PDA

View Full Version : [Event 03] Advent Battle vs Garuda

Aidoru
03-15-2017, 09:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Zm0nDbb.jpg

Since we don't have a proper thread for it yet.

I don't think I need to post need any kind of guides or anything as most of it should be pretty much the same as the past 2 events.

Though supposedly this one should introduce to us Ultimate difficulty event quests. A few comments in other topics have suggested 30k TP for it, which might be too much for most people right now but we'll have too see how that plays out when maintenance finishes.

President Ramu
03-15-2017, 09:49 PM
Do you know if Ultimate is available right away, or is it a "limited release" like the Sunday Bonus missions?

Edit: If I'm reading the JP wiki correctly, it says Ultimate opened up about 5 days in (Started April 27th, Ultimate at 12am on May 1st) so it looks like it's just for the one day as I mentioned previously. I think we can hit 30k by then.

http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E3%82%AC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%80%E9% 99%8D%E8%87%A8%E6%88%A6#cf624026

LET'S GOOOOOO~

sanahtlig
03-15-2017, 09:55 PM
The original event on DMM ran from 4/27 to 5/6 2016. Ultimate mode was added on May 1 and was available for the remaining duration of the event.
http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E3%82%AC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%80%E9% 99%8D%E8%87%A8%E6%88%A6
http://kamihime-project.wikia.com/wiki/Garuda_Advent_Battle_Event_27_Apr_16_-_6_May_16

YoxalLoyal
03-16-2017, 12:16 AM
My alt dropped the SSR weapon on my first expert run and my 2nd alt drew SR Agni and SSR Fafnir from shrine. Meanwhile, main dropped no gold chests and drew useless rares and pre-existing SR kamihimes. Curse you alt luck!

Dragonlich
03-16-2017, 01:33 AM
My alt dropped the SSR weapon on my first expert run and my 2nd alt drew SR Agni and SSR Fafnir from shrine. Meanwhile, main dropped no gold chests and drew useless rares and pre-existing SR kamihimes. Curse you alt luck!

Just curious.
Rolled from where? Jem gatcha and that 2 tickets from event, or I miss something?

Skulkraken
03-16-2017, 05:09 AM
ID: 411900

I'll be using only Fafnir for the duration of this event, and I've got two more friend slots left over for anyone who's looking for her as a support.

Also, I'm loving the improved drop rates. :)

YoxalLoyal
03-16-2017, 05:52 AM
Just curious.
Rolled from where? Jem gatcha and that 2 tickets from event, or I miss something?

3K jewel gacha. Been saving up on both alts for Amaterasu.

Aidoru
03-16-2017, 06:37 AM

Oh so they did improve them? I thought I was just getting lucky getting 2 filled pages of exchange materials for the few expert runs I've done so far.

Nitewolf
03-16-2017, 06:42 AM
ID: 411900

I'll be using only Fafnir for the duration of this event, and I've got two more friend slots left over for anyone who's looking for her as a support.

Sent you a request. Keep forgetting that being in the same union doesn't put one into a friend-like state for the game. I get the impression this 30AP one is tougher than the last (though still beatable without problems).

sniddy
03-16-2017, 10:47 AM
very tough - honestly think I'm done with this game too grindy - censored to within an inch of it's life so badly it's more a comedy events fast and furious but no time to level

Game wants too much time too litlte reward, odds on drops are wonky - basically unless you want to pay a lot or play a lot more this isn't a game for you

jazz154
03-16-2017, 10:52 AM
Oh so they did improve them? I thought I was just getting lucky getting 2 filled pages of exchange materials for the few expert runs I've done so far.

Yeah, they seem to be improved. Getting those 2 pages is nice, although it doesn't help the fact that most of silver chests are still enhancing materials, but at least there is more of them.

Unregistered
03-16-2017, 11:41 AM
Hmm, something I just realized that I like about Garuda as an eidolon is that it has a rather generous floor to it, setting aside the fact that dual element will have the lower longterm ceiling. For wind/water, via story and events, you get access to:

Nike (water) - healing, A-frame +12% defense buff with *
Cybele (wind) - Mistletoe Drain (B-frame -15% attack and defense debuff with *)
Heimdallr (wind) - Horn Ale (party A-frame +10% attack buff)
Gabriel (water) - A-frame -12% defense debuff with *, B-frame +12% attack and defense buff to party with * (it's a B-frame version of Ramiel's Rising Heart, essentially)
Nodens (water) - inflict drowning to one enemy, weak regen, remove one debuff from party
Guan Yu (wind) (from some sort of Koihime Musou collab event, dunno if we'll see it?) - attack buff to party (probably A-frame, but not listed on wiki), inflict poison to one enemy
Krampus (wind) - attacker with a Raging mode specific nuke
Cupid (water) - try to inflict dazzle to one enemy, defense buff to party (unlisted frame, presumably A), fire resistance buff to party

So you can roll complete garbage, as in literally no SR/SSR kamihime ever, but still piece together a wind/water team that can at least somewhat fill all the basic needs at an acceptable level with double Garuda to prop up your attack.

CBW
03-16-2017, 12:08 PM
SSR Weapon dropped on 6th expert run, without me even noticing. Only 3 pottery so far.

Unregistered
03-16-2017, 01:44 PM
I think 30k for ult is over selling it, there is at least 1 vid on youtube from 10 months ago when this came out on dmm doing it at 18k power with only R and SR things.

felix
03-16-2017, 04:17 PM
is it worth gettin as many ssr weapons during this event if your focus is light/dark, or should i focus on summon and miscellaneous items (gacha ticket/SoulP/books)?

BigBobs
03-16-2017, 04:24 PM
Experts hitting a lot harder than expected, though I am using 3 thunder members on my team that if I really felt it was necessary could swap over to a couple rare fire units.

sanahtlig
03-16-2017, 04:44 PM
Experts hitting a lot harder than expected, though I am using 3 thunder members on my team that if I really felt it was necessary could swap over to a couple rare fire units.
The trash mobs don't hit hard unless you let the attack buffs stack. Even if that happens, the top two will spend 1/3 of their turns re-buffing instead of attacking. Much more dangerous would be 2 mobs with attacks buffs and 1 attacker-type with a powerful overdrive attack.

BigBobs
03-16-2017, 05:14 PM
The trash mobs don't hit hard unless you let the attack buffs stack. Even if that happens, the top two will spend 1/3 of their turns re-buffing instead of attacking. Much more dangerous would be 2 mobs with attacks buffs and 1 attacker-type with a powerful overdrive attack.

Not really the trash I'm concerned about. I can clear those in two turns generally. The boss has hit me for 6k before, or double attacks for 3-4k total because of the weaknesses.

Edit: I should also point out that rejuvenate is my only heal, lol

sanahtlig
03-16-2017, 05:20 PM
Not really the trash I'm concerned about. I can clear those in two turns generally. The boss has hit me for 6k before, or double attacks for 3-4k total because of the weaknesses.

Edit: I should also point out that rejuvenate is my only heal, lol
You need attack debuffs. Her overdrive during rage hits my kamihime for about 2.5-3k. Ultimate will likely hit much harder.

President Ramu
03-16-2017, 05:42 PM
You need attack debuffs. Her overdrive during rage hits my kamihime for about 2.5-3k. Ultimate will likely hit much harder.

How much would you say it hits for unraged? And is that against Fire himes or something more neutral?

sanahtlig
03-16-2017, 05:47 PM
How much would you say it hits for unraged? And is that against Fire himes or something more neutral?
The unraged overdrive skill is a completely different type of attack. It's AoE rather than single-target.

felix
03-16-2017, 05:47 PM

unraged on expert against fire SR team it hits for 500-600, at least thats my personal experience with Garuda

President Ramu
03-16-2017, 06:21 PM
The unraged overdrive skill is a completely different type of attack. It's AoE rather than single-target.

*sigh* Every time dude? Really?

"How much are you being hit for, specifically by the completely separate unraged Area of Effect Overdrive skill from the Expert Level Garuda Event boss?"

CBW
03-16-2017, 06:53 PM

R fire kamihime do just fine after they hit level 40 or so.

