PDA

View Full Version : "New" upcoming game: Armor Blitz

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Myrdin
11-14-2017, 04:12 AM

Oh wow !
Thank you RnJesus. I already gave up on getting her, being mildly salty about the whole thing.
As a thank you I shall sacrifice 10 000 gold pieces for gamble on one of my 5* emblems :D

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 06:01 AM
Dear Armor Blitz devs,

Fuck you.

Sincerely yours,

Someone who cleared all invasions and never got a copy of the 5*

unknown68
11-15-2017, 06:18 AM
And that's the issue with making event rewards dependent on bs RNG. Many people will be satisfied, but the rest will be pissed enough that they are likely to rage-quit. Will game devs ever learn? Find out next time n Dragon Ball Z.

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 06:54 AM
I cleared all the invasion tiles and never got her either...but I'm not pissed about it. It's stupid to rage about RNG not going your way, because nobody was promised anything more than we got...a chance. And besides, this was not even an event to begin with, just a character introduction. She's still out there to be built in your factory slots or to be purchased for cores.

You. Lost. Nothing.

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 07:40 AM
Hmm im simple F2P guy and have a question. Is it worth to build 4th factory slot or spend cores on gacha?

WhatIconceal
11-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Hmm im simple F2P guy and have a question. Is it worth to build 4th factory slot or spend cores on gacha?

I suggest you go for factory slot (4th is must have imo), it'll help you a lot in early-mid game, but it all depends on your luck. I'm never lucky with gacha and rng in general, so i went for factory (but still haven't got any 5* from it lol). If you know you're lucky then go for gacha.

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 10:49 AM
I'd recommend the exact opposite.

Grab 4* off the blueprints to buff out early forces.
Pick up 5*s from monthly, blueprints, events and what not over time.

Save your cores for Events to roll guaranteed 5*s.

Not even any reason to get 4th now that Events or Random can give 5*s.

WhatIconceal
11-15-2017, 12:41 PM
I'd recommend the exact opposite.

Grab 4* off the blueprints to buff out early forces.
Pick up 5*s from monthly, blueprints, events and what not over time.

Save your cores for Events to roll guaranteed 5*s.

Not even any reason to get 4th now that Events or Random can give 5*s.

Spending BPS on 4* is a waste since you get like 1 4* every 2 days from factory. And all of them eventually will be replaced by 5*.
BPs are only for 5*.

There are reasons to get 4th slot as factory is basically like a f2p gacha using common materials and can give you high tier units.

Still it's all up to rng.

Saving cores for events is a good idea, I've completely forgot about that.

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 01:15 PM
I opened up the fifth factory slot the other day. Not a single regret, because now my base is completely finished. There's always the option to spend cores in the store later if the events don't suck them all up, and all the while I'll still be cranking out new tanks in the factory for basically free...in fact, I just put two 4*s into production while I was composing this post.

The store is a fool's bet for FTPers, even at the 'generous' 3% feature rate.

Zandel
11-15-2017, 03:42 PM
I opened up the fifth factory slot the other day. Not a single regret, because now my base is completely finished. There's always the option to spend cores in the store later if the events don't suck them all up, and all the while I'll still be cranking out new tanks in the factory for basically free...in fact, I just put two 4*s into production while I was composing this post.

The store is a fool's bet for FTPers, even at the 'generous' 3% feature rate.

I can't recommend the 5th factory slot simply because 2700 cores is such a high cost for so little reward. But the 4th slot is a must, be aware that it will likely take you 600-700 builds to get a 5* out of the factory on average but with all the 4* you will get that 4th slot is well worth the investment.

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 05:16 PM
It's a 25% increase in the amount of factory builds, which in turn means a 25% increase in your factory 5*s.

Forever.

Compare that one-time cost to blowing 2700 cores on the 3% chance of getting a featured 5* at the store, after which you get nothing.

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 07:49 PM
It's a 25% increase in the amount of factory builds, which in turn means a 25% increase in your factory 5*s.

Forever.

Compare that one-time cost to blowing 2700 cores on the 3% chance of getting a featured 5* at the store, after which you get nothing.

No idea about others, but I reached 2700 cores near the start of Halloween event and I ended up trading for the guaranteed 5* 3 times instead during that. Sure 5th slot is forever, but as a player who started with launch and has had 4 slots for a long time, I've still only ever made 1 5* from factory.

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 08:04 PM
I spent cores on the Halloween event too...but I'm not willing to spend them on the pitiful chance at the store like the original question asked.

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 08:15 PM
*shrug*

IIRC I made two full pulls with cores. I got 1 5*. (on first of the two pulls)

I've gotten 0 5* from my 4 factory slots in all the time I've been playing.
-however-
I'm currently sitting on 2 and a half 5* tanks worth of blueprints, a significant number of which have come from recycling junk gotten via those factories.

So I disagree that factories are better than pulls to get a 5* "straight out". However, they are better than pulls to get blueprints, which can be used to get certain 5*'s. (Reason I have so many blueprints is so far since I got 3k there hasn't been a 5* tank available via research I want/need.)

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 09:49 PM
And I've had two 5*s from my factory, but I admit that's not statistically significant. The sample size we're working with is so small, and the 5* odds also so small, that there's no way to compare success rates for either method without many, many more months worth of data. But the bottom line is that you get the best probability of gaining 5* tanks by taking the most chances you can. That's not done with four factory slots plus once every month or so when you have enough cores to spend at the store. When I opened the fifth slot I increased the number of chances I can take by 25%.

On a totally different topic, is anyone else having trouble getting the new event mission to start?

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 10:32 PM
And I've had two 5*s from my factory, but I admit that's not statistically significant. The sample size we're working with is so small, and the 5* odds also so small, that there's no way to compare success rates for either method without many, many more months worth of data. But the bottom line is that you get the best probability of gaining 5* tanks by taking the most chances you can. That's not done with four factory slots plus once every month or so when you have enough cores to spend at the store. When I opened the fifth slot I increased the number of chances I can take by 25%.

On a totally different topic, is anyone else having trouble getting the new event mission to start?

I had to clear my browser cache, clearing the cache in the games settings wasn't enough.

WonderWaffle
11-15-2017, 11:01 PM
So to elite Tessa (T95) high chance you will need to buy from shop with cores for the last one in exchange shop. Even the harvest package is rng as its 2-4 corns LOL

Unregistered
11-15-2017, 11:12 PM
Unclear, I got 2 cornucopia's in the first 2 tiles, none in the next 2. Seems to be random, and lowish odds.

Zandel
11-15-2017, 11:46 PM
What Level is everybody else getting for the mission in this event? Is it based on commander level again or something else?

Also I got 1 Corn in the first 2 tiles.

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 12:00 AM
What Level is everybody else getting for the mission in this event? Is it based on commander level again or something else?

Also I got 1 Corn in the first 2 tiles.

Not sure, it's starting at lvl 35 for me, which seems pretty high. Pretty much completely rules out newbie types from doing event tiles if that isn't affected by commander level, though I expect it may still be possible for them to get enough feathers (20,000) from regular maps to get at least a single copy of the event unit.

(I'd guesstimate 35 is probably relatively close to the average level of my active squad, but my commander is 45. Unlike last event though, the fight actually *felt* lvl 35ish.)

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I'm up to map 20 and I've gotten 2 cornucopias. I will definitely get some more maps done as I only lost one tank on map 19, but the drop rate seems to be very low, considering we only get seven resets. I see three major problems. First, the basket doesn't have a set amount of them, so you could end up with four for 250 cores while someone else could have to spend 500 cores to get that same amount. Second, the low drop rate and the variable nature of the basket both keep anyone from planning how many cores they will end up needing to spend. Third, this information is vital because with two baskets available per day there are only a total of four to eight cornucopias available for purchase per day. If on the last day you're five cornucopias short and your two available baskets only contain two corns each, you're fucked. And you're also fucked if you spent too many cores on baskets because there's nothing else on which you could spend the corns.

With ghosts/bat wings we knew after the first day how far we'd be able to get each day, and plan our core spending appropriately. But now someone could spend cores and still not get the third copy, and that is a big motivator to actually NOT spend cores. I have no idea why they changed this.

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 12:14 AM
Great, new firefox quantum wont load armor blitz at all.
Had to switch to Chrome just to get it loaded.

First reaction, they cant do story, at all.
It has never been good, but seeing no improvement since launch in it is impressively bad.

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 12:24 AM
Scratch that. Had to clear cache AND all browser data to load in Firefox Quantum.
Getting real tired of that nonsense.

Other games manage to do updates without having to scorched earth wipe the browsers.

Zandel
11-16-2017, 01:38 AM
I get the same, 35+ by tile 6 or so it was my commander level of 45 looking like it will be lvl 49-50 on the last tile.

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 01:55 AM
I get the same, 35+ by tile 6 or so it was my commander level of 45 looking like it will be lvl 49-50 on the last tile.

Doubt I'll get much past stage 25 (that tile is all lvl 47). Did the math, my average tank level is 33.5. I get to the enemy commander, then uncontested enemies just start destroying my tanks as they are all occupied just slowly chipping away at the commander.

Dnik
11-16-2017, 04:43 AM
I get to the enemy commander, then uncontested enemies just start destroying my tanks as they are all occupied just slowly chipping away at the commander.

This is why I utterly loathe maps that have a heavily armored enemy commander. Sending out units to reinforce past a certain point just strings your forces out into a helpless mess. It's a big 'ol "Fuck you, eat the repair costs" for your front line tanks, and kinda a dick-ass thing to add into a difficulty-ladder based event with repair costs enabled. All you can do is let your front get wiped out and hope you have a good enough reserve to defeat the resulting enemy death ball.

Zandel
11-16-2017, 04:53 AM
Doubt I'll get much past stage 25 (that tile is all lvl 47). Did the math, my average tank level is 33.5. I get to the enemy commander, then uncontested enemies just start destroying my tanks as they are all occupied just slowly chipping away at the commander.

That is what Arty-chan from the last event is for... she can 1 salvo any boss almost, I get HTs and MTs to the boss then drop her and as soon as she is in range open up. Sure I lose some of the frontline troops but i'm up to mission 34 right now. Second last tile and all are lvl 48. With that 1 day 18 hours left to reset, even if I lost 90% of my tanks each fight from here on out I should still get to and complete 40/40 missions. Unless the last tile has something odd about it.

The new enemies that start appearing at mission 29+ are a bit annoying tho. MTs called Myrmidons that must have good pen or hit like trucks because they hit my HTs for 250-350 when they have 250-300 armour on!

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 11:45 AM
Has anyone received more than two cornucopia yet? A hard limit of two per reset would be a really shitty thing for the devs to do.

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 11:56 AM
I only have one so far, am on the last two tiles now...

WhatIconceal
11-16-2017, 12:16 PM
So here's my results so far.

-25 stages of PoC gave me 1219 feathers + 216 x 6 = 1296 feathers from invasions, 2515 total; estimated 26667 feathers by the end of the event;
-1st event tile lvl 37 (lieutenant lvl 47);
-Cleared 8 event tiles (32 stages), got 5 corns so far (stage 1 (tile 1 map 1), stage 3 (til 1 map 3), stage 22 (tile 6 map 2), stage 26 (tile 7 map 2), stage 28 (tile 7 map 4));
-Lost a couple tanks here and there, mostly because of wrong skill/deploy timings.

Overall seems not very hard event (at least for me), both 5*s from previous event are very useful here. Early maps has enough holes in enemy defenses and weak commanders so rush with satan works perfect there, later has heavier defense and tanky commander so panzerwaifu really helpful.

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 01:00 PM
Well, it's good at least to know that there isn't a hard limit on Corns, but that means the drop rate is really, really, shitty.

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 01:27 PM
Turkey boss on last map tiles for those unaware.
Also gives +2 drumsticks instead of +1 at least on lvl44.

Myrdin
11-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Got to tile L51. The Reavers or what the name of those Mecha Walkers, are quite nasty but not unbeatable if you have lot of Armor Pen. TD.
Its worse if the AI spawns one or two while your tanks are hammering on the enemy Heavy fckn Tank commander.
The problem I see so far is if you want the extra copy, you´ll need to hope for good luck on those turkey wraps or wtf are they. Not even worth throwing your cores at it in the exchange shop due to the random, low value.

Kinda dissapointed that there is not 5* tank included in the event shop. Just a random 5* emblem, and I wont risk that one to turn out to be a shit like rotation or something. Guess just keep on hoarding those Cores for Xmass.

Zandel
11-16-2017, 03:28 PM
I have had 7 corns in the first 7 tiles, so average of 1 per tile. Not a bad haul. Did the math by the way, if you are capable of clearing all 40 missions then you only need 21k feathers to complete the event and buy the third copy from the shop. With the average of corns being say 5 per full run of 40 missions (and it seems to be more then that for most people) you will have 35 by the end of the event without spending a core.

All in all i'd say this is not a terrible event. Especially seeing that the mission levels start at Commander level -10 and seem to end at commander level +4 or +5.

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 05:09 PM
Well, I hope your luck with the Corns gets distributed to the rest of us. It's not looking good so far.

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 05:10 PM
Where are you getting "for most people" from? Only one other person said they got a bunch, everyone else has only gotten 1-2. I'm on the last tile, still only one.

Unregistered
11-16-2017, 08:29 PM
Has anyone received more than two cornucopia yet? A hard limit of two per reset would be a really shitty thing for the devs to do.

