PDA

View Full Version : Sooo Awkward team question

KokoHarts
05-07-2017, 01:02 PM
So my team is fire based, mainly because i have 6 good atk buffs from the weapon skills and because in general i can combine a buff to fire atk (ignis) with an atk buff (brynhildr) with typhon (atk buff) with rampage (belz) to deal insane amounts of damage... for 3 turns. Im not complaining about my team, i love my burst potential. But the problem is that despite maxing out an attempt at a water based team that included Shiva, i dealt LESS damage to the raid fire boss than with my fire team. Same thing with the water boss, despite expecting the fire team to deal less damage than the water team it consistently did better in damage, it survived with much more ease and it made me wonder if im "stuck" with it during the next water event. What do you guys think? Should i keep working on my water team or give up and just accept the fire one?

sanahtlig
05-07-2017, 01:32 PM
The main sources of sustained damage in this game are assault skill, eidolon passive buffs, defense down debuffs, and elemental advantage. Ideally, you want to leverage at least 3/4 of those. Attack buffs are not only transient, but they're additive with assault skill and therefore their effectiveness doesn't scale well into late game.

The main problem with elemental disadvantage is that it multiplies damage on your team, which is deadly in Ultimate difficulty and higher. Typically you don't want to deal with elemental disadvantage, no matter how strong your main team is.

fucka
05-08-2017, 08:56 AM
This game is called project of debuffs...

That's why, (light) sol, (fire) ama, (dark) amon, (water)Cthulhu+dragon king are so important for endgame.

I donno whether the english version fixes it or not. It was possible to reduce boss attack over 100%, so that the boss didn't deal dmg, instead it heals with its attack. That's the reason why sol was godlike.

right now max. 50% attack down and 50% defense down. sol is still good but not that broken.

If u are aiming for endgame content, solo v70 boss etc. U should start with an account possessing one of those chars at least. amon, sol and ama.