Unregistered
03-16-2017, 07:23 PM
One of the tables on the wiki gives Expert difficulty Garuda as hitting for:
~1k per normal, high chance of extra hits while not raging
~1k per normal hit, 3 hits while raging
'over 1k' from the overdrive attack while not raging
4k to a single target from the overdrive attack while raging

Tricky part is I'm unclear about how well the contributor was at minimizing factors in order to get as close as possible to the raw base damage.
For what it's worth, I think somewhere around 1k or low 1k would be right for the base damage of the non-raging overdrive attack. I see high 3 digits to neutral kamihime after one atk debuff or another. I also find the 4k from the raging overdrive to be in the right ballpark, but I'm working backwards from the couple of hits I've seen with debuffs/buffs active. I'm also assuming the damage formula works both ways when doing the napkin calculations.

BigBobs
03-16-2017, 07:26 PM
R fire kamihime do just fine after they hit level 40 or so.

Ya I'll be fine if it gets too hairy (have maxed 4* bryn and amon to replace Baal and Ramiel). Pretty much all my characters are maxed out or close too it (aside from books). Just leveling up my newest dark kime (tsuku...who blinds your entire team for some reason), Roland, and my backup Rs with this event.

Unregistered
03-16-2017, 08:30 PM
One of the tables on the wiki gives Expert difficulty Garuda as hitting for:
~1k per normal, high chance of extra hits while not raging
~1k per normal hit, 3 hits while raging
'over 1k' from the overdrive attack while not raging
4k to a single target from the overdrive attack while raging

Tricky part is I'm unclear about how well the contributor was at minimizing factors in order to get as close as possible to the raw base damage.
For what it's worth, I think somewhere around 1k or low 1k would be right for the base damage of the non-raging overdrive attack. I see high 3 digits to neutral kamihime after one atk debuff or another. I also find the 4k from the raging overdrive to be in the right ballpark, but I'm working backwards from the couple of hits I've seen with debuffs/buffs active. I'm also assuming the damage formula works both ways when doing the napkin calculations.

To continue this after another attempt, I find the '~1k' per normal while not raging to not be accurate; I see ~1200-1300 to neutral kamihime with nothing active IIRC.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, the 1200-1300 was probably with something active after all, as now I see 1300-1500. The perils of a whiffed Mistletoe Drain. The normal hits while raging on the other hand do hit for less damage compared to not raging.

CBW
03-16-2017, 11:05 PM
On my Fire team, I saw 800-900 damage from the AOE and 1000 from single hit attacks. The strongest single hit was 1200 against fire Arthur, landed right after I knocked it into Stun mode (which I believe makes it a Rage attack). From the post above me, looks like fire gets a 20% resistance advantage.

AgentFakku
03-16-2017, 11:18 PM
don't know if my team got stronger or the wind event boss is weaker than the last event's light boss who can one shot units

I haven't spent a jewel in retrying on expert mode - huzzah!

Dragonlich
03-17-2017, 01:53 AM
I have 200SP and can buy a new soul. So, who is better for ultimate:
- rage-killing hammerer
or
- wich-hunting debuffer

My current team (Roland, Kleo and Dart) barely kill expert

Gisborn
03-17-2017, 02:07 AM
- rage-killing hammerer
or
- wich-hunting debuffer

you already got a great debuff from Dart(-atk and def), i guess go the other one is better

President Ramu
03-17-2017, 02:21 AM
- rage-killing hammerer
or
- wich-hunting debuffer

In my experience so far, against all but two bosses (Wind Disaster and another one I'm forgetting) Mortred's debuff carnival seemed almost overpowered. If you need an edge against pretty much anything, aim for her ASAP.

Gisborn
03-17-2017, 03:11 AM
In my experience so far, against all but two bosses (Wind Disaster and another one I'm forgetting) Mortred's debuff carnival seemed almost overpowered. If you need an edge against pretty much anything, aim for her ASAP.

i don't feel Mordred op, i take her as my first soul but at the later game i'm just sticking to Arthur mostly..... raid boss is not meant to be solo(but it's manageable) and the main point of raid boss is getting MVP so you got a chance to get SR weapon/eido from it. "If i not mistaken, debuff wouldn't override so if there's a Mordred in the raid already, yours gonna be useless i suppose?"

Arthur lvl up bonus grant atk+4000, gets a free burst(although her burst dmg only ++, Mordred is ++++) and a skill quite on par with the burst~ easily bring me back the MVP seat~

President Ramu
03-17-2017, 03:37 AM
You're totally right, I should clarify a bit. When I think about Raid bosses I think about solo play, because that's what I do. I don't like risking my drops on the "unstable" nature of public raids, so I just run them solo to make sure I can take my time and ensure MVP. In a public Raid though, I'm sure Arthur is way better since you can just get your attacks in and not have to worry about it.

Solo Raiding is a giant pain in the ass and I don't recommend it to anyone who doesn't have some kind of mental defect, haha. If you want to just play the game like a normal person pick Arthur.

I will say though, for Event and SP mission bosses Mortred let me take a lot of fights the rest of my team "shouldn't" have been strong enough to do. All you have to do is drop the debuffs and try not to die, the fight takes care of itself. But then again, I didn't play Arthur until later so I can't compare directly.

Gisborn
03-17-2017, 04:37 AM
You're totally right, I should clarify a bit. When I think about Raid bosses I think about solo play, because that's what I do. I don't like risking my drops on the "unstable" nature of public raids, so I just run them solo to make sure I can take my time and ensure MVP. In a public Raid though, I'm sure Arthur is way better since you can just get your attacks in and not have to worry about it.

Solo Raiding is a giant pain in the ass and I don't recommend it to anyone who doesn't have some kind of mental defect, haha. If you want to just play the game like a normal person pick Arthur.

I will say though, for Event and SP mission bosses Mortred let me take a lot of fights the rest of my team "shouldn't" have been strong enough to do. All you have to do is drop the debuffs and try not to die, the fight takes care of itself. But then again, I didn't play Arthur until later so I can't compare directly.

yea Mordred helps a lot in event if your atk low but then when u get to 25k atk, you basically melt the boss in an instant with Arthur(get counter element weapon for Arthur, 1 skill/burst 50k. while Mordred debuff is fix damage 4k per dot and there's 3 or 4 i think? kind of long nvr use her lol

jazz154
03-17-2017, 05:05 AM
yea Mordred helps a lot in event if your atk low but then when u get to 25k atk, you basically melt the boss in an instant with Arthur(get counter element weapon for Arthur, 1 skill/burst 50k. while Mordred debuff is fix damage 4k per dot and there's 3 or 4 i think? kind of long nvr use her lol

4 dots, but I wouldn't say that it is main selling point for mordred. atk/def down, blind and that heart one that makes them unable to act are more important for me and that's all in one skill! Also she have skill that make's landing debuff's easier and the one that add one more orb for enemies to fill in order to use their burst. Plus you can take that attack rate decrease debuff from previous soul and most of time you won't be hit more than once.

President Ramu
03-17-2017, 05:18 AM
4 dots, but I wouldn't say that it is main selling point for mordred. atk/def down, blind and that heart one that makes them unable to act are more important for me and that's all in one skill! Also she have skill that make's landing debuff's easier and the one that add one more orb for enemies to fill in order to use their burst. Plus you can take that attack rate decrease debuff from previous soul and most of time you won't be hit more than once.

Right, I like Mortred because she's ALL of the debuff you need in one character, instead of spreading it around in one or two spells from each. She's got everything you need to completely disable an opponent, so you can feel free to go crazy with hard autoattacking teammates like Beelzebub. I feel like I save a lot on healing and defense by having Mortred force a "miss" or a "dizzy" every few rounds, and while my other teams have been "stronger" I know that I've never really worried about a fight I went into with Mortred after the debuffs land.

Gisborn
03-17-2017, 05:27 AM

that's why dark team FTW hehe, most of the dark eidos have the blind/charm(example ouroboros, apoc and echidna)

i think u mean Desertion from Asmund, i put that in my Arthur for trash clearing :D

Unregistered
03-17-2017, 09:57 AM
Also why Balor is amazing for an event kamihime (as in, no rolling for her; you get her by being active in the event she's in); she's a dark mini-Mordred. She has debuff-resistance debuff, poison, dazzle, burning (I think..), blind, and paralysis.
Mordred still inflicts more stuff, but if you plan to go dark, or at least include Balor in your team, the overlapping of some effects kind of devalues both. Mordred also completely obsoletes Pale Rider (another dark event kamihime). Just a heads up if you happen to have planned to use either of the two.

