PDA

View Full Version : Water eidolon friend thread

VortexMagus
04-14-2017, 09:45 AM
After the Jorm event, my water team is head and shoulders above ALL my other teams and I'm probably gonna start using it over any other eidolon now. Looking for active friends that will also use mostly Jormungand or Garuda, as my friends list is filled with people who only pop Jorm occasionally.

Friend ID: 276427

sanahtlig
04-14-2017, 09:48 AM
You can add me. Max limit-breaked Garuda and Jormugand. I'll be alternating between them likely.
Friend ID: 6655639

Disclosure to those interested: I have a pretty well-stacked friends list and I cull it regularly, so if you use off-element or weak (water < +35%) eidolons you'll probably get ignored or culled in short order.

pincolino
04-14-2017, 11:37 AM
I am new to this game and have two simple questions.

(1) What happens that you have a friend list with only one friend who has the eldolon you need? Does he always pop up in the first place?

(2) So the water element is so strong that it overrides element circling picture, or this only happens to few players who has luckier draws?

VortexMagus
04-14-2017, 11:48 AM
I am new to this game and have two simple questions.

(1) What happens that you have a friend list with only one friend who has the eldolon you need? Does he always pop up in the first place?

(2) So the water element is so strong that it overrides element circling picture, or this only happens to few players who has luckier draws?

1) As far as I can tell, friends disappear from your friends list after you use them, and reappear after they login and do some activity. So if you have one friend in your entire list, it will disappear after you use him and you'll be forced to bring in non-friends. Leader auras do not work with non-friends so this will decrease your power significantly. Feel free to correct me if anyone has more specific details.

2) No, my water element team in particular is stronger than all my other teams, so I am seeking people with water element eidolon leaders to boost that team. This is because I drew into multiple water SRs and Shiva, AND I have a maxed out water element assault weapon from the past event. If you did not draw into a lot of good water element kamihimes then you probably should not build a water team or use Jorm/Garuda as your leader. The correct build for you is probably going to be different.

CBW
04-14-2017, 12:39 PM
The only difference I have seen between friends and non-friends is that you do not get to use a non-friend eidolon attack immediately.

jazz154
04-14-2017, 01:09 PM
The only difference I have seen between friends and non-friends is that you do not get to use a non-friend eidolon attack immediately.

That and eidolon aura's don't work if they are not your friends, or at least it says so when you can select supporting eidolon.

My Id: 65035
I will be using mainly Fafnir, although might alter it between max lb garuda and max lb Jormungandr.

Edit: Or Maybe I was wrong about eidolons auras... I could have sworn that it said so before.

Soupaman
04-14-2017, 01:09 PM
8064531 going water as well IGN: soupaman

sanahtlig
04-14-2017, 01:17 PM
It relates to team composition and assault skill stacking. Once you have five same-element team members and around +40% assault skill modifier, neutral-element damage with your favored element outpaces the opposite element buff. In addition, your primary team will generally be better balanced (e.g., healing, debuffs) than an improvised opposite-element team.

You can check my DMG multiplier calculator (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PhfOAQk6EyK5l33ux_C4T-cexVIQp6D-_Hbd-OO1OmQ/edit#gid=848984711) (eidolon buff comparisons tab) to run the numbers on your own team.

CBW
04-14-2017, 03:02 PM
It relates to team composition and assault skill stacking. Once you have five same-element team members and around +40% assault skill modifier, neutral-element damage with your favored element outpaces the opposite element buff. In addition, your primary team will generally be better balanced (e.g., healing, debuffs) than an improvised opposite-element team.

You can check my DMG multiplier calculator (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PhfOAQk6EyK5l33ux_C4T-cexVIQp6D-_Hbd-OO1OmQ/edit#gid=848984711) (eidolon buff comparisons tab) to run the numbers on your own team.
I'm intrigued. I cant see formulas on the spreadsheet, but clarifying question.

40% skill x 5 neutral element > 0%(?) skill x 5(?) strong element

Assuming that I filled in the blanks correct, how does it work out for this scenario:

__% skill x 5 neutral element > 20% skill x 4 strong element (This feels like what average players will aim for without rerolling)

If these two factors are multiplicative, I feel it should be something like (1.4)^(4/5)*(1.0)^(1/5)*1.2 = 57-ish%. It takes a similar amount of work to go from 40% to 60% in one element as it does to go from 0% to 20% in all elements.

sanahtlig
04-14-2017, 03:59 PM
I'm intrigued. I cant see formulas on the spreadsheet, but clarifying question.

You should be able to see all the formulas. I can see them as an unregistered user. If you want to see highlighted cells and change the grey-boxed values, you'll need to download the spreadsheet.

Your question isn't comparing apples and oranges because you'd need a fully-leveled set of weapons of the off-element for the comparison. In general, your focus element will have the highest level weapons and thus the highest base attack power. My spreadsheet just tells you damage modifiers and assumes the base attack power between each comparison is the same (that you're using the same weapon grid in each case). It's possible to do a comparison with different base attack values, but it'd add complexity to the calculations.

- - - Updated - - -

I added a base attack value factor to the comparison. You can input the average attack values of the 5 members into the grey boxes for each team and explore the simulated differences in damage between different weapon grids.

vysethevaliant
04-19-2017, 01:20 AM
I'm looking for more water leads, as well.

I have a fully LB'd Jormungand (Level 80), as well as an LB2 Garuda (Level 70). I'm leading with an LB1 Behemoth now though (Wind/Light/Water ATK +35%), for the event, since her summon ability can cleanse.

Feel free to add me! I've already sent a request to everyone who posted their ID in this thread.

My ID: 6577565