PDA

View Full Version : Sengoku Providence 5* paywall

OP!
01-28-2017, 07:11 PM
Honestly? The only way of acquiring 5* guaranteed is by paying? I was frustrated enough, with the whole '2 different Magatama' thing, but now, knowing I can't even draw the 5* guaranteed under the normal gacha, well, I don't even know, they've left me speechless. Like, most of the gacha is paid. I'm just thinking of dropping this game, and pick up on Kamihime Project, when it comes out...

Jay Rich
01-28-2017, 08:03 PM
Honestly? The only way of acquiring 5* guaranteed is by paying? I was frustrated enough, with the whole '2 different Magatama' thing, but now, knowing I can't even draw the 5* guaranteed under the normal gacha, well, I don't even know, they've left me speechless. Like, most of the gacha is paid. I'm just thinking of dropping this game, and pick up on Kamihime Project, when it comes out...

You do know you can get a 5* Senkai with free Magatama's in the 3xmaga Once Per Day draw gacha? Mind you it is rare to get them with this but I have gotten 2 x 5* Senkai this way, I was very lucky. Sure the Paid Maga gacha make it feel like you wont get one and is kind of stupid as it makes free players feel like they will never get anywhere unless the spend a little money but sadly that is the state of this game.

Unregistered
01-28-2017, 09:21 PM
You do know you can get a 5* Senkai with free Magatama's in the 3xmaga Once Per Day draw gacha? Mind you it is rare to get them with this but I have gotten 2 x 5* Senkai this way, I was very lucky. Sure the Paid Maga gacha make it feel like you wont get one and is kind of stupid as it makes free players feel like they will never get anywhere unless the spend a little money but sadly that is the state of this game.

If I understand correctly sengoku will follow the dmm version, so at some point that 40 magatama gacha will have guaranteed 5* senki. So wouldn't it be better to save magatamas for it or events?

Jay Rich
01-28-2017, 09:39 PM
If I understand correctly sengoku will follow the dmm version, so at some point that 40 magatama gacha will have guaranteed 5* senki. So wouldn't it be better to save magatamas for it or events?

Don't get me wrong I am not saying the daily Gacha is the best way to go, I was lucky to get 2 x 5* Senkai through it. I would agree there are better things you can spend your Magas on such as you described above. Just got to play the waiting game and wait for these things to come to us.

Unregistered
01-29-2017, 05:50 AM
If you stick around and watch for events you get 5* thrown at you basically.

Played since day 1 and have a lot of 5* by now and more to come.
- Three 5* from Daily gachas and that 3 maga discount gacha.
- One 5* from Christmas guranteed gacha.
- Two 5* from New Years guranteed gacha.
- All players got Oda 5* from campaign normal event
- One or Two more 5* will be given out on 31st for campaign hard event
- One 5* Tenkai from crossover event with X-Over
- One 5* Yodo from current event
- One 5* every month from logging in every day (this month it's Oda)
- Two 5* from guild wars, which are not pay to win at all, but you need to be active to get into a good guild

Also they throw enough free maga at you from campaigns, events, daily rewards (and at some point 3 more per day for clearing total war map) so that you can realistically expect two more 5* per month.

So contrary to the rumours, it is actually fairly free to play friendly by now, if you stay active and don't get disencouraged as a new player just starting out.

kringley
01-29-2017, 09:28 AM
If you stick around and watch for events you get 5* thrown at you basically.

Played since day 1 and have a lot of 5* by now and more to come.
- Three 5* from Daily gachas and that 3 maga discount gacha.
- One 5* from Christmas guranteed gacha.
- Two 5* from New Years guranteed gacha.
- All players got Oda 5* from campaign normal event
- One or Two more 5* will be given out on 31st for campaign hard event
- One 5* Tenkai from crossover event with X-Over
- One 5* Yodo from current event
- One 5* every month from logging in every day (this month it's Oda)
- Two 5* from guild wars, which are not pay to win at all, but you need to be active to get into a good guild

Also they throw enough free maga at you from campaigns, events, daily rewards (and at some point 3 more per day for clearing total war map) so that you can realistically expect two more 5* per month.

So contrary to the rumours, it is actually fairly free to play friendly by now, if you stay active and don't get disencouraged as a new player just starting out.

