PDA

View Full Version : New TP ranking and why it's bad.

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 09:13 AM
So, the new ally list came up today, and it's rightly caused an uproar.

Even ignoring how similar games that catered to whales ended up closing down, even as they were still getting other content (X-Overd being the biggest offender), there are plenty of reasons as to why introducing competition is bad for FKG.

The main issue to deal with is that, by introducing competition into FKG, it no longer becomes the casual waifu-collecting game it's become.

Remember the Xmas ticket fiasco? If you got a gold or a dupe rainbow, and the other guy got a new rainbow, that didn't really affect you vs. the rest of the community. All it meant was that you lost a ~50% roll, and the other person didn't. It sucks, but it's not like you were actively competing with the other person for that waifu.

Now? You have to contend with:

-"I got a rainbow! Oh, but it's just Helenium. Hey, that other person got a rainbow. It's his third Dendrobium. Well, fuck me, I'm never beating that guy now."
-"I put ampies into a 4* or lower girl because she was my waifu. Huh, that doesn't make a difference for my TP? Well, shit, that's 300 ampies down the drain."
-"Stupid people nuking raid bosses. I need equipment seeds to get +10 everything and max out all my units!"

Oh wait, that last one sorta already happens.

Either way, you get the idea. We go from a simple waifu-collection game to an arms race of +10/level 40 4-slot equip Dendrobiums (or Peach, if you want to fall back on golds disguised as rainbows).

Okay, fine, we don't actually know how this ranking system will play out. But there's definitely still cause for concern, especially if it turns out to be a reason for the game's sudden closure.

skasio
05-23-2017, 09:55 AM
New ranking looks like Excel spreadsheet. Shit, compared to old one (IMO).
I won't say anything about global ranking, since it's not even in game yet. It might only affect whales, it might drive everyone away from the game. Only time will tell. But knowing Nutaku, and knowing it's their idea... Right now I'm really considering giving DMM a try. Just in case.

A Time to Screw
05-23-2017, 10:30 AM
And so the beginning of the end.

I was wondering when Nutaku would take their customization and tweaks too far, and it looks like it has begun.

Anyways, later down DMM update line, the TP display was tweaked to include ampies and equipment, so that even public helper squads would visually reflect their true strength.
Food for thought.

twilightdream
05-23-2017, 10:55 AM
If Nutaku FKGs may die, it will die because the lack of free thing-support.

Dying of this game is nigh, if those dev still try to make this game into a Pay2Win game.

A Time to Screw
05-23-2017, 11:00 AM
You think this will kill FKG?
Well not instantly, but it's a creeping disease.

Creeping changes like this are red alerts for me. I've seen it happen time and time again to games that enjoyed healthy popularity. It usually marks its decline, or at least its deviation from the game it once was, and potentially alienates newer players from ever giving the game a try.

They say it's small changes that won't affect anything. But what people don't realize is that small changes like these is what incentivizes further, more drastic changes.

It started with things like the overpriced flower gem shops to buy ampies and even Rainbow Skill/Dressblooms, apparently more options for the whales without effecting the casual players?
Then they built a custom UI that deviated drastically from the DMM UI. At first I didn't know why, maybe they were bored?
But it's obvious now, it's framework for them to add further Nutaku customization. As evident with the Nutaku "Rankings" feature.

The mods on discord claim that players will simply earn rewards based on their own TP and will not be compared to their friends, therefore people will technically lose nothing and get freebies only from it. But then what's that "Global Rankings" button greyed out and peeking to the right of that menu? What reason would we have to plan to implement a Global Ranking feature that even DMM does not deem necessary to have?

It's clear they're pushing for a more "competitive" atmosphere with easier and clearer ways to not only compare each other to friends, but to the entire server as a whole. This is a thin line, because if they aren't careful they may alienate/intimidate/frustrate newer players.
They claim that this won't make the game p2w for now, but Nutaku's history of poor management makes me very cautious and critical of their every decision.

What's to say they won't implement rewards for Global Rankings next? What other reason do they otherwise to include this feature? Kindness of their heart? Nah.
Every decision Nutaku makes is for profit. The overpriced custom flower gem shop was so they could make more money from those willing to shell out the dosh. Their multitude of weekly deals (whether cheap or overpriced) serves to make them more money. And now this custom UI and reward based ranking system is surely for the same reason, to make more money.

Also, remember that shitstorm that was the free [50% Gold Knight, 50% Rainbow Knight] ticket that was givem during christmas. Remember the amount of salt that people had from drawing a gold knight while people around them drew rainbow knights? Even though the ticket was given for free no strings attached?
Doesn't matter if it's freebies with nothing to lose or not. It's a matter of player satisfaction. A lot of players will find competition and will compare themselves harshly to other players whenever they can.
What if super good ranking rewards were only available monthly to players above 500k TP? For example, every month as a player with over 500k TP, you get a Free Premium Draw ticket, or a Rainbow Skillbloom? While players under 500k TP get...iono, 1 flower gem monthly?
It'd leave a bad taste in people's mouths, and would be a clear indication of Nutaku further pandering to whales. Causing furhter frustration ontop of the already existing frustration of inherent to Gacha games, as well as the issue people take comparing Nutaku to DMM, whom give out more monthly freebies than Nutaku.

And while I don't wanna bring up the fact that DMM gives out more freebies than Nutaku as that's more of a size-of-playerbase thing than it is an act of kindness on their part, freebies given out on DMM are still given to every single player, whether you are a whale or a newbie.
Comparatively, freebies from this ranking system on Nutaku will be on a player-by-player Total Power basis, where only the whales will get the best rewards while casuals get less.

A better system would be that freebie rewards become more lucrative depending on the total power of the entire playerbase, and everyone gets the rewards, so that everyone would benefit equally. But that's just a pipe dream because that doesn't make as much potential profit.

Unregistered
05-23-2017, 11:13 AM
Guess I can't really speak to whether this will "kill" FKG, as I don't really spend money on it, so it's not like my playing habits have any bearing on its existence, but... I dunno, I just don't understand how a ranking (and nothing else) can make people quit.

Perhaps if there was some form of PvP in FKG. That I would understand. I've seen people quit games when they finally realize that - no matter what they do - they could not advance any further, whether by RNG or skill or whatever. They got their enjoyment, their rush, out of winning and improving; take that away and they leave. So shoving in their faces a whole bunch of people who are demonstrably "better" than them, and give them no (reliable) way of attempting to "beat" them, is gonna push them away.

But in a PvE-only game, where the only real "competition" between players is a glorified high score table... I dunno. The exact same waifu-collectathon is there as before, and the exact same dick-waving contest is there as before; the only real difference is now there's a billboard somewhere saying who has the largest dick in the world, as opposed to just your own group of friends.

I dunno. I just don't get it, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

DMM does have a level cap. It's just that it's 250 and there's no real incentive to get there, so nobody tries to reach it except as a challenge.

Anyway, the awfulness of this new ranking system will depend entirely on whether non-whale players are paywalled from getting appreciable rewards. If that is the case, then you have a very good argument for heading to DMM, if you didn't already.

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 11:15 AM
It started with things like the overpriced flower gem shops to buy ampies and even Rainbow Skill/Dressblooms, apparently more options for the whales without effecting the casual players?

I won't disagree with anything else in that post, and while it is a crime that those overpriced ampies still exist, the 50 FGs for rainbow dressbloom is technically a good Nutaku deal for free and paying players alike.

Anyway, what irks me the most is the damage control (or pretending that there is no damage to control) on Discord.

There's obvious reason to be concerned about adding P2W (actual P2W this time, btw, not the pay-to-waifu I was praising this game for six months ago), and for Discord chat to shut down dissent is really appalling.

Guess I can't really speak to whether this will "kill" FKG, as I don't really spend money on it, so it's not like my playing habits have any bearing on its existence, but... I dunno, I just don't understand how a ranking (and nothing else) can make people quit.

The main concern as to whether or not this will kill FKG is if this is repeating what X-Overd did to suddenly die. Bear in mind X-Overd is also another PvE-only game, and that didn't change anything.

X-Overd was getting steady content updates, even if the population was low, and while DMM players didn't appreciate how whale-centric the events became, it was pulling in income all the same. For the game to suddenly pull the plug despite all that set a red flag for people, and now we're seeing the start of something similar happening here.

A Time to Screw
05-23-2017, 11:27 AM
But in a PvE-only game, where the only real "competition" between players is a glorified high score table... I dunno. The exact same waifu-collectathon is there as before, and the exact same dick-waving contest is there as before; the only real difference is now there's a billboard somewhere saying who has the largest dick in the world, as opposed to just your own group of friends.

I dunno. I just don't get it, I guess.

The difference is that there are now rewards tied to dick waving. If you thought whales were obnoxious before, oh boy.

Again, I refer to that shitstorm that was the free [50% Gold Knight, 50% Rainbow Knight] ticket that was givem during Christmas, along with the amount of pissed off players and headaches caused in discord.
It depends on how thick each player's skin is, but chances are most people will be discouraged by the fact that whales reap more benefits than casuals. You could try to justify it by saying that whales "deserve more rewards" (as if them getting what they pay for isn't enough?), but FKG along with the philosophy of the original devs was never meant to be that kind of game.

Bloodsport Bloom
05-23-2017, 11:29 AM
Eh. I see this morning as the same as any other Tuesday or Thursday: Minor changes bringing doomsayers out of the woodwork.
If the game dies, it dies. If it lives on, it lives on. Eh. C'est la vie.

Personally I don't really see why people are getting into a tizzy. The community spent the last month complaining and plastering the Discord Issues channel with "Where's my ranking list?" "I want the ranking list back!" or variants of "FKG must be dying because they removed the TP list!" Now we have people complaining it's back, complaining that they won't be eligible for freebies (that they weren't getting beforehand anyway) and worrying that some random player will be "Global #1/Ally #1" over them. It just seems like regardless of what's given to us, we're going to sit here and bash it, and find a way it's going to ruin FKG.

