PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Rose Step-Up Gacha

Eab1990
12-15-2016, 04:26 AM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/164720104863563776/258915094493134849/unknown.png

NOT EVEN TWO DAYS LOL

Well, exclusivity issues aside, this step-up seems noticeably worse than previous gachas, since the chance for getting two, even one gold, has been significantly lowered.

Actually, scratch that, it IS worse. It's even worse than bridal Cactus, and that's a fucking accomplishment.

Step 1 has 6% gold, 30% silver, 60% bronze rates (so it's literally no different from a YOLO 5 FG roll lol).
Step 2 has 8% gold, 92% silver rates.
I did step 1 for kicks (not realizing the rates) and got Saffron Tulip.

Would not recommend this gacha unless you REALLY want Christmas Rose. I guess they needed to make up for how generous the Black Friday gacha deals were.

At least I can safely say I saved $50 with my last 11-roll then.

---

I'll just update this post with *the list*.

1. Ticket #1 (7/01 - 7/08): Anemone / Cactace / Cattleya / Dendrobium
2. Step-Up #1 (8/05 - 8/12): Random (up to and including Daisy)
3. Ticket #2 (8/12 - 8/19): Fritillaria / Sakura / Mei Plumblossom
4. Step-Up #2 (9/02 - 9/09): Kerria
5. Ticket #3 (9/08 - 9/17, player-voted): Alpinia / Anemone / Flowering Peach
6. Step-Up #3 (9/15 - 9/22): (Bridal) Cactace, $110 total
7. Ticket #4 (9/29 - 10/06): Cherry / Daisy / Dianthus
8. Step-Up #4 (10/06 - 10/13): Dogwood + ten $5 bonus steps for possible rainbow skill/dressbloom
9. Step-Up #5 (10/13 - 10/20): Black Baccara
10. Ticket #5 (10/20 - 10/27): Dendrobium / Ionocidium / Fritillaria
11. 5* Step-Up #1 (10/27 - 11/3): Four steps, $66 total, 1-2 random golds + a choice of any gold (prior to Lantana / Apple of Sodom)
12. 10+1 FG roll guaranteed gold special (11/3 - 11/10): Bridal Oncidium, 20% chance vs. 80% random gold
13. Early Black Friday (11/10 - 11/17): Sakura only, $30 single-roll
14. 5* Ticket #1 (11/17 - 11/24): Single roll, $30 each (up to three times), pick any gold (prior to Epidendrum / Snapdragon)
15. Black Friday ticket special (11/25 - 11/28): $10 11-roll, pick any rainbow except Lycoris / Bridal Oncidium
16. Step-Up #6 (12/2 - 12/9): Lycoris + $30 rainbow skill/dressbloom
17. Step-Up #7 (12/15 - 12/22): Christmas Rose + three steps, 1x secret gift each, NO guaranteed golds

Rupturez
12-15-2016, 04:34 AM
This deal is so bad I would almost consider it an april fools.

Not sure what they are thinking with this one.

Drip
12-15-2016, 04:39 AM
This deal is so bad I would almost consider it an april fools.

Not sure what they are thinking with this one.
Testing how many whales stick with FKG and how many moved to Sengoku Providence I guess.
I know I'm sticking with FKG, but then, I'm not a whale. More like a Tuna. Catgirls love Tuna.

Aidoru
12-15-2016, 04:40 AM
Any ideas what secret gifts are? Or is it their signature poor translations and it's just a secret present (which is a 30% affection gift)?

noheart09
12-15-2016, 04:42 AM
i saw this and i was like yeah 1000 for a 5*,then i read it again and i was like......................60 for just xmas rose? not happening guys,nice try though,see ya next xmas :P

Rupturez
12-15-2016, 04:43 AM
Any ideas what secret gifts are? Or is it their signature poor translations and it's just a secret present (which is a 30% affection gift)?

Yea it's that. 30% affection gift.

Basically this step up is:
1000 gold for a bronze
2000 gold for a silver
3000 for christmas rose.

30$ for a bronze + silver, with an extremely unlikely probability to get golds.

