PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Rarer Eidolons

Kidincred
06-06-2017, 05:33 PM
I don't know of any guides or hints or even knowledge of how to collect rarer Eidolons.
By this I mean the 'beefed up' versions of lesser ones, such as the Big Maneater (what I'm currently trying to get).

Does anyone have any information about them?

Aidoru
06-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Man that misclick when trying to click reply to topic...

The only thing I can think of what you're talking about would be N and R eidolons as they share the same name for several. Aside from that there are no 'beefed up versions of Man Eater'. Not sure where you got that idea in the first place.

List of R Eidolons - http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?R%E5%B9%BB%E7%8D%A3
List of SR Eidolons - http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?SR%E5%B9%BB%E7%8D%A3
And SSR Eidolons - http://xn--hckqz0e9cygq471ahu9b.xn--wiki-4i9hs14f.com/index.php?SSR%E5%B9%BB%E7%8D%A3

Kidincred
06-06-2017, 06:20 PM
The only thing I can think of what you're talking about would be N and R eidolons as they share the same name for several. Aside from that there are no 'beefed up versions of Man Eater'. Not sure where you got that idea in the first place.

Episode 7: Dark, Looming Shadows
Chapter 4

The final enemy in it is "Big Maneater", which I would like to collect.

I've noticed that there's beefed up versions of the Dragoons (the Kaiser Dragoons) as Eidolons so I thought that, maybe, the Big Maneater and other such "beefed up versions" that are encountered through the story may be collected?

I defeated one in a different chapter, it was like Will-o-Wisp but dark type and had the lower body of a horse as an attachment. It dropped me a weapon that was clearly unique to it, by them sharing the same name (I used it as an enhance material and I can't find its name on the internet, so I'm plum out of luck there to give hard evidence), so that initially prodded my intent to find these 'rarer versions' of common enemies.

Pretty sure that was a later chapter, but I wasn't just rushing through the stages at that point, and actually paid attention to details.

CBW
06-06-2017, 06:36 PM
If the quest bosses drop eidolons at all, it is a rare drop (gold or higher). It would mean farming these events enough to either get the drop of have enough assurance it never will. Maybe use an alt? Sounds wasteful.

Kidincred
06-06-2017, 07:41 PM
If the quest bosses drop eidolons at all, it is a rare drop (gold or higher). It would mean farming these events enough to either get the drop of have enough assurance it never will. Maybe use an alt? Sounds wasteful.

I prefer to play a bit casually/collective than competitive/super-productive because I tend to burn out when I do the latter. ._.
More importantly, it's not entirely a waste, because I still want to get Sephiroth and to do that I first need the conchs to drop from that chapter, so even if I'm incapable of getting the Big Maneater I can at least get Sephy.

Still want a Big Maneater though, I mean it's already an enemy in the game, why not have it as a collectible Eidolon?

I've checked various wikis and they clearly have holes in their informations, I have common Eidolons that they don't have pages for, so it remains a possibility that the Big Maneater exists. At least, y'know, until a developer comes in here and says one-way-or-the-other.

- - - Updated - - -

This here is what I speak of. The Big Maneater.
I hope to collect one.

sanahtlig
06-06-2017, 08:07 PM
I don't know of any guides or hints or even knowledge of how to collect rarer Eidolons.
By this I mean the 'beefed up' versions of lesser ones, such as the Big Maneater (what I'm currently trying to get).

Does anyone have any information about them?
Method to collect multiple copies of useful non-event eidolons:
Spend money on Gatcha until objective is achieved.

Kidincred
06-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Method to collect multiple copies of useful non-event eidolons:
Spend money on Gatcha until objective is achieved.

A viable option, if I wasn't the only member of my Union and want the Wind guardian. =w=

Unregistered
06-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Still want a Big Maneater though, I mean it's already an enemy in the game, why not have it as a collectible Eidolon?

I've checked various wikis and they clearly have holes in their informations, I have common Eidolons that they don't have pages for, so it remains a possibility that the Big Maneater exists. At least, y'know, until a developer comes in here and says one-way-or-the-other.

As someone who regularly farms that stage for drops when there's nothing going on, I can say for sure I've never seen a big maneater drop. It would have to be incredibly rare for me to not have gotten one if it existed.

Kidincred
06-06-2017, 11:29 PM
As someone who regularly farms that stage for drops when there's nothing going on, I can say for sure I've never seen a big maneater drop. It would have to be incredibly rare for me to not have gotten one if it existed.

Really? What a shame. A real missed opportunity. I wonder, do the developers take suggestions?

AgentFakku
06-07-2017, 01:37 AM
yeah, we even get a Gorilla for Eidolon