While I don't agree with the OP's point, most of what you've listed here is inaccessible to me.
I haven't had great luck with the daily/discount. I wasn't playing at Christmas/New Years.
Normal campaign - wasn't active in time for that and as it is chapter 11 of Odas was tough.
Hard campaign - haha nope.
Crossover - wasn't playing X-Over and didn't have time for that.
Current event - not going to happen either. I'll be lucky to make it to Oda Nobuhide (4*) - can't complete the special stage without multiple revives.
Monthly login - ok, that one I will be able to get.
Guild wars? I'm looking at my best senki compared to the guild leaders helper and it's just a joke that I'd be able to do anything, and my schedule I think doesn't work well with it either.
(My best at this time is a 4* pre-evolution). I have a few cloths so I can evolve a few 4*s once I get the rest of the materials but it seems like a lot of stuff is slated to be hard if that's all you have.

ZeroZet
01-29-2017, 10:25 AM
You don't actually need to do all that much in Guild Wars. Join a semi-decent guild, throw your five supports in-between actual war sessions (you should be able to do that at least once a day), or even spend your Battle Force cheering for better stat multipliers on actual engagements, if you ever log in during one, and let your teammates win some medals for you ;)

There's also one last venue - senki point exchange. Sell your daily garbage 3* pulls and useless 1* mission drops and you'll get there, eventually. :p

If all else fails, farm yokai dailies. Sure, they cannot participate in Total War, but both normal maps and Guild Wars don't have such restrictions. Besides, you will want 99 luck team members anyway and damn sure you won't achieve that much on normal senhime anytime soon, ever even.

OP!
01-29-2017, 01:14 PM
Besides, you will want 99 luck team members anyway and damn sure you won't achieve that much on normal senhime anytime soon, ever even.

Let's just say: I am still clueless as to what 'luck' is, or does.

Well, yes, it is as some of you say, eventually, you'll get a 5* through normal gacha, somewhere around a 27% chance on 10-chain.
That was not the point, though, it's not as if I take it as bad advice, or anything.
As for the 5* during events, sure, they're not that hard to get, at least not those now. Found myself someone with a revival skill. Other than that, I need a decently strong team, and a bit of actual luck. Probably not what runs within the game mechanics though.
Neither of which, I have. For the "decently strong team", I'll get there eventually, I guess.

kringley
01-29-2017, 03:47 PM
You don't actually need to do all that much in Guild Wars. Join a semi-decent guild, throw your five supports in-between actual war sessions (you should be able to do that at least once a day), or even spend your Battle Force cheering for better stat multipliers on actual engagements, if you ever log in during one, and let your teammates win some medals for you ;)

There's also one last venue - senki point exchange. Sell your daily garbage 3* pulls and useless 1* mission drops and you'll get there, eventually. :p

If all else fails, farm yokai dailies. Sure, they cannot participate in Total War, but both normal maps and Guild Wars don't have such restrictions. Besides, you will want 99 luck team members anyway and damn sure you won't achieve that much on normal senhime anytime soon, ever even.

I'll throw my hat into a guild and see how it goes. Some of that was all rather confusing to me in the absence of trying it.
Senki point exchange :P at current rates I think I only have to play for 500 more weeks.
The dailies - I wasn't quite sure how those work anyways. Only tried a couple, normal is easy, hard I lost at... but normal didn't drop anything worth picking up. I'm not quite sure about what to do with those if you get them (and yokai vs senhime...I'm not quite sure of the meanings).
Thanks for the advice.

ZeroZet
01-29-2017, 11:21 PM
All in all, evolving 4* into 5* and leveling them to 70 will give you "decently strong" team that will tide you over till you obtain some natural 5*.

Let's just say: I am still clueless as to what 'luck' is, or does.From what I gathered, Luck lets you obtain additional goodies from the results screen. Remember the screen with portraits of your party leader, second girl and helper at the end of the map or guild war raid? There.
One luck equals 1% chance, each of three portrayed girls rolls separately for up to three additional rewards.
People suggest that this "luck roll" is the best way to, for example, farm darumas from dojo maps: grind 1 stamina one and reap three darumas every time)
Maximum luck depends on a rarity of a unit, with coveted 99 being exclusive domain of 6* (read evolved / godified 5*)

The dailies - I wasn't quite sure how those work anyways. Only tried a couple, normal is easy, hard I lost at... but normal didn't drop anything worth picking up. I'm not quite sure about what to do with those if you get them (and yokai vs senhime...I'm not quite sure of the meanings).
Well, drop rates do depend on difficulty (and so, stamina cost) for dailies, so it might require quite a number of runs to see the youkai drop from lower ones. on the other hand, you might encounter a yatagarasu and snipe yourself an imperial mirror there)
And main distinction of youkai versus senki is that youkai (or "inhuman clan" as game denotes them) are not allowed in Total War. Well, that and the fact that girls need to devour them as a part godification ritual)