Not even many whales are going to take this deal. It's atleast 90% (can't be bothered to do the math) to pay 60$ for just a Christmas Rose.

Eab1990
12-15-2016, 04:44 AM
It says it right in the banner, though it should say "any Flower Knight", not "every". But yeah, it's basically worth three Silver Awards.

Aidoru
12-15-2016, 04:48 AM
It says it right in the banner, though it should say "any Flower Knight", not "every". But yeah, it's basically worth three Silver Awards.

Oh, my eyes must have just completely ignored it. Lol. Shows what happens when you wake up with only 4 hours of sleep in the middle of the night to check updates.

noheart09
12-15-2016, 04:59 AM
no,to be more honest,this deal is making me think: why do something like this? kk,maybe because of the black friday deal or the xmas rose lovers,but a deal like this is meaningless and i just cant understand it at all.
oh well if they are happy to lose customers like this.
pls if anyone understood the secret meaning(apart from just trying to make money out of whales) behind such a deal pls tell me.

makinaz
12-15-2016, 05:07 AM
This is setting an awful precedent in so many different ways. Just terrible, Nutaku.

Wutan
12-15-2016, 05:24 AM
Well I won't roll for her. I am not interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Testing how many whales stick with FKG and how many moved to Sengoku Providence I guess.
I know I'm sticking with FKG, but then, I'm not a whale. More like a Tuna. Catgirls love Tuna.

Yep i suspect the same. I am also sticking with FKG but if they drop FKG for this new Money Shit Train called Sengoku Providence i will have an alternative...

noheart09
12-15-2016, 05:27 AM
Well I won't roll for her. I am not interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep i suspect the same. I am also sticking with FKG but if they drop FKG for there new Money Shit Train i have an alternative...

and what would it be your 2nd option if i may ask ^^ ?

Wutan
12-15-2016, 05:34 AM
and what would it be your 2nd option if i may ask ^^ ?

I also play the DMM Version of FKG. I have got my Waifu there and overall the DMM experience is much better.
I have got much more gems, Stamina refills through Garden, 5* through 4* tickets, better Pulls in the Gacha etc.

noheart09
12-15-2016, 05:36 AM
I also play the DMM Version of FKG. I have got my Waifu there and overall the DMM experience is much better.
I have got so much gems, Stamina refills through Garden, 5* through 4* tickets, better Pulls in the Gacha etc.

you already got maple there?

Wutan
12-15-2016, 05:42 AM
you already got maple there?

Yep they have a Special Gacha (5000 DMM Points) atm. where you can choose any 6* and you can also roll a 10+1.
They also have a cheap Step Up Gacha where you can get random 5*.

Raine
12-15-2016, 06:05 AM
Wutan being rather impatient, even crossing DMM territory to get his waifu. :p :p :p

Things we do for the waifus.

Wutan
12-15-2016, 06:12 AM
Wutan being rather impatient, even crossing DMM territory to get his waifu. :p :p :p

Things we do for the waifus.

Yeah they changed the Event Schedule to much for my taste xd

But the Main Reason: It's always good to have a Plan B if Plan A fails :cool:

If anyone is interested:

That's my current Helper Squad btw:

Laurentia was my Starter 5* xd

Drip
12-15-2016, 06:23 AM
6,000 NGold for Step Up, or 3,906.25 NGold for Limited 1 10+1 Gacha Roll?
I think I'll take my chances on the Limited 1.

Limited 1 results are in: Japanese Iris and Bipina Cosmos (not a dupe, so you won't hear me complain!)

makinaz
12-15-2016, 06:27 AM
6,000 NGold for Step Up, or 3,906.25 NGold for Limited 1 10+1 Gacha Roll?
I think I'll take my chances on the Limited 1.

If you actually intended to get Christmas Rose, that would be foolish.

