PDA

View Full Version : Kamihime Fan Fix

Renari
03-22-2017, 09:17 PM
KamihimeFanFix
A user script designed to allow players to fix mistranslations by Nutaku in Kamihime.

How to install the userscript

This will require you use Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey extensions in your respective browsers. I recommend installing the script from this link
https://kamihimefanfix.github.io/KamihimeFanFix/kamihimefanfix.user.js. If you install it from this link you should be notified if the script gets updated.

How to obtain missing language files

You can obtain files that are not currently in the repo by opening the Chrome dev tools (F12) going to the network tab and then launching the scene that you would like to get the language files for.

For example here is the window after opening Nike's introduction scene.

As you can see there is a file in the list named 41_harem-character, this is the file we are looking for. You can verify you have the right file by right clicking on it and opening it in a new tab. There you should be able to find the text for the first line of the scene.

How to contribute changes

To contribute changes you can create a pull request for this repo. Simply fork this repo make your changes in your own copy and then submit a pull request for review. Once it is accepted it then will be available for anyone using the script.

How to test changes

To test changes you will have to edit a single line of code in your userscript to use your repository instead of this one.

return e.url = 'https://kamihimefanfix.github.io/KamihimeFanFix' + e.url + '.json', e;
Simply replace the url in the above code found in the userscript to point to your fork and be sure to turn on github pages in your repo settings.

sanahtlig
03-22-2017, 10:54 PM
This looks useful. Thanks for making this.

I have some spare time over the next week and a half. I'm willing to fix mistranslations if given the following in a Google document:

The original Japanese lines from a scene with suspected censorship
The English lines for the scene from the Nutaku release, with suspected censorship highlighted

Given this, I'd add my re-translation of the highlighted lines, if they're inaccurate. I'd leave the script dumping from the JP and English version, as well as the insertion of the re-translated text, to others.

Renari
03-23-2017, 12:42 AM
I can throw together a document of some scenes that I know are censored. From what I can tell most of the story stuff is accurate despite the numerous typos. The most commonly mistranslated thing is H scenes, just informing you that you'll more than likely be going through a lot of that. I only know elementary level Japanese so I'd rather set things up for someone else that is more qualified.

sanahtlig
03-23-2017, 08:18 AM
I can throw together a document of some scenes that I know are censored.
I've compiled a list of scenes that others have reported as censored in this post (http://harem-battle.club/kamihime-project/3054-kamihime-project-rape-content-censored-nutaku-release.html#post64750).

Renari
03-23-2017, 02:59 PM
It doesn't appear this is as easy as I'd hoped. I went on DMM attempting to acquire relevant original scenes and it appears the game will refuse to send me the relevant JSON files unless I have the character in question for that scene.

Example output when requesting Phoenix's data:

{"errors":[{"id":"","message":"forbidden","code":"40301","trace":null}]}

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the opening scene for Adele, this is about all I can do for now. There isn't much else I can do about obtaining the original text.

(apparently I still can't post links)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11r1xH98krL-is_pwcfJiQOTOLbGlCYnebTYcLK5ENg0/edit?usp=sharing

sanahtlig
03-23-2017, 03:21 PM
It doesn't appear this is as easy as I'd hoped. I went on DMM attempting to acquire relevant original scenes and it appears the game will refuse to send me the relevant JSON files unless I have the character in question for that scene.

Example output when requesting Phoenix's data:

{"errors":[{"id":"","message":"forbidden","code":"40301","trace":null}]}

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the opening scene for Adele, this is about all I can do for now. There isn't much else I can do about obtaining the original text.

(apparently I still can't post links)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11r1xH98krL-is_pwcfJiQOTOLbGlCYnebTYcLK5ENg0/edit?usp=sharing
Yes, you'll need the cooperation of DMM players. Try the Discord chat (https://discord.gg/7BjHCRG). In the meantime, I'll take a look at Adele's scene if you give me edit privileges. I'll PM you my Google account.

Renari
03-23-2017, 09:59 PM
I added Cybele and Belphegor, to the document. I've only been adding H scenes since the data for them is stored as pure JSON files which makes adding them to a document like this much easier. The scenario files tyranoscript (tyranobuilder.com/tyranoscript-tags-reference).

Belphegor only has her JP text since I do not have her, I'll see if I can find someone that has her to provide her EN script file.

sanahtlig
03-24-2017, 06:34 AM
I've only been adding H scenes since the data for them is stored as pure JSON files which makes adding them to a document like this much easier.
The previous contributor gave me a script file for the story preludes to the H-scenes, which included computer code + the dialogue lines. I edited out the computer code manually, but perhaps with some study the dialogue lines could be extracted using an automated script.

Renari
03-26-2017, 04:19 PM
I was able to edit the JSON import script I was using to parse the scenario data. I added Belphegor's intro scene. The lines don't seem to match up
however.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a bug in the import script that was deleting lines for the harem entries. The ones you already completed I went through and highlighted all of the new lines in blue.

- - - Updated - - -

Adele's intro scene is now corrected, if your using the updated userscript (I've pushed 2 updates fixing issues you should be on 0.3) you should now see these changes..

- - - Updated - - -

sanahtlig, I made two changes to Belphegor's script.

JP:
足が、拘束されて……
ひゃあ、手も縛り付けられてしまっ !
動けないですう!

TLC:
I can’t move my legs…
Erg, my hands are also bound!
I can’t move!

Edit:
I can’t move my legs…
Hyaa, my hands are also bound!
I can’t move!

I don't believe the erg replacement here makes sense, erg sounds more like a grunt but this was supposed to be a scream.

JP:
こら、
いいかげん、やめるです!
おこるですよ!

TLC:
Hey,
stop it!
I’m getting mad!

Edit:
Hey,
that's enough, stop it!
I'm getting mad!

This seems really weird having two lines with so few words on them, I expanded on the second line based on いいかげん to add "that's enough".