PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Team?

Tinkermane
02-09-2017, 08:33 AM
So since this community seems rather helpful and polite, figured I'd ask for a bit of help on my party composition. I've played the game a little bit here and there over the years on different accounts, but never overly serious like I'm trying for this one. For now my team consists mostly of units that "I like", but I do realize that sometimes the ones that I specifically like may not be entirely optimal, especially once I make it past the desert maps into harder campaigns.

So this is what my team is right now:

I don't want to take up even more image space listing the units I have in my barracks, so I'll just point out that I also have: Iris. Bernice. Monica. Fignelia. Anemone. Cornelia. Kagura. Sabinne. Marr. Camilla. Colin. Odette. Sophie. Eden.

I'm going to assume that I should probably put Fignelia in my party somewhere. Mikoto just by herself probably isn't enough in the temporary slow department, right? I'm not having any issues right now, but I probably will encounter some in the future. I also feel I should ask, does Marr (as a Feng Shui User) reduce the hp reduction effect on the desert missions? If so I should probably put her on the team too; currently kind of stuck on the second base defense map.

Anyway, thoughts? Ideas? Kind of all ears here. Like I said, first time I've actually decided to keep a serious account, so not entirely sure what's best or not.

lolix
02-09-2017, 10:13 AM
You have a lot of goods units to be honest , but i just dont udnerstand why you're using the gold male healer over camilla. I'd also replace chizuru with sophie (while chizuru is a great ranged rod , sophie tends to be the better all around rod. I guess you could use chizuru as an antiswarm , but her crap defense makes her kinda meh to anything bigger then goblins)

You could replace 1 of the 2 princesses with sabinne if you lack ranged on a melee spot , and dont have saki yet.
I'd suggest you replace lilia if you do that ,since sherry has a great AW passive that buffs all golds or lowers (and you seem to have plenty of golds )

Honestly , i'd probably replace elllet as well with something lese (camilla or marr or something). I don't really see the point of having 2 healers on meele on most maps , especially if you have good healers on ranged. The again , if you have great ranged DPS , you might want to use them over your ranged healers , especially if limited by ranged slots on a map.

PS : i'd try to get spica as well if u dont have it.

Those are my very first thoughts. I'll update if i see something else

EDIT : actually you have so many good units that i'd raise to be honest. Entirely forgot about fignelia. She is a great witch as well. I'd probably replace fuuka with her if i needed more magic dps

Tinkermane
02-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Main reason I have Robert is simply because I had CC'd him far before I got Camilla, which means he has higher range. I did have Sophie in there (First black I drew on this account) and I'm not sure when I ended up switching her out. 'Course, leveling her past one might help. I like having my twin Princesses, but until I can get Lilia Awakened she's not really a super heavy tank and Sherry is simply better. I did replace Ellet with Marr (mainly for the double heal, although events with map effects will be nice to have her on) and Fuuka with Fignelia, although I'm still teetering on that one a bit. If my mages weren't so costly, I'd just keep Fuuka. Even if Fignelia is better in the long run.

As for Spica, I'm probably going to get her today as a matter of fact, I have 126 DC, few runs of the daily and I'll have enough. My question is, should Spica replace Bashira or Claire?

Unregistered
02-09-2017, 11:45 AM
Bernice is one of the best tanks in the game, and is something to consider for your team.

Fignelia is going to be your best single target ranged magical DPS and is great for maps with super heavy hitting enemies that you want to stall their movement with.

I personally LOVE mikoto and drop her 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in almost every map. A def keep. The nice thing about mikoto is she frees up slots, as she preforms almost like a warlock and a witch combined. She will not have the wave clear that a warlock does, or the slow that a witch does, but does enough of both to be very useful for her skill and up. She can halt strong bosses or stop rush maps long enough for you to switch out something or generate that last bit of UP to win. Mikoto combos well with assassinate hi-jinks as well, giving you more hits for more proc chances (let's face it, some maps need that lucky assassinate unless you have a lot of cheap blacks that can instant skill to clear things).