Drip
12-15-2016, 06:30 AM
If you actually intended to get Christmas Rose, that would be foolish.
Only if that was the only girl I wanted, but I want Poinsetia at least as much (didn't get her though, but with the StepUp, I was guaranteed not to get her)

Myrdin
12-15-2016, 06:35 AM
no,to be more honest,this deal is making me think: why do something like this? kk,maybe because of the black friday deal or the xmas rose lovers,but a deal like this is meaningless and i just cant understand it at all.
oh well if they are happy to lose customers like this.
pls if anyone understood the secret meaning(apart from just trying to make money out of whales) behind such a deal pls tell me.

To be completely honest, this feels to me as if Nutaku had schizophrenia. I mean consider this. The sheer difference in the deals they offer. Once in a time they put a really good deal that even non paying (normally) players take, and other times they completely contradict this understanding of the market with nonsensical rubbish like this.
It doesnt feel consistent enough to be the doings of one person. More like multiple people are trying to pull the ropes at the same time. If we are lucky the more sensible one who understand at least a bit of market logic win the draw and we get a good deal, but most often than not, some "get rich fast - has no idea how it works in actuallity" asshole comes on top.
Coz I dont believe a single person could be doing this, unless of course they had a split personality dissorder or some other mental demerit of their own. Its just to damn inconsistent.

Wutan
12-15-2016, 06:39 AM
Nutaku be like: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly :p

Unregistered
12-15-2016, 06:50 AM
To be completely honest, this feels to me as if Nutaku had schizophrenia. I mean consider this. The sheer difference in the deals they offer. Once in a time they put a really good deal that even non paying (normally) players take, and other times they completely contradict this understanding of the market with nonsensical rubbish like this.
It doesnt feel consistent enough to be the doings of one person. More like multiple people are trying to pull the ropes at the same time. If we are lucky the more sensible one who understand at least a bit of market logic win the draw and we get a good deal, but most often than not, some "get rich fast - has no idea how it works in actuallity" asshole comes on top.
Coz I dont believe a single person could be doing this, unless of course they had a split personality dissorder or some other mental demerit of their own. Its just to damn inconsistent.

Think about this logically. Do you really think that $10 for a little piece of digital information is a "good deal"? It isn't even that much of data, and certainly isn't giving you access to more game. I would consider $10 quite an expensive item in ANY game's cash shop.

Yet by deals like these ones, when a "cheap" one comes up, you guys start snatching them up desperately, because of how "good" the deal is.

Rupturez
12-15-2016, 07:02 AM
Think about this logically. Do you really think that $10 for a little piece of digital information is a "good deal"? It isn't even that much of data, and certainly isn't giving you access to more game. I would consider $10 quite an expensive item in ANY game's cash shop.

Yet by deals like these ones, when a "cheap" one comes up, you guys start snatching them up desperately, because of how "good" the deal is.

No it's not really a good deal, but when you go clubbing 4 beers will cost you $10 as well, which is still a bad deal but you'll do it anyway. I don't mind small investments in a hobby I enjoy, but I steer clear from outrageous deals like the current one.

Myrdin
12-15-2016, 07:03 AM

There is truth in what you say. I mean 10 bucks is more then expensive when it comes to a bloody DLC which usually tend to add either multiple hours of gameplay or a lot of new content.
Here you get a.... single Girl... So yeh, what you say is correct. However compared to the usual insane cost they tend to display its much more agreeable.

Unregistered
12-15-2016, 07:12 AM
Right guys, that's what I meant. What I said might've sounded a bit rude, but my point was that if they always had the $10 6*, then you wouldn't think that's cheap anymore. You might even think about passing on some of them. $10 for JUST an ugly christmas rose with no guaranteed 5*? That's robbery! But a $3 6* would sound like a great deal.

It's all relative. Unless you're a real whale (probably in the tens of millions in networth), you'll be psychologically affected by this. To them, there is 0 marginal cost of giving you a 6*. But they want to make as much profit as possible, so the sacrifice some days to make bank on other days.

