PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about nutaku?

Unregistered
06-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Hello! So, personally i started playing a few days before idol wars Z was launched on august last year, and back then when i discovered Nutaku i was amazed and it was a magical experience. All these games with a "different" feeling from what i used to, plus, they had lewds? sign me up! When i started reading their blog, i thought that such a company was one made by gamers for gamers, and that they could do no wrong. When i first accidently discovered this forum while researching about cards for pero pero seduction, something i began to notice was that a lot of people in general had a "bad taste" when it came to Nutaku. I used to think they were probably just "salty" fans about some rubbish that wasnt really important, maybe they spent a lot and got no good drops, or maybe they just didnt like p2w games (something which as someone who used to be a f2p gone whale, i could understand). However, with time they did make valid arguments about how some games were handled poorly in comparison with their DMM counterparts. So my question for you guys is: What do you think about nutaku? Are they a good company or a poor one? Would you say they could do a better job or have you enjoyed their time so far? If you think they re bad, would you say the other companies they work with that own the games have to do with it? Im curious about your opinions to see whats up.

Hentaika
06-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Let's say it's better than if there were no english DMM games at all...
The western game part of it is kind of meh though..

For some it's more comfortable than playing jap games with google translated wiki, especially if you have no basic knowledge of japanese symbols at all.

For dmm games - the patch frequency is fine, especially if the game is popular on nutaku at least... I mean - DMM itself had those games patched/evented at almost same intervals in most cases. Most of the time we walk at the same slow pace japanese did while releasing the content without really catching up to them, so we will always be X time behind them on content, so it's still worth it to play on original server for more content if you wish to.

In my opinion there could be more 'catching up' done.. I do understand events need time - but between the events there is sometimes too much extra time left which could be used to slowly catch up with DMM.

sniddy
06-12-2017, 02:26 PM
I think FKG has run back to back events for months - so can't see catching up being an issue

...they've made some rather crappy decisions and often seem to be whale fishing, and a little more F2P love would help maybe

AgentFakku
06-14-2017, 06:16 PM
Nutaku isn't bad but meh at least, not enuff to deter me from playing since there are no other sites that offer games in a legit way

Games of Desire and Zone Sama whatever - I came from there and paid games before

After seeing Rule 34 used so many times in western games (for some reason, most don't even try to create their own original characters) I had a craving for actual Hentai since "western" hentai, paying on their games has a different system

for DMM games and Nutaku sporting from DMM games, paying usually goes towards premium units that actually help progress the game

for western games, I notice we don't get units. it's just for costumes/skins or more hentai stuff but it doesn't help you progress the game

makinaz
06-15-2017, 11:21 AM
Don't really care for them anymore. Things were great when they were bringing over DMM games, but all of them but FKG quickly turned sour due to mismanagement. Kamihime is on a good track for the time being.

But it seems the DMM days are over. Lately all we're getting are low budget, buggy as hell western made cash grabs. Seems to be a new era for Nutaku and I don't like it. If FKG ever goes under, I'm done with the site.

game2534
06-16-2017, 11:45 AM
After how poorly they treat customers in general and slow to fix bug. (Looking at you DraPro) I just play for the sake of playing. No new DMM games recently that pick on my interested. Right now I think FKG, KamiPro, DraPro and Aigis are the only DMM games that constantly stay strong. If they ever on chopping block... Heh I don't want to imagine the results.

Torajidi
06-20-2017, 07:03 AM
Weird mix of love and distrust for me.

I'm a huge, huge supporter of open sexuality, sexual freedom, sex-positive thinking, and any other way I can reword the exact same thought, so I absolutely love what Nutaku does for English-speaking/Western audiences. I love the fact that they support and promote sexuality in gaming, whether it be obliquely sex-based games or just games with some sexual content, and I really love that they're reaching out to and supporting developers who may be considering adding (or have already added) sexual content to their games... I just have to agree with a lot of the recent consensus about them on here, there's been a long string of terrible decisions lately, mostly in the form of this recent onslaught of low quality ripoff games with all the sexual content locked behind ridiculous paywalls and dialogue that makes even me, a self-admitted gigantic pervert, want to wash their mouths out with soap for how disgusting and shameless it is. I want to keep supporting Nutaku, and part of me feels like they won't be making these kinds of mistakes in the future as they grow... Assuming they don't put themselves under by replacing every good game on the site with a botched mobile game ripoff.

