PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for a Wind advent!

CBW
03-14-2017, 01:30 AM
My Fire team is awful... Amon, Nergal, Ignis all with stats around 16K and 2 skill boosts. My Dark team has 18K and 4 skill boosts. I still think Fire team will do better. Now I have 2 days to whip them into shape... UGH! I thought I had a week!

I can add 5 weapon boosts and that's about it. How is everyone else looking for the next event?

dreadpin
03-14-2017, 04:57 AM
well i got no other elements...i'm dark all the way~

jazz154
03-14-2017, 05:27 AM
I am going in with water team, since I don't really have any fire weapons and difference in strength is rather big because I run mainly water and wind teams.

Namakurimu
03-14-2017, 05:45 AM
My Fire team is awful... Amon, Nergal, Ignis all with stats around 16K and 2 skill boosts. My Dark team has 18K and 4 skill boosts. I still think Fire team will do better. Now I have 2 days to whip them into shape... UGH! I thought I had a week!

I can add 5 weapon boosts and that's about it. How is everyone else looking for the next event?

Fire team would be better seeing as there's only 2k Difference in power,

My suggestion for you would be to focus on Raid Battles to acquire SR weapons of the respective element you want to raise.
Raising the skill level of each weapon would do wonders to both your power and the hp of your characters. Since next is Wind event, expect the usual properties of a wind type enemy [Fast Burst, Moderate Damage, some are immune to status ailments.]

Going with fire team with Aggression in mind will help your battle.

President Ramu
03-14-2017, 05:45 AM
I am going in with water team, since I don't really have any fire weapons and difference in strength is rather big because I run mainly water and wind teams.

I have a Wind team with Water backup as well (Gaia/Hermes/Shiva/Nike), but there's some Fire himes I just ignore usually hanging out in my inventory (Amon/Brynhildr/Ignis/Nergal). I'm going to end up using my Water squad to farm the Fire SP mission all day today so I can upgrade the Fire himes as much as possible, then sub them into my "main" Wind team for the event.

I love my Wind squad most of all though, so it's going to be a long week with this event, haha. I expect to get literally all of the items or die trying.

Namakurimu
03-14-2017, 05:50 AM
I love my Wind squad most of all though, so it's going to be a long week with this event, haha. I expect to get literally all of the items or die trying.

T_T i share your sentiments PRamu.. T_T I'm exhausted from the Phoenix tying to max it. now they give this one.. devs.. why?!?!?

Unregistered
03-14-2017, 07:28 AM
Just run your best team (as long as it's not the weakness), you don't need to use Fire at all. I'm using my Light team for every event, does great on all of them.

President Ramu
03-14-2017, 09:17 AM
Just run your best team (as long as it's not the weakness), you don't need to use Fire at all. I'm using my Light team for every event, does great on all of them.

You certainly don't HAVE to, but there's a difference to be noticed for sure. Especially if you're trying to double-dip and use Anzu instead of a proper Eidolon, you need every advantage you can get.

Aidoru
03-14-2017, 09:22 AM
The only thing I can see you having trouble with is the so called Ultimate difficulty quests.

CBW
03-14-2017, 12:37 PM
Fire team would be better seeing as there's only 2k Difference in power,

My suggestion for you would be to focus on Raid Battles to acquire SR weapons of the respective element you want to raise.
Raising the skill level of each weapon would do wonders to both your power and the hp of your characters. Since next is Wind event, expect the usual properties of a wind type enemy [Fast Burst, Moderate Damage, some are immune to status ailments.]

Going with fire team with Aggression in mind will help your battle.

I'll have Arthur and Beelzebub, and have a DEF down skill on Nergal. That's as aggressive as I can muster in 2 days. Can't limit break anyone without more Holy Jewels of Light.

For my primary eidolon, I will be going with 3* R Chimera, which is 25% ATK. Currently levelling it. Also picking one R weapon at a time and bringing it to 30 to replace my mediocre dark weapons. If I see an opportunity for weapon skill ups, I will take it.

Probably avoiding Ultimate difficulty for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, just noticed that Apocalypse is 30% Fire. That was foolish! :confused:

felix
03-14-2017, 01:13 PM
not the best fire team here, since im more of a light/dark person (sol, michael, susanoo), but methinks brynhilde, amon, nergal, sol and mordred will do just fine here

Gouda
03-14-2017, 01:31 PM
why not make dark&fire team?

As your main eidol is Apocalypse which is boost your dark and fire party. AS soul, you may equipped with fire weapon for Full burst.

Mine is fine with fire dark combination.

felix
03-14-2017, 01:34 PM

As your main eidol is Apocalypse which is boost your dark and fire party. AS soul, you may equipped with fire weapon for Full burst.

cus i dont have apocalypse lol: started playin at the last day of apoc event and obviously wasnt strong enough to run it enough times

AgentFakku
03-14-2017, 08:07 PM
my fire team isn't dat good lol

RNG messing w/ me - will try to get Amon up a star

CBW
03-14-2017, 11:30 PM
Speaking of stars... I realized my horrible mistake. I was spending too much time in expert level daily quests when the item I needed x16 was in the normal level. Picked up 6 and will add 4 stars to my fire team after midnight.

After reading, I have also learned the value of fire SR weapons, of which I have none. I will try to rectify that tomorrow.

