time/money and aren't willing to try something new that is FREE AND DON'T HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR IT.
I don't even like the aigis devs (they dont speak my language and the english ver sucks) but when the game is good, I call it as it is. I am not going to deny myself a BETTER EXPERIENCE because you are all bitter.
"Going to DMM is going to kill nutaku". Such BULLSHIT, why cant you play BOTH? Why can't you play FREE games without paying?

AND even if i spend money, WHY is it I have support the company that has only disappointed? Do you THINK I wanna put in so much effort to play a game in a language i dont speak? DUDE, EVERYONE THAT PLAYS DMM was JUST LIKE YOU. I just highly doubt that the english version will be as enjoyable in the near future.

I play both FKG on nutaku and DMM with equal enjoyment. And i hope Aigis can do something similar but clearly there are some complicated issues going behind which according to nutaku isn't going to be fixed anytime soon. At least my "freedom of choice" allows me to play what I enjoy while the rest of you bitter whales sulk. haHA.

SabishiiRyuu
10-02-2016, 06:59 AM
Buttlover, you are becoming quite toxic. Why not tone it down a bit? It's good to disagree but toxicity shows immaturity.
I've accounts on both versions and I'm a fluent Japanese speaker as I used to be a fansub translator over a decade ago, yet I enjoy the Nutaku version more as it's not as overwhelming for new players as DMM aigis is.
From where I stand, both parties are at fault here. DMM for their greed which Japanese devs are quite infamous for and Nutaku for their ineptitude. There's no reason to begin flaming each other.

buttlover
10-02-2016, 07:50 AM
Buttlover, you are becoming quite toxic. Why not tone it down a bit? It's good to disagree but toxicity shows immaturity.
I've accounts on both versions and I'm a fluent Japanese speaker as I used to be a fansub translator over a decade ago, yet I enjoy the Nutaku version more as it's not as overwhelming for new players as DMM aigis is.
From where I stand, both parties are at fault here. DMM for their greed which Japanese devs are quite infamous for and Nutaku for their ineptitude. There's no reason to begin flaming each other.

Valid points mate, you are right there. On general, most aigis related conversations are logical and informative, like how ramazan pointed out. We want information to improve our gameplay.

Sadly logic doesn't apply to everyone, much less this particular thread. I am merely adapting my replies to suit their emotional packed responses. Sometimes to get a point across, you have to be machiavellian. Having to reply against the tidal wave of ridiculous assumptions haven't made it easier.

But it is entertaining to read the constant irrational hatred over good content when that is what they actually seek, just delivered in different medium.
I have to agree on the advantages of having the nutaku version, I probably wouldn't have played if I was suddenly given the DMM version at the start.
Too much things at once, to the point of feeling crushed.

Although most long time users are seeking for that kind of content now.

Overload
10-02-2016, 08:08 AM
I agree that nutaku is not without fault in this matter, but it doesn't change the fact that the devs are with them at major fault.
And buttlover your posts sound like we all still spend money after that anouncement by nutaku. Many players, me included, are stopping to buy anything for Aigis until we see a major advancement in Aigis(like TP rotation)/ongoing regular events.
And yes I could start dmm aigis only with my knowledge from nutaku and by google translating everything, but it is too much time consuming and somewhat stressfull. I play those games for enjoyment in between my free time and would rather like to know what happens in a fast way, because I'm somewhat a rpg guy but also busy.

Unregistered
10-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Buttlover, I agree with previous statements that your comments have been toxic, but I don't recall anyone saying that you weren't entitled to your opinion. If you enjoy playing on the DMM site, by all means go ahead. I have spent money on the Nutaku version largely because I have no interest in playing a game when I can't understand the language. For some people a game is more than just the mechanics and if you don't have the time/desire/ability to research the text to understand new units and abilities then the gameplay isn't enough of a draw to another platform. Enjoy the game on DMM, I for one though won't play on that site and instead will spend the money I would have spent on Nutaku on other games.

Oh, and just for reference being a troll (let's be honest, that is all you are doing here) does not mean you are being Machiavellian.

Sasha
10-02-2016, 04:13 PM
I just gave the direct opposite opinion to your point and you agreed with it as if It was your point all along. haHA.
The moment when you are so cucked, you don't even realize what other people are saying.

What i am advocating is the FREEDOM to pick what game you want to play, and EXPERIENCING both platforms FOR FREE before giving judgement.
What you are supporting is a trumpian view, BUILD A WALL. DONT LET ANYONE CROSS THE OTHER SIDE AND SPEND MONEY. THOSE AIGIS DEVS ARE MURDERERS AND RAPISTS THAT WILL JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DUMP YOUR CORPSE.

Sure you talk as if you don't support nutaku yet you are doing EXACTLY what they say, "hey I cant do xxx, because jap devs. *hint*Go pitchfork them* "
Classic definition of clucked.

Really, this thread is just exposing all the bitter whales that spent too much time/money and aren't willing to try something new that is FREE AND DON'T HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR IT.
I don't even like the aigis devs (they dont speak my language and the english ver sucks) but when the game is good, I call it as it is. I am not going to deny myself a BETTER EXPERIENCE because you are all bitter.
"Going to DMM is going to kill nutaku". Such BULLSHIT, why cant you play BOTH? Why can't you play FREE games without paying?

AND even if i spend money, WHY is it I have support the company that has only disappointed? Do you THINK I wanna put in so much effort to play a game in a language i dont speak? DUDE, EVERYONE THAT PLAYS DMM was JUST LIKE YOU. I just highly doubt that the english version will be as enjoyable in the near future.

I play both FKG on nutaku and DMM with equal enjoyment. And i hope Aigis can do something similar but clearly there are some complicated issues going behind which according to nutaku isn't going to be fixed anytime soon. At least my "freedom of choice" allows me to play what I enjoy while the rest of you bitter whales sulk. haHA.

You really have no reading comprehension, I recommended playing on DMM in my first post in here but watch out since people've already been burnt once by these people and you believe I was arguing the opposite or that I changed what I was saying in the 2nd post.
I have not mentioned what I think of Nutaku which is in no way nice but wrongly you believe I'm defending them.
Do not forget the devs past, or it'll come back and bite you in the arse.

Playing on DMM won't kill Nutaku as they would have died long ago if no content meant a lack of spending but playing on Nutaku is probably going to end up badly for whoever does it, not the companys themselves.

Unregistered
10-02-2016, 05:16 PM
You really have no reading comprehension, I recommended playing on DMM in my first post in here but watch out since people've already been burnt once by these people and you believe I was arguing the opposite or that I changed what I was saying in the 2nd post.
I have not mentioned what I think of Nutaku which is in no way nice but wrongly you believe I'm defending them.
Do not forget the devs past, or it'll come back and bite you in the arse.

Playing on DMM won't kill Nutaku as they would have died long ago if no content meant a lack of spending but playing on Nutaku is probably going to end up badly for whoever does it, not the companys themselves.

While i don't agree with buttlover's harsh perspective. He does make valid points, no harm trying something new that is free.

Sorry Sasha, your first post does seems to read as you warning people not to try out the dmm version because that is cuddling up to them.

Sasha
10-03-2016, 01:36 AM
While i don't agree with buttlover's harsh perspective. He does make valid points, no harm trying something new that is free.

Sorry Sasha, your first post does seems to read as you warning people not to try out the dmm version because that is cuddling up to them.

I realized that the post was too much warning as I typed it, so I put "I am in no way saying don't swap" to counter it all which also means "Do swap but take into account what was said". Not everything needs to be 100% pro DMM, no company can get everything right.

scrubp
10-03-2016, 01:43 AM
All I can hope for at this point is for the Nutaku version to not take a whole year to catch up to DMM. DMM version at the moment looks beautiful but my DMM account is so much further behind my Nutaku account that it really offsets my morale when playing it. Granted, DMM shits out SC and I already have more Plat/Black premium AND event units than my Nutaku account, but I never seem to have time to level/awaken them...

It would be great if I could encounter these same "problems" on the Nutaku side. I was hoping for a huge stream of events after Nutaku devs took over but I guess that dream can rest in peace now.

boogie21man
10-03-2016, 02:03 AM
Started to play last May this year. Made made four accounts and dumped the first one. All three has a black unit. Then I went up and made two accounts at DMM. Got one black in the r18 but I only use the kids version now. Man, you get great stuff without doing anything at DMM. You get bombarded with new and old events. They take good care of you up there.
Here at Nutaku I suffer. I grind my ass off till my butt bones come out. And what do I get? A new unit I don't even use. Last summer was drought, famine and suicidal boredom. There was nothing. I will keep my DMM account because its the future. Its a gudam crystal ball and I just want to keep up on whats coming up soon. I loose nothing playing DMM.
I even blind run all the old and new events there and loose nothing. Made terible mistakes on replenishing charisma or stam with SCs with still half spent on both a lot of times because I can't read. Take a mishap there is all good. Mistake here here at Nutaku is painfull insomia. So Im still be here at Nutaku because suffering is sweet. And sweet is where my heart is.

Riot is good. If there will be peace in the kingdom, we are all done for.

Might not happen but there should only be ONE.

Timmy
10-03-2016, 02:09 AM
What exactly are we planning to do with this Riot anyway? I mean, stoping buying stuff will likely either have no effect, because not everyone is reading forums, or have opposite effect, because DMM or Nutaku would cancel non profitable project.

Koshka
10-03-2016, 02:42 AM
I guess you guys can stop planning your riot, because we are getting our first Revival)

Eab1990
10-03-2016, 02:54 AM
Getting our first revival a year and a half late, when we were better off skipping them entirely for more gold rushes (with plat event drops) instead isn't news worth celebrating over.

Plus, we don't even have any other concurrent event to run it with, so we'll fall behind even more in the schedule.

Shit update, shit dev team.

Ramazan
10-03-2016, 03:05 AM
We already gave up at expecting better from them and why would they skip entire old events and do only gold rushes anyway? Most of us dont have her. Good news isnt Belinda herself you know.

Eab1990
10-03-2016, 03:08 AM
Good news also isn't falling behind even more in the schedule. Revivals are supposed to be done side-by-side with new events.

When we're this far behind, doing gold rushes would've been more efficient than the outdated revival system.

Jay Rich
10-03-2016, 03:10 AM
This just seems the pace of Nutakus Aigis, it would be nice if we run at the pace of DMM's aigis but the way things stand that may never happen and Nutakus Aigis still gets a lot of players event if they do get dissapointed by the current conditions. Things may improve and we seem to be making progress to catching DMM's aigis half a step at a time.

We may never catch DMM's Aigis or we may only time will tell, each person will take this situation differently some will as the topic states try to riot and others will just put up with it and continue to play the game.

To each their own.

Timmy
10-03-2016, 03:58 AM
This just seems the pace of Nutakus Aigis, it would be nice if we run at the pace of DMM's aigis but the way things stand that may never happen and Nutakus Aigis still gets a lot of players event if they do get dissapointed by the current conditions. Things may improve and we seem to be making progress to catching DMM's aigis half a step at a time.

We may never catch DMM's Aigis or we may only time will tell, each person will take this situation differently some will as the topic states try to riot and others will just put up with it and continue to play the game.

To each their own.

Gotta agree here. Although playing game hopelessly does have its bitter taste.

ZeroZet
10-03-2016, 04:22 AM
I don't understand some people's obsessive desire to "catch up" with DMM. It would never happen even if we were running non-stop events on schedule, as it would only let us maintain the distance. So what, you actually WANT them to skip events? And what for? No, really, what good running the same events as DMM do at the same time would ever bring, that would be worth sacrificing bazillion of "old" event units in process?