That said, I'm not sure if this was a smart move right before christmas, the time when they'll probably get the most sales

Eab1990
12-15-2016, 07:13 AM

Again, these kinds of transactions have been the norm for a while now, no matter where you look. It's been in MMOs for ages, it's creeping into mainstream games like COD and Overwatch, and it's what keeps mobage afloat. Some people value virtual waifus that come with cute attack animations with HCGs, some would prefer to marry their shipgirls, some want the hottest/most broken unit in the game, etc. Extend that to people who buy figures, dakis, and whatever else on your shelf and in your room that looks pretty but doesn't actually do anything, and it's not hard to see a connection.

Or like Rupturez says, take-out and beers only provide a few hours of satisfaction at best, but people do it all the time anyway.

And this is going to very quickly approach the slippery slope of "how is any hobby *worth* anything", so we'll leave it at that and go back to how bad of a deal this is, even if you like some good-old Wazakita art.

Right guys, that's what I meant. What I said might've sounded a bit rude, but my point was that if they always had the $10 6*, then you wouldn't think that's cheap anymore. You might even think about passing on some of them. $10 for JUST an ugly christmas rose with no guaranteed 5*? That's robbery! But a $3 6* would sound like a great deal.

It's all relative. Unless you're a real whale (probably in the tens of millions in networth), you'll be psychologically affected by this. To them, there is 0 marginal cost of giving you a 6*. But they want to make as much profit as possible, so the sacrifice some days to make bank on other days.

That said, I'm not sure if this was a smart move right before christmas, the time when they'll probably get the most sales

That makes more sense. I mentioned before how a few people were complaining about the $15/$30 skill/dressblooms in the shop being too expensive, and considering that golds were recently priced at $30 in a step-up, and rainbows are typically $50/$60, paying half that or a little over half that for essentially half a dupe isn't a bad deal at all.

But some people got used to the Black Friday sales and were somehow hoping for $5/$10 blooms instead, which if that happened would just fuck with our perception of a gold/rainbow's given value and hurt sales in the long run.

Unregistered
12-15-2016, 07:20 AM
I'm not judging. When I make my millions, I'm gonna spend thousands on virtual games like these too once in a while just for the giggles. Why not?

I was coming from the perspective of economics and psychology. If you don't have a "bad deal" to compare with, you won't know what is a "good deal". All these companies care about is ARPU and they'll try everything they can to maximize that value.

Eab1990
12-15-2016, 07:36 AM
While true, I'd hope that this far down the line, we'd already have a perception of what is a bad deal.

Nobody asked for them to one-up the terrible "deal" that was the bridal Cactus gacha, and we certainly didn't need it after several good Black Friday sales either.

Dorei0sama
12-15-2016, 08:53 AM
This is not even worth the money, the girl is butt ugly. Just observe fkg's discord, you will know that quite a few people buy Lycoris on last gacha, something that a few people will get no matter what price it is as long as they have enough money ;) (got to get that waifu), maybe this justify that they will likely keep this price tag on longterm. Other thing is they wont change their price if they are not short on cash. Sengoku providence comes right after black friday, coincidence?.

Eab1990
12-15-2016, 09:00 AM
So many people with bad taste and/or no appreciation for Wazakita art.

Sure, Dianthus is probably drawn more... tastefully, shall we say, but Christmas Rose is cute too. And lewd. Lewdness is important.

Wutan
12-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Besides Waifu taste this deal is the worst they ever made. I have stalked Discord today and even some Hardcore Whales are pissed about that.

What's with the Special Gacha Schedule btw? Shouldn't be Nerine's, Bride Oncidium's and Victoria's Special Gacha released first?

I mean i understand the reason behind the Lycoris Step Up Gacha at least a little bit: Many guys consider her a Waifu and crushed on her in the Discord Chat but this Step Up Gacha makes no sense for the playerbase...

Dorei0sama
12-15-2016, 09:21 AM
So many people with bad taste and/or no appreciation for Wazakita art.

Sure, Dianthus is probably drawn more... tastefully, shall we say, but Christmas Rose is cute too. And lewd. Lewdness is important.

Maybe i am just too harsh judging her beauty. She seems like a short elf on Christmas. Her cloth is a bit twisted and weird. I also like loli like justicia and Apricot. Christmas rose is just not the top waifu... I also like Dianthus as second rate waifu.

