PDA

View Full Version : Nutaku vs. DMM

purplemandy
01-14-2017, 07:43 PM
Hi, I'm a fairly new player, so sorry if this has already been addressed on this forum. What exactly is the difference between the english and DMM version of FKG? I've only been playing the english version, but have seen that many people play the japanese version as well. Is the appeal just because the DMM version has more content?

nikonana
01-14-2017, 08:59 PM
DMM has more content and more generous about freebies, basically that's it. Gacha is same shit at both version. Basically the scores are

Freebies : DMM >>> Nutaku (you can roll more)
Paywall deals : DMM >> Nutaku (nutaku did some good deals but still below DMM)
Content : DMM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nutaku

sniddy
01-15-2017, 02:38 AM
BUT

DMM is much further ahead so more missed events/larger pull pools
DMM is not in English

LastSensei
01-15-2017, 02:57 AM
Registration in DMM is a little hassle. You need install and configure some stuffs so that you wouldn't be blocked by its region restriction.

Volarmis
01-15-2017, 03:05 AM
Registration in DMM is a little hassle. You need install and configure some stuffs so that you wouldn't be blocked by its region restriction.

Hmmm, first time hearing about this.
I've checked out the DMM version out of curiosity and had no problems with the registration.
Maybe it needs japanese fonts/regional settings which I had by default since I'm using the language.

About the difference - you've already gotten a good answer. Basically a lot of goodies are available on DMM which I hope that will appear on this version the sooner the better. For example, a separate backpack with 200 slots where you can move your upgrade materials, or the existance of manyuus for equipment. Not to mention many different scenarios to play.

Rupturez
01-15-2017, 04:13 AM

This is mostly the case if you play on the censored version of DMM, for god knows whatever reason. On the uncensored version (www.dmm.co.jp) you most likely do not need any VPN's.

Basically the Nutaku version got only one thing over DMM and that is language.
I switched from Nutaku after 7 months of playing to DMM.

Wutan
01-15-2017, 04:34 AM
I miss one thing on DMM though.

Autorun. Sometimes it's n1 to be a lazy guy you know :p

Nutaku has an Autorun Option.

About the larger Pull Pool:
Yeah it's more difficult to get a specific 5* because of this but larger pools means more good 5*.
You have more 5* with good Abilities on DMM than Nutaku.

Lets be honest: How often do we get the Girls we actually want anyway (without whaling)?

And if you are an occasional spender like me who only wants specific 6* the DMM Version is much better because they have more 6* Choice Deals than Nutaku.

It's simple:

If you are F2P, Occasional Spender or Semi-Whale (Dolphin) DMM is far superior.
If you are a Whale or Hardcore Whale Nutaku is far superior because Nutaku has more Special Deals (basically every week)

Myrdin
01-15-2017, 12:06 PM
I miss one thing on DMM though.

Autorun. Sometimes it's n1 to be a lazy guy you know :p
Nutaku has an Autorun Option.

Exactly, Autorun would be a pretty handy option. I dont understand why they dont offer it as an option. Heck I would even pay for it. Make it 10$ and throw in a 10+1 pull. Or make it free I mean come on.

If you are F2P, Occasional Spender or Semi-Whale (Dolphin) DMM is far superior.

Awww :3 Thats kinda cute actually :3

Unregistered
01-15-2017, 12:11 PM
You won't see any side-scrolling shooter minigames or UFO catchers on Nutaku.

kringley
01-15-2017, 12:24 PM
I don't think I'd be able to get over the language. For me, part of the charm is the bits of personality that go with each of the girls message (scenes in the events and/or campaign missions, when they are introduced to you etc). Without that stuff in translation, the game would be closer to some of the other Nutaku games that didn't hold my attention for long.

A Time to Screw
01-15-2017, 01:17 PM
I don't think I'd be able to get over the language. For me, part of the charm is the bits of personality that go with each of the girls message (scenes in the events and/or campaign missions, when they are introduced to you etc). Without that stuff in translation, the game would be closer to some of the other Nutaku games that didn't hold my attention for long.

Beyond (poorly) translated event story cutscenes where characters are first introduced, the majority of each character's personalities are delivered via their voice lines anyways. Which aren't and probably never will be subtitled on Nutaku. Exception being those lucky enough to be main characters in the main storyline quests which have their own set of extensive cutscenes.
I think they could at least implement subtitles to Homepage, where you can click on the girls to hear extra dialogue. But one can only dream...

The translated personal character quests that give unique earrings would help too, but Nutaku seems to have forgotten that those exist and haven't added more than 6 of them since launch.

