PDA

View Full Version : So many units, so little fodder... (advice request)

MalusCorvus
01-14-2017, 03:49 AM
So, over time I've been building up a number of units that may or may not be useful if they were leveled up... which they aren't. I thought I'd finally ask here if any of them were worth devoting the resources into, and which I should use as, I dunno, Awakening fodder or Rainbow Crystals (though with event units that's not always an option). The units are listed according to class and then name, along with any notes. I realize this is a huge list, but I don't need advice on every single one of them - even knowledge which ones are outstanding in either direction would be great.

Soldier - Julian
Heavy Infantry - Bernice, Maribel
Valkyrie - Emilia, Kerry (Mostly leveled)
Rogue - Betty, Cuterie (keeping for affection gift rate up purposes, if nothing else), Cypria
Princess - Sherry, Claudia
Bandit - Imelia, Lolonee
Samurai - Sakuya (UP and Skill improved by 1 thanks to duplicate), Kojoro
Ninja - Azami (overshadowed by Saki, I suspect)
Pegasus Knight - Stella
Avenger - Dorothy
Sailor - Marie, Vera
Dragon Knight - Lucille
Archer - Shao
Mage - Barbastroff, Odette, Cyrus, Sasha
Healer - Robert, Fedora
Witch - Belinda, Despera (especially tempting to use for RC since I don't care for witches much), Ryuryu
Vampire Hunter - Elizabeth
Shaman - Kagura
Bishop - Noel
Dancer - Waltz
Druid - Pupuru
Alchemist - Colin

Obviously, I can't put every bit of relevant info in here. Some are leveled more than others. Some are CC'd, some aren't. But I can provide any other info that might be needed for recommendations.

Anonymous
01-14-2017, 04:02 AM
Sherry, Elizabeth, Noel, Despara, Imelia, Bernice, all worth investing in generally

Problem is we have no idea what units you already have maxed out
Some of the units in your list are great unless you have some other gacha unit, you know?

MalusCorvus
01-14-2017, 04:04 AM
Well, I can work on that as well, it'll be a shorter list. Of course, I'd rather do it in the morning, compiling that list was boring enough...

lolix
01-14-2017, 04:07 AM
the best units u have there are probably despara , elizabeth , imelia , sherry , sasha ,bernice ,lucille and probably noel.

Sherry and noel for AW passives , while the rest for pure power. Despara is a dps monster for a witch

Imelia is 1 of the better duelists in the game. Elizabeth has dps comparable to nanally (during skill) on unarmored targets , and probably higher on undead.

The others are just all around good units to have

kayfabe
01-14-2017, 03:51 PM
All three Attack IV witches are pretty decent. The Range Up witches have some map specific utility but the Attack IV witches can actually kill things during skill activation on top of slowing, which is pretty cool. Despara in particular is easy to underestimate since she doesn't look all that special compared to Fignelia but in practice there's plenty of maps that she can neuter by cheaply parachuting in and bombing away. Basically, the damage output of 1 Belinda is OK but nothing special while the damage output of 2 Belindas for 16 UP and one less slot can be pretty hax.

KonKon
01-16-2017, 10:41 PM
Witch - Belinda, Despera (especially tempting to use for RC since I don't care for witches much)

What in the name of God'..., you're basically saying "I dont need a witch that can hit as hard as 2 plat witches combined together"
heretic's, blasphemy.
and if you havent 3* this event " Shrine assault" she's basically the DPS you need to single handedly kill the Big Golem.

and you want to trade her for 400 RC...,
my word..."Despara is crying in the corner right now, feeding her cat"

AgentFakku
01-16-2017, 10:45 PM
Not related to the topic, the units I can't seem to tget time to lvl up are Princesses

lolix
01-17-2017, 03:53 AM
they are some of the easiest units to level and aff since they dont have cc. Can't see why would u have issues with them

Ramazan
01-17-2017, 05:51 AM
Witch - Belinda, Despera (especially tempting to use for RC since I don't care for witches much)

Why man, why... Despara is my one of the most wanted cuz she's waifu tier and no worse than other blacks in term of usefulness.