Nay, slow and steady beats the rush if it allows us to get everything in process.
Besides, it is better to let JP users debug all new features for us beforehand, as JP devs sure as hell won't be fixing our version before theirs should we receive updates in parallel, leading to common bugs breaking our side for far longer. I mean, just look at the Odette's Great Disaster!

Unregistered
10-03-2016, 04:30 AM
We have a 1.5x boost, which never runs concurrent with an event. Also, Total Dominations were implemented here on a no event week as well so why would you expect different for revivals? They may be long overdue, but the fact that we finally are getting them IS good news. Bellinda is a good unit that enables Wall of Magic and old enough that for many, this may as well be a full event. And for the true vets, no true event does suck but revivals were pined for content that aren't really aimed toward you anyway. I would look at this as a step in the right direction though, the timing is not at all coincidental imo.

Why do you assume "catching up" to the DMM version has ever even been the design goal either? (if this is stated somewhere and I missed it please enlighten me) How much older is DMM exactly? And you want to just catch us up gold rush style? Mate, you're being entirely ridiculous. Take your toxicity elsewhere please. If you'd like to have a more constructive discussion than "shit update, shit dev team" we will be here but you sound too jaded to be bothered so please just don't bother posting.

lolix
10-03-2016, 05:11 AM
I don't understand some people's obsessive desire to "catch up" with DMM. It would never happen even if we were running non-stop events on schedule, as it would only let us maintain the distance. So what, you actually WANT them to skip events? And what for? No, really, what good running the same events as DMM do at the same time would ever bring, that would be worth sacrificing bazillion of "old" event units in process?

Nay, slow and steady beats the rush if it allows us to get everything in process.
Besides, it is better to let JP users debug all new features for us beforehand, as JP devs sure as hell won't be fixing our version before theirs should we receive updates in parallel, leading to common bugs breaking our side for far longer. I mean, just look at the Odette's Great Disaster!

i kinda agree with this. Also my new aaccount lacks belinda , which is a witch i really like. Also , mother - daugheter sexy scenes ftw

ToTeras
10-03-2016, 05:36 AM
Happy to finally get Belinda, but... why run a revival and a x1.5 daily at the same time when we had nothing last week? How hard would have been to run the x1.5 then?

Nero010
10-03-2016, 05:55 AM
Happy to finally get Belinda, but... why run a revival and a x1.5 daily at the same time when we had nothing last week? How hard would have been to run the x1.5 then?

Srsly? Still complaining?

I called it on my last post here on page 2 that got pretty much ignored by everyone. In regards of nutaku not taking over but DMM keeping control.

If thats the case then propably all new content we were getting was coming from DMM side devs too. And to be honest, they havent been that bad didnt they? We are on same patch with DMM and a lot of stuff got added as well as Events quicker then we expected.

Eab1990
10-03-2016, 06:17 AM
My complaints go beyond events, obviously, but if you think this is "enough" to placate you after TWO two-month-long breaks and constant 1-2 week breaks in between, then it's no wonder we keep getting the fucking shaft.

And you guys are taking "catching up" too literally. No, I'm not stupid enough to think that we'll ever catch up to DMM event-wise. But when we've clearly skipped ahead to 2016 content elsewhere (balance patch, rainbow crystals), then yes, it's not too much to ask to cut some corners for the sake of efficiency. For fuck's sake, they skipped Yurina's event and went straight to Elva, so it's clear Dev Tea gives no shit about story progression.

Unregistered
10-03-2016, 06:36 AM
I'd imagine the skipping has to do with what's easily implementable, i.e. it's this or nothing for right now. I haven't looked into what maps are used in what events, but I don't recall anything new to our version for a while so it could be tied to that. And no, this isn't "enough". I don't think anybody that was actually off of spending money on Aigis is back on just because of revivals. For me it will take a couple months of regular content (we don't need a break week between every event or a Daily boost every month) as well as a TP rotation if they want my money again. This is just the first step in the right direction and I'm hoping it keeps up.

buttlover
10-03-2016, 06:38 AM
My complaints go beyond events, obviously, but if you think this is "enough" to placate you after TWO two-month-long breaks and constant 1-2 week breaks in between, then it's no wonder we keep getting the fucking shaft.

And you guys are taking "catching up" too literally. No, I'm not stupid enough to think that we'll ever catch up to DMM event-wise. But when we've clearly skipped ahead to 2016 content elsewhere (balance patch, rainbow crystals), then yes, it's not too much to ask to cut some corners for the sake of efficiency. For fuck's sake, they skipped Yurina's event and went straight to Elva, so it's clear Dev Tea gives no shit about story progression.

You have a legit reason to be angry, the revival system is the start of the potential great equalizer between old and new. All events units released in the first 6 months were also noticeably better than the past 1 year.

Problem is unlike DMM, nutaku release of events is not consistent. So with the revival system, those of us who joined months/years later, can still get the full set of event units as those faithful older players like Eab1990 who played from the start. All hail the great equalizer everyone was waiting for!

Just kidding, the revival system is probably going to be as inconsistent as the release of events.
Cant blame the two month wait period though, nutaku was supposedly taking over so they did mention nothing would happen. So they kept their promise for once, in a fucked up way. haAH.

For the rest of us newer players, this is a great thing though yay!

Eab1990
10-03-2016, 06:40 AM
Sure, anything is a step in the right direction at this point, but something as simple as revivals isn't anywhere near deserving of praise either.

(also as useful as Belinda is, she was made obsolete in my team by Shiho, and most people should have two mincost Calliopes by now to at least two-star WoM anyway)

Ramazan
10-03-2016, 07:44 AM
Im sick of some older and dmm players behaviour... What we got tomorrow is starting of great thing yet ppl complain, never satiate themselves... You should know here isnt dmm and i prefer it this way. Maybe its why i play here afterall. When i start dmm i see tons of stuff there with zero guide and understanding anything. Like i said before i play games for relaxation, not drowning myself in stuff.

Eab1990
10-03-2016, 08:02 AM
Roughly 60-70% of the game's current life cycle has been nothing but "relaxation", so newer players demanding that the game should always be as slow as it's been are just as infuriating as I am to you guys.

It's idiots demanding breaks following Odette's event rush, completely ignoring the SIX weeks of no events prior, that make me as "toxic" as I am.

When every star event is essentially a break and half of the farm events aren't actually worth farming, breaks and filler events like these are the last thing anyone needs.

soranokira
10-03-2016, 08:19 AM
Im sick of some older and dmm players behaviour... What we got tomorrow is starting of great thing yet ppl complain, never satiate themselves... You should know here isnt dmm and i prefer it this way. Maybe its why i play here afterall. When i start dmm i see tons of stuff there with zero guide and understanding anything. Like i said before i play games for relaxation, not drowning myself in stuff.

I guess you'd be surprised that veterans on dmm are very relaxed because they've already reached the point where most of the new units are shit to them (meaning no need to grind hard for them) and the only remaining entertainment for them are rolling and challenging majin.

and sounds like people here really like having nothing new to do.

buttlover
10-03-2016, 08:45 AM

You might be mistaken.
To be honest, I dont see any dmm players I know complaining about the revival.
Seems like it is mostly the older players that are committed to nutaku's version, getting angry over the 999 affection items and 30 AW units they have and nothing to them use on.

When you play multiple versions of the game (dmm has at least 2 aigises - r18 and all ages...not sure if mobile version counts), you tend to be less angry about nutaku's slow release.

Eab1990
10-03-2016, 08:46 AM
Please, I only have 25 AW units and probably not triple-digit affection items.

ToTeras
10-03-2016, 08:47 AM
most people should have two mincost Calliopes by now

I'm not sure who you are referring to. I started just before Waltz's event, I couldn't farm that of course (although I snatched a couple copies) and then the great summer drought came until we got Memento. Even with perfect luck, I fail to see how could I manage to acquire two mincosted Calliopes by now, at least without compromising the rest of my team.

Unregistered
10-03-2016, 08:52 AM
@Eab I'm guessing you pulled 60-70% out of your ass? Idk when the game launched but starting from launch of Witch Girl to date we have still had more total time spent in event than out of. That's also counting any Domination only weeks and Daily boost weeks as off weeks (as they should be). Now some of those Star Trial days you might be back to running dailies and I don't know how long the game was up before Witch Girl (less relevant as all the story content and challenge quests were new at the time) but it's still hardly your given percentage.

@sora If it's just a race to the bottom then why the rush? I'd rather the time to level and enjoy using units in the interim as opposed to the constant barrage that is DMM for anyone who isn't mega-whaling or playing the game since approx. launch. That said, there is a lot of room between what we are currently getting on Nutaku and the current DMM climate, and I think the happy medium for most players is in there. The average speed is just too slow for anyone who has been playing for more than 7-10 months, even less if you are spending. I'd like to see that number of no event weeks pushed down to about 25%, and most of those filled with some sort of revival/domination/majin/daily boost.

buttlover
10-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Please, I only have 25 AW units and probably not triple-digit affection items.

HA! You scrub, get on Nirhael's level. :p

http://i.harem-battle.club/images/2016/10/03/2mnpVeoLM.png

soranokira
10-03-2016, 09:04 AM
@Eab I'm guessing you pulled 60-70% out of your ass? Idk when the game launched but starting from launch of Witch Girl to date we have still had more total time spent in event than out of. That's also counting any Domination only weeks and Daily boost weeks as off weeks (as they should be). Now some of those Star Trial days you might be back to running dailies and I don't know how long the game was up before Witch Girl (less relevant as all the story content and challenge quests were new at the time) but it's still hardly your given percentage.

@sora If it's just a race to the bottom then why the rush? I'd rather the time to level and enjoy using units in the interim as opposed to the constant barrage that is DMM for anyone who isn't mega-whaling or playing the game since approx. launch. That said, there is a lot of room between what we are currently getting on Nutaku and the current DMM climate, and I think the happy medium for most players is in there. The average speed is just too slow for anyone who has been playing for more than 7-10 months, even less if you are spending. I'd like to see that number of no event weeks pushed down to about 25%, and most of those filled with some sort of revival/domination/majin/daily boost.

except you can't use units when there's no new events which actually make those special class units useful.
anyway, I can accept occasional breaks. what I cannot accept is the lack of progress. as you mentioned, domination only weeks and daily boost weeks (and revival weeks) should be considered as off weeks, which means we basically just got 2 straight off weeks. while revival is a step forward, sacrificing new event is a step backward IMO.

Eab1990
10-03-2016, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure who you are referring to. I started just before Waltz's event, I couldn't farm that of course (although I snatched a couple copies) and then the great summer drought came until we got Memento. Even with perfect luck, I fail to see how could I manage to acquire two mincosted Calliopes by now, at least without compromising the rest of my team.

You get like five Calliopes from the tutorial and from three story maps, and you only use witches for CC'ing other witches (and Shiho/Len/Aisha, two of which you don't have and last of which is one of the most coveted units of the game).

And then we've had two events since Waltz (and the event immediately before Waltz) where you could farm Calliopes. Especially during Elva's event, since she drops on the 20/1 map.

Maybe two mincost is a stretch, but one at the minimum sure isn't, and one or two -2 isn't a stretch by any means.

Tomorrow is the 600th day this game has been up.