AgentFakku
03-17-2017, 01:02 PM
5th premium ticket got another r weapon

have to wait to upgrade Amon since I'm not getting luck

CBW
03-17-2017, 01:57 PM
Rare drops are certainly not better, and we wont get SP difficulty? Does the ultimate level difficulty at least drop multiple gold chests?

sanahtlig
03-17-2017, 02:30 PM
Rare drops are certainly not better, and we wont get SP difficulty? Does the ultimate level difficulty at least drop multiple gold chests?
I'm averaging more than 10 gold material per day, which is more than previous events. I'm also averaging more than 30 silver material per day, which is far higher than my previous event average of 18. Overall, drop rate seems to have increased by about 1.5-2x.

sniddy
03-17-2017, 02:57 PM
As the difficulty curve and the time commitment required have increased coupled with the woeful hatchet job done on the scenes I'm gonna throw in the towel game had promise but it's too time hungry and they've treated it badly - That's me out

CBW
03-17-2017, 03:39 PM
I'm averaging more than 10 gold material per day, which is more than previous events. I'm also averaging more than 30 silver material per day, which is far higher than my previous event average of 18. Overall, drop rate seems to have increased by about 2-3x.

I'm regenerating as fast as anyone, but still only had 11 gold, starting from the first 5 minutes after event launch until now. That's a little worse than before. I don't remember the cost, but I have gotten both the SSR weapon and eidolon and have 19 silver remaining. I believe that puts me at 44 silver, which is about 17.4 per day.

Whatever luck you have, I want in!

Unregistered
03-17-2017, 03:57 PM

From what I've been able to find it drops about 3 gold chests a run but the golds can convert to SR fodder like the other difficulties. Another big thing is that it seems that R fodder is extremely rare so you get lots of the lower mats since they won't turn into R fodder often.

sanahtlig
03-17-2017, 04:32 PM
I believe that puts me at 44 silver, which is about 17.4 per day.

The event has been live for about 41 hours. That's less than two days.

President Ramu
03-17-2017, 04:35 PM
From what I've been able to find it drops about 3 gold chests a run but the golds can convert to SR fodder like the other difficulties. Another big thing is that it seems that R fodder is extremely rare so you get lots of the lower mats since they won't turn into R fodder often.

As long as it's not prohibitively difficult, I can't see the downside to getting three guaranteed chances through gold chests instead of 1-2 per Expert run.

By the way, is anybody else constantly short of Emerald Feathers? The little crappy ones all the way on the left in the Material Exchange. I have a billion of everything else and like 20 of those maximum at any given time, I feel like I'm gonna end up running Beginner all day on the last day just to get enough to trade with my upper-level materials.

CBW
03-17-2017, 04:38 PM
The event has been live for about 41 hours. That's less than two days.

My math is apparently way off. I had this changing at the beginning of the 15th, not the end. Then 30 silver per day is pretty good. Gold is average.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as it's not prohibitively difficult, I can't see the downside to getting three guaranteed chances through gold chests instead of 1-2 per Expert run.

By the way, is anybody else constantly short of Emerald Feathers? The little crappy ones all the way on the left in the Material Exchange. I have a billion of everything else and like 20 of those maximum at any given time, I feel like I'm gonna end up running Beginner all day on the last day just to get enough to trade with my upper-level materials.

I am significantly low, yes.

Abu
03-17-2017, 05:14 PM
Wow. I'm def behind. Am I the only one with a job? Doesn't help that I need today for farming light lb mats. Working another Saturday tomorrow doesn't help, either. Or the nine hour work days

President Ramu
03-17-2017, 05:21 PM
Wow. I'm def behind. Am I the only one with a job? Doesn't help that I need today for farming light lb mats. Working another Saturday tomorrow doesn't help, either. Or the nine hour work days

Haha, my favorite team is Wind based and this is a Wind event. I gotta farm everything I can get while it's available.

sanahtlig
03-17-2017, 05:26 PM
People with jobs are supposed to spend money to keep up with those who don't. That's why stamina restoratives are sold in the cash shop.

CoitusYou
03-17-2017, 08:11 PM
Drops are way worse for me, im averaging 10 gold drops per day. Over 8 days thats 80 allowing me to get 3 weapons and 2 eidolon.

Last event i got 134 gold drops this also allowed me to get 3 weap and 2 eido aswell since they cost a little more, however i had 34 gold mats left over allowing me to get grimoires
so even with the cost decrease of items this event, best case scenario suggests that nothing has changed and being able to max out weap or eido is still not possible, but in reality without the sunday expert sp things are actually worse.

If you are willing to put in the time for an event you should be able to complete it. Poorly excecuted events and crappy gacha no wonder people are already throwing in the towel.

felix
03-17-2017, 08:26 PM
am i the only one who gets every material EXCEPT feathers, that are supposed to be most common?

President Ramu
03-17-2017, 08:43 PM
am i the only one who gets every material EXCEPT feathers, that are supposed to be most common?

Ya ya, I just brought that up like a page back. We're all gonna end up running Beginner on a loop for the last day to fix our inventories at this rate.

Unregistered
03-17-2017, 09:33 PM
Drops are way worse for me, im averaging 10 gold drops per day. Over 8 days thats 80 allowing me to get 3 weapons and 2 eidolon.

Last event i got 134 gold drops this also allowed me to get 3 weap and 2 eido aswell since they cost a little more, however i had 34 gold mats left over allowing me to get grimoires
so even with the cost decrease of items this event, best case scenario suggests that nothing has changed and being able to max out weap or eido is still not possible, but in reality without the sunday expert sp things are actually worse.

If you are willing to put in the time for an event you should be able to complete it. Poorly excecuted events and crappy gacha no wonder people are already throwing in the towel.

They end up reducing the cost of stuff in the ixion event but that is still 3 advents between then and now.

AgentFakku
03-17-2017, 09:36 PM

guy above you named Sniddy has a job see comment (http://harem-battle.club/kamihime-project/3104-event-03-advent-battle-vs-garuda-post66459.html#post66459)

I have a job too, minimum wage job at a pizzeria

I can only play dis game twice a day

not desperate enuff to spend $ on the game

only do dat for games I actually enjoy

Dragonlich
03-17-2017, 10:46 PM
Ya ya, I just brought that up like a page back. We're all gonna end up running Beginner on a loop for the last day to fix our inventories at this rate.

In the last event I found that best "farming spots"
- first bronze mat in 20 ap fight;
- second bronze mat in 30 ap fight;
10 ap fight just not worth it - you can make a full 30 ap run with no mats at all.

Aidoru
03-17-2017, 11:25 PM
Last event during Sunday, after running level 56 to 57 worth of gold mat SP, I was extremely low on iron and bronze mat since those special SP quests drop very little of them. I solved my lack of them with running expert.

I've been running standard on my alt and expert on my main. While I do spend a good portion of AP on raid boss spawning for my alt, I can definitely say that I generally get more than double and some times triple the amount of materials running expert than I do standard, to the point I've even gotten to page 3 of material drops while never breaking a single page for expert yet.

Personally I wouldn't bother with standard if you can do expert. I haven't had any issues with the rates and get a good amount of all running expert. Though in the end I'm sure RNG still plays a big part.

But yes don't run beginner, it's a complete waste aside from the first time for the jewels.

President Ramu
03-17-2017, 11:41 PM
Last event during Sunday, after running level 56 to 57 worth of gold mat SP, I was extremely low on iron and bronze mat since those special SP quests drop very little of them. I solved my lack of them with running expert.

I've been running standard on my alt and expert on my main. While I do spend a good portion of AP on raid boss spawning for my alt, I can definitely say that I generally get more than double and some times triple the amount of materials running expert than I do standard, to the point I've even gotten to page 3 of material drops while never breaking a single page for expert yet.

Personally I wouldn't bother with standard if you can do expert. I haven't had any issues with the rates and get a good amount of all running expert. Though in the end I'm sure RNG still plays a big part.

But yes don't run beginner, it's a complete waste aside from the first time for the jewels.

That's useful data, thanks. I think the problem though isn't that they don't drop at all, they just seem to drop in similar amounts (in Expert at least) to the Silver mats, but the exchange requires triple or quadruple their amount comparatively. It's like they adjusted the drop rates to "help us out" but they just moved the slider over a rarity level and forgot that we NEED a bunch of "shittier" drops due to the exchange rate.

I'm sure it'll even out in the end, it just seemed so silly compared to what we're used to for me to have no trouble at all with the gold chest drops but be in dire need of the bronzes.

