PDA

View Full Version : Holy Grail Question

CBW
04-24-2017, 02:47 PM
Someone probably already has translated or tested this item. Is it any good? The "Weapon Skill up(++)" is itself a skill, so I assume it also gets better with skill ups. Get multiples? Skill them all up? Free skillups on everything else?

Madman's dream? You tell me! :cool:

jazz154
04-24-2017, 02:51 PM
Somewhere from faq thread:

UPGRADING SR SKILL LV

1 to 2 - 1x R
2 to 3 - 2x R
3 to 4 - 3x R
4 to 5 - 4x R OR 1x SRs2
5 to 6 - 5x R OR 1x SRs2
6 to 7 - 1x SRs2
7 to 8 - 1x SRs2
8 to 9 - 1x SRs2 + 1x R
9 to 10 - 1x SRs3
10 to 11 - 1x SRs3
11 to 12 - 1x SRs4
12 to 13 - 1x SRs4
13 to 14 - 1x SRs4
14 to 15 - 1x SRs4
15 to 16 - 1x SRs4 + 1x R OR 1x SRGrails3
16 to 17 - 1x SRs4 + 2x R OR 1x SRGrails3 + 1x R
17 to 18 - 1x SRs4 + 3x R OR 1x SRGrails3 + 2x R
18 to 19 - 1x SRGrails4
19 to 20 - 1x SRGrails4

In other words grail is skill fodder, quite potent.

CBW
04-24-2017, 02:57 PM
I believe you are talking about the purchased items. I'm talking about the SSR exchange weapon "Created Holy Grail Demiurge," obtained by 1 Draconic Eye. Definitely not skill fodder!

Edit to add... I sure HOPE its not fodder after 10 weeks of work!

Yolodesu
04-24-2017, 03:05 PM
I believe you are talking about the purchased items. I'm talking about the SSR exchange weapon "Created Holy Grail Demiurge," obtained by 1 Draconic Eye. Definitely not skill fodder!

Edit to add... I sure HOPE its not fodder after 10 weeks of work!

Its not intended to be used as a weapon, it just increase weapon's skill when you use it during enhancement.
Do not buy it with draconic eyes, not worth it.
Note that, according to japan wiki, we will gain R (http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E9%AD%94%E5%B0%8E%E8%81%96%E6%9D%AF) and SR (http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E5%81%BD%E8%81%96%E6%9D%AF%E3%83%A4%E3% 83%AB%E3%83%80%E3%83%90%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88 ) grail during event in the future.

KokoHarts
04-24-2017, 06:05 PM
Although dragons eye is a difficult item to obtain, from the devs perspective its less of a "ultimate item that will take you months to collect" and more of a "better luck next time! item in case you get an SSR you already had" In any case, spending them in grails sounds like a smart decision for most people since the only other thing you can get is a guranteed SR (which lets be honest, will probably suck) or an SSR (which takes 10 so by that point you ve either played forever and you dont need to get your weapon lv up because you ve spent so much that you re getting copies of SSRs you already have by the dozens).

jazz154
04-24-2017, 06:27 PM
Although dragons eye is a difficult item to obtain, from the devs perspective its less of a "ultimate item that will take you months to collect" and more of a "better luck next time! item in case you get an SSR you already had" In any case, spending them in grails sounds like a smart decision for most people since the only other thing you can get is a guranteed SR (which lets be honest, will probably suck) or an SSR (which takes 10 so by that point you ve either played forever and you dont need to get your weapon lv up because you ve spent so much that you re getting copies of SSRs you already have by the dozens).

The thing is that grail will only raise skill lvl by one, if I am not wrong. So it's worthless. Hell, you will be even better of getting another copy of SR that you already have from SR or higher ticket.

