PDA

View Full Version : How important is it to have a mono-element team? (noob questions)

gottesurteil
06-06-2017, 10:36 PM
Thanks in advance! Long post is long. So, I consider myself a noob to this game, joined at the tail-end of Rahab. That being said, when I do something, I do it hardcore, which is why I'm now rank 50 (lol). However, I didn't really peruse the forums... at all, and so I'm actually finding myself utterly lost by what 'everyone' says I should have done. Frankly, the whole idea of re-rolling for those free SSRs or whatever the purpose was would never have occurred to me.

So here I am, barely managing to do the Ultimate (only with good borrows) and was looking for more info, 'cause knowledge is power after all. And BAM - I learn about these re-rolling strategies, but frankly I don't want to lose the progress I have. So I have some questions for the user base here:

1) How important is it to have a mono-element team?

By this I mean I've just been leveling and MBL-ing all the Kamihime I can, and as a result my teams are all decent, but of course with a severe lack of SSRs and SRs. Considering I've been leveling virtually every SR weapon and higher I can find, I haven't gotten the pinch yet, so I'm still in good shape. I mean, should I ignore all weapons but one element?

2) If i do want to switch to getting a mono-element team, what should be the minimum?

For me it'd be probably be fire, mostly due to the Crom event. I have a metric ton of the 'useless' R Kamihime, enough to fill any team if necessary, but of the SR Kamihime i have (including the story ones) 2 Thunder, 2 Dark, 1 Light, 1 Wind, 2 Fire, and 1 Water. That being said, I have 2 SSR Kamihime, Acala (fire) and Sol (light). I figure Sol can go anywhere, right? Which makes my probable mono-element team fire. Does that make sense?

Due to the Crom event, I have several SR fire weapons at MLB, and alas, weakling that I am, Crom and the SSR Hammer are both 1 shy from max. Plus, I got Acala along with her fire glaive SSR (though it's unbroken).

3) Can someone please explain what the 'offensive' and 'defensive' weapons term being thrown around is? It sounds important lol. I have been leveling only based on SR or SSR really.

3a)Can I get some clarification on the weapon skills?

Specifically, how much they count for. Like a R wind axe will give 'Wind Character ATK^', and a SR wind sword will give 'Wind Character ATK^(+)', and then SSRs have two plusses (++). Can those be converted into numerical values, or do I have to just know that a SR is 'a little better than a R, but not as good as an SSR'? Also, how does leveling those skills (not weapons) affect them. My SR wind sword has Wind ATK (+), but it's lvl 4. How do weapon skills work?

4)So if I DON'T make the 'minimum' to aim for a mono-element team, seriously, how do people unlock more SSRs?

I keep hearing how wonderful Gaia is or whatever, but re-rolling aside, with this ridiculous number of SSR Kamihime that are released, it doesn't seem feasible for people to only deal with their starting few. My question basically is; how does one progress in this game (outside of the events)?

5) I read from another poster that 'in 12 months your choice won't matter [because you can get all the SSRs you missed]. I'd like some clarification on that. Do events return? Or am I forever barred from getting Garuda or Apocalypse from months ago? (much less the evens I did 'attend' but couldn't max).

Any help would be appreciated!

jazz154
06-06-2017, 11:28 PM
Oh boy, that's one long post. Let's go in order then.

1. This game is all about stacking bonuses (weapon grid, eidolons) to boost one element. To show you example: On dark disaster raid my wind kamihime from wind team (garuda 40%, friend garuda 35% and bonus from weapons grid ~22%) were doing 12-13k dmg while brynhildr who is just sticking in as healing support was doing 5-6k. There also is difference between elemental bonus and character bonus on Eidolons. Elemental bonus is better than character bonus, if bonus from your weapon grid is more than 40%. Because they are counted differently.

So if you can assemble one element team, then you should do so. If not then at least go for dual elemental team (like fire/dark, wind/water, that eidolons support)

2. Sol can go anywhere, she is great. I was calling my water team a "team" when I had only 3 water kami's... soooo... 3 of single element?
Since you have more than that I see no reason why not to go with fire team. Unless your fire SR and R really suck, then I would consider dual element or something else.