Why are people bothered by a general global ranking list anyway? You don't have to look at the list, it's stashed away in the corner, in a tab that's smaller than any other button on our UI. It's not like they wouldn't be above the rest of us without the list letting us know they are anyway. This entire "FKG will become Competitive" concept is stupid. Those players who are already the strongest among us are already making a competition of seeing who's the strongest between them anyway. The people who genuinely play for the waifu factor:
Why do you care if you ampyd a 3* because she's weak if she's your waifu? Isn't the whole point of ampying a waifu who's not "meta" or "viable" late game the fact that she's your favourite, and it was a sacrifice of better/more viable options to show your favouritism?

Why bother even giving us new content if all it accomplishes is get the community worried about the game dying because of it. Might as well just pull a KGs and stop updating if this is how we act. Realistically the only shitty thing about the TP board is the colour-scheme they chose makes it impossible to read if you're colour-blind.

Said it before and I'll say it again; Our community acts like spoiled children over anything and everything. Unpopular an opinion that it might be, I still think that it's true.

Unregistered
05-23-2017, 11:33 AM
The difference is that there are now rewards tied to dick waving. If you thought whales were obnoxious before, oh boy.

Again, I refer to that shitstorm that was the free [50% Gold Knight, 50% Rainbow Knight] ticket that was givem during Christmas, along with the amount of pissed off players and headaches caused in discord.
It depends on how thick each player's skin is, but chances are most people will be discouraged by the fact that whales reap more benefits than casuals. You could try to justify it by saying that whales "deserve more rewards" (as if them getting what they pay for isn't enough?), but FKG along with the philosophy of the original devs was never meant to be that kind of game.

*Have* they tied rewards to the global ranking? Earlier posts in this thread seemed to indicate that ranking-based rewards was a possible outcome down the line, but not that they had actually implemented it already, or promised to. (Honest question; I don't visit the Discord, so most of my FKG news comes from either the game itself or browsing here.)

- - - Updated - - -

People are not worried about global TP rankings existing. That is fine.

People are worried about global TP rankings being tied to in-game rewards. That has been implied, and is not fine.

Bloodsport Bloom
05-23-2017, 11:35 AM
Yes, Nameless himself confirmed eventual rewards tied to the Ranking List.

Not yet, though. He also didn't reveal WHAT the rewards could be. Might just be 20k Equip Seeds.

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 11:35 AM
Eh. I see this morning as the same as any other Tuesday or Thursday: Minor changes bringing doomsayers out of the woodwork.
If the game dies, it dies. If it lives on, it lives on. Eh. C'est la vie.

Personally I don't really see why people are getting into a tizzy. The community spent the last month complaining and plastering the Discord Issues channel with "Where's my ranking list?" "I want the ranking list back!" or variants of "FKG must be dying because they removed the TP list!" Now we have people complaining it's back, complaining that they won't be eligible for freebies (that they weren't getting beforehand anyway) and worrying that some random player will be "Global #1/Ally #1" over them. It just seems like regardless of what's given to us, we're going to sit here and bash it, and find a way it's going to ruin FKG.

Why are people bothered by a general global ranking list anyway? You don't have to look at the list, it's stashed away in the corner, in a tab that's smaller than any other button on our UI. It's not like they wouldn't be above the rest of us without the list letting us know they are anyway. This entire "FKG will become Competitive" concept is stupid. Those players who are already the strongest among us are already making a competition of seeing who's the strongest between them anyway. The people who genuinely play for the waifu factor:
Why do you care if you ampyd a 3* because she's weak if she's your waifu? Isn't the whole point of ampying a waifu who's not "meta" or "viable" late game the fact that she's your favourite, and it was a sacrifice of better/more viable options to show your favouritism?

Why bother even giving us new content if all it accomplishes is get the community worried about the game dying because of it. Might as well just pull a KGs and stop updating if this is how we act. Realistically the only shitty thing about the TP board is the colour-scheme they chose makes it impossible to read if you're colour-blind.

Said it before and I'll say it again; Our community acts like spoiled children over anything and everything. Unpopular an opinion that it might be, I still think that it's true.

Did you miss the part where X-Overd and other games pulled this stunt and died a quick death possibly because of it?

I ignored the rankings in those games. It was stupid, but at least it was setting a precedent for it. Now that we know what that precedent can lead to, I don't want to see it here.

Bloodsport Bloom
05-23-2017, 11:41 AM
I was there. See my second line.

If the game dies, it dies. If it lives on, which it will, it lives on. I spend money on the game. I'm just as invested as you, Eab.
But come on, these games die. XOverd was a different game with a different set of circumstances. It's silly to point at it and go, "But XOverd closed." XOverd isn't FKG. It's like being good at soccer, seeing your buddy kicked off the team when he's garbage at the sport, and then worrying yourself sick that you'll be next. Eventually that stress is going to boil over and manifest, like it did this morning.

I mean come on, Nameless left the chat because of the way everyone was freaking out. He gave us something we wouldn't shut the hell up about for months and left in less than 15 minutes because we all threw a fit over it. I honestly feel bad for the guy. It was like watching a man bring his wife a bouquet of flowers but she gets mad because they're not the colour she wanted, so she throws them on the ground and wails until he just leaves the room.

Edit: As mentioned, DMM is always an option for those who genuinely 'HATE' Nutaku's way of handling things.
Secondary point: For the record, I'm of the belief that, yeah. Whales actually do deserve the extra gifts/FGs they might get for whaling harder for TP whoring. Those are the guys that are keeping the game from dying in the first place. Why wouldn't they deserve more when they literally pay for the game to run and be maintained. Let's lose this childish "we should all get equal shares" bullshit for a minute and live in the real world. The guys paying for the rest of us should get more because they earned it.

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 11:46 AM
If you saw it, then you know why people are upset about it. Don't ask rhetorical questions and get indignant when people break it down for you.

Yes, X-Overd isn't FKG. Nobody wants to see a repeat of that. But that doesn't mean history won't repeat itself. Given Nutaku's shitty reputation, it makes sense to be concerned.

Also, Nameless gets no sympathy from me at this point when I tried to pass along a complaint through PM, and he blew up on me just because I pinged him before he even left for work. If he wants to be less involved from the community and to pass the buck to others because of incidents like that, fine, but don't expect me to pity him when it was part of his job in the first place.

A Time to Screw
05-23-2017, 11:47 AM
I mean come on, Nameless left the chat because of the way everyone was freaking out. He gave us something we wouldn't shut the hell up about for months and left in less than 15 minutes because we all threw a fit over it. I honestly feel bad for the guy. It was like watching a man bring his wife a bouquet of flowers but she gets mad because they're not the colour she wanted, so she throws them on the ground and wails until he just leaves the room.

So what your saying is that Nameless is a prissy wife?

Sorry, but if you're gonna designate a dev to communicate with an internet playerbase, you'd better get someone with a thicker skin than one who runs out of a room in...15 minutes... simply because people expressed their displeasure at their game, as is their right as players and potential customers.

Preferably someone that will make more of an attempt to quell player concerns than running away at the first sign of displeasure.

I'll blame Nutaku management again for this one.

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 11:49 AM
So what your saying is that Nameless is a prissy wife?

Sorry, but if you're gonna designate a dev to communicate with an internet playerbase, you'd better get someone with a thicker skin than one who runs out of a room in...15 minutes... simply because people expressed their displeasure at their game, as is their right as players and potential customers.

Preferably someone that will make more of an attempt to quell player concerns than running away at the first sign of displeasure.

I'll blame Nutaku management again for this one.

For that matter, blobz and Tomaa are shit at actually responding to concerns as well. Tomaa basically being a non-entity and blobz deciding it'd be a better use of his time to shit on X-Overd instead of recognizing the same issues are popping up here.

Schverika's the only one who actually took the time to note what the concerns were and why people were understandably upset.

Unregistered
05-23-2017, 11:51 AM
"If a game dies, it dies" is a terrible attitude to have. If a game dies because of bad decisions that could easily have been avoided, then you have every right to blame its publishers, and some degree of concern is warranted here because many Nutaku games already died because of bad decisions.

FKG players are fully justified in throwing a fit about the game potentially taking a P2W direction, because by doing so they may prevent that outcome. If Nutaku gets the idea that implementing substantial rewards for high global ranks will make the game less profitable overall, they will be pressured to abandon their current plans and return to a more user-friendly approach.

Rather than leaving Discord, the best thing Nameless could have done is to reassure the channel that all players will be entitled to whatever reward they will come up with for this ranking business, and follow through on that promise.

paraphin
05-23-2017, 11:52 AM
i don't like the new ranking system, it's unnecessary.
the old ranking was way better, short and sweet info about your allies.
what does the experience mean anyway?

they should give a monthly task for the whole community (i mean all player) to... maybe make as much damage to a mega boss-like pest with a ton of HP. and depending on the damage, the community inflicted, all get the same awards...

whatever we can hate all we want, i think the nutaku guys give a shit about it and will go with their journey to the gold pot.

it's realy a shame, i like that game a lot :(

edit:
oh and that post (http://harem-battle.club/flower-knight-girl/3411-tp-ranking-bad-post74302.html#post74302) says everyting.

Bloodsport Bloom
05-23-2017, 11:53 AM
Good b8 m8.

I'm saying FKG community is like a prissy wife. This thread is a testament to that.
I've said my two cents worth.

For the record, I would have left after five minutes. Nameless doesn't owe us jack shit, and I'm surprised he gave us that much time considering the reaction he was given to giving us back a feature everyone spent a month begging for.

sniddy
05-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Wait am I missing something - how would this 'competition' work I mean when you get to a certain level....TP crawls

A Time to Screw
05-23-2017, 12:00 PM
Good b8 m8.

I'm saying FKG community is like a prissy wife. This thread is a testament to that.

For the record, I would have left after five minutes. Nameless doesn't owe us jack shit, and I'm surprised he gave us that much time considering the reaction he was given to giving us back a feature everyone spent a month begging for.

I don't know what kind of bouquet you bought to piss off your wife that badly, but perhaps you should let the florist pick out the flowers for you next time?

