PDA

View Full Version : Best SR-Tier Team Compilations

felix
03-17-2017, 04:37 PM
After reading multiple forum posts and spending hours on Jap Wiki battling google translate with its broken engrish, I came up with following team setups for each element with reasons why it should work. I've chosen SR-tier simply because getting SR Himes is pretty easy with just Jewels or minimal cash (if you chose to spend on it) as opposed to SSR-Tier on which you can spend hundreds of $$$ with 0 payout, or R-Tier, which is pretty underwhelming with very few exceptions.

Note that not all listed KH have been released in Nutaku version of the game at the time of writing of this post.

Dark

Beelzebub, Bastet, Nyarlathotep - This trio will provide the following buffs: atk up, ability dmg up, dark atk up, double strike rate up and rampaging. And debuffs: atk down, def down, blind and poison(very powerful at that).
This leaves us with 1 open KH slot as well as choice of a Hero Soul. In my opinion there are 2 options here
1 Get Andromeda Hero for all our healing needs and add whatever KH we have available, whether it be some sort of SSR KH that we managed to get our hands on, or if we want to stick to SR dark KHs, then I can suggest 3 options: Valor and Pale Rider are very similar to each other, both provide good debuffs not offered by our "main" trio and have decent atk capability. Meretseger provides pure damage: highest atk value among all SR Dark KH combined with it's 3rd ability buffed by Bastet's ability dmg up will HURT. A LOT.
2 Get some sort of healer - Nike and Brynhilde are great choices, depending on what element you are facing, and take an offensive Hero, like Arthur, Sieg, Shingen, Hercules or even Joan of Arc, if you feel like you need more protection. Try to avoid Mordred though, since we already have like half of what makes him useful.

Light

From the strong team with a variety of options to imo underpowered light... Not a lot of options here, unfortunately, since bulk of what makes light teams tick is either SSR (Sol, Michael, Eros, etc) or limited edition SRs like Bikini Brynhilde or Light Hermoose, however including them in this list would invalidate it if you are not lucky with gacha draws, so we have to build a team from KH that we can either get all the time or can get from events without any rng involved. So here we go...

Uranus and Diana provide buffs: atk up, def up and double strike rate up. Not much, but we dont have any better options here.
For Hero option I would strongly recommend Mordred, since we have no potent debuffs whatsoever and that leaves us with 2 KH slots.
Healer position is a must have, unfortunately the only option we have here is Belobog, and she is not that good as a healer. (This is where event-only Bikini Brynhilde could come in handy, as well as another limited/exclusive/maybe not included in our version of the game Demeter, who is not that good anyway) Point is, we are probably better off with Nike/Brynhilde as a healer rather than Belobog
Last position is a filler: put any SSR that we managed to get here, otherwise, if we need more support, we can get Muses for ability dmg up and burst gauge up, otherwise throw in some damage. 2 options here: Artemis for more consistent dps, or Anteros for literal definition of glass cannon, its up for personal choice.

Water

Another strong element with good options.
Nike is made for position of healer and does her job splendidly.
Gabriel and Belfegor provide buffs: atk up, def up and debuffs: def down, def down(these 2 stack with each other), atk down. Also worth mentioning that Belfegor is very useful against bosses that rage and can be stunned.
Last KH as well as Hero Soul can be pretty much anything we want: Mordred for more debuffs, Andromeda or Joan for more survivability, or anyone else for more damage.
Same goes for last KH: Oceanos, Parvati or Enkidou are good offensive KH, while Cupid or Nodens can provide a bit of extra support.

Fire

A bit more limiting than water when it comes to KH choices but instead we can chose any Hero Spirit we feel like playing, since the KH can cover all essential needs.
Brynhilde, Hephaestus, Agni and Raguel together provide an assortment of buffs: fire atk up, atk up, double strike rate up, ability dmg up as well as debuffs: def down, atk down, not to mention that Brynhilde is an excellent healer as well. And since all essentials are covered, we can do a variety of things: go for offensive Soul, debuff Soul, or maybe swap any of existing KH for more offensive one, like Aizen or Mort and cover the hole with Andromeda or Joan, its up to personal preference at that point.