I got 2 over the first 2 tiles, another 2 on the 5th tile.

General Snuggles
11-16-2017, 09:52 PM
Well, I hope your luck with the Corns gets distributed to the rest of us. It's not looking good so far.

So far 30 missions, 4 corn

Zandel
11-16-2017, 11:04 PM
Where are you getting "for most people" from? Only one other person said they got a bunch, everyone else has only gotten 1-2. I'm on the last tile, still only one.

According to discord and other forums the drop rate is not terrible for most people. By that I mean close to 1 per tile.

Unregistered
11-17-2017, 05:41 AM
I get that RNG is RNG, but there's some serious bullshit going on if there isn't a hard floor coded and it's allowed for people to go through the entire map and only get one Cornucopia while others (most others, even) get 'close to one per tile.'

WonderWaffle
11-17-2017, 10:44 AM
According to discord and other forums the drop rate is not terrible for most people. By that I mean close to 1 per tile.

quite a few over at discord had 1 or 2 drops completing the entire map so frankly high chance for us we need to buy from shop (shitty thing to do for devs)

Unregistered
11-17-2017, 10:51 AM
I get that RNG is RNG, but there's some serious bullshit going on if there isn't a hard floor coded and it's allowed for people to go through the entire map and only get one Cornucopia while others (most others, even) get 'close to one per tile.'

I have now beaten ALL maps, only got one cornucopia.

Myrdin
11-17-2017, 12:21 PM
I´ve got 5 out of the whole first wave reset. The low drops plus the fact that its not daily but every two days reset, plus the random drop chance for core purchased bundles.... like... I am not sure what to think about this.

Unregistered
11-17-2017, 02:41 PM
What you should think about this is 'fuck spending cores on this event...if they don't fix the drop rate it'll just have to be bounty redemptions.'

Spending cash equivalents on events is something that people who can't or won't clear the stages should have to do, not those who can put in the preparation and dedicate the time and effort to successfully clear them. Cores should supplement stage clearing, not the other way around.

Unregistered
11-17-2017, 10:00 PM
Meh. It's a freemium game. I don't particularly take issue if you have to spend $ to get the uber (i.e. 3rd for max evolution) version of the unit, as long as it's possible to get a version if you're prepared.

That said, I think they sort of blew it on the evolution. As I understand (haven't done it since only have dupes of 4* or less which aren't "keepers") you need all 3 to evolve at all, so getting only 2 (i.e. what the really prepared but not spender should be rewarded) doesn't really mean anything. Should have been like a first evolution if you get a 2nd, then a second marginally better evolution if you spend for the third.

The Vapors
11-17-2017, 11:41 PM
I have now beaten ALL maps, only got one cornucopia.

Same here. I didn't get any the first reset and was only aware of the EXISTENCE of cornucopias because of the icon with a huge goose egg next to it. I've gotten a grand total of one this reset and I'm about halfway through. I also didn't get the tank drop from the previous sorta-event and I've noticed a number of quirks in the game that make me think they're using some sort of severely bug-fucked pseudo-rng and ordered drop tables. EG - if you fail to upgrade an emblem with a 90% upgrade chance and then immediately try to upgrade it again you get a failure rate much, much higher than 10%, and it seems like you tend to get the same tank level doing rapid sequential builds in the factory. Of course without being able to see their code we may never know what they fucked up, but the first fuck-up was even using RNG instead of using a shuffle bag system on event critical drops. Also, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the new player retention through the last three events has been less than spectacular.

Unregistered
11-18-2017, 12:37 AM
Well, for what it's worth I'm *roughly* on target, getting 4 each day. They've been fairly spread across it though, and I've only been able to get up to the 8th/7th tile so far per reset.

I am slightly curious as to whether you need 20,000 points for the first bounty 5*, or 45,000. I suspect the latter.

Unregistered
11-18-2017, 01:14 AM
10.000 points for first bounty. Once those points are paid, the next opens up,
15.000 points for the second bounty (or 25.000 in total to get here)
20.000 points for the third (45.000 total)
and 35.000 for the last (80.000 total)

Clearning all maps once gave me 13.000 points.

Event tank is handed out at the 3rd Bounty.
So it will take me 4 clears to get that or 3 clears and some feathers, with everything else being a bonus.

Seriously. People expect way to much and want the elited version.

Problem with event is not the rewards, they are as usual generous if a bit random, but that it lacks some more and better story bits and better presentation all round, something that is a trademark problem of their approach to the game, seemly dont get that they need to juice things up, heck take a simply thing like the event girl. She is hidden under the bounty information ... O_o thats the opposite of what any game would want to do.

Unregistered
11-18-2017, 02:21 AM
We want the elite version because we can complete all of the event tiles, and that should be the reward for doing so. We shouldn't be prevented from getting the elite version while someone who can't...or worse, simply won't...do what we can do in the event maps can get it simply because they got lucky with the RNG.

This is not entitlement...we want to work for our prizes. We just want to get those prizes for which we put in the work.

Unregistered
11-18-2017, 02:39 AM
Seriously...they're now two for two on events actively discouraging progression in the game. The higher you were at the time of the Halloween event, the less maps you could complete, and therefore the less event currency you could earn because the commander/tank gap expands as XP is added. Now for this event being able to complete everything the event asks you to do means nothing at all if you don't have much better than average luck with the drops.

Zandel
11-18-2017, 02:47 AM
At least the corns drop rate seems to be holding steady, cleared 9 tiles and got 7 1st time, have cleared 7 tiles to far and got 6 so not a terrible drop rate at all. Glad that anyone capable of clearing all the maps can indeed get all three versions of this girl and eliting her. I was concerned when I saw the third currency required but now not so much.

MorningWoodSacrifice
11-18-2017, 04:01 AM
got 7 1st time, have cleared 7 tiles to far and got 6 so not a terrible drop rate at all.

That's too bad, you're missing the whole experience! You see, this is actually a subtle homage to the trail of tears. You're supposed to feel the pain and desperation of the Cherokee as your tanks are repeatedly struck down by the living embodiment of plague. Ache with the desperate hunger as they fail, repeatedly, to find a single cornucopia. Here, you can know the suffering of being stripped of your possessions and dignity by the treachery of the white repair man. Truly, by letting us experience a small piece of this suffering the event humbles us, and makes us thankful.

Myrdin
11-18-2017, 04:45 AM
Half way through the first map reset, gained 0 fcking cornucopias from it so far.
This is plainly retarded.

Zandel you lucky bastard you, seems like you got more than all of us here combined. But honestly, though ...
So far it seems highly improbable that most people will be able to get all 3 copies of the event tank. Not with drops like these.
Srsly, instead of Fucking RnG is it that big of a deal to hard program static drops, lets say 5 per map ? Coz then you have situations like these where some people get so much of it, they are not even able to believe the others who get totally F. over by RnG.

the treachery of the white repair man.

The repair chick is a latino/asian not white, take a proper look at her, and she aint a man. I get the satirical alegory I do, but fuck that rasist remark dude T___T

Unregistered
11-18-2017, 05:43 AM
We want the elite version because we can complete all of the event tiles, and that should be the reward for doing so. We shouldn't be prevented from getting the elite version while someone who can't...or worse, simply won't...do what we can do in the event maps can get it simply because they got lucky with the RNG.

This is not entitlement...we want to work for our prizes. We just want to get those prizes for which we put in the work.

Disagree with a fair bit of that. Getting the event girls, yes. Getting the elite, no. That last part should require cores (whether by cash or other work is irrelevant).
There is no standard in games that it should cough up the perfected version of an event unit in existence.

A few games do it, loads of others do not.

RNG will always be a factor in these games, the whim of "luck" drives consumption as it does in all types of gaming in the world, the extra roll, the chance of scoring big etc. But there is a fine line between RNG and too much RNG in games, agreed. But less RNG means more demand for cores to be put in, thats the trade off.

Zandel
11-18-2017, 08:15 AM
Half way through the first map reset, gained 0 fcking cornucopias from it so far.
This is plainly retarded.

Zandel you lucky bastard you, seems like you got more than all of us here combined. But honestly, though ...
So far it seems highly improbable that most people will be able to get all 3 copies of the event tank. Not with drops like these.
Srsly, instead of Fucking RnG is it that big of a deal to hard program static drops, lets say 5 per map ? Coz then you have situations like these where some people get so much of it, they are not even able to believe the others who get totally F. over by RnG.

The repair chick is a latino/asian not white, take a proper look at her, and she aint a man. I get the satirical alegory I do, but fuck that rasist remark dude T___T

Oh I believe, RNG is RNG after all. But when most people are getting 5+ per run then it's just bad luck for a few that we are seeing. Remember that only a small % of people who get average to good drops will post about them while almost 100% of bad drops will be posted about. Looking at other media, the drops are not that bad. You guys have just had some bad RNG rolls. You might end up with 10 from the next reset or something, of course it's also possible you get 5-10 over the course of the entire event.

That is WHY they have the option in the shop to purchase more. In case RNG fucks you over or you simply don't want to risk RNG to begin with.

Unregistered
11-18-2017, 08:27 AM
Wrong...I can rattle off dozens of games which allow work to suffice to get everything their events offer. In particular, an example from Nutaku is a prior Crush Crush event...they literally had a button called 'Fuck This Shit' to spend diamonds on things you either could not do, forgot to do, or just didn't want to do. They've since changed it to 'Insta-Finish' for their ongoing event but the reasoning remains exactly the same. Not a single thing in any of that game's events is paywalled beyond the FTPer's ability to complete.

If you are able to succeed at every gameplay situation they can throw at you, there is absolutely no reason that you shouldn't get the 'grand prize.' 'Consumption,' as you put it, is to make up for lack of success or sheer laziness. It is NEVER supposed to extend a giant, shit-covered middle finger they collectively pulled out of their ass to those who can wipe the floor with an event's challenges.

Microtransaction model games fail when consumption stops being for convenience and starts being required for full gaming experience. The small number of whales that are too hooked on the game to know any better are not enough to keep it going. Whales, casual spenders, and never-payers are ALL needed to keep a microtransaction game going. The game will never develop any new whales if the casual spending minnows get scared off, and those considering entering the ocean for free are simply told to fuck off.

Unregistered
11-18-2017, 08:29 AM
That is WHY they have the option in the shop to purchase more. In case RNG fucks you over or you simply don't want to risk RNG to begin with.

But even their shop option is RNG-dependent. That's more than fucked up...that's sadistic.

TiamatRoar
11-18-2017, 09:03 AM
Yea, not really sure why they had to make the shop option be random too. 2-4 is a deceptively nasty spread also, which I've come to realize after I brought two packs last night and only got two from each of them followed by only getting one drop of corn from the entire run for that day. Good thing I planned on buying several of those packs anyways for turkey drum reasons but the fact that I might not get the event tank anyways if my luck continues to be this terrible despite buying a bunch of those packs for other reasons is pretty nuts.

Unregistered
11-18-2017, 12:12 PM

"The white man" is a relevant historical comparison, and 'man' is used collectively to refer to any group of people, which includes women. That, and she's blond, has an off-color tan and... purple eyes? That's what we call 'racially indistinct'. You don't even know how much white man repair chick has in her. So much. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Don't treat 'white dudes' as a single tribal entity. That's a "watches too much fox news" understanding of racism.

Unregistered
11-18-2017, 01:33 PM
That's a "watches too much fox news" understanding of racism.

And this right here is a very juvenile understanding of racism.

Myrdin
11-18-2017, 01:58 PM
"The white man" is a relevant historical comparison, and 'man' is used collectively to refer to any group of people, which includes women. That, and she's blond, has an off-color tan and... purple eyes? That's what we call 'racially indistinct'. You don't even know how much white man repair chick has in her. So much. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Don't treat 'white dudes' as a single tribal entity. That's a "watches too much fox news" understanding of racism.

Sure. Btw, ever occoured to you, I might not be watching Fox News, or even live in the USA ? I mean it must have if you can make assumptions as these right ? Riiiiight...
Dont want to stir drama, just wanted to point out that one thing. Moving on.

Unregistered
11-18-2017, 03:28 PM
And this right here is a very juvenile understanding of racism.

You're categorically misinterpreting what I just said. Yes fox news overall is racially agendad since fear-mongering is their bread and butter, but that's not what I'm speaking to. I'm talking about it's sensationalism, tribalism and oversimplification of complex issues which is characteristic enough OF Fox News that they can be used to exemplify them. If that still twists you knickers then... sorry?

Sure. Btw, ever occoured to you, I might not be watching Fox News, or even live in the USA ? I mean it must have if you can make assumptions as these right ? Riiiiight...
Dont want to stir drama, just wanted to point out that one thing. Moving on.

I'm not assuming you watch it, and that's irrelevant to the point. It was a joking way to point out that "Fuck those Guy that killed all those people" is a fundamentally different statement than "fuck all Guys" since conflating those two points and getting righteously indignant on behalf of Guys is precisely the KIND of shit Fox News does all the time. Anyway I'm not dumping on you, just pointing out that you were reacting to a cosmetic connection to racism as if it were racism. Err... peace?

On Topic -
Does anyone else have serious issues with mouse responsiveness in this game? At times I can't pick a tank up, or I'll pick a tank up and not be able to put it down. Sometimes a special or artillery shot I was placing will release while I'm still dragging it to position, holding the mouse button down.