Dragonlich
03-17-2017, 11:54 PM
In the last event I was running low of supernatural cards (low tier bronze for SP) and expert fights gives me 0-2 per battle and 3+ bells (second tier bronze)
So I tried other difficultes and found that Begginer gives me 0-2 cards per battle and Standart - 3-6 cards. Bell's drop in them was near zero.

Well. About raids: if you can do expert - do expert. I don't see any weapons in the platinums from standart.
Mats for himes is not an issue, only fangs level 3rd need expert SP quest farming.

- - - Updated - - -

That's useful data, thanks. I think the problem though isn't that they don't drop at all, they just seem to drop in similar amounts (in Expert at least) to the Silver mats, but the exchange requires triple or quadruple their amount comparatively. It's like they adjusted the drop rates to "help us out" but they just moved the slider over a rarity level and forgot that we NEED a bunch of "shittier" drops due to the exchange rate.

Only thing I actualle exchange - second tier jewels. Because you get 1 per week or trying to drop silver chest in the SP quest, which can give you that jewel.
Expert SP quests gives all high-tier hime materials and low-tiers drops a lot from the raids, quests or SP quests.

President Ramu
03-18-2017, 12:20 AM
Oh dude, we were talking specifically about the Event materials, haha. My only problem with Limit Break materials is waiting an entire goddamn week since I always end up building a single-element squad the day after or the night of their SP quest day.

In regard to raids, we actually JUST had a conversation about this in the Discord channel, and I've been informed that Standard is the way to go. The plat boxes still drop weapons, I've seen plenty of them myself. And the Eidolon is hot garbage. So really, getting two chances for your stamina in Standard rather than one long and annoying one in Expert is definitely the way to go.

Dragonlich
03-18-2017, 12:32 AM
Oh dude, we were talking specifically about the Event materials, haha. My only problem with Limit Break materials is waiting an entire goddamn week since I always end up building a single-element squad the day after or the night of their SP quest day.

I think that you all talking about event materials because of "feathers" but the last comment was about other mats and raids, so I edited my post just in case.

President Ramu
03-18-2017, 12:39 AM
I think that you all talking about event materials because of "feathers" but the last comment was about other mats and raids, so I edited my post just in case.

It's mostly just speculation from me, since we're told they changed the drop rates for this event. I didn't bother with the last one, but I did the first Apocalypse one heavily and I remember worrying about gold chests, never about silver or bronze ones. In this event I get 1-2 gold chests nearly every time in Expert (and 1 every time in Standard when I ran it in that difficulty), so I'm not worried about that material since it's pretty reliable and there's Ultimate to look forward to. But the green feather material, the one that should be really easy to get, is actually super difficult because it seems to drop the same amount as the other two but the exchange calls for 3 or 4 times as much of it. A lot of the "cheaper" exchange items that don't even require gold chest drops require green feathers as well, which is completely maddening because it means I have to really make the decision on if I can afford 2 stamina pots or a third SSR Eidolon.

That wasn't a decision I ever had to make in the old system, so it's a little perplexing.

Aidoru
03-18-2017, 07:27 AM
Assuming 'last comment' was me, no I wasn't talking about raid drops. This is than event topic. I'm talking about the event. The only raid boss related thing I mentioned was that my alt is an alt for spawning raid bosses.

Achlys
03-18-2017, 09:05 AM
indeed the drop rate is much improved...
but it is true that it is not proportionate...

Namakurimu
03-18-2017, 09:27 AM
When exactly does ultimate arrive? Is this gonna be the same for all the upcoming events? Wait like a few days before Ultimate comes out? Shame..

Does anyone know? >.< I'm quite vexed with the past event, i wasn't able to replicate my gains with apocalypse.. Now that it has a better drop rate.. [Mats] So far I haven't seen a Plat drop yet. Bad luck? or something else?

Unregistered
03-18-2017, 11:44 AM
Ultimate was added to Garuda event about halfway through. It seems that future advent type events start with ultimate available already.

Note: When they updated the game to include Ultimate difficulty for Garuda, they also added a new SSR Kamihime, Fudou Myou-ou (aka Acala). For you re-rolling nuts out there, I have no idea if Fudou Myou-ou's addition cuts short Amaterasu/Agni/Hestia's new release rate. A new SSR eidolon was also added, Ifrit.

AgentFakku
03-18-2017, 12:52 PM
shit, I don't pay attention to the raid drops

I don't know if it got better or not on my end due to RNG

good for morale boost

mmayhem
03-19-2017, 12:37 AM

Bruh there's Kamihime on mobile browsers available, clear out 60 stam every time you take a dump.

Gisborn
03-19-2017, 12:39 AM
Bruh there's Kamihime on mobile browsers available, clear out 60 stam every time you take a dump.

a shame there's no auto atk on mobile :(

Dragonlich
03-19-2017, 01:26 AM
But the green feather material, the one that should be really easy to get, is actually super difficult
As I said earlier - if you want to farm low tier bronze mat from event ("emerald feathers of light" in this event) - you must run standart (20AP) fights.
Because that low tier mat share the same chests with high tier mat ("hardened beak" in this event) increased chaces of drops for high tier means in-fact decreased chances for the lower one. And even if with new rigged drop you will have the same amount of lower items - you will have x1.5 more runs per AP.

PS: It is me so unlucky or the new Exper SP quest is bugged because I got only small number of bronze chests (no gold or even silver ones) from two runs?

CBW
03-19-2017, 01:33 AM
As I said earlier - if you want to farm low tier bronze mat from event ("emerald feathers of light" in this event) - you must run standart (20AP) fights.
Because that low tier mat share the same chests with high tier mat ("hardened beak" in this event) increased chaces of drops for high tier means in-fact decreased chances for the lower one. And even if with new rigged drop you will have the same amount of lower items - you will have x1.5 more runs per AP.

PS: It is me so unlucky or the new Exper SP quest is bugged because I got only small number of bronze chests (no gold or even silver ones) from two runs?
Same result. Avoiding it until I hear otherwise.

scrubp
03-19-2017, 01:41 AM
Expert SP only drops like 4-5 bronze chests and zero silver or gold. Thanks Nutaku.

CBW
03-19-2017, 01:45 AM
On the upside, there's no ultimate difficulty. On the downside, there's a buggy SP difficulty.

Old Greggers
03-19-2017, 01:47 AM
Just to agree with what you've guys have already said, both me and someone from my union only got a couple of bronze chests from the new expert mode.

CBW
03-19-2017, 01:49 AM
I have already sent a ticket. Hopefully they can fix it, and I wouldn't mind a half potion for my trouble. :)

Gouda
03-19-2017, 01:53 AM
i want 2x half potion as compensation.

Unregistered
03-19-2017, 01:53 AM
Expert SP is bugged. Worth doing once for Jewel, but that's it.

VortexMagus
03-19-2017, 03:16 AM
Yeah just did the expert SP thing for the vase and it gave 5 bronze chests and nothing else. Worse drops than standard. Haven't tried the wings.

Unregistered
03-19-2017, 03:30 AM
Based on DMM event :

"ExpertSP rank Event Quests have been removed as the drop rates of the Event bosses have been greatly increased. Thus the most efficient method of resource acquisition now is merely to always complete the highest difficulty available, regardless of the resource needed."

They forget to remove the ExpertSP event because the drop rate was increased in the normal Expert.

Gisborn
03-19-2017, 03:59 AM
well grab your jewel while u still can then lol

sanahtlig
03-19-2017, 10:14 AM
Platinum chests to date (running Expert or Expert SP on every run except for first-clears):
Apocalypse: SSR eidolon (3 half-elixirs used, AP used on CD for 15hrs/day for all but one day)
Phoenix: SSR eidolon (~7 half-elixirs used, AP used on CD for 15hrs/day all days)
Garuda (3.5 days into the event): SR assault weapon, SSR eidolon (0 half-elixirs used, AP used on CD for all but half a day)

For the record, both of my platinum drops in the Garuda event occurred without Snatch up (I likely did more runs with Snatch than without).

BigBobs
03-19-2017, 10:19 AM
Platinum chests to date (running Expert or Expert SP on every run except for first-clears):
Apocalypse: SSR eidolon (3 half-elixirs used, AP used on CD for 15hrs/day for all but one day)
Phoenix: SSR eidolon (~7 half-elixirs used, AP used on CD for 15hrs/day all days)
Garuda (3.5 days into the event): SR assault weapon, SSR eidolon (0 half-elixirs used, AP used on CD for all but half a day)

For the record, both of my platinum drops in the Garuda event occurred without Snatch up (I likely did more runs with Snatch than without).