We have had roughly 46 weeks of events (counting the full four weeks of domination). 46 * 7 = 322

So it's more like 54% on/46% off, but that's still a sad percentage to defend. And that percentage is obviously bloated due to most events not taking the full 1-2 weeks, except for collection events and maybe some of the really hard star trials (sup Solano).

lolix
10-03-2016, 09:12 AM

Dont bother. Ive passed war of magic without min costed caliopes even on the account that doesnt have belinda. Getting a yuyu can be challenging , but it can also be done even as a free player....assuming u dont have the need to pass WoM asap (which , u being a freemium , should mean that you dont. Getting blacks as freemium is rather...well , a pipe dream in general). And saki , while pretty good right now , is still not worth the ivnestement.

Other then wom , ive never had a need for 2 min costed silver witches either...even tho there have been events where i thought that might have been usefull....or at least having 1.

In general , the 2 witches i have (belinda/cloris and cloris/yuyu) were enough to pass most of my events till now.
Min costed silvers are really nice when u have no other need for silvers (aka , no cc/aw fodder) , but right now , excepting veterans , im guessing that most people are just starting to complete their AW teams.

For example , I , am quite far from having 30 aw units...and ive played for quite a while now. Sure , i am a freemium , and i have enough resources to awaken at least....4-5 right of the bat if i really wanted to. Hell , i could probably max aff 10 units from 0 to full as well if i really needed to as well

Point being that , yes veterans do have some resources stockpilled , and i can understand how grinding the same thing again and again feels booring as fuck (duh , i even have 2 lvl 200 accounts so its double the work here). I can also understand how newbies dont really mind breaks , as that allows them to catch up and raise their teams a bit before facing event maps. Hell , i was one of the big advocates of breaks before.

Personally , i dont mind them that much even now , but after that much time , i did managed to get a bit bored as well , so a more faster paced content release would please me as well.

That being said , i disagree with what most veterans say about aigis devs. The thing is , we dont know how they will run things yet. If they decided that nutaku-aigis version is profitable enough , they might actually take things seriously. They might not as well....but the thing is , we dont know yet , so id hold my horses on criticism yet.

As for the triple event (revival/xp up/increased drop rates) , i think they are good for both veterans and expecially newer people.
First of all , newbies can get belinda , which is a very good witch , and second , veterans can get free platinum armors. Getting a farm event on a 3x xp week ? Do u people realize that with triple xp , and 3 spirits , depending on the level of the coppy , you can get somewhere from 12k to 15k of xp ? This is going to help newbies a ton to raise up belinda , and even veterans to power level up stuff.

Im rather excited about this

soranokira
10-03-2016, 09:25 AM
As for the triple event (revival/xp up/increased drop rates) , i think they are good for both veterans and expecially newer people.
First of all , newbies can get belinda , which is a very good witch , and second , veterans can get free platinum armors. Getting a farm event on a 3x xp week ? Do u people realize that with triple xp , and 3 spirits , depending on the level of the coppy , you can get somewhere from 12k to 15k of xp ? This is going to help newbies a ton to raise up belinda , and even veterans to power level up stuff.

Im rather excited about this

Just going to correct you that the exp up only applies to shrine-summoned gold+ units. Event units such as belinda do not benefit from the x3 exp.

lolix
10-03-2016, 09:44 AM
Just going to correct you that the exp up only applies to shrine-summoned gold+ units. Event units such as belinda do not benefit from the x3 exp.

ah , if thats the case , that sux. Still , free silver farming is better then no silver farming

Unregistered
10-03-2016, 09:47 AM
Another point is the usability of the revival unit. Belinda is better than any event unit we've had this year barring maybe Imelia and Claudia for those without a premium princess. She also comes ready made at only 1 copy. The benefit to players without Yuyu really can't be understated.

Even if you don't explicitly need the black spirits past Wall of Magic, the bonus rubies for completion as well as just new content in maps is great. I know I am very much looking forward to spending a bit of time on new maps this month over some of my mind numbing Phalanx 2 farm. Now we just need some more events with a difficult top end to use our better army on.

As an anecdote, I have a min cost Calliope from perfect combines (CR on every copy used) and have 1 extra Calliope in barracks. ~7 months played. I wasn't gunning for witches in recent events to be sure, but you really run out of use for gold spirits from Phalanx 2 long before you get enough Calliopes for 2 min-cost even if you wanted to play it that way assuming freemium. As a light spender I was lucky (unlucky?) enough to roll two blacks and never get a Yuyu and was just reaching the point where I was held back by not being able to do WoM short of spending SC on buff.

Also thx sora, I got him in the other thread :P

IvanLedah21
10-03-2016, 09:52 AM
@EAB: Witches are also used as AW Fodder for Vampire Hunters, Advance Guards, Mages, Summoners and Princesses. Mincosting Calliope requires 7 spares (100%, 50%x2, 25%x4) on average. Thus, with the numbers you give, you could have ONE min-costed Calliope, nowhere near two.

In general I think the issue is not that people like EAB are upset about revival, it's that the revival didn't come alongside a new event like they do in DMM (hell, I think people would be fine it running alongside a Domination or Drop Rate Up week, at least). Getting revival is a step forward for Nutaku, but not getting a new event as well kind of cancels that step out, at least for some people. That and the timing of it can come across as "Yeah, we screwed up the attempt to take over, here's a bone to chew on in the meantime while we attempt to figure something out"

Eab1990
10-03-2016, 09:58 AM
@EAB: Witches are also used as AW Fodder for Vampire Hunters, Advance Guards, Mages, Summoners and Princesses. Mincosting Calliope requires 7 spares (100%, 50%x2, 25%x4) on average. Thus, with the numbers you give, you could have ONE min-costed Calliope, nowhere near two.

I'd question why you're awakening any of those before clearing WoM to begin with, unless it was an OP unit like Elizabeth, Uzume, Sybilla, or Olivie, in which case, you're probably decently well off in other areas anyway.

Regardless, two or three -2 Calliopes would probably get the job done as well, after buying some buffs. *shrug*

Unregistered
10-03-2016, 10:12 AM
@Eab I think the needing buffs is a sticking point for a lot of people. I know it is for me. Needing to use a month of stamp card SC or half an event just to 2-star skip a challenge feels really bad. Most would probably end up doing it eventually though if they were stuck with a black unit they couldn't level. Though those with a black probably spent for it and throwing a few SC for buff wouldn't be as big a deal. I think it's more a nod toward freemiums who can't level their Saki or rerolled starting black unit.

Eab1990
10-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Eh, I used buffs to 3* clear it because OCD reasons. You'll probably need buffs if you want to reliably clear Dwarfs & Giants 1/2 afterwards anyway (assuming you can even reach those levels before the buffs expire), so it's not that much of a waste.

Though, if not for black fairies, it ultimately depends on how much of a completionist you want to be.

soranokira
10-03-2016, 10:20 AM

In general I think the issue is not that people like EAB are upset about revival, it's that the revival didn't come alongside a new event like they do in DMM (hell, I think people would be fine it running alongside a Domination or Drop Rate Up week, at least). Getting revival is a step forward for Nutaku, but not getting a new event as well kind of cancels that step out, at least for some people. That and the timing of it can come across as "Yeah, we screwed up the attempt to take over, here's a bone to chew on in the meantime while we attempt to figure something out"

it happens to be running alongside a drop rate up week this time around, but unfortunately I don't think a drop rate up week is what we need right now...

anyway...I have a cr2 calliope and cloris as my only witch. I have never seen the need to rush to clear WoM. you can (now) farm black fairies off spirit X/G (for spenders) during x1.5 drop rate events, and you're not in a rush for them if you're not a spender since you probably don't have a lot of blacks to level.

but...the problem is that no new event = not moving forward. revival is a step forward, but no new event (which also means no new girls) is like a step backward. I'd like to have a more consistent forward moving pace plz. revival is not going to be a good thing if it ends up 'break-event-break-revival-break-event' which is what this upcoming maintenance is actually hinting at due to the 1 week break we're having right now.

Nero010
10-03-2016, 10:36 AM
One thing Aigis tought me is that there is no set event shema found here and theorising already now is beyond any realistic expectations. By the way, at least for me, Belind counts as a new girl. As i wouldve NEVER gotten her if not for the revival.
Its pretty obvious who looks at this as not a step forward and who does and i guess the community will be divided at that point. Simple put.

kayfabe
10-03-2016, 10:40 AM
It's always weird to me when people talk about their mandatory fleet of Calliopes when I have literally zero silver witches at all post Awakening. Anyway, when it comes to Wall of Magic I suspect we underestimate the number of people who threw stronger witches and/or a shop buff at the problem given that many vets already have Belinda and Summon Beast in the Earth had a handful of maps that many newer players weren't going to be able to reasonably 3 star otherwise.

Unregistered
10-03-2016, 01:34 PM
@sora I think you are exaggerating a bit. If we look at this objectively not having a new event unit isn't a step backwards, it is standing still. The revival event is a step forward for newer players and as such the future of the game as a whole. While for you no new event may be disappointing, but realistically it is in no way a step backwards.

I am a relatively new player. My first event was Memento and I was lucky enough to be able to get a slightly improved version of her. I see a lot of people on the forums complaining about break weeks. The months of break at a time is completely understandable to be upset about, but I have an honest question for those who are against breaks altogether. How do you see the future of the game if the only players that are accommodated are the older players. I have seen a lot of games suffer because the games only catered to veteran players. I have quit games because of that. If things went on pace with the DMM version (not catching up, but the same pace) new players would feel the need to have to spend money to be even slightly competitive. I think there is a middle ground that would work better overall for everyone.

Eab1990
10-03-2016, 02:04 PM
In the first place, you're not expected to tackle events outside of maps 1-3 until you've got, say, a solid month of team building. Meaning newbies can only feasibly do farm events for a base cost or -1 unit at best, or get the bare minimum tier in a collection event. Star trials are generally out of the question for people who are still getting started.

But if newbies can't get past that hump, that's on them, not the game. Naturally, the game shouldn't cater to people who can't even stick it out and grind (or pay to grind) for that first month. Most of the people complaining they can't simply jump into an event despite starting just last week end up sounding stupidly entitled to me.

Though this is beside the point as we have the complete opposite case here anyway. The game is so far behind schedule that most of us are stupidly overleveled, and you have people who've only been playing for a fraction of the time complaining that the game is "too fast" for them. There's an obvious disconnect that those people aren't understanding, that the game is meant to reward time spent. Of course it makes sense to cater to veterans then.

lolix
10-03-2016, 02:18 PM
@unregistered , u should dig trough archives since long before u were even playing. Breaks/no breaks has been a long argued debate between a lot of people.

Personally i dont mind the pace we have right now , because i also tend to be a bit OCD , and try to raise a lot of girls. Last months , i kinda didnt do that for the lack of time or simply because we got trash units.
That being said , considering it has been some time , as a player with 2 accounts on nutaku , both high level , i can tell u that at times i do get bored by the constant breaks.

Im still bummed out about the xp thingy tho. I guess its only logical that only premium stuff gets 3x xp. Otherwise giving that buff during a farm even would have been a bit broken

IvanLedah21
10-03-2016, 02:49 PM
EAB has valid points. You're not expected to excel at events, in particular star rushes, if you started less than two months ago (barring whaling to grind), and many players have been around for years and are primarily interested in new stuff. I personally missed Belinda's event so I'm happy to get its revival, but I understand full well the boredom rampant amongst the vets.