General Snuggles
11-18-2017, 07:04 PM
Hey guys,

I just landed my first T-95

Here's the specs for those interested.

Unregistered
11-18-2017, 07:13 PM
No, I'm saying that your characterization of FNC is so far off base that you can't have ever watched it for yourself and you just let other people tell you what to think.

But this is off topic, so if you want to keep jerking yourself off to your Rachel Maddow screencaps while you post garbage, you'll do it without my further participation.

IvanLedah21
11-18-2017, 07:44 PM
Uh... ignoring the random, totally unnecessary discussion on racism (come on guys, this is a message board for a H game, leave that political crap out of here)...

Personally, I see both sides of the "should/should not have to pay for perfect event unit. FKG makes it possible to get perfect event unit without spending, MWA did for some (others were literally impossible). What I REALLY don't like is the sheer RNG factor and how it even extends to the shop. There are 40 stages, and 7 runs through. IMO there should be at least 2 guaranteed per trip through, supplemented by buying if RNG doesn't work out/can't clear all stages and definitely should NOT have any RNG in the shop itself.

Incidentally, also disappointed in shop variety. Materials, cool. Joy is good. Honor is crap for the cost. No tank option. Limit of 5 Joys and 10 Materials means less incentive for spenders, not to mention no 5* Tank option REALLY drops the interest in spending extra.

Unregistered
11-18-2017, 09:08 PM
No, I'm saying that your characterization of FNC is so far off base that you can't have ever watched it for yourself and you just let other people tell you what to think.

But this is off topic, so if you want to keep jerking yourself off to your Rachel Maddow screencaps while you post garbage, you'll do it without my further participation.

Aww. Thanks, buddy. I was worried for a second I wouldn't have an example case. Yes, I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about. No one could ever watch Fox News and not see it for the glorious unwashed font of truth and reason that it is. I MUST be an idiot puppet of the liberal media! Clearly anyone who doesn't see this has been poisoned by the enemy!

Okay, okay let's be fair. Fox did let O'Reilly go, so that's like 40% less blatant racism right there.

Treadless
11-19-2017, 01:58 AM
So, new tanks available in the research lab now!

5+ Panther/M10 - Looks like it's claim to fame is that it's a cheap 3G to deploy. Fills the same role as the Super Pershing but beats it for cost effectiveness, in theory.
Active - Gain +50% damage, +35% armor, +30% evasion for 15 seconds.

4+ T-70 - Produces an area of effect that increases defense 25% for 20 seconds. Somewhat poor in raw stats compared to the M24Chaffee. Three G deployment.
Passive - Basic attacks inflicts a -8% armor debuff for 10 seconds, stacks up to 5 times.

4+ SU-152 - An artillery piece dressed up as a tank destroyer. Having both 50% base penetration and a blast radius of 5 on one tank is a solid combo, but costs 5G to deploy.
Active - Fires an explosive shell that deals 150% damage.

I'm unsure how quickly or frequently the active skills can be used.

Tomaa
11-19-2017, 03:10 AM
Guys, keep the nonsense out of game forums.

Myrdin
11-19-2017, 04:06 AM
Err... peace?

On Topic -
Does anyone else have serious issues with mouse responsiveness in this game? At times I can't pick a tank up, or I'll pick a tank up and not be able to put it down. Sometimes a special or artillery shot I was placing will release while I'm still dragging it to position, holding the mouse button down.

Sure, Cheers ! ;)
*lifts a mug of ale*

Yeah, I seem to have the same problem. Chrome is lagging the game hard, and the mouse response time is really bad.
In Firefox - well it recently updated to the "new" Firefox, and runs slightly smoother, but there are instances where I pick up a tank, drop it and instead of that tank a comlpetely different one comes out from the selection, or the commander throws one of his abilities.
This feels as if the moment between me hitting the mouse button, the game reading it and the response itself was dellayed. Like it selects a different action on the screen at the point where the mouse is presumably already holding my selected choice and dropping it on the battlefield.
Very annoying especially when it comes to harder maps, where the deployment order of your tanks, and the limited amount of you Commander abilities can make a big difference between repairing one, and repairing a whole bunch of tanks.

*I really dislike the armor style of the new girl, looks to much like a spider to me, but her stats seem solid. +30% Crit chance is nice. If you can get her critical up to 30%+ via emblems on base, than that really is nice, especially if coupled with attack speed emblems.
The Armor buff is.... weird, You would expect something like penetration, crit mult. damage, attacks speed or range to go as supplimentary for the crit chance. I am not fan of that particullar part of her active.

Uh... ignoring the random, totally unnecessary discussion on racism (come on guys, this is a message board for a H game, leave that political crap out of here)...

Personally, I see both sides of the "should/should not have to pay for perfect event unit. FKG makes it possible to get perfect event unit without spending, MWA did for some (others were literally impossible). What I REALLY don't like is the sheer RNG factor and how it even extends to the shop. There are 40 stages, and 7 runs through. IMO there should be at least 2 guaranteed per trip through, supplemented by buying if RNG doesn't work out/can't clear all stages and definitely should NOT have any RNG in the shop itself.

Incidentally, also disappointed in shop variety. Materials, cool. Joy is good. Honor is crap for the cost. No tank option. Limit of 5 Joys and 10 Materials means less incentive for spenders, not to mention no 5* Tank option REALLY drops the interest in spending extra.

This, exactly this !

General Snuggles
11-19-2017, 09:21 AM
Sure, Cheers ! ;)
*lifts a mug of ale*

*I really dislike the armor style of the new girl, looks to much like a spider to me, but her stats seem solid. +30% Crit chance is nice. If you can get her critical up to 30%+ via emblems on base, than that really is nice, especially if coupled with attack speed emblems.
The Armor buff is.... weird, You would expect something like penetration, crit mult. damage, attacks speed or range to go as supplimentary for the crit chance. I am not fan of that particullar part of her active.

To me she seems like a cross of a heavy tank and a Destroyer, I was thinking of adding a Speed Emblem, An Armour Emblem and a emblem like you suggested that would increase the critical multiplier some more. I would then have a Heavy Punching Bag that could deal out Punishment as well. Now my only problem is I now have a Maus that I won't be able to afford to deploy due to gear cost. I'll probably have to cycle her out the next level 5 that comes along.

TreadNaught
11-19-2017, 01:17 PM
Now my only problem is I now have a Maus that I won't be able to afford to deploy due to gear cost. I'll probably have to cycle her out the next level 5 that comes along.

The Maus looks like one of the only seven gear heavy tanks worth deploying since it's period of invulnerability is long enough to buy off it's deployment cost. My main problem with high deployment cost tanks is that by the time you're able to field a second tank you've been picked to bits by a half dozen Comets. A seven gear heavy just doesn't hold the line as well as a cheap heavy or defensive medium and a couple arty with Downfall.

Myrdin
11-19-2017, 04:06 PM
Second run of the map over. Didnt get any of the oh so cursed corns. Yeah, it unless the next map reset balances out for this with massive drop rate, getting the 3rd copy will no longer be viable. And being a random number for the bundle plus how she looks and what she does, I just dont care enough to drop cores on this girl.

Unregistered
11-19-2017, 05:26 PM
The Maus looks like one of the only seven gear heavy tanks worth deploying since it's period of invulnerability is long enough to buy off it's deployment cost. My main problem with high deployment cost tanks is that by the time you're able to field a second tank you've been picked to bits by a half dozen Comets. A seven gear heavy just doesn't hold the line as well as a cheap heavy or defensive medium and a couple arty with Downfall.

Don't forget you could instead deploy a 3 cost AMX-40 with her 10 seconds of instant immortality, compared to heavy tanks which have to be out for a while.

Unregistered
11-19-2017, 05:37 PM
In case anyone is wondering, the level of the event maps instantly updates instead of daily...I leveled up my commander on the first map and when I went back for the second map the level had increased.

TiamatRoar
11-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Second run of the map over. Didnt get any of the oh so cursed corns. Yeah, it unless the next map reset balances out for this with massive drop rate, getting the 3rd copy will no longer be viable. And being a random number for the bundle plus how she looks and what she does, I just dont care enough to drop cores on this girl.

Most people probably won't get that tank without core spending. I'd be surprised if anyone did, really. Sure, there are people who reported 4-7 cores on their first run, but I doubt that luck will hold for all 7 runs and it only takes one bad run to REALLY throw things off.

GammaMamma
11-19-2017, 08:14 PM
Most people probably won't get that tank without core spending. I'd be surprised if anyone did, really. Sure, there are people who reported 4-7 cores on their first run, but I doubt that luck will hold for all 7 runs and it only takes one bad run to REALLY throw things off.

Meh. Personally, I'm not spending any cores for the event. I care more about discouraging developers from anti-player practices than I do about getting some pixels.
Also, 400 cores to reset the Oregacha trail? Best joke I've heard all month.

General Snuggles
11-19-2017, 08:51 PM
I landed T-95 yesterday and at 7 gears to deploy, I'm now using her as a scout :) Not quite sure what else to do with her.

Thanks for everyone's feedback, I decided to keep using my Maus rather than replace her with the T-95, well until I get more 5s anyways :)

Unregistered
11-19-2017, 09:33 PM
Exchanging cores for RNGCorns is pointless, unless you're no more than two away at the end. Because if you need three and spend to get two, well...there's another 250 cores committed because of sunk costs, and fuck that shit.

Unregistered
11-19-2017, 11:20 PM
Anyone else have a comment on their website in moderation for days because it, while politely stated, was critical about the Cornucopia situation?

TreadNaught
11-19-2017, 11:41 PM
Anyone else have a comment on their website in moderation for days because it, while politely stated, was critical about the Cornucopia situation?

I doubt that's 'because the message was critical'... more like they just checked out for the holidays since there's precisely zero moderated comments on that page. That would be one of the several reasons I'm not a fan of systems that default to censorship, but I guess you at least know that no one is actively suppressing you. Yay?

Unregistered
11-20-2017, 12:37 AM
Thing is, I posted it the first day of the event as soon as we began comparing Cornucopia drops, when nobody should've been off for the holidays.

If they won't allow discussions about their posts, they shouldn't ask for comments.

TiamatRoar
11-20-2017, 07:04 AM
Exchanging cores for RNGCorns is pointless, unless you're no more than two away at the end. Because if you need three and spend to get two, well...there's another 250 cores committed because of sunk costs, and fuck that shit.

I mainly just exchanged the cores for the 250 bags for the extra drumsticks and feathers, myself, with "Getting enough corns to get the T-95" as a nice side bonus. That seems the best attitude to take for one who's willing to spend cores on the event, I think, although if you somehow fall short of getting it anyways in spite of that, that'll really suck regardless.

Unregistered
11-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Well, I did say that doing it for the purpose of buying Corns is pointless, which is not why you're buying the baskets.

Unregistered
11-20-2017, 12:01 PM
So where is everybody so far on the bounties? After this run-through, there are four resets left in the event. So far I've been 'saving' 30 drumsticks in case I do get the 30 Corns (so far I have 12/30...I'd feel really dumb if I did manage to get the Corns but didn't have enough drumsticks to exchange with them), so it's not as if I'm using my full stash here.

I've been running as many maps as I possibly can for feathers, and apart from using less than a drumstick's worth to fill out the rest of bounty one, I'm avoiding spending those as well (also reserved for exchange shop)...but at 11,398 it's still less than the 12,000 required for that.

To finish bounty four from where I am now (not including my reserve for the exchange shop), I'll need just over 193 additional drumstick-equivalents. I can get between 6-8 drumsticks for the remainder of the current reset, and between 36-38 drums for each of the remaining four resets, for a total of 150-160 drums. Call it 43 drums short as a worst case scenario. That leaves 12,900 feathers (plus the missing 602 for exchange reserve) to make up the difference. If I keep scouting for oil I SHOULD be able to get that in four resets.

It's all moot if I don't get the Corns, though...then I 'get to' spend the reserve on bounties at the last minute.

NuncleJunker
11-20-2017, 12:28 PM
So where is everybody so far on the bounties?

7 Cornucopias. Bought bounty 2 with drumsticks reserved. I make stage 8 easily enough, but I'm not wasting time pushing past that. Wreck my tanks for a near zero chance of return.

Unregistered
11-20-2017, 03:36 PM
10 cornucopias. One battle (not tile, battle) left for this reset. So that means 132 drumsticks, 15214 feathers, and 10 cornucopias right now.

Definitely not getting the corns. RNG's broke.

Unregistered
11-20-2017, 04:35 PM
Definitely not getting the corns. RNG's broke.

Nah, some people are, some people aren't. RNG is working as RNG does.

RNG just happens to be a dumb way of doing something like this. Game Dev 201: Only use RNG for something that you don't expect/want players to get. Because some players won't.

Unregistered
11-20-2017, 04:50 PM
That is pretty much the definition of "broke" that I'm using, "broke" as in bad design. :P

Unregistered
11-20-2017, 04:57 PM
Has anyone been able to actually engage with the devs on Discord about this? Every time I go there it's just random garbage about emblems people found or upgraded, sprinkled with a few 'nope, no Cornucopia this round' comments.

I suppose we're going to have to redefine 'cornucopia' from 'horn of plenty' to 'horn of not enough.'

TreadNaught
11-20-2017, 06:32 PM
Has anyone been able to actually engage with the devs on Discord about this? Every time I go there it's just random garbage about emblems people found or upgraded, sprinkled with a few 'nope, no Cornucopia this round' comments.

