PDA

View Full Version : What manga are you currently reading?

JessieChan
11-22-2016, 07:15 AM
Hey, let's talk about manga we are currently reading :)
Me, these days I'm reading classic Harem shonen OBVIOUSLY ;)
Fairy Tail
http://hd.wallpaperswide.com/thumbs/erza_3-t2.jpg
Love Hina
http://pre08.deviantart.net/0629/th/pre/f/2007/217/0/8/desktop___love_hina_by_the7k.jpg
And Fullmetal Alchemist
https://i.imgur.com/RqcUezS.jpg
(yeah, I am bragging up with my collection ;) )

Share your currently reading/favorite manga here.

Greetingz
11-22-2016, 11:31 AM
Not reading manga atm,
However, I plan to read Re: Zero's manga :D

Aymi
11-22-2016, 11:48 AM
Love Hina is a very fond souvenirs. I still got my collection and most of Ken Akamatsu mangas for that matter (Ai non stop, Love Hina and Negima).

I am reading ;
Freezing (my favorite of all time)
vs Earth
Platinum End
World Trigger
Seraph of the End
Terra for Mars
to name but a few

And when i say i read a manga, it means i buy the legal version in my country :)

Kinkoid
11-22-2016, 11:58 AM

Ah cool I love it too :) !
Spoiler > there's a possibility that one day we'll make a game with some Freezing inspiration. Not HaremHeroes, something else... yeah we have ideas :).
I basically like the idea of a Shonen Harem with the relationship "Limiter / Pandora"... it's pretty cool :).

As for my tastes in manga... I believe I've read most of the top300 most popular mangas. Big thanks to the scans :). But hey I'm like Aymi, I buy everything I find awesome.

Recently I've re-read FMA <3, but also BECK. Reading ongoing blockbusters OnePiece, Toriko... enjoyed Naruto & Bleach of course. Hunter X Hunter when the author is healthy enough to publish something :/. Dorohedoro. Gantz. Berserk of course. Ubel Blatt as a Berserk substitute. Seven Deadly sin. The Breaker (maybe they'll finish the serie?).
Oh I loved "Code Breaker" that was cool.
And "Air Gear" even though the last 1/3 is insanely absurd... but drawings are amazing, with some tasty fan service :).

Love Hina, Love R-U and any Harem manga are welcome.

If you have recommandation in Action / Ecchi manga, I'd be glad to read them :)

Aymi
11-22-2016, 01:17 PM
If you have recommandation in Action / Ecchi manga, I'd be glad to read them :)

Qwaser of stigmata, Maken-ki, Trinity seven, Bastard (when he remembers he has manga to write), Amaenaide yo!! (T'abuses Ikko), To Love ru and Darkness, Sekirei, Kuro hime, Elemental Gerard, Infinite Stratos just to open hostilities ^^

Evilmind
11-22-2016, 01:39 PM
Saint seiya, Dragon ball, FMA, I"s, Ikkitousen, Ubel blatt, Air gear, Battle royale, Death note, Saru lock, Kurokami, Till death do us part, City hunter, Angel heart, Highschool of the dead, Sun ken rock, Some U Jin, all of Tetsuya Tsutsui, Enfer et paradis, Zetman, Ikigami, Doubt and judge, Gantz...
To name a few i possess :D

And i don't take account of Animation.

Kinkoid
11-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Saint seiya, Dragon ball, FMA, I"s, Ubel blatt, Air gear, Battle royale, Death note, City hunter, Angel heart, Highschool of the dead, Sun ken rock, U Jin, Zetman, Gantz"

Ok all these, I love them :).
Sun ken Rock is totally awesome.
Ujin is of course the source of everything... we would probably never have created HaremHeroes if Ujin never wrote Hentai :-D.
Judge and Doubt to be honest I found it a bit blah... not bad but nothing special... I remember it was super popular a few years ago in France, it was everywhere in JapanExpo... I still don't get it :).

Zetman... and everything Katsura did... awesome :). I need to re-read video girl ai :-D !

mega94all
11-22-2016, 06:18 PM
Recently i like manga from /ak/ translation like

A Demotion Isn't That Bad
Chihoukishi Hans no Junan
E? Heibon Desu yo??
Gate - 4-koma
GATE: Where the JSDF Fought!
Isekai Tensei Soudouki
Moon-led Journey Across Another World
Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki
Overlord
Re:Monster
Spirit Migration
The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life
The New Gate
The Reincarnated One Doesn't Want to Cheat
Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki
World Customize Creator

:cool::cool::cool:

JessieChan
11-23-2016, 04:24 AM
Qwaser of stigmata, Maken-ki, Trinity seven, Bastard (when he remembers he has manga to write), Amaenaide yo!! (T'abuses Ikko), To Love ru and Darkness, Sekirei, Kuro hime, Elemental Gerard, Infinite Stratos just to open hostilities ^^

Thank you for this list. Which one is your favorite among them? :o

- - - Updated - - -

Saint seiya, Dragon ball, FMA, I"s, Ikkitousen, Ubel blatt, Air gear, Battle royale, Death note, Saru lock, Kurokami, Till death do us part, City hunter, Angel heart, Highschool of the dead, Sun ken rock, Some U Jin, all of Tetsuya Tsutsui, Enfer et paradis, Zetman, Ikigami, Doubt and judge, Gantz...
To name a few i possess :D

And i don't take account of Animation.

You have a great collection, which was the first one you got :eek:

Aymi
11-23-2016, 12:20 PM
In this short list i would say To Love Ru/Darkeness (both) and just behind Sekirei.

But i forgot my very first manga ; Ranma1/2 that i discovered back in 1992 (some of you may have not be born yet ;p). I have all the tomes in japanese (back in the 1990s there was no translation) and I still love them and her author Rumiko Takahashi (Urusei Yatsura or Lamu/Lum, Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku or Juliette je t'aime, Inu Yasha and now Rinne to name the most famous one).

Kinkoid
11-23-2016, 12:25 PM
In this short list i would say To Love Ru/Darkeness (both) and just behind Sekirei.

But i forgot my very first manga ; Ranma1/2 that i discovered back in 1992 (some of you may have not be born yet ;p). I have all the tomes in japanese (back in the 1990s there was no translation) and I still love them and her author Rumiko Takahashi (Urusei Yatsura or Lamu/Lum, Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku or Juliette je t'aime, Inu Yasha and now Rinne to name the most famous one).

Takahashi is a goddess !!!
What do you think of what she did after InuYasha? I've not read it...

Aymi
11-23-2016, 12:42 PM
I am less thrilled, but more because of the theme than her style.

Rinne revolves around a school girl who meets a poor boy who turns out to be a shinigami. He is without money because exorcism costs a lot in components and he has to pay for it. The story is both a school romance and a shinto themed one. Basically

Kinkoid
11-25-2016, 01:24 AM
I just started reading "Akame ga Kill" and it's a pretty sweet mix of action moral shonen + gore seinen + harem shonen.
They're going pretty far in the concept "and all female characters are going to love the hero, even the evil ones" :-D

Mattress
11-25-2016, 06:34 AM
I don't read much, I prefer watching anime. (there's not time to do both) Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii is the only exception.

JessieChan
11-25-2016, 06:39 AM
I don't read much, I prefer watching anime. (there's not time to do both) Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii is the only exception.

I am the opposite :p But I want to know Anime better, so..advice me :)

reacers
11-26-2016, 02:47 AM

- Fate/Stay Night
- Akame ga kill
- Kabaneri of the iron fortress
- Jormungand

Would start with those and the addiction will do the rest... ;)

Aymi
11-26-2016, 03:23 AM
Hard to tell, because anime are made according to theme and population target.

You may ever like romance, shônen (young men), shôjo (young lady), seinen (young adult), horror, ecchi and so many other subclasses of anime.
If you like a manga you may try to see its adaptation. But you have to know that most manga adapted in anime suffer from the transition. Many filler (which are most of the time the same stories but with other angles to let you think it is new), cuts from the original story to be able to screen on TV and it is quite rare that a whole manga is adapted till the end. It is the same thing with Light novels.

Anime are made to boost the DvD market and help people discover new series that they will then buy as the original product (LN, manga, eroge and so on).

Does that means that anime are to be avoided? Far from it.
Because, first there are a lot of good adaptations and sometimes better than the original product. Take Shingeki no Kyôjin (Attack on titans). The mangaka is terrible with a pen and has to learn what body proportion means (among other things). The anime helps to see this serie as the character design is quite good.
You may alos discover very good story that otherwise you would never have known. And of course, there are some original stories.

If you wish to watch some ecchi anime, you may want to watch ;
Japanese original title (in kanji) western title

* Cross Ange : Tenshi to Ryū no Rondo (クロスアンジュ 天使と竜の輪舞) CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon
* Masō Gakuen H×H (魔装学園H×H) Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia
* Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid (VALKYRIE DRIVE -MERMAID-) Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid
* IS : Infinite Stratos (インフィニット・ストラトス) IS : Infinite Stratos

So, if you have any theme that you want to explore feel free to ask.