Wind

Pretty good element with a free choice of Hero Spirit here.
Oberon, and Iris provide debuffs: atk down, atk down (these 2 stack) def down, def down (these 2 stack) and blind.
Buffs are on the difficult side: Iris provides wind dmg up, but other than that we dont have any group buffs, so that is the job for Hero Soul to provide: Arthur, Andromeda, Joan, all good choices here.
Itakua is our choice of a healer, who also has team protect and can poison as a nice bonus.
Last slot can be anything, but i would suggest Freya, since she can heal and buff one ally + herself (not as good as a team buff/heal, but better than pure damage in my opinion)

Thunder

A bit more difficult element here.
Ramiel is a must have, since that is the only buffer we have that provides def up and atk up for our team, as well as burst gauge up.
Thunder does not have any healers, so we will have to either get Andromeda to fill that role, or borrow healers of other elements (Brynhilde/Nike)
As for all other slots... Well... Thunder has no debuffers at all, but instead offers a variety of very powerful attackers, and here we can chose pretty much anyone: Nemesis, Krishna, Tezcatlipoca, Hellmoss, all good choices here as well as any SSR of any element we might have at this point. We can even borrow some debuffers from other elements (dark is the best option here).

Hopefully this list will be useful for someone.

President Ramu
03-17-2017, 04:50 PM
Couple of things, kind of disjointed:

I'm pretty sure every single team I have has Nike or Brynhildr (or both on my first account, haha) just because they're the only decent healers commonly available. Unless you're planning to marry Andromeda forever or reroll for an afternoon to get Sol, I feel like they're almost required from the options we have right now.

The other problem is that you're bound by what you get from the gacha in those first couple of rolls, and what you can reliably farm. I'm a crazyperson who uses extra accounts to load up raids for my main account and I still don't have a full Weapon Grid yet, I have no idea how sane people plan to do it. So by "reliably farm" I mean "Stay competitive without ruining your life and hating yourself."

Also, when you say "SR Himes are easy to get" do you mean counting rerolls or in an ongoing account? I feel like planning around a specific SR that you don't yet have is a recipe for disaster if you're relying on the gacha, as there's kind of a hell of a lot of them. If you're just rolling up accounts sure, get crazy. But I can't imagine how pissed I'd be spending real money and getting Artemis 3 more times in a row before I got Hermes or something else innocuous. Let alone planning for himes that are months away.

Sorry to ramble, it's super early and there's a bunch of different stuff going on here.

naenae
03-17-2017, 05:02 PM
After reading multiple forum posts and spending hours on Jap Wiki battling google translate with its broken engrish, I came up with following team setups for each element with reasons why it should work. I've chosen SR-tier simply because getting SR Himes is pretty easy with just Jewels or minimal cash (if you chose to spend on it) as opposed to SSR-Tier on which you can spend hundreds of $$$ with 0 payout, or R-Tier, which is pretty underwhelming with very few exceptions.

Note that not all listed KH have been released in Nutaku version of the game at the time of writing of this post.

Dark

Beelzebub, Bastet, Nyarlathotep - This trio will provide the following buffs: atk up, ability dmg up, dark atk up, double strike rate up and rampaging. And debuffs: atk down, def down, blind and poison(very powerful at that).
This leaves us with 1 open KH slot as well as choice of a Hero Soul. In my opinion there are 2 options here
1 Get Andromeda Hero for all our healing needs and add whatever KH we have available, whether it be some sort of SSR KH that we managed to get our hands on, or if we want to stick to SR dark KHs, then I can suggest 3 options: Valor and Pale Rider are very similar to each other, both provide good debuffs not offered by our "main" trio and have decent atk capability. Meretseger provides pure damage: highest atk value among all SR Dark KH combined with it's 3rd ability buffed by Bastet's ability dmg up will HURT. A LOT.
2 Get some sort of healer - Nike and Brynhilde are great choices, depending on what element you are facing, and take an offencive Hero, like Arthur, Sieg, Shingen, Heracles or even Joan of Arc, if you feel like you need more protection. Try to avoid Mordred though, since we already have like half of what makes him useful.

Will edit with the rest of elements as i get enough info on them.