I suppose we're going to have to redefine 'cornucopia' from 'horn of plenty' to 'horn of not enough.'

I doubt they're unaware of it, but they won't acknowledging it as a problem. At least not yet. The point of the event from their perspective is to get people to purchase baskets from the exchange. See, we keep referring to cornucopias as if they're part of the event, but they're not. The event is the bounties. That's the hook for the SALE. The SALE is the exchange shop and the cornucopias are like coupons for the exchange shop you get as random event drops. Coupons exist to make people buy things they otherwise wouldn't because hey, they've got a coupon.

That aside, I wish I could re-run PoC maps where you accidentally kill too quickly and wreck your score with a low battle bonus.

Unregistered
11-20-2017, 09:04 PM
Ugh. Game cheats like a motherfucker. Enemy starts with a picket of bunkers more durable than your commander and then drops four goddamn Jagdtigers behind it. Their range is just nuts and they can kill anything in one or two shots while hiding behind the picket. Your arty's can't reach, because they're all distracted poking some enemy bunker off to the side. Game puts you in traction every loss and the enemy's cheesing it like Chester fuckin' Cheetah.

Zandel
11-21-2017, 04:02 AM
Just so you all know it's working as intended... I've had 7, 7, 7 corns for the first 3 resets so far. Seems to be close to a 20% drop rate or one per 5 missions you do.

Myrdin
11-21-2017, 04:33 AM
I have 7 all togather, from all 3 resets.
4 of which dropped on the first one, 2 in the second and 1 in the current last one.

Just plainly stupid this is.

Unregistered
11-21-2017, 05:30 AM
Just so you all know it's working as intended... I've had 7, 7, 7 corns for the first 3 resets so far. Seems to be close to a 20% drop rate or one per 5 missions you do.

That does not mean "working as intended," that means "You got lucky." It's definitely not a 20% drop rate. Probably closer to a 10% (at least assuming that their random number calculator isn't completely broken). Would be statistically very rare for someone to be able to go through all the maps in the event and get 0-1 drops at 20%-- much more plausible at 10%, and since it's happened to multiple people, that would suggest either a broken / streaky RNG or a lower rate.

unknown68
11-21-2017, 06:37 AM
Eleven corns so far with one more tile to beat before reset and all tiles cleared for previous resets. Hoping for at least one more in the next four battles to hit the "average" of four per reset. I'm hopeful because I feel like higher stages are more likely to drop corns, but I know that's likely superstition as I never had a drop after stage 20 in my first run. It's annoying because unlike Halloween I feel like I'm doing really well, but in the end its going to be some random algorithm deciding if the effort was worth it. If there were other nice things in the event shop that you could only get with RNG then so be it, but corns are ONLY for the third t95, and getting the elite tank is everyone's goal. I still like this event more than Halloween, but it's very far from perfect.

Unregistered
11-21-2017, 12:24 PM

A statement of subjective bias akin to standing in Siberia and declaring global warming a hoax because it's a bit nippy out.

Unregistered
11-21-2017, 12:31 PM
I have to disagree, one person getting 7-7-7 and others getting 1-1-1 IS "working as intended".

It's just the intent is to shaft people that get unlucky, to (hopefully) get them to use some cores to make up for for their bad luck. If the developers were feeling particularly predatory, they'd slant the odds based on how much money you've previously spent.

One of the reasons I have a personal rule to never pay for anything related to "RNG" in games. I don't know they aren't manipulating the RNG to try to get me to spend more once they know they've got a spender.

Unregistered
11-21-2017, 03:38 PM
If their goal was to incentivize spending, they'd get more people within one or two basket purchases of obtaining the goal, not make people say fuck it, I'm not spending 2,500 cores on ten RNG chances to only maybe catch up.

This is not working as ANYONE intended.

Zandel
11-21-2017, 04:26 PM
Ok so I forget that Sarcasm does not translate well on the internet. I know i'm an outlier in this and have been VERY lucky since the more research i've done the more it seems the actual drop rate is indeed closer to 5-10%.

I do wonder how I was able to get such a good drop rate tho, statistically if the actual drop rate is much less, then the chance of getting 7 three resets in a row is quite low.

Unregistered
11-21-2017, 06:51 PM
Low, but not zero (hooray statistics). The larger the sample size, though, the more it will tend towards average-- so if there were lots of people with 7-7-7- and a few with 1-1-1 then it would indeed seem to indicate a higher (20%) chance, but when it's skewed the other way that tends to suggest that the 7-7-7 is the outlier.

IvanLedah21
11-21-2017, 07:39 PM
I doubt they're unaware of it, but they won't acknowledging it as a problem. At least not yet. The point of the event from their perspective is to get people to purchase baskets from the exchange. See, we keep referring to cornucopias as if they're part of the event, but they're not. The event is the bounties. That's the hook for the SALE. The SALE is the exchange shop and the cornucopias are like coupons for the exchange shop you get as random event drops. Coupons exist to make people buy things they otherwise wouldn't because hey, they've got a coupon.

The problem with this logic is that events are the only way to reliably get an Elite 5* tank. By making the ONLY use for corns to be the 3rd copy, you put RNG into getting the elite tank. If I want RNG in my Elite 5*, I'll go pull in store.

Even worse is the fact that the shop option for corns is randomized, for even more RNG, which is a huge turn-off in itself.

All in all, IMO they need to make it clear whether events are meant to give a "free" (or almost free) Elite 5* or expect to pay for a perfect 5*. Right now it seems more to pay, except in this case a couple lucky people will get one for free.

And before anyways says that guaranteed Elite 5* is not the big draw of events, I'd like to point out that we get a free 5* every month by default for login bonuses so it's not just getting a 5* that makes events special, it's getting an Elite 5*

Personally, I think the last two tiles should guarantee a corn on the last map of the tile so those who can full clear don't STILL end up with 0 corns for the run. Guaranteeing you'll be at least half way there if you full clear every time seems like it would encourage a lot more spenders (since otherwise it's mostly the whales or the really lucky that will dump cores in)

TreadNaught
11-21-2017, 08:32 PM
All in all, IMO they need to make it clear whether events are meant to give a "free" (or almost free) Elite 5* or expect to pay for a perfect 5*. Right now it seems more to pay, except in this case a couple lucky people will get one for free.

Pretty much. I think if they just owned up to that people would be less aggravated. I'm just saying I think that's what they were going for, but then they sold the idea poorly... and yeah making the shop cornucopias random was dumb. Making it a 100% variance was extra special sauce dumb.

And before anyways says that guaranteed Elite 5* is not the big draw of events, I'd like to point out that we get a free 5* every month by default for login bonuses so it's not just getting a 5* that makes events special, it's getting an Elite 5*

Eh, they're also event tanks. There's a sort of 'limited edition' quality to them for people who care about that. Though I'll admit that Elite isn't a huge draw for me. It'd be something if tanks got an extra emblem slot or something from it, but it's like a 9% atk/hp boost? Meh. Turkey gurl's going on the back burner until I get my regular squad leveled anyway.

But see, I'd actually enjoy a small event for a single regular five star as long as it wasn't a RNG train-wreck. That's actually kinda what PoC is.
I like PoC. They done good with blueprints.

... did they do a 'glazed' or 'basted' joke with the turkey themed tank girl? I mean, it's the obvious joke.

Unregistered
11-21-2017, 09:15 PM
... did they do a 'glazed' or 'basted' joke with the turkey themed tank girl? I mean, it's the obvious joke.

'Stuffed,' 'breast or thigh,' and 'gravy' are also good jokes.

Zandel
11-21-2017, 11:47 PM
FYI this event tank gets +15% atk / Hp from elite status so quite a bit.

Unregistered
11-22-2017, 12:44 AM
Slightly off topic, but considering it involves RNG, money, and games, figured it was worth mention:

According to PCgamer, the Belgium gaming commission just ruled that loot boxes are gambling, and wants them banned across Europe.

In practice, they want to ban any game where you buy something, but you don't know what you have purchased until afterwards. This has pretty significant ramifications for Nutaku. I'd argue most of the purchases in these games fit under that description. Unit pulls in project Kamihime, Armor Blitz, Girls on tanks, Flower Knight Girl, Dragon Providence, Mononofu, etc. etc.

Senator in Hawaii is apparently working with other senators in attempting something similar in the US of A.

Myrdin
11-22-2017, 02:42 AM
Slightly off topic, but considering it involves RNG, money, and games, figured it was worth mention:

According to PCgamer, the Belgium gaming commission just ruled that loot boxes are gambling, and wants them banned across Europe.

In practice, they want to ban any game where you buy something, but you don't know what you have purchased until afterwards. This has pretty significant ramifications for Nutaku. I'd argue most of the purchases in these games fit under that description. Unit pulls in project Kamihime, Armor Blitz, Girls on tanks, Flower Knight Girl, Dragon Providence, Mononofu, etc. etc.

Senator in Hawaii is apparently working with other senators in attempting something similar in the US of A.

My hunch is that this wont get passed. These moral signaling old farts can attempt it as many times as they want. Gambling is a huge revenue for the goverment because it can and is taxed by law - how much, depends on each country and its laws, but in my country anything you win through gambling, lottery, random events etc, is getting taxed if you want to claim the prize.

I assume same goes for .... well... everywhere. And if we are talking about loot boxes, big 3A gaming companies who create bunch of money through their services wont just idly standby. Microtransactions for Loot Boxes and similar stuff are huge part of their profit for literally zero effort. And in the end its always about money. Once the shareholders of these companies (who usually have invested money in other companies as well since most of the big companies around the world areowned by a small % of people) see this, they gonna have a discussion with the people in politics and this nonsense will dissappear.
We have seen this before, it just repeats itself.

Zandel
11-22-2017, 04:00 AM
Well RNGesus has forsaken me... took a while but he's off looking at someone else now. 7 tiles 0 corns.... expected really.

TreadNaught
11-22-2017, 04:41 AM
Well RNGesus has forsaken me... took a while but he's off looking at someone else now. 7 tiles 0 corns.... expected really.

Well I got nine!
...total. Two this pass.

I do have a working theory that the cornucopia drops AREN'T entirely random. I think your chance of getting one is higher when there's live enemy turkey tanks on the board.
. . .can't actually test that 'till next reset though. Also trying to avoid killing them is difficult. You can tell I'm getting bored with something when I start making up challenge mode crap like this.

WhatIconceal
11-22-2017, 09:35 AM
So far so good:
1st cycle

stage 1 (1-1)
stage 3 (1-3)
stage 22 (6-2)
stage 26 (7-2)
stage 28 (7-4)

2nd cycle

stage 13 (4-1)
stage 24 (6-4)
stage 31 (8-3)

3rd cycle

stage 1 (1-1)
stage 2 (1-2)
stage 15 (4-3)
stage 20 (5-4)
stage 22 (6-2)
stage 27 (7-3)
stage 31 (8-3)
stage 32 (8-4)

4th cycle
stage 36 (9-4)

RIP

TreadNaught
11-24-2017, 01:14 AM
I do have a theory that... your chance of getting one is higher when there's live enemy turkey tanks on the board.

Tested. Bunk. No notable effect between killing the turkey tanks and letting them survive. Drop rate of cornucopias remained a level 0 this pass regardless.

Happy Thanksgiving, all. Sorry, that's not as sardonic as it sounds juxtaposed this post. I mean that. Happy Turkey Day.

Unregistered
11-24-2017, 04:37 AM
Have yet to see any dicernable difference between elite and non-elite tank in "real world" circumstances.
It is obviously there, but it has no effect as to what I can and cannot do with the team.

I suppose the absolute reign of skills over almost everything else is much of the reason and the rest is due to the randomness of the game.

So it does matter, but not terribly much if something is +/- 10% or 20%, because when push comes to shove, either the skill is up and running and the tank lives or it is not, in which case the tank dies.

A simple example of this can be seen using the Maus, who has a huge stat and hp bonus built into her and it does not matter much on the battlefield, her cost and long timer before her skill can be used on the other hand are of paramount importance.

Anyways, means I see no reason to pay with real life to get an elited 5* tank over an 5*. So I have napped my 5* and spend rest of time on vacation :)

Best of luck to those that decided to do the turkey trot.

Myrdin
11-24-2017, 06:08 AM
For me this girl will be affection maxed and then perma benched. I dont like super expensive tanks and this one is hell´u´va expensive for my taste. She herself is quite nice to look at but that spider armor of her, nu-uh.
Will try to max her out, but dont think I drop any more cores for that purpose.

TiamatRoar
11-24-2017, 07:12 AM
So far so good:
1st cycle

stage 1 (1-1)
stage 3 (1-3)
stage 22 (6-2)
stage 26 (7-2)
stage 28 (7-4)

2nd cycle

stage 13 (4-1)
stage 24 (6-4)
stage 31 (8-3)

3rd cycle

stage 1 (1-1)
stage 2 (1-2)
stage 15 (4-3)
stage 20 (5-4)
stage 22 (6-2)
stage 27 (7-3)
stage 31 (8-3)
stage 32 (8-4)

4th cycle
stage 36 (9-4)

RIP

Yea, like I said, it only takes one bad run.

