PDA

View Full Version : Incentives to do "Battle"?

vem
02-15-2017, 12:05 PM
The bosses have better drops and a chance to drop a girl, plus are often required to progress. While the "battle" option only gives a tiny bit of XP/cash and mojo points which have zero significance other than ladder placement.. so you're basically always better off fighting the bosses.

This seems to be really bad design, the ladder is basically an indicator of how much energy you wasted on not progressing, instead of your power level or whatever.

Doctorwhoa
02-15-2017, 05:03 PM
I'd have to say the opposite is true. The boss battles will give less cash and XP than a normal battle, use up twice the battle points, and do nothing for you in the tower of fame. Eventually you will get to a point where they won't even give XP. The drop rate is so low as to be negligible. I think they do bump that up a bit for the holiday as most my drops came at that time. I've had six drops in three months playing daily. I had three of those near Christmas including two holiday drops available, and one yesterday. After three months, I have under a third of those available drops, many of which are no longer there. I now have all normal characters from the Dark Lord, one from the ninja spy, and none from the other three bosses. It took me three days of battles to get a quest item to move along and received no girl drops. I've made the decision not to even try for the holiday drops, as they are essentially the same girl. I think it would be weird to have say Christmas Arcana or Halloween Kimmie and not have the original.

AgentFakku
02-15-2017, 05:48 PM
Ur talking about the battle to up your mojo?

I honestly don't do 'em at all

just grinding bosses to get gurl drops since I only have story and event gurls

Kinkoid
02-16-2017, 01:25 AM
Hey Heroes ;)
we're indeed working on a full rebalancing of the game to make it more interesting.
We've actually been working on it for months, but we'd like to release the rebalancing along with the next big feature that's gonna be called "CONTESTS". I won't tell more about it, should be self explanatory :).
Should be a question of weeks, not months, our team is focused on it.
But yeah, "battles" should be a central part of the game and currently, they're not... so we're gonna fix that ;)

vem
02-16-2017, 02:16 AM
I'd have to say the opposite is true. The boss battles will give less cash and XP than a normal battle, use up twice the battle points, and do nothing for you in the tower of fame. Eventually you will get to a point where they won't even give XP. The drop rate is so low as to be negligible. I think they do bump that up a bit for the holiday as most my drops came at that time. I've had six drops in three months playing daily. I had three of those near Christmas including two holiday drops available, and one yesterday. After three months, I have under a third of those available drops, many of which are no longer there. I now have all normal characters from the Dark Lord, one from the ninja spy, and none from the other three bosses. It took me three days of battles to get a quest item to move along and received no girl drops. I've made the decision not to even try for the holiday drops, as they are essentially the same girl. I think it would be weird to have say Christmas Arcana or Halloween Kimmie and not have the original.

I suppose it depends on the opponents level, idk. I'm currently in ninja village and I get ~16 xp for fighting the boss, whereas battle opponents give me 5 or so. I also have like 7500 ego which is like 3-4 times higher than anyone I get to duel with so if I got higher maybe it would give me more, but I only do it with the spare 1 battle point since I got 5 max atm >.>

I only had val red battler drop from dark lord but I missed the first few days so guess its not too bad.

Suteri
02-17-2017, 08:30 AM
I think Boss battles are better than the option "battle"
Both the money you win and the xp are much bigger than a common battle, and you have a chance to get some girls.
The only advantage of not battling bosses is the mojo, and if I really want some, I can battle in the tower of fame, not the arena. Anyway, the mojo is also useless as it only serves to raise your rank in the tower of fame, Which is also useless cause not giving you any ranking reward
So ... we can say that the battle arena and Tower of Fame is practically useless :(

Doctorwhoa
02-18-2017, 09:57 PM
I suppose it depends on the opponents level, idk. I'm currently in ninja village and I get ~16 xp for fighting the boss, whereas battle opponents give me 5 or so. I also have like 7500 ego which is like 3-4 times higher than anyone I get to duel with so if I got higher maybe it would give me more, but I only do it with the spare 1 battle point since I got 5 max atm >.>

I only had val red battler drop from dark lord but I missed the first few days so guess its not too bad.