Also, the playerbase was "begging" them to give back a feature that was, according to the devs, "mistakenly removed" in the first place. We shouldn't have to beg them to fix what was, at the time, thought to be a mistake.

But then out of nowhere they announced the newer ranking system. So it's obvious they withheld the true reason for removing the old ranking list, probably exactly for the same reason they are receiving backlash now.
So Nutaku, being as transparent as ever (as transparent as the Great Wall of China), withheld information and the real reason for the removal of the old ranking system to make time to force this new one down our throats.

Classic Nutaku move. You're free to continue to excuse their actions if you wish though.

Unregistered
05-23-2017, 12:03 PM
So, ranking-based rewards are implied, but not defined or implemented yet. Thanks.

Well, I guess how much I care about this will heavily depend on said rewards. I see three basic outcomes.

1) Inconsequentials and conveniences. Ampies, Manyu, dragons, seeds, maybe some gems or energy. Maybe 5*/6* tickets or dressblooms for those super high ranks. I see zero issue with this. Let them wave about; it doesn't affect me.

2) Exclusives. Some 5*s or 6*s that cannot be gained unless you rank during a given time period. Perhaps they get added later on for the rest of us in a gacha or a reissue, perhaps they remain permanently exclusive. Not a fan of this, especially if the exclusives are significantly more powerful (or have special abilities, etc) than normal ones. On the other hand, though, it's not like 6*s are normally within my grasp anyway, so... Eh. Don't like, but doubt I'd leave over it.

3) Strong-arm tactics. It becomes harder (or impossible) to get the event 5*s within the alloted 2 weeks if you're not global-ranking-quality. Perhaps they let higher-ranking players regen energy or raid points at an increased rate, and events start to be balanced around THAT, instead of the normal regen rate. Or to put it more bluntly, if you don't pay a minimum of $XYZ a month, you won't be able to do any content well enough to acquire anything. That I would have a problem with, and would likely be a very swift exit for me.

I hope for #1, or at the very least a #2 that opens up to everyone after a few months or so. Can only wait and see though.

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 12:11 PM
Good b8 m8.

Are you for real now?

NOBODY asked for ranking rewards.

Why the fuck are people turning this around on the naysayers, when it's Nutaku who's adding shit that nobody asked for and only whales benefit from it?

You're like that one whale who shall not be named who says "any game that doesn't have PVP is garbage and not worth spending on" --> *proceeds to dump money on Angelic Saga/Sengoku Providence/other whalebait games*. AKA, an opinion that rightly gets him ridiculed for it.

If Nutaku suddenly added PVP elements just to appease that guy and at the risk of alienating 99% of the rest of the playerbase, are you going to whine that people are bullying Nameless for adding it?

2) Exclusives. Some 5*s or 6*s that cannot be gained unless you rank during a given time period. Perhaps they get added later on for the rest of us in a gacha or a reissue, perhaps they remain permanently exclusive. Not a fan of this, especially if the exclusives are significantly more powerful (or have special abilities, etc) than normal ones. On the other hand, though, it's not like 6*s are normally within my grasp anyway, so... Eh. Don't like, but doubt I'd leave over it.

This would be bad too. Especially if this becomes the only way to unlock serial code FKGs... oh god, what a horrible thought.

damdamon
05-23-2017, 12:17 PM
IMHO as a noob, TP ranking is not bad but is not good. It is useless for me because I know I will never EVER be in the top rank. I also don't aim to be the top player coz players in this forum look like GODS to me with their sig full of Level 70 Rainbow girls. If this game closes however I will be pissed.

But why do you guys hate Nutaku?

They provide us with English games. I don't wanna play on DMM - I can't understand Japanese.

What if they read this and ban us??? I mean they know our id's right?

What if Blood is Nameless' brother??? Just joking. LOL!

Unregistered
05-23-2017, 12:38 PM
This would be bad too. Especially if this becomes the only way to unlock serial code FKGs... oh god, what a horrible thought.

I agree, it would be bad if they got exclusives. Especially if said exclusives were permanently exclusive, and not released to the general playerbase in some other manner a few months down the line, kind of like how we get reissues for late players.

...But I'm not sure it would be bad enough to make me leave. I'm jealous of every single helper squad I see with Lycoris, I would *love* to get her (or the slightly-more-likely Setaria), but... let's be honest, I won't ever get her. That's life, or perhaps more specifically that's statistics. I make no distinction between the roughly 0.001% chance to pull her with gems, and a 0% chance to pull her if she were exclusive. The thought of someday pulling her is not what keeps me going in FKG - I keep playing because of the shinies I can earn through guaranteed event pulls and RNG gems obtained through those guaranteed events and logins.

*Those* are what make it worthwhile to me. Maybe not to you, per se - different people play for different reasons - but for *me*. Take *that* away, or throw a paywall inbetween me and that, and I'll leave. Everything else is either a happy stroke of luck or random annoyances. But to each their own.

Either way, though, I think it's a bit too early to preach fire and brimstone. I'll reserve my judgment of whether to hop to DMM or not for when they announce what, exactly, the rewards will be.

Taon
05-23-2017, 12:41 PM
Are you for real now?

NOBODY asked for ranking rewards.

Why the fuck are people turning this around on the naysayers, when it's Nutaku who's adding shit that nobody asked for and only whales benefit from it?

You're like that one whale who shall not be named who says "any game that doesn't have PVP is garbage and not worth spending on" --> *proceeds to dump money on Angelic Saga/Sengoku Providence/other whalebait games*. AKA, an opinion that rightly gets him ridiculed for it.

If Nutaku suddenly added PVP elements just to appease that guy and at the risk of alienating 99% of the rest of the playerbase, are you going to whine that people are bullying Nameless for adding it?

The main thing I see why this is getting "turned around on the naysayers" is because just from what I've read in this thread, some of you are coming across as argumentative, spoiled and self-important. The post I quoted here is a prime example of that and if it's even remotely indicative of how things went down in Discord earlier then I can't blame anyone for not wanting to subject themselves to it longer than they have to, no matter their job.

I happen to agree with Bloodsport Bloom here; if there's a system that rewards whales without hampering casual players then I couldn't care less. I have no interest in virtual dick-waving in an otherwise non-competitive game. If some F2P players really feel cheated that paying players are getting an additional reward then they have a choice: pay, get over it or leave; it's not like anyone is making money off of them anyways and in case anyone forgot this game's purpose is generating revenue.

Speaking of generating revenue, I'm sure X-Overd wasn't shut down because it was profitable and I'm pretty sure that it hadn't been profitable for some time. Unless someone has concrete numbers, comparison and speculation using one game to try to predict the death of another is pointless.

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 12:43 PM
Eh. It's not the rarity I'm concerned with, it's the principle of it.

I was very quick to criticize their idiotic Bridal Cactace gacha from way back then. Likewise, I praised the fact that their Bridal Oncidium gacha was actually a solid deal.

I still don't have either bride to this day. Got Bridal Camellia though... for some reason.

If they pull some shit like "only the top 1000 players get Sinclairiana", then you can get bet I'll be part of the outcry.

The main thing I see why this is getting "turned around on the naysayers" is because just from what I've read in this thread, some of you are coming across as argumentative, spoiled and self-important. The post I quoted here is a prime example of that and if it's even remotely indicative of how things went down in Discord earlier then I can't blame anyone for not wanting to subject themselves to it longer than they have to, no matter their job.

I happen to agree with Bloodsport Bloom here; if there's a system that rewards whales without hampering casual players then I couldn't care less. I have no interest in virtual dick-waving in an otherwise non-competitive game. If some F2P players really feel cheated that paying players are getting an additional reward then they have a choice: pay, get over it or leave; it's not like anyone is making money off of them anyways and in case anyone forgot this game's purpose is generating revenue.

Speaking of generating revenue, I'm sure X-Overd wasn't shut down because it was profitable and I'm pretty sure that it hadn't been profitable for some time. Unless someone has concrete numbers, comparison and speculation using one game to try to predict the death of another is pointless.

Argumentative? Fine. But "spoiled and self-important"? How does any of that apply when this is not an original feature of DMM FKG?

If fucking KanColle ever got localized, but introduced a P2W system that wasn't in the original, how the fuck do you think most people would feel?

This isn't just about Nutaku making money. They make enough of that with the weekly sales that most people take advantage of when reasonable, or otherwise accepted. No, this is about them changing the way people play the game just to make a quick buck and fracture the playerbase further.

Unregistered
05-23-2017, 12:51 PM
Well, at least the serial code knights are all balanced to be around as good as event girls, so they won't be very useful from a min/max standpoint.

That said, I think one important distinction between DMM and Nutaku's management of FKG is that, had the DMM side announced such a mechanic and gotten such a reception, they would've held an emergency maintenance, dismantled the offending system, and handed out apology stones by now. We know this because they did it before, repeatedly, on both substantial and trivial issues.

There was a case where a banner on the site featured a promotional character with glasses for a few hours, this banner was eventually changed to remove her glasses (a capital offense, to be sure, but read on) and the players questioned what was going on. Their response was to come up with a complete new system that allows you to change between the glasses and non-glasses versions of that character, satisfying both glasses fans and I guess the odd disgusting abomination who doesn't like bespectacled girls (it's hard to believe that people can have such terrible tastes, but they apparently exist).

Similarly, Calla's event initially involved a girl-locking mechanic a la Kancolle, which was immediately hated by every player for obvious reasons. DMM's response, rather than telling their players to deal with it, was to take the game down for a day, remove all traces of the locking system, and give out a bunch of items in compensation. Cherry Sage's blooming art miffed the lolicon crowd because she suddenly gained an appreciable bustline, and they responded by re-commissioning her art and giving out flower stones to everyone. Character equipment was found to be useless by the players and got both a dedicated slot and a special upgrade system to take it up to scratch.

There are many other examples of poorly received systems being revamped or removed, and this kind of attitude is precisely why FKG has an incredibly loyal player base on the DMM side, all development is user-centric and tries to eliminate player complaints rather than offering an endless menagerie of excuses and damage control attempts. So yeah, here's hoping that Nutaku realizes what makes this game so popular, and either changes or decides against implementing this ranking rewards mechanic that has most of the community in an uproar.