Being against breaks =/= being against breaks between literally every event. The former could be considered inconsiderate to newer players (and it gives time to grind up recently acquired units that you might want to try out) but the latter is a perfectly justified standpoint. Nobody's saying "let's rush events to try to catch up to DMM" because that's plain unreasonable. We just want a steady flow of new events (getting revivals alongside them would be great though) to give us stuff to do besides the content we've re-run 10,000x already.

You coming in to a lot of breaks might be welcome to you because you want time to level up units, but it is NOT the same as "catering to the vets" The game is supposed to have regular events (should not be more than 1 break week per month, really) and it rewards time spent on it, therefore new players should be expected to struggle if they're not willing to whale on SC stamina refills. That's not catering to vets, it's just the way MOST games work (honestly, not many games will let you jump into events a week after you start playing and expect to compete at the same level as players who've been around for years). Literally every game developer out there WANTS you to have to devote time to their game because you're more likely to spend money on it, so saying that a game that doesn't let new players full-clear event missions is "catering to vets" makes you come across as a newbie who feels ENTITLED to have access to everything from day 1.

Basically, we're ok with something like 1 break week (preferably Farm Rate UP or Domination or Revival and not "true" break) per month but the other 3 weeks? New event please.

soranokira
10-03-2016, 05:25 PM
@sora I think you are exaggerating a bit. If we look at this objectively not having a new event unit isn't a step backwards, it is standing still. The revival event is a step forward for newer players and as such the future of the game as a whole. While for you no new event may be disappointing, but realistically it is in no way a step backwards.

I am a relatively new player. My first event was Memento and I was lucky enough to be able to get a slightly improved version of her. I see a lot of people on the forums complaining about break weeks. The months of break at a time is completely understandable to be upset about, but I have an honest question for those who are against breaks altogether. How do you see the future of the game if the only players that are accommodated are the older players. I have seen a lot of games suffer because the games only catered to veteran players. I have quit games because of that. If things went on pace with the DMM version (not catching up, but the same pace) new players would feel the need to have to spend money to be even slightly competitive. I think there is a middle ground that would work better overall for everyone.

just to add on to what others have already mentioned, constant events does not mean catering to vets, but means progress for aigis as a whole such they have a consistent pace and we can be assured that they can reach the point where DMM is currently at. Right now, because of the vast amount of events on DMM side, they were able to implement daily revivals, which means 30+ new units to farm every month, on top of having current events. Starting anew on DMM is naturally tough due to being behind veterans, but they also happen to have plenty of SC and other freebie giveaways. Just recently (last week actually) we had an iOS celebration where they gave out 7 gold exp fairies in total (special fairies that give 18k exp to a gold unit, which means you can instantly level golds from 1 to cc60 using 3 of them) which helps newbies to rush up due to the increasing difficulty of current event maps to cater to veterans (I played for 9 months on DMM and still can't 3* the last map of the most recent star rush), as well as the fact that newbies get 21 SC in total from login bonuses when starting the game.

tl;dr breaks are NOT catering to beginners; freebies and events (to farm silvers and event units to strengthen team) are.

and I still think not having a new event unit is a step backwards, because you don't sacrifice new events. I'd rather be closer to the op event units than be glad about having revivals that kind of diverge from our original path. (or rather, just give me lieselotte and katie copies already. I know there are some people who screwed up their katie on nutaku or refuse to use her...)

Davion
10-04-2016, 01:49 AM
I think it will not be a problem - who is managing/developing the game, as long as this will be applied "Our objective with English Aigis is to make the game in every way equal to the Japanese original ".
And if nutaku will care that it will happen.

Nero010
10-04-2016, 08:24 AM
just to add on to what others have already mentioned, constant events does not mean catering to vets, but means progress for aigis as a whole such they have a consistent pace and we can be assured that they can reach the point where DMM is currently at. Right now, because of the vast amount of events on DMM side, they were able to implement daily revivals, which means 30+ new units to farm every month, on top of having current events. Starting anew on DMM is naturally tough due to being behind veterans, but they also happen to have plenty of SC and other freebie giveaways. Just recently (last week actually) we had an iOS celebration where they gave out 7 gold exp fairies in total (special fairies that give 18k exp to a gold unit, which means you can instantly level golds from 1 to cc60 using 3 of them) which helps newbies to rush up due to the increasing difficulty of current event maps to cater to veterans (I played for 9 months on DMM and still can't 3* the last map of the most recent star rush), as well as the fact that newbies get 21 SC in total from login bonuses when starting the game.

tl;dr breaks are NOT catering to beginners; freebies and events (to farm silvers and event units to strengthen team) are.

and I still think not having a new event unit is a step backwards, because you don't sacrifice new events. I'd rather be closer to the op event units than be glad about having revivals that kind of diverge from our original path. (or rather, just give me lieselotte and katie copies already. I know there are some people who screwed up their katie on nutaku or refuse to use her...)

Catching up to DMM will never happen. If thats a Problem for someone, he shouldnt be playing here in the first place.
Nothing wrong with the wish for constant content delivering. It doesnt have to be fired out of machine guns though.

Unregistered
10-04-2016, 08:59 AM
Catching up to DMM will never happen. If thats a Problem for someone, he shouldnt be playing here in the first place.
Nothing wrong with the wish for constant content delivering. It doesnt have to be fired out of machine guns though.

Catching up to where DMM currently is at =/= catching up to DMM

Please read properly.
We will never catch up to DMM.
But we can at least match their pace of weekly events or in else
1 year in dmm = 2 years in nutaku

2020 before daily revival comes to nutaku

Eab1990
10-04-2016, 09:29 AM

If one event a week is "machine gun" pace for you, then you should learn to manage your time better instead of dragging the entire playerbase down to your level.

IvanLedah21
10-04-2016, 09:49 AM
If one event a week is "machine gun" pace for you, then you should learn to manage your time better instead of dragging the entire playerbase down to your level.

I think that was uncalled for. It came across to me as Nero simply misread what Sora posted, as the unregistered pointed out. No need for hostility. I think we ALL want new events delivered regularly, and revivals on the side would be nice but let's keep moving FORWARD.

Like I said earlier, there's no reason we should have more than one break week per month (preferably a break that at least has farm rate up, domination and/or revival going on) and that would be a healthy flow of new stuff while giving newer players a chance to grind up their units one week a month.

lolix
10-04-2016, 09:57 AM
thats just his typical elitist attitude Ivan. Ignore it.

That being said , i kinda agree. I week of breaks per month sounds resonable....and its actually similar to what i proposed a long time ago as well.

Problem is , that the other veterans tend to disagree , and while i DO understand their issues (as i said , i have 2 nutaku accounts. I know far better then most how boring grinding can be) , i also do believe that small breaks can be good for both newbies (as to not be overwhelmed by content - contrary to popular opinion , there is quite some stuff to do in aigis right after making a new account) , and even for veterans that might dislike having to fix their schedule AT ALL TIMES to fit a game. Thats even worse if u dont have internet at work..

Other then that , ill refuse getting into this argument again , and you are probably better of leaving it like that Ivan. They will drag you down and beat you with experience...at least in regards to this topic

Eab1990
10-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Excuse me for immediately defaulting to "hostile" whenever people suggest breaks instead of just properly allotting their time.

I mean, when people in FKG of all things (whose events are largely star trial/collection types to begin with) started demanding breaks, that tells me people like to ruin the game's pacing for others just so they can enjoy the game at their own pace.

slyyr
10-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Have to say from playing DMM and Nutaku even when I was new on DMM I preferred the fact there is always something to do. Breaks on DMM kind of happen where there isn;t an event that week but there is something else going on like 1.5x or Subjugation. Add in the repeating cycle of revivals and you always have a way to farm what you need to advance your team.

Biggest problem with Nutaku isn't the breaks but the lack of other things to do during them. If you are unlucky in an event trying to farm a resource you desperately need and the RNG hates you then its a 2-3 week wait. Not so on DMM.

Belinda's revival is a small step in the right direction but having it in place of a new event is a step back. It feels like a placeholder when we have loads of content from DMM that could be added instead or concurrently.

tldr; on DMM you always feel like you are moving forward, on Nutaku stagnation and boredom happens too easy

buttlover
10-04-2016, 11:03 AM
Have to say from playing DMM and Nutaku even when I was new on DMM I preferred the fact there is always something to do. Breaks on DMM kind of happen where there isn;t an event that week but there is something else going on like 1.5x or Subjugation. Add in the repeating cycle of revivals and you always have a way to farm what you need to advance your team.

Biggest problem with Nutaku isn't the breaks but the lack of other things to do during them. If you are unlucky in an event trying to farm a resource you desperately need and the RNG hates you then its a 2-3 week wait. Not so on DMM.

Belinda's revival is a small step in the right direction but having it in place of a new event is a step back. It feels like a placeholder when we have loads of content from DMM that could be added instead or concurrently.

tldr; on DMM you always feel like you are moving forward, on Nutaku stagnation and boredom happens too easy

Shh slyyr, we can't openly praise the game play of DMM's version. It will trigger the nutaku-only older whales to go more flamerino.
When they are already super triggered over everything.

Lets just say DMM is "ok" but it can be better, like PLEASE GIVE US ANYA'S SECOND EVENT Q_Q
I like the new black unit event is coming out and all, and the anya's event always come in 2 phases but the lack of news is freaking me out.

Unregistered
10-04-2016, 01:09 PM
@buttlover you say that, but literally every post that says this isn't DMM and breaks are fine are still arguing for a content pace that's a lot closer to the DMM side than the current Nutaku side. Why is it the Nutaku-only players seem fine having a discussion while Eab and others just jump down everyone's throats immediately.

Let me be clear: being excited about FINALLY getting revivals DOES NOT AT ALL mean everyone is just peachy with how things are being run currently. If you're too angry or jaded to still add worthwhile discussion amidst that, then you're just wasting everyone's time with your bile.

- - - Updated - - -

@buttlover you say that, but literally every post that says this isn't DMM and breaks are fine are still arguing for a content pace that's a lot closer to the DMM side than the current Nutaku side. Why is it the Nutaku-only players seem fine having a discussion while Eab and others just jump down everyone's throats immediately.

Let me be clear: being excited about FINALLY getting revivals DOES NOT AT ALL mean everyone is just peachy with how things are being run currently. If you're too angry or jaded to still add worthwhile discussion amidst that, then you're just wasting everyone's time with your bile.

Someone seems confused, eab clearly plays nutaku aigis almost exclusively, I think buttlover is trying to joke with eab using the phrase "nutaku-only older whales".
eab has mmaaybee tried out dmm before, but he never talked about it so its pretty clear he whales at nutaku.

Other than sylar, buttlover and sora, there doesn't seem to be many talkative dmm players.

Eab1990
10-04-2016, 01:19 PM
I don't play on DMM, no.

I also don't think there needs to be a "happy medium" between the two. I've been arguing this for ages, and there's been very little justification for actually having breaks outside of "b-but the newbies", which I already explained why that shouldn't be a reason here.

lolix
10-04-2016, 02:11 PM
to be fair , there are also veterans that do need a break from time to time. As i said , having to adjust my schedule at all times by aigis events can be a chore at times. If its during a break ,...

Eab1990
10-04-2016, 02:27 PM
All that text and all I have to say is "your personal life is not justification to slow the game down for everyone else".

You not having enough time to do everything =/= Everyone else not having enough time. It's already been said that there's little else to do when there isn't an event going on. You take the free time when it comes up, you shouldn't demand the free time at the expense of everyone else.

