PDA

View Full Version : Please change the contest time counter

zarelion
05-28-2017, 03:21 AM
The counter for the remaining time is so confusing, several time I have been waking up collecting rewards while I thought I still had a day ahead.

Please either leave all the zeros. 00:04:00:12 for 4 hours and 12seconds left or add the label for each digit 00 days 04 hours 00min 12 sec.

That's made even more confusing with the previously mentionned problem that the days can be displayed instead of the hours.

Thanks for reading that, we all appreciate the effort you put into making the game better.

- - - Updated - - -

see?

Greetingz
05-28-2017, 05:40 AM
The bar below says more then enough, it's not 2 hours.

soviras
05-28-2017, 08:17 AM
The bar below says more then enough, it's not 2 hours.

It's a bug that has been reported a few times already, it only exists because of very sloppy coding and it's not excusable that it still exists... Even if you can see its more than 2 hours by using the bar as a reference, it should be fixed... There being another way to tell does not make it so that the bug doesn't exist, especially when it influences every timer including buff items of which some appear to have a 3 hour time limit instead of 3 days.

Let's make it even easier to fix, this is the function that causes the problem:

function time_show(seconds) {
var txt = '';
seconds = Math.round(seconds);
var day = Math.floor(seconds / 86400);
if (day) {
txt += (day < 10) ? '0' + day : day;
txt += ':';
seconds -= day * 86400
}
var hour = Math.floor(seconds / 3600);
if (hour) {
txt += (hour < 10) ? '0' + hour : hour;
seconds -= hour * 3600
}
var minute = Math.floor(seconds / 60);
txt += (minute < 10) ? '0' + minute : minute;
seconds -= minute * 60;
txt += (seconds < 10) ? '0' + seconds : seconds;
return monospaced(txt)
}
This is the fixed one that shows hours if there's 1 or more days in the timer:

var txt = '';
if (day) {
seconds -= day * 86400
}
if (hour || day) {
seconds -= hour * 3600
}
seconds -= minute * 60;
return monospaced(txt)
}

The only thing that needed to change was adding "|| day" to the hour part... There is no excuse to not fix the bug part of it. This didn't even take 10 seconds to change... Always showing the hours/days or not is ultimately up to the devs, but this should be fixed like any bug.

Also Greetingz, why are you always so rude lately to people who point out problems? Just because you don't mind it or there is a way around it, it doesn't mean the problem isn't there... If someone doesn't like something, it's pretty much expected by now that you come and try to shoot them down... You are the wiki maintainer and the discord manager, as you proudly declare in your signature, but that also means you are part of the games representatives even if it's as a volunteer. You should pay more attention to how you come across, because it doesn't leave a good impression when someone in your position goes around acting like other people aren't allowed to have issues with things you don't have issues with and even insulting people.

The way you replied here gives the impression that you don't acknowledge the problem, despite part of it being a very obvious bug, and even blame the person who reported it for not using the bar to judge the remaining time. A better way to have worded it could be "The bar below can help you tell how much time there is left, it shows there is more than 2 hours remaining.", which would still get the point across but wouldn't seem like you are looking down on the person as much.

Greetingz
05-28-2017, 03:23 PM
It's a bug that has been reported a few times already, it only exists because of very sloppy coding and it's not excusable that it still exists... Even if you can see its more than 2 hours by using the bar as a reference, it should be fixed... There being another way to tell does not make it so that the bug doesn't exist, especially when it influences every timer including buff items of which some appear to have a 3 hour time limit instead of 3 days.

Let's make it even easier to fix, this is the function that causes the problem:

var txt = '';
if (day) {
seconds -= day * 86400
}
if (hour) {
seconds -= hour * 3600
}
seconds -= minute * 60;
return monospaced(txt)
}
This is the fixed one that shows hours if there's 1 or more days in the timer:

var txt = '';
if (day) {
seconds -= day * 86400
}
if (hour || day) {
seconds -= hour * 3600
}
seconds -= minute * 60;
return monospaced(txt)
}

The only thing that needed to change was adding "|| day" to the hour part... There is no excuse to not fix the bug part of it. This didn't even take 10 seconds to change... Always showing the hours/days or not is ultimately up to the devs, but this should be fixed like any bug.

Also Greetingz, why are you always so rude lately to people who point out problems? Just because you don't mind it or there is a way around it, it doesn't mean the problem isn't there... If someone doesn't like something, it's pretty much expected by now that you come and try to shoot them down... You are the wiki maintainer and the discord manager, as you proudly declare in your signature, but that also means you are part of the games representatives even if it's as a volunteer. You should pay more attention to how you come across, because it doesn't leave a good impression when someone in your position goes around acting like other people aren't allowed to have issues with things you don't have issues with and even insulting people.

The way you replied here gives the impression that you don't acknowledge the problem, despite part of it being a very obvious bug, and even blame the person who reported it for not using the bar to judge the remaining time. A better way to have worded it could be "The bar below can help you tell how much time there is left, it shows there is more than 2 hours remaining.", which would still get the point across but wouldn't seem like you are looking down on the person as much.

As me being rude? This time I wasn't even rude, I pointed out that it doesn't look like 2 hours on the bar. Nothing attacking the people that made this post. I for myself have reported the display error couple times, without reply. Tho, personally I don't mind this kind of errors, it simply shows that people are still people. As for the bug part, I try things out to break the game, and once I found something I report it. My position doesn't increase what will be fixed by the devs. I'd assume they have important things to do, so they can't make time for small issues. As for if I offended anybody with my previous comment, I'm sorry about that.