IMO, I feel like the major reason to play DMM over Nutaku is having lost patience with Nutaku itself as a browser games platform. Which is a completely legitimate reason. Other than FKG, every other Nutaku browser game has been mishandled in one way or another, even games released after FKG.
Otherwise, it's the lack of patience for new content to reach the Nutaku version (no big deal) and lack of freebies, which wouldn't be such a big deal if it weren't for Nutaku's money-grubbing nature as a whole, and tendencies to offer only players willing/able to spend on daily deals.

It's tough luck no matter how you cut it. On one hand, FKG being Nutaku's most consistently well handled game so far means that playing it and supporting it should send a message to Nutaku and give an example of how games should be localized here.
On the other hand, it's still far from perfect and could be handled much better compared to the original version in its homeland. But that's the case with almost every localized game nowadays, sadly.

kringley
01-15-2017, 02:10 PM
Beyond (poorly) translated event story cutscenes where characters are first introduced, the majority of each character's personalities are delivered via their voice lines anyways. Which aren't and probably never will be subtitled on Nutaku. Exception being those lucky enough to be main characters in the main storyline quests which have their own set of extensive cutscenes.
I think they could at least implement subtitles to Homepage, where you can click on the girls to hear extra dialogue. But one can only dream...

The translated personal character quests that give unique earrings would help too, but Nutaku seems to have forgotten that those exist and haven't added more than 6 of them since launch.

I agree it's pretty skimpy, and could be more, but as it is, it's enough to make FKG a game I'm sticking with for more than a few hours.

Unregistered
01-15-2017, 02:29 PM
Actually, the reason I couldn't get into the DMM version is just the opposite.

I'm not Japanese, but I can understand some of it. Takes quite a bit of effort to read, but I can decipher the meanings of most things if I tried, and I can basically completely understand what the girls say in voice (watched too many anime/japanese drama).

However, the problem is that there is *too much* content. It's overwhelming. I'm at a point where I basically know exactly what to do and how to progress in fkg without having to think too much, but there is just so much extra in the DMM version that I'd have to slowly read and try to understand. Plus, after the first day, your mail box will basically be full the entire time for who knows how long, with stuff you don't necessarily want to throw away, but also can't use for a long time.

Rupturez
01-15-2017, 03:10 PM
Actually, the reason I couldn't get into the DMM version is just the opposite.

I'm not Japanese, but I can understand some of it. Takes quite a bit of effort to read, but I can decipher the meanings of most things if I tried, and I can basically completely understand what the girls say in voice (watched too many anime/japanese drama).

However, the problem is that there is *too much* content. It's overwhelming. I'm at a point where I basically know exactly what to do and how to progress in fkg without having to think too much, but there is just so much extra in the DMM version that I'd have to slowly read and try to understand. Plus, after the first day, your mail box will basically be full the entire time for who knows how long, with stuff you don't necessarily want to throw away, but also can't use for a long time.

Yes that is the starting impression, I had that as well, but it dissapears relatively fast. In no time you'll be doing the exact thing you were doing at nutaku, farming timed reissue and event with the exception that you actually have other maps to do when you finish the reissue/event. Feeling of being overwhelmed dissapears after a couple of days playing it actively.

Myrdin
01-16-2017, 05:50 AM
In all honesty, once you understand the FKG main mechanics from the Nutaku version, and transition to DMM it gets some time to get used to, however due to the prior experience its not so bad. There are many "comfort of life" adjustments in DMM version (extra 200 bag slots as additional storage, 6 Raid points, an actual use from every dupe you get and sell, plus of course bunch of new girls to gather and evolve/bloom).
There are also very hard stages, which bring some sense of accomplishment as its not so easy to clear. I would love to see them in Nutaku version as my team while not the most OP team ever, can pretty much clear any event without as much as a hitch.

Also there is a DMM thread on this board, where you can always ask the questions. I too was at loss when I started the DMM version, but thanks to the other players advice and info I managed to get used to the new mechanics relatively fast, and now I dont find them any more baffling as I had before.

VortexMagus
01-16-2017, 09:20 PM
No autorun is a huge dealbreaker for me, honestly. I like FKG cause its not a huge drain on my time. Not interested in spending a lot more time going through it.

Dari
01-16-2017, 11:47 PM
No autorun is a huge dealbreaker for me, honestly. I like FKG cause its not a huge drain on my time. Not interested in spending a lot more time going through it.
Yeah, thats my problem with DMM too, but I only log in daily on DMM for freebies and I get more FGs from that than from actively playing on Nutaku...so it's quite tempting.

darkmoon87
01-17-2017, 05:29 AM
This is slowly convincing me to switch but no autorun is such a turn off :/ I don't see myself not being able to idle play... And of course, the language.