Fasolato
03-15-2017, 09:18 AM
As long as you deal fast with the first waves, the rest is easy. I do that with the "Bonus Skill Damage" and use the Eidolons on the boss.

Dragonlich
03-15-2017, 09:38 AM
I will try this event with light team.
Not the bes one - lack of light healers and Artemis as main DD (with three bows in backpack). But I just don't want to make dark fire team as a main one.
Anyway I can always switch back to the healing tricksters - healing soul with SSR lance, Belzebub, Amon, Brunhild and Nike (def+heal) or someone from Fire-Rs.

AgentFakku
03-15-2017, 01:38 PM

I'll do dat since Amon/Diablos is pretty sick

BigBobs
03-15-2017, 06:54 PM
I'll probably just run with my dark/thunder team (dark hero, beelz and tsukuyomi, thunder ramiel and baal; backups astaroth (dark) and perun (thunder). I'm likely not to try and hit 9 snatch (leveling other hero souls instead, currently Roland) each time, so I'll just nuke her from orbit with my multitude of attack and combo up skills.

Honestly, I kinda just want to farm the easiest quest which I assume has the greatest amounts of soul point drops.

Unregistered
03-15-2017, 07:06 PM
You can try, but it'd have to do better than 5 copper chests per 10 ap to be worth it over Ultimate. And I rounded that figure down...

Abu
03-15-2017, 07:12 PM
I'll probably just run with my dark/thunder team (dark hero, beelz and tsukuyomi, thunder ramiel and baal; backups astaroth (dark) and perun (thunder). I'm likely not to try and hit 9 snatch (leveling other hero souls instead, currently Roland) each time, so I'll just nuke her from orbit with my multitude of attack and combo up skills.

Honestly, I kinda just want to farm the easiest quest which I assume has the greatest amounts of soul point drops.

Soul points drop in event quests? I knew they could be bought fairly cheap but still nice to know

BigBobs
03-15-2017, 07:13 PM
Soul points drop in event quests? I knew they could be bought fairly cheap but still nice to know

No, I meant the buying. I figure chest to AP the beginner quest would be better for the lowest tier exchange item than doing the expert and getting it mixed in with the higher tiers.

Unregistered
03-15-2017, 07:23 PM
I have doubts about that assumption, but the sample sizes on the wiki for beginner and standard are way too small. DMM users tended to test expert and ultimate more. That said, you'll need to beat 4 copper chests per 10 ap to outdo Expert and 5 copper chests per 10 ap to outdo Ultimate (samples were closer to 5.5, but I'm rounding it down to err on the side of you being slightly less lucky than the DMM users).

President Ramu
03-15-2017, 07:31 PM
I have doubts about that assumption, but the sample sizes on the wiki for beginner and standard are way too small. DMM users tended to test expert and ultimate more. That said, you'll need to beat 4 copper chests per 10 ap to outdo Expert and 5 copper chests per 10 ap to outdo Ultimate (samples were closer to 5.5, but I'm rounding it down to err on the side of you being slightly less lucky than the DMM users).

Where do they have the numbers posted? I'm going to be running this Event on Expert and Ultimate literally every waking hour on my main account, and I have enough other accounts to run Beginner with because I don't care about them anymore so we can get some real data if you want to check it out.

Unregistered
03-15-2017, 07:35 PM
xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?ガルーダ降臨戦/ドロップ調査

CBW
03-15-2017, 11:25 PM
So far, so good. I can take the Expert level down 95% within 3 turns. I'm curious how Ultimate stacks up now.

sanahtlig
03-15-2017, 11:42 PM
The JP wiki says you stand a good chance at Ultimate if you can shave off a large amount of the Expert boss's HP with your Burst. One interpretation of that might be "If you can kill the Expert boss with your first Burst (starting at full Rage meter), then you're ready for Ultimate." Presumably the boss's Overdrive AoE is much more powerful in Ultimate and could 1-shot any in the group who aren't at full HP (it did 1k damage to my group in Expert).

As for myself, Siegfried's Burst alone took off 50k HP with a Fire SR weapon equipped, with a final burst bonus over 90000. I was amazed how much quicker Garuda Expert went down with my Siegfried group (friend eidolon Anzu) vs. my Granuille group (friend eidolon Phoenix). My grid is water-focused, which neither of those groups was able to take advantage of.

CBW
03-16-2017, 12:37 AM
The JP wiki says you stand a good chance at Ultimate if you can shave off a large amount of the Expert boss's HP with your Burst. One interpretation of that might be "If you can kill the Expert boss with your first Burst (starting at full Rage meter), then you're ready for Ultimate." Presumably the boss's Overdrive AoE is much more powerful in Ultimate and could 1-shot any in the group who aren't at full HP (it did 1k damage to my group in Expert).

As for myself, Siegfried's Burst alone took off 50k HP with a Fire SR weapon equipped, with a final burst bonus over 90000. I was amazed how much quicker Garuda Expert went down with my Siegfried group (friend eidolon Anzu) vs. my Granuille group (friend eidolon Phoenix). My grid is water-focused, which neither of those groups was able to take advantage of.

My full group bonus was only 49K with weakness. This is a good comparison and goal. Thanks! I'm sure I'll do at least as well as Phoenix with the new drop rates.