Myrdin
12-15-2016, 09:36 AM
Maybe i am just too harsh judging her beauty. She seems like a short elf on Christmas. Her cloth is a bit twisted and weird. I also like loli like justicia and Apricot. Christmas rose is just not the top waifu... I also like Dianthus as second rate waifu.

I dont particularly fancy her either, so have no worries.

Rupturez
12-15-2016, 09:38 AM

Nah it's definitely one of the worst looking loli's. I don't really fancy loli's but atleast if they are cute like Holly they have some redeeming qualities. As far as I'm concerned, Christmas Rose has no redeeming qualities at all.

Unregistered4143
12-15-2016, 09:38 AM
Lewdness is important.

Truth was spoken, wish we had more cameltoes, pantyshots and such. It's a H game afterall (and those things are even present on the safe version, lol).

Wutan
12-15-2016, 09:48 AM
Winter Rose has no redeeming qualities at all.

This Girl wants to talk with you Rupturez ;)

Eab1990
12-15-2016, 09:51 AM
Christmas Rose is the Flower Knight, Winter Rose is the winter-themed nation.

Winter Rose is home to the Cattleya mansion and where Daisy hails from, so it can't be a bad place.

Wutan
12-15-2016, 09:54 AM
Ah i see it. He edited his post.
I see you Rupturez :o

Camellia is happy again :)

Anyways at the current Situation i am really curious what they pull out of there asses on Christmas xd

Rupturez
12-15-2016, 09:56 AM
Ah i see it. He edited his post.
I see you Rupturez :o

Anyways at the current Situation i am really curious what they pull out of there asses on Christmas xd

I realised the mistake at first but thought it was obvious what I meant so I didn't feel the need to edit it. After two people emphasized it I decided to edit it.

Wutan
12-15-2016, 10:02 AM
I realised the mistake at first but thought it was obvious what I meant so I didn't feel the need to edit it. After two people emphasized it I decided to edit it.

It's all in good fun, my friend :)
I know that Camellia was your Secretary before you have got Kerria ;)

Dorei0sama
12-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Nah it's definitely one of the worst looking loli's. I don't really fancy loli's but atleast if they are cute like Holly they have some redeeming qualities. As far as I'm concerned, Christmas Rose has no redeeming qualities at all.

When you know that many fkg have no boobs and being half beast half human :D.

AgentFakku
12-15-2016, 11:59 AM
Not too surprised. There are good and bad deals. While console gaming has DLC and microtransactions creep in, most folks don't accept it. For games like these and mobile games, these things run on it. At least, we don't have pay to play the game. There were games where if you want to play online, you have to pay a subscription. It all depends on what you want.

I won't go for this Gacha. I already spent over 100 dollars on the game before realizing I should look closely at the Gachas when I was new player starting this year in the summer.

Still paid on Gachas, the good ones. 30 Dollars on Sakura just to get a 2nd Sakura to free a slot and the Black Friday Deal for 10 dollars. It's forums like these that make me be smart with spending money. Wished I discovered this forum.

Oh well, I don't regret spending over 100 dollars since I like the waifus in this game.

XDrakeX
12-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Besides Waifu taste this deal is the worst they ever made. I have stalked Discord today and even some Hardcore Whales are pissed about that.

What's with the Special Gacha Schedule btw? Shouldn't be Nerine's, Bride Oncidium's and Victoria's Special Gacha released first?

I mean i understand the reason behind the Lycoris Step Up Gacha at least a little bit: Many guys consider her a Waifu and crushed on her in the Discord Chat but this Step Up Gacha makes no sense for the playerbase...

I wouldnt say thats the worst deal. The cactace bride one was worse. I mean we are talking about a 6 star girl here. The chances of getting a 6 star are at 0,5%. That means that even if you spend 1000€ it isnt guaranteed that youll ever get one. So if compare ~1000€ to 60€ this deal is much cheaper.

