PDA

View Full Version : FKG Causing Threat Alerts from Avast

Zandel
10-20-2016, 04:19 AM
So as of about 10 mins ago i'm getting all sorts of alerts about the flower knight girl game page saying it full of threats.
This has not been an issue before now.... anyone else having issues with the new banner they just added?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so after taking a deeper look the timing is not the banner but my latest Avast definitions update.... And it seems to think that FKG is a URL:MAL so malware basically.

Distortedrealms
10-20-2016, 04:35 AM
Yep getting this too. Very annoying. Malwarebytes detects nothing sinister only avast.

fromelette
10-20-2016, 08:36 AM
Avast is the king of false positives, so its highly likely it is one. I've got no alerts here.

Distortedrealms
10-20-2016, 10:25 AM
Yeah, just logged in again and its gone.

Zandel
10-21-2016, 12:53 AM
Avast is the king of false positives, so its highly likely it is one. I've got no alerts here.

That's an interesting statement. I have never gotten a false positive from Avast before and have found it to be one of the better options out there.

fromelette
10-22-2016, 12:25 AM
That's an interesting statement. I have never gotten a false positive from Avast before and have found it to be one of the better options out there.

Its not bad at all compared to other free AV software, but false positives happen quite frequently. I've used it for 3 years until 2013 and I stopped using after it had a false positive with PSO2, which was the second time it did btw. I already had had problems with its false positives in 2 other MMOs, a FPS, an indie game and a video editing software from what I can remember.

It's not a deal-breaker by itself and I'm no anti-Avast preacher, but the amount of false positives can be annoying.