A Time to Screw
05-23-2017, 12:55 PM

We're more aggressive here precisely because our voices were ignored or brushed off on Discord in the first place. They made minimal attempt to listen to our concerns, or explain themselves beyond "Lol don't worry guys." They're not giving anymore info to us despite it being in our best interests. Whenever we question their lack of communication, they'd treat it as if we were attacking or trolling everybody.

In any normal circumstance, I would absolutely give them the benefit of the doubt first before complaining. But this isn't the first time, as Nutaku has a notorious history of not communicating with us adequately, along with their terrible management that has resulted in many game shutdowns and dead playerbases.

So forgive me if we seem, god forbid, a bit skeptical and confrontational of the way they appear to mismanage their games and make questionable decisions every other month.

I'm sure you'd be a bit disgruntled too if the restaurant you keep visiting kept serving you the wrong dish.

AgentFakku
05-23-2017, 01:02 PM
I think it looks nice minus the typo for "strength"

I'm ranked #14

should lvl all my gurls not Rainbow only to lvl 70 - just taking my sweet sweet time

Taon
05-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Argumentative? Fine. But "spoiled and self-important"? How does any of that apply when this is not an original feature of DMM FKG?

If fucking KanColle ever got localized, but introduced a P2W system that wasn't in the original, how the fuck do you think most people would feel?

This isn't just about Nutaku making money. They make enough of that with the weekly sales that most people take advantage of when reasonable, or otherwise accepted. No, this is about them changing the way people play the game just to make a quick buck and fracture the playerbase further.

1) Something not being a feature of a product operating largely in a different market isn't much of a basis for an argument. Did you know that Pizza Hut offers pizza toppings in Japan that you can't get in the U.S.?

2) I have no idea what KanColle is, so I can't really answer this beyond general terms; people who didn't like the changes wouldn't play it and would stick with the original. That's a perfectly valid choice here as well, and one that I specifically mentioned.

3) I'm a little confused here. You say this isn't just about Nutaku making money...but then you say that the change is for them to "make a quick buck" (I disregarded the "fracturing the playerbase" bit because it's nonsensical). So it's not about them making money...it's about them making money. Incidentally, how did you decide that they're making "enough money"?

I'm sure you'd be a bit disgruntled too if the restaurant you keep visiting kept serving you the wrong dish.
No; I just wouldn't give them anymore of my business. If they don't care enough to get my order right, then I don't eat there; I don't continue to go there and make an issue every future time they continue messing my order up.

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 01:18 PM
1) Something not being a feature of a product operating largely in a different market isn't much of a basis for an argument. Did you know that Pizza Hut offers pizza toppings in Japan that you can't get in the U.S.?

2) I have no idea what KanColle is, so I can't really answer this beyond general terms; people who didn't like the changes wouldn't play it and would stick with the original. That's a perfectly valid choice here as well, and one that I specifically mentioned.

3) I'm a little confused here. You say this isn't just about Nutaku making money...but then you say that the change is for them to "make a quick buck" (I disregarded the "fracturing the playerbase" bit because it's nonsensical). So it's not about them making money...it's about them making money.

Yeah, and? Calling one fanbase "spoiled" for not being accepting of worse features doesn't make you right either.

I don't blame Nutaku for not giving out freebies like candy, or holding gacha sales like they're going out of style. I have every right to blame them for making a competition out of a game that wasn't meant for it.

Apparently, this may come as a surprise to some people, but I don't buy rainbows for e-peen. I buy them to beat the odds. It's just common sense by now that spending $100 for FGs is not a good investment when you could wait for the right sale and pick the rainbow you want for half that cost.

"Just get over it" when some of us have stuck with Nutaku for a year and only now implemented a garbage mechanic is just excusing the devs' poor decision. Do veterans not have a right to complain in your world?

Keyword: not "just" about making money. Try to keep up.

The weekly sales are fine because they only affect the portion of the playerbase that actually pays. If a sale is bad, those people ignore it and wait for something better.

The TP rankings are NOT fine, because there's a distinct possibility that free AND paying players alike could get shut out amongst themselves because of the way they've prioritized their resources. Ampied the wrong girl? Rolled Water Lily instead of Peach? Leveled Calla instead of Edelweiss? Good job, you're now in tier 4 instead of tier 3 and missed out on X rewards.

(P.S. Who the fuck in this day and age still doesn't know what KanColle is?)

Unregistered
05-23-2017, 01:38 PM
I still don't get why people are getting so bent out of shape over what rewards MIGHT be. Yeah, sure, the rewards MIGHT be if you don't get above rank 1234 they delete your account. Or maybe they send you a pizza from your local Pizza Hut. Nobody knows. Until then, this is all speculation. We may as well speculate on what the weather will be like tomorrow. Or where the next Nameless typo will happen.

I don't. *googles* Apparently it's a fan-name for Kantai Collection, or a shortened name, or... maybe something about an anime? Whatever the case is, all the top results point to Kantai Collecion, so it makes sense.

Either way, it's one thing to not know what that is (which I'm sure most people who would visit these boards have at least heard of), it's another to use an abbreviated form of the name and assume people know what said abbreviation means.

A Time to Screw
05-23-2017, 01:39 PM
No; I just wouldn't give them anymore of my business. If they don't care enough to get my order right, then I don't eat there; I don't continue to go there and make an issue every future time they continue messing my order up.

You don't understand though, their seafood dishes are killer.

They just gotta stop shoving salad down my throat.

I still don't get why people are getting so bent out of shape over what rewards MIGHT be. Yeah, sure, the rewards MIGHT be if you don't get above rank 1234 they delete your account. Or maybe they send you a pizza from your local Pizza Hut. Nobody knows. Until then, this is all speculation. We may as well speculate on what the weather will be like tomorrow. Or where the next Nameless typo will happen.

The point is, the risk of them doing something abhorrent is high enough to warrant voicing our concerns beforehand, especially considering Nutaku's track record. That's the whole point.
People telling us to just wait and see what happens are content to sit around and let the worst case scenario happen. At best, it's a good idea to let these concerns be heard in a public forum.

But I guess we don't wanna hurt the devs feelings~

Taon
05-23-2017, 01:49 PM
Yeah, and? Calling one fanbase "spoiled" for not being accepting of worse features doesn't make you right either.

I don't blame Nutaku for not giving out freebies like candy, or holding gacha sales like they're going out of style. I have every right to blame them for making a competition out of a game that wasn't meant for it.

"Just get over it" when some of us have stuck with Nutaku for a year and only now implemented a garbage mechanic is just excusing the devs' poor decision. Do veterans not have a right to complain in your world?

Keyword: not "just" about making money. Try to keep up.

The weekly sales are fine because they only affect the portion of the playerbase that actually pays.

The TP rankings are not because there's a distinct possibility that free and paying players alike could get shut out amongst themselves because of the way they've prioritized their resources. Ampied the wrong girl? Rolled Water Lily instead of Peach? Leveled Calla instead of Lavender? Good job, you're now in tier 4 instead of tier 3 and missed out on X rewards.
1) So when I counter your argument, your response is to fall back to objecting being called "spoiled". Fair enough, but to be clear, I never called anyone spoiled, only their arguments. It's the difference between fact and opinion; I don't know you or anyone else here enough to be able to factually claim that you are spoiled but I can characterize the tone of an argument as "spoiled" because that is how it seems to me.

2) You certainly have a right to complain about things you object to. But I don't agree that you have a right to engage in hyperbole and aggressive tones when doing so. That said, I'm pretty sure that Nutaku isn't making changes for the sake of their veterans or at least not the unprofitable ones.

3) Yeah, I didn't miss the word "just", it's just that once I discarded your silly notion of "fracturing the playerbase" as an actual business reason, there was just the "making a quick buck" part left.

4) Again this is pointless speculation. What is anyone being shut out of that they wouldn't be just as shut out of if the system weren't there? Would you argue that people who can't log in daily shouldn't fall behind on daily rewards or lengthen the time before they get 6* Alstroe Maria? I could see if the rewards were pretty egregious, but since no one knows what they are then why are you going full-on doomsayer?

I thought I made it obvious that I didn't know what it was. Was I just not clear enough or was this just another one of your emotional arguments?

mkh
05-23-2017, 02:09 PM
I think it looks nice minus the typo for "strength"

I'm ranked #14

should lvl all my gurls not Rainbow only to lvl 70 - just taking my sweet sweet time

If you unfriended the 13 people ahead of you, you'd be #1 on your list and you'd be winning.
Though I think the rewards for #1 and #14 are the same, so it might not be worth doing.

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 02:16 PM
1) So when I counter your argument, your response is to fall back to objecting being called "spoiled". Fair enough, but to be clear, I never called anyone spoiled, only their arguments. It's the difference between fact and opinion; I don't know you or anyone else here enough to be able to factually claim that you are spoiled but I can characterize the tone of an argument as "spoiled" because that is how it seems to me.

2) You certainly have a right to complain about things you object to. But I don't agree that you have a right to engage in hyperbole and aggressive tones when doing so. That said, I'm pretty sure that Nutaku isn't making changes for the sake of their veterans or at least not the unprofitable ones.

3) Yeah, I didn't miss the word "just", it's just that once I discarded your silly notion of "fracturing the playerbase" as an actual business reason, there was just the "making a quick buck" part left.

4) Again this is pointless speculation. What is anyone being shut out of that they wouldn't be just as shut out of if the system weren't there? Would you argue that people who can't log in daily shouldn't fall behind on daily rewards or lengthen the time before they get 6* Alstroe Maria? I could see if the rewards were pretty egregious, but since no one knows what they are then why are you going full-on doomsayer?

I thought I made it obvious that I didn't know what it was. Was I just not clear enough or was this just another one of your emotional arguments?

I *did* address your counterpoint, it's just that it was largely irrelevant to begin with. You falling back on name-calling doesn't help your case.

