PDA

View Full Version : [Event 10] Advent Battle vs Ixion

QXZ
05-26-2017, 08:58 PM
The imperious Eidolon, Ixion is on her way!

This authoritarian Eidolon must be stopped, or she will enslave all mankind!

The Advent Battle vs. Ixion will begin after the maintenance is completed on the evening of May 31st (PDT), so prepare yourself!

From Japanese Wiki: http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?%E3%82%A4%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B7%E3%82%AA%E3% 83%B3%E9%99%8D%E8%87%A8%E6%88%A6

Using Google Translate (and some help from other posters):

Material Exchange Recommendations

1. It is very rare to see SSR Eidolon or Wpn drop from chest. Therefore you should exchange using material.
2. High Priority: SSR Wpn (Sword), Half Elixir, Wpn Gacha Ticket
3. Medium Priority: SSR Eidolon, Soul Points, Offensive SR Wpn
4. Low Priority: Grimroies, Premium Gacha, Defensive Wpn

About Ixion

1. Ixion is compatible with Sandalphone
2. Sandalphone is slightly better than Ixion

Difficulty

1. Difficulty has been increased significantly
2. Ragnarok Difficulty added at 0AP Cost but limit to 1 attempt per day, regardless of win or lose.
2. Limit of 1 Elixir per battle
3. Ragnarok difficulty require lv50 to attempt
4. Because of high difficulty, players without high offensive power may be better off doing main quest or daily quest to build up your team.
5. At a minimum, you should have SR Cybele (from Quest) on your team

Ixion Attacks

1. Large damage to single target
2. High damage to all + Decrease burst gauge by 30% (75% in Ragnarok difficulty)
3. Attack single target 2x
4. Ixion HP: Ultimate = 850k, Ragnarok = 3.15M

Strategy

1. The recommended Soul is Mordred
2. However, it is difficult to find good sword and glaives of Wind type
3. Be very careful about the Ixion Fanatic (minion) they have healing and self destruction, and burst in 1 turn.
4. It is desirable to nuke down the minions in the 1st turn
5. It is almost impossible to prevent Ixion using her burst in rage mode.
6. Her double attack is strong and can easily kill 1 hime
7. Debuffs and (Mordred's) Black Propaganda are highly effective
8. The other recommended Soul is Joan of Arc
9. Recommended Team SSR Gaia, R Caspiel (not released yet), SR Itacqua (not released yet), SR Oberon, SR Cybele, R Zephyors
10. Recommended SR Hime - Oberon
11. Recommended R Hime - Caspiel

Update based on Feedback
Based on the feedbacks in this thread so far, there is 2 common strategies.
1. Defensive: Use Jean and ATK down himes to build up meter and tank dmg. When Ixion rages, burst her down
2. Affliction: Use Mortred and ATK down, similar to above
3. Offensive: Use Siegfried, build meter and gun down Ixion in her first rage

4. ATK down is very valuable, Cybele is the go-to hime here.
5. Gaia is nearly must have for Ragnarok clear

Unregistered
05-26-2017, 09:42 PM
TY good to plan ahead even if we still have 5 days

sanahtlig
05-26-2017, 09:54 PM
Difficulty has been increased significantly
Where do you see that?

Aidoru
05-26-2017, 10:03 PM
Where do you see that?

Most of the post looks more or less to be google translate with some edits and rephrasing, some being rephrased different than what is actually stated.

Like saying not to run Ragnarok under 50 when the JP wiki states you can't run it under 50 to begin with, unless google translate is wrong there.

Regardless, I don't plan to use my wind team on this in the first place since mines very weak, so a lot of those 'wind recs' are completely useless for me. I probably won't be able to handle Ragnarok without doing so though. We'll have to see though I guess.

TNinja
05-26-2017, 11:05 PM
I'm new so my question would be the basic question.

'It is better of for doing main quest for weak team'
So you cannot do raid against boss?

Mordred is recommended
Why mordred i thought andromeda has more survivability.

Weak point
How much actually weak point added to increased damage compared to dark and light against non dark and light.

Thanks nice guide

AgentFakku
05-27-2017, 02:01 AM
don't have R Caspiel, SR Itacqua, SR Oberon

or Mordred or Jeanne/Joan yet

will aim for them

Unregistered sex offender
05-27-2017, 04:05 AM
Your recommended team is pointless considering that Itaqua and Caspiel haven't even been released yet.
Also i don't think mordred is the desired soul so much as black propaganda is a necessary ex ability against ragnarok difficulty and considering that not a lot of people will have gaia a defensive soul will most likely be needed.

Ultimately strategy in this game is a case by case situation as not everyone will have the same KH and therefore will have to approach fights differently based on what they have.

QXZ
05-27-2017, 07:54 AM
its not really my recommendation cause i never played this event yet. i just used google translate so ppl know what to expect and maybe build a team or unlock a soul in the next few days so they can prep better.

also, i have no idea when Itaqua and Caspiel is gonna get released or if they will be released during this event.

of course if u have a stacked team of SSR's u can probably just use Arthur and auto this.

Unregistered
05-27-2017, 09:19 AM
its not really my recommendation cause i never played this event yet. i just used google translate so ppl know what to expect and maybe build a team or unlock a soul in the next few days so they can prep better.

also, i have no idea when Itaqua and Caspiel is gonna get released or if they will be released during this event.

of course if u have a stacked team of SSR's u can probably just use Arthur and auto this.

Would Raphael level 70, Amon level 80, Acala level 80, and Susanoo level 70 be consider a stacked team of SSR? Never used a team of SSR before.
Thank you.

jazz154
05-27-2017, 09:40 AM
I'm new so my question would be the basic question.

'It is better of for doing main quest for weak team'
So you cannot do raid against boss?
I believe he meant do anything to get stronger so you can do event. Be it raids or completing main quest line.

Mordred is recommended
Why mordred i thought andromeda has more survivability.
It's all about black propaganda for ragnarok difficulty. You don't need to use Mordred, but having black propaganda will help you out, since in rage she will be using burst every second turn.

Weak point
How much actually weak point added to increased damage compared to dark and light against non dark and light.

Thanks nice guide
Weak point is something about 40% extra damage plus you get hit for less(25%?) if you have element advantage.

Would Raphael level 70, Amon level 80, Acala level 80, and Susanoo level 70 be consider a stacked team of SSR? Never used a team of SSR before.
Thank you.

No. First of all you have 3 different elements there and that's bad.

Well, I am conflicted if I should go with Jean plus black propaganda or Mordred with Ambush/Sniper Shoot. Any advice?

sanahtlig
05-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Well, I am conflicted if I should go with Jean plus black propaganda or Mordred with Ambush/Sniper Shoot. Any advice?
Keep in mind that if your debuffs don't stick (particularly attack down) you'll probably be boned, if the damage levels the wiki shows (7k from the normal overdrive on wind kamihime with no debuffs) are accurate. I'd probably go Mordred with ATK DWN -20%, if I had Jeanne. That would get you up to 45% attack down or so with Zephyrus. Then you could just eat the 3k or so damage from the Raging Overdrive. The problem after that is that without additional healing you're not going to last very long. You really have to hope that dizzy lands and you get some lucky dizzies in.

jazz154
05-27-2017, 11:01 AM
Keep in mind that if your debuffs don't stick (particularly attack down) you'll probably be boned, if the damage levels the wiki shows (7k from the normal overdrive on wind kamihime with no debuffs) are accurate. I'd probably go Mordred with ATK DWN -20%, if I had Jeanne. That would get you up to 45% attack down or so with Zephyrus. Then you could just eat the 3.5k or so damage from the Raging Overdrive. The problem after that is that without additional healing you're not going to last very long. You really have to hope that dizzy lands and you get some lucky dizzies in.

I wanted to go with Gaia, Hermes, Cybele and Brynhildr (Since I have no one else to heal). So would you say that swapping Hermes for Zephyrus is good idea?

If only I didn't use my SR wind sword by mistake in enhancing, then I would really want to go with Jeanne, but now the best thing that i have for her is just R lance...

sanahtlig
05-27-2017, 12:03 PM
I wanted to go with Gaia, Hermes, Cybele and Brynhildr (Since I have no one else to heal). So would you say that swapping Hermes for Zephyrus is good idea?

If only I didn't use my SR wind sword by mistake in enhancing, then I would really want to go with Jeanne, but now the best thing that i have for her is just R lance...
Hermes is useless other than as Wind filler. Zephyrus will strongly benefit your group if you don't have Sol.

Since you have Gaia and Jeanne you could have Guard up for every overdrive (as long as you don't eat 2 ragings in a row). If your debuffs land you'll be in good shape.

The group I plan to use is: Mordred (wind, EX: -20% DEF DWN), Gaia, Heimdalr, Raphael, Sol. That gives me 2 dizzies, 20% off the rage meter, -1 to the overdrive gauge every 6 turns, -40% damage to the first raging overdrive each cycle, -45% ATK DWN, -30% DEF DWN, and Mordred's full complement of abilities (all extremely useful and non-redundant in this group).

RyeX
05-30-2017, 08:13 AM
Hey guys which of the 4 SR below should I mlb against Ixion do you recommend:

Cybele
Oberon
Cronus
Heimdall

I am currently leaning to Cronus since she is Attacker trait though I did see from some suggestions here Oberon is good against Ixion due to attack down which Cronus actually also have.

sanahtlig
05-30-2017, 08:23 AM
Hey guys which of the 4 SR below should I mlb against Ixion do you recommend:

Cybele
Oberon
Cronus
Heimdall

I am currently leaning to Cronus since she is Attacker trait though I did see from some suggestions here Oberon is good against Ixion due to attack down which Cronus actually also have.
Oberon, without a doubt. She provides valuable type A ATK and DEF debuffs for Wind-element.

RyeX
05-30-2017, 09:03 AM
Oberon, without a doubt. She provides valuable type A ATK and DEF debuffs for Wind-element.

Ok thanks! Just got her though so her level isn't even currently close to half the LB3 max level so I was leaning on MLBing someone that currently is at full XP.

QXZ
05-30-2017, 09:36 PM
u can MLB her pretty fast i think. the even last a week. and during the low levels, u can just throw some useless weapons to boost exp on her.

Unregistered
05-31-2017, 10:04 PM
Welp, 5 minutes before the maint. Good luck guys with both your gacha and your RNG. If you re going to try to roll an SSR or saved up your jewels for this event, hopefully at the very least you get a new kamihime or some good upgrading materials.May the boss never triple hit your main and if it does, may your main tank it. I hope we all agree not to instantly go for the hardest difficulty, because its a waste of a run, excepting those who are already gods and that can easily deal with ragnarok. We salute you from the plane of mortals x3

In a few words: Good luck and logic to us all. And to those poor bastards who only have a water team or that had good old fun with the fire raid last week (me included)... well... fuck, dont even try it.

Aidoru
05-31-2017, 10:32 PM
Since I have work off tomorrow, I might try to stay up and run Ragnarok once too see how bad my team is, since it'll most likely reset at 12AM PST, giving me about 2 hours to before so to try.

sanahtlig
05-31-2017, 11:19 PM
In a few words: Good luck and logic to us all. And to those poor bastards who only have a water team or that had good old fun with the fire raid last week (me included)... well... fuck, dont even try it.
I only have a water team and I'm optimistic about clearing Ragnarok difficulty. I don't expect Ultimate to be a significant obstacle.

Aidoru
06-01-2017, 12:09 AM
Looks like they extended maintenance by an hour, so probably won't get that free chance since I'm pretty tired as it is.

Oh well, looking forward to hearing everyones experience on Ragnarok tomorrow, assuming I don't try to get in before reset.

HoroBoro
06-01-2017, 01:12 AM

Is this a joke?

Unregistered
06-01-2017, 01:29 AM
I only have a water team and I'm optimistic about clearing Ragnarok difficulty. I don't expect Ultimate to be a significant obstacle.

Just tried Rag with a wind team and I took over 5k damage per person from an enraged Ixion, after stacking every possible attack down debuff on Rag. It wiped my whole wind team.

My water team averages about 7k health instead of 5k health on my wind team due to jorm bonuses + weapon buffs, but I'm not at all certain they can survive this ultimate either since they take a lot of extra damage from type disadvantage. I'm thinking about trying a thunder team instead of a wind team (my thunder team has no type advantage, but is stronger overall) and trying to run Perun to negate the massive spike.

CBW
06-01-2017, 03:08 AM
In general, Mordred vastly improves survivability. +1 turn until overdrive and applies dizziness. I was able to push through rage mode on Rag difficulty in 3 turns, skipping the overdrive completely. Still died, but progress!

Skarfang81
06-01-2017, 03:44 AM
Got the Ragnarok down to 10% but died at that point. My team was Siegfried (using Sniper Shot from D'Art as Extra ability), Heimdallr, Gaia, Titania and Sol - using Garuda as Eidolon, 35k ATK. The first burst from the boss I used Gaia on but even with Sieg I couldnt dps her down through the Rage phase and got hit by her burst in Raging. Her burst in raging not only hits for around 6k on each Kami but also drains all your burst gauge from what I could see. I might have got her down after the elixir but got really unlucky on the RNG and Gaia got triple striked by the boss.

I also have Hermes, Cronos, Cybele and Maeve as SR Wind Kami's, might experiment and sub out Heimdallr for one. Also considering switch Sieg out for a defense soul but her damage in that raging seems really important as im sure you must get her Rage down ASAP or you'll wipe. Interested to see how other do.

bosing
06-01-2017, 04:48 AM
my team got massacred lol(@ultimate)

Wanderer
06-01-2017, 05:06 AM
Beat the Rag twice with dark team: Jeanne w/ sniper shot, Satan, Susanoo, Amon Unleashed, Sol.
6k HP, 33k raw atk w/ about 100% boost from both weapon and eido skills.

1st battle started with two def down missed, totaling 60% atk down but only 15% def down. Then Satan's overdrive meter down failed, resulted in 2 charging blows during the 1st raging, which dealt 2000 damage w/ Jeanne's shield on, and 4000 w/o it.

The next round of debuffs landed better, only missed 1 atk down, leaving Ixion no chance for burst during the 2nd raging, not much trouble in the rest of the battle.

2nd battle ran much smoother as all debuffs sticked, the party stayed above half HP all the time. So I think I could give up a bit of debuff and try Modred for more consistent performance.

Btw the reward of Rag sucks (draconic eye shards will only be added a few events later), not worth using the elixir.

QXZ
06-01-2017, 05:23 AM

Is this a joke?

it says theres a chance to +skill on enhance... at least that is unique i guess.

fucka
06-01-2017, 06:45 AM
now it's the moment, when people realize that 0815 SRs have reached their limit.

jazz154
06-01-2017, 08:02 AM
Damn, I had to use elixir because I screwed up my timing with full burst... Instead of full burst I got kicked back to 25% because I got full round of double/triple attacks and she went with her burst to rage. (I really shouldn't use attacking skills in not rage phase...)
Overall my first try with it started kinda bad: Black propaganda missed and Zephyrus atk down also missed. Zephyrus was also first one to go down because she was focused by Ixion.

Shame that rewards sucks for beating ragnarok.

Inb4whales
06-01-2017, 08:46 AM
Sooo can anyone tell me what's the freaking point of doing Ragnarok difficulty again?
It's a complete waste of time and effort that only gives you drops equivalent of a standard difficulty drop rate (ONE freaking gold chest. ONE!) and the "Demonic core" whatever thing that you only get once a day can ONLY be traded in for a useless R-rank chalice. I know it's not completely useless but it's skill enhance boost rate isn't even anywhere as good as the SR fodder weapons you get from Disaster raids.

Someone PLEASE tell me that those cores become more useful somewhere down the line in future advents...

sanahtlig
06-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Regarding Ragnarok difficulty, I didn't expect the first non-rage overdrive to 1-shot the target (almost 7k with attack down debuffs on light kamihime). I then messed up the timing of my defense buff due to Black Propaganda during the Rage phase, causing a wipe at 40%. Managed to clear it with an Elixir.

Overall, I don't think reliable clears are possible unless you have 35k+ attack power, significant assault skill (30% or more Wind, 80% or more for non-weak elements) on the team you're using, and important SSRs (e.g., Gaia). You need to be able to get the boss into Rage mode before her overdrive is ready and then reduce the Rage meter to 0 before the 2nd Overdrive, all in 7 turns and likely without the use of Burst. Not to mention you have to be lightning quick with skill usage so your debuffs don't fall off at inopportune times (I never use this team so that was a problem).

Ultimate wasn't an obstacle, as expected, though reliable clears on Auto with my current team probably aren't possible.

The cores from Ragnarok are used to purchase Dragon shards later on, which can then be converted into guaranteed SSR kamihime tickets (300 cores = 1 ticket). So 150 Ragnarok clears minus whatever you get from weeklies.

Aidoru
06-01-2017, 09:23 AM
Ended up having to use an elixir for Ragnarok. Got down to about 1/4th HP. Though most of it seems to be more or less luck for me, was being extremely reliant on dizzy. When my attempts to reapply failed (2 dizzy skill himes), I wiped pretty fast after. Either eating a 4k raging overdrive or a single 7k regular overdrive... I have only regen healers though so that was one of my biggest issue after taking a raging overdrive hit and regular overdrive can pretty much 1shot my himes which is just as dangerous. I probably won't bother using elixirs anymore, just for the first clear.

bosing
06-01-2017, 09:49 AM
gold chest at expert doesnt drop much as the previous advent event?
i remember having 3-4 then but now i rarely getting 2

TNinja
06-01-2017, 09:59 AM
Wasted 30 ap because error. My team is in auto mode without skill but cannot be controlled let alone stopped. All the button just not responsive. ah well

Aidoru
06-01-2017, 10:01 AM
Wasted 30 ap because error. My team is in auto mode without skill but cannot be controlled let alone stopped. All the button just not responsive. ah well

Press reload to stop them.

TNinja
06-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Press reload to stop them.
Yea should have tried that. I realized it too late. It got error in crucial moment too.

AutoCrimson
06-01-2017, 10:44 AM
lucky ppl, im still able to clear only expert, doing it manually... guess will forfeit the expert and just auto-grind normal one

OtherGuy02
06-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Ragnarok difficulty: she hits faaaaaaaaaaaaar too hard. Without a decent way to get improved hp on wind characters she is pretty much just nearly 1-shooting any character with anything but her "standard" attack and with no trash mobs to get possible healing items from you just doing nothing to her. Even worse if you get unlucky and just spams Vorpal Blade near every turn.

I'd say my team is pretty decent (not the best but can do ultimate very easily) and I can't even get her to 30%.

Unregistered
06-01-2017, 04:44 PM
I finnaly understand why (at least for me) Ixion is far more difficult than say, Medusa. Becuase if you accidently trigger her rage, every 2 turns she WILL cancel your burst, no ifs or buts. "oh, but why dont you time it so you burst after she rages" Because im an idiot! Once i get the hang of it i think it will seem much easier, but right now its basically a buttload of damage and no good greens, might as well go freaking water this round, because disturbingly enough ive had more success with my bloody water team than any other... wow im salty.

AgentFakku
06-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Bollocks had to turn off Auto LOL, I hate the Ixion Zealot guy who reflected attacks

Didn't know there was a enemy dat reflected until I actually look in my tab while being too focused on Flower Knight Girl LOL

QXZ
06-01-2017, 06:22 PM
i find this event much harder than Rahab because....
1. boss attacks and bursts are stronger
2. i dont have SSR wind hime (i had Thor vs Rahab)
3. and therefore i dont have SSR wind wpn
4. almost no one on my friend list has SSR eidolon
5. i dont have mordred, siegfried or jean

Unregistered
06-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Mordred is my savior for this one .-. but that ragnarok though

QXZ
06-01-2017, 06:53 PM
i dont have morded. i just go gilgamash and burst down Ixion when she goes in rage. but that hinges on getting an ally with SSR Jabberwack eidolon

AgentFakku
06-01-2017, 06:57 PM
i find this event much harder than Rahab because....
1. boss attacks and bursts are stronger
2. i dont have SSR wind hime (i had Thor vs Rahab)
3. and therefore i dont have SSR wind wpn
4. almost no one on my friend list has SSR eidolon
5. i dont have mordred, siegfried or jean

same here with $2, 3, 4, and 5

Aidoru
06-01-2017, 10:17 PM
That feeling when using gacha tickets and seeing the gold background when drawing only to end up with a dupe.

Bought all 3 tickets. Hime ticket gave me a R dupe of Baphomet's wep. First prem ticket gave me SR weapon dupe for Cronos'. Last ticket gave me Dike, a light R hime.

Surprisingly good roll for me despite already have 2 of 3 of them. I don't think I've gotten any hime weps from event tickets since Sandalphon.

BarbatosZaku
06-01-2017, 10:41 PM
This was the best event for about gatcha ticket. I obtained Sol and Scachat for those premium tickets.

Unregistered
06-01-2017, 11:15 PM
This was the best event for about gatcha ticket. I obtained Sol and Scachat for those premium tickets.
That luck... Premium ticket seems a bit less nutty as drawing using 300 jewels.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, i got an SSR from the ticket, but it was the one we got from Rahab and shes terrible! I mean, who even uses eletric kamihime... i mean, first SSR yay?

TNinja
06-01-2017, 11:23 PM
That luck... Premium ticket seems a bit less nutty as drawing using 300 jewels.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, i got an SSR from the ticket, but it was the one we got from Rahab and shes terrible! I mean, who even uses eletric kamihime... i mean, first SSR yay?
For you perhaps since i don't have any SSR hime. Still that insane luck to pull i prolly don't bother to aim for the ticket because the low chance.

- - - Updated - - -

For you perhaps since i don't have any SSR hime. I use fire but still incomplete team SSR kamihime is a valid option regardless he will have scenes, jewel, and with SSR weapon. Still that insane luck to pull i prolly don't bother to aim for the ticket because the low chance.

Flaris
06-02-2017, 03:47 AM
Well I definitely can't complain about luck for a bit. The Kamihime weapon ticket turned into Ramiel, who I was really hoping to get at some point to continue rounding out my strangely growing thunder team. Not an SSR, but considering it could have just been a rare duplicate...I'm ok with this development.

jazz154
06-02-2017, 10:10 AM
I just managed to beat ragnarok without reviving.

36k atk power. ~20% wind atk up from weapon skills.
Jean with black propaganda, Gaia, Zephyrus, Cybele, Brynhildr and in the back Heimdallr and Hermes. (I lost brynhidlr, when I got her to 1/3 hp)

The ability to cut down burst by 40% and lots of attacks debuffs are working really well.

Her rage burst is just dealing little over 1k with all 4 atk debuffs + 40% dmg cut and plus Rahabs thunder resist. (without Rahab it's little over 1,5k)
Non rage burst is ~2k on Gaia (with dmg cut and motherland+) it's great that her Eternal Gale heals it back.

Inb4whales
06-02-2017, 10:15 AM
After spending 1 elixir on each Ragna run for two days now, I think I'm starting to get the hang of Ranga Ixion.

The main reason alot of the players fail Ragxion is simply because most if not all of us can't jump past the first rage hurdle.
Why? Because when you start the game with a boss and no minions (meaning you don't have enough time to build up your burst to get her out of rage state) you will have a bad time, especially if the boss's ability is to go Dragon ball Cell on you and eat 70% burst every 3 turns (4 with Mord's BProp) and every 2/3 turn from there on.

First of all Mordred is not best soul here and let me explain the reason why.

Here are a few issues with having Mordred as your soul for this fight.
1. You have a good chance of landing a charm better than any other soul but that alone is a problem when your charm procs at the wrong time.
Eg: Your Cybele and Heim put up their 1-turn invulnerability for the upcoming rage burst, but the charm procs.
2. You do not have enough damage or abilities to get her out of rage state.
3. Your atk+def debuff is a weaker B-frame version of a lvl 55 Cybele who provides 15% on both instead of 10%
4. In a fight where every second of debuff is needed, you are unnecessarily wasting your time on watching the weak DoT damage tick on the boss every round and reloading after clicking attack every time isn't really fast either.

My alternative method that I will be using is this but let me lay out my plan on how the team comp will work first. And this involves ditching Mordred first thing first.
Step 1- Make sure your SOUL survives. She is the most important character and you can't swap her out of front line thus increasing her likelihood of getting attacked. Meaning all you can do is use a soul that will provide you with defense or use an ability from another soul. Additional alternative is to lowering the rate of using burst.

Thus recommended extra ability = Cursed Canting chains (Andro), Refined Tactics (Oliver) or Black Propaganda (Mordred).
I think it should go like BP>RT>CCC.

Step 2- Make sure half your team survive an attack at any given time. If you lose at least three characters in one swipe, you will be fighting an incredibly uphill battle with only 4 characters remaining even if the two reserve substitutes in their place.
This is where BP or RT comes into play. BP can extend the rate of burst by half while RT can allow you to take no damage from a single burst.
That combined with Cyb and Heim's 1-turn invulnerability means all three of your front liners (if you take RT on soul) can survive a lazer shot from Ragxion.

Step 3- Have enough damage but make sure you don't have TOO much damage. The problem in this run is that if you can't build up a full burst before she kicks into rage, you're in for a world of hurt. It is two extremes where the DPS of your team is perfect enough to get full burst before rage or your team is just too strong that you don't even need a burst to get her out of rage. In between lies a valley of death where everyone else with good enough damage got their burst taken away by Ragxion.
Since not even whales might have somewhere around 40k party damage with +4 wind boost SSR weapons, let us just take the burst route.

From my personal experience if you have around 34k with a wind multiplier of around 100% (15% from my wind atk up weapons, 35% Garuda and 50% friend's Jabber) and dealing 10k per attack on average you can definitely accomplish this.

My strategy on attempting to beat Ragxion.
Step 1- Turtle as much as you can until you can get a full burst or you know you can use your burst before she uses her rage burst. This means use anything such as ATK down and avoid anything with DEF down (even if it is combined with the ATK down like Cybele or Ama). Avoid any double, triple attack rate boosts as well because they will add more unstable variables.

If you did this part correctly you should be able to make her use two normal bursts which is worth a total of 6 turns worth of burst build up (+60 burst just by normal single attacks on all characters) before you send her into rage which will allow you to get additional +20 making it a total of a surefire 80 burst before she rage bursts on her next turn. Using Black Prop now can make it a net gain of 90 burst before the rage.

Step 2- Don't apply Black Prop immediately when the battle begins. While it is very tempting to use it as soon as possible, everyone's DPS is different and unexpected double and triple attacks on your characters can send Ixion flying quicker into rage meaning you might end up making her use a Rage burst on her 2nd burst because the window of making her use her 2nd unrage burst is very narrow unless you lower your total damage even further by equipping slightly inferior weapon in your grid.
With a DPS of about 10k per swing, I noticed that you can prolong the battle for about 6 turns before her 7th turn (where she already used her 2nd burst on the 6th turn) sends her into rage.

Your duty until then is make sure your kamis who are building up the bursts survive two of her single target bursts (and hopefully they land on your Cybele and Heim). If you use Refined Tactics, ignore the advice here. RT is good as well because it ensures your Soul's survival in case she gets unluckily targeted during her single targ bursts.

Step 3- Once she kicks off into rage, burn her down with everything you got.
Here is your priority list of orders. Ignore ones that you don't have.

[Turn 1 of rage]
1. Use Garuda/Sandal summon
2. Use all debuffs. (Black prop now if you have it)
3. Use buffs (if you use Sieg save your moral boost for your full burst since it will chunk more rage meter compared to abilities).
4. Unload every damage ability that you have and attack.

[Turn 2 of rage]
1. Use Garuda/Sandal to increase your burst build up during this very crucial moment.
2. [In case you don't have BProp] Use Moral boost if using Sieg.
3. Attack.

[Turn 3 of rage]
1. Use Takemikazuchi for desperate burst build up if you need it and have one.
2. Use atk buff Eido like Typhon, Fafnir, Ifrit, etc otherwise.
3. If you don't have Black Prop, pray to god that you have a team with full burst ready at this point or that none of the kamis that you're building burst for hadn't died.
Activate burst and attack now whether or not you have full burst though because your next turn will make all of that obsolete anyway if you can't get her out of rage.

[Turn 4 of rage] [Only for Black Prop users]
1. Use atk buff Eido like Typhon, Fafnir, Ifrit.
2. Burst.

My team-
[Front line]
Siegfried [Extra ability Refined Tactics] with Garuda Hammer <-This is a setup that anyone can have.
Cybele
Heimdallr

[Rear]
Oberon
Amaterasu (Use her atk/defense debuff over Cybele first because they are both B-frame. If this fails use Cybele.)

[Reserve]
Sol (Immediate backup heal in case Ama dies)
Cronus

sanahtlig
06-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Got her to about 25% today before I made a fatal mistake to not use a partial Burst during Rage. I feel like I could win if either I had more opportunities to practice, or there wasn't a time rush from debuffs falling off, preventing me from thinking my actions through. It's a very technical fight with kamihime I've never used before, and thus it's easy to make mistakes. I didn't use an elixir this time, preferring to save them for first clears on future Ragnaroks (when the event quest will make it worthwhile).

The strategy I used was effective, though it relied significantly on RNG and my particular rainbow combination of SSRs. It's probably not even worth explaining because of that.

Aidoru
06-02-2017, 11:17 PM
I failed mines today too, made 1 major mistake and that was using a skill that reduces rage meter when it wasn't in rage, could have avoided a 2nd overdrive by getting her into stun but ended up taking 2 ragng overdrives and wiping my main party leaving my 2 subs to die at it at about 10~15% hp. If I had Sol, I probably would be able to do this as I'm using Amaterasu with my light party and she's not really providing much, especially in the damage department. Still haven't really figured out the best cross skill for Mordred for this fight and thinking I might use Joan instead but I'm so reliant on dizzy I'm not sure if it's worth the change.

Unregistered
06-02-2017, 11:37 PM
Would probably help if there were some reference videos from the jp side or anywhere really.

TNinja
06-03-2017, 06:34 AM
Ixion sucks it is way lower than ouroboros. This event that really interest me only the soul point. I probably just farm soul point at this rate.

QXZ
06-03-2017, 07:06 AM
ixion is good if u never got sandalphon cause u started the game late... like me

TNinja
06-03-2017, 07:19 AM
ixion is good if u never got sandalphon cause u started the game late... like me
I'm playing the game since last raid. Well it can kick one SR eidolon but its effect don't help my fire team and i believe the stats also weaker than crom cruanch. Since the weapon is lightning i don't have any interest except i have mood to create thunder team but that is farfetched since i'm still building basic team firepower. A lot to fix since my team still in dual element weaponry.

Unregistered
06-03-2017, 08:22 AM

If we follow DMM schedule after the raid event and the revival that comes after, we should have another thunder event. That thunder eidolon is basically same bonus as Sandalphon except instead of triple attack she gives regen for a couple turns. Also she has higher stats than Sandalphon also.

So not much to worry about even if you don't get Ixion.

Skulkraken
06-03-2017, 08:43 AM
Oof, that Ragnarok difficulty is tough. My 26k wind team - which can handle Ultimate without any real problems - got demolished.

MAJIDE
06-03-2017, 10:02 AM
...Cu Chulainn (the ultimate Ixion trolling Kamihime) to keep you alive with the team wide invulnerabilities every 3 turn.

fucking what??!!!!! RLY?!!!

Pan
06-03-2017, 11:21 AM
fucking what??!!!!! RLY?!!!

He is wrong, Cu Chulainn only apply invulnerability to self not team.

lightwolf
06-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Jabber summon. (for ability damage up)
Jabbers ability damage is an assist effect. Her summons effect is poison.

Other than that it matches my conclusions as well. Thanks

Aidoru
06-03-2017, 05:50 PM
Managed to clear Rag this time. No elixirs but 2 of my himes died at around 20ish% HP. Didn't get any successful dizzy afflictions applied too. The entire fight was more or less just building up...

Wanderer
06-03-2017, 06:48 PM
Would probably help if there were some reference videos from the jp side or anywhere really.

Here is a quite good one imo:
youtu.be/DmhmLPwa93E

Takeaways:
1. Build a defensive party with enough ATK down and healing, Jeanne, Cybele and Zephyr are key charas here.
2. Same as Inb4whales said, hold back firepower at beginning to accumulate burst gauge.

AgentFakku
06-03-2017, 07:01 PM
oh shit, didn't know they limit your jewels

did it for shits and giggles, attempted Rag when underlvl and thought I can waste jewels

nope, only let u spend 100 jewels :V

QXZ
06-03-2017, 08:02 PM
i updated first post for your strategies. thanks for input guys.

Inb4whales
06-03-2017, 10:23 PM
He is wrong, Cu Chulainn only apply invulnerability to self not team.
I stand corrected, my apologies.

The problem with this game is that Nutaku's translation is often barely any better than google translate.
When I first read Cu's ability on JP translated wiki I assumed that the "all" part means it applies to all members since that is what is usually means.
Eg: Attack all enemies (etc, etc)

Jabbers ability damage is an assist effect. Her summons effect is poison.

Other than that it matches my conclusions as well. Thanks
I forgot about that yes. For some reason my brain keeps thinking that Jabber summon boosts ability damage just like how Typhon increases ATK damage upon summon.

sanahtlig
06-03-2017, 10:31 PM
And another Ragnarok attempt. This time I came very close. I lost my healer early in the fight due to some unlucky focused regular attacks. But despite that, I nearly had it. The loss was due to a sliver of rage bar left after my 2nd Burst. If I hadn't lost a kamihime a round before to a regular attack, OR I'd used an extra eidolon attack before that Burst... or even if I'd leveled one of my weapons just a tad more... then the Rage overdrive wouldn't have gone off.

arphael
06-03-2017, 10:39 PM
And another Ragnarok attempt. This time I came very close. I lost my healer early in the fight due to some unlucky focused regular attacks. But despite that, I nearly had it. The loss was due to a sliver of rage bar left after my 2nd Burst. If I hadn't lost a kamihime a round before to a regular attack, OR I'd used an extra eidolon attack before that Burst... or even if I'd leveled one of my weapons just a tad more... then the Rage overdrive wouldn't have gone off.

dat feels when u mess up a little....

HoroBoro
06-04-2017, 12:51 AM
Rag = 3/5. Basically it comes down to whether if she focuses on my Heroic Spirit. Can't go too hard in the beginning without being able to stun her before her ougi. You have to be able to take out rage in 4 rounds of attacks. I don't apply my defense down debuffs in the beginning because she becomes raged if I do (45% down with Dark Amon and sniper).

And you need a lot of attack. I have a mono-black team, skill level 18, mostly assault weapons, and 3.8k attack on my grid. Otherwise, it's hard to imagine how someone does this. With Jean and a lot of heals? How much does she do with 50% attack down? Like 4k ougi and 1k autos? Maybe it would be easier if that's the case, but I certainly can't get that high (no sol T_T)

Unregistered
06-04-2017, 02:36 AM
How much does she do with 50% attack down? Like 4k ougi and 1k autos?

Using Joan's attack down, Zephyrus attack down, and Cybele's attack down, with Andro's def buff, and Rahab's lightning resistance buff, I got boss rage ougi down to 2k.

I don't think that's 50% attack down though since Jormy attack down missed so it could possibly get lower. If you do the defense buffs right before the first rage ougi they should last through the 2nd one also.

Could also potentially get it even lower if you had something like Perun, or Joans damage reduction, but if you used Joan you wouldn't have Andro's def buff anymore.

Skulkraken
06-04-2017, 10:14 AM
Got reasonably lucky with the hime ticket - ended up getting Hermod. :)

Oh, and some of you guys probably already noticed, but the Zealot's damage reflection has a time limit, so you can just wait for around a minute for the buff to run out.

sanahtlig
06-04-2017, 10:59 AM
And you need a lot of attack. I have a mono-black team, skill level 18, mostly assault weapons, and 3.8k attack on my grid. Otherwise, it's hard to imagine how someone does this. With Jean and a lot of heals?
Gaia, who can tank the normal overdrive every time if you're lucky with dizzies. But my Water team is unusable and my Wind team has 10% assault skill, which means I'm at the mercy of RNG. Jeanne + Gaia could add stability, but that has tradeoffs too. If Black Propaganda and other debuffs miss, you're probably boned.

VortexMagus
06-04-2017, 11:19 AM
I think Andromeda + Gaia + Black Propaganda on Andro would be all you needed for this event, no? Gaia can cut overdrive damage down by a lot, and Andro can rez dead individual hime and keep your entire team in the fight. Sadly obtaining Gaia isn't exactly reliable...

sanahtlig
06-04-2017, 12:32 PM
I've favored Mordred because she ensures that most of my debuffs land, plus I can slot in -20% DEF DWN. The problem with relying on Resurrection is that if you lose a kamihime, that's going to mess up your Burst. The added healing would be very nice, but if Black Propaganda misses that's GG. The non-Rage overdrive can 1-shot my non-Wind kamihime, so I can't be eating overdrives (even normal ones) back to back. I'm not sure what the miss rate on Black Propaganda is without Mordred's status effect resistance down debuff. If I was using my main team, I wouldn't be so dependent on Ambush for the damage buff, and a heal-based strategy would be more attractive.

I finally had a smooth run and got a clear without an elixir. No deaths, never ate a Rage overdrive.

From what I can tell, the people clearing Ragnarok in this thread without elixirs have the following:

A main team that isn't water with 35k+ attack power and assault skill over 60%, or a Wind team with 35k+ attack power and assault skill over 20%.
Multiple SSRs
Gaia and/or Jeanne de Arc with Black Propaganda (both Jeanne and Mordred unlocked and leveled).

Those doing this without Gaia seem to have cherry-picked team compositions that are highly optimized for raw damage (e.g., a non-Water team with 3 SSRs of the same element). This allows them to quickly burn through the Rage phase without the use of Burst.

jazz154
06-04-2017, 01:29 PM
So here is video of me doing ragnarok. Sadly it isn't "easy" for me but somehow it works out. If anyone is curious why my soul is dealing so little damage with burst, it is because I am using R wind lance that you can get in gem gacha xD

https://youtu.be/Z0DHhdUvXlE

sanahtlig
06-04-2017, 01:58 PM
So here is video of me doing ragnarok. Sadly it isn't "easy" for me but somehow it works out. If anyone is curious why my soul is dealing so little damage with burst, it is because I am using R wind lance that you can get in gem gacha xD
You got really lucky that Jeanne double attacked on the round before your first Burst. And also that you didn't trigger Rage before the first overdrive (all it would've taken was a one or two extra double attacks). It seems like even those who don't rely on Dizzy are still relying heavily on RNG.

Also, protip: don't watch the Burst. You're wasting valuable debuff time. That WILL come back to bite you at some point if you keep doing it.

QXZ
06-04-2017, 02:04 PM
how do u not watch the burst? i thought its mandatory. is there a turn it off button somewhere?

sanahtlig
06-04-2017, 02:13 PM
Hit the reload button after the Burst is started.

jazz154
06-04-2017, 02:13 PM
how do u not watch the burst? i thought its mandatory. is there a turn it off button somewhere?

By clicking reload button. I just felt like watching bursts in this video since it really didn't matter.

And I know I got lucky to not get double attack that would have sent her to rage phase, but I was taking that as possibility.
As for Jeanne getting to full burst? I really didn't have high hopes for that ( since my previous clear was only 3 kamihime using first burst)

Azumish
06-04-2017, 03:01 PM
Managed to beat Ragnarok without reviving using Jean with black propaganda, Titania, Cronus, Oberon and Sol with Hermes and Cybele as backup. I try to get her to use overdrive before pushing into rage so I can burst her out of rage before she can build it up again. Titania is handy for building burst since she gets 30 for using her 3 buffs, one buff adds 30 burst to someone else and one gives double/triple attack increase. I don't put black propaganda on Ixion til after she does her first overdrive as well.

AgentFakku
06-04-2017, 07:35 PM
man finally after a 2 Premium Tickets, got a new Kamihime instead of weapons meh

Got Skuld, not bad since I barely have 3 thunder Kamihime lol

Skulkraken
06-05-2017, 04:56 AM
Hey, was Orpheus always in the gem gacha? She just popped up on my last 10 roll, so I'm wondering if she was added recently or not.

TNinja
06-05-2017, 05:04 AM
Hey, was Orpheus always in the gem gacha? She just popped up on my last 10 roll, so I'm wondering if she was added recently or not.
She was always there. orpheus is one of my R from the begining.

Aidoru
06-05-2017, 07:24 AM
She was always there. orpheus is one of my R from the begining.

No she wasn't. Orpheus was added to gem gatcha back when they added 6 more himes to gem.

Go to the news tab under the kamihime game and go to "2017/05/08 22:00 - Advent Battle VS Rahab!!"

TNinja
06-05-2017, 08:28 AM
No she wasn't. Orpheus was added to gem gatcha back when they added 6 more himes to gem.

Go to the news tab under the kamihime game and go to "2017/05/08 22:00 - Advent Battle VS Rahab!!"
Yes that's why when i was at the start. I'm playing this game at the start of raid event of inferno. Rahab is near a month a go. if you mean by one month a go is recent.

Unregistered
06-05-2017, 08:32 AM
Yes that's why when i was at the start. I'm playing this game at the start of raid event of inferno. Rahab is near a month a go. if you mean by one month a go is recent.

Because everyone totally knows when you started playing the game.

TNinja
06-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Because everyone totally knows when you started playing the game.
I don't care that is not important anyway then this is just game also Recent is subjective word. Gem gacha is rolled everyday a lot usually it takes very- very short time to get it.

sanahtlig
06-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Scored another Ragnarok victory today, despite missing an Intercept on the normal overdrive. I subbed in an extra healer (Zephyrus), which helped quite a bit I think. I am relying on high-rank Behemoths to buff my combo Wind/Light group, and I'm not sure how well it'd go without that +50% wind/light buff.

BigBobs
06-05-2017, 05:28 PM
I only have 3 wind SRs, and a meh thunder team, so my will to drop time on this event is very low (I've barely done enough to get the two elixirs a day). Probably for the best, because I usually end up going all out on the raid events which I find more fun and would burn out quickly.

3 wind srs, 2 light (not lightning), and 2 SSRs and 4 SRs for fire and dark each.

I think I know which events I focus on >.>

Aidoru
06-05-2017, 05:44 PM
You shouldn't lock yourself into the dilemma that you need a hime team of opposing event boss's element to run the event.

I've run all advent events with my light team. I only use opposing element teams for raid events only because all the raid events (aside from Jorm) have been easy.

My alt account for raid boss farming is only a dark 24k atk team and can handle this event's expert with little problems. While it isn't as good as ultimate, it's enough to get you several copies of the weapon and eidolon if you keep at it. Not that I bother to grind events with that account.

BigBobs
06-05-2017, 05:49 PM
You shouldn't lock yourself into the dilemma that you need a hime team of opposing event boss's element to run the event.

I've run all advent events with my light team. I only use opposing element teams for raid events only because all the raid events (aside from Jorm) have been easy.

My alt account for raid boss farming is only a dark 24k atk team and can handle this event's expert with little problems. While it isn't as good as ultimate, it's enough to get you several copies of the weapon and eidolon if you keep at it. Not that I bother to grind events with that account.

Oh don't get me wrong, I can mostly auto-ability the 40 eng boss with my fire team. I just don't want to use elixirs or concern myself with making use of every single energy or bp like I did with the last fire event.

My dark only and fire only teams are about 30k, my dark/fire team is about 33k.

Edit: had the numbers reversed. The dark/fire team is higher.

Boydjt
06-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I can mostly auto-ability the 40 eng boss with my fire team. I just don't want to use elixirs or concern myself with making use of every single energy or bp like I did with the last fire event.

My dark only and fire only teams are about 30k, my dark/fire team is about 33k.

Edit: had the numbers reversed. The dark/fire team is higher.

Meh, should still run the event for at least the Eidolon unless you already have a full team of level 100 SSRs.

sanahtlig
06-06-2017, 10:41 AM
I'm now 3/3 in my last 3 Ragnaroks, and 3/6 overall (without elixirs). The fight isn't too bad once you have a plan and can stick to it--though I probably wouldn't be faring so well without the lucky Gaia roll. Ironically, I haven't even been using her damage reduction ability. I time the Rages so it's never actually needed, and instead rely on her for Intercept + her self-heal. I save the damage reduction ability in case the boss gets dizzied when the Intercept is up.

Unregistered
06-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Scored another Ragnarok victory today, despite missing an Intercept on the normal overdrive. I subbed in an extra healer (Zephyrus), which helped quite a bit I think. I am relying on high-rank Behemoths to buff my combo Wind/Light group, and I'm not sure how well it'd go without that +50% wind/light buff.

WTF 50%?! Are you here to show off that you got your gasha eidolon maxed or what?

fucka
06-06-2017, 12:41 PM
WTF 50%?! Are you here to show off that you got your gasha eidolon maxed or what?

just add some whale friends, issue solved.

AgentFakku
06-06-2017, 02:16 PM
im a dumbass

thought Kamihime Ticket instead the usual premium ticket @ event shop was a guarantee Kamihime of any rarity

still gave me a weapon LOL fuk dat was a waste

Aidoru
06-06-2017, 02:25 PM
im a dumbass

thought Kamihime Ticket instead the usual premium ticket @ event shop was a guarantee Kamihime of any rarity

still gave me a weapon LOL fuk dat was a waste

It guarantees a random kamihime weapon, not a hime. It doesn't guarantee you won't get a dupe, which you most likely got.

jazz154
06-06-2017, 07:10 PM
So far I have won 3 times without elixir, one time with elixir and one time I lost on ragnarok. I am taking those rage bursts in the face without dying thanks to Gaia and Jean. After getting used to wind team it's even kind of fun doing ragnarok.
I must say that I like that method more than relying on dizzy.

QXZ
06-06-2017, 07:42 PM
guys i have a difficult choice to make. i m at 1 star SSR wpn and 1 star SSR Ixion. i can upgrade 1 of them to 2 star.... which should i choose?

i don't main lightning but i do plan to use it as backup to my future fire team.

sanahtlig
06-06-2017, 08:04 PM
So far I have won 3 times without elixir, one time with elixir and one time I lost on ragnarok. I am taking those rage bursts in the face without dying thanks to Gaia and Jean. After getting used to wind team it's even kind of fun doing ragnarok.
I must say that I like that method more than relying on dizzy.
I don't have Jeanne (and I won't have her leveled before the end of the event, even once I do unlock her), otherwise I'd probably try your method.

No, it's a friend eidolon. I'm using a maxed Garuda. Also, the 50% Behemoth--while indeed extremely rare and hard to obtain--is not actually that strong if you look at the sheer magnitude of the buff. It simply has the right combination of (rare) elemental buffs that fit my current team. There's plenty of other eidolons that would be stronger if I had a mono-element team for this, but my main team is water (and therefore unusable).

My run today was with a 40% Behemoth. While still pretty rare, I have more of these in my friend list, and also the buff magnitude is no more than a typical dual-element event SSR eidolon.

- - - Updated - - -

guys i have a difficult choice to make. i m at 1 star SSR wpn and 1 star SSR Ixion. i can upgrade 1 of them to 2 star.... which should i choose?

i don't main lightning but i do plan to use it as backup to my future fire team.
Short-term, having the extra 15 levels on your eidolon will buff all your teams' stats significantly. But once you have 6 maxed SSR eidolons, that eidolon will become useless. Mid-term, a LV100 SSR weapon is better than a Disaster weapon, and it'd be useful for a thunder team (and not much else). Eventually (8-12 months?) you'd have an opportunity to max both, so whatever decision you make now won't matter.

QXZ
06-06-2017, 08:37 PM
i see.... since i dont have any 2star SSR eidolons right now... i guess i will up her to 2star.

AgentFakku
06-07-2017, 02:44 AM
couldn't really buy weapons, focused on Ixion

every event - can't really complete so just do as much as I can w/ my pizzeria job

whatever have left goes to tickets and Soul P

sanahtlig
06-07-2017, 09:50 AM
4/7 on Ragnarok. This one was a close call because I made a mistake and pushed her into the 2nd rage with the overdrive meter full (I realized as Mordred's Outrage activated that I'd made a big mistake). I ended up eating 2 rage overdrives in a row, one unmitigated, but I managed to push through it with only one death. As long as I don't have avoidable timing issues like that, it seems like I can reliably clear the fight.

Fury
06-07-2017, 03:15 PM
I've posted my stats,
I've been doing the standard raid and stacking up some loot.
I'll probably only have enough loot to exchange for one item, which item do you recommend?
I also have a level 25 Sephiroth as my Eidolon
I tried expert and need several elixirs to pass so i'm sticking to standard unless you have any suggestions, if you need more info i'll be glad to help. thanks

~Fury~

Aidoru
06-07-2017, 03:28 PM
I have no idea what himes and eidolons you are using with a set up like that.

Fury
06-07-2017, 04:18 PM
I have no idea what himes and eidolons you are using with a set up like that.

I just have it autoset to wind for ixion, after reading this thread i realize theres a better setup i should be using, I've screenshotted my squad, any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Would like to be able to take down the expert level with your suggested setup, thank you.

TNinja
06-07-2017, 04:28 PM
I've posted my stats,
I've been doing the standard raid and stacking up some loot.
I'll probably only have enough loot to exchange for one item, which item do you recommend?
I also have a level 25 Sephiroth as my Eidolon
I tried expert and need several elixirs to pass so i'm sticking to standard unless you have any suggestions, if you need more info i'll be glad to help. thanks

~Fury~

make all weapon into same color you can get the weapon from dissaster raid and exchange material.

- - - Updated - - -

make all weapon into same color you can get the weapon from dissaster raid and exchange material.

I meant by same colour. The green colour.

jazz154
06-07-2017, 04:46 PM
I just have it autoset to wind for ixion, after reading this thread i realize theres a better setup i should be using, I've screenshotted my squad, any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Would like to be able to take down the expert level with your suggested setup, thank you.

I don't really know if you will be able to take expert down without dying if your power is below 15k. Probably not. So my suggestion would be to get stronger by leveling up weapons and eidolons that you are using to at least level 10. If possible replace that normal and rare weapons with SR or higher. (You have chance to get SR weapons from raids if you are the one who discovered it, was mvp or vice mvp. Also if golden chest drops.)

TNinja
06-07-2017, 04:55 PM

get the eidolon, all eidolon except ssr is bad so collect them don't lmb them but use all duplicate and equip them it will give tons of boost for you still weak

Aidoru
06-07-2017, 05:06 PM

I'm sorry to say but I can't really see that happening with only a bit more than a day left. You have the himes to do it but they are all low level and only 1 or no break limit on them. If you had Cu, Maeve and Cybele at at least 2/4 or 3/4 breaks and leveled with a better weapon/eidolon set, you probably would been okay with expert. Sadly, with today being water SP quests, break limiting those 3 won't be happening today even if you have the money to spend farming and farming weapons from raid bosses is very random.

You can try to just grind levels (from standard or whatever) if you have elixirs to spare and try again after leveling them but honestly I would just focus on doing what you can clear, get stronger and try harder on the next event, which you'll really want to put effort into if you go wind as its a wind event with a pretty good wind eidolon.

If you can only grab the weapon or the eidolon from this event, get the eidolon, it's more useful as you can use the eidolon as a sub-eidolon for any team until you have a proper set of fully limit break SSR eidolons.

Fury
06-07-2017, 05:18 PM
Hah, yeah I realize I'm pretty late to the show.

I appreciate everyone's help!
I'll continue to have a go at the standard ixion raid and grab the SSR eidolon.

Just to confirm,
The SSR book or SSR weapon that is available isn't as useful as the SSR eidolon?

Once again, thank you.

~Fury~

Edit: What does LMB mean and what is the disaster raid event?

TNinja
06-07-2017, 05:23 PM
I'm sorry to say but I can't really see that happening with only a bit more than a day left. You have the himes to do it but they are all low level and only 1 or no break limit on them. If you had Cu, Maeve and Cybele at at least 2/4 or 3/4 breaks and leveled with a better weapon/eidolon set, you probably would been okay with expert. Sadly, with today being water SP quests, break limiting those 3 won't be happening today even if you have the money to spend farming and farming weapons from raid bosses is very random.

You can try to just grind levels (from standard or whatever) if you have elixirs to spare and try again after leveling them but honestly I would just focus on doing what you can clear, get stronger and try harder on the next event, which you'll really want to put effort into if you go wind as its a wind event with a pretty good wind eidolon.

If you can only grab the weapon or the eidolon from this event, get the eidolon, it's more useful as you can use the eidolon as a sub-eidolon for any team until you have a proper set of fully limit break SSR eidolons.

I don't get it why people ignoring exchange material weapon for wind after i see its attack power now i get it. This game really harsh when letting people get what they want without luck and gacha.

Aidoru
06-07-2017, 05:24 PM

Just to confirm,
The SSR book or SSR weapon that is available isn't as useful as the SSR eidolon?

Once again, thank you.

~Fury~

SSR book? I'm assuming you're talking about the grimoires. They are used for break limiting SR and SSR himes. The only SSR weapon is the Ixid Blade.

You'll want to use weapons with the same element as your himes or they won't get the skill bonuses, so using a thunder weapon with a wind hime is still doable but you won't get the additional damage from the skill bonus as they're not thunder himes. So you want to keep all your weapons the same element as your current hime party.

Eidolon on the other hand, you only need your main to have a passive to match your team, the sub eidolon can be whatever you want.

Fury
06-07-2017, 05:31 PM
SSR book? I'm assuming you're talking about the grimoires. They are used for break limiting SR and SSR himes. The only SSR weapon is the Ixid Blade.

You'll want to use weapons with the same element as your himes or they won't get the skill bonuses, so using a thunder weapon with a wind hime is still doable but you won't get the additional damage from the skill bonus as they're not thunder himes. So you want to keep all your weapons the same element as your current hime party.

Eidolon on the other hand, you only need your main to have a passive to match your team, the sub eidolon can be whatever you want.

Roger that, so because I have an SSR that is wind I should build the rest of my quad around wind.

What does LMB mean and what is the disaster raid event?
My apologies for all of the questions, I just started last week.

Thanks,
~Fury~

AgentFakku
06-07-2017, 05:34 PM
yeah, I need grimoires too but don't have much left over

Aidoru
06-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Roger that, so because I have an SSR that is wind I should build the rest of my quad around wind.

What does LMB mean and what is the disaster raid event?
My apologies for all of the questions, I just started last week.

Thanks,
~Fury~

I'm guessing that's actually suppose to be MLB or MBL which people have been using for "max limit break" or "max break limit". The term itself is break limit but I've see a lot saying limit break.

Disasters are the name of regular raid bosses, not the event one. The ones you unlock after clearing the first area in the story. It's basically just Wind Disaster, Thunder Disaster, Dark Disaster, etc. You should make sure to run these when you can as they drop SR weapons of their element that you'll want to get for strengthening your team. Also break limit materials.

The next event will be a raid event, which have been much easier than advent events as you can call for help and have other players help defeat the boss for you. They can be a lot more grindy though.

Fury
06-07-2017, 05:45 PM
I'm guessing that's actually suppose to be MLB or MBL which people have been using for "max limit break" or "max break limit". The term itself is break limit but I've see a lot saying limit break.

Disasters are the name of regular raid bosses, not the event one. The ones you unlock after clearing the first area in the story. It's basically just Wind Disaster, Thunder Disaster, Dark Disaster, etc. You should make sure to run these when you can as they drop SR weapons of their element that you'll want to get for strengthening your team. Also break limit materials.

The next event will be a raid event, which have been much easier than advent events as you can call for help and have other players help defeat the boss for you. They can be a lot more grindy though.

Alright thanks for the answers!
So for now I'll try to grind out standard ixion for the SSR eidolon, and I'll build my group around wind and level up my wind based SR and above weapons, thanks again everyone!

~Fury~

Edit: Just realized I can get the SSR eidolon, I have extra material, what else should I get ?
I have
Special Armor fragment: 24
Shard of thunder: 3
Mechanized blade: 1,
Ixid core: 3

Thanks!

QXZ
06-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Edit: Just realized I can get the SSR eidolon, I have extra material, what else should I get ?
I have
Special Armor fragment: 24
Shard of thunder: 3
Mechanized blade: 1,
Ixid core: 3

Thanks!

read the first post in this thread. your next priority is probably the weapon gacha ticket, if u can get it in time.

Aidoru
06-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Well, if anyone ever needs to use it as reference, I recorded most of my drops, kinda stopped after it became tedious. Don't have much in beginner, standard and expert so they're not the most accurate, like I never got a plat chests from expert despite you can, I just never ran it enough and RNG.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KLHEdVYhEYdEqdZeD2faYlYyWP5b9QhllEbj42EDF00/edit#gid=1184038590

TNinja
06-07-2017, 08:31 PM

Just to confirm,

Once again, thank you.

~Fury~

Edit: What does LMB mean and what is the disaster raid event?

disaster raid is the boss elemental battle at the first island.
LMB mean limit break since you need fire power removing SR eidolon as many as you can is top priority so just put as many as ixion in your eidolon slots but if you can obtain 3 or 4 make them has one limit break each ixion.

gottesurteil
06-08-2017, 12:11 AM
Quick question. As we're approaching the end of the Advent, I have a choice between getting the final break limit for the Ixid Blade (meaning it will be MBL), or I can get Ixion herself to 1-shy of MBL - so 3/4 broken. That would bring her passive up to 30% Thunder Dmg/25% Burst Damage, and up her max level up to 85.

The thing is, I have a Takemikazuchi already broken once (35% Thunder/Wind/Dark Dmg) so no matter what she's inferior. Considering I've heard it said multiple times that the end goal is a full set of MBL SSR Eidolons, is getting her to 3/4 worth it? She's still not max, thus not 'endgame material'. Contrast that with the Ixid Blade, which I could MBL, thus ensuring it's usefulness.

Other pertinent info - still relatively a noob, so I don't have a mono-element team (yet), and it might or might not be Thunder. But still, a MBL SSR weapon is good regardless?

TL;DR: Should I MBL the Ixid Blade or get Ixion to 3/4 broken?

UnregisteredNinja
06-08-2017, 12:24 AM
Quick question. As we're approaching the end of the Advent, I have a choice between getting the final break limit for the Ixid Blade (meaning it will be MBL), or I can get Ixion herself to 1-shy of MBL - so 3/4 broken. That would bring her passive up to 30% Thunder Dmg/25% Burst Damage, and up her max level up to 85.

The thing is, I have a Takemikazuchi already broken once (35% Thunder/Wind/Dark Dmg) so no matter what she's inferior. Considering I've heard it said multiple times that the end goal is a full set of MBL SSR Eidolons, is getting her to 3/4 worth it? She's still not max, thus not 'endgame material'. Contrast that with the Ixid Blade, which I could MBL, thus ensuring it's usefulness.

Other pertinent info - still relatively a noob, so I don't have a mono-element team (yet), and it might or might not be Thunder. But still, a MBL SSR weapon is good regardless?

weapon because can give 6,5% skill and maximum 16% boost in skill increase for your thunder tea,. eidolon you can get anytime anywhere.

jazz154
06-08-2017, 03:44 AM

Depends. Will you or will you not use thunder team? Because if you won't, then getting weapon instead of eidolon is just a waste. And as for if it is worth getting eidolon to 3 stars... I am still using Apocalypse that only have 2 stars. So it will be usable.

Besides it's not like you need to exchange it right away, the event shop is not going anywhere and you can decide it at later date.

Aidoru
06-08-2017, 07:34 AM
In that scenario, I would choose the fully break limited weapon over the 3/4 eidolon. Reason being that Ixion isn't particularly good if you don't ever plan to use a thunder party. Her battle buff increases thunder damage, which is near useless for every other team. Unless you're using a eidolon that she can replace by a notable difference in hp/atk, going the weapon would be better in the long run as long as you plan to level up a thunder team, even if just on the side. Going Ixion would be better in short term but she'll most likely be replaced much faster in anything outside of a thunder party as she most likely won't provide any use.

If you were still a new player then I would have suggested the eidolon but seeing as how you can gather enough materials for that much, I would assume you can already handle expert and possibly ultimate.

sanahtlig
06-08-2017, 08:58 AM
5/8 on Ragnarok. Mordred method was reliable and most of the time I didn't have to deal with a Rage overdrive. Rather, the move that absolutely had to be countered was the normal overdrive since the single-target damage is so high. Gaia reliably counters that, but filling your frontline with Cybele and Brynhildr would've also worked, though somewhat less reliably. There's a lot of things that can go wrong in this fight, as the boss can deplete the Burst gauge and most people won't be able to endure a full rage phase without using Burst. This can occur because of timing issues with the Overdrive meter or simply because the Burst meter hasn't been filled when Rage commences, potentially punishing those with higher DPS. Both can be somewhat mitigated with skills that affect the Overdrive meter, such as Raphael's, and the latter can be managed with dizzy (which has the side-effect of making timing issues more likely).

Unregistered
06-08-2017, 11:57 AM

You're doing the opposite of mine. I MLB the ixion and spend the rest for the ticket and prolly will get 250 soul points.

TNinja
06-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Since i'm still very new.

Unregistered
06-09-2017, 05:57 AM
I could only get 2 copies of the SSR sword before it said i already owned it-even though it was showing me the required mats to get it and i had them.