Yolodesu
04-24-2017, 06:48 PM
spending them in grails sounds like a smart decision for most people

Its not.
-You'll gain some skill enhancement material from event (seems to come with Ixion event in ~1 month)
-You'll also gain draconic shard from event (seems to come with Matisma(?) event in ~4 month, 2 shards per event)
-2 eyes ticket is SR or higher kamihime weapon, which means that you can in theory get a SSR with it, and no Eidolon or crappy weapon, only kamihime (ssr ticket isnt kamihime guaranteed though)

Enhancement material and draconic shard seems to be related to Ragnarok difficulty. Info comes from japan wiki and are a bit blurry sometimes (mainly because of original vs reprint version of event), so please take it cautiously.

sanahtlig
04-24-2017, 07:53 PM
The first clear of each Ragnarok Advent Battle will award 1/3 of a Draconic shard, looks like. A few months down the road, a draconic shard will also be awarded for completing an Advent Battle Challenge Mission: Clear Ultimate Difficulty with a party of all R kamihime (once per event). That means you can earn an extra 1.3 or so shards per month through Advent Battles, on top of the 1 a week you can get from Weekly Missions. You can also get 2 per Union event as top-tier rewards. That's a total of 7.3 possible per month, or about 14 months to get a guaranteed SSR.

It's unclear whether even JP players have been able to get their first SSR from Draconic Shards yet...

Yolodesu
04-24-2017, 08:20 PM
The first clear of each Ragnarok Advent Battle will award 1/3 of a Draconic shard, looks like. A few months down the road, a draconic shard will also be awarded for completing an Advent Battle Challenge Mission: Clear Ultimate Difficulty with a party of all R kamihime (once per event). That means you can earn an extra 1.3 or so shards per month through Advent Battles, on top of the 1 a week you can get from Weekly Missions. You can also get 2 per Union event as top-tier rewards. That's a total of 7.3 possible per month, or about 14 months to get a guaranteed SSR kamihime.

It's unclear whether even JP players have been able to get their first SSR kamihime from Draconic Shards yet...

Thx for the info. Honestly i don't know which one is better between those 2 tickets. If you get a weapon or even an eidolon from ssr ticket you're a bit screwed. On the other side, for the same price you can have 5 kamihime, with a small chance of getting a ssr.
I don't think i'll be patient enough to wait for ssr ticket anyway. I'll wait for Dianne / Metatron release, and see how many eyes i have until then.

sanahtlig
04-24-2017, 09:16 PM
Thx for the info. Honestly i don't know which one is better between those 2 tickets. If you get a weapon or even an eidolon from ssr ticket you're a bit screwed. On the other side, for the same price you can have 5 kamihime, with a small chance of getting a ssr.
I don't think i'll be patient enough to wait for ssr ticket anyway. I'll wait for Dianne / Metatron release, and see how many eyes i have until then.
I have data on the category rate of pulling kamihime at each rarity tier. For SSR, it's near 50%. It's not bad. Compare that to the 3% * 5 chance of pulling a SSR kamihime from an equivalent worth of SR+ kamihime tickets. It comes down to whether you want the SR kamihime or not. Keep in mind that SR+ kamihime tickets are in the Advent Battle event shop later on (1 per event), so you're going to accumulate them anyway.

Unregistered
04-25-2017, 04:11 PM
The SSR grail is a TERRIBLE usage of the draconic eye shards. Why? Because its effect can be replicated in, frankly, far far easier ways without the associated opportunity cost.

Consider this, the most 'points' you'll ever need to guarantee a skill level up is 380 (when you try to get an SSR weapon's skill from lv 19 to 20, which is the level cap).
An SR weapon (not even the SR grail, but any leftover SR weapon from disaster raids or from the gacha in a raid event) contributes 35 'points' per skill level. So a trash SR with defender that you just picked up already starts at 35 points, or ~1/11th of the way to guarantee getting an SSR from 19 to 20.
Now take that random SR and feed it a single trash R weapon that you pulled from the gem gacha. Its skill is now lv 2, which means that it'd contribute 70 'points'. (R weapons contribute 10 times their skill level)
Then, to get that SR from lv 2 to lv 3, you need 20 points for 100% rate, which is two more R's. That'll get the SR to go from contributing 70 to contributing 105.
Or, just keep getting more unwanted SR weapons and toss them a random R to get them to lv 2.
Get 5 random SR weapons at skill level 2, then either 1 more SR weapon at skill level 1 or 3 more random R's to get to 380 points.

And that's not even taking into account grails. SR grails contribute 50 x level.

At the end of the day, whichever combination of SR weapons/grails you use to get to 380 points should take less than 10 weeks to acquire, AND it'll not cost a resource that could instead be used for the SR+ kamihime weapon or SSR ticket.
I prefer to avoid calling something outright bad as long as there are situations favourable to it, but this is one of those things for which there are no rational arguments in favour of.