I already noted the key differences between Nutaku and DMM (less freebies, more sales). That doesn't excuse the fact that there was no reason for this new mechanic to be put in place.

I haven't been arguing what the rewards at all, though I've certainly considered the worst possible outcomes. No, I'm concerned with what the game will devolve into, and if it'll go down the likes of how X-Overd failed.

What hyperbole? Sure, I took things to its logical conclusion, but does that really change anything in my argument? If the race for highest TP devolves into a "Dendrobium or bust" contest and all other units become irrelevant, does that *really* promote a good change in the game? Of course not.

And if you don't know what one of the biggest browser mobage is, which I intended to use as *the* example of most F2P-friendly game, then I'm seriously doubting this conversation is even worth having, since you clearly don't have a metric with which to gauge what is and isn't bad business practice for mobage.

In the meantime, I guess we're just going to ignore posts like this because "I'm being a doomsayer and mean to Nutaku devs."

There are many other examples of poorly received systems being revamped or removed, and this kind of attitude is precisely why FKG has an incredibly loyal player base on the DMM side, all development is user-centric and tries to eliminate player complaints rather than offering an endless menagerie of excuses and damage control attempts. So yeah, here's hoping that Nutaku realizes what makes this game so popular, and either changes or decides against implementing this ranking rewards mechanic that has most of the community in an uproar.

ShadwNinjaX
05-23-2017, 02:57 PM
-Peeks out from under blanket- Is it safe to come out now? XD

Look, I really can't speak from a very experienced perspective like some people here can. I honestly hope FKG continues on Nutaku, because I can't read or understand Japanese. I have honestly enjoyed learning some of the background of the world of FKG because of the translations (while at times mildly annoyed by serious spelling/grammar issues). So while I could go to DMM, I'm afraid I wouldn't enjoy it so much because I don't understand why things are happening in an event's story or know the difference in the affection scene if she's saying "fuck me harder!" or "please be gentle with me". So yeah, I would hate to see FKG go down the tubes. I understand this partially because of the points raised of a competitive like state for rewards would be disappointing. I come from years of League of Legends where it's not just dick waving, but many people smacking their dicks in your face and to "like it bitch". Damn, what a toxic shithole that is.

But on the flip side, I am with Blood and the others with not giving a damn about all the dick waving. When the ranking system was first there, it's only use to me was as a judgment to see if I was keeping up enough with TP development and to make sure I was staying a viable helper to my allies. Other than this, this has definitely just been a waifu collection game to me. That's what draws me to it. It reminds me of those glory years of youth frantically trying to catch all those Pokemon. I get that same fever and, as an added bonus, get the naughty bits to go along with the collecting. So as long as people keep playing, I will not be concerned. As long as the reward system they implement isn't crazy unfair, I'll keep focusing on my waifus.

Anyway. That's just my 2 cents in the end. Not trying to rattle anyone's bones here. If push comes to shove, I suppose I could move to DMM. Just need to look into how. Worried I would be such an incredibly late starter on that side though.

Taon
05-23-2017, 03:13 PM
I *did* address your counterpoint, it's just that it was largely irrelevant to begin with. You falling back on name-calling doesn't help your case.

I already noted the key differences between Nutaku and DMM (less freebies, more sales). That doesn't excuse the fact that there was no reason for this new mechanic to be put in place.

I haven't been arguing what the rewards at all, though I've certainly considered the worst possible outcomes. No, I'm concerned with what the game will devolve into, and if it'll go down the likes of how X-Overd failed.

What hyperbole? Sure, I took things to its logical conclusion, but does that really change anything in my argument? If the race for highest TP devolves into a "Dendrobium or bust" contest and all other units become irrelevant, does that *really* promote a good change in the game? Of course not.

And if you don't know what one of the biggest browser mobage is, which I intended to use as *the* example of most F2P-friendly game, then I'm seriously doubting this conversation is even worth having, since you clearly don't have a metric with which to gauge what is and isn't bad business practice for mobage.

In the meantime, I guess we're just going to ignore posts like this because "I'm being a doomsayer and mean to Nutaku devs."
First of all, I have not called you any names. No idea where you got that idea from unless you're the kind of person who considers disagreement or characterization of tone an attack on your person. If you are, then I apologize for upsetting you.

The only people who are really going to care about any kind of race for highest TP are the people who already do. The only difference now is there might be some token rewards for it in the future. Getting upset that player A is ranked higher than player B because of the luck of the draw is a silly thing to get worked up over and who's to say that if the discrepancies are so bad that the way TP is calculated can't be tweaked? You can't claim to take things to a logical conclusion when that conclusion assumes the absolute worst; that is inherently illogical.

Finally, while I readily admit to my ignorance about "the biggest browser mobage", I wouldn't be so quick to assume that goes hand-in-hand with ignorance of bad business practice, mobage or otherwise. Let me put this another way: why do you think F2P games exist?

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 03:35 PM
First of all, I have not called you any names. No idea where you got that idea from unless you're the kind of person who considers disagreement or characterization of tone an attack on your person. If you are, then I apologize for upsetting you.

The only people who are really going to care about any kind of race for highest TP are the people who already do. The only difference now is there might be some token rewards for it in the future. Getting upset that player A is ranked higher than player B because of the luck of the draw is a silly thing to get worked up over and who's to say that if the discrepancies are so bad that the way TP is calculated can't be tweaked? You can't claim to take things to a logical conclusion when that conclusion assumes the absolute worst; that is inherently illogical.

Finally, while I readily admit to my ignorance about "the biggest browser mobage", I wouldn't be so quick to assume that goes hand-in-hand with ignorance of bad business practice, mobage or otherwise. Let me put this another way: why do you think F2P games exist?

I'm sorry, was I not supposed to take this as a personal attack? Because...

This looks like a personal attack.

A rich one too, considering how you didn't see how Nameless brushed off our concerns with emote spam, or how blobz went on a, how you say, "self-important" rant, saying "X-Overd died because it sucked and I didn't like it, FKG won't die the same way because I'm playing it."

But no, us naysayers are the bad guys here and Nutaku is the almighty paragon of reason.

Give me a fucking break.

You haven't refuted my logical conclusion either. You want to change the way TP is calculated? How, by making it calculate every girl in your inventory? That still wouldn't change the fact that plenty of girls have better stats than others (Dendrobium is your lady and savior and you will worship her as such), and focusing on the little ones would only hurt you in the long run, waifuism be damned.

I know why F2P games exist. Now tell me why games like FKG and KanColle do well, while games like Demon's Kitchen crash and burn? Not to mention how games like Osawari and SenPro are dead/dying on DMM. Hint: Part of it involves not alienating your F2P playerbase.

twilightdream
05-23-2017, 03:53 PM
Sir Eab for now just keep pushing on DM to Namely & Co.
Give them time to breath for a day and let's see what will happen next.

Taon
05-23-2017, 04:09 PM
I'm sorry, was I not supposed to take this as a personal attack? Because...

This looks like a personal attack.

A rich one too, considering how you didn't see how Nameless brushed off our concerns with emote spam, or how blobz went on a, how you say, "self-important" rant, saying "X-Overd died because it sucked and I didn't like it, FKG won't die the same way because I'm playing it."

But no, us naysayers are the bad guys here and Nutaku is the almighty paragon of reason.

Give me a fucking break.

You haven't refuted my logical conclusion either. You want to change the way TP is calculated? How, by making it calculate every girl in your inventory? That still wouldn't change the fact that plenty of girls have better stats than others (Dendrobium is your lady and savior and you will worship her as such), and focusing on the little ones would only hurt you in the long run, waifuism be damned.

I know why F2P games exist. Now tell me why games like FKG and KanColle do well, while games like Demon's Kitchen crash and burn? Not to mention how games like Osawari and SenPro are dead/dying on DMM. Hint: Part of it involves not alienating your F2P playerbase.
Okay, so you are the kind of person that takes a characterization of tone as a personal attack. I apologize; as I've said a few times now I wasn't attacking you as a person, but your argument and its tone.

As for changing the way TP is calculated, I admit that I don't have an answer to that right now; it was meant to be an example of how something could be changed to mitigate a perceived sharp imbalance because your argument was essentially "FKG will crash and burn with no one making any attempt to take corrective action if this TP ranking system remains". Does that refute your "logical conclusion"? I mean, seriously, are you the kind of person who thinks some things aren't worth the effort because eventually the Sun will collapse on itself and all life on Earth will be extinct?

Beyond the existence of F2P players as volunteer employees in a Skinner box to entice paying customers to continue paying in order to maintain a feeling of superiority over those volunteers, no game dev gives a damn about them. There is your difference; when it's done right, the paying customers don't feel that they have to pay, but they want to because they want the shortcut to superiority and the F2P players won't feel frustrated enough to play something else. But if the paying playerbase gets large enough to generate and sustain competition within itself, then the F2P players become superfluous.

In the particular case of FKG there is a lot to be said about the UI as well; typos aside, it's a fairly clean and responsive interface that doesn't feel like it's sucking the life out of you when you try to do anything (looking right your way Kamehime). I haven't played the ones you mentioned as examples of failed games, though I did briefly play X-Overd and found that UI to be clunky and off-putting enough that I didn't want to invest any time, let alone money, into it.

I think I've beaten this horse enough though; all I'm saying is that if you want the devs to take you seriously then you can't jump right into full hysteria over something you disagree with. You're right in that I wasn't witness to what happened in Discord, but judging from the way some people jumped down BB's virtual throat in this thread, I have a hard time believing the tone over there was rational and measured.

Unregistered
05-23-2017, 04:16 PM
List of things corrected by mass hysteria on FKG: Asagao's censoring, Lavender's scene, stupid made-up names for flower knights

List of things corrected by "waiting and seeing" (read: allowing Nutaku to go ahead with their more questionable ideas) on FKG: ??????

On the whole, I'd say mass hysteria is a pretty good way for players to get things done. Rage on, folks.

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Okay, serious question. Has Nutaku ever given me reason to believe that a newly-created system of theirs wouldn't devolve into a whalefest?