For me, snatching at least 5+ in every run of the first two events netted me only a single plat during apoc (and it was an SR weapon), and nothing since. I haven't bothered using it since.

Inb4whales
03-19-2017, 12:12 PM
Slightly off topic, but is it just me or is the way the events are being arranged are scummy?
What I mean by this is, currently we're on Garuda event (wind).
Next is Typhon (Fire) which makes the Garuda summons and weapons pretty ineffective if not downright useless in that event.
Same thing applies to the event coming after that which is Jormungandr (water).

There was a very brief interruption with the Medusa (dark) event.

But then all of a sudden its lightning event now with Sandalphon which obviously beats water. And the time it takes for everything in the current Garuda that we farmed (wind) to actually be properly effective against another event in the future is over a month according to the DMM dates on JP wiki. Oh well no wonder people just stuck with their Apocalypses.

Unregistered
03-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Garuda summon will be fine; the double attack rate buff won't be impacted by enemy element. And the water attack buff half of the passive will come in use. Aside from that, it's just part of the conundrum with the water/wind combination; when one side has advantage, the other half will have weakness.

The events are in arbitrary order, element-wise, aside from no repeating back to back. You're trying to find a Megaman-style order to it, but that's a trap. The human mind by default wants to see logical patterns, but sometimes, things just aren't planned so neatly.

VortexMagus
03-19-2017, 12:55 PM

I spend 10 half elixirs on apocalypse and 40 on phoenix expert SP. I also used most of my ap on cooldown (but not all of it). From all of this, one platinum chest with an SSR weapon, that's it, no eidolon drop at all.

Spent 2 elixir on garuda so far but that was when I was testing the expert SP drop rates. Turns out they're shit.

Unregistered
03-19-2017, 01:04 PM
For me, snatching at least 5+ in every run of the first two events netted me only a single plat during apoc (and it was an SR weapon), and nothing since. I haven't bothered using it since.

I was running double anzu and snatch 7+ stacks during first two events with no luck. This event I didn't bother with either and got 2 SSR weapon drops already.

Then again it could just be a coincidence, or increased rainbow chest odds by quite a bit.

Mattress
03-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Finally I found a platinum chest, yay!

Sr weapon. Damn...

Unregistered
03-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Slightly off topic, but is it just me or is the way the events are being arranged are scummy?
Next is Typhon (Fire) which makes the Garuda summons and weapons pretty ineffective if not downright useless in that event.

But then all of a sudden its lightning event now with Sandalphon which obviously beats water. And the time it takes for everything in the current Garuda that we farmed (wind) to actually be properly effective against another event in the future is over a month according to the DMM dates on JP wiki. Oh well no wonder people just stuck with their Apocalypses.

You can use the summon and weapon just fine as a sub, you'll still be stronger than if you skipped the event. Also you don't have to use the element that is strong to something, you can use something neutral to it. It isn't like everyone used a light team to fight apoc.

CBW
03-19-2017, 10:32 PM
Investigation is underway on the Expert SP quest. They will make an announcement.

I tend to agree with the prior poster who pointed out the SP quest shouldn't have been there to begin with. Wait and see.

AgentFakku
03-19-2017, 10:41 PM
just need 4 moar wings LOL

Lag
03-19-2017, 11:07 PM
just need 4 moar wings LOL

Did you just start the event or did you have insanely bad luck?

CBW
03-20-2017, 01:13 AM

This is probably on purpose. The difficulty level would go way down if we got to use our brand new weapons at every new event. As it stands, we have to complete a cycle before the goodies are strong in an event.

Povak
03-20-2017, 01:38 AM
It's just me who is struggling to get Feathers?

vysethevaliant
03-20-2017, 01:40 AM
I've had a total of four rainbow chests total, from Apocalypse all the way to the current Garuda? The spoils? SR weapons every time. Feels bad. :/

On the positive, I just did my third 3k Jewel summon and I got my second SSR character (Shiva)! I re-rolled for Sol so it's nice to get another the "legit" way. I was kind of hoping it would be Amaterasu, but I'm just glad it wasn't an SSR summon or just a standard weapon. The rest of the pull was nothing but useless R drops as well as a few SR weapons (no characters, unfortunately), but I can't complain. I love her art/voice too, which is always nice.

Dragonlich
03-20-2017, 11:13 AM
Finally I found a platinum chest, yay!

Oh.. They are really exists!

felix
03-20-2017, 03:09 PM
whats more important for dark/light main to get from this event? ssr weapon or Garuda? i mean eventually weapon will be pushed out from my grid by light element weapons, but so is Garuda: in the future there are better summons with better buffs/debuffs... id what to spend my drops on...

ham
03-20-2017, 03:31 PM
whats more important for dark/light main to get from this event? ssr weapon or Garuda? i mean eventually weapon will be pushed out from my grid by light element weapons, but so is Garuda: in the future there are better summons with better buffs/debuffs... id what to spend my drops on...

Garuda is important for every element and won't be pushed out of your "Eid Grid" for a long time.

Honestly, your not is not suppose to look that far into the future, but to get yourself as strong as possible to be able to do Ragnarok difficulty, which you can only attempt once a day. You're gimping yourself by not getting stuff from the event. You'll regret it once you fail to do Ragnarok due to underpowered weapon/eid grid.

felix
03-20-2017, 03:52 PM
Garuda is important for every element and won't be pushed out of your "Eid Grid" for a long time.

Honestly, your not is not suppose to look that far into the future, but to get yourself as strong as possible to be able to do Ragnarok difficulty, which you can only attempt once a day. You're gimping yourself by not getting stuff from the event. You'll regret it once you fail to do Ragnarok due to underpowered weapon/eid grid.

im not tryin to ignore the event, its just that i doubt i will have enough mats to max both Garuda and ssr weapon, so im tryin to decide which is more important

ham
03-20-2017, 04:55 PM
im not tryin to ignore the event, its just that i doubt i will have enough mats to max both Garuda and ssr weapon, so im tryin to decide which is more important

Oh, if that's the case, then Garuda. 1 copy of weapon to be safe, but if you're focusing only on Dark/Light grid, then there's actually no point in getting the weapon.

A single SR dark weapon with ATK weapon skill can easily surpass any other elemental SSR weapons.

Lag
03-20-2017, 05:15 PM
About Garuda SP Quest

We have received some inquiries about the drop rate for Garuda Expert SP quest.

Now we are investigating.
We will make another announcement when we finish it.

We thank you for your kind understanding and continued support.

Sincerely,
Dev Team

A bit late there, don'tcha think?

Aidoru
03-20-2017, 06:06 PM
Saw it this morning. Maybe they'll give us compensation or something, though seems unlikely since it shouldn't have been too big of a deal, unless you for some reason couldn't tell after several runs and still attempted at running it.

vysethevaliant
03-20-2017, 07:27 PM
A bit late there, don'tcha think?
I was just about to post this. It's kind of meaningless, since Sunday has come and gone without any of us able to farm gold chests like we wanted to. I'm guessing nothing will amount to this and we'll just have to deal with lower chances for gold chests drops for this event.

I'm debating whether I should go ahead and continue burning Stamina Potions or wait and see if they offer us another chance at the gold chests. I'm currently at 2/5 Eidolon, and 1/5 of the weapon. I have enough for a second weapon now, but I'm nearing my third Eidolon so I'll probably focus on that first and then work on my second weapon. If I can manage 3/5 of the Eidolon and 2/5 of the weapon, I'll be happy. Ideally, I'd like to get a fourth Eidolon before the event ends, but given how much the cost increases each time, and the fact that rainbow chests (when they do appear) only drop SR weapons for me, I'm guessing that won't happen. Even if I were to burn through all of my Stamina Potions I wouldn't get enough materials for a fourth Eidolon, so I'll just wait until the event returns.

ham
03-20-2017, 08:54 PM
I was just about to post this. It's kind of meaningless, since Sunday has come and gone without any of us able to farm gold chests like we wanted to. I'm guessing nothing will amount to this and we'll just have to deal with lower chances for gold chests drops for this event.

