PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on my next legendary soul unlock

Skarfang81
06-09-2017, 06:33 AM
Just musing on my own thoughts here a bit but having the choice between Mordred and Joan of Arc which one would people unlock?

I have every other Legendary soul already except for Mordred, Joan and Solomon, and was lamenting a good defensive soul on the last event so I was leaning towards Joan, just wondering what I would miss out on the wait to get Mordred if I do unlock Joan first (all my element parties are around 34 - 36k ATK and I find Sieg already great for Rage control).

Also 2nd question - just wanted to check whether or not any other Legendary souls are close on the horizon I should save for instead?

Thanks for any replies.

Aidoru
06-09-2017, 07:48 AM
Up to you, both are useful in their own ways. Can always just wait til the event and see who will be more useful then.

And there is one more soul coming out that you can unlock with soul p and that's Hercules, who should cost 600. There will be 2 new sets in the future but they don't use soul p to unlock.

HoroBoro
06-09-2017, 08:01 AM
I unlocked Mordred first and didn't regret it. It enabled me to do Ragnarok without elixers - though unreliabily - only got 7 cores at the end - I think 5/8. I don't think I would have gotten the same results with Jeanne though she's my next unlock. Black propaganda was key for that fight.

sanahtlig
06-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Decide based on how much you need the extra abilities. Some people need Joan's skill to reach -50% ATK debuff. I didn't, and I knew I'd need Black Propaganda for Ixion Ragnarok, so I unlocked Mordred first. I haven't looked ahead since I no longer need to (all legendaries unlocked except Solomon), but the next challenge will be Apocalypse and Phoenix Ragnarok. Look into those fights and see what abilities will be needed. As I recall, Apocalypse inflicted a nasty string of debuffs with her rage overdrive, while Phoenix gains self-healing and def/atk buffs with her overdrives. I predict high amounts of downtime in the Phoenix fight if that attack pattern stays the same, though Black Propaganda would allow you to get more turns in between breaks.

Skulkraken
06-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Does Ragnarok Apocalypse inflict any debuffs that might stop skills that clear status effects?

sanahtlig
06-09-2017, 10:06 PM
I looked up Apocalypse Ragnarok just now, and it appears that her overdrives don't inflict status effects. Instead, her raging overdrive inflicts 5k+ damage per hit with attack debuffs applied, and hits multiple times. Mordred is recommended for the fight.

QXZ
06-10-2017, 07:03 PM
in general i think mort > joan.

defensive and healing souls are bad because their usage is limited to situations where you are taking a lot of dmg. which is less and less likely as you progress upwards.

sanahtlig
06-10-2017, 09:16 PM

defensive and healing souls are bad because their usage is limited to situations where you are taking a lot of dmg. which is less and less likely as you progress upwards.
Have fun trying to solo Expert event raids without at least 2 strong healers. Then try it on auto-battle and see how that goes.

Burningpriest
06-10-2017, 09:22 PM

Hmmmmmm. Take Andromeda with ATK+ ability from Gavain. And you have DEF+ And ATK+ Abilities 1600 heal each 5 rounds. Ressurection. All other stuf you will take from another kamehimes.

jazz154
06-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Hmmmmmm. Take Andromeda with ATK+ ability from Gavain. And you have DEF+ And ATK+ Abilities 1600 heal each 5 rounds. Ressurection. All other stuf you will take from another kamehimes.

Why would you take atk+ when you have so many better options to pick from? For example def debuff from the same Gawain.

Have fun trying to solo Expert event raids without at least 2 strong healers. Then try it on auto-battle and see how that goes.

I did auto battle both experts Crom with only Nike as healer... But fire is weak to water so... I guess it depends? I would say at least one strong healer is required for party, 2 if you want to be really safe. I really hope that I will get Aphrodite someday....

AgentFakku
06-10-2017, 10:11 PM
still behind in locking souls. Haven't started on the legendary ones.

think I had 3? a witch, Asmund, and Achilles