Unregistered
10-04-2016, 06:08 PM
I don't really agree with lolix arguments for breaks, however I still don't want constant events just for game balance reasons. It's impossible to min cost many event units without spending already. If you had constant events, unless every other event was a star rush, you'd never have time to grind the fodder, gifts, gold and DC to continue developing those units. Add on concurrent things like domination, revival and majin and it's even worse. And that's using every bit of stamina optimally from regen, real life be damned. If we get on consistent new events with concurrent content rolling, people's tune will just change back eventually as it did after event rush post Odette break. The disconnect comes because the active veterans have mountains of fodder, spirits and gifts banked from weeks of slow content to support constant events for quite some time. Also, most non-freemium players complaining we need breaks need to spend more of their SC on refill grinding instead of just constantly hitting gacha, which puts a strain on your remaining resources.

ZeroZet
10-04-2016, 11:56 PM
^ That is actually a good argument FOR constant events, from developer perspective :p Y'know, to force incite people into giving them cash ;)

I guess best, aimed at both groups of players, schedule would be
Unit Farm (1 week) > Star Trial (2 weeks) > Drop Rate Up + Shrine Exp Up "break" (1 week) > Unit Farm (1 week) > Item Collection (2 weeks) > Drop Rate Up + Shrine Exp Up "break" (1 week) > Repeat With Gold rushes in place of 2-weeker of a month every now and then, and Dominations and Revivals running concurrently in background... :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Item Collection can be switched with first "break" to run back to back with Star Trial, as veterans tend to call them Star Breaks and might get grumpy with following Drop Rate Up :p, but then schedule won't fold as neatly into month-long repeating pattern(

Unregistered
10-05-2016, 05:56 AM
^ It's almost like that's why DMM side runs events like that so much :P Also, I don't think we need a strict schedule so much as just more events generally. Having a pattern to type of events and when "break" weeks should happen if at all isn't really necessary. Even having 2 sequential "break" weeks after 5-7 weeks of constant new events is fine if it's running alongside revival or domination and would be a good time for adding new story maps with boost. As you pointed out, many people are done with star rushes in just a few days and really need concurrent content since you're just silver farming the rest of the 2 weeks anyway. Which also would be less of a priority with more consistent silver source.

IvanLedah21
10-05-2016, 06:59 AM
3/4 weeks a month have new event, 4th week is farm rate up or something
All 4 weeks have Domination, Revival or new Story Maps to run alongside.

Problem solved. Have a nice day ; )

buttlover
10-05-2016, 08:20 AM
3/4 weeks a month have new event, 4th week is farm rate up or something
All 4 weeks have Domination, Revival or new Story Maps to run alongside.

Problem solved. Have a nice day ; )

But that's the same as DMM's schedule and apparently people dont like that

IvanLedah21
10-05-2016, 10:43 AM
But that's the same as DMM's schedule and apparently people dont like that

DMM's schedule doesn't mean much to us Nutaku players, now does it? I think most Nutaku players that have played for more than 3-4 months would be more than happy to have such a schedule.

buttlover
10-05-2016, 01:56 PM
DMM's schedule doesn't mean much to us Nutaku players, now does it? I think most Nutaku players that have played for more than 3-4 months would be more than happy to have such a schedule.

What you are suggesting has been suggested numerous times by others, and the standard reply against it is "we don't need DMM's pace" or like what someone used to say "break good, me like break"

Its a good suggestion and pace, at least imo, but I was just giving the standard reply to that answer. Hence nutaku trollface

lolix
10-05-2016, 03:10 PM
What you are suggesting has been suggested numerous times by others, and the standard reply against it is "we don't need DMM's pace" or like what someone used to say "break good, me like break"

Its a good suggestion and pace, at least imo, but I was just giving the standard reply to that answer. Hence nutaku trollface

On contraire , i used to suggest 1-2 weeks of breaks once every 2 months or so and people were saying thats waay too much break. But that was a long time ago. If you are bored , feel free to search old threads

IvanLedah21
10-05-2016, 03:18 PM

If Nutaku grew a brain stem, they'd realize we DO need DMM's pace to keep vets around for the long haul. Especially their precious whales (myself included), without new events and units, we'll get bored and end up dropping the game and there goes a lot of money. Plus, with more events comes more pressure to get perfect/near-perfect unit which might require SC spending *hint hint* especially for newer players who might need to grind in a hurry and have the cash to spare to buy SCs for that.

On the player side... 1 week per month of break should be sufficient to give people some relax time (vets) or grinding time (newbies) without "adjusting schedule to the game" (newbies have less leeway on this due to less max Charisma/Stamina if they don't want to waste natural regeneration but that's part of the game mechanics). If you're level 200, you can basically log in twice a day for half an hour and be fine. Lower level players would need to log in 3-5 times I think (what's base stamina, 6? 8?) but that's for even less time (less charisma/stamina to burn).

That said, I don't think ANYONE expects us to rush to try to "catch up to DMM" because that's simply NOT happening even if we have events every single week for a year. It's just pacing of new events/revivals/other stuff that's the issue.

@Lolix: One week of break per two months might be a bit too intimidating/fast for newbies. Vets might love it though. Personally I think my suggestion is a happy medium that would keep most players at least accepting, even if they're not thrilled.

Unregistered
10-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Let the newbies be overwhelmed or be satisfied with their max cost event units imo. You can complete the best story farm map (Base Scramble II) and best challenge quest farm map (Phalanx 2) with only map completion units. You're only using event units to complete more events right now. It takes months to get an army to the point where you can consistently 3 star the hard event maps without spending and actually get min cost event units anyways. In a world of consistent content delivery, revivals provide the missed stuff and allow freemiums and newer players to get that perfect unit then if they want it.

TLDR: New players should get mediocre event units in their first months of play and be content. Veterans need a reasonable schedule of content if you want the game to continue.

lolix
10-05-2016, 05:49 PM
@Lolix: One week of break per two months might be a bit too intimidating/fast for newbies. Vets might love it though. Personally I think my suggestion is a happy medium that would keep most players at least accepting, even if they're not thrilled.

I for one agree with you mate , but as you can see most people here dont. The point i was making was that i made an even more event intensive suggestion then yours and some will still disagree.

Either their way or the highway aparently. Cant compromise with them.

soranokira
10-05-2016, 07:37 PM
I guess you'd be surprised that veterans on dmm are very relaxed because they've already reached the point where most of the new units are shit to them (meaning no need to grind hard for them) and the only remaining entertainment for them are rolling and challenging majin.

and sounds like people here really like having nothing new to do.

Quoting myself again because people seem to think dmm's pace is too fast.
otoh I see almost maxed stamina on dmm aigis videos and nobody cares. I think the only time I feel hardpressed now is x1.5 drop rate because I play 2 accounts, lol. yet I bet I'd be bored if I was only playing 1...D: probably would be less stressed if I didnt wait for the hour to regen stamina before I used SCs to farm >_>

Ericridge
10-05-2016, 10:05 PM
I feel like rioting because I feel like playing Aigis right now but I have zero charisma right now. Stupid charisma is never full when I want it to be. So I'm stuck looking at random units in my unit list and awakening list just to see their awakened art and grumble.

ZeroZet
10-05-2016, 11:48 PM
I guess all arguing is coming from (mis)conception that "Constant event stream" of "DMM schedule" vets are calling for means "NO breaks at all, never, forever", missing the points of Drop Rate Up weeks being "event" weeks as well and that Star Trial weeks actually give some time to farm other things. ;) Revivals not being a thing also didn't help to alleviate the psychological pressure of needing to get event units as good as possible, as there won't be second shot at improving them :rolleyes:

Well, we all can argue all we want (even if we all seems to be in agreement that one Drop Rate "break" week per month is quite enough :p) but in as long as JP devs would continue to give rat's ass about our version at all and continue to offload support to that one overworked underpaid illeterate chinese intern, we'll be seeing "Break" breaks and summer vacations as usual. And Nutaku is as powerless as us :( (I mean, they can't even get JP dev to give them permission to handle the events stateside ffs!)

buttlover
10-06-2016, 12:42 AM
I guess all arguing is coming from (mis)conception that "Constant event stream" of "DMM schedule" vets are calling for means "NO breaks at all, never, forever", missing the points of Drop Rate Up weeks being "event" weeks as well and that Star Trial weeks actually give some time to farm other things. ;) Revivals not being a thing also didn't help to alleviate the psychological pressure of needing to get event units as good as possible, as there won't be second shot at improving them :rolleyes:

Well, we all can argue all we want (even if we all seems to be in agreement that one Drop Rate "break" week per month is quite enough :p) but in as long as JP devs would continue to give rat's ass about our version at all and continue to offload support to that one overworked underpaid illeterate chinese intern, we'll be seeing "Break" breaks and summer vacations as usual. And Nutaku is as powerless as us :( (I mean, they can't even get JP dev to give them permission to handle the events stateside ffs!)

Sounds like someone has inside info oooohh interesting, care to share why the jap devs are holding back/hiring chinese interns?
Or are those just personal assumptions?

ZeroZet
10-06-2016, 02:36 AM
Sounds like someone has inside info oooohh interesting, care to share why the jap devs are holding back/hiring chinese interns?
Or are those just personal assumptions?Oh, it's merely a joke.
But in the light of the sorry state of updates in summer, and previous "relaxed" attitude, it might just be not be that far off mark :p

MalusCorvus
10-06-2016, 04:07 AM
Well, in light of this most recent complaint against Nutaku, I have to ask:

...How important is it to be able to read Japanese is it to play Aigis on DMM?

buttlover
10-06-2016, 05:46 AM
Well, in light of this most recent complaint against Nutaku, I have to ask:

...How important is it to be able to read Japanese is it to play Aigis on DMM?

Well most people on DMM playing it overseas cant read japanese. So i guess it helps but it isn't important.
The key thing is how good at your at "basic guesswork" + willingness to screenshot things you don't understand to ask / ask people.
Certain forums have a resident japanese translator to help while others will help if you are asking something they asked before.

It also helps if you have google's auto translate on for websites like http://aigis.gcwiki.info/
They answer many questions you might have even for nutaku aigis.

ZeroZet
10-06-2016, 06:43 AM
On the other hand, how much fun you will be able to derive from playing and not getting just what is going on with characters and what are they saying to you? If not much, then you have your answer.)

If you are only there for gameplay AND can stomach googling things every few minutes, then you'll be able to play on DMM well enough.

buttlover
10-06-2016, 07:23 AM
On the other hand, how much fun you will be able to derive from playing and not getting just what is going on with characters and what are they saying to you? If not much, then you have your answer.)

If you are only there for gameplay AND can stomach googling things every few minutes, then you'll be able to play on DMM well enough.

Well it really depends on the person really.
Some people just want to sit there and complain without doing any research or put in effort.
While others have translated the entire text of conversations(petite soeur), so the we can read the plot+releases we are interested. (nutaku's job as a translator has literally already been done years ago for them)

Eg.
Echidna Introduction:
Echidna: "Thank you very much for coming to my rescue. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, I am the dragonewt miko Echidna."
Echidna: "It's true our clans used to fight with one another. However, our quarrel with the humans is already in the distant past."
Echidna: "Instead, we are hoping to peacefully coexist with the humans..."
Echidna: "But when the great elder commanded us to war with the humans once again, I ended up fleeing from the underworld."
Echidna: "The great elder sits in the top position of our clan. None of us can refuse his commands..."
Echidna: "He still bears a grudge against the humans since he was one of those who experienced the war with the humans in the past."
Echidna: "But even among the dragonewts, there are those who wish to coexist with the humans like I do!"
Echidna: "So, prince, would it be possible for you to lend me your strength...!? Of course, please leave the guidance to me."
Echidna: "Right now, my clan is proceeding to invade the surface from every direction. Let's put a stop to them first...!"
Echidna: "... There isn't much time. Prince, let's work together!"