I only got 18 free connucopias myself with only two runs left before the event ends, so I imagine I wouldn't get the tank either (but I brought some bags with cores because I wanted the drumsticks for other things so I'm good now). I really don't think even one person will get that tank without spending cores (although the possibility of someone being that insanely lucky does exist. It's just really really puny from what I can tell)

Unregistered
11-24-2017, 07:14 AM
Black Friday deal in the game.
Can get a private Neko unit, I'll give them credit for humor :)

Unregistered
11-24-2017, 02:44 PM
Bleh.

Here. And leveled up, so it's that much harder now.

General Snuggles
11-24-2017, 04:16 PM
From what I can see, it looks like the drop rate has been lowered to coincide with the black Friday special, hopefully the last 2 runs will return to initial drop rates.

Unregistered
11-24-2017, 09:52 PM
From what I can see, it looks like the drop rate has been lowered to coincide with the black Friday special, hopefully the last 2 runs will return to initial drop rates.

Nah, I think most people simply crapped out earlier, or never had "good" runs to being with.

fghk0
11-24-2017, 10:04 PM
This is my current progress, praying to complete all the activities.:)

For me it is a hard task. :p

Hurricane
11-25-2017, 01:24 AM
Just for the record:

Only 7 stages out of 10 cleared each time, though (level gap and repair times killed me XD), so I guess average drop time for full clear is just the same than in baskets: 2-4 per round :P

No doubt I won't get the elite this time :(

WhatIconceal
11-25-2017, 02:01 AM
5th cycle
stage 1 (1-1)
stage 9 (3-1)
stage 26 (7-2)
stage 28 (7-4)

21 corns total, ~4/cycle;

I still can't find any use for this unit, she's very slow, costs 7(!!!) gears, feels like sturmtiger with long range and without AOE. Maybe that's 'cause she's underleveled... not gonna elite her, at least not now.

Unregistered
11-25-2017, 10:37 AM
Speaking as the owner of an lvl38 maus it is outside of special situations very difficult to defend a 7 gear cost.

It is a huge tempo change in the wrong direction and the tank need to do something that allows other tanks to shine.
On its own a 7 gear tank is simply not cutting it the way the game is set up.

WhatIconceal
11-25-2017, 08:02 PM
6th cycle
stage 16 (4-4)
stage 38 (10-2)

7 more to get that copy...

Zandel
11-25-2017, 08:08 PM
Have fully completed this event now... was a bit disappointed that the copy from the exchange was not lvl 15 like the others but since she is only going to be a scouting tank for me that's not terrible. I bought 2 or 3 core packs during the event I honestly cannot remember now, but even if it was 3 that is the same as an 11 pull that only guarantees a 4* so I think it's worth it.

TreadNaught
11-25-2017, 10:33 PM
Have fully completed this event now... was a bit disappointed that the copy from the exchange was not lvl 15 like the others but since she is only going to be a scouting tank for me that's not terrible. I bought 2 or 3 core packs during the event I honestly cannot remember now, but even if it was 3 that is the same as an 11 pull that only guarantees a 4* so I think it's worth it.

Gratz. I'm still at 13 C after this pass, so spending cores on the event would be fruitless. I'll likely keep the two bounty tanks as separate copies for scouting as well since the high health is a boon there, and the deployment cost a non-issue. The tank is otherwise unremarkable. It is a bit shit that the few cornucopias I did get aren't going to be useful for anything, but oh well.

Mtkut
11-26-2017, 07:14 AM
Hi guys, this is my army and reserves, what ya thinkin about them? should i change somethin?

Unregistered
11-26-2017, 02:34 PM
Stacking about 10k dur through emblems on Tiger and putting it in front row would be a fairly normal HT approach in that lvl range.
Of course if mediums can still take the hits it's no rush, but sooner or later they are going to burn up in my experience.

Zandel
11-26-2017, 02:50 PM
Hi guys, this is my army and reserves, what ya thinkin about them? should i change somethin?

Your DPS seems a bit low on your front line mediums. I'm guessing not a lot of good emblems have dropped for you. I have found that for DPS tanks going 1 Crit Chance, 1 Crit Damage and 1 Atk Speed is the best way since Pen is only useful up to 30% or so, after that having more is close to a waste because of diminishing returns.

Also the stats on the Tiger (P) are better then the Tiger in all but Speed. I personally run 4 HTs, 2 Arty, 2 Lights and the rest MTs with no TDs at all. I have not encountered any issues with this setup yet.

Unregistered
11-26-2017, 03:08 PM
I'm still at 13 C after this pass, so spending cores on the event would be fruitless.

Just as I said at the beginning of the event...make the exchange tank too dependent on cores and people simply won't spend. I don't blame you at all for this decision...if they wanted us to spend cores they need to have the drop rate high enough to get us close. Of course, that will mean that some will get it without spending cores at all, but the statistical mean of cores dropped needs to be within one or at the very most two baskets (also, fuck RNG right in the ass for core purchases) to get the most cores out of the player base. Volume nets more cores spent than chasing after a much smaller number of whales.

Sorry you got screwed. I'm in a better situation (21 corns with 11 maps left for this reset), but that's still probably not going to be enough.

TreadNaught
11-26-2017, 04:38 PM

M8 Scott - a good damage dealer against tightly grouped enemies but severely under-range for artillery. Place it in rotation to follow near one of your Crocs or short ranged heavies. Her skill can be used multiple times per battle, which makes her a good choice to field early on.

M12/M40 - I'd eventually swap these with a SU-14-1 or any arty with the downfall skill.

Cromwell - Drop defensive emblems on her. When you're front line starts getting worn she can draw fire and refortify your lines in a hurry.

E-100 - Expensive to field for only one 10 second burst of invulnerability. Try to get 10k+ effective dura on her and use her to pave the way for your destroyers.

You should be able to pull higher damage numbers on some of your high rate of fire tanks using +dmg emblems.
Eg. - A lvl 30 Sherman Crocodile can run 350dps easily with the right combination of emblems.
Do you not have any 4* lights?

Unregistered
11-26-2017, 05:38 PM
I'm in a better situation (21 corns with 11 maps left for this reset), but that's still probably not going to be enough.

Good luck. To be perfectly fair, they do give out a fair handful of cores. They just sabotage themselves with a really inconsistent application their core values*. Eg, 400C to reset the event run is absurdly poor value even and especially compared to the event shop. 100C for the wheel of misfortune makes me think they misplaced a decimal. 300C for an extra factory or battalion slot is actually on the too-cheap side and 750 C to gamble on 11 tanks is a bit on the overpriced side.

There's also mechanics that limit my willingness to spend. Like, I would never want to buy oil given how often the game crashes / lags out / misinterprets mouse input and screws me over or forces me to reset during a deployment. There are Unity games that can be made to run stably in my browser. This is not one of them.

*Hah. I make play on words. Is gud joke.

Unregistered
11-27-2017, 01:53 AM
Oh no...I'd never spend cores on oil. No fucking way. Coupled with regular oil production, sending five lights out on scouts nets more than enough oil to do every invasion tile, a full run on PoC, and about a dozen or more farming runs at the top of the map each day. Nobody near the end-game needs any more than that.

Myrdin
11-27-2017, 03:00 AM
Good luck. To be perfectly fair, they do give out a fair handful of cores. They just sabotage themselves with a really inconsistent application their core values*. Eg, 400C to reset the event run is absurdly poor value even and especially compared to the event shop. 100C for the wheel of misfortune makes me think they misplaced a decimal. 300C for an extra factory or battalion slot is actually on the too-cheap side and 750 C to gamble on 11 tanks is a bit on the overpriced side.

There's also mechanics that limit my willingness to spend. Like, I would never want to buy oil given how often the game crashes / lags out / misinterprets mouse input and screws me over or forces me to reset during a deployment. There are Unity games that can be made to run stably in my browser. This is not one of them.

*Hah. I make play on words. Is gud joke.

Pretty valid points there. Yes some of the core values seem a bit off.
Things like wheel should be core burner - 10C/ max 20C for a spin. Slot machines are never expensive in one go, they make up for it by eating dozens upon dozens of those coins slowly piling up, but never have you feel like "this is too much" for each spin. Its the strategy that micro transaction in games adopted, and you can see the success.
Agree, the 400 for event reset with some people getting 1-2 Corns per run, just completely negates any reason to actually do that.
300 for batalion is not cheap, its well prized. Its not like you shit out those extra tanks for the second squad, and its not like all squads get the exp when clearing maps, thus it really gives you just another extra 15 character slots in all honesty. Which compared to the cost of buying extra inventory space makes it actually a worse deal (25C for 5 exra slots for inventory expansion).
Gacha should be 500C in my oppinion, 50C per pull.
Also remember last factory slot is 2700C which is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over the top.

WhatIconceal
11-27-2017, 06:57 PM
what a fucking joke man

https://i.imgur.com/jIUglQ7.jpg?1

Unregistered
11-27-2017, 07:50 PM
So I have finally got my first duplicate 5 star. I had finally built up 750 cores and decided to go head and pull and to my surprise I pulled a 2nd Super Pershing. Is it more worth it to use this on my 2nd platoon or should I just use it to upgrade my original which is about 10 levels behind all of my other core units yet is still super useful. I'm not sure how useful making a tank elite is anyway and who knows if I'll ever pull another one.

Unregistered
11-27-2017, 09:26 PM
what a fucking joke man

I am at 26 with just the last tile to go, so, yeah. Not getting there myself, either.

---

To the person with the Sarah duplicate: that +10% experience gain boost is really nice for 5* tanks, because they need so much experience. I don't regret combining the duplicate Sarah I got into her, she's definitely my most experienced 5* and is the core of my offense at the moment.

Unregistered
11-27-2017, 09:33 PM
It seems the more turkey monsters you killed the higher the drop chance for corn. So, basically I just keep reloading until turkey monster first came up, and send my heavy tank alone to hold and forced spawn more enemies and turkey. It could be RNG tho but I got like 12 corns from this session only.

TreadNaught
11-27-2017, 11:27 PM
It seems the more turkey monsters you killed the higher the drop chance for corn. So, basically I just keep reloading until turkey monster first came up, and send my heavy tank alone to hold and forced spawn more enemies and turkey. It could be RNG tho but I got like 12 corns from this session only.

I've tried a couple of different hypothetical 'what if this increases your drop chance' scenarios*, and noticed no appreciable change in drop rates. If there is some hidden RNG modifier it's not a statically relevant factor*. I'd honestly be a bit pissed if they threw something like that in without telling people. Variable force compositions and play-stiles would guarantee an uneven reward distribution more surely than a pure RNG system.

* Wiping out all enemy tanks, maximizing live turkeys at win, playing to PoC battle/time bonus score, fighting with more destroyers, rushing, ending with 10 gears.
** Given the small sample size it's a hard thing to test.

TreadNaught
11-27-2017, 11:45 PM
what a fucking joke man [29 corn on the con]

*Expletive singularity* I sincerely hope that you didn't spend cores to reach that point and THEN get RNG fucked.

Unregistered
11-28-2017, 01:54 AM
Okay, is it just me or does having so many secondary stats on a five star emblem dilute it's usefulness? Like, I have a [+9] 3 star emblem and 5 star emblem [Awareness]. Their first two effects are the same, third effect is +damage. The three star emblem has +60 damage as tertiary effect while the five star has +27 damage and like... +6% move speed, +16% rotation and +7% accuracy. Sure, you're getting free stats on the emblem to start, but you only seem to get one sub-stat boosted per [+1] so 5 star emblems seem almost guaranteed to be left with a mush-mash of low level bonuses at [+15].

So what' up with this? Wiki's kinda mum about secondary stats.

IvanLedah21
11-28-2017, 02:27 AM
Okay, is it just me or does having so many secondary stats on a five star emblem dilute it's usefulness? Like, I have a [+9] 3 star emblem and 5 star emblem [Awareness]. Their first two effects are the same, third effect is +damage. The three star emblem has +60 damage as tertiary effect while the five star has +27 damage and like... +6% move speed, +16% rotation and +7% accuracy. Sure, you're getting free stats on the emblem to start, but you only seem to get one sub-stat boosted per [+1] so 5 star emblems seem almost guaranteed to be left with a mush-mash of low level bonuses at [+15].

So what' up with this? Wiki's kinda mum about secondary stats.

The advantages of 5* emblems are broader stat coverage (for tanks that need multiple stats) and higher bonuses to the primary stat. The primary disadvantage is what you see: you only get 1 secondary stat increase per level, and lower tier emblems have fewer possible options, resulting in generally higher bonuses for those options.

Summary: Use 5* emblems only if you need the primary stat a lot and/or the secondary stat spread is great (your example is arguably one of the worst combinations since move speed is meh on most tanks, rotation IMO sucks on almost everyone and accuracy is generally not enough to make a difference since without accuracy boosting skills dodge tanks will still dodge and everyone else will get hit)

Myrdin
11-28-2017, 05:14 AM
26 here.... Just 9 more maps to clear.

Yeah, fuck you game. Best case scenario, one bundle, worst case scenario 2....
Hope the game drops one or two more, but the last map reset has been incredibely bad for me, like 2 corns per the whole fckn map bad.
Want this event to be done and over with, honestly too much unnecessary RnG causing frustration this time.

Unregistered
11-28-2017, 05:15 AM
If anyone wants to play Armor Blitz or any other webgl game on Firefox without issues go to about:config search for webgl find webgl.enable-webgl2 and turn it to false.Cheers :D

Unregistered
11-28-2017, 06:01 AM
26 here.... Just 9 more maps to clear.