And I'm not sure I wanna start over and throw away 6 months on Nutaku, and say goodbye to Mirabilis :(

Dorei0sama
01-17-2017, 07:38 AM
I suggest play both at the same time . Of course, dmm ver will initially take more time to play, but it will get easier and take less time as you progress.

A Time to Screw
01-17-2017, 09:05 AM
For anyone actually thinking of abandoning Nutaku completely for DMM, you should think through carefully your reasons.

If it's just because the Nutaku gacha hasn't been treating you kindly, that is still very much a possibility on DMM. Yes you get more freebies and thus more chances, but that doesn't increases each individual roll's chance of giving you a 5* or 6* knight. Remember that rainbows are still a 0.5% chance.
It's just the nature of gacha games like this. Players that get salty that they aren't getting the rarest characters quickly and naturally will always have that looming raincloud over them impeding their enjoyment of games like FKG. For gacha based game, it's best to appreciate what you have now rather than what you wont be getting.
New units are added every month. Eventually you'll run into more and more units you'll really want, and the cycle continues.

If it's because DMM has more content, then you're basically leaving Nutaku because you do not want to wait for it to finally get those features implemented. Which is your prerogative. I will say that Nutaku FKG has been fairly consistent with it's content updates, matching the pace of DMM's version when they were less than a year old as well. So it's not like we aren't getting those updates eventually (yet, the future is always uncertain).

These seem to be the two most common reasons I'm seeing a lot of.

Rupturez
01-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Snip snip.

I understand what you are saying, but it's not about getting rare characters quickly. I have 30 5*'s on nutaku and 3 6*'s and I still quit that version anyway. Its very simple, I don't enjoy playing 5.5 weeks to grind 50 gems and then see them dissapear in a silver/bronze pull. New girls that I like are quickly releasing without me ever being able to get enough gems to attempt rolling on them.

This game ultimately is all about collecting waifus to me, which I can do way easier on DMM. It's just that simple.

nazrin992
01-17-2017, 12:46 PM
What may take you more than a month to get 50 FGs is cut by more than half in DMM due to how often DMM give "freebies"(by that I mean FGs).

You don't get "Gem Starvation" status all the time in DMM. For special occasions, you will get free FGs in dailies for almost every month. You don't get this from Nutaku.

For example, reach 100 users for playing FKG,
DMM: Gives out 1 FG for every login until certain date :)
Nutaku: ...LOL :P

And you wonder why some users prefer DMM more.

Sure, it doesn't increase chances to get 6* girls but people love the generosity more so. And that generosity allows us to draw Gacha more often without spending money on unnecessary deals(lets people control their impulsive spending).

Unregistered
01-17-2017, 01:22 PM
I will say that Nutaku FKG has been fairly consistent with it's content updates, matching the pace of DMM's version when they were less than a year old as well. So it's not like we aren't getting those updates eventually (yet, the future is always uncertain).

This is not the case at all outside of events. Nutaku's behind on story missions, barely touched character quests and hasn't added any nation maps or ultimate maps. There's also minor omissions like recommended power or the flower knight theater.

Eab1990
01-17-2017, 01:43 PM
This is not the case at all outside of events. Nutaku's behind on story missions, barely touched character quests and hasn't added any nation maps or ultimate maps. There's also minor omissions like recommended power or the flower knight theater.

We did get Garden early, but yeah, now's about time to start pestering them about those other things soon. The lack of character quests at this point is pretty jarring.

That said, Star Lily was the last event to not have cutscenes, so maybe they can actually start focusing on translating other stories now (or "translating", if you prefer).

Rupturez
01-17-2017, 01:53 PM
Now I don't exactly care about nutaku anymore, or the way they progress but I imagine some might find this useful.

http://tinyimg.io/i/zCFOWGA.png

Unregistered
01-17-2017, 03:52 PM
doesn't "soonish" sound even worse than "soon"? :(

nazrin992
01-17-2017, 08:06 PM
Right about that as well. It's about time they give us more to do(Garden is good but it is incomplete without the Pots).

Unregistered
01-17-2017, 08:21 PM
Right about that as well. It's about time they give us more to do(Garden is good but it is incomplete without the Pots).

The frequent additions of new objects and themes are also important for the garden. Adding the garden early likely means we'll be waiting longer for the first update to it.

Discoceris
01-18-2017, 10:12 PM

Try not logging in for 4 months and coming back to 150+ flower coins, 5+ gold tickets, 10+ silver tickets, and dragons and manyus out the wazoo. I probably was absent during a very fruitful promotional period.

paraphin
01-18-2017, 11:59 PM
i play FKG since just 2 month now and already am starting to get bored because i already tried out everything in the game.
garden (useless in my eyes), reissue, special missions, evolution, 4*/5*/6* girls, skilling girls and equip... everything. so there is nothing new and thats why i thing some ppl already left the game. i would even say that you can experience the whole content i just 1 month.
so we need more content, more to do, more missions, blooming and skillbooster for equip and more girls, too.