I was critical of their first batch of sales, like the infamous Bridal Cactace step-up gacha. I stopped when they made up for it with the Bridal Oncidium gacha and basically the entire month of November. Now, even if they host bad sales, I assume they bounce back. But even back when Bridal Cactace gacha happened, I was getting brushed off with "don't like it, don't buy it" apologists. As if there wasn't reason to believe that 5* variants of 6* girls would get paywalled the same way if no one had spoken up.

Now? There's no reason for me to believe that Nutaku will handle this well, and I'm not crazy for voicing my concerns. Frankly, I'm more concerned that people aren't scrutinizing Nutaku further after last month's batch of closures.

And no, you have it wrong. A paying playerbase that has no freemium playerbase to feed off of will eventually shut down on its own. Look at games like Angelic Saga, that was a circle of whales that barely kept it afloat. Then look at current popular gacha games like Fire Emblem Heroes, which, as much as the playerbase would have you believe otherwise, doesn't neglect its F2P players and gives them reasons to keep logging back in.

Unregistered
05-23-2017, 05:34 PM
List of things corrected by mass hysteria on FKG: Asagao's censoring, Lavender's scene, stupid made-up names for flower knights

List of things corrected by "waiting and seeing" (read: allowing Nutaku to go ahead with their more questionable ideas) on FKG: ??????

On the whole, I'd say mass hysteria is a pretty good way for players to get things done. Rage on, folks.

I could put on a pink tutu and do the Macarena in my living room. Not sure it would accomplish much, though.

Unless I've missed a memo, these forums are unofficial forums; they're not sponsored by Nutaku, nor likely browsed by them. They most topics here can do is raise awareness amongst the players who come here. So raising a stink here will not directly affect *anything*.

Indirectly, sure. Hell, before I read this topic, I didn't know about the impending ranking-based rewards. I'm glad I found out about that. But a bunch of pointless bickering and back-and-forth? No, none of the "rage" on here really does anything except act as troll bait for the other half of the argument. Good for pageviews, perhaps, but if you're looking to "get things done", it ranks only slightly higher than "pink tutu Macarena" (and only slightly prettier).

...Nothing I've seen yet is cause for alarm. Worry, sure, but not Chicken Little alarm. Again, we don't know what the rewards are going to be. Could they be something that breaks the game, like exclusives and power creep? Perhaps. They could also be something benign, like bonus gems and tickets. The global rankings themselves, and the concept of ranking-based rewards, are *not* intrinsically bad. And I say that as someone who will most definitely never win a single worthwhile reward off of them.

If we actually want to "do something" about this, then flailing about and screaming to remove the rankings, and predicting death and destruction, are pointless. It's all too easy for someone like Nameless to write off those complaints as "impossible to please" and "generic doomsaying" respectively, and go off and do whatever stupid plan he's cooking up. Rather, go to Discord when one of them is on, and instead stress the things we *don't* want - we don't want ranking-based rewards that would break the game for anyone who can't throw half their paycheck at the screen. That's it, that's all.

Anything else is pointless, and will accomplish absolutely nothing.

Zandel
05-23-2017, 05:45 PM
Meh... Guys you are missing the big picture here... we asked for TP Ranking back and we got it back.... this is a GOOD thing and has no bad points at all. Sure the new ranking has irrelevant data like how much XP you are through your level but w/e it looks better then the old one and is much clearer.

And hey if they add a global ranking then more power to them, it doesn't effect 90% of the player base anyway as we all know if you don't have 20 6*s you will not be near the top.

So the whales get a new fancy dick ruler and the game gets more cash from them fighting with each other meaning the game will stay open longer and we who do not whale will get to play for longer how is that a bad thing?

passerby
05-23-2017, 05:55 PM
Meh... Guys you are missing the big picture here... we asked for TP Ranking back and we got it back.... this is a GOOD thing and has no bad points at all. Sure the new ranking has irrelevant data like how much XP you are through your level but w/e it looks better then the old one and is much clearer.

And hey if they add a global ranking then more power to them, it doesn't effect 90% of the player base anyway as we all know if you don't have 20 6*s you will not be near the top.

So the whales get a new fancy dick ruler and the game gets more cash from them fighting with each other meaning the game will stay open longer and we who do not whale will get to play for longer how is that a bad thing?
As stated, the same thing happened to X-Overd. The main thing to take from that is stop doing stuff that will piss the devs off. Nutaku went astray and that was the reason for devs to pull X-Overd out, the same thing can happen here too. It's to err on the side of caution.

Putting competition where there is no need for it is not more power to them, it's a way to cash grab more in the event that this game too is dropped.

kringley
05-23-2017, 06:01 PM
Okay, serious question. Has Nutaku ever given me reason to believe that a newly-created system of theirs wouldn't devolve into a whalefest?

I was critical of their first batch of sales, like the infamous Bridal Cactace step-up gacha. I stopped when they made up for it with the Bridal Oncidium gacha and basically the entire month of November. Now, even if they host bad sales, I assume they bounce back. But even back when Bridal Cactace gacha happened, I was getting brushed off with "don't like it, don't buy it" apologists. As if there wasn't reason to believe that 5* variants of 6* girls would get paywalled the same way if no one had spoken up.

Now? There's no reason for me to believe that Nutaku will handle this well, and I'm not crazy for voicing my concerns. Frankly, I'm more concerned that people aren't scrutinizing Nutaku further after last month's batch of closures.

And no, you have it wrong. A paying playerbase that has no freemium playerbase to feed off of will eventually shut down on its own. Look at games like Angelic Saga, that was a circle of whales that barely kept it afloat. Then look at current popular gacha games like Fire Emblem Heroes, which, as much as the playerbase would have you believe otherwise, doesn't neglect its F2P players and gives them reasons to keep logging back in.

I agree with at least some of your main points.
TP is a) only a grossly useful measure of actual team effectiveness, b) maximizing TP in ranking lists is probably counterproductive to putting together good teams, and c) I don't take seriously any 'competition' therein.
I personally didn't miss the old ally ranking since I don't really care, and if I ever did wonder, I am capable of adding 4 numbers together and seeing where it lists within the allies list sorted by TP.
That being said if the awards are along the lines of coins/manyus/ampies/seeds? Sure some extras would be nice but it won't make me do anything any different except maybe push ahead those last few levels on my rainbows. Exclusive girls or something similar? It'd be a very depressing move and I'd be less inclined to spend time.

At the same time Eab, for someone who didn't see the Discord argument, you're coming off with a very aggressive and off-putting tone. I mean I only have a vague idea of what KanColle is and sure that means you can't just point at it and say 'this should be like that' but it doesn't mean that discussion is pointless.

And I agree that once the game becomes sufficiently F2P unfriendly its chances become dim. I mean even whales tend to slow down on spending after a while, when they have most/all of what they want. To keep income steady you need to make sure that other people get personally invested into the game and then maybe have the chance to sell them something. If it's up front pay then that's not as attractive.

If you wanted real competition, you could come up with things that are both more interesting and less of a pure 'whale or gtfo' than a TP competition though. Just a thought or two off the top of my head, measured damage against a raid boss, limited turn count, 5 tries per player, and maybe sort players into classes based on TP or something else so that you're measuring effectiveness. Randomize damage types from week to week and it becomes at least a bit of a challenge. Maps with again limited number of tries, awards based on max number of chests gathered in a run, few RNG nodes but plenty of switch nodes and alternate paths. All this would take work though so it's just a pipe dream. (And BTW PvP in SenPro doesn't really favor whales. It favors no-lifers coordinating with other no-lifers, but whaling of only limited use).

We'll see what the rewards are. I'll probably mostly ignore competition though. I mean how do you really 'compete' anyways, other than stacking up more rainbows and more ampies, which is really not what I want to be doing.

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 06:04 PM
If we actually want to "do something" about this, then flailing about and screaming to remove the rankings, and predicting death and destruction, are pointless. It's all too easy for someone like Nameless to write off those complaints as "impossible to please" and "generic doomsaying" respectively, and go off and do whatever stupid plan he's cooking up. Rather, go to Discord when one of them is on, and instead stress the things we *don't* want - we don't want ranking-based rewards that would break the game for anyone who can't throw half their paycheck at the screen. That's it, that's all.

Anything else is pointless, and will accomplish absolutely nothing.

Already a step ahead of you. I've PM'd this thread to them.

At the same time Eab, for someone who didn't see the Discord argument, you're coming off with a very aggressive and off-putting tone. I mean I only have a vague idea of what KanColle is and sure that means you can't just point at it and say 'this should be like that' but it doesn't mean that discussion is pointless.

So are we just going to ignore posts like this? Don't pretend this aggressiveness is one-sided.

Good b8 m8.

kringley
05-23-2017, 06:31 PM
So are we just going to ignore posts like this? Don't pretend this aggressiveness is one-sided.

Who's pretending? There wasn't even any real point besides posturing there (In Bloodsport Bloom's post).
At the same time, you've got Mindrunner for whom about every other post amounts to "Nameless kicked my dog and took my lunch money" which is also not useful.
I was just saying that because past a point, aggressive arguing can push people away from positions they might otherwise support.
And although I'm in a kind of wait and see when it comes to this ranking list, I certainly don't think it really adds anything useful to the game.
As long as it doesn't stop me from running normal events, collecting and upgrading girls, etc. though, it won't really take anything away from me either.

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 06:38 PM
Well, like I said, all dissent was being shut out on Discord, so if I have to be a little more abrasive here to vent, then so be it.

And if I have to deal with the same amount of stupidity as I did on Discord, then that's not going to help matters either.

Only one person bothered to discuss the points I made about "Dendrobium master race", and Taon admitted as much that he doesn't have an alternate solution, so at best he's appealing to emotion and doesn't have an actual counterargument.

Taon
05-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Well, like I said, all dissent was being shut out on Discord, so if I have to be a little more abrasive here to vent, then so be it.

And if I have to deal with the same amount of stupidity as I did on Discord, then that's not going to help matters either.