It seems to me your battle opponents are approximately equal to the mojo you have built up. If you are mostly battling bosses then you would have very little mojo built up since they don't give any. Battling weak opponents give you little experience. I don't really believe your figures. I have over 12,000 ego and can gain over 30 pts battling someone with 3000 ego. The ninja spy only has 2000 ego so I really doubt your points. I get 0 experience battling the ninja spy.

I am much further along than you, but by the time I was in Ninja Village and went back to battle the Dark Lord, it would not even reward me XP anymore, only money or item drops. It was suggested to me to keep some of my harem at level one to combat this, but even this did not work after a time.

vem
02-20-2017, 05:01 AM
It seems to me your battle opponents are approximately equal to the mojo you have built up. If you are mostly battling bosses then you would have very little mojo built up since they don't give any. Battling weak opponents give you little experience. I don't really believe your figures. I have over 12,000 ego and can gain over 30 pts battling someone with 3000 ego. The ninja spy only has 2000 ego so I really doubt your points. I get 0 experience battling the ninja spy.

I am much further along than you, but by the time I was in Ninja Village and went back to battle the Dark Lord, it would not even reward me XP anymore, only money or item drops. It was suggested to me to keep some of my harem at level one to combat this, but even this did not work after a time.

I only get decent XP if I get a higher level opponent in battle, but most of them give like 5.

Doctorwhoa
02-20-2017, 09:20 PM

I only get decent XP if I get a higher level opponent in battle, but most of them give like 5.

I think you're confusing Mojo and XP. Battling a boss will never give you Mojo. It may give you XP. I have battled other characters with 3000 Ego and it will give me more than 30 XP anywhere from 14-18 Mojo. You need to really pay attention to the characteristic of the judges. IE if you're battling while the old man is judge, he will call out positions which are usually based on know-how (70% of the time). You can generally beat someone with a lower ego than you unless their stat in the main category is higher than yours. You will get more Mojo and XP if the battle lasts longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an example. Right now I have 12,396 Ego with 965 in charm and 530 in both harcore and know-how. I have chosen to battle someone that has 6464 Ego and hardcore/charm/know-how of 741/620/700. I earned 52 XP, 15 Mojo and 68 money. I then battled the Ninja spy who has 2076 Ego and 84/118/152. I earned no Mojo since boss battles don't give any. I also earned no XP since the battle is over in about a second. My prize was a box of chocolates instead of money.

vem
03-15-2017, 02:29 AM
I think you're confusing Mojo and XP. Battling a boss will never give you Mojo. It may give you XP. I have battled other characters with 3000 Ego and it will give me more than 30 XP anywhere from 14-18 Mojo. You need to really pay attention to the characteristic of the judges. IE if you're battling while the old man is judge, he will call out positions which are usually based on know-how (70% of the time). You can generally beat someone with a lower ego than you unless their stat in the main category is higher than yours. You will get more Mojo and XP if the battle lasts longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an example. Right now I have 12,396 Ego with 965 in charm and 530 in both harcore and know-how. I have chosen to battle someone that has 6464 Ego and hardcore/charm/know-how of 741/620/700. I earned 52 XP, 15 Mojo and 68 money. I then battled the Ninja spy who has 2076 Ego and 84/118/152. I earned no Mojo since boss battles don't give any. I also earned no XP since the battle is over in about a second. My prize was a box of chocolates instead of money.

I guess it evens up eventually.. I'm finishing invaded kingdom and the boss currently gives me 25 xp, while battle mode gives anywhere between 15-25. But when I start the next zone the reward will probably go up for a while. So battle might be more xp/point eventually, but you'd still not want to miss a chance to get the girls. Update: Edwarda gives me 62 xp currently, which is much higher xp/point than doing battle.

Also, climbing the tower seems to be a HUGE grind. I get around 15 mojo for beating opponents in the battle section, and dueling someone in top 10 only gives 32 mojo, so even if you're strong enough to beat someone on top of the ladder you still get pretty much nothing, which is a huge flaw in my opinion. Aka it has nothing to do with your character power, and instead is all about how many times you click the Battle button.