Yeah, fuck you game. Best case scenario, one bundle, worst case scenario 2....
Hope the game drops one or two more, but the last map reset has been incredibely bad for me, like 2 corns per the whole fckn map bad.
Want this event to be done and over with, honestly too much unnecessary RnG causing frustration this time.

You know, that's probably the bitch of the whole thing...in my opinion, two bundles is not an altogether unreasonable investment to finish off an event if we knew up front what we were getting. But the RNG possibility of it only costing one bundle makes it less likely for anyone to take the risk on ANY bundles, because 'fuck you, game.'

Plus, 'fuck you again, game.' I don't want to support a RNG-hell event system. This relative uselessness of this particular tank might make it the perfect one to send the devs a message about their event design.

Unregistered
11-28-2017, 08:24 AM
Is it just me or does the event tank's intimate image looks like Monika from ddlc? xD

TiamatRoar
11-28-2017, 06:17 PM
Wow. I just hit my 30th free cornucopia on the 2nd last battle of my final run. Guess I didn't need to buy those six corn bags earlier at the start of the event after all. I don't have any regrets though because I managed to get 5* emblems from five out of six of the emblems from the drumstick bags (the main reason why I brought the corn bags in the first place) and four out of those five emblems were improvements to my previous emblems (the fifth one was move speed. Meh.)

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind. I think I miscalculated. That was actually just my 28th free cornucopia. ...I think. Hard to remember exactly how many paid ones I got from those bags two weeks ago...

fghk0
11-29-2017, 07:30 AM
Finally done this difficult task .... get 5 * Tessa x 2 and 5 * badge after ... relax. :)

Unregistered
11-29-2017, 12:57 PM
24/30. Fuck you, game.

WhatIconceal
11-29-2017, 08:41 PM
game's up, patch notes here http://armorblitz.com/2017/11/nov-29th-patch-inventory-system/

Unregistered
11-30-2017, 02:24 PM
8 ticket spins on the wheel, 4X 150 oil. Fuck you, oil.

Unregistered
12-01-2017, 09:35 PM
The comments section on their site doesn't really do them any good given how poorly set up and managed it is.

Myrdin
12-02-2017, 02:16 AM
Monthly log in 5*:
Tank Destroyer - Jagdtiger Odette

Her stats seem good. 20 Starting range abd 50% penetration from the get go certainly make her viable already without any emblems yet to be added. Her active single target shot aint bad, but I am not fan of these sort of powers (I prefer the timed stat bonus ones), though I suppos it might be decent for sniping massive amount of HP from enemy heavy tanks.
Her art style is fairly simplistic but not horrible and she also has a Character Story which is always a plus.

Anyone has this girl ? How does she perform ? I am already leveling up Sturmtiger, who I am not impressed by to be honest (yes she hits hard, but with her cost, she doesnt get deployed that much honestly) and still have Ho-Ri II who is extremely dissappointing, both stat wise and ability wise, since it takes her very long time to ready her active ability.

WhatIconceal
12-02-2017, 05:04 AM
iirc from discord discussion, among destroyers there is "Victoria and Seren tier" and that's all; but it was like a month ago, before t-100 was released.

IvanLedah21
12-02-2017, 05:16 AM
Odette is above average I would say. Victoria and Seren are flat-out superior to the rest, Ho-Rii is OK but her skill initial is off-putting, T-100 is good but if you're not careful her range reduction debuff can end up letting enemy tanks slip past your blockers, Sturmtiger needs too much emblem help to be viable for her cost, Tortoise is meh for her cost and the new event destroyer is also meh for her cost.

IMO for Destroyers:
Seren > Victoria >>> Odette/Ho-Rii/T-100 >>> Sturm > Tortoise > GMC

Unregistered
12-02-2017, 08:05 AM
Sturm is an AoE Heavy disguised as a tank destroyer.

Her job is to block and kill death balls at own commander or come up behind a skill blocker (AMX-40. Maus. E-100) or any (dying to death ball) HT and kill ball there.

She is pretty wild used as that, as she'll clear anything with a dps crit build, even at 300 dps (easy to do) is fun, up to 600 dps is doable and thats just hilarious.

But as a TD on her own. Agreed. Subpar.

Anyho, I most run Focus Fire dps, range and reliable, not flashy but grinds everything down every single time.

Myrdin
12-02-2017, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the input guys, appreciate.
So in that case seems RnG was good to me with this one at least, getting Odette. Cant complain about her, and she fits in well as far as the way I like to play goes. If that 300% shot of hers gets to be fired at least twice per deployment, than that would be very neat indeed.

TiamatRoar
12-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Sturm needs good emblems to be good. Most DPS tanks only need DPS stats on their emblems while Heavy tanks and buffing light tanks only need defensive stats on their emblems, but Sturm needs both. She's amazing if you do manage to get both though (typically requires four and five star emblems, of course). Getting her more range than your main heavy is recommended too if you can pull it off while still getting lots of the other emblem stats. Don't bother giving her a move speed emblem. She'll still be a slug even with that and she desperately needs all the other emblem stats.

Also, she generally needs to be your first or second deployment or else you'll die of old age before she reaches a battle already in progress. And of course she needs to be a decent level (whereas most DPS tanks can get away with being lower level a little because they don't have to worry as much about dying)

Jagdtiger Odette used to cost 6 gears. That made her possibly the worst five star Tank Destroyer. She's useable at five gears now though.

Unregistered
12-02-2017, 05:22 PM
Is this weeks research, IS-3 (Alyona) any good?

(My Heavies currently consist of Tiger II, Tiger (P) and Tiger I)

IvanLedah21
12-02-2017, 05:41 PM
She's a rush tank, meant to run to the frontlines as your original heavy is dying so your backliners like arties and destroyers don't get wrecked. Your listed heavies don't include any like that so might be worth picking up.

BTW, I just had Satan run to the invasion commander (assassination scheme), but the Sturmtiger that dropped in front of her walked past her AND SHE TURNS AND RUNS AFTER THE STURM ACROSS 1/3 OF THE F'ING MAP. Needless to say, assassination failed miserably >.<

WhatIconceal
12-02-2017, 06:09 PM
I remember getting rushed by IS-3 +IS-7 + 2x satan during Halloween event, i died like in 15 secs LuL.

BTW, I just had Satan run to the invasion commander (assassination scheme), but the Sturmtiger that dropped in front of her walked past her AND SHE TURNS AND RUNS AFTER THE STURM ACROSS 1/3 OF THE F'ING MAP. Needless to say, assassination failed miserably >.<

I just had the same situation, but the map also had lots of landmines and satan ran right on it RIP.

Unregistered
12-02-2017, 06:58 PM
I have and like Odette. Not as much as Victoria, though. I save her for one of my last deployments, and in that situation she gets to use her skill multiple times...I think my record is four times. I deploy her after Sturmtiger, who, now that the arc firing bug is mostly resolved, sometimes gets close enough to some bosses to get missed by most of their shots and I can just cycle Odette's skill until the boss is dead. I'm not usually crazy about Sturm, but if I can get her into that sweet spot and the boss fruitlessly tries to shoot her for the rest of the battle, I know I'll win.

Now then...my own question. I'm at the point where I have 15 5*s (one of them the meh one from the last event). My secretary is and shall remain the lovely 4* Petra (until I simply can't justify running her any more). With more event 5*s on the way, and of course monthly login/factory 5*s, should I start being more picky about which 5*s I pick up for blueprints? As for heavy 5*s, I got T30 (Nira) for my last login 5* How is IS-3 Alyona compared to her? I'm usually more of a fan of mediums...but a new 5* is still a new 5*. Should I buy Alyona?

TreadNaught
12-02-2017, 09:15 PM
With more event 5*s on the way, and of course monthly login/factory 5*s, should I start being more picky about which 5*s I pick up for blueprints? As for heavy 5*s, I got T30 (Nira) for my last login 5* How is IS-3 Alyona compared to her?

Alyona looks to be a quintessential and markedly no-frills heavy tank, which would be good... if heavy tanks were good in their own right. Not owning either and only looking at stats I'd say the T30 is a better tank because it has similar defensive ability and MARKEDLY better capacity to remove enemy tanks from play. Reducing the number of tanks chipping away at your side is the best defense. If you need a rusher vanguard I'd say go with a Cromwell or equivalent medium.

I'd love to see a passive on a heavy tank that gives them a second or two of invulnerability or increased evasion after taking a hit, like one of those old eight bit platformer heroes.

Unregistered
12-03-2017, 12:13 AM
Alyona looks to be a quintessential and markedly no-frills heavy tank, which would be good... if heavy tanks were good in their own right. Not owning either and only looking at stats I'd say the T30 is a better tank because it has similar defensive ability and MARKEDLY better capacity to remove enemy tanks from play. Reducing the number of tanks chipping away at your side is the best defense. If you need a rusher vanguard I'd say go with a Cromwell or equivalent medium.

I'd love to see a passive on a heavy tank that gives them a second or two of invulnerability or increased evasion after taking a hit, like one of those old eight bit platformer heroes.

Yeah, Cromwell III is one of my mediums. So not picking up Alyona.

Myrdin
12-03-2017, 04:01 AM
I have Alyona and I must say I am happy with her performance. Enough so to consider Eliting her. Wish we had some sort of roster with all researchable tanks for the month, that would help a lot, knowing if I want to save up on the blueprints or use them now. Especially since the amount we get has been halved by the PoC changes.
Only downside to Alyona is her active, which unlike M3 Satan, is not up and ready from the get go, but usually activates 3/4 through the board, which really makes it obsolete for "catching up and reinforcing" you Leading HT since she can just walk there normally.
I run her with a Movement Emblem, Armor and HP. And it works perfectly. The Movement emblem gets her into the fray fast enough, and her Active gives her some short term protection, just enough to survive the redirected firepower of the enemy.

Now for her looks - Personally, to me she looks like a Slavic Goddes. No shit. ...at least as far as her basic skin goes. Her story is absolutely idiotic, and really makes you think like "ok soo....why the fuck are we fucking right now ?" Whereas the 4 first story parts make some sort of more or less dumb reasoning for you to fuck the tank, which culminates in the 5th, as far as Alyiona´s story goes, its completely off.
Her Affection artwork is pretty bad as well, and I keep using her Slavic Goddes one, coz the sheer quality of the art and amount of details plus the whole pose and theme is just bad.

So yeah, thats about it. I think she is a decent back up HT. Dont drop her first, keep her in reserves, but remember to buff her movement speed if you do so. I srsly wish they would patch her and make her skill load faster because by the time you use it, you are already in battle, and you pop it only for the defense part of it, not the movement speed one, which is pretty much half of the skill wasted. Rush tanks like these should be like Edna (M3 S), ready to pop the active the moment they are deployed and just go go go.

TiamatRoar
12-03-2017, 09:50 AM
I have Alyona and I must say I am happy with her performance. Enough so to consider Eliting her. Wish we had some sort of roster with all researchable tanks for the month, that would help a lot, knowing if I want to save up on the blueprints or use them now. Especially since the amount we get has been halved by the PoC changes.

A list of what tanks popped up for research wouldn't mean much though. It's completely random and doesn't take into account if the tank popped up previously or not. Alyona and Johanna (sturmtiger) have shown up 3 times so far for research while Violet (AMX13) has only shown up once. Seren meanwhile has never shown up our research yet.

It's all random (and everyone gets the same list of researchable tanks each week of course)

Unregistered
12-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Just pointing out the obvious, but the fact that it's random (as far as we know) doesn't mean they couldn't roll the die a month ahead of time in order to tell us what the lineup of available tanks will be 1 month out.

But yeah, I'm sitting on almost 7k in blueprints in case there are a couple "must have" tanks available in quick succession. Doesn't sound like Alyona is one.

Unregistered
12-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Her story is absolutely idiotic, and really makes you think like "ok soo....why the fuck are we fucking right now ?" Whereas the 4 first story parts make some sort of more or less dumb reasoning for you to fuck the tank, which culminates in the 5th, as far as her story goes, its completely off.
Her Affection artwork is pretty bad as well, and I keep using her basic one, coz the sheer quality of the art and amount of details plus the whole pose and theme is just bad.

I'm just going to re-quote this with a minor edit because it describes so many of the tanks in this game. Like Tabby's story is literally "LOOK, I PUNCH MY SISTER GOOD. LOOK I CAT GIRL NOW. WE FUCK." and then her affection art is just... Rob Liefeld esque. After the first bit I was really expecting it to go the 'Tabby loses a bet and has to wear an embarrassing outfit around, needs comforting.' route but nope. She just straight up runs a beat-down on her sister and then fuck happens because???

IvanLedah21
12-03-2017, 01:21 PM
I'm just going to re-quote this with a minor edit because it describes so many of the tanks in this game. Like Tabby's story is literally "LOOK, I PUNCH MY SISTER GOOD. LOOK I CAT GIRL NOW. WE FUCK." and then her affection art is just... Rob Liefeld esque. After the first bit I was really expecting it to go the 'Tabby loses a bet and has to wear an embarrassing outfit around, needs comforting.' route but nope. She just straight up runs a beat-down on her sister and then fuck happens because???

