PDA

View Full Version : SSR weapon vs Heroic Soul

VortexMagus
02-20-2017, 01:24 PM
Long story short, I recently pulled my second magic jewel pull, and I was lucky enough to get a Shiva. She comes with an SSR water staff.

However, I'm heavily specced into the mordred line already - I've finished maxing out Asmund and almost done with Rosenkreuz (the two elite soul prerequisites to Mordred). Mordred does not use staffs.

Is the benefits of wielding an SSR single element weapon great enough that I should respec into a heroic soul line that uses staffs? Or do I ignore the strongest weapon I've got, the only SSR weapon, and just continue along to Mordred, who I heard has some of the best afflictions available?

---

Also, I've got a ton of the enhance weapon material cherub weapons. Do I spend them to boost one of my weapons? Do I hold them? I suspect they're useful for something besides exp fodder but I've no idea what.

scrubp
02-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Just use the SSR weapon as a statstick in your weapon pool if you've got nothing better for now. Wielding it as a mainhand weapon will give you stronger Burst attacks with your Soul, but since you've already invested in the Mordred line, don't bother trying to unlock other classes right now. Focus on getting Mordred as soon as you can.

Ringabel
02-20-2017, 01:35 PM
are you sure it staff, not spear?

VortexMagus
02-20-2017, 04:05 PM
Sorry, you're right, its a lance, not a staff, just double checked. Well, Mordred can't use lances so its the same either way lol.

Ringabel
02-20-2017, 08:46 PM
only 2 difference between holding in mainhand and holding in sub slot

1- burst change.
2- mainhand weapon element determine element of soul

stat contribution will be same, although weapons will give 20% more ATK and HP if it is same type used by soul. just slightly more stat, not worth to change class completely in this early stage of game like scrubp said.

Ramazan
02-20-2017, 09:01 PM
only 2 difference between holding in mainhand and holding in sub slot

1- burst change.
2- mainhand weapon element determine element of soul

stat contribution will be same, although weapons will give 20% more ATK and HP if it is same type used by soul. just slightly more stat, not worth to change class completely in this early stage of game like scrubp said.
Thanks so much! i also wanted to know this info. Btw what you mean by bold text ^

Ringabel
02-20-2017, 09:07 PM
sorry for poor english >__<;;

if u check heroic soul, they have preferred weapon type. it same as weapon they can hold in mainhand. warrior soul can use axe and sword, knight soul can use sword and spear, healer soul can use staff and spear and so on.

u can equip any weapon type in 9 sub slot. but if it same as soul preferred weapon type, it add 20% extra HP and ATK.

example- if u have 1000ATK 100HP SSR spear

u equip mainhand on Olivier, it give 1200ATK, 120HP
u cannot equip mainhand spear on Merlin

u equip in sub weapon slot on Olivier, it give 1200ATK, 120HP because it preferred weapon.
if sub weapon slot on Merlin, it give 1000ATK, 100HP because it not preferred weapon.

we did testing and provided proof that this mechanic exists in Kamihime Project in the FAQ thread.

Ramazan
02-21-2017, 01:25 AM
Ooooh, i got it. Well, i for instance cannot equip d'artagnan without anything but Gun. So there's %20 attack difference between equipping them or not i see now thx \o/

Redcheese
02-21-2017, 03:52 AM
Oh. If I equip one of the preferred weapon of the soul into one of the 9 slots, it increases that weapon' s stats by 20%. Did I get that right?

Ringabel
02-21-2017, 04:20 AM
it more correct to say the weapon stat dont change, but the value of stat added to character is increased by 20%

u can test by equipping and removing weapon in empty party and check the hp of the soul in other panel when editing. try find a weapon with exactly 50hp to make it easy