PDA

View Full Version : Display Problems?

katsalia
12-16-2016, 09:08 PM
I don't know if anyone else experienced this, but for a long time the game looked great for me. But a few weeks ago (I think it happened after the FKG x IWZ event patch) a lot of the sprites/icons for FGs looked scrunched up/blurry. Is there any fix for this? I'm playing on Chrome if that means anything.

Rampage
12-17-2016, 12:47 AM
Also playing on Chrome, have no problems at all. Can only suggest the usual. Clear browser cache.

katsalia
12-17-2016, 06:41 AM
I tried clearing cache a few times but no luck.
I took a couple screenshots to show what I'm talking about.

Insany
12-17-2016, 08:29 AM
I tried clearing cache a few times but no luck.
I took a couple screenshots to show what I'm talking about.

Maybe try right-clicking on the game windows then Quality -> Superior.

katsalia
12-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Maybe try right-clicking on the game windows then Quality -> Superior.

Is Superior an option? I only have Low - High for mine.

Insany
12-17-2016, 08:47 AM
Is Superior an option? I only have Low - High for mine.

Yes, I meant High.

katsalia
12-17-2016, 08:50 AM
Yes, I meant High.

Then yes, I'm playing on High. I don't know if there are resolution options or anything that might fix it?
When I play on Firefox the quality seems fine, but on that browser the window for the game is like 50% smaller and the rest of the space is just black.

MiqDoloran
12-17-2016, 09:11 AM
They fucked up those portraits a while ago, I'm still seeing it.

arclance
12-17-2016, 02:14 PM
You could try setting "Block all sites from storing information on this computer" under "Local Storage Settings" in Flash global settings and closing and restarting your browser to get rid of anything stored by Flash which might not be affected by clearing the browser cache.
Change that setting back to "Allow sites to save information on this computer" if you want the game to save your sound settings.
I don't know how you get to those settings on chrome.

I have that setting on by default for everything and I don't see the image issues you have.

katsalia
12-17-2016, 03:19 PM
You could try setting "Block all sites from storing information on this computer" under "Local Storage Settings" in Flash global settings and closing and restarting your browser to get rid of anything stored by Flash which might not be affected by clearing the browser cache.
Change that setting back to "Allow sites to save information on this computer" if you want the game to save your sound settings.
I don't know how you get to those settings on chrome.

I have that setting on by default for everything and I don't see the image issues you have.

Tried it but didn't work either unfortunately. What browser do you use? I'm willing to use another for FKG if it fixes the image problems.

arclance
12-17-2016, 03:30 PM
I use Firefox on Linux (FKG works with the really old Flash version Linux has).

fromelette
12-17-2016, 03:41 PM
I've got the same issue here, though it only seems to be distorted in the choose ally screen. I can't remember it clearly but I think it happened on the update before Robinia's event.

katsalia
12-17-2016, 04:04 PM
I use Firefox on Linux (FKG works with the really old Flash version Linux has).

Is your game not super small? On Firefox the game is small and had a black box in the background for 50% of the screen

arclance
12-17-2016, 04:52 PM
Is your game not super small? On Firefox the game is small and had a black box in the background for 50% of the screen
No it is not smaller than other Nutaku games and there is no black box.
Linux was frozen at Flash Player 11 (with some security updates) by Adobe years ago so maybe the different flash version explains it.

It looks to be the same relative size on Chromium but the computer I tried that on has a much screen lower resolution so that is not an exact comparison.
That computer is really slow so I set quality to low in flash to get it to run less slow so I can't say if it had issues with image quality.

katsalia
12-17-2016, 07:30 PM
Thanks for trying, but even downgrading Flash and such didn't work. I may have to give up on it. Just for example, this is what the game looks like on Firefox.

nazrin992
12-17-2016, 10:04 PM
Have you tried other Chromium based browsers?

Worse comes to worst, there are Discord mods around here that may can help with this problem, assuming it is not your computer's fault.

katsalia
12-17-2016, 11:00 PM
Have you tried other Chromium based browsers?

Worse comes to worst, there are Discord mods around here that may can help with this problem, assuming it is not your computer's fault.

I think I've tried every browser at this point except for IE and Opera.
I wouldn't think it's my computer's fault since it sounds like others had the same issue happen at the same patch mine did. Also it's like a... $1400 computer.

Edit: Tried IE, no luck with that either.

fromelette
12-17-2016, 11:47 PM
Thanks for trying, but even downgrading Flash and such didn't work. I may have to give up on it. Just for example, this is what the game looks like on Firefox.

Looks like you're using Firefox with zoom. If I use it (crtl + mouse scroll up or ctrl + "+" or view -> zoom) I get the same black space that you get due to Firefox being unable to stretch flash ratio. The screen size you're seeing is this game usual display size afaik. To reset zoom in case you want to do so, use ctrl + 0.

katsalia
12-18-2016, 02:50 PM
Looks like you're using Firefox with zoom. If I use it (crtl + mouse scroll up or ctrl + "+" or view -> zoom) I get the same black space that you get due to Firefox being unable to stretch flash ratio. The screen size you're seeing is this game usual display size afaik. To reset zoom in case you want to do so, use ctrl + 0.

That isn't the case either, I'm using Firefox at 100% (no zoom). Tried resetting just in case in and nothing.