Only one person bothered to discuss the points I made about "Dendrobium master race", and Taon admitted as much that he doesn't have an alternate solution, so at best he's appealing to emotion and doesn't have an actual counterargument.

Okay, I know I said I was done beating the horse here, but me saying "I don't have an ideal solution" isn't an appeal to emotion; it's saying, literally, "I don't have an ideal solution".

But is that the same thing as not having a counterargument? No; in fact I made the counterargument, I just didn't have a specific method in mind when I mentioned tweaking the TP calculations.

I don't work for Nutaku; it isn't my job to find specific solutions. At the same time, I don't have to find the solution to know that one exists; it's not like FKG is quantum physics or curing world-wide illiteracy. But I do know the solution cannot be to launch an emotional crusade against the perceived evil, money-grubbing company.

And now I really am done with this.

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 07:23 PM
If you don't have an actual solution to the TP calculation, it's the same thing as not having a solution at all.

This isn't a difficult concept.

Drip
05-23-2017, 07:53 PM
Meh, it's only TP ranking. Might as well have been a "Who gifted most Regular Books" ranking. That's how little TP actually means. If I'd used my manyus and ampies differently, I could've gotten my TP well over 450k, possibly even close to 500k. But, it's "only" 430k, yet I know my team's way more effective than it would've been if I had gone for the maximum TP.

When my Counter Squad was just taking shape, with 3 gold and one rainbow counter girl, some of them not even at lvl 70, and only 2 of them with all equipment slots unlocked, that squad already did more damage than some of those "High TP All Rainbow" helpers I had. If people like to brag about being a moron, then I'm not stopping them. I'll just ignore them, or pester them about their lousy squads that need to be carried.

AgentFakku
05-23-2017, 08:19 PM
I'm neutral on the issue. Just having fun. Seeing people you know on your list.

oh yeah, I want to see if they implement a feature that let you see how many waifus that guy has. That would be fun

Eab1990
05-23-2017, 08:26 PM
If it's new features we want to talk about, I'd like to ask why this ranking system came before multiple secretaries or secretary emotes. You know, stuff that actually emphasizes the waifus that this game should be all about.

At least these events have been giving us more garden stuff. Hopefully it won't be long until we start getting the pots and pest things.

wolf
05-23-2017, 11:37 PM
@kringley
this vid explains kancolle pretty well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgdUWBfA6vE

- - - Updated - - -

I'm neutral on the issue. Just having fun. Seeing people you know on your list.

oh yeah, I want to see if they implement a feature that let you see how many waifus that guy has. That would be fun

pretty much my thoughts, I would only check the old ranking list when I just wanted to see how strong (generally) my friends where and how well I can support the ones lower on my list, in the end though i couldn't care less about rankings.

Discoceris
05-23-2017, 11:57 PM
I was there. See my second line.

If the game dies, it dies. If it lives on, which it will, it lives on. I spend money on the game. I'm just as invested as you, Eab.
But come on, these games die. XOverd was a different game with a different set of circumstances. It's silly to point at it and go, "But XOverd closed." XOverd isn't FKG. It's like being good at soccer, seeing your buddy kicked off the team when he's garbage at the sport, and then worrying yourself sick that you'll be next. Eventually that stress is going to boil over and manifest, like it did this morning..

Putting your hand over your ears and pretending doesn't make your argument any valid.

As an aside, no one has pointed out the real reason why Nutaku is killing this game.

http://i.imgur.com/v8isWfJ.png

Seriously, if spelling is so hard, that alone is sufficient reason why this game is going into the toilet.

sniddy
05-24-2017, 12:20 AM
....until we know WHAT is happening WHAT are we doing?

It could be they saw lots of people saying they wanted it back so though 'OK we'll bring it back, and add some pointless freebies - they'll like that more' followed by torches and pitchforks and much scratching of heads.

We know very little, I'm still confused how we're linking this to DOOOOOOOM - by all means a few 'well lets hope they don't make this so powerful it becomes the game' I can see some of the fear as they could think that power = money and could push this but I'd hope they're smart enough to know the backlash and will just throw some fun shines and maybe a few 'milestones' like 2,3,400k that give something nice

game2534
05-24-2017, 12:53 AM
If you mean 'strenght' Mindrunner already made fun of it to death already. And not just FKG, Nutaku more or less screwed up with most translation and spelling anyway.

Well Guess I'll throw my 2 cents on TP ranking as well.

TP, or I prefer to call power level, is pretty much a gross way to indicate
how strong your team is. But I think synergism is more important. Passive skill that works well together can easily outdamage team with high power level only. So in short... power levels are Bullsh*t! 😆 And I don't care about it too much unless I fall too far behind my allies. Which is not, yet. it's not like you need to fight super strong pest that take 2-3 digits of damage unless you hit with solar blast, to get bloomed materials anyway.

About rewards from global ranking, again I don't mind whales get something better. Like loads of FG, couples of dress/skillblooms, 5*tickets or somerhing like that. They keep the game alive, so they deserved something good. It will be a real problem though, if the rewards are exclusive, something you will never have a second chance to get if you not whale now, and continue to do so on the future. Or like previous post several pages back then said, difficulty got ramped up to fitting whale environment. If they do this, this game can begin its countdown to destruction.

steele1743
05-24-2017, 07:44 AM
This is a hell of a thread...took me quite a while to read every post so in the spirit of community discussion, I'll throw my $0.02 on the table too. I'm relatively new to this game and Nutaku in general and I play it as I presume it's supposed to be played: Login, get daily login bonus, run some maps till I run out of stamina, pound some raid bosses until all points are gone, try to complete some daily quests (but never all), collect winnings, and level/equip/play free gatchas based on goodies I received during playing. Maybe an hour or so a day. I'm so noob to this genre, I had to actually (and unashamedly) ask what a waifu is and was told the whole point of the game was collecting them aka Pokemon style, except for adults. And only girls. Hot girls at that who want to bang you every chance they get. I'm in on that.

So rankings are blah blah blah to me personally. I'll never whale into the top 50 so I don't really care per se. I have been in other games where, yes, rewards are ranking based. I guess it is truly a matter of perspective. Some may remember a previous thread where I explained the MMORPG world I come from and what a whale actually is to me. There's no way, for example (in said totally different game) I was going to spend $1,000US+ in one weekend event to get the top tiered spender award. Yes, you read that correctly- $1K. The game had a Big Spender event maybe 2-3 times a year for massive rewards but a massive buy in. I didn't give a shit because instead of spending money I built my character, intelligently taking the time to understand the game's mechanics and build my character to compete (and mostly defeat) the whales. So because I did this, I never felt at a disadvantage. So I din't have the "big shiny thing" the whales had...big deal...it's pretend and doesn't exist anyway, so what do I care???? The game closed after a solid 6 year run and it served it's purpose. It entertained me for 6 years straight. And it was over, character gone, items gone, and nothing to show for it because, hey, it's a game. No more, no less. And I moved on with my life because that's how it goes and I still talk to gaming friends from there on facebook or whatever.

I can't believe that everyone is freaking out about the game MAYBE closing.
Guys, here's a sober reality for you. EVERY GAME CLOSES. Hell, even EA took games offline that were popular and naturally caused a huge row, but I don't see EA going out of business. There's maybe 3 or 4 I can think of that aren't completely bot/hacker infested that are still online and those are directly due to the fact that they are monthly subscription games AND the publisher is also the developer ( a VERY VERY important thing to understand in this gaming space of F2P games). Every F2P game I have ever played in the last 15 years has closed without exception, no matter how popular and how many whales there are. I take this knowledge then, going into every game I play. I'll throw some cash at it to help the game continue if I like it, or grab a unit/equip/vanity thing I like and that's it. It's not an investment, there's no guarantee just because you feel you spend a certain amount every month that the server will stay open indefinitely.

The game will end at some point. Period. Accept it. The reason they give you for it closing will be stupid. Accept that too.

Understand that if you want, say Daisy, and you throw enough cash to hit the gatcha up a million times to get her, then you better level her, evolve her, and screenshot every dam picture/love scene you want of her because she's going away and all that cash you threw at it is gone along with her. I did this for the units I had in Girls Kingdom (I thought it was interesting, a hentai Clash of Clans as it were) when I saw it was closing so now I have a small hentai collection from that game (only because I started it about 3 months before it closed), which really is the point, so collect those waifus and don't sweat the changes as long as they aren't game breaking, and if they are, remember, it's only a game, no more, no less.

Eab1990
05-24-2017, 08:12 AM
The issue isn't simply about the game closing.

The issue is about the game closing before DMM's version closes.

Refer to post 21.

"If a game dies, it dies" is a terrible attitude to have. If a game dies because of bad decisions that could easily have been avoided, then you have every right to blame its publishers, and some degree of concern is warranted here because many Nutaku games already died because of bad decisions.

FKG players are fully justified in throwing a fit about the game potentially taking a P2W direction, because by doing so they may prevent that outcome. If Nutaku gets the idea that implementing substantial rewards for high global ranks will make the game less profitable overall, they will be pressured to abandon their current plans and return to a more user-friendly approach.

Rather than leaving Discord, the best thing Nameless could have done is to reassure the channel that all players will be entitled to whatever reward they will come up with for this ranking business, and follow through on that promise.

And to add, there was no reason for Nutaku to drop the ball on games like Kanpani or X-Overd, both of which are thriving perfectly well on DMM and at least the former was well-liked at launch. Hell, there's a Prisma Ilya collab going on right now in DMM Kanpani that's honestly making me pretty green with envy. But I digress.

But no, we're never seeing that here because Nutaku had to go and fuck up that game's schedule, stagnating the playerbase and killing off an otherwise-perfectly healthy game. And god knows what really happened with X-Overd, but anything that looks like it could repeat history here is a big no-no.

So if you're telling me you're fine with Nutaku FKG having the same shitty management here just because "muh existential crisis", you're part of the problem. Things dying eventually doesn't mean things should die early. If there's still content left to be had, we better fucking get it before the inevitable end.