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=885474&postcount=19607%3Cbr%20/%3E

MalusCorvus
10-06-2016, 08:50 AM

Well, let me put it this way - when I go to a game, Nutaku games included, the first thing I look at is what it's about. The setting, the story, etc. Context means a lot to me. Especially when it comes to sex scenes, and without the words it's just a picture for me (and from what I can tell from games like Dragon Tactics: Memories and Girls Kingdom, I only rarely like the voices in such scenes).

That being said, as long as translations exist and can be found, I'm willing to put in the effort. I mean, I'm unlikely to play a game only on DMM if I like it that much, so I should be able to avoid situations like, "What does this button do?"

ZeroZet
10-06-2016, 10:01 AM
While there are translations for event dialogues, there are NO translations for unit scenes, as far as I know. Well, there are like 6 units who had their all-age scenes translated by the illustrious Petite Soeur (and I moved them on MWAwiki in comments sections for said units pages), but that's it.

Also, there's entirely new UI on DMM side, so it will take some time to adjust to it)

buttlover
10-06-2016, 10:28 AM
While there are translations for event dialogues, there are NO translations for unit scenes, as far as I know. Well, there are like 6 units who had their all-age scenes translated by the illustrious Petite Soeur (and I moved them on MWAwiki in comments sections for said units pages), but that's it.

Also, there's entirely new UI on DMM side, so it will take some time to adjust to it)

Well done :>

Ramazan
10-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Yeah, translators do exist. Lafate was do existed for us too. And one day he's gone.
It would bother me to rely on a person to play the game, especially if its that kind of person, who doesnt do it for money but for... ehm why did they doing it again? Seems for nothing in my perspective, but he may get ad profits or something? dunno much. But if he dont do it for money then its never guaranteed. What nutaku did was literally no good, ok, but i prefer to play it this way instead of seeing eye-bleeding moonrunes... (thats me again) Doesnt it bothers you to switch tabs everytime you look for something you wonder :D especially h-scenes.
I recently did again, i really did, tried to play at dmm :( but no i couldnt stand searching for a tiny thing on all ulmf forum which has like 2k pages? maybe even more... i even cant select the text to copy it and paste to google lol.

slyyr
10-06-2016, 07:15 PM

I play DMM for the gameplay. Story stuff I'm not worried about as I get my fix of that playing on Nutaku. A lot of the story stuff will eventually be revealed on Nutaku anyway (fingers crossed).

Regarding Googling I don't need to do it very often, maybe a couple of times a week to look up something specific for planning ahead. Usually looking up new units to see how useful they will be with my current team and if I should prioritise them. I spend a lot more time organising stuff for Nutaku as resources are scarcer and need managing so I know what I need to chase.

soranokira
10-06-2016, 08:07 PM
I can read jap somewhat but reading the H-scenes are a pain I've been skipping them pretty much. the only ones I read are the quotes which can be found on the japanese wiki as well, which suffices for me. (as well as reading the event dialogue)

the gameplay and the event lore is what's important and that's done by petite.

boogie21man
10-07-2016, 06:50 AM
TLDR: New players should get mediocre event units in their first months of play and be content. Veterans need a reasonable schedule of content if you want the game to continue.

If only there are events for Nadia and Saria noobs should get them pronto subito.

Vets are bad people (in other games). Im just glad im fighting monsters not them, cazzi miei!

Unregistered
10-07-2016, 09:24 AM
After playing aigis on nutaku for about a year, I decided to give DMM a try. So much better! If nutaku is going to carry this game, they need to make improvements. The drop rate for maps is easily twice the rate on DMM, summoning gives platinum or black much more often! hundreds more units, nonstop events! who cares if i don't know what they are saying! nutaku only has about half of the game here! Go on DMM, switch language to Japanese and play the REAL GAME!

lolix
10-07-2016, 10:13 AM
After playing aigis on nutaku for about a year, I decided to give DMM a try. So much better! If nutaku is going to carry this game, they need to make improvements. The drop rate for maps is easily twice the rate on DMM, summoning gives platinum or black much more often! hundreds more units, nonstop events! who cares if i don't know what they are saying! nutaku only has about half of the game here! Go on DMM, switch language to Japanese and play the REAL GAME!

I disagree. I for one care a whole deal about lore , which is why i didnt transfered to DMM , even tho i enjoy the game enough to have 2 lvl 200+ acounts on nutaku...

I cant speak japanese , and i dont have the time to translate all i need to know , so DMM its a no no to me beause of that

IvanLedah21
10-07-2016, 10:55 AM
I disagree. I for one care a whole deal about lore , which is why i didnt transfered to DMM , even tho i enjoy the game enough to have 2 lvl 200+ acounts on nutaku...

I cant speak japanese , and i dont have the time to translate all i need to know , so DMM its a no no to me beause of that

Agreed.
@Unregistered: Everything you said was mostly true, though "hundreds more units" and "summoning gives platinum or black much more often" is HIGHLY unlikely if not outright false. But the moment you said "switch language to Japanese" I stopped caring. I want to know what is being said, not have to Google every damn ability and be completely clueless as to what's being said in 99% of the H scenes (without text, they're just pictures, and if that's enough for you, why don't you go Google Image search X topic without filter and be just as happy?)

Eab1990
10-07-2016, 11:10 AM
I think Nutaku has another stream up, if anyone wants to pester them for more info.

I'd do so myself, but I'm at work today.

buttlover
10-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Agreed.
@Unregistered: Everything you said was mostly true, though "hundreds more units" and "summoning gives platinum or black much more often" is HIGHLY unlikely if not outright false. But the moment you said "switch language to Japanese" I stopped caring. I want to know what is being said, not have to Google every damn ability and be completely clueless as to what's being said in 99% of the H scenes (without text, they're just pictures, and if that's enough for you, why don't you go Google Image search X topic without filter and be just as happy?)

Well that guy definitely exaggerated. Still even if you only play nutaku you will HAVE to google every ability/unit you plan to invest in unless you wanna regret later. (some threads here are classical examples)
That is the same with the DMM version. Text wise, for H scenes i care about i use google's image translator which does it for me in about 2 secs.
And for interesting titbits of mass texts that i want to read at a go, i have forum translators like petite who has his own patreon page, to kindly do the text and put it on the forums.

I spend the same effort on nutaku and DMM tbh, just that currently DMM is more interesting events till nutaku releases SAW/black events or something noteworthy.

Unregistered
10-07-2016, 12:19 PM
The first three rolls for me gave a 3 star ninja, a 4 star archer and platinum maple on DMM. I've spent over $100 on nutaku, and don't have crap that I've rolled. 1 black nanaly only. In 10 runs on witches banquet 2 in the last 2 days, I have had ZERO drops of anything. So maybe it is just my luck, but I have better team on DMM in 1 month than my 1 year nutaku team. On nutaku it gets boring grinding every other week with nothing going on, just my thoughts.

slyyr
10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
The first three rolls for me gave a 3 star ninja, a 4 star archer and platinum maple on DMM. I've spent over $100 on nutaku, and don't have crap that I've rolled. 1 black nanaly only. In 10 runs on witches banquet 2 in the last 2 days, I have had ZERO drops of anything. So maybe it is just my luck, but I have better team on DMM in 1 month than my 1 year nutaku team. On nutaku it gets boring grinding every other week with nothing going on, just my thoughts.

DMM having guaranteed drops on first completions makes a huge difference. The drop rates for Belinda's event is just as bad on DMM except being on a cycle we can have more goes at it over time.

soranokira
10-07-2016, 06:11 PM
DMM having guaranteed drops on first completions makes a huge difference. The drop rates for Belinda's event is just as bad on DMM except being on a cycle we can have more goes at it over time.

drop rate in belinda event in daily revival was boosted, compared to the one on nutaku that's still using the old one. still, all this is old vs new thing that nutaku should expect to get eventually IF nutaku actually progresses forward. and the lack of forward progress (meaning god knows when we'll get our 100% drop rate on 1st clear) is what is making nutaku bad. no revivals and we wouldn't had anything to complain about if they went ahead and had another new event, but having our second revival and no new event IS something to complain about.

Eab1990
10-10-2016, 03:41 AM
And no new event again.

Well, I think I've about hit my limit. I'm tired of placing my complaints and being ignored.

If you guys have spoken up as well, feel free to continue to do so.

If not, then what the ungodly fuck is wrong with you.

Either way, there's little hope left for this game at this rate. If Dev Tea wants to continue being shitty and Nutaku still doesn't want to lift a finger to do anything about it, then that's how it's going to be.

Koshka
10-10-2016, 04:19 AM
And no new event again.

Well, I think I've about hit my limit. I'm tired of placing my complaints and being ignored.

If you guys have spoken up as well, feel free to continue to do so.

If not, then what the ungodly fuck is wrong with you.

Either way, there's little hope left for this game at this rate. If Dev Tea wants to continue being shitty and Nutaku still doesn't want to lift a finger to do anything about it, then that's how it's going to be.
Then why do you continue to play this hopeless game? Just drop it, and your weekly source of frustrations will disappear.

Kinkoid
10-10-2016, 07:50 AM
Then why do you continue to play this hopeless game? Just drop it, and your weekly source of frustrations will disappear.

Come on, you know it's not easy to stop this kind of addiction.
I've been playing Aigis for over a year and even though I lost any reason to play, I continue to max my characters and spend golds to go through any frustration wall.
Honestly, it's been a part of the learning curve about become a game developer... but well you start by "spending time studying other games" and you always end up addicted :)

Eab1990
10-10-2016, 08:07 AM
It's not even an addiction, it's more of an impulsion at this point.

I hated wasting stamina last time I semi-dropped the game (first Odette break), but that was back before we had auto-complete and stuff, so I at least had the excuse of laziness that time. Now, I can still login, autorun, afk dailies, etc. and basically be done in half an hour tops, while continuing to give no fucks about anything else since there's fuck-all to do otherwise.

Right now, the most tedious thing is figuring out who to drop my fodder into and level, because I'm seriously running out of characters to work on. I suppose I need better males to get a better strat for Toast to Men X, but that's about it.

buttlover
10-10-2016, 08:26 AM
Come on, you know it's not easy to stop this kind of addiction.
I've been playing Aigis for over a year and even though I lost any reason to play, I continue to max my characters and spend golds to go through any frustration wall.
Honestly, it's been a part of the learning curve about become a game developer... but well you start by "spending time studying other games" and you always end up addicted :)

Time to develop an aigis clone and make $$$ off the frustrated audience while releasing your addicting ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kinkoid
10-10-2016, 08:56 AM
Time to develop an aigis clone and make $$$ off the frustrated audience while releasing your addicting ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ah, If I was rich with tons of genius developers in the team, there're so many cool stuff I would do :). But actually cloning Aigis would be less appealing than investing in VR games... :-D

Ramazan
10-10-2016, 12:44 PM
We always post stuff to support team, is there a way to somehow send a letter to jap devs, is anybody tried it at least? Tho im sure they wont give a fuck (im speaking like they dont know the situation lol) Well forget it -__-

Unregistered
10-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Continuing to complain to Nutaku, who at least "claim" there is nothing they can do, even after the shitstorm following last announcement isn't going to change anything. It's a waste of your time and customer support's (if they are even bothering to process those). If whales would just stop spending it would force something to change if they want the revenue.

