PDA

View Full Version : Awakening Question

Deeyz
02-04-2017, 08:08 AM
Is it worth it to use Bernice as Awakening material for Maribel if you have 2 min cost max skilled Maribel's?

lolix
02-04-2017, 08:12 AM
bernice is the better tank with or without skill , so do the math

Tenhou
02-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Bernice is in all honesty a much better and steadier tank than Maribel, i'd level and awaken her before Maribel any day.

To put it like this: Maribel is only a good tank during skill use, Bernice just needs to be placed and she'll weather whatever storm is thrown at you. Maribel has her good moments, but should only be used as an off-tank.

Deeyz
02-04-2017, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the advice, I figured as much. Should I even make Maribel my next awakening target if that's the case?

lolix
02-04-2017, 08:26 AM
depends what u have awakened already and what you still need.

We can't really give advice without knowing your team.

For example , do you have an AW spica ? Do you have any other % attack/defense boosters ? (ex uzume/sherry)
Do you have your core units (HAT + soldiers ) awakened ?
Do you have any other boosters (like celia/cuterie/monica) ?

Not much advice without knowing that.
As for heavies , i dont see the need to rush awaken 2 heavies right one after the other....expecially since there aren't that many maps taht require 2 awakened heavies anwayy (i for example have just bernice awakened and Mari is not even cc-ed , even tho shes min costed and maxed skilled)

Deeyz
02-04-2017, 08:34 AM
So far I have awakened Spica, Belinda, Iris, Aria, and Katie. I don't have many good pulls from packs with the exception of Bashira. I was either going to awaken a heavy next or a fighter like Lolonee

lolix
02-04-2017, 08:37 AM
in that case bernice is a good unit to AW. SHes a good heavy on her own , and her AW passive buffs herself and her allies defense (edit :i meant allied heavies) by 5% as well.

After that i'd go for either a mage or a duelist as well

Deeyz
02-04-2017, 08:43 AM
Thanks for all the advice guys, its really appreciated. With that being said; I have an idea of which duelist to awaken but which mage should I choose? I have Odette (mincosted), Cyrus (working on affection currently) and Noel

lolix
02-04-2017, 09:45 AM
Odette is the best in terms of dps , but noel has a pretty good AW passive as well. So its between the 2 depending on your gold situation i guess

ZeroZet
02-05-2017, 12:43 AM
Noel all the way. After all, she's a unit whom you want to keep in your team ALL the time you can just for her passive.
And besides, sooner you awaken her the sooner her passive will make you rich. ;)

kayfabe
02-06-2017, 02:16 AM
Maribel has her good moments, but should only be used as an off-tank.

Yeah, and honestly, even then the whole "offensive heavy armor" niche is a very awkward fit in this game and she's saved from total obscurity mostly by the fact that she's so damn cheap to acquire and mincost compared to the current samurai available. Otherwise you could make a pretty solid argument that she's basically a Kojuro sidegrade--she's a bit more evasive and has better EHP but her unbuffed attack power is waaaay worse and she only hits a unit at a time.

IvanLedah21
02-06-2017, 08:22 AM
Noel all the way. After all, she's a unit whom you want to keep in your team ALL the time you can just for her passive.
And besides, sooner you awaken her the sooner her passive will make you rich. ;)

I'm swimming in gold so I don't need that nonsense :p

In all seriousness though, keep in mind Noel's passive is a long-term investment so if you're having issues with event or story stages, Odette is a safer bet since it'll be bigger assist to clear maps (unless you need the mage/healer hybrid to help heal sometimes)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and honestly, even then the whole "offensive heavy armor" niche is a very awkward fit in this game and she's saved from total obscurity mostly by the fact that she's so damn cheap to acquire and mincost compared to the current samurai available. Otherwise you could make a pretty solid argument that she's basically a Kojuro sidegrade--she's a bit more evasive and has better EHP but her unbuffed attack power is waaaay worse and she only hits a unit at a time.

I'd argue that she's more comparable to Elva, since she's also an event unit that's fairly bulky dps with high UP cost (Maribel is more durable with skill, Elva does more damage). Kojuro is a mob killer like all samurai, just defensive skill unlike the plats

Deeyz
02-06-2017, 08:38 PM
You have all been very helpful. I've finished the regular campaign and am currently sitting at around 1 million gold so money isn't really an issue. I awaken about ~1 toon a month and I think Odette will be my next. Thanks for all the advice going forward

kayfabe
02-06-2017, 10:12 PM
I'd argue that she's more comparable to Elva, since she's also an event unit that's fairly bulky dps with high UP cost (Maribel is more durable with skill, Elva does more damage). Kojuro is a mob killer like all samurai, just defensive skill unlike the plats

Honestly, I was just mentioning Kojuro to make the description as backhanded as possible since he's a full rarity tier lower and can block most of the same things while having waaaaay better wave clear just as a passive ability. Basically, what I'm saying here is that Maribel is pretty bad.

ZeroZet
02-06-2017, 11:02 PM
I've finished the regular campaign and am currently sitting at around 1 million gold so money isn't really an issue. 1M is a pittance. Between Awakenings costing 200-300 k upfront and the cost of leveling unit back to 80, 90 or even 99, especially if your spirit stashes are lacking, that much goes poof very quickly.

But yes, Odette's pretty solid mage to have, true. And her attack is 60 points more than Noel's)

IvanLedah21
02-07-2017, 08:44 AM
1M is a pittance. Between Awakenings costing 200-300 k upfront and the cost of leveling unit back to 80, 90 or even 99, especially if your spirit stashes are lacking, that much goes poof very quickly.

But yes, Odette's pretty solid mage to have, true. And her attack is 60 points more than Noel's)

I think I'm over 15M and I've done almost all the AW I'll likely do, with a handful of exceptions or future lucky draws.

Ramazan
02-07-2017, 08:46 AM

Well, comparing maribel with kojuro was interesting o_O
My one of the biggest regrets in the game was levelling both emilia and maribel.

Tenhou
02-07-2017, 10:12 AM
I never leveled Emilia but i did level Maribel the first time she had her event. Never had a single regret about that because she's a great offtank when you lack other things.

kayfabe
02-08-2017, 01:51 AM
Plus I'd argue that she was considerably more defensible back when we lacked DKs, Samurai hadn't been buffed yet and you didn't have to Awaken her to keep her up-to-date. It's her long-term usefulness has really suffered.

IvanLedah21
02-08-2017, 07:32 AM
Plus I'd argue that she was considerably more defensible back when we lacked DKs, Samurai hadn't been buffed yet and you didn't have to Awaken her to keep her up-to-date. It's her long-term usefulness has really suffered.

Valid points. The samurai adjustments and DK additions have hurt her bad. Emilia on the other hand, by the time she came out we had a number of ways to deal with where her niche would actually be useful.

Ramazan
02-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Well, i remember i only deployed emilia at GR monk map where she was very highly replaceable. Even thetis havent seen the light, hoping to aw her soon and then maybe i can finally use her with her niche... Tho i must first ask for aw55 lyla and cc70 lolonee's permission first :p oh and sophie better not get in the way... (rip thetis)
As for maribel i think she needs aw to be, at least, better than leeanne. We got bernice from gold rush so i'd continue using leeanne as off-tank and aw bernice instead unless have so many spare aw fodders, money, orbs etc to aw both .__. now this explains why i regretted it.

ZeroZet
02-08-2017, 10:18 PM
AWThetis works wonders on hi-poison maps. And if we even be getting a regular Subjugations, valks' cost-generation will be more than handy tool to have.

And really, it is better to raise Samurai as an off(ensive)-tank now when they can pull their weights)