Eab1990
01-17-2017, 06:40 AM
I have two Desparas and I honestly haven't used her much compared to Shiho. Probably because I tend to default to princesses for the bulk of my magic damage instead.

lolix
01-17-2017, 07:04 AM
i have perfected shiho , cc-ed and at max level. I don't use her much. She will be great after SAW , yeah , but as it is , i dont find her that reliable

She is a great healer tho...so i use her at times when i really need burst healing , or lack suficient healers (since i run a single AW healer team atm + a cc-ed fedora - was too lazy to awaken her as well , but i should soon i guess) , but she's a bench warmer most of the times for me.

That being isaid , i kinda lack princesses ,so it might be that as well (only have claudia)

AgentFakku
01-17-2017, 12:39 PM
they are some of the easiest units to level and aff since they dont have cc. Can't see why would u have issues with them

Most events I play doesn't require or force me to use a Princess

the Ryujin Invasion forced me to use a Valkyrie for the first time

lolix
01-17-2017, 01:37 PM
i don't really like valks much to be honest. I tend to use bandits as duelists. That may be also because i have celia on 1 account and lyla on the other (as well as perfect Imelia on both) so it might be that. I have tethis on 1 account tho (in double actually) , and even tho she's maxed , i don't really use her.

This event kinda made me want to awaken her as well , but dunno...maybe at soem point i will.

That being said , princesses tend to be the best duelists all around , and any of the plat princesses (or blacks for that matter) are rather strong.

I'd really really love a sherry for myself. I have a bunch of goldies on both accounts...

IvanLedah21
01-17-2017, 02:54 PM
I have two Desparas and I honestly haven't used her much compared to Shiho. Probably because I tend to default to princesses for the bulk of my magic damage instead.

All I can say to this is... wow...

I have AW Sherry, Sybilla and Olivie and I still use Despara often. She's cheaper than any princess and is ranged by default (only princess with ranged is AW Sybilla during skill), she slows AND deals solid magic damage... I don't get how you people think she's not that great. She's a go-to unit for me on numerous maps.

Witches in general are used for slows and some early magic, but she can trivialize early rushes by just dropping her, popping skill and Slow + Huge (for her cost, at least) magic damage, it's just not something to underestimate so easily IMO.

Eab1990
01-17-2017, 03:07 PM
All I can say to this is... wow...

I have AW Sherry, Sybilla and Olivie and I still use Despara often. She's cheaper than any princess and is ranged by default (only princess with ranged is AW Sybilla during skill), she slows AND deals solid magic damage... I don't get how you people think she's not that great. She's a go-to unit for me on numerous maps.

Witches in general are used for slows and some early magic, but she can trivialize early rushes by just dropping her, popping skill and Slow + Huge (for her cost, at least) magic damage, it's just not something to underestimate so easily IMO.

It's mostly because I don't know how to fit her in blind runs. Her sheer power doesn't mean much if I don't know where to drop her or when to pop her skill... though that doesn't stop me from using Solano either. And it's not like my ranged is lacking elsewhere, even if it's physical.

kayfabe
01-17-2017, 03:49 PM
There's really no great mystery to using Despara. She's longer range than Shiho at max affection, cheap enough to be deployed as "I have no idea what I'm doing but some of these things are red..." filler and 90 of her first 116 seconds on the field can be spent with her skill up. In a very real sense it's more practical to think of her as a 1.1k+ magic damage unit who occasionally does 615 damage than vice versa. She isn't game breaking so much as she's just really practical because you can seriously just activate her skill every time it comes back online and stuff is in range. She's certainly no comparison to pre-SAW Shiho, a unit who's pretty low impact as a witch and spends more time recharging her skill than healing and so is thus more of a panic button on blind runs than a primary healing option.