I would pick Sherry as your melee magic dps. She is more attack oriented and will have a better AW for your current team. Sherry is the highest damaging princess as well I believe, getting higher numbers than the blacks with skill active.

Pick one melee healer over the other. Don't need two. Marr is a great healer to build as she makes poison and desert maps more bearable (yes, she reduces damage on placement in deserts, but you have to place her early to get any use from that), while at the same time having the output of a silver healer on multiple people. The male healer isn't a bad idea to build up, simply because you need male units for some maps. However, the gold female healers will out-class him. Camilla is considered by most to be the best pure-healer currently available, so that is something to consider as well.

One thing I notice is you have 4 physical dps ranged slots and no spica. Spica should be your #1 priority right now imo. I have never used the ranger, but I would imagine her and your gold archer are much less useful than other options you have. Plat archer + Marr + Prince + Gold Cannon unit can clear crystal G on their own btw, without need of additional units, (pending on how leveled they are) so getting the crystals for spica shouldn't be too much trouble.

Ditch the plat valk you have. She really isn't any better than Kerry (considering Kerry is much easier to cost reduce and place early). You already have princesses and aria as UP ramp, so I would put effort into other units besides her.

You have some great units :)

lolix
02-09-2017, 11:50 AM
COnsidering claire is not even awakened yet , it's probably her for now. After AW/SAW , claire might actually have a different use (she can attack 3 targets at once) , but right now shes just a gold archer with attack increase. Spica is a plat archer (and an elf at that) with attack and range increase , so for now , she's a direct upgrade.

Bashira is a burst archer. Shes good vs bosses or stuf that needs to be killed fast. That's a different niche , and that's why i'd keep her in the team over claire.

PS ; the gold male healer is quite a bit weaker then iris as well , so at the very worst , id get iris instead of him if camilla is not cc-ed

Tinkermane
02-09-2017, 11:59 AM
Well, I'm not getting Spica any time soon. Game trolled me, and gave me 3-4 demon crystal drops every time except for the last time after I spent all my stamina/charisma. I'm at freaking 198 DC because the game gave me two drops on my last run. To hell with you, MWA. To hell with you.

AgentFakku
02-09-2017, 01:53 PM
I use Robert as my main healer along with Iris, who are my highest rarity for healers. Don't see the issue w/ him.

lolix
02-09-2017, 02:06 PM
the issue with him is that he has a 380 attack at max level , after awakening, while an alissa for example has 378 at cc50 , and only wins at higher skill levels in attack (he has heal 2 instead of heal 1. So 1.7x increase in damage as opossed to 1.5x)

Not considering AW , he has 311 attack , more then 60 damage lower then a healer with a whole rarity lower then him. Hell , Christopher , the other silver male healer has 328 attack.

His only advantage is that he has the cost of a silver (guess that's fair , considering his healling power is compared with a silver) , a decent passive , and a better skill. But stats wise , he's weaker then even silvers in healing power , right untill very high AW levels

AgentFakku
02-09-2017, 02:10 PM
oh crap, should have lvl up Christopher - should look at stats more often

when I got Robert before Christopher which was a long gap - I was like super stoked to have a male healer for male only daily missions

lolix
02-09-2017, 02:40 PM
oh crap, should have lvl up Christopher - should look at stats more often

when I got Robert before Christopher which was a long gap - I was like super stoked to have a male healer for male only daily missions

if thats how u intend to use him , he's okay , since he also increases the drop rate to alcohol , so utility wise , he's better. But his aff bonus being hp instead of attack is really bad

Ericridge
02-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Have you done the tutorial missions? If not, then you're missing out on bunch of free silver units for CCing or whatever other purpose. I say this because it looks like you don't have Katie. And Katie is a reward in there. You also get an Cloris if you like her.