I can't hate them because their MO is something dearly important to me as a human being, as pathetic as that sounds, though admittedly if another Western company came along and did their work better, I'd jump ship in a heartbeat... And, yeah, like the last posters have said, I'm fucking out of there if they drop support for FKG.

game2534
06-27-2017, 10:35 AM
Well now with another DMM game on schedule to graveyard and it's only 6 months old, my opinion on Nutaku dropped even more than before...

sniddy
06-29-2017, 01:42 AM
They have mismanaged some games,

Senpro was paywalled up and a grindfest and by the time they loosened their grip most people had moved on - so it died of greed

X-over was odd, very grindy, and the cost of anything was far to high - I tried to stick it out but as I couldn't put the time or money into it I feel behind the curve - one of the events curb-stomped me so it was time to 'git gud' pay up or walk away - so it was not causal friendly and again whale fishing

Idol Warz, maybe wrong audience as Idols aren't that well known in west ? Very bright very colourful lots of 'noise' I kinda got confused and left, beyond that I hear it become a pay or be left behind - the 'free' idols never competed with the pay....

Other games I played

Pero - geared 100% towards long term players - breaking into the swing of the game would take lots of time, getting good lots more time, and it also was whale fishing - while I think another 6 months in I'd start doing OK on events - it's really hard for a newbie - you can break into the game and do OK within 8 - 9 months I think, but I didn't really enjoy the humour so wasn't gonna spend the time. Some nice art mind :-/

Army girls/white mofo(sp) - ramped up difficulty early, wasn't hugely enjoying either so tapped out quickly- art style in army girls was off, and I wasn't gonna put the time in, Mofo - confusing story, weird ideas and looked like I'd need to devote time agian, art ws meh, so again left

Fap - I got nothing out of it playing for a few hours, and felt like a spectator more then a hero - seemed heavy pay motivated

Pussy saga - The paywall - too greedy and bad clone of a good game

I still play FKG, Moe and Harem Heroes, mostly the other 2 as fillers

Over all Nutaku need to focus a little more on causal play, and free to play - IMHO - but they obviously want the whales

Unregistered
07-02-2017, 12:17 PM
All i can say, from playing most of the Nutaku games and being a F2p is that Nutaku is NOT a F2p friendly company, their vision is extremely focused on the p2win side, even the few succesful games like FKG, etc are NOT f2p..they are much more bearable than most of their other fail games, but strictly speaking they are not F2p friendly either.

With their current streak of opening and closing games in a flash, they give a feeling that they just want a quick cash grab, not learning from their past mistakes, for them us (fp2 dont exist) and paying/support players are just cash milking cows.

ZedWulf
07-15-2017, 09:42 PM
Trash company. They'll kill BGR and Aigis soon enough and then I'm out. We aren't even going to get more DMM stuff. Sucks cuz I've been around since day one, they used to be a lot better.

acheter
08-02-2017, 04:47 AM
In my opinion there could be more 'catching up' done..

Icemanfrost
09-11-2017, 06:35 AM
The website is pretty fun. I didn't think the games would be that interesting. Some are really fun. Some I can tell try to be interesting but are so so and some I've been played for over a year now. I can tell some games go through graphics updates. I feel like the prices could be lower. I see some games cost 60 bucks. I love games. It would have be really good to be past 40 bucks.

Unregistered
09-17-2017, 09:49 PM
Not entirely sure how I feel about them. Most of the download games I'm sort of irrelevant towards, since I bought all the ones I was interested in when they first came out from JastUSA or Mangagamer. Handful of 'em are first-run on this sight, but none of those have been terribly impressive, and at least 1 was censored with no disclaimer, so I'm very cautious about my purchases here now. (also many Yuri, which I have 0 interest in)

Still quite dissapointed Taimanin Asagi Battle Arena got (presumably?) cancelled. It's artwork has always looked real nice. (It was announced what, 2 years ago? then quickly dropped off the map.

Crystal Maidens and the throne CCG seem to have decent artwork, but looks like Crystal Maidens may have fallen into the same hole as TA: Battle Arena.
(Most of the westerns games, IMO, have very MEH art.)