Most events I play doesn't require or force me to use a Princess

Maybe most of the events don't, but you'd be wise to take it as a warning sign that three days a week we have Golden Armor G and Spirit Hunting G maps that are greatly simplified if you can throw a couple of princesses at your problems. Things will change somewhat as power creep marches inexorably forward and Nutaku receives more of the magic damage options DMM players enjoy but for right now it's still generally more rewarding to switch out a bandit or valk in favor of a princess than vice versa simply because of the difference between magic and physical damage both in terms of prevalence and mechanics. It's a big enough deal that my imperfect Unawakened Claudia still gets deployed regularly while my perfect AW Imelia spends most of her time warming the bench until some super boss needs tanking. Shit like heavy armor, liches, small golems and werewolves are collectively too common to be easily dismissed as gimmicks and princesses excel at killing those things and are only marginally worse at killing vanilla units.

AgentFakku
01-17-2017, 08:52 PM
There's really no great mystery to using Despara. She's longer range than Shiho at max affection, cheap enough to be deployed as "I have no idea what I'm doing but some of these things are red..." filler and 90 of her first 116 seconds on the field can be spent with her skill up. In a very real sense it's more practical to think of her as a 1.1k+ magic damage unit who occasionally does 615 damage than vice versa. She isn't game breaking so much as she's just really practical because you can seriously just activate her skill every time it comes back online and stuff is in range. She's certainly no comparison to pre-SAW Shiho, a unit who's pretty low impact as a witch and spends more time recharging her skill than healing and so is thus more of a panic button on blind runs than a primary healing option.

Maybe most of the events don't, but you'd be wise to take it as a warning sign that three days a week we have Golden Armor G and Spirit Hunting G maps that are greatly simplified if you can throw a couple of princesses at your problems. Things will change somewhat as power creep marches inexorably forward and Nutaku receives more of the magic damage options DMM players enjoy but for right now it's still generally more rewarding to switch out a bandit or valk in favor of a princess than vice versa simply because of the difference between magic and physical damage both in terms of prevalence and mechanics. It's a big enough deal that my imperfect Unawakened Claudia still gets deployed regularly while my perfect AW Imelia spends most of her time warming the bench until some super boss needs tanking. Shit like heavy armor, liches, small golems and werewolves are collectively too common to be easily dismissed as gimmicks and princesses excel at killing those things and are only marginally worse at killing vanilla units.

Aight, I'll train my Sherry and Themis once I AW Iris. I know y'all told to AW Spica first as the very 1st AW gurl but I had no time to train her after Gold Rush and dis event

ZeroZet
01-17-2017, 09:40 PM
I have AW Thetis, Sherry, Imelia and Cellia, and Thetis is my go-to unit for duelist option, gank option, you name it, she does it :p She's that great, after all :cool:

kayfabe
01-17-2017, 11:27 PM
Eh, if you have two princesses in the low 40s with max affection that actually isn't so bad for niche use although it does limit the things you can reasonably expect them to tank. I was mostly just concerned that you might be neglecting them even worse than that.

Eab1990
01-18-2017, 07:07 AM

A difference of 10 range. wao it's fucking nothing etc.

On the contrary, Shiho being a panic healer (usually if I drop Aria and I immediately see shit she can't tank alone without support) has helped given me leeway for where I can place my other two healers later in the map. Meanwhile, a witch in the wrong place is... well, not helping.

IvanLedah21
01-18-2017, 12:18 PM
It's mostly because I don't know how to fit her in blind runs. Her sheer power doesn't mean much if I don't know where to drop her or when to pop her skill... though that doesn't stop me from using Solano either. And it's not like my ranged is lacking elsewhere, even if it's physical.

Well, for blind runs, Princesses are probably easier to use since they
1) block
2) are more durable if you don't know where ranged enemies are going to appear, and
3) most come with some utility especially after AW (Bronze/Silver/Gold buff, ranged damage during skill with instant kill, Elf/Dwarf buff and dodge, true damage for Claudia)

For subsequent runs, Despara is awesome if you know where to drop her. Early, high-powered magic damage (with slow attached) is great stuff on sooo many maps.

@Kayfabe, to be fair, he did mention his comment was aimed more toward blind runs, where having more panic buttons is often a good thing.