Actually, most of the scenes are either:
1) Girl likes the general and comes up with some scheme to get his attention,
2) Girl has some sort of insecurity issue and general "comforts" her, or
3) Girl comes up with idea to thank the general for all his efforts to keep them alive, ending in sex because what guy doesn't like sex?

Odette's is one of the few exceptions I've come across, with Victoria, Zola and Edna being rather spontaneous. Nailah's was one that just made me go WTF???

IvanLedah21
12-03-2017, 01:28 PM
I have and like Odette. Not as much as Victoria, though. I save her for one of my last deployments, and in that situation she gets to use her skill multiple times...I think my record is four times. I deploy her after Sturmtiger, who, now that the arc firing bug is mostly resolved, sometimes gets close enough to some bosses to get missed by most of their shots and I can just cycle Odette's skill until the boss is dead. I'm not usually crazy about Sturm, but if I can get her into that sweet spot and the boss fruitlessly tries to shoot her for the rest of the battle, I know I'll win.

Now then...my own question. I'm at the point where I have 15 5*s (one of them the meh one from the last event). My secretary is and shall remain the lovely 4* Petra (until I simply can't justify running her any more). With more event 5*s on the way, and of course monthly login/factory 5*s, should I start being more picky about which 5*s I pick up for blueprints? As for heavy 5*s, I got T30 (Nira) for my last login 5* How is IS-3 Alyona compared to her? I'm usually more of a fan of mediums...but a new 5* is still a new 5*. Should I buy Alyona?

If you want my opinion on the "best" 5*s that you almost certainly don't want to miss:
Heavy: honestly, none are true "must-haves" but I think Conqueror and Chieftain are the best since the 7 cost invincibles are hard to justfiy
Medium: Most of them are good, only ones I'd definitely skip are Comet and T-44. Personal favorites are Super Pershing, Leopard 1a1, Type 59 and Strid though most of the ones with "Ace" as active are great
Light: AMX-13's buff is great, Satan (event) is good assassin/evade tank, rest are eh
Destroyer: FV4005 and Jagdpanther are tops, Sturmtiger is good ONLY if you have the 4-5* emblems to gear her up well, Jagdtiger and Ho-Rii OK
Artillery: S-51 and Panzer (event). Maybe T92 if you like area stun as a skill instead of devastation

Myrdin
12-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Few memorable ones, or some that made at least a bit sense, to me personally were
Sarah - coz her story had a point and the whole sex wasnt WTF. And it gave a nice warm feeling.
Meiling - that one I actually really liked, it had an actuall plot. Shallow as a puddle, but compared to some of the scenes, it was that much more memorable.
Cerys - Shot gun wedding was a thing in the past, and overall it was nicely handled and actually made me smirk a bit.
Minnie - coz cute ghost girl, and no forced sex scene.
These ones I remember as being somehow cohesive, and actually "working" in the setting they were ment to. (its not like these are the only ones that I found enjoyable, but these were distinct and memorable enough for me to give them a thumbsup when compared to some others which were just "DAFUQ?")

TiamatRoar
12-03-2017, 03:45 PM
Ah, oops. I thought he meant an archive of researchable tanks, not one for tanks that would show up in the future.

They might have to revamp how the research lab gets updated then. As it is right now, it's clearly on the fly because every once in a while a patch will accidentally refresh it again despite there still being a few days left before the next refresh.

ODETTE SPOILERS

I dislike Odette's story because the general is supposed to be competent, but apparently he's willing to let a tank get away with jeapordizing her comrades' lives (or worse considering that the enemy is capable of giving you a fate worse than death by turning you into a zombie) and disobeying orders as long as she has sex with him.

Unregistered
12-03-2017, 04:15 PM
and then her affection art is just... Rob Liefeld esque.

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I will say that so far it's my favorite intimate art. Admittedly, most of them are laughably badly edited versions of their affection art. (this is obviously edited too, but at least not laughably bad)

TiamatRoar
12-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I will say that so far it's my favorite intimate art. Admittedly, most of them are laughably badly edited versions of their affection art. (this is obviously edited too, but at least not laughably bad)

He means the body proportions are bizarre. It's best to not look at it too hard if you like the art, cause once you realize that an arm or a leg is just waaaay too short etc, you can never unsee what you just saw.

Mtkut
12-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Guys, should i try to drop 5* HT with cores? imo those 2% aren't worth trying

Unregistered
12-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Guys, should i try to drop 5* HT with cores? imo those 2% aren't worth trying

Absolutely not...at least for now. Events are core-hungry, and if they learned their lesson with the crappy Thanksgiving RNG-vent cores will be worth spending on events again like they were for the Halloween event.

You will get enough 5*s simply from logging in and playing events. Top tier units are a bit more important in AB than they are in, say, FKG...but if you just play long enough you'll eventually get a full roster of them.

Mtkut
12-04-2017, 10:22 AM
Well, i have 10 5* in my roster xD

Unregistered
12-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Then what's the rush to gamble cores on more?

Mtkut
12-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Just, im low on good heavies xD

Myrdin
12-04-2017, 11:53 AM
If thats the case, just get Alyona. No point sitting on those blueprints until who knows how long till the tank you want comes around (since apparently its randomised anyway)

Mtkut
12-04-2017, 11:56 AM
i have 2300 blueprints :mad:

TreadNaught
12-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Just, im low on good heavies xD

Show us your lineup? I'm sure you have a good defensive medium or two that could serve as your front-line units with the right emblems.

Mtkut
12-04-2017, 01:11 PM
I already posted my army and reserves but i couldn't find the page, so here ya go

IvanLedah21
12-04-2017, 02:53 PM
I already posted my army and reserves but i couldn't find the page, so here ya go

Your current group of heavies is sufficient when paired with the Medium tanks with Ace (since it buffs evasion), IMO.

Croc, Tiger and E-100 if you can afford the high cost (which you use would depend on incoming enemy tanks IMO) plus the Panthers and maybe a Downfall artillery if you're worried.

TreadNaught
12-04-2017, 03:36 PM

That Stridsvagn with a range/damage/rate of fire build would be a nice pick to second line behind an evasion build heavy tank. Stack up the secondary evasion modifiers high on your front line units and keep the Strid in a support role as long as possible.

Damn... I want that Suppress skill on an artillery piece. Too bad they don't do dual passives on tanks.

Mtkut
12-04-2017, 03:56 PM
Strid got bigger attack range than most of my TDs, only jagdpanzer 4 with skill active has bigger range

Unregistered
12-04-2017, 04:49 PM
In most situations, heavies are nothing but a drag on my platoon.

TiamatRoar
12-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Main issue with Strid I've found is that she's typically targetting and debuffing the enemy heavy tank while that enemy tank destroyer or arty remains far behind it and not getting debuffed.

I've found Strid more useful for debuffing enemy commanders' accuracy (shred and Strid's debuff do work on enemy commanders). Especially those damn abyss crystals that take forever to die and thus having them be debuffed for the duration of their freakishly long life is very nice. Also nice vs Siegfried where the most threatening (the only threatening) thing about her is her DPS.

unknown67
12-05-2017, 05:17 AM
ODETTE SPOILERS

I dislike Odette's story because the general is supposed to be competent, but apparently he's willing to let a tank get away with jeapordizing her comrades' lives (or worse considering that the enemy is capable of giving you a fate worse than death by turning you into a zombie) and disobeying orders as long as she has sex with him.

THANK YOU. I'm not the only one who dislikes Odette because of that. Similarly, I hate Tabby and can't wait to replace her in my army solely because of her story, which is just her being a bitch to Rena and then getting rewarded for it...

I thought Olivia's story was pretty interesting, and very different from a lot of the other tanks. Lila's was kind of cute too, but the H-scene is one of those ones that comes out of literally nowhere. (Minor spoilers: it honestly should have been a lesbian scene between her and her American tank buddy (I think it was Shelly?) rather than yet another sex scene with our incompetent pervert General.)

Unregistered
12-05-2017, 01:11 PM
Well, I'm certainly late to the party (I was in no real hurry), but I finally conquered the last tile currently available on Factoria. That tile seemed to be a lot easier than the one before it...I only lost one tank on the final battle. And since I started out from Ocica just two days ago I didn't gain any tank levels between attempts.

Now all I have to do is sprint for level 50 and any additional tank levels I can add between now and the Christmas event to start narrowing the commander gap, which means I can almost fully retire my 4*s, except for the last PoC levels (and I suppose the event tiles as well).

Myrdin
12-05-2017, 03:51 PM
I wonder when they gonna add in Abyssinia and the meteor crash side mission.
Youp I too felt like the last currently available tile was easier than Ocica.

One the note of Ocica - I have been farming it for the last...4 days ? 5 ? maybe a week.
So far I got lucky twice - 1st was a 5* Armor Penetration Embelm (very solid piece, Victoria was very satisfied with it), and 1 4* Dupe KV-2 Veronica. So yes the odds are small, but not non existent if you run that map over and over and over again.
Plus since I am L50 the scaling has stopped and after my "Tank" tanks have leveled once or twice they die a lot less than how they used to before. No idea how hard the next event is going to be, but its nice to know that the "running up the hill" part of the game is over for me, and now its all about playing catch up for my units, until the whole team hits L50 as well.

Myrdin
12-05-2017, 03:52 PM
I wonder when they gonna add in Abyssinia and the meteor crash side mission.
Youp I too felt like the last currently available tile was easier than Ocica.

One the note of Ocica - I have been farming it for the last...4 days ? 5 ? maybe a week.
So far I got lucky twice - 1st was a 5* Armor Penetration Embelm (very solid piece, Victoria was very satisfied with it), and 1 4* Dupe KV-2 Veronica. So yes the odds are small, but not non existent if you run that map over and over and over again.
Plus since I am L50 the scaling has stopped and after my "Tank" tanks have leveled once or twice they die a lot less than how they used to before. No idea how hard the next event is going to be, but its nice to know that the "running up the hill" part of the game is over for me, and now its all about playing catch up for my units, until the whole team hits L50 as well.

TiamatRoar
12-05-2017, 05:06 PM
City tiles tend to have the hardest finales. "Last Drop of Oil" (the final tile currently available) doesn't even have a special boss commander. Just another destroyer.

Though it can be hard if the enemy deploys a friggin' Wraith at a bad time. That's the only really threatening thing there though. Marauders don't seem to do very much.

Unregistered
12-05-2017, 05:48 PM
City tiles tend to have the hardest finales. "Last Drop of Oil" (the final tile currently available) doesn't even have a special boss commander. Just another destroyer.

That is true, but I said the tile immediately prior to the oil tile was harder, not Ocica.

TiamatRoar
12-05-2017, 06:04 PM
That is true, but I said the tile immediately prior to the oil tile was harder, not Ocica.

Ah. ...I don't even remember what that tile was like anymore ^^; Though I do recall losing my Sturm during it and thus having to do the final tile without her so I guess you're probably right.

Mtkut
12-06-2017, 05:16 AM
So is there any point of going further in the campaign? im 2 tiles away from Ocica city

Unregistered
12-06-2017, 07:14 AM
The point to going further is to get the last drops of oil from The Last Drops of Oil. Endgame at this point is beefing up your platoon to the point where they start to catch up with your commander level so that the event tiles' stupid scaling thing doesn't hurt so much, and for that you'll need all the oil you can get.

Myrdin
12-06-2017, 07:46 AM
The point to going further is to get the last drops of oil from The Last Drops of Oil. Endgame at this point is beefing up your platoon to the point where they start to catch up with your commander level so that the event tiles' stupid scaling thing doesn't hurt so much, and for that you'll need all the oil you can get.

Plus for the inevitable drop of the last story missions for this current map (Abyssinia and the Meteor crash site)

Unregistered
12-06-2017, 08:58 PM
New options in the shop...one free normal draw per day, and 75/750 cores for normal 1/10+1 recruits, between 3* and 4*, with the +1 a guaranteed 4*. Also, premium draws for 225/2250 cores for 1/10+1 recruits, MINIMUM of 4*, and the +1 is a guaranteed 5*. Whales, I guess this feature is all yours.

I got a 4* Chaffee on my free draw.

Zandel
12-06-2017, 09:12 PM
New options in the shop...one free normal draw per day, and 75/750 cores for normal 1/10+1 recruits, between 3* and 4*, with the +1 a guaranteed 4*. Also, premium draws for 225/2250 cores for 1/10+1 recruits, MINIMUM of 4*, and the +1 is a guaranteed 5*. Whales, I guess this feature is all yours.

I got a 4* Chaffee on my free draw.

Free draws huh? Might be enough reason to log in every day longer then just a few minutes... then again maybe not.

Unregistered
12-06-2017, 09:41 PM
Whales, I guess this feature is all yours.

Maybe, maybe not. This game isn't *that* stingy with giving out cores, and once we've unlocked the factory slots what else is there to spend 'em on?

WhatIconceal
12-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Maybe, maybe not. This game isn't *that* stingy with giving out cores, and once we've unlocked the factory slots what else is there to spend 'em on?

Events obviously, also platoons/inventory space

TreadNaught
12-07-2017, 01:19 AM
Free draws huh? Might be enough reason to log in every day longer then just a few minutes... then again maybe not.

It's a free if somewhat slow factory slot with about a 25% chance of producing a 5 star tank each month. Can't complain.

Myrdin
12-07-2017, 01:55 AM
It's a free if somewhat slow factory slot with about a 25% chance of producing a 5 star tank each month. Can't complain.