Myrdin
01-19-2017, 03:37 AM
i play FKG since just 2 month now and already am starting to get bored because i already tried out everything in the game.
garden (useless in my eyes), reissue, special missions, evolution, 4*/5*/6* girls, skilling girls and equip... everything. so there is nothing new and thats why i thing some ppl already left the game. i would even say that you can experience the whole content i just 1 month.
so we need more content, more to do, more missions, blooming and skillbooster for equip and more girls, too.

You DO realize that this "game" is not really a game, rather than Waifu Collecting simulator, right ?
The new Girls are your "content".
This game is about repetitive grinding, and acquiring new characters for your collection, maxing them out and unlocking their scenes.
Thats pretty much all there is to this type of games.
If you want a real story, bunch of content, and whatnot you should look elsewhere, coz thats not really a thing for the games like this.

paraphin
01-19-2017, 04:14 AM
You DO realize that this "game" is not really a game, rather than Waifu Collecting simulator, right ?
The new Girls are your "content".
This game is about repetitive grinding, and acquiring new characters for your collection, maxing them out and unlocking their scenes.
Thats pretty much all there is to this type of games.
If you want a real story, bunch of content, and whatnot you should look elsewhere, coz thats not really a thing for the games like this.

well, for you maybe. for me its more than just collecting girls. and its a fact, that there is a lot more content like i was writing above in the DMM version, and thats what i mean the nutaku version is lacking.
and i am keeping and leveling just the srtongest girls becaus i want to compete with my friendlist and want to beat the strongest pests, so i do think about it as a real game ;)

Myrdin
01-19-2017, 05:42 AM
Even if DMM has more content, the content is static. Its there and thats it. Nothing more will be added as the core and add ons of the game have been all fleshed out.
If the game became boring to you once, it would happen again eventually. You would enjoy the new content for another month or so, and then once you would experience everything there is to it, you would more likely than not get to this point again, where you would be like "soo uh... is that all ?"

I mean, I dont judge or anything, but if thats what counts most for you, then there are some amazing games out there that keep pumping out new content on a regular basis all year long. Though, granted many of them are MMORPG or Indie world crafting games.

With all that said - I do agree that It would be nice if more of the DMM content got implemented into the Nutaku version. Who knows when all of that is gonna happen heh.

paraphin
01-19-2017, 07:21 AM
adding content to a browser game (and thats what it is, whatever you say) is the only thing the devs can do to keep it alive and earn money from it. thats the idea behind those games, maybe you didn't know ;)
if you say the content of the game is static then you can say that for nearly all other games too, not only browsergames. i know that there wont be a drastic chance in gameplay but i didnt ask for that, i need more content and thats what a lot of player want (ask around).

atm FKG is my #1 game i spend money an time at, and that will last for some more month i think :)

Myrdin
01-19-2017, 08:34 AM
adding content to a browser game (and thats what it is, whatever you say) is the only thing the devs can do to keep it alive and earn money from it. thats the idea behind those games, maybe you didn't know ;)
if you say the content of the game is static then you can say that for nearly all other games too, not only browsergames. i know that there wont be a drastic chance in gameplay but i didnt ask for that, i need more content and thats what a lot of player want (ask around).

atm FKG is my #1 game i spend money an time at, and that will last for some more month i think :)

No, in all honesty I completely agree and sympathize with you. FKG is also my #1 Browser game, and I would love to see the Nutaku version get on the speed rail and catch up on DMM content wise.
Thats also part of the reason I made an account on DMM as well, to take a look at whats about to come (plus the fact that you can do a 50 pull every 2nd week there with the amount of Flower Gems you get on daily basis) :)

Discoceris
01-19-2017, 09:51 PM
If it's just because the Nutaku gacha hasn't been treating you kindly, that is still very much a possibility on DMM. Yes you get more freebies and thus more chances, but that doesn't increases each individual roll's chance of giving you a 5* or 6* knight. Remember that rainbows are still a 0.5% chance.

You are absolutely spot on. However, there's one slight correction I need to make.

When you are given free flower gems, tickets (guaranteed), and numerous promotional opportunities to secure additional "freemiums", you essentially have more reasons to continue to play the game. With free flower gems, you get to perform 10+1 maybe 50% or 100% more often than you would as a purely free player on Nutaku's platform. While this doesn't guarantee you top girls, you essentially are given additional opportunities to try for them, which is still an advantage.