3. Defensive and offensive weapons? No idea, unless it's referring to weapon skills, which brings us to
3a. How much they count? Lvl 1 R = 0,5%; lvl 1 SR = 3,5%; lvl 1 SSR = 6,5%. Each skill level is 0,5%, which means that Rare max out on 10%, SR on 13% and SSR on 16%.
Weapon skill are called x assault and x defender. X being their elemental name which also takes their rarity into account.

4. Luck. Luck and money, or only money if you have it more than you will ever need and want to use on something stupid. That's basically how you get SSR kamihime.
There are sometimes things like guaranteed SSR gacha once per account (so far was only one, no idea if they will reset it like premium half price 10 draw(they will probably do it)) plus there might be something like "choose your SSR" ticket, no idea though if game will last that long but looking on how it fares so far I would say that chances are high that it will.

5. The advent events do return, Apocalypse will soon be returning if they didn't change anything. But as far as I know raid events don't return. So Garuda and Apocalypse? Yeah, they will return. Jorm? Probably not.

Aidoru
06-06-2017, 11:30 PM
1/2) If you're going to focus on anything but dark or light, you need to focus on leveling at least 2 separate mono teams or you'll have hell trying to deal with events that is strong against your team. You'll want at least one main team to handle most content and the other to be able to do the event your main team is weak against. So lets say in your case you main fire, you'll want a thunder team to deal with water events, though doesn't particularly need to be thunder. If you go dark or light, it's less of a problem.

Regardless, you have 6 party slots, doesn't hurt to just make a team of each element and fill up equips and himes as you get them. You can't exactly control what himes you get from gacha.

3) Assault weapons increase atk and defender weapons increase HP.
R is 0.5%, SR is 3.5% and SSR is 6.5%. Each goes up by 0.5% every skill level.

4) Fully break limit all your used units and weapons. Get a full/proper SSR set for eidolons and weapons. Maxing out weapon skills. Max out all souls. +99 all your units. Etc. SSR himes are not required. They can help a lot but if you waste your time rerolling like some people have, you're gonna permanently miss out on many things like event only himes (every raid event has one), weapons and eidolons, while you still always have a chance of getting gachapon himes with jewels.

5) There will be Revival events. Advent events will happen again and occur in pairs. Raid events on the other hand I don't believe have gotten any reruns, neither do union events. If following DMM route, we will have Apocalypse and Phoenix revival together in 2ish weeks after the event after Ixion and the Garuda/Ixion 15 events after that.

gottesurteil
06-07-2017, 12:05 AM
Thanks for both of those posts; they really help clear up some issues. Bring up a few other questions, of course, but these are much easier!

1) 'following the DMM route' <---- what does this mean? I assume it means by following what the game was originally like in Japan, but not sure.
2) I assume max skill level of weapons is 20 then? Seems like that would take a long time to get there. I have saved all the chalices i got from the Crom event - I assume that's how you level them beyond any reasonable level?
3) Aidoru mentioned that there were event only himes, and that every raid event has one. I was there for Crom, and I got Balor from that event - is that the type of hime you're talking about? But NOT the Aphrodite that was thrown in the jewel/gold gacha right? Those are still in the gacha?
4) What's a Union event, and how should I prepare for it (if it's missable)?
5) Jewels are easy to find in the beginning, but later on they're much more scarce, right? Should I be using them for the gacha or for stamina refresh pots?
6) When I autoset my teams, it treats higher attack power more importantly than weapon element. Take wind for example, I have a MLB R axe (from gem gacha, don't ask haha). Is it worth putting in the wind team's roster over something with more power? As in, does the wind% stacking matter more than straight attack power? A wind axe with a few hundred less power or a dark item that benefits no one, but stronger hp/atk?

