PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Souls up and Medusa: No... Just. Fucking. No.

OtherGuy02
04-18-2017, 08:48 PM
2 new interesting looking souls have just opened up and they finally use bows (still nothing on arcane side). They seem fun though no epic version yet (not that I have the sp to get that one with all the others but Mordred still to unlock). Bit of a cross breed between having hp and all out attack but at the cost of removing all the buffs on your character using their unique skill.

As for Medusa well lets put it like this. You either have the right party and a lot of luck to be able to do it or its a complete waste of time, ap and an unnecessary amount of stress.
Amon's ability is a perfect counter to Medusa but as its heavily likely you get only one use out of it before either she, your team or Amon are dead all it comes down to is luck. Luck that Medusa doesn't just immediately follow up with it again or luck that if she does its doesn't effect 3 or 4 of your 5 man group before bursting / getting her to stun status and guaranteeing you wipe as she AoE poisons or ultimate skill's you.

Having to win due luck should not be a part of a boss battle, it should never be a part of boss battle.

sanahtlig
04-18-2017, 08:55 PM
If you're relying on luck you're doing it wrong. The fight can be beaten with a combination of overwhelming attack power and status affliction guards. You should be able to get two uses of Amon's skill, especially in Ultimate. That's enough to Full Burst at the start of the fight, use skills to reduce the Rage meter to 0 in the next turn, and then pound on Medusa until stun breaks, at which point she should be nearly dead--all while guaranteeing that Petrify never lands. If your attack power isn't sufficient, then try the next difficulty down. As long as you can at least do Standard, you can get something useful from this event.

Unregistered
04-18-2017, 09:37 PM
medusa can really fuck your strategy with any girl because she REALLY like span her petrified bullshit
So any soul will get recked without luck
the only way reliable to beat her is with raw stats but no anybody own party of atk 35-40k to easily change her mode of raging to stun in each turn without skill
i can beat expert mode with luck, 27k atk thunder/light <,< but i lose sometimes because my andromeda or idra or nike get petrified again and again..... it over if she enter in rage and u donĀ“t have any eidolon or hime to cure it

sanahtlig
04-18-2017, 09:42 PM
the only way reliable to beat her is with raw stats but no anybody own party of atk 35-40k to easily change her mode of raging to stun in each turn without skill
I did it just fine with 30k attack and 10% light assault skill (from the Phoenix SSR bow and one of the light weapons from the last event). And that was Ultimate, not Expert. Dead in literally 2 rounds.

CBW
04-18-2017, 11:09 PM
Also undefeated in Ultimate (my loss was in Expert), but never in less than 8 rounds.

1) Full burst, down 35-40% depending on how well debuffs land
2-3) Slowly chipping down to stun
4-5) Stunned
6-8) Finish

2 Rounds stunned, 2 rounds overdrive, and there is no attack on the last turn, leaving up to 3 rounds to use petrify or poison. The first debuff is always countered by Amon, the first death is always resurrected by Andromeda. That leaves at most 2 rounds to deal with extra petrify. Poison can be countered with regen.

OtherGuy02
04-18-2017, 11:41 PM
Having tried both Expert and Ultimate now I had the same as CBW. On Expert she was just destroying me with garbage petrify spamming but in Ultimate thanks to the trash mob placement I always get the Medusa with full gauge and all my buffs ready to use, dropping her to like 40% straight away then using abilities to burn her into to stun and that was with my levelling up party by accident as I was doing raids for limit break materials while leveling up non-maxed kamihime and the new souls.

Maybe the problem isn't I'm not powerful enough to do Expert but in fact too powerful (but not enough to just auto-attack through trash) that I burn through the trash too easily that I hit Medusa with only 40%-50% gauge with no abilities ready and petrify just ruins me. Could try not using abilities but then damage builds up too quick and Expert never seem to drop healing items very much.

dreadpin
04-19-2017, 01:05 AM

am i the only one 25k atk 10/10 ultimate medusa?~ seems a lot struggling in expert :3

BamBam
04-19-2017, 01:28 AM
As stated above, the problem with expert is that most people does not have michael to build up burst fast enough. This translate into several turns of aa with the boss to build up the rage. Boss can chain cc pretty conveniently and as a result, the tun turns out to be very risky

The minions in expert are pretty weak compared to the last event so the burst build up is quite safe.

dreadpin
04-19-2017, 01:46 AM
btw... only 2 new souls... where's the legend? when will release?

Losticus
04-19-2017, 02:27 AM
I'm at 27k attack fire team and I full burst medusa from 75% to dead if my debuffs land. Get her to rage in first turn then full burst her out of it/kill her.

Yuki
04-19-2017, 02:40 AM
I'm at 27k attack fire team and I full burst medusa from 75% to dead if my debuffs land. Get her to rage in first turn then full burst her out of it/kill her.

I run something pretty close 26k atk with andromeda and ifrit and pretty much can do expert and ultimate without a single unit dying but I feel like this event is just to time consuming instead of actually being hard :rolleyes:

Inb4whales
04-19-2017, 03:09 AM
My question is why is a light team having elemental defensive advantage in Medusa?
Shouldn't Light and Dark be elementally strong offensively and weak defensively against each other?

All I see is that Medusa dealing way more damage to my Amon than to any of the other light elements.

Also the thing that annoys me often is why does Medusa (and I noticed with Jormun as well) immediately gain an orb just after using an overdrive during rage mode?
That pretty much makes all of their overdrives into a once every 2 turn or 3 turn AoE bashing instead of having the original.

Unregistered
04-19-2017, 03:33 AM
My question is why is a light team having elemental defensive advantage in Medusa?
Shouldn't Light and Dark be elementally strong offensively and weak defensively against each other?

Your team always has the advantage when it comes to light & dark. When you have light > dark, when you have dark > light.