MalusCorvus
10-10-2016, 04:00 PM

I'm not actually a game designer, just a game dreamer, but I imagine it does wonders to play games with terrible devs and think, "How can I not do this?"

slyyr
10-10-2016, 09:21 PM
Aaand this is why I played pointless masochism farming the single mage I needed tp CC Belinda because I knew they'd pull another break week on us...

Next "event" will be a subjugation (probably a repeat of the last one) just to rub salt in the wounds. Or another revival as others have predicted.

lolix
10-10-2016, 09:26 PM
Aaand this is why I played pointless masochism farming the single mage I needed tp CC Belinda because I knew they'd pull another break week on us...

Next "event" will be a subjugation (probably a repeat of the last one) just to rub salt in the wounds. Or another revival as others have predicted.

id love revivals. The first 5-6 events had probably the best event units in the game....and excluding belinda , ive missed all till odette on both my old account and on my new one

Unregistered
10-10-2016, 11:34 PM
I think most would @lolix, but we'd also like new events since those revivals will be afk content and give great units that will boost a lot of people's armies. Even running new event, revival, new event, revival, wouldn't be terrible for a couple of months considering those early great event units and this god awful current event pace.

slyyr
10-11-2016, 07:51 AM
Don't get me wrong I like the revivals too. But there is new content we could be getting instead or alongside them. DMM floods you with things to do while we have too many breaks.

Boredom makes players leave or be less active, as evidenced by Aigis falling out of the top 5 games. Plus you don't catch up by going even slower.

A Time to Screw
10-11-2016, 07:45 PM
If whales would just stop spending it would force something to change if they want the revenue.

The only thing that'll do is make them axe the game and shut down service, lol.

They've already did that with 3 of their past games.

Basically, our choices are:

1. Shitty service built on false advertising, lies and deceit
2. Shut the game down

The pattern of Nutaku is quite clear when it comes to their online web games. Hype up a new game, keep it alive as long as possible, then move on to something else when the well dries up. Pretty much every game they've localized so far ends up broken or abandoned in one way or another.

Flower Knight Girl is probably only exception so far. And it isn't because Nutaku is doing a good job with it, but rather the natural developments and player friendly atmosphere of the game itself.
It hurts to see FKG player praise nutaku for game mechanics/rewards that are simply nothing more than expected mechanics brought on by the actual DMM game devs.

Nutaku have since expanded their service to include one-time-pay eroge now. So it looks to me their trying to get away from the initial online game infamy and change their service to something more immediately lucrative.

Unregistered
10-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Nutaku have since expanded to service to include one-time-pay eroge now. So it looks to me their trying to get away from the initial online game infamy and change their service to something more immediately lucrative.

Personally, I think when they tried to take over, the nutaku team realized the amount of resources they had to commit for aigis and gave up a couple of months in, handing it back to the aigis devs to edit the code until it is easier for them to handle it by themselves hence the HUGE wait times.

We had to wait 3 hours for no updates, pretty sure it isn't no updates but the devs having to do background coding to make it "easy" for the lazy nutaku people. Until they get an easy to implement system like FKG did for them, we will probably have to wait. It seems like the code to implement events for aigis is harder than other games.

But like how cancer it is on this forum, we will always blame the aigis devs for everything we don't know.

ZeroZet
10-11-2016, 11:07 PM
Flower Knight Girl is probably their longest living web game so far. And it isn't because Nutaku is doing a good job with it, but rather the natural developments and player friendly atmosphere of the game itself.
It hurts to see FKG player praise nutaku for game mechanics/rewards that are simply nothing more than expected mechanics brought on by the actual DMM game devs.Aigis is. After all, it was one of the very first games on portal.

From what I heard, stamina-refund mechanics was Nutaku's own invention (hence the random stamina bugs wave on that time). Autorun as well. :rolleyes:

I'll take "lazy nutaku people" doing FKG support over current NAigis devs in a heartbeat.:p

Eab1990
10-11-2016, 11:51 PM

Basically, out choices are:

2. Shut the game down

The pattern of Nutaku is quite clear when it comes to their online web games. Hype up a new game, keep it alive as long as possible, then move on to something else when the well dries up. Pretty much every game they've localized so far ends up broken or abandoned in one way or another.

Flower Knight Girl is probably their longest living web game so far. And it isn't because Nutaku is doing a good job with it, but rather the natural developments and player friendly atmosphere of the game itself.
It hurts to see FKG player praise nutaku for game mechanics/rewards that are simply nothing more than expected mechanics brought on by the actual DMM game devs.

Nutaku have since expanded to service to include one-time-pay eroge now. So it looks to me their trying to get away from the initial online game infamy and change their service to something more immediately lucrative.

Like I said in the other thread, FKG Nutaku has its perks that DMM does not have.

To our knowledge, Nutaku also has yet to shut down a game directly under their control (not counting the 3D bingo/slot games which obviously clashed with the rest of the site).

LoV was not under Nutaku, and DTM/DS were not only not under Nutaku, but apparently the devs were going to pull the game regardless of revenue, and refused Nutaku's offer to take over the game. Meanwhile, Angelic Saga and Quiz of Valkyrie are still afloat, despite their obvious lack of popularity. GK... could probably be a lot better, so I hear. Not sure how Hitsuji is still kicking. Osawari and Pero are obviously still popular. I think DP and IW aren't under Nutaku. Kanpani has seen better days, they definitely dropped the ball on this one somehow.

Anyway, I'm all for Nutaku bashing when they deserve it, but at least get the record straight on that much. Of course, there's always room for improvement, but FKG is probably the best game they've handled yet, so they at least deserve credit for that.

That said, Aigis is basically dead in the water. If two Odette-sized breaks did nothing to their revenue and dissuade them to change their ways, the whole "not spending" idea isn't going to make a difference either.

Ramazan
10-12-2016, 12:35 AM

Basically, out choices are:

2. Shut the game down

Huh? Whatcha talking about. Dont you know there are still future online games coming in? Ofc their numbers are lesser than downloadable ones, the reason is not very obvious but im sure its not because of grabbing money cuz online ones do it better than them i think *looks at fkg and iwz* And we already seen some of the downloadable content, they seem to bought the rights to sell it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I think when they tried to take over, the nutaku team realized the amount of resources they had to commit for aigis and gave up a couple of months in, handing it back to the aigis devs to edit the code until it is easier for them to handle it by themselves hence the HUGE wait times.

We had to wait 3 hours for no updates, pretty sure it isn't no updates but the devs having to do background coding to make it "easy" for the lazy nutaku people. Until they get an easy to implement system like FKG did for them, we will probably have to wait. It seems like the code to implement events for aigis is harder than other games.

But like how cancer it is on this forum, we will always blame the aigis devs for everything we don't know.

I "hope" you're right, tho that word lost its meaning here already. They seem to did what you said, like they first tried to learning the coding of aigis then they realised how hard it is. Still they did not say anything about a future takeover and implied dmm devs gonna continue their shit.

ToTeras
10-12-2016, 06:26 AM
That's my impression too. They tried to take over, realized they couldn't do it or didn't pass DMM's tests or whatever so the deal was off. If it was lies all along then there is no explanation for the summer's lack of activities.

I sure hope we'll not go into an event/brake/revival/brake cycle though, as much as I want the missed event units. That would be so lame for the veterans.

IvanLedah21
10-12-2016, 06:48 AM
Like I said in the other thread, FKG Nutaku has its perks that DMM does not have.

To our knowledge, Nutaku also has yet to shut down a game directly under their control (not counting the 3D bingo/slot games which obviously clashed with the rest of the site).

LoV was not under Nutaku, and DTM/DS were not only not under Nutaku, but apparently the devs were going to pull the game regardless of revenue, and refused Nutaku's offer to take over the game. Meanwhile, Angelic Saga and Quiz of Valkyrie are still afloat, despite their obvious lack of popularity. GK... could probably be a lot better, so I hear. Not sure how Hitsuji is still kicking. Osawari and Pero are obviously still popular. I think DP and IW aren't under Nutaku. Kanpani has seen better days, they definitely dropped the ball on this one somehow.

Anyway, I'm all for Nutaku bashing when they deserve it, but at least get the record straight on that much. Of course, there's always room for improvement, but FKG is probably the best game they've handled yet, so they at least deserve credit for that.

That said, Aigis is basically dead in the water. If two Odette-sized breaks did nothing to their revenue and dissuade them to change their ways, the whole "not spending" idea isn't going to make a difference either.

For the ones you don't seem so sure of:
Angelic Saga: IMO it's kept afloat due to the pvp mechanic and the fact to excel there you ALMOST have to whale, and whaling in that game requires a boatload of money.
Quiz of Valkyrie: IDK how it's still afloat, honestly, but maybe some people like quiz games enough to spend, who knows?
Girls Kingdom: All but abandoned. They put in new girls to draw in money but they're recycling old events, some events are lasting WAY past when they're supposed to end, there were screw-ups with core game mechanics, it's a complete mess.
Hitsuji Chronicles: Was running well until about two weeks ago when they abruptly stopped bringing new events with no word whatsoever. They DID re-use two old events but eh, but on the bright side they brought out two new regions to explore last week.

Anyways, MWA has been around the longest, but if they don't find SOME way to make DMM care, they're going to lose the vets due to lack of new content. The way it's going, they're going to live off newer players who have a lot of to do, but once those reach "endgame", for lack of a better word for where vets are, they're going to realize there's almost nothing to do (unless Nutaku finds a way to work with DMM devs by then)

Ramazan
10-12-2016, 07:03 AM
What about "future" newbie gamers when todays newbies reach to the endgame and figures out those things. Its a very decent spending cycle i give them that. Spending never ends unless core of the game change.

Eab1990
10-12-2016, 07:17 AM
I'd still be playing Saga if they made tourneys not-so-grindy, but it looked like it was never going to change, so it goes. I enjoyed the gameplay, but not enough to be playing more than one 20-minute-long match every tourney.

Quiz would actually be a decent time-waster if it was more casual (seems like Crush Crush is currently filling that void instead). The LoV leveling mechanics really don't help it though.

Sucks to hear about GK. That probably doesn't bode well for Aigis either if Nutaku ever took control of it, but we're somehow at the point where they would be the lesser of two evils.

Legit surprised about Hitsuji. Its poor launch after two events was enough for me to drop it.

IvanLedah21
10-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Hitsuji was supposedly abandoned by its own developers. There's an intended mechanic that was never implemented by them. Nutaku took over (supposedly) but it hasn't gone very far in the last two weeks, then again we got two new regions to explore so eh. Of course, I'd take just the 2nd half of Eastern Kingdom right now over NOTHING >.<

Eab1990
10-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Yeah, my impression of it was that the devs didn't give any fucks about it to begin with. Curious to see Nutaku pick up the slack, somehow.

IvanLedah21
10-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Yeah, my impression of it was that the devs didn't give any fucks about it to begin with. Curious to see Nutaku pick up the slack, somehow.

About 3-4 events ago, there was a noticeable change in the artwork, which presumably was due to Nutaku taking over completely at that point.

slyyr
10-12-2016, 07:19 PM
If we are going into prediction territory...

I can see Pero Pero falling away as Idol Wars Z feels like a better version of the same gameplay. Better rewards for busy work, no slot machine to sit through because skip button, better H content thats worth the hard road to unlocking, excellent team play. Unless they have added some stuff since I dropped playing Pero its a dinosaur by comparison. The music has always been fantastic though.