I call bullshit on that percantage (no offense). Been playing since launch, maybe a day less and have to yet see a factory 5*
Plenty of 4* but not even a single 5* With odds like that after...what... 4 months ? 5 Months ? not even sure how long is the game out.

Anyway, nice to see a Free draw added. Got myself a dupe TD (cant remember the name, - that soviet tank with the bloodied sickle)

WhatIconceal
12-07-2017, 03:06 AM
I call bullshit on that percantage (no offense). Been playing since launch, maybe a day less and have to yet see a factory 5*
Plenty of 4* but not even a single 5* With odds like that after...what... 4 months ? 5 Months ? not even sure how long is the game out.

Same here, 1500+ tanks produced, no 5* so far.

Mtkut
12-07-2017, 05:16 AM
I had invasion of stupid ideas, i bought cores for that premium recruit ;)

fghk0
12-07-2017, 06:30 AM
I think .. compared to 5-star tank ... explore the 5 star badge much easier ...:rolleyes:

unknown68
12-07-2017, 06:37 AM

The free draw can only make 3 and 4 star units, so unfortunately it has no chance of producing a 5 star.

Unregistered
12-07-2017, 07:22 AM
I've had two factory 5*s...they're out there and it is only a matter of lucky draws to get them. Sorry you guys are having no luck at it, but all you can do is maximize your slots and keep them running.

TreadNaught
12-07-2017, 12:43 PM

Well yeah, it's not actually a factory slot. I'm just drawing an equivalence. I was basing the 25% on the listed 1% chance of pulling a 5 star from the normal draw over a span of roughly 30 days.

The free draw can only make 3 and 4 star units, so unfortunately it has no chance of producing a 5 star.

Well fuck. Okay then. More reason to save blueprints for 5 stars.

Zandel
12-07-2017, 02:50 PM
I have had 1 factory 5* since starting so the rate is very low for sure but it does exist.

TiamatRoar
12-07-2017, 07:42 PM
I'm at around 2,500 factory tanks produced (estimated from my current progression on the "collect xxx amount of tanks" questline. I completed the "Produce 1,500 tanks at the factory" questline loooong ago), and I only got one five star from it.

But yea, the main conclusion of the original post leading to that discussion is that the free daily draw doesn't have a chance to get a five star. Still, it's like, 3-25 blue prints every day so it does help in that regard, at least.

WhatIconceal
12-08-2017, 03:25 AM
Got Chieftain from login, finally can replace my tog

Unregistered
12-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Got Chieftain from login, finally can replace my tog

Interesting. I just got a Panther/M10 from login, which is more or less a Chieftain lite. I was thinking it could replace my Tiger, assuming I ever get to the point where leveling new tanks is an attractive option.

TreadNaught
12-09-2017, 08:04 PM
So the 5 star tank on rotation is now the GW Tiger. It looks for the most part like an inferior S-51. It trades a significantly reduced blast radius for a slightly higher accuracy and rate of fire, which seems a poor trade when considering that it's active skill is a single increased damage shell that makes use of the former but not the later. Is that assessment fair?

WhatIconceal
12-10-2017, 05:08 AM
Zoya is best arty and OP because of her AoE, still i think i'm gonna grab that GW. I saved about 12k BPs, I already have panzerwaifu from event and T-92 from login, but i don't have nuker; even if i had Zoya i'd most likely take GW, they make good combo with atk buff.

Edit: pumped and ready to go

https://i.imgur.com/FvMddzR.jpg?1

Myrdin
12-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Fuck.... siiigh. So we finally get an Artillery 5* and just to spite me, I dont have enough blueprints. God damnt..

TiamatRoar
12-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Fuck.... siiigh. So we finally get an Artillery 5* and just to spite me, I dont have enough blueprints. God damnt..

Christmas Event starts about 3 days before this research ends. Maybe it'll provide some BP.

It'll also provide a whopping 5 new (well, new to Nutaku at least) tanks though so you'll have to hold off on eliting some of them.

TreadNaught
12-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Zoya is best arty and OP because of her AoE, still i think i'm gonna grab that GW. I saved about 12k BPs, I already have panzerwaifu from event and T-92 from login, but i don't have nuker; even if i had Zoya i'd most likely take GW, they make good combo with atk buff.

Edit: pumped and ready to go

Niiice emblems. The panzerwerfer isn't a nuker? Well, fair if you want her. I'm going to pass on this one. Her regular damage output just isn't up to a five star five gear standard. I'd rather deploy my M8 and a Satan even if that usually means I have to eat their repair costs. I don't have a T-92 so I'll hang onto my meager blueprint reserves for now. Or a Zoya. Or any of the high test destroyers.

You know what would make for a cool unique Arty? Replace the HE shell passive with multi-turret. That would shift it from a 'gouging out enemy back field with splash damage' to a wide area fire support role.

Unregistered
12-13-2017, 10:09 PM
Any word from the devs on which, if any, of the x-mas tanks don't have H-Scenes?

Myrdin
12-14-2017, 12:58 AM
So there we go. Xmass event.
What you´ll notice is that the first mission already starts at lvl 45 if you are L50 commander.
This is Halloween all over again, sigh.

Unregistered
12-14-2017, 01:27 AM
Don't know about the H-scenes, but I did the obligatory math. One full run of the map each day gets you 32 ornaments/candy canes. If you can clear the map every day for 21 days and collect 672 of each, (seems a lot more doable this event even though at level 49 I'm at nearly the greatest possible commander level gap) you'll require a total of 46,800 jingle bells to finish out both bags at 225K. This works out to 2229 jingle bells per day. If you can't get that many (or can't completely clear the event map) and plan on finishing out both bags, prepare to spend cores in the exchange shop for Holiday Spirit gifts to supplement your event runs. I got 2874 jingle bells just from doing my six invasion tiles, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to clear the event without spending any cores...unless tile 8 is way freaking harder than tile 7 and I'll end up 84 each of canes/ornaments short (I lost 8 of my tanks on the cane path tile 7, so it'll be a few hours before I can try it out).

If you can finish tile 7 but not tile 8, you'll need a total of 4629 jingle bells per day to make up for the missing 168 items from both paths. Probably not too big of a deal if you have your scouts out for oil.

As for the exchange...according to the wiki, which may not be completely accurate, Katyusha is also available for research (and we already have Minnie, who is a little bit better at the same thing). The wiki says PT-76 Eliza is only available in events (and in my opinion looks hotter). If you're of a mind to spend 2K cores to buy just one of the exchange tanks, my thoughts are to go for PT-76. There's a total of 180 cores in the bags, so if like me you're a bit short to purchase one, that and some invasion tiles could help make up the difference.

TreadNaught
12-14-2017, 02:46 AM
So there we go. Xmass event.
What you´ll notice is that the first mission already starts at lvl 45 if you are L50 commander.
This is Halloween all over again, sigh.

I came here to post almost exactly this. I'm level 40 with an average tank levels ranging 20 to 35 and they left repairs enabled in the event despite every possible indicator pointing to that having been a bad f'king approach to event accessibility and new player retention previously. No one has the 32 hours a day to wait on repairs for your event, dudes.

The "Soviet Special's" irritates me as well. RNG fuckery aside, it's description is too damn vague. Is it a 40% chance of a 5 star tank and a 0.05% chance of a PT-76? Who knows!

IvanLedah21
12-14-2017, 04:29 AM
I came here to post almost exactly this. I'm level 40 with an average tank levels ranging 20 to 35 and they left repairs enabled in the event despite every possible indicator pointing to that having been a bad f'king approach to event accessibility and new player retention previously. No one has the 32 hours a day to wait on repairs for your event, dudes.

The "Soviet Special's" irritates me as well. RNG fuckery aside, it's description is too damn vague. Is it a 40% chance of a 5 star tank and a 0.05% chance of a PT-76? Who knows!

40% chance of 5* with only the 3 listed tanks in that 5* group. So if you want a specific one, that's a 40/3 = 13.33% chance of her

Repairs enabled is annoying but the alternative is using oil due to the fact you could otherwise spam until you clear. PoC approach would work I suppose, but events are part special, part money-maker for them, and if you can't clear tile 8 every day, you'll have to buy at least once in all likelihood. PoC approach would also conflict with PoC itself, along with grinding for the Jingle Bells. It's annoying, but not as bad as it could be (like no RNG in shop like Thanksgiving, the enemies aren't totally OP like in Halloween)

Tile 8 has a special boss and while I cleared tile 7 without losses, lost 8 tanks in tile 8 (level 50 commander, all but 1 tank in the 33-43 range and all 5*s). Expect a serious step up from tile 7 people

WhatIconceal
12-14-2017, 04:44 AM
Patch notes: http://armorblitz.com/2017/12/december-13th-patch-christmas-event/

About H scenes

– Katyusha, Katyusha 5-star, Artillery (Wholesome Story, no R-18 content)
– Polina, ASU-57 5-star, Tank Destroyer (NO RELATIONSHIP STORY, SORRY SMOL)
– Eliza, PT-76 5-star, Light Tank
– Ulyana, Object 279 5-star, Heavy
– Irina, KV-8 4-star, Heavy (flamethrower)

Now about event:

- tiles levels same as before: first - LVL-5, last - LVL+5;
- cleared all tiles, except last cane; went ok for the first time run;
- tile 8 is much harder that others: it has new event boss, lots turrets and OP tanks (Reavers, Wraiths, Myrmidons);

Not sure if i'm gonna spend cores, 2k seems too much like wft it was 1500 for T-100 iirc, and i already have Minnie; probably gonna take PT...

Unregistered
12-14-2017, 08:42 AM
Guys, the devs have done a lot better on this event than either of the previous ones. The event map is only 16 battles total compared to 40 for the last one and a crapton of waiting for repairs for the first one (forgot how many, think it was also 40, but it was the waiting on repairs that bugged me the most).

If you can finish seven event tiles on each path, the remaining bells can be farmed on the Nethercold Sea tile for 7992 oil per day. I use that as an example because that's my go-to tile for farming quick wins without the possibility of losing any tanks. Even if you haven't finished the last oil tile, anyone who has reached Nethercold has a potential 15,000 oil production per 24-hour period, not including scouting rewards, so that's almost twice as much as you need. Obviously, people are still going to spend oil on PoC and invasion tiles, but unless you're really low level, with the greater bells per oil on invasion tiles and the lower bells per oil on PoC those kind of cancel each other out. (Can't give exact figures on that because invasion tiles are tied to your level and PoC is tied to your individual performance.) Since the event started, I did my invasion tiles, lvls 50/52 on PoC (that still seems weird...the big number says 25/26, but I suppose I'm still the odd one out), and farmed Nethercold and it's going to put me way over the 4629 I need for seven event tiles. Who knows, I may even be able to finish eight event tiles...I'll give it a try after I burn off more oil. So it'll be eminently reasonable to get both bags completed without spending cores. This is how an event should work...if you're good enough and put in the work, you shouldn't have to pay cash.

About the 2K cores for the extra tanks...even though I probably won't be able to get either, I'm not at all bothered by it. Neither one is one of 'the' event tanks, and in my opinion it's a totally optional bonus purchase. And holy shit, no more RNG fuckery!

One major complaint, though: STOP PUTTING 'WHOLESOME' STORIES IN H-GAMES! Fuckin' Hell, devs! If you can't bring yourself to H- a potential Loli, STOP DRAWING POTENTIAL LOLIs...or at the very least leave them without stories! I'm not a Loli fan, but this is just fucking stupid.

One minor (literally) complaint. What's up with the eerie minor key riff in the new holiday music? It's out of place with the whole cheerful sleighbell theme.

thatoneguyfromwork
12-14-2017, 09:12 AM
Eh, so I've come here for advice. It appears that I've been reckless in my game. I can't really do the events anymore since my 2 platoons are so much lower in level than my (commander level?). Either way I can only do the first battle with no losses and I can complete the 2nd but I'll lose a fair number of tanks.

Ever since I had difficulties with the thanksgiving missions I started only using my main platoon but at this rate with me adding better tanks to it over time(getting 4 or 5 stars). It's just getting to the point that I wonder if I will even be able to beat the 1st mission of the next event.

I felt like I was being smart by pushing as far as I could and letting damage tanks recover and using my 2nd platoon. Now I feel like an utter fool for doing it.

Unregistered
12-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Yeah, using a second platoon is going to make your commander level gap huge. We've been talking about this since the first event...shame you weren't here for all of that.

Since the event tiles only give 100 XP each no matter how high your commander level is, what you can do is use only your highest level tanks from both platoons for event battles and you won't be missing out on very much XP for those newer, 'better' but lower leveled tanks. Then swap them back in when you do lower risk maps that give better XP. This probably won't fix the problem entirely, but it will let you advance farther than just slamming those newer tanks into the grinder.

Alternatively, you can just try to minimize your commander's progression for the duration of the event. Limit yourself to PoC, event tiles, and get your daily missions done on Angora. MAYBE do invasion tiles if you're not too close to another commander level. You won't get the whole prize, but if you're in a bad enough position that you're worried about getting ANY of the event tanks, this might be the way to go. Judgment call on your part, here.

Unregistered
12-14-2017, 11:47 AM
Update: Tile 8 is doable on the ornament path, but for me tile 8 on the cane path is too hard. So I'll need a very easy 3429 jingle bells per day to make up for the one cane tile I can't do. My current haul is 5027 jingle bells.

Myrