PDA

View Full Version : The Trainee of the Cannoneer School event guide

ZeroZet
06-14-2017, 05:35 AM
Good timeofaday, brave Princes! It is that time of the week, and so we are getting ready to greet a new girl into our har... I mean army.) This time it's a cutie fresh from the education, so let's ...

lolix
06-14-2017, 08:24 AM
great work zero. good guide again

Taiketsu
06-14-2017, 09:34 AM
I got a question. I got Zola at 50cc60 and -2up so i was wondering should i aim for Kanon or stay with Zola?

JSmith12
06-14-2017, 11:12 AM
"My cannon has gone crazy! Please stop it from exploding...!" - Kanon while holding the cannon with an eight year old's body

Hmm, I knew there was a reason I liked her over on DMM.

A wonderful guide as always, thank you! And also thank you for clearing up Curse Users, I have never understood them for the longest time. Though they sound (and look) nice, I don't see them having much use over conventional units. I wonder if anyone can offer a hypothetical situation for their use?

ZeroZet
06-14-2017, 12:02 PM
I got a question. I got Zola at 50cc60 and -2up so i was wondering should i aim for Kanon or stay with Zola?Right now, I feel Zola with that much cost reduction is better. But you should still attempt to bring Kanon to serviceable state, as her skill awakening looks pretty interesting, and feature itself should be implemented any time soon (like, yesterday, actually ;) )

Though they sound (and look) nice, I don't see them having much use over conventional units. I wonder if anyone can offer a hypothetical situation for their use?Hmmm... err... maybe when you don't quite have enough ehp to block that mithril golem? Or your tank is facing three mid-bosses and isn't armored enough to take on them all / your healing is not enough to keep up? Something like that, probably...

JSmith12
06-14-2017, 01:43 PM
Hmmm... err... maybe when you don't quite have enough ehp to block that mithril golem? Or your tank is facing three mid-bosses and isn't armored enough to take on them all / your healing is not enough to keep up? Something like that, probably...

Something along the lines of an assist boss killer? Hmm interesting, makes seem more appealing now. Probably late placement then to just help sweep. Would the assassination chance still be counted though? You mentioned how only non-assassin-able (new word?) units like Majin won't be affected by their skill, so I am wondering how the chance element works.

AgentFakku
06-14-2017, 04:37 PM

3 star everything cept last map

just gotta figure how to tweak it after seeing Poor Troopers, key Kii, VP Games w/ my units

ZeroZet
06-15-2017, 01:09 AM
Would the assassination chance still be counted though? You mentioned how only non-assassin-able (new word?) units like Majin won't be affected by their skill, so I am wondering how the chance element works.100% chance on all who are not outright immune, and are low enough on HP, AFAIK. DMM goers feel free to correct.

Tenhou
06-15-2017, 09:21 AM
I'll put it bluntly - curse users are one of the least used units on DMM. The instakill does not work on high end bosses, they do not really pack a punch, and if you are able to bring a golem or similar to that low health anyways you're not really that great off with getting a curse user just to "finish off the last" as opposed to just having another good damage dealer to bring it down faster in the first case.

As for the attack reduction it is honestly not that impressive. She takes up a slot that can be used for other things and if you want to aim to get her to tank high level stuff you might as well pray you get a proper tank that can handle it instead.

All in all, they're too niche so no one really uses them.

JSmith12
06-15-2017, 11:13 AM
I'll put it bluntly - curse users are one of the least used units on DMM. The instakill does not work on high end bosses, they do not really pack a punch, and if you are able to bring a golem or similar to that low health anyways you're not really that great off with getting a curse user just to "finish off the last" as opposed to just having another good damage dealer to bring it down faster in the first case.

As for the attack reduction it is honestly not that impressive. She takes up a slot that can be used for other things and if you want to aim to get her to tank high level stuff you might as well pray you get a proper tank that can handle it instead.

Well...at least there pretty? I'll just add them along with Avengers as units too niche for proper use but have nice designs.

It's a shame really, there is a nice concept there but it needs some love.

Nero010
06-15-2017, 12:35 PM

Sadness, cause she looks great.

AgentFakku
06-16-2017, 09:57 PM
seems badass looks ≠ good statz lol

Tenhou
06-17-2017, 02:43 PM
My Kanon's now 6/10 with max CR at CC67. Should be able to get 3 more copies before monday to raise her to 70 to be ready for AW.

Started doing the 1k demon subjugation. First try 5 slipped through but on second i managed 1k and on third i managed it more consistently.

starburst98
06-18-2017, 12:57 PM
i think it's pretty cute that percis' wheels actually work. as in, her 'walking' animation is her just taking a wide stance and her wheels carrying her.

lolix
06-18-2017, 02:09 PM
and...i#m done with this event on both accounts. Max cr , 5/6 skill level

starburst98
06-18-2017, 08:43 PM
blarg, i'm at -2 cost and 3 skill. so many dud fusions ;-;

AgentFakku
06-18-2017, 08:53 PM
i think it's pretty cute that percis' wheels actually work. as in, her 'walking' animation is her just taking a wide stance and her wheels carrying her.

dat was Percis

shit, never knew, she does look cool!

ZeroZet
06-19-2017, 05:40 AM
-5/+5, CC70 from 3s+1u feeding. That went well enough)

AgentFakku
06-19-2017, 11:43 AM
2 Craves wanna get more but I should grind for Ertel since she doesn't pop up in events due to her being in TP

anyways, got 6 Kanons

haven't done the CRing yet, she gets the Plat Treatment so tomorrow, grind for Plat Fairies

Grimmiq
06-19-2017, 03:28 PM
Terrible event for me, got 2 CR on 1st 2 fusions, nothing ever since, so 10+ fusions with only skillups. Usually try for mincosting, but if it continues this way it might take dozens of SC, I guess I'll wait for revival and try again. Need to save my SC again after burning all of them last event.

Arkinum
06-19-2017, 04:58 PM
Final result: 3 starred all missions for once.

Kanons stats 7/10, limit value.

Went really well for me.

MalusCorvus
06-20-2017, 12:17 AM
Well...at least there pretty? I'll just add them along with Avengers as units too niche for proper use but have nice designs.

It's a shame really, there is a nice concept there but it needs some love.

Indeed - I like the concept of debuffers, but unfortunately when you can only deploy so many troops at once, you need to prioritize the essentials. And too often, I barely have slots for the essentials.

As for Kanon, however... I've managed to get 11 copies of her! Is that enough? Probably not, if I wanted to max her skill and mincost her... but it's pretty good. Now I just need 24 Platinum armors to fuse the 8 spares I still have...

AgentFakku
06-20-2017, 12:39 AM
dang, didn't get any Ertels in the end

had some blank runs lol5219

Unregistered-JK
06-20-2017, 05:25 AM
Could you help me?
My Kanon is 7/10, mimimum cost. (level 23)
But i also have Zola - skill 2/5, -2 up. (level 47)
They are both pre-evolution.

I know there was similar question here, but i'm still undecided.

Unregistered
06-20-2017, 05:27 AM
Level before ecolution doesn't matter, but i made mistake in my post - Zola is lvl 23, Kanon lvl 47.

lolix
06-20-2017, 07:31 AM
zola is probably more versatile since she can turn into a mage if she cant deal with the armor of a certain enemy , but in terms of pure cannoners , kannon is better IMO

AgentFakku
06-20-2017, 12:00 PM
zola is probably more versatile since she can turn into a mage if she cant deal with the armor of a certain enemy , but in terms of pure cannoners , kannon is better IMO

sweet words!!!!!!!

MalusCorvus
06-20-2017, 08:59 PM
I've actually Awakened Zola so my need for Kanon isn't too pressing, but as usual I like trying to make event units useful since they often have interesting skills.

Ramazan
06-30-2017, 05:36 PM
Kanon do only cannoneer's job.
Zola can do both mage and cannoneer.
Kanon does better cannoneer than Zola.

Btw gonna be late but got my 8/10 mincost kanon at the end of the event.