I'm debating whether I should go ahead and continue burning Stamina Potions or wait and see if they offer us another chance at the gold chests. I'm currently at 2/5 Eidolon, and 1/5 of the weapon. I have enough for a second weapon now, but I'm nearing my third Eidolon so I'll probably focus on that first and then work on my second weapon. If I can manage 3/5 of the Eidolon and 2/5 of the weapon, I'll be happy. Ideally, I'd like to get a fourth Eidolon before the event ends, but given how much the cost increases each time, and the fact that rainbow chests (when they do appear) only drop SR weapons for me, I'm guessing that won't happen. Even if I were to burn through all of my Stamina Potions I wouldn't get enough materials for a fourth Eidolon, so I'll just wait until the event returns.

They might add Ultimate + the new fire SSR Kamihime after this maint. Ultimate is better than SP.

felix
03-20-2017, 09:01 PM
random maintenance is random i suppose... well at least i was on 0 ap, so not like i could do anything in game anyways XD

Unregistered
03-20-2017, 09:14 PM
random maintenance is random i suppose... well at least i was on 0 ap, so not like i could do anything in game anyways XD

and then i always on last hit.... 30 ap event....

vysethevaliant
03-20-2017, 09:15 PM
They might add Ultimate + the new fire SSR Kamihime after this maint. Ultimate is better than SP.
That'd be nice.

I'm not sure I'd be able to handle Ultimate, but I'd definitely give it a try. My team has a score of around 23.5k attack and can't manage a full fire team. It's mostly a combination of Fire (Solomon + Amon), and Shiva/Cybele/Sol (for heals). As for summons, it's pretty much just event ones as of now (been using Apocalypse for the increase to Fire).

Unregistered
03-20-2017, 09:15 PM
and then i always on last hit.... 30 ap event....

and from previous experience... there's no resume, ap lost and no rewards~~

CBW
03-20-2017, 10:21 PM
That'd be nice.

I'm not sure I'd be able to handle Ultimate, but I'd definitely give it a try. My team has a score of around 23.5k attack and can't manage a full fire team. It's mostly a combination of Fire (Solomon + Amon), and Shiva/Cybele/Sol (for heals). As for summons, it's pretty much just event ones as of now (been using Apocalypse for the increase to Fire).

I'm using the measuring stick from my prep thread, which is full party burst damage. The first(?) day I did 49K, now I can hit 66K. It's a much better measuring stick than 23.4K versus 23.7K total ATK. I will burn one potion attempting Ultimate, just to see where I fail.

ANNND It's up!

Barely won, 3 golds dropped, all SR weapon upgrades...

Largepotato
03-21-2017, 12:12 AM
Also barely beat the ultimate.

Dropped just over 2 pages of loot.

3 amritas, 3 wings, shitload of beaks and feathers.

The special instantly kills one unit (7k damage), while rage is hard to break.

President Ramu
03-21-2017, 12:13 AM
I'm using the measuring stick from my prep thread, which is full party burst damage. The first(?) day I did 49K, now I can hit 66K. It's a much better measuring stick than 23.4K versus 23.7K total ATK. I will burn one potion attempting Ultimate, just to see where I fail.

ANNND It's up!

Barely won, 3 golds dropped, all SR weapon upgrades...

Hahaha, nearly same here. 1 jar and 2 enhance.

I had been sleepwalking through the trash mobs at the beginning on the old one, so I kind of goofed up on this one at first not expecting them to have so much health. They didn't kill anybody, but it did screw up my timing for making sure I had Burst available for Garuda.

Garuda fight was mostly the same, except that she could definitely murder any of my people if I slipped up or just rolled the dice wrong. My team is only 18k and Wind Based, so the bar isn't a hell of a lot higher for people who were already basically autoattacking through the Expert version. I'm kinda meh about the whole thing after they blew it so hard this weekend though, this event was huge for my team and 300 jewels ain't gonna fix that.

Lag
03-21-2017, 12:19 AM
Did my first try of Ultimate.

I was stupidly close to losing with my full fire team of Rs and 25k attack.
http://i.imgur.com/gwpIx96.jpg

Not sure if I can grind that one.

felix
03-21-2017, 12:32 AM
am i the only one who will keep doin ultimate just for the feathers? cus i need alot of them for dem Soul P...

sanahtlig
03-21-2017, 12:38 AM
I'm barely clearing Ultimate with 23.4k attack power (I'm running a mixed team of Fire and Water, with Water as my main element). I actually found that Garuda's Overdrive during Rage was no more punishing than Expert. It hit me for about 3k. Definitely not 7k. The non-rage Overdrive hit for about 1k AoE with most of my attack debuffs on. She was definitely dealing out damage faster than I could heal, particularly once Nike went down.

Gouda
03-21-2017, 12:44 AM
I cried ... both from happy and sadness.
Sad becoz
Happy becoz, Im not alone...

President Ramu
03-21-2017, 12:44 AM
am i the only one who will keep doin ultimate just for the feathers? cus i need alot of them for dem Soul P...

It's... fine, there's just kind of a loss of momentum and morale since it was expected yesterday, so on top of just the general disappointment and Sunday being a hell of a lot better time for playing than Monday or Tuesday, we get less time to farm it now as well. It's just kind of an overall shitshow.

Let alone that there's still a risk of getting weapon enhancements in the gold chests because reasons. It's just overall disheartening as a group.

felix
03-21-2017, 12:56 AM
omg, just did ult run and got no enhancement mats whatsoever! didnt know this day would come! feelsgoodman XD

Dragonlich
03-21-2017, 01:43 AM
What team are you using for ultimate?
My 23k whites was destroyed in the end.

sanahtlig
03-21-2017, 02:21 AM
I'm running with Siegfried (SR Fire Disaster Hammer, Gawain's Defense Down skill equipped), Amon, Sol, Nike, Belphegor (Water is my usual team element). That gives the potential for double attack and double defense down. I also have 3 Apocalypses, which I rotate to make sure Blind is up on Garuda. Garuda's normal attacks are much more dangerous than her skills--if she lands a triple attack someone is going to die--but as long as she misses you're fine. I tend to lose about one kamihime per run with this setup, though double healer gives the team a fair amount of endurance. I've cleared the fight in 4/4 attempts with this setup.

I also have Fire R kamihime as reserve, so if I do lose a kamihime the replacement is strong, and I should have debuffs already up so I should be able to slog on if I lose a debuffer or a healer. If I lost my soul early in the fight I might be in trouble, as Siegfried's skills are important, as are the additional damage and buffs/debuffs from the eidolons.

AgentFakku
03-21-2017, 02:39 AM
finally got Garuda! don't think I get a 2nd one though

let see wut to buy

Mitoru
03-21-2017, 05:43 AM
When Nutaku gives you a better compensation than you expected and roll Susanoo with the same single pull.
Feelsniceman, she was on my to do list. This completes my dark team, tho D-Amon would be more than welcome in the future.

Unregistered
03-21-2017, 06:21 AM
25.5k team here with only Brynhildr for healing. Ultimate is still easy enough to do it even though I still use Anzu as my main Eidolon. Also don't need blind either.

Skulkraken
03-21-2017, 06:42 AM
Just finished up Ultimate for the first time with my 22.5k fireteam. Damn, I wasn't totally expecting her to be leveled all the way up to Lv55, haha. Ended up using up the elixer I'd been saving up in order to finish the fight. Was totally worth it to get three of those gold Amritas at once as drops. Going to need to reorganize my team a bit before I challenge that stage again.

Unregistered
03-21-2017, 08:48 AM
the ultimate stage have % to drop platinum chest? so far 30 ap with snatch give to me 0-2 gold 4-7 silver 15-18 bronze but the new 40 ap
give to me 1-3 gold silver 5-7 bronze 17-25 without snacth because i barely can handle it, with a party of R fire himes 24k using healer soul and nike to stay alive,
it seen that 40 ap is too risky to me and give almost the same amount of mats and the gold chest usually in 40 ap usually is a SR mat T_T

jazz154
03-21-2017, 08:48 AM
25k, fireteam (Amon, Brynhildr, Baphomet, Nergal plus whatever I happen to be leveling up, today Satan and Undine) and my soul is Mordred, mine only fire weapon is from Bryhildr and rest are water weapons. First time I lost Baphomet and then Satan only because she focused on attacking that slot where they were, like only it and nothing else... Still it was a fairly easy win. Second time no one died. I just wish that I wasn't getting so many enhancing materials.

Aidoru
03-21-2017, 09:22 AM
As long as the trash drops a couple party heal potions, I can clear with my 25k full dark team and beat Garuda in about 3-5 turns before she even gets off a overdrive attack. Nike in sub slot in case. The trash mobs are more scary to be honest since I regular attack them to build up burst and have to eat a lot of hits as they hit multiple times quite often.

sanahtlig
03-21-2017, 09:31 AM
I burst down one trash mob with skills, usually before it can get off its overdrive. After that I can easily heal through any damage the remaining one does. It takes 8+ turns to clear the first...