I'd scratch Beelzebub from the list. If memory serves true one of her abilities is YOUR defense down. That alone I don't like

Gisborn
03-17-2017, 05:10 PM
I'd scratch Beelzebub from the list. If memory serves true one of her abilities is YOUR defense down. That alone I don't like

no u can't scratch her off like that... this is why it's a team.... get someone to negate that defense down(like normal amon but i dropped her off for the dark amon.... who cares def lol)....btw with her buff my dark team dmg from 7k to 11k per hime... and hence it's call rampaging :D

President Ramu
03-17-2017, 05:17 PM

When you level her up it becomes almost negligible (goes from Def Down [Medium] to Def Down [Small]), also it functions like any other status-down where you can remove it or "block" it with skills like normal Amon's. In contrast, Beelzebub's buffs can make pretty much any garbage team good enough to make it, I picked her from the pre-reg gacha and she carried my halfass "no idea what I'm doing" newbie team like forever.

I'd say Beelzebub is legit one of the best characters in the game, pound for pound. In the beginning you don't really care about the defense down and by the time it matters you understand the game well enough to plan around it. She's just a solid all-around pick.

felix
03-17-2017, 05:21 PM
Also, when you say "SR Himes are easy to get" do you mean counting rerolls or in an ongoing account?

What i mean is steady acquisition of jewels (on average i get 1-3 SR himes per 3k jewel roll) as well as login reward tickets, event tickets we have now and im pretty sure we will get "Kamihime SR-tier+" ticket from future events as well as event himes (Valor, Pale Rider in this case). Im not saying you will be able to get full team this instant, im creating this list for those, who dont know what himes are valuable and what himes are not. That way, if someone gets best dark team SR himes, but garbage fire or water, this person will spend upgrade mats on his dark team instead of struggling with garbage fire/water team. Nobody should expect to get best himes for EVERY element, but if you are participating in every event, chances are you will have plenty of SSR weapons and Eidolons as well as enough tickets/jewels to get enough SR-tier himes to build at least one of "the best SR-tier teams". Hopefully my rambling makes since since im in the middle of dinner here XD

MrAir
07-13-2017, 04:31 PM
I wanted to build light team, rolled more than 500 times, for all time got only 3 Sols, and never in combo with raphael or michael... My best pick came out next. Sol, Odin, Gaia. So, what u can say about this team? I'm newbie player, i don't know how good or bad it is. And if it's not bad, which hero spirit i should use? and whom should I put on the fourth position (i need to know a type of this kamihime)? Well as i understand, this team will be wind team.

PS: If this team has a bad potential, just say it. I'll continue roll accs.
PPS: Or i just can continue farm, and try to get sr light characters, to finish light deck, and odin with gaia will be just another party heroes. or smth like that... Question is, how important 4 light team Michael and Raphael, cuz there said that SR light team is weak. But i found on wiki Sol, her skills are incredbile, and i think no one, even correct element hero(wind healer) can't compare to her.

//sry 4 bad english

Rhenosa
07-14-2017, 05:36 AM
I wanted to build light team, rolled more than 500 times, for all time got only 3 Sols, and never in combo with raphael or michael... My best pick came out next. Sol, Odin, Gaia. So, what u can say about this team? I'm newbie player, i don't know how good or bad it is. And if it's not bad, which hero spirit i should use? and whom should I put on the fourth position (i need to know a type of this kamihime)? Well as i understand, this team will be wind team.

PS: If this team has a bad potential, just say it. I'll continue roll accs.
PPS: Or i just can continue farm, and try to get sr light characters, to finish light deck, and odin with gaia will be just another party heroes. or smth like that... Question is, how important 4 light team Michael and Raphael, cuz there said that SR light team is weak. But i found on wiki Sol, her skills are incredbile, and i think no one, even correct element hero(wind healer) can't compare to her.