Thank you both for the answers so far.

sanahtlig
06-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Acala, Sol, and Brynhildr make an excellent base to build a Fire team around. You should be able to do most if not all content with that. Make sure you max Apocalypse when the revival comes up. But really, you should max all of those dual-element eidolons anyway to keep your options open.

Gaia is being hyped because she's the direct counter for this event. Sol is more versatile and desirable in teams of an arbitrary element. For Fire, you'd want Amaterasu to be 'optimal', but there's no use dwelling on that.

Aidoru
06-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Thanks for both of those posts; they really help clear up some issues. Bring up a few other questions, of course, but these are much easier!

1) 'following the DMM route' <---- what does this mean? I assume it means by following what the game was originally like in Japan, but not sure.
2) I assume max skill level of weapons is 20 then? Seems like that would take a long time to get there. I have saved all the chalices i got from the Crom event - I assume that's how you level them beyond any reasonable level?
3) Aidoru mentioned that there were event only himes, and that every raid event has one. I was there for Crom, and I got Balor from that event - is that the type of hime you're talking about? But NOT the Aphrodite that was thrown in the jewel/gold gacha right? Those are still in the gacha?
4) What's a Union event, and how should I prepare for it (if it's missable)?
5) Jewels are easy to find in the beginning, but later on they're much more scarce, right? Should I be using them for the gacha or for stamina refresh pots?
6) When I autoset my teams, it treats higher attack power more importantly than weapon element. Take wind for example, I have a MLB R axe (from gem gacha, don't ask haha). Is it worth putting in the wind team's roster over something with more power? As in, does the wind% stacking matter more than straight attack power? A wind axe with a few hundred less power or a dark item that benefits no one, but stronger hp/atk?

Thank you both for the answers so far.

1) Yes, DMM is the JP one. DMM is the site that hosts the Japanese version most of the nutaku games come from.

2) Max weapon skill level is 20. Chalices aren't needed to level up weapon skills but they help as they're basically equal to double (not exact value) that of a regular weapon..

3) Correct, I am not talking about premium gacha. There is a SR hime obtainable every raid event. We've had 3, Heimdall (Wind), Gabriel (Water) and Balor (Dark).

4) It's the 3rd type of event this game but I don't play the DMM version so I can't say how it works. Looking at the JP wiki, I would assume it's more or less the same as current events but it tallies up each players score (PP and clears) in the union to a total that needs to be reached to unlock certain rewards.

5) Don't use jewels for potions other than on Ragnarok in Advent event, not Raid event ones. Advent Ragnarok you can only run once a day, whether you clear or fail. Of course you should only use it if you really need to and know you can clear after one, you can only use one per battle if memory serves me correct so if you lose again you just wasted jewels. Aside from that, the only other thing outside of gatcha you should spend jewels on is increasing your weapon/eidolon inventory size.

6) Auto-set doesn't factor in weapon skill, it only factors in total value, so you may be losing potential damage depending on the skill level of the dark weapons.

jazz154
06-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Adding to what Aidoru said.

6. You won't want to have R weapons as secondary ones, they are just too weak and even at 20 skill level they should be worse than SR of any other element. The only case where you will want to use R weapon would be to use it as main weapon, if you don't have have already SR weapon of your element that your souls can use, since it change element of your soul which also change element of extra hit of burst.

Of course it's assuming that SR and R weapons are max limit broken and at max level.

Sighto
06-10-2017, 05:39 AM
Never re-rolled. Has Sol AND Acala. This is just a stealth humblebrag topic, isn't it?

gottesurteil
06-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Haha, sorry no, it is legit. If it makes you feel better, my only SSR eidolons are Takemikazuchi.... twice. Would much rather have something befitting a different element. And until I got Sol, who admittedly is apparently one of the best SSRs, I had nothing. There's a long list of things I wish I knew back when I started, and as a result I've wasted a bunch (holy crap, I got rid of like 5 'extra' Fire Assault weapons back during the crom event), but as you've rightly noticed, with Acala and Sol i'll definitely be ok.