Reasons is because Katie is a soldier that have highest defense out of all soldiers that I know of unless there's something on DMM Aigis with even higher defense than katie for a soldier.

lolix
02-10-2017, 12:05 AM
he most likely has a mincosted aria and diesnt want to run a 2 soldier setup (i don't really like to run 2 soldiers either. I do it on certain maps that require early blockers or high UP generation , but other then that , i don't. And having a jerome , i also dont have katie in my team. Its probably the same here , with him having a mincosted aria)

SilverFox
02-10-2017, 02:30 AM
Can't speak for your play style but I would use this team:

Cheap Blocker:
Katie (generally her defense makes her more useful as a lasting first drop imo)
Flamel (another blocker but offers healing versatility)

Range Physical
Bashira (Claire's skill and AW ability is cool over time but I rather have Triple Shot)
Spica (+7% Atk for each arrow in Triple Shot)

Range Magical
Fignella
Mikoto
Mehlis/Odette (Splash is better for general purpose though. Haven't really needed -20% magic damage yet with MR units)

Dedicated Healing:
Camilla
Iris

Walls
Bernice (Get AW and level increase Defense III, otherwise MinMax Leeanne is easy/cool)
Lilia, Sophie and Cornelia can also be tanky though it's not a direct comparison.

4 open slots reserved for what's useful on the particular map. More healing, blocking, ect.

Sherry can have like +1500 magic attack though she needs to matchup with the right target. I found her defense greatly diminishes her usefulness as a boss duelist.

Sophie or Cornelia can help on the physical front. I haven't really needed to dedicate a spot for an Artillery Officer yet.

Lately Golems were introduced so something with high HP would be useful. I don't have any good bandits so relied on Anya and her skill.

IvanLedah21
02-10-2017, 08:00 AM
So since this community seems rather helpful and polite, figured I'd ask for a bit of help on my party composition. I've played the game a little bit here and there over the years on different accounts, but never overly serious like I'm trying for this one. For now my team consists mostly of units that "I like", but I do realize that sometimes the ones that I specifically like may not be entirely optimal, especially once I make it past the desert maps into harder campaigns.

So this is what my team is right now:

I don't want to take up even more image space listing the units I have in my barracks, so I'll just point out that I also have: Iris. Bernice. Monica. Fignelia. Anemone. Cornelia. Kagura. Sabinne. Marr. Camilla. Colin. Odette. Sophie. Eden.

I'm going to assume that I should probably put Fignelia in my party somewhere. Mikoto just by herself probably isn't enough in the temporary slow department, right? I'm not having any issues right now, but I probably will encounter some in the future. I also feel I should ask, does Marr (as a Feng Shui User) reduce the hp reduction effect on the desert missions? If so I should probably put her on the team too; currently kind of stuck on the second base defense map.

Anyway, thoughts? Ideas? Kind of all ears here. Like I said, first time I've actually decided to keep a serious account, so not entirely sure what's best or not.

My own opinions to add to the rest:

Light Blockers: Aria, Flamel. Katie if you want a 2nd soldier for more UP on certain maps, otherwise Aria wins.

Heavy: Bernice, Cornelia

Healers: Marr, Camilla. Iris as a 3rd when needed. Robert's only real use when you have Camilla, Marr and/or Iris is Toast to Men/Male only maps

Ranged Magic Damage: Mikoto, Fignelia, Odette

Melee Magic: Sherry. Sabinne is a decent option for ranged melee

Ranged Physical: Spica (get ASAP), Bashira, Mel, Monica (at least for Crystal Keeper)

Other: Sophie (Lightning Rod and powerful temporary blocker).

Yes, Marr reduces HP loss on desert maps if you drop her early on (I'd drop her 2nd after Aria in most cases, as UP/blocking/ranged needs permit)

Ditch for sure: Claire (you have plenty of ranged physical and should be replaced by Spica ASAP), Robert (outside of male-only maps), Dahlia (niche is blocking mages due to MR + Risk Life (defense loss doesn't matter against mages but huge attack boost does)), Anemone (outclassed by Sabinne). Probably Kagura and Noel though I'd listen to opinions on those who use those first.

Situational: Fuuka, Eden

Tinkermane
02-11-2017, 02:25 AM
Have you done the tutorial missions? If not, then you're missing out on bunch of free silver units for CCing or whatever other purpose. I say this because it looks like you don't have Katie. And Katie is a reward in there. You also get an Cloris if you like her.