//sry 4 bad english

my main account actually consist of sol, raphael, michael, and artemis. first off michael and artemis are crucial for light team, without both you will lack damage, like seriously. as for raphael, her skill set can be compensated by mordred. what makes michael good is the 20 increase burst for party (with her double attack passive) can bring your team to burst early, artemis is more of straight forward damager (she is SR btw)

MrAir
07-14-2017, 08:41 AM
my main account actually consist of sol, raphael, michael, and artemis. first off michael and artemis are crucial for light team, without both you will lack damage, like seriously. as for raphael, her skill set can be compensated by mordred. what makes michael good is the 20 increase burst for party (with her double attack passive) can bring your team to burst early, artemis is more of straight forward damager (she is SR btw)

* i got artemis too, me best roll is sol, artemis, gaia, odin. i rolled more than 500 times, only 3 sols, and never both sol and michael. Few calculations and it's easy to understand, that even 5000 rolls, could be not enought to get them both, to get 3of them (sol, michael, raphael) it's ~ more that 300k rolls (idk how many different ssrs contains ticket, so i can't say exact probabiblity of it, i chose ~50), so i stopped.

I realized that sol and artemis are good team basis. So now i'm interested how good enough odin and gaya.
Wind:
1. Do they have a good correlation?
2. What about odin, gaia and sol together?
3. Or better change sol for wind healer?
3.1 If she is not bad, how good is wind based team with odin, gaia and sol, which hero spirit would be better, and what character to take on the last slot?
Light:
4. Sol+artemis. Need to choose hero spirit +2 kamihime.
5. Will it be better than the wind team(^ which contains 2-3 ssrs odin, gaia and probably sol(depends on previous answers))?

Rhenosa
07-14-2017, 09:17 AM
* i got artemis too, me best roll is sol, artemis, gaia, odin. i rolled more than 500 times, only 3 sols, and never both sol and michael. Few calculations and it's easy to understand, that even 5000 rolls, could be not enought to get them both, to get 3of them (sol, michael, raphael) it's ~ more that 300k rolls (idk how many different ssrs contains ticket, so i can't say exact probabiblity of it, i chose ~50), so i stopped.

I realized that sol and artemis are good team basis. So now i'm interested how good enough odin and gaya.
Wind:
1. Do they have a good correlation?
2. What about odin, gaia and sol together?
3. Or better change sol for wind healer?
3.1 If she is not bad, how good is wind based team with odin, gaia and sol, which hero spirit would be better, and what character to take on the last slot?
Light:
4. Sol+artemis. Need to choose hero spirit +2 kamihime.
5. Will it be better than the wind team(^ which contains 2-3 ssrs odin, gaia and probably sol(depends on previous answers))?

take my words with grain of salt, since im not an ex-dmm player. (and never used gaia or odin)

1. the only correlation i see atm is gaia can compensate for odin's - defense skill, other than being same element (which already gave lots of benefit)
2. like i said, sol will always be a good addition for any team. her heal can also nullify odin's minus defense. with her presence you may ditch andromeda as your hero spirit choice (thought you wont have ressurection)
3. i dont know if wind have good healer or not, especially SSR ones (maybe in the future?) for now, if i were you i would stick with sol (she has awakening too later)
3.1 wind based team with that composition is decent, just dont forget to make water team to counter your main (i assume wind element) weakness. as for hero spirit the obvious choice would be either mordred (since your team lacks debuff) or siegfried/arthur for straightforward damage (since u already filled the support and defensive slot with gaia and sol), i think with your lineup the hero spirit can be more focused on offensive/utility rather than survivability
4. the hero spirit will depend on the rest 2 kamihime you get, the basic concept on how to pick hero spirit is by filling what position your team lacks off. althou things get different when it comes to what EX you should take..
5. wind will definitely be much better, even the worst SSR is still better than just SR. so more SSR = better

noxybell
07-14-2017, 09:22 AM
3. i dont know if wind have good healer or not, especially SSR ones (maybe in the future?) for now, if i were you i would stick with sol (she has awakening too later)

Wind has a healer SSR hime of Seto. Based on DMM schedule, we will have her after about 11 more months.

sanahtlig
07-14-2017, 09:51 AM
As I recall, Wind more or less needs Oberon for the type A debuffs. Luckily Oberon is an SR and you should get her eventually if you roll enough. Gaia is a great pull but I'm not so sure about Odin.

One of Light's major problems is that it's lacking in debuffs other than ATK down. Diana is more or less required for the type A DEF down skill. It doesn't have type B debuff at all so you'll always need to run Sniper Shot or Mordred. That might not always be an option since encounters (especially Advent Ragnaroks) often require certain skills.

fucka
07-14-2017, 10:14 AM
As I recall, Wind more or less needs Oberon for the type A debuffs. Luckily Oberon is an SR and you should get her eventually if you roll enough. Gaia is a great pull but I'm not so sure about Odin.