Of course this isnt cheap but if you consider getting this girl just through gacha pulls then im pretty sure youll lose much more money if you are not the luckiest guy in the world.

sniddy
12-15-2016, 12:26 PM
This is setting an awful precedent in so many different ways. Just terrible, Nutaku.

Test the waters see how many bite

And yes not a great deal at all - not a chance

Wutan
12-15-2016, 12:46 PM
I wouldnt say thats the worst deal. The cactace bride one was worse. I mean we are talking about a 6 star girl here. The chances of getting a 6 star are at 0,5%. That means that even if you spend 1000€ it isnt guaranteed that youll ever get one. So if compare ~1000€ to 60€ this deal is much cheaper.

Of course this isnt cheap but if you consider getting this girl just through gacha pulls then im pretty sure youll lose much more money if you are not the luckiest guy in the world.

Yeah i know what you mean. But you have also got a 6* in the Cactace Bride Gacha for 60 bucks ( the expensive part was the Step to get the Bride Version) and you have got guaranteed 5*.

In this Gacha you have a really small chance to get a 5* (It's like a normal Yolo Pull to be honest.) It's not even the normal Special Gacha Schedule. I mean the Event where you can get Christmas Rose just started two days ago :confused:

Some consistancy would be n1 you know...

Let's say both Step Up Gacha are worse than the others.

You basically get a 6* for 60 Bucks (nothing more, no Manyus, no extra goodies, nothing.)

Yeah you get two presents...Woho...amazing^^

Most people have enough presents anyway and the Event drops gifts as well.

A Time to Screw
12-15-2016, 01:56 PM
How does one expose out connection spread legs?

https://s6.postimg.org/rt9jvskxt/wew2.png

Also, the Microsoft Paint de-mosaic is top notch.
Crooked pastel penises are such turn ons.

smr
12-15-2016, 02:11 PM
performance wise Christmas Rose is decent, although ignoring movement alteration panels becomes pretty obsolete on end game.

AgentFakku
12-15-2016, 04:29 PM
How does one expose out connection spread legs?

https://s6.postimg.org/rt9jvskxt/wew2.png

Also, the Microsoft Paint de-mosaic is top notch.
Crooked pastel penises are such turn ons.

LMAO

He must have been inspired by Nasu

http://imgur.com/a/6YJGI

God, was she a virgin loli? What am I asking? LOL

Rampage
12-15-2016, 05:59 PM
Yea, totally agreeing with you all. Not value for money, do not like her look at all, i like my knights with figure, her face might be ok, but her body is weird imo.
My first step up gacha was Black Barraca, and I though is was ok, then read other people opinions and read it was not so good compared to previous, but even then I thought it was ok.
This secret gift might be fantastic for new players to get that boost to affection if it really does boost ALL your girls affection, but for long term players, affections is kinda moot, have 15 girls at 100% affection, but that is all the girls i planning to keep, the rest are the 4* and 3* girls still in my roster, and i am happy to slow down now cause i want to be able to do the daily quest without wasting gifts. Plus with the constant supply of new event girls, i really do not see the point of increasing the affection of the 3* or 2* girls, except for FG or the H scenes.

So over all this gacha has nothing to offer except Christmas Rose for 60$, the rest is about a useful as the wrapping paper on the present.

nazrin992
12-15-2016, 06:08 PM
When you know that many fkg have no boobs and being half beast half human :D.

Many girls will have animal/mascot companions as well. Halloween is the first to have IIRC and Christmas event have all 4 girls have their little mascot. Except Rose I think.

Dorei0sama
12-15-2016, 10:22 PM
Many girls will have animal/mascot companions as well. Halloween is the first to have IIRC and Christmas event have all 4 girls have their little mascot. Except Rose I think.

Till now i think there are 4 girl with mix animal, one is Setaria, human-cat, Lycoris-fox, Chrismas rose, i guess she is half goat half human which is related to Baltic christmas culture and Holy the reindeer. If any mix race coming out in future, i would like a half dog girl (not dogwood). Maybe it's culture for fkg to have little creature companion in chrismas, this year on dmm there is a noel yandere riding reindeer cart.