CBW
03-21-2017, 10:14 AM
I have given up on Ultimate for now. I would have to burn a lot of potions and some elixirs to get to the next eidolon. I might as well save those potions for when I can beat Ultimate handily.

Fasolato
03-21-2017, 10:16 AM
They added new himes in the gacha? Didn't pay atention since i don't care about fire team.

Unregistered
03-21-2017, 10:27 AM
One new kamihime was added with this update; Acala.

sanahtlig
03-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Got the SSR weapon from my first platinum chest in Ultimate. I'd estimate I've done around 9 runs so far. If the platinum chest drop rate was something like 1/10, which would mean about 1 per 450 AP or once per 1.5 days, that'd be a definite improvement over Expert and you could expect ~5 platinum chests per event. That would make fully limit breaking either the SSR weapon or the SSR eidolon each event potentially attainable without elixirs.

Devin
03-21-2017, 02:17 PM
Got the SSR weapon from my first platinum chest in Ultimate. I'd estimate I've done around 9 runs so far. If the platinum chest drop rate was something like 1/10, which would mean about 1 per 450 AP or once per 1.5 days, that'd be a definite improvement over Expert and you could expect ~5 platinum chests per event. That would make fully limit breaking either the SSR weapon or the SSR eidolon each event potentially attainable without elixirs.

I wish it was that good. I've played every event like crazy and only the first one dropped a plat chest for me -_- Nothing but Expert runs. Now nothing but Ultimate runs.

ham
03-21-2017, 02:24 PM
All my plat chest were SR weapons

BigBobs
03-21-2017, 08:41 PM
One new kamihime was added with this update; Acala.

I pulled her too with the bundle package.

Soooooo nice. At level 25ish she hits ultimate garuda for nearly 40k with her first skill, and I only have two fire weapons equipped (and I think one of those is HP)!

No plat chests in 8 or 9 ult runs so far. Or any of this event or last.

sanahtlig
03-22-2017, 01:09 PM
Got another SSR weapon from my second platinum chest in Ultimate. That's one day worth of runs since my last drop, so that makes two platinum chests in about 18 runs. Looks like I'm on track to fully limit break the weapon, but not the eidolon. Since water is my team element I may end up spending 60 or so of my 116 half-elixirs to ensure I can fully LB the eidolon (less if I get another lucky drop).

CBW
03-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Is Garuda scheduled to come back? It makes a difference in planning.

I have gained another 1K ATK since Ultimate came out, and my battles are much less risky.

VortexMagus
03-22-2017, 05:07 PM
I find ultimate barely manageable with a fire team, two apocalypse, and about 24k total stats. My thunder team is slightly stronger than my fire team, but not by much, so I'll prefer the element advantage from fire..

Unregistered
03-22-2017, 05:16 PM
Garuda gets reprinted along with Typhon far off in the future (~9 months after launch on DMM). The Garuda/Typhon reprint should have the adjusted exchange rates introduced in Ixion.

CBW
03-22-2017, 05:27 PM
Interesting development... my Ultimate hasn't dropped ANY enhance materials for at least 3 battles. Not R... Not SR. I'm not that lucky! The only thing I can think of is I replaced Snatch with Snatch 2.

jazz154
03-22-2017, 10:18 PM
Interesting development... my Ultimate hasn't dropped ANY enhance materials for at least 3 battles. Not R... Not SR. I'm not that lucky! The only thing I can think of is I replaced Snatch with Snatch 2.

It's just luck. I am never using snatch and yesterday I did more than 20 runs with enhancing materials rarely popping up but today I am getting a lot of them.

Aidoru
03-22-2017, 10:34 PM
Just about done for the day. Ran at least 15+ ultimate and not a single wep or eidolon drop. On the other hand I can probably get the final copy of Garuda if I use some more half elixirs, which might be annoying if she does drop and I maxed her already. Probably won't though exchange her last copy regardless. Would really like more Soul P but the last set feels a bit wasteful. I guess it'll depends on what I get tomorrow.

felix
03-23-2017, 04:16 PM
1st plat chest in 3 events and its a fkin sr weapon with hp skill... feelsbadman

sanahtlig
03-23-2017, 04:22 PM
I'll be able to LB the SSR weapon to 2/3 stars and the SSR eidolon to 4/4 stars. I ended up using 18 half-elixirs. Didn't get any more platinum chests so my earlier 4 drops (!) must've been lucky I guess?

felix
03-23-2017, 04:39 PM
I'll be able to LB the SSR weapon to 2/3 stars and the SSR eidolon to 4/4 stars. I ended up using 18 half-elixirs. Didn't get any more platinum chests so my earlier 4 drops (!) must've been lucky I guess?

would you say summon is more important than weapon? (im dark/light main) cus ive heard that you supposed to max weapons no matter what, since thats the bulk of your damage?

sanahtlig
03-23-2017, 04:59 PM
The eidolons from these first three events are some of the best in the game, as far as I can tell. My team is Water so choosing the eidolon was a no-brainer. If you have no plans to run a Wind team, then you'll want the eidolon. Off-element SSR weapons aren't that useful once you have a full grid for your team element. Having strong eidolons that provide a variety of elemental bonuses gives you flexibility to change elements in the future, as well as swap in eidolons with situationally-useful skills (Blind, Debuff resist) without lowering your base stats.

Unregistered
03-23-2017, 05:19 PM
A weapon gets pushed out of the grid once you've got enough SR/SSR weapons with assault for whatever your main composition is.
An eidolon gets pushed out when you've picked 5 other summon effects ahead of it and/or you've got enough SSR eidolons of matching element for the +10% stat bonus. The summon effect seems more important to me, though. Especially since eidolons count as their own 'frame' for buff/debuff purposes.

felix
03-23-2017, 06:43 PM
am i the only one who thinks that Amon (regular one) is pretty useless? ive been runnin with her this entire event and i found myself almost never using her 2nd and 3rd skill (self gauge up is useless since i get to boss with full burst anyways, and stat resist... considering that Amon is supposed to face off wind element which is not exactly known for its debuffs (like dark for example), i find this skill useless this event and at best only situationaly useful any other time) am i missing something here, or is Amon really is the worst SR hime in game?

AgentFakku
03-23-2017, 06:44 PM
Used to not completing everything in event due to my work at the pizzeria

Kamihime, Pero Pero Seduction, Osawari, and Brave Raven are ones I can't complete

Unregistered
03-23-2017, 07:22 PM
Amon doesn't have a whole lot going for her, true, but having some situational uses for the team still places her above someone in particular. I dare you to try to put together an argument for event girl #5, Baldr, being better than Amon.

To refresh, Baldr's skills are...
A self-only reflect buff for 2 turns
A self-only 100% damage cut; lasts until its consumed
A single target attack that also recovers her HP

Great for keeping herself (and only herself) alive. Question is, what does doing nothing but keeping only yourself alive do for the rest of the team? I see one situation in which this is conceivably useful. You'd need someone else to have landed some DoT effects on the enemy, everybody but Baldr needs to be dead, and the fight is so close that you really need Baldr the last girl standing to just hold on for a couple more turns to let the DoTs finish off the enemy.

At minimum, Amon has two situational uses.
Her 2nd skill is basically a pre-casted debuff remover. Niche, yes, but there exist situations in which debuff removal is a positive move for the team.
Her 3rd skill requires an even more niche situation, but it can conceivably happen. Remember the mechanic that when a kamihime bursts, everybody else on the team (who hasn't already bursted that turn) gets +10 to their burst gauge. (This does mean that when your burst guages are 100/90/80/70/60 from top to bottom, you can perform a full burst, for those unaware). So the situation in which a self-only +15 burst gauge is relevant is when Amon's gauge is between 85 and 99.5*, and when someone below/after Amon is still 10 or less away from a full gauge themselves. That is, when pushing Amon into enabling a burst would also enable at least one more party member to burst as well, and you're in a hurry to finish the fight.