Reasons is because Katie is a soldier that have highest defense out of all soldiers that I know of unless there's something on DMM Aigis with even higher defense than katie for a soldier.

Lolix hit this one on the head; I do have both of those, but they were replaced by units that were simply better (mincosted Aria and Fig). Sure, Katie's defense is nice, but Aria's higher attack means she's not being whaled on as long by smaller enemies at the start of maps. Couple Aria with Misha (who I decided to go ahead and add for her heal and cheap UP cost even though she's silver) and I rarely have to worry about UP, at least so far. Although, if I want to look farther ahead to when I eventually start awakening, +2% to attack from Aria is far more useful to most of my units than 2% defense from Katie.

That, and I just like how Aria looks over Katie. :D

My own opinions to add to the rest:

Light Blockers: Aria, Flamel. Katie if you want a 2nd soldier for more UP on certain maps, otherwise Aria wins.

Heavy: Bernice, Cornelia

Healers: Marr, Camilla. Iris as a 3rd when needed. Robert's only real use when you have Camilla, Marr and/or Iris is Toast to Men/Male only maps

Ranged Magic Damage: Mikoto, Fignelia, Odette

Melee Magic: Sherry. Sabinne is a decent option for ranged melee

Ranged Physical: Spica (get ASAP), Bashira, Mel, Monica (at least for Crystal Keeper)

Other: Sophie (Lightning Rod and powerful temporary blocker).

Yes, Marr reduces HP loss on desert maps if you drop her early on (I'd drop her 2nd after Aria in most cases, as UP/blocking/ranged needs permit)

Ditch for sure: Claire (you have plenty of ranged physical and should be replaced by Spica ASAP), Robert (outside of male-only maps), Dahlia (niche is blocking mages due to MR + Risk Life (defense loss doesn't matter against mages but huge attack boost does)), Anemone (outclassed by Sabinne). Probably Kagura and Noel though I'd listen to opinions on those who use those first.

Situational: Fuuka, Eden

Yea, my final build after everyone's feedback pretty much looks like this. The only exception is keeping Mehlis, as (for right now) Odette is far more expensive and I haven't had need to reduce magic damage done by enemies yet. And since I still had one spot open, I tossed Misha (silver Valk) in there, mainly because her heal is god-like and she can stand her ground for a bit far from healers on maps where I have lots of fast little buggers. If I ever get Lilia awakened, she'll probably take over for Sherry on maps with strong bosses, just because her self heal + Sophie means she can just face tank pretty much anything.

Mitsuru
02-11-2017, 04:11 AM
Hey i would like to have some advice aswell
Pretty clueless on who to level or awaken next, i'm doing fairly well on events but usually struggle a bit on the last G maps
This is my team, normally there is a kerry in there too instead of one of the silver archers

In my Barracks i have:
Kerry
Hunter Bella
Sailor Viera
Witch Cloris
Necromancer Memento ( Not min costed couldn't finish the event)
Vampire Eden (Full event bonus)
Magic Swordsman Anemone
Gunner Mel
And Odette (cr -2 skill 4/16)

lolix
02-11-2017, 04:51 AM
odette even at that cost is still a better mage then barbi. Quite a bit actually.

Kinda wonder why you're missing bashira (unless you started playing during the time that they gave kerry as a first summon , and stopped during the trading post 1 time deal , i see no reason for any team not to have bashira , unless they have something like nanaly or elizabeth ). Iris is also probably the better of the 2 healers to have awaken because her heal bomb is quite usefull at times. More so then -1 cost usually

Other then that , your team is fine. You could probably awaken bernice and your duelists

Mitsuru
02-11-2017, 06:52 AM
Yeah i started a long time ago and got kerry back then, stop playing for a while and just came back like 2 months ago.
Missed the whole Bashira time unfortunately =/ hope to get her through gacha some time.

Ok so i will level Odette next and Awaken Bernice as soon as i have the DCs.
Thank you very much ;)