PDA

View Full Version : Does snatch actually work?

Unregistered
05-03-2017, 11:19 PM
And if so, how? Like does it increase the rarity of the items that drop or the amount? after using 2nd and then 3rd i really havent noticed any difference, but it might just be my luck. What do you guys think?

Naruhodo
05-04-2017, 01:59 AM
I think it does, running 2 account which one didn't use snatch at all on soul's EX skill and the other use snatch+anzu eidolon. the result is pretty obvious during Medusa event. The one without snatch are having a rough time collecting eyeballs :(

and you have to stack snatch skills, I usually kill the boss until 6 or more snatch applied.

sanahtlig
05-04-2017, 08:42 AM
And if so, how? Like does it increase the rarity of the items that drop or the amount? after using 2nd and then 3rd i really havent noticed any difference, but it might just be my luck. What do you guys think?
I have some data in my spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PhfOAQk6EyK5l33ux_C4T-cexVIQp6D-_Hbd-OO1OmQ/edit#gid=1844069485) you can take a look at and judge for yourself. It includes statistical testing.

Unregistered
05-04-2017, 02:17 PM
After some runs i have two theories: 1. what happens is that snatch prioritizes "upgrades" bronze into silver and silver into bronze, so it wont exactly make you ultra rich. 2. The snatch adds extra "reward slots" and randomly adds bronze silver or gold. I cant prove it though since its just based on some observation.

sanahtlig
05-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Snatch increases the total number of drops in a non-specific manner. That would be the most straightforward implementation, and it's consistent with my pilot data. Maybe if there's an Ultimate Advent I can clear with auto-battle, I'll gather more data at some point.

In the meantime, those with Snatch should auto-battle Expert Dailies and gather data on Fang drop rates.

jazz154
05-04-2017, 08:23 PM
It... probably works, but I find it not worth time to apply it for the increase it offers.

Unregistered
05-04-2017, 09:57 PM
Agreed, for the people who consider themselves strong enough to deal with whatever stages they preffer to do snatch is a good tool id imagine. But for some of us who arent as strong (me included) it really isnt worth it to take the spot that a defense down or a support skill could take.

jazz154
05-04-2017, 11:28 PM
I meant more in terms: If I can run 3 times without snatch compared to 2 times if I try apply snatch to 9 in the same amount of time... I will go with 3 runs instead of 2 with snatch.

Unregistered
05-16-2017, 12:46 PM
nice to have but no need.