*How does 0.5 burst gauge happen? Well, for example, the 3rd skill for event girl #2 (Gabriel) is a party-wide 2 turn buff whose effect is to increase burst gauge gain per hit by 1.5

felix
03-23-2017, 07:46 PM
not everyone needs to contribute to the team: Susanoo for example does nothing for the team, she just kicks ass and chews bubblegum. Glass cannon, that murderises everyone but does nothing for the team. Baldr doesnt do that much damage, but she has 2 different ways to negate damage, which, combined with some buffs/hero skills can make her practically unkillable. Yes, she doesnt do much for the team, but since Baldr alone is pretty much immortal, that means that the rest of the team can ignore her and focus on keeping the rest of the team alive and if enemy hits Baldr, chances are it will be reflected/negated or just brushed off, considering her huge hp pool (for SR tier). Effectively, if enemy hits all members of the party equally, having Baldr is like taking 20% less damage overall. Amon, on the other hand has VERY niche uses... So niche, that you might as well call it "useless"...
and another argument in favor of Baldr: she is cute XD

Aidoru
03-23-2017, 07:52 PM
I haven't tried it yet despite having the characters but some characters have skills that have two way effects/afflictions. Beelzebub's King of Flies increases double attack rate to party but also defense down to entire party and Tsukuyomi's Misty Moonlight blinds all units on the field.

With Amon in the team, I would assume her Devil's Kiss would negate the negatives effect giving you only the positives. Both Beelze and Tsuku are dark units so they can work with Apocalypse as main eidiolon for the Dark/Fire boost which should also benefit Amon's only attack skill.

edit: Just tried with Tsukuyomi and yea, it prevents afflictions by own units.

Unregistered
03-23-2017, 08:02 PM
Someone like Susanoo still fulfills the role of DPS. That's still a use for the team.
Baldr doesn't do anything for the team. She doesn't output damage like an attacker would in her spot, or someone placing DoT effects would. She isn't raising the team's DPS through attack buffs or defense debuffs. She isn't disabling the enemy. She doesn't reduce incoming damage to the team via defense buff/attack debuff/team-wide damage cuts/covering. She doesn't heal the party. She only does self survival, and that is practically useless without the ability to force the enemy to attack her.

felix
03-23-2017, 08:10 PM
and that is practically useless without the ability to force the enemy to attack her.

not as useless as not doin anything for the team AND not having any self survival XD

Unregistered
03-23-2017, 08:15 PM
And yes, Devil's Kiss would remove 'afflictions'. 'Afflictions' are effectively the same as 'debuffs' from the game's perspective. That is, as long as it's a negative status effect, the game doesn't distinguish them for 'debuff/ailment' removal purposes. Likewise, Cassiopeia's Chaos Magic should only care about whether a status effect is positive or not.
Devil's Kiss is a negative status effect remover that you cast beforehand, with a stupid high cooldown unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

not as useless as not doin anything for the team AND not having any self survival XD

Wiping a negative status effect alone will something for a team more often than Baldr's self survival will.

- - - Updated - - -

*will do something

BigBobs
03-23-2017, 08:31 PM
Amon doesn't have a whole lot going for her, true, but having some situational uses for the team still places her above someone in particular. I dare you to try to put together an argument for event girl #5, Baldr, being better than Amon.

To refresh, Baldr's skills are...
A self-only reflect buff for 2 turns
A self-only 100% damage cut; lasts until its consumed
A single target attack that also recovers her HP

Great for keeping herself (and only herself) alive. Question is, what does doing nothing but keeping only yourself alive do for the rest of the team? I see one situation in which this is conceivably useful. You'd need someone else to have landed some DoT effects on the enemy, everybody but Baldr needs to be dead, and the fight is so close that you really need Baldr the last girl standing to just hold on for a couple more turns to let the DoTs finish off the enemy.

At minimum, Amon has two situational uses.
Her 2nd skill is basically a pre-casted debuff remover. Niche, yes, but there exist situations in which debuff removal is a positive move for the team.
Her 3rd skill requires an even more niche situation, but it can conceivably happen. Remember the mechanic that when a kamihime bursts, everybody else on the team (who hasn't already bursted that turn) gets +10 to their burst gauge. (This does mean that when your burst guages are 100/90/80/70/60 from top to bottom, you can perform a full burst, for those unaware). So the situation in which a self-only +15 burst gauge is relevant is when Amon's gauge is between 85 and 99.5*, and when someone below/after Amon is still 10 or less away from a full gauge themselves. That is, when pushing Amon into enabling a burst would also enable at least one more party member to burst as well, and you're in a hurry to finish the fight.

*How does 0.5 burst gauge happen? Well, for example, the 3rd skill for event girl #2 (Gabriel) is a party-wide 2 turn buff whose effect is to increase burst gauge gain per hit by 1.5

Amon's debuff protection is amazing. Pair it with any member who gives a good bonus but also a negative, like Beelz's double attack up/defense down. Keeps all the positives, none of the negatives.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't tried it yet despite having the characters but some characters have skills that have two way effects/afflictions. Beelzebub's King of Flies increases double attack rate to party but also defense down to entire party and Tsukuyomi's Misty Moonlight blinds all units on the field.

With Amon in the team, I would assume her Devil's Kiss would negate the negatives effect giving you only the positives. Both Beelze and Tsuku are dark units so they can work with Apocalypse as main eidiolon for the Dark/Fire boost which should also benefit Amon's only attack skill.

edit: Just tried with Tsukuyomi and yea, it prevents afflictions by own units.

This. You just described my team I have all three chars. Amon plays first backup because there's no chance I don't field Bryn and Acala ahead of her. As soon as she comes in both Acala's and Beelz's downsides are removed. I don't really count Tsukuyomi's because....I never have a reason to cast it. Pretty much half my summons cause blind (apoc, friend apoc, ouroboros).

felix
03-23-2017, 08:53 PM
the problem is maybe right now Amon's status protection can be usefull, but she is fire attribute and supposed to face wind attribute which does not have alot, or any debuffs (correct me if im wrong, idk if future wind raid bosses spam status debuffs). Cassiopea's skill is amasing because u can throw light weapon at her and make her face dark raids that spam statuses. As for self debuffs. Again, main sourse (or only source, im not sure here) is dark kamihime (tsukiyomi, beelz) and the thing with dark himes is... theres plenty of amazing choices that are much, much, much better than Amon (Bastet, Nyarlathotep, Pale Rider, you name it). Even worst dark hime is better than takin amon in that slot.
on the off note, main point of Tsukiyomi is making your team blind - that allows you to prolong fight and get an extra snatch or 2. since theres plenty of blind sources that dont involve you blinding yourself, i dont see any point in using Tsukiyomi for any other reason than to blind yourself for that very reason.
ony one situation i can see her bein usefull is in party with Ares, since she has atk buff that sets her on fire, so maybe you would want her there... but seriously, im looking through fire SR himes and dont see any reason to pick Amon over ANY of them. Unfortunately we only have Agni and Bryn now, so no other choice than to wait...

Aidoru
03-23-2017, 08:59 PM
Many characters are situation. We've been stating those scenarios, no one is stating she is the best unit or something. We're saying she has her uses, where as you stated she was useless.

am i the only one who thinks that Amon (regular one) is pretty useless?

Unregistered
03-23-2017, 09:38 PM
Sticking to their own element makes Baldr even worse.
The one hypothetical situation I see Baldr's survivability having an impact on the fight can't even be done by a light SR/SSR team. No light SR/SSR kamihime can inflict a DoT effect. No thunder SR/SSR kamihime can inflict a DoT effect for that matter, so a Phoenix light/thunder team can't do it either.
At least with an Apocalypse team, Amon can be a work around for Beel, Tsukiyomi, Ares, or Acala.

VortexMagus
03-24-2017, 01:57 AM
Sticking to their own element makes Baldr even worse.
The one hypothetical situation I see Baldr's survivability having an impact on the fight can't even be done by a light SR/SSR team. No light SR/SSR kamihime can inflict a DoT effect. No thunder SR/SSR kamihime can inflict a DoT effect for that matter, so a Phoenix light/thunder team can't do it either.
At least with an Apocalypse team, Amon can be a work around for Beel, Tsukiyomi, Ares, or Acala.

Well, I mean, Mordred wielding a light weapon can inflict every debuff in the game. Baldr still sucks though, lets be real.

AgentFakku
03-24-2017, 02:12 AM
It's over

then we celebrate half a mill playas despite "issues" yay, more free stuff

CBW
03-24-2017, 09:00 AM
It's over

then we celebrate half a mill playas despite "issues" yay, more free stuff

Probably half those accounts are rerollers. lol

AgentFakku
03-24-2017, 02:19 PM
Probably half those accounts are rerollers. lol