I for one would be fucking pissed if the game suddenly closed before we got Bloom evolutions. You sure as hell would bet that I'd be triple-archiving Daisy's Bloomed h-scene and whatnot.

Unregistered
05-24-2017, 08:17 AM
Again, "this game is eventually going to close anyway" is not an argument for letting the game close sooner because of stupid decisions. EN FKG already reversed its position on certain issues because of user backlash. If you want Nutaku to give up on the idea of ranking rewards, the best thing you can do is raising a ruckus, preferably in places like Discord where Nutaku staff can see it.

If you're okay with the idea of ranking rewards, you should realize that a) this system runs a good chance of shortening the life of the game and b) people are therefore justified in not wanting it, so stop with this "how dare people complain about something that is obviously risky for the game" nonsense.

While I'd first like to see what the hell they're actually planning, the current user response is good because it may make exercise more care about their plans and encourage them to come up with something that is fair to both paying and non-paying players. One idea would be to implement a kind of "ranking medal", similar to whale medals and life crystals, that allows a top-ranking player to get some reward girl/equipment in X months and a low-ranking player to store his medals for a longer period of time and get the same reward in Y months.

Another, better idea would be to scrap ranking rewards altogether, because in all likelihood nothing good is going to come out of them.

steele1743
05-24-2017, 08:41 AM
I get why the player base is upset. The game I played that closed here in North America is still online in Korea and it had stuff our version never got for the same exact reason: Shitty management by the publisher that literally broke the game beyond repair and the Korean developer refused to issue patches for what wasn't simply an unpopular game feature, we're talking full bore account exploits where players had their entire account hacked and yea we were pissed beyond belief that this publisher broke the game, essentially, by it's mismanagement. I even tried to play the KR version (which is near impossible because KR games require a KR SSN and cell number but we got around that) until they banned us, not because they got us by IP address but, rather, because we were the only 20 or so players that spoke English so that gave us away.

I guess that's my message in a very long-winded roundabout way. We can't control the publisher and we can try to campaign for what we want but at the end of the day when it comes to games from Japan, Korea, or any other non-localized home-grown version, we're at the mercy of the publisher. I'm not trying to belittle anyone's feelings about their time investment in the game because, hey, be honest, your online time is worth something. You can choose to spend it on youtube, your preferred news/entertainment source, or even Nutaku games. The problem, inherently, is that game publishers in general, don't give a shit about your time. They care about $. No more, no less. Because with no $, there aren't any games. There has to be a balance and THAT, I think is part of the issue here. Balance of whales vs F2P, balance of original JP version and localized, balance of, well, the bottom line business balance to pay the bills, keep the servers running without chasing away customers. And of course, the whole point of this thread, balance between useful and disadvantageous features.

Eab1990
05-24-2017, 08:58 AM
Okay, but news flash, "we can't control the publisher at the end of the day" is no reason to discourage the naysayers like *some* people in this thread/on Discord are doing.

Defending Nameless for a stupid decision just because "he doesn't owe us anything" is bullshit, since it still hurts Nutaku in the long run.

Unregistered
05-24-2017, 11:16 AM
Okay, but news flash, "we can't control the publisher at the end of the day" is no reason to discourage the naysayers like *some* people in this thread/on Discord are doing.

Defending Nameless for a stupid decision just because "he doesn't owe us anything" is bullshit, since it still hurts Nutaku in the long run.

I'll agree, defending Nutaku or Nameless isn't really what we need here. They've pulled enough stunts already to waive that benefit of the doubt.

...Nor is attacking them, however. I can guarantee they're not intentionally trying to sink FKG. Because it, in part, pays their paycheck. And people like their paychecks.

So again, we go back to the basics. We don't want FKG to crash and burn. Nutaku doesn't either. Oh hey, we all should agree there. Fair enough.

If FKG turns into a game where you cannot have a satisfying experience with little to no money spent, the free players (and occasional spenders) will leave. This playerbase, while likely not responsible for a majority of the FKG income, is responsible for a fair chunk (if not a majority) of the FKG users. If these players leave, and all that's left are the big spenders, the game will not survive for long, leading to aforementioned crashing and burning.

And *that* is where the topic needs to be rooted. Not in bickering about who kicked whose dog, or translation quality. Because that's framed in concrete terms that Nutaku cares about - money and playerbase retention. That's what they listen to, and what drives their decisions. Because it drives their paychecks.

They'll keep it up with the annoying attitudes and disconuts, because none of that really does too much to affect us having fun with our waifu-collectathon. Hell, I couldn't give two shits whether half the UI was misspelled - what's the alternative, read it in moon runes? It looks like crap, and is horribly unprofessional, but I can still just choose to ignore it and play the game.

...But if they get the idea that a change will affect money spent or playerbase retention, *that* change will be acted on.

Eab1990
05-24-2017, 11:42 AM
I just opt to not deal with Nameless directly at this point, since he's made it abundantly clear that he's not good with PR.

Given that, lately, he chats a lot less in public and doesn't respond to PMs either, the feeling is likely mutual.

(I will, however, continue to shit on blobz for as long as he acts the way he does.)

steele1743
05-24-2017, 12:14 PM
I just opt to not deal with Nameless directly at this point, since he's made it abundantly clear that he's not good with PR.

Given that, lately, he chats a lot less in public and doesn't respond to PMs either, the feeling is likely mutual.

(I will, however, continue to shit on blobz for as long as he acts the way he does.)

As an aside, what is it with gaming people like this anyway? We were in Maryland and realized we were only 2 blocks away from Bethesda Software so we decided to knock on the door and the biggest bitch in the universe opens it told us to piss off immediately and that we're trespassing...REALLY??? Made me want to rush the door and slam her into the huge Pip boy statue that we were able to get a glance of in the lobby thru the crack in the door that she opened.....

Unregistered
05-24-2017, 01:07 PM
From what I've been hearing from some people on youtube is that most Devs have a low opinion about gamers in general.

To be fair, not all corporate buildings are meant to be accessible to the general public. The building I work in, if you walked into the main lobby, the secretary would likely ask you to leave if you weren't either an employee or there on official business.

I mean, that's no excuse to be rude about it, but... Random tourists knocking on your door and making you stop the paperwork you were working on aren't going to endear themselves to anyone, especially if you're not supposed to be dealing with tourists.

twilightdream
05-24-2017, 03:43 PM
For many the bad sign or red alert start on last maintenance but for me
alert sign already ringing in April.

Everyone may know our FKG version should reach its 1st year anniversary in late April
or maybe in begin of May and if it's anniversary time
it should have A LOT free stuff give away for celebration.

But what we got during that time? We got a cheap DEAL for rainbow ticket.
After that a DEAL from voting ticket.
It's not right in my opinion why they celebrate anniversary by poking into their customers wallet?
They should give away free stuff as gift to thanks customers that support their game until it reach
it 1st year of service.

With all of that I start to play FKG on DMM and my life is all different there.
I can tell one different thing I get almost 300 free gems in pass 2 month.
From being newbie, from speacial giving away, from collaborate project.
Can you get this amount of free gems in 2 months in Nutaku FKG?

I left the rest to give food for your thought. Feel free to use your grey cell.

Now I just wait for maintenance time and see what Namely & CO. will or will not announce.

Dari
05-24-2017, 09:07 PM
I think quite a lot of people got salty after the 50% rainbow fiasco and tried the DMM version after that it's hard to come back to Nutaku. Compared to DMM the Nutaku version is barebones and the lack of free stuff totally kills the F2P players.

game2534
05-24-2017, 09:09 PM
I guess nothing changed... aside from usual Thursday deal. Maybe pick your rainbow or super expensive deal since we just have cheap step up.

BTW... I guess I'll cut some spending until solid answer come from discord then.

steele1743
05-25-2017, 07:55 AM
The DMM version is a Dream for for my PC based on temperature (betweeen 42 & 48), unlike Nutaku's version which always reaches 60 after 45 min.

What? So Nutaku's straight up uses more resources than DMM? That's weird....

So...sorta off topic...as an aside I signed up for DMM last night but didn't actually game at all since I had to reset my computer back to the way it was when I was playing region locked KR games except for JP so that ate up my free time.

So the KR gaming portal I used was specifically for that game so it was a no brainer but DMM looks like a mega site with books, videos, ton of other stuff...oh...and games...lol...so..question...is there a guide or something someone can link me to about DMM since I couldn't find one here. I obviously know how to play FKG so I'm not really concerned about the Japanese since all the buttons and such should basically be the same....right??

There's also a ton of other games there that are obviously only there and was wondering if anything else was worth looking into, some of which are mobile (I have a android based phone).

game2534
05-25-2017, 08:13 AM
Something did change. He noticed "Strenght".

Good god you're right. But nothing change about having to spam skip button every time in RB battle anyway...

MiqDoloran
05-25-2017, 08:15 AM
DMM version has been worked on for longer so they've ironed out stuff and optimized where Nutaku hasn't.

DMM has lots of other stuff but not sure you would bother with those since it's all Japanese?

As for games, you can rank them by popularity in the online games page and check the top results out.

steele1743
05-25-2017, 10:29 AM
DMM has lots of other stuff but not sure you would bother with those since it's all Japanese?

This is irrelevant to me since I've played games from everywhere. 90% don't particularly require much translation to play if you aren't big on the story which is pretty non existant in most games and I can always translate if I want to. I used to get Japanese Game Boy ports and such and I find in general I prefer to play the "original" as opposed to the localized version as the original almost always has more content and better support. This is how I got into the Korean MMOs since they were always better than the North American ones which were usually anywhere from 6 months to a year behind.

http://harem-battle.club/flower-knight-girl/2758-dmm-thread-spoiler-warning-114.html

Better ask over here about region lock. I have no problems at all, tbh.

Buttons are the same, except for some extra tabs with quests and in the shop.

A whole bunch of links have been posted in the DMM thread that could help you out.

Thanks for the info :D

Unregistered
05-25-2017, 04:02 PM
DMM version has been worked on for longer so they've ironed out stuff and optimized where Nutaku hasn't.

It's the opposite. The new skins and shit on Nutaku bog everything down.