The one thing Aigis has going for it is nothing else on Nutaku matches its gameplay or replaces it. You may come for the H content but the gameplay is what keeps you going.

Any other games that are comparable in gameplay to each other on Nutaku? How do you rate them against each other?

soranokira
10-12-2016, 07:21 PM
GK was supposedly already handed over to nutaku, and nutaku's 'team' is supposedly trying to save it, though there were lots of game issues from what i heard. Only other games I can really comment about are FKG and Aigis, and as we all know Aigis hasn't really gotten any solid improvements (many breaks, no TP rotation, missing units, occasionally shit translation, revival in place of an event which I can't really say it's a plus), while FKG is mostly going at a similar pace to DMM FKG (not too many drastic deviations aside from stamina compensation and auto-run function)

as for spending in aigis, i doubt it will ever really stop. Most spenders just go 'oh hey new event, new unit! let's just spend a few bucks to try roll. (less than hundred) it's only a few bucks, I earn thousands anyway!'. In fact, apparently 3% in Aigis are already good rates...almost every other game now with a gacha function have their top rarity harder to get than Aigis's 3% blacks and 10% plat. (FKG 0.5% rainbow, 6% gold ; brave girl ravens https://gyazo.com/1c72521e6025938d37658730cf0dc377 )

ToTeras
10-13-2016, 03:43 AM
I enjoy Hitsuji. It's the only (I think) game were you can actually play during combat. The items are acquired by drops and not some abstract luck-based crafting system like in Kanpani. They don't need costly upgrades like in FKG. Girls gain XP by fighting and not silly combining with other girls like in Aigis or boring Manyou farming like in FKG. I consider the game a proper, if simplistic, RPG. The interface is a mess and having to deal with excess items reminded me of turning dozens of worthless items into medi-gel in Mass Effect. But there were constant updates until the last weeks, the girls look nice and I'm generally having fun.

IvanLedah21
10-13-2016, 06:54 AM
I enjoy Hitsuji. It's the only (I think) game were you can actually play during combat. The items are acquired by drops and not some abstract luck-based crafting system like in Kanpani. They don't need costly upgrades like in FKG. Girls gain XP by fighting and not silly combining with other girls like in Aigis or boring Manyou farming like in FKG. I consider the game a proper, if simplistic, RPG. The interface is a mess and having to deal with excess items reminded me of turning dozens of worthless items into medi-gel in Mass Effect. But there were constant updates until the last weeks, the girls look nice and I'm generally having fun.

True to this, but the lack of events has turned me off quite a bit.

@Sora: GK's core mechanics had flaws, and the Nutaku team had no clue what they were doing. The matchmaking system for Versus mode has been broken from the start, and recently a defensive battle event went completely screwy since the last battle was almost unwinnable so when people complained they made one of the most ridiculous nerfs in gaming history (a unit that was incredibly useful and also the only one that could go up against a unit type that was nearly invincible without special move use got nerfed into oblivion) because that unit was plentiful in the final battle. Instead of nerfing the unit, they could have simply reduced the number of it in the final battle but no, they went and screwed with its core mechanics. Nutaku has recycled old events repeatedly while introducing new units as a clear cash grab.

TLDR: GK's situation is even worse than MWA because the lack of new events is the same, but GK is entirely dependent on a team that doesn't understand its core programming and clearly doesn't even play-test changes before making them, or rather, doesn't even play the game at all. MWA is simply dependent on (presumably) DMM feeling motivated to toss us a bone and Nutaku attempting to get something more.

Ericridge
10-13-2016, 06:36 PM
Nutaku's Exclusive cards for Angelic Saga made me stop spending money on the game because I don't want to pull those cards with terrible art from gacha. Its a nightmare. Thus only solution is to not spend money anymore and I don't have to worry about pulling those cards. Have you even seen them? Its like they was drawn by people who thinks cartoons is only for little kids.

Unregistered
10-17-2016, 03:51 AM
Well,
Liana's totes skipped.
I guess figuring out some legit way of compensating players that have her is too much to ask of Dev Tea, so they took the easy way out.

Jay Rich
10-17-2016, 05:46 AM
Well,
Liana's totes skipped.
I guess figuring out some legit way of compensating players that have her is too much to ask of Dev Tea, so they took the easy way out.

Yeah it would feel like a rip off of a black unit if her event just came out. I got her through shrine and was curious on how her event would work seeing as she was a shrine unit. So I don't think she will get her event even as a revival seeing as she is a shrine summon.

I know there are people that want her and where looking forward to her event, though I was not one of them as it would be a waste of getting her from a shrine summon even if it had the perk of having her before the event.

kayfabe
10-17-2016, 07:00 AM
It still doesn't seem like a great option compared to everyone feeling ripped off.

Nero010
10-17-2016, 07:07 AM
Theres no other option to instantly cure paralysis (which is a niche but usefull ability) under any circumstances like for example units that self paralyse or units paralysed by a vampire etc.
There simply isnt. Such niche options are delivered via event so that everyone gets a chance to obtain them (as events are there to fill niches). Saying there is no Liana is forbiding every single player on the english aigis a whole niche strategie. (As well as the only event healer far outside there close to us).

Eab1990
10-17-2016, 07:10 AM
Wouldn't be the first time we've been denied a basic strategy.

>no Mischa
>no mincosted Katie/Cloris
>no gold archers aside from Stray

etc

Nero010
10-17-2016, 07:14 AM
Dont forget shao. I actualy used her befor i got spica and soon after ritas event as i was just starting when Shao/Shukas event came around. She was plenty usefull.

Eab1990
10-17-2016, 07:16 AM
I did forget Shao, though by the time we got her, I imagine most people have adapted to the lack of good, easily-available archers.

IvanLedah21
10-17-2016, 07:22 AM
I did forget Shao, though by the time we got her, I imagine most people have adapted to the lack of good, easily-available archers.

Spica is excellent, Bashira is the automatic first draw for new players. That's a very good combo of easily available archers... The only others above silver are Stray (meh), Victoria (meh), Nanaly (OP black, rare for a reason) and event ones (Rika and Shuka) who are more niche (can't be targeted and assassinate gambling)

Eab1990
10-17-2016, 07:31 AM
Spica is excellent, Bashira is the automatic first draw for new players. That's a very good combo of easily available archers... The only others above silver are Stray (meh), Victoria (meh), Nanaly (OP black, rare for a reason) and event ones (Rika and Shuka) who are more niche (can't be targeted and assassinate gambling)

Talking about year one when people's first draw was Kerry and demon crystals weren't quite so easily farmable for a time.

IvanLedah21
10-17-2016, 11:46 AM
Talking about year one when people's first draw was Kerry and demon crystals weren't quite so easily farmable for a time.

Ah, well then, in that case, I can see that situation being a lack of "good, easily available archers"

Anyways, new event seems interesting enough. As for the Liana issue, I'd be satisfied if they just reduced her UC by 2 to bring her in line with her Nutaku premium status, since we clearly won't be getting her event anytime soon, if at all. They've made her a premium unit, that's fine, just bring her cost in line with that change.

lolix
10-17-2016, 12:29 PM
i wouldn't even care that much about event healers if they made chydys avaible again. Right now we have a serious lack of healer options.

IvanLedah21
10-17-2016, 03:11 PM
i wouldn't even care that much about event healers if they made chydys avaible again. Right now we have a serious lack of healer options.

Yeah... 3 silvers (Alissa, Dorca, Christopher), 2 golds (Robert, Iris), 1 platinum (Camilla) and 1 black (over-costed Liana). I suppose you could include Feng Shui (only Marr) but the rest are hybrids (Marius the Bishop, Ertel the Priest Warrior, etc.). Considering how vital healers are for harder content, having a few more options would be very nice.

Jay Rich
10-17-2016, 08:54 PM
It still doesn't seem like a great option compared to everyone feeling ripped off.

Theres no other option to instantly cure paralysis (which is a niche but usefull ability) under any circumstances like for example units that self paralyse or units paralysed by a vampire etc.
There simply isnt. Such niche options are delivered via event so that everyone gets a chance to obtain them (as events are there to fill niches). Saying there is no Liana is forbiding every single player on the english aigis a whole niche strategie. (As well as the only event healer far outside there close to us).

Don't get me wrong it would be ripping those who have her through summoning after spending their SC's to get her but also as you said denies those who can't spend SC on summon units or never get her some strategy options thus making maps harder. I would like to think that this is all planed in advance and they have plans to compensate players who don't get the chance to get her but the way things have been running lately I am not so sure about that.

buttlover
10-17-2016, 09:14 PM
Finally a good event unit after a good revival unit. FeelsGoodMan.

fromelette
10-17-2016, 09:39 PM
Quiz of Valkyrie: IDK how it's still afloat, honestly, but maybe some people like quiz games enough to spend, who knows?

Coming in quite late, but I think the main reason for QoV's fall (and maybe the reason that it isn't dead) is that the game was broken by the dev team in such a way that you have to make an effort to play. Want to use your strongest team? Sorry it probably has the multi-hit ability which will lock the game. Like playing with sound on? Then enjoy having to restart the game every time you find a valkyrie as the encounter music eternally loops over all other sounds. In for the silly story? Until a few weeks ago at least, chapter 4 was showing its text in japanese here. Want to level and become strong? QoV's way of handling power is based on getting valkyrie drops and farming event units/exp, but the last event was in... June I think? This ends up transforming the game in a weird grindfest.

I really get the impression that its only up because they know that would make those problems more visible, so it feels like they're waiting silently for people to forget about it. I really don't want this to happen to some other games like MWA (I might be terrible at it but I kinda enjoy seeing gameplay discussions here and MWA and IWZ seen to concentrate most of it). Though I really wonder if we can do anything, as most of the few messages the QoV discord gets are about the freezing bug, mostly asking for fixes and we've got nothing at all yet.

Drayvhen
10-17-2016, 10:30 PM
Yeah... 3 silvers (Alissa, Dorca, Christopher), 2 golds (Robert, Iris), 1 platinum (Camilla) and 1 black (over-costed Liana). I suppose you could include Feng Shui (only Marr) but the rest are hybrids (Marius the Bishop, Ertel the Priest Warrior, etc.). Considering how vital healers are for harder content, having a few more options would be very nice.

3 gold, you missed Fedora

IvanLedah21
10-18-2016, 07:08 AM
3 gold, you missed Fedora

Oh damn, I thought I missed someone, you're right, I forgot the sadistic dominatrix B**** lol

Eab1990
10-18-2016, 07:15 AM
The male healers are largely useless except for men-only maps too (I'm sorry Roberto, but ~300 attack AFTER getting boosted by Big Hero Prince and AW Aria/Uzume/Sherry won't cut it).

On the other hand, AW Shiho is godly.

ZeroZet
10-18-2016, 11:19 AM
The male healers are largely useless except for men-only maps too (I'm sorry Roberto, but ~300 attack AFTER getting boosted by Big Hero Prince and AW Aria/Uzume/Sherry won't cut it).

On the other hand, AW Shiho is godly.~300 attack? That's not how you spell OVER TWO THOUSAND! ;)
https://youtu.be/wpILyaJyrMM?t=48s

Eab1990
10-18-2016, 11:29 AM
~300 attack? That's not how you spell OVER TWO THOUSAND! ;)
https://youtu.be/wpILyaJyrMM?t=48s

WHAT, TWO THOUSAND?

*crushes scouter*

(but yeah, point stands otherwise)