One of Light's major problems is that it's lacking in debuffs other than ATK down. Diana is more or less required for the type A DEF down skill. It doesn't have type B debuff at all so you'll always need to run Sniper Shot or Mordred. That might not always be an option since encounters (especially Advent Ragnaroks) often require certain skills.

Which other certain (EX)skills? the useful one except those debuffs is "dispelling", a light team only need sniper shot, as long as u got sol. Actually Light's survivability is best even without the potential of 50%/50% fully maxed debuffs. The only disadvantage is that light kills slowly compared to other glass cannon teams.
The difference between light and some other elements such as Thunder or fire, is that those elements hardly survive without full debuffs on bosses...

Most important thing, Light is the best autoplay and chill element.

sanahtlig
07-14-2017, 10:49 AM
Which other certain (EX)skills?
Damage reduction (Jeanne), overdrive gauge extension (Mordred), and debuff protection (e.g., against Medusa) come to mind. And sometimes you need a combination of these, like Dispel + Overdrive extension.

MrAir
07-14-2017, 11:24 AM
Thank you all. Perhaps I will not hurry, I will slowly collect kamihimes, and depending on them I will choose what to do, well... obvious decesion ^^'

oh, what about d'artanian? I have not worked it out yet, how important is drop in this game? Snatch useful? cuz i already unlocked tier 2 snatch spirit, should i switch to smth what u offered, or continue unlocking to d'artanian? i saw she have few debuffs, mb that is enought сoupled with the ability to snatch. or snatch is just bad?

fucka
07-15-2017, 08:35 AM
Damage reduction (Jeanne), overdrive gauge extension (Mordred), and debuff protection (e.g., against Medusa) come to mind. And sometimes you need a combination of these, like Dispel + Overdrive extension.

there is a reason why sol is godtier SSR, because she can dispel buff on boss, cleanse debuff from own team, heal and Type C -atk, which stacks with A Type, that many SR and R light kamis can provide. That's why, 90% of the Ex-skills isn't as necessary as for all other elements. One single SSR just saves slots for 1-3 SSRs. Even you just use that ridiculous B-debuff from Mordred, u can reach -40% atk easily. Other elements have to combine those Ex-skill and souls for managing it.

Light element only lacks of defense debuff, so that the damage output of light team is limited and the battle takes longer, on the other hand light has the strongest survivability of all elements. All these EX-combination is a case for other elements, not for light, as long as you have sol.

Be honest, who would play main light without sol...

Aidoru
07-15-2017, 08:41 AM
Light main here with 40k atk and still have not gotten Sol, who is the only girl I need. Will get her if we get a pickable SSR ticket for sale but other than that, not relying on random SSR for 50 dollars.

Have not had any major issues with anything so far and they can clear all content. Using Amaterasu in place of Sol til if I ever get her.

fucka
07-15-2017, 10:15 AM
Light main here with 40k atk and still have not gotten Sol, who is the only girl I need. Will get her if we get a pickable SSR ticket for sale but other than that, not relying on random SSR for 50 dollars.

Have not had any major issues with anything so far and they can clear all content. Using Amaterasu in place of Sol til if I ever get her.

I don't think u will be happy with sol only. :D There will be Light Tsukuyomi with light-defense-down (similar to C type) and metatron which works well with micheal for burst style of playing.

sanahtlig
07-15-2017, 10:49 AM
Light element only lacks of defense debuff, so that the damage output of light team is limited and the battle takes longer, on the other hand light has the strongest survivability of all elements. All these EX-combination is a case for other elements, not for light, as long as you have sol.
I use Sol in my main team, and all those EX ability combinations I mentioned were ones I've actually used (or utilized the equivalent effect from a 2nd off-element kamihime).

Light benefits greatly from Amaterasu, who provides the type B debuff Light is missing and generally replaces Belobog. But that also begs the question: why go Light with Amaterasu and no Sol instead of Fire?

As for myself, I went with Water, despite landing the two best Light kamihime currently available (Raphael and Sol), because my team still lacked the necessary debuffs. Providing them would require running Mordred with Ambush for all content, and I prefer the flexibility of Water. I'd consider switching if I had Amaterasu though. The other perk of Water is that over the course of the next 6 weeks it gets access to 3 premium SSRs: Nike Unleashed, Cthulu, and Ryuuou. As such, Water teams have more room to grow, particularly with Miracle tickets. I looked ahead to the upcoming Light kamihime (available before the first Miracle ticket) and wasn't impressed. Light Tsukuyomi in combination with Diana compensates for Light's deficits, but she's not available until the second Miracle ticket (6 months away...)

noxybell
07-15-2017, 11:57 AM
The other perk of Water is that over the course of the next 6 weeks it gets access to 3 premium SSRs: Nike Unleashed, Cthulu, and Ryuuou.

Yes they are powerful, but getting them is another separate issue. Didn't somebody just drop a bunch of saved jewels for Hades and got a butt load of disappointment?

sanahtlig
07-15-2017, 11:58 AM
Yes they are powerful, but getting them is another separate issue. Didn't somebody just drop a bunch of saved jewels for Hades and got a butt load of disappointment?
Miracle tickets.

noxybell
07-15-2017, 11:59 AM
Miracle tickets.

Still that's 2 out 3.

sanahtlig
07-15-2017, 12:03 PM
Assuming you have at least one water SSR (or Sol/Amaterasu), Cthulhu and Ryuuou are more than sufficient to form a team around. And if not, why are you even thinking about a Water team in the first place?

noxybell
07-15-2017, 12:15 PM
Assuming you have at least one water SSR (or Sol/Amaterasu), Cthulu and Ryuuou are more than sufficient to form a team around. And if not, why are you even thinking about a Water team in the first place?

I'm not running water at all, at least currently as the event is light. It's just that with only one water SSR + Cthulhu + Ryuuou, that's still 3 slots short of a perfect team of 6 SSRs. (not to mention if using Sol or Ama then that's elemental disadvantage)

Also, I'm personally interested in schadenfreude-esque tales of people saving tons of jewels for anticipated SSRs and rolled into bankruptcy without commensurate returns.

gottesurteil
07-15-2017, 12:32 PM
So I know about the miracle tickets, but I had originally thought there was only one. Above posts seem to imply there are 2 to be had. How will they be obtainable, and if so, will they be at the same time or spaced out over months?

sanahtlig
07-15-2017, 12:33 PM
I'm not running water at all, at least currently as the event is light. It's just that with only one water SSR + Cthulhu + Ryuuou, that's still 3 slots short of a perfect team of 6 SSRs. (not to mention if using Sol or Ama then that's elemental disadvantage)

Also, I'm personally interested in schadenfreude-esque tales of people saving tons of jewels for anticipated SSRs and rolled into bankruptcy without commensurate returns.
I'm not sure what your point is. I'm talking about how to stack the odds in your favor, utilize limited resources in an optimal manner, and put together a balanced team given a typical set of starting conditions (e.g., one SSR of the element you're interested in). Saving up your Gatcha rolls for a rate up is one way of stacking the odds in your favor, and to do this you have to pick a time point to roll the dice. That means you have to pick an element and you have to pick a kamihime to bet on. If you don't do this you aren't using your jewels effectively.

sanahtlig
07-15-2017, 12:35 PM
So I know about the miracle tickets, but I had originally thought there was only one. Above posts seem to imply there are 2 to be had. How will they be obtainable, and if so, will they be at the same time or spaced out over months?
The first Miracle ticket should go on sale in early November, with the second one available about 3 months later. They're the same price as the SSR kamihime tickets.

noxybell
07-15-2017, 12:50 PM
utilize limited resources in an optimal manner

That's the difference. I will roll and get that SSR I want, miracle ticket or not, jewel or nutaku gold, water or other elements.

Aidoru
07-15-2017, 03:33 PM
But that also begs the question: why go Light with Amaterasu and no Sol instead of Fire?

I started off with focusing on a light team playing the game from early access/launch, I did not reroll even once, just used what I got. I drew Amaterasu much later when my light team was already much stronger than the rest.