Warning: I wil never ever use wapuro rômanji in my text as it is wrong to use it when writting. I use the official rômanji in order to translate japanese caracters.

JessieChan
11-29-2016, 03:42 AM
- Fate/Stay Night
- Akame ga kill
- Kabaneri of the iron fortress
- Jormungand

Would start with those and the addiction will do the rest... ;)

haha thank you, I will definitely check them all!
Your favorite amongst them?

- - - Updated - - -

Hard to tell, because anime are made according to theme and population target.

You may ever like romance, shônen (young men), shôjo (young lady), seinen (young adult), horror, ecchi and so many other subclasses of anime.
If you like a manga you may try to see its adaptation. But you have to know that most manga adapted in anime suffer from the transition. Many filler (which are most of the time the same stories but with other angles to let you think it is new), cuts from the original story to be able to screen on TV and it is quite rare that a whole manga is adapted till the end. It is the same thing with Light novels.

Anime are made to boost the DvD market and help people discover new series that they will then buy as the original product (LN, manga, eroge and so on).

Does that means that anime are to be avoided? Far from it.
Because, first there are a lot of good adaptations and sometimes better than the original product. Take Shingeki no Kyôjin (Attack on titans). The mangaka is terrible with a pen and has to learn what body proportion means (among other things). The anime helps to see this serie as the character design is quite good.
You may alos discover very good story that otherwise you would never have known. And of course, there are some original stories.

If you wish to watch some ecchi anime, you may want to watch ;
Japanese original title (in kanji) western title

* Cross Ange : Tenshi to Ryū no Rondo (クロスアンジュ 天使と竜の輪舞) CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon
* Masō Gakuen H×H (魔装学園H×H) Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia
* Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid (VALKYRIE DRIVE -MERMAID-) Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid
* IS : Infinite Stratos (インフィニット・ストラトス) IS : Infinite Stratos

So, if you have any theme that you want to explore feel free to ask.

Warning: I wil never ever use wapuro rômanji in my text as it is wrong to use it when writting. I use the official rômanji in order to translate japanese caracters.

Thank you, I enjoy both shonen and shojo, in fact I enjoy all subclasses except for horrors :/ I will search for the titles you gave me. I think I already saw the Mermaid, but its good to watch it twice, since it was long ago :D

reacers
11-29-2016, 10:02 AM
haha thank you, I will definitely check them all!
Your favorite amongst them?

Fate/Stay Night - but watch out, there is an ecchi version out there (like on netflix), but also a 18+ version with some more scenes.

There was just another ecchi anime that came up in my mind Samurai Girls 1 + 2, that was pretty much about a guy getting a harem and a dojo. It was funny and worth to watch.

Mattress
11-29-2016, 11:03 AM

It may seem a paradox but I really hate harem and ecchi, the majority of these are garbage. What kind of anime you're looking for?

JustNotFatal
11-30-2016, 01:36 AM
It may seem a paradox but I really hate harem and ecchi, the majority of these are garbage. What kind of anime you're looking for?

There are very few Harem that have any substance to them at all, they might've as well of been hentai. At least then it is excusable.

Kinkoid
01-21-2017, 06:26 AM
Hey little saturday bump ;)
Thanks to your advices I've recently read :
Re:Monster
Deathtopia
Akame Ga kill

And I'm currently reading:
Trinity 7
Highschool DXD

Re:Monster is really cool, but it's just starting right? I've found only +/- 20 chapters. But could be really nice if it goes on like this ;)
Akame Ga Kill was refreshing, some originallity was found which is rare in the shonen universe where most stories are repetitive... but it's a bit short ;).
DeathTopia is short and quite cool... but there I was happy that it'd finish early :)

I've started Trinity 7 today... the main story is soso but I like the ecchi in it... mainly because the ecchi is less in the drawing than in the story and situations, which is a rare fact ;)

What about you all ? Any recent nice readings or watchings to share :) ?

Greetingz
01-21-2017, 06:41 AM
Kinky :D

Trinity 7 also has a great anime, also ecchi but also focused on action and character build. Had to say it :D
Tho I am reading Re:zero rn, nothing with ecchi tho :o

Tomthe Bomb
08-12-2022, 09:57 PM
Love Hina is a very fond souvenirs. I still got my collection and most of Ken Akamatsu mangas for that matter (Ai non stop, Love Hina and Negima).

I am reading ;
vs Earth
Platinum End
World Trigger
Seraph of the End
Terra for Mars
to name but a few

And when i say i read a manga, it means i buy the legal version in my country :)

It is wonderful that you buy the legal version by doing so you know that you are supporting the artists that create these fantastic stories.
Play On TomThe Bomb