PDA

View Full Version : Caution Ahead?

JSmith12
04-03-2017, 09:29 PM
https://www.nutaku.net/blog/announcement-about-game-closures/

The link title says it all. Thankfully Aigis isn't on the list but it is rather worrisome seeing so many games dropped. One of them (X-Overd) just had a partner campaign with FKG as well. I can see though why some were dropped, I am actually surprised Hitsuji lasted so long, but I am just wondering (and worried) if we need to take special care with our own now that this news dropped.

Arkinum
04-03-2017, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't worry about this game closing for a while as enough people are actually spending money on it.

Eab1990
04-03-2017, 10:41 PM
If Aigis was gonna close, it'd have done so half a year ago.

Since Dev Tea finally stepped up and started implementing things that were long overdue, it probably won't be going away anytime soon.

As for other games, FKG and Kamihime have steady playerbases and income as well, while PPS/OI/IW/DP are still sustained by whales. SenPro is probably next on the chopping block.

Koshka
04-03-2017, 11:04 PM
Personally, I don't see reason to worry - all of these games have their reasons to be closed. For me, it's more like a sign of Nutaku staff starting being serious about their job, "cleaning up" in some sence.

Tenhou
04-03-2017, 11:47 PM
All the games apart from X-Overd were already falling apart by themselves. GK was a shitty mess of broken code, Hitsuji was doomed since forever, AS was doomed since forever and the rest were doomed too. Too few players played and paid in those games and the biggest reason they kept going so long was because nutaku took over development and kept pushing for the survival of the games.

X-Overd i do not know, but i have heard stuff like it being too f2p friendly so no one paid any money. Someone did ask nutaku why it was shut down on faesbuk and they replied that the dev had decided they did not want their game on their platform anymore.

Eab1990
04-04-2017, 01:49 AM
SuperHippo did drop the ball on X-Overd, but it's not like it couldn't have been salvaged, unlike SenPro.

Missing stories and shaky event schedule at the start could've easily been remedied if they actually put more effort towards it. Kinda like how FKG still needs to add more character quests.

The rankings were easily ignored and were mostly bragging rights (though I've heard such-and-such about Nutaku/SuperHippo pocketing the profits of those, which X-O devs didn't like, or something).

Otherwise, the main story content and new characters were actually being added fairly regularly. There wasn't a serious problem in the stuff-to-do department, just that a lot of it was watered down, whether out of laziness or low priority to translate. But that's no reason to can the game before a year, especially compared to the other games on the list.

Unregistered
04-04-2017, 05:16 AM
Aigis isn't going to be cancelled anytime soon by the JP devs, it's one of their biggest earners.

AgentFakku
04-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Aigis players don't get compensation lol

Tenhou
04-04-2017, 11:56 AM
That's because this game is being developed by the original japanese aigis devs. The games that you get compensation in are all run by nutaku selected devs.

JSmith12
04-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Thanks to everyone for their input. As everyone has said I can see why some were dropped but seeing X-Overd dropping raised a red flag for me as I thought it was doing very well.

As for Sengoku Providence, I can't really say. It's like a cross between FKG and Kamihime and I stopped playing it because it wasn't really friendly towards free-to-play players. But it seems to be doing relatively well as it has a constant stream of events and seems rather active.

Xastor
04-04-2017, 02:31 PM
I only played a few of the games list, but i try to share my experience and thoughts why the games will be vanished (forever?).

•Kanpani Girls:

Never played. Maybe cuz i hadnt the time to test it.

•Shooting Girls:

Lol now its a bit of embarassing cuz i didnt notice there was a game like this. :/

•Quiz of Valkyrie:

I have this game. To be honest, i was really warm with this game cuz those quizes was smtimes a mess up for me, so smtimes i had problems to figure out what i have to do. I think the idea of this game isnt bad at all, but my guess some things was to confussing for some ppl that they forgot this game over the time.

•Angelic Saga:

Before i played Millennium War Aigis i started Angelic Saga. I had a lot of fun. The events are good, the story isnt bad at all, easy farming (for me) but i think i know why ppl went over the time and wont pay anymore. The problem is that "Online-Torunament" meanings play against other players. I played a few times against other players and i noticed 2 things: One is the players itself. There was some players who cashed a lot to made the "perfect" decks to beat everybody in a few rounds. So there wasnt to much fun at all. the other thing is, smtimes you will kicked automatically from a match. I cant say if it the connection or the game freezes. However i enjoyed this game a lot and collect a lot of cards. Would be sad if it must go. If they would updating the game, im sure many players would come back.

•Hitsuji Chronicle

Never played before. I would but i kinda forgot :O

•Omega Zodiac (already discontinued)

Never played before.

•DDTank 3

Never heard of.

•Hellfire Girls

I played both versions. I played the asian version more than the us version. Of course the asian vers has to much censorship but there was interessting girls :D However both games are identically the same and i was bored cuz the events wasnt so good. The pics and so are interessting but the game itself was so boring :D

•Girls Kingdom

I also have this game. I had a lot of problems in this game cuz i had to figure out how to play exactly and i failed way to often. The chars looking good, but that building things was a mess up for me. Smtimes it was to much chaos that i didnt know what to do next etc.

•X-overd

I have this game, but i was always to lazy to play. Evene the girls looks interesting. But i cant say why this game must go.

Nero010
04-04-2017, 03:49 PM
I wouldnt worry. I can see why the devs of those games want to take thier games down from Nutaku. Nutaku devs took over most of them long ago already trying to rescue them and it keept them alive until now. Aigis is a whole different story though. Theres no sign at all DMM is interested in giving up the English market. And even if. If you ask me Nutaku devs are just waiting and craving to take over the game themselfs (like they already wanted to do cause DMM couldnt move thier ass). Aigis is a long term thing on Nutaku and it will keep being one.

Ramazan
04-07-2017, 04:57 AM
Here's staff picks:
1-Fkg (obviously)
2-Kh
thats all.
Which means any game other than above 2 has no guaranteed future.

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 05:08 AM
So much for MWA sticking around.

1Playa
11-01-2017, 12:56 AM
So much for MWA sticking around.

In the immortal words.... "doh!!!"