ZeroZet
01-18-2017, 12:36 PM
3) most come with some utility especially after AW (Bronze/Silver/Gold buff, ranged damage during skill with instant kill, Elf/Dwarf buff and dodge, true damage for Claudia)Just a nitpick, but Claudia don't need to be Awakened for true damage, because it is tied with her skill, rather than AW ability. In fact only meaningful thing she gets from it is increased stat caps, because dragons don't walk where she can hit them around all that often :D

kayfabe
01-18-2017, 03:31 PM
I usually just employ the novel concept of placing the unit in range of the enemy. Spawn camping also works. Granted, my strategies tend to be pretty aggressive and top out at 2 healers, max, with 1 to 0 being more common.

IvanLedah21
01-19-2017, 09:08 AM
Just a nitpick, but Claudia don't need to be Awakened for true damage, because it is tied with her skill, rather than AW ability. In fact only meaningful thing she gets from it is increased stat caps, because dragons don't walk where she can hit them around all that often :D

That's why I said "especially after AW" meaning some have utility before it (like Claudia, and Olivie has the buff, it's just slightly improved with AW) ;)

lolix
01-20-2017, 08:50 AM
was too lazy to aw claudia , especially since shes not my most used duelist for one , and her passive is rather meh as well....

Actually i liked lucille quite a bit during this event (it wasn't even cc-ed since for some reason i simply couldn't get a perfect unit on any of my accounts) , so i was thinking of raising her

That might be after jessica tho. Anyone has experience with her (or magic armors in general ?) At a first look they look rather useful , and she looks like she can easily replace any of my secondary tanks (leanne in this case) , and play an offtank role for bernice. She might even be the more deployed unit actually , unless she's really squishy , or i'm vs really hard hitting bosses.

Somehow i keep getting okay (or good plats) and golds quite often during premium summons , but can't get blacks whatever i do....

Tenhou
01-20-2017, 10:26 AM
Mage Armours tend to be quite nice to use especially against mixed damage of magic and physical. Also great to have when you need a tank that can deal some nice damage as well. I've used my MA on DMM a great deal in many situations. As for being a secondary tank, she still costs a ton so depending on situation you're still better off with Leanne.

IvanLedah21
01-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Expanding on what Tenhou said, Mage Armors have inferior physical defense to Heavy Armors but superior MR and Jessica's Fireball skill is great for clearing weak mobs that can end up sneaking past even HAs (due to their low attack this can happen with large groups if the ranged support is either not there or single-target). Higher UP cost is a thing to keep in mind, though.

For reference:
Jessica CC70: 1980 HP, 456 Defense, 15 MR, UP 30
Jessica AW90: 2891 HP, 570 Defense, 15 MR, UP 30

Leanne: CC50: 1931 HP, 507 Defense (811 for 30 seconds), 0 MR, UP 18-21

Even a silver HA is comparable in survivability if enemy is purely physical (huge HP disadvantage against AW Jess, but her defense can go up to about 1.5x Jess'), but all Heavies lose badly in offense (except Deine if enemy numbers are low) and MR (Gellius only loses by 5 after AW)

MalusCorvus
01-20-2017, 11:55 PM
To all the Despera lovers - I considered using her for crystals because I don't like witches.

To be fair, this may be because the best one I have leveled is Cloris, and in my experience she's not particularly impressive in terms of DPS, and I only use her on those maps in which she's used in the vid guides. If anyone's going to be a decent witch, though, it'd be Despera. Also, I never noticed Affection increased her range, which is interesting. I'm a sucker for extra range so that matters to me.

Besides, no point in discharging anyone for Rainbow Crystals unless I have enough units for the rest of the 600...

kayfabe
01-21-2017, 05:02 AM
Poor Cloris is utterly crippled by our inability to cheaply perfect her, so nobody can blame you for being unimpressed. Maxed out Attack III is a decent skill but few people are going to bother burning Rainbows or Gadoras copies on a unit with even less long term potential than the average gold. And she rather desperately needs those SUs too, or else she's only beating Yuyu by ~50 damage during skill and is flat out losing the rest of the time. That's pretty sad when you consider that Yuyu's also potentially 4 UP cheaper and Increase Range II is a perfectly tolerable skill on a unit you're mostly using for her slows and Wall of Magic anyway. At least with Despara you get enough damage output to smash things and have the promise of a much stronger SAW in your future.

IvanLedah21
01-23-2017, 10:02 AM
To all the Despera lovers - I considered using her for crystals because I don't like witches.

To be fair, this may be because the best one I have leveled is Cloris, and in my experience she's not particularly impressive in terms of DPS, and I only use her on those maps in which she's used in the vid guides. If anyone's going to be a decent witch, though, it'd be Despera. Also, I never noticed Affection increased her range, which is interesting. I'm a sucker for extra range so that matters to me.

Besides, no point in discharging anyone for Rainbow Crystals unless I have enough units for the rest of the 600...

Like Kayfabe said, Cloris is a really bad example of witch because she's not CR-capable without the whaling-reward gold Bond Fairy or Time Fairy, both of which have better units to use them on. On top of that, without maxed skill she's flat-out inferior to Yuyu. Better witches are Yuyu, Belinda, Adele and Despara. Yuyu is the cheapest (AW Yuyu is same cost as silver Calliope but hits harder and faster with more range), Belinda is a stronger but more expensive Yuyu that is an event unit, Adele buffs all team members' HP by 10% after AW and has Attack 4 like Despara (just doesn't have the 1-sec initial) and Despara is your go-to early magic damage monster with the added benefit of slow effect.

If Cloris is who you think of when you think of the class, it's natural to be turned off, but there are numerous uses for the better witches and they're a very reliable class in many cases. Adele and Despara are on my deployment team 90% of the time (Adele is pretty much 100% due to her team buff). Yuyu has since become much more situational.

lolix
01-23-2017, 10:59 AM
truth is that yuyu is not that much worse then belinda actually because she has increased damage for being an elf and increase attack speed as well.

Actually the main difference comes for the AW passives , since belinda will have 7% more damage over yuyu. Excluding that,at max level , belinda hits for 533 , while yuyu at max hits for 535

Ofc with 7% damage increase belinda will have higher dps , but the difference is not that high (at most under 50 damage)

IvanLedah21
01-24-2017, 08:21 AM
truth is that yuyu is not that much worse then belinda actually because she has increased damage for being an elf and increase attack speed as well.

Actually the main difference comes for the AW passives , since belinda will have 7% more damage over yuyu. Excluding that,at max level , belinda hits for 533 , while yuyu at max hits for 535

Ofc with 7% damage increase belinda will have higher dps , but the difference is not that high (at most under 50 damage)

Meh, I personally think of Yuyu as a cheaper Belinda (due to AW -1 and gold vs. plat) without the Witch buff. I don't use either much, though, due to having AW Adele and Despara (I used all 4 on War of Magic though, that map that used to be a complete nightmare was cakewalk lol). Having AW Belinda on the team if you use those two though is great (which means Yuyu becomes MUCH more situational since you already have a Range Up witch in team), and since I use both for early magic damage frequently on some maps, having their attack buffed (especially Despara since you can essentially think of her as having skill on from the get-go; 7% buff receives the 1.9 multiplier for her so her attack with Belinda and skill is over double her stats page attack, even more so with AW Aria/Uzume and Prince around)

lolix
01-24-2017, 08:24 AM
technically belinda is cheaper (assuming u maxed cr-ed her during event) unless u have a cr yuyu (not that easy to cr since premium)
That being said yuyu can be buffed by a number of units which is kinda cool. She gets belinda's buffs if in the same party. She also gets sherry's and even olivie's buff.

IvanLedah21
01-24-2017, 08:28 AM
technically belinda is cheaper (assuming u maxed cr-ed her during event) unless u have a cr yuyu (not that easy to cr since premium)
That being said yuyu can be buffed by a number of units which is kinda cool. She gets belinda's buffs if in the same party. She also gets sherry's and even olivie's buff.

Good point to make. If you have AW Sherry and Olivie, then Yuyu may outclass Belinda in performance (since if both are deployed Yuyu is getting buff too) since Belinda gets neither buff. Buffs like Uzume, Aria and Prince don't count since both get those.

Side Note: My Yuyu min-costed ages ago, so I tend to forget her original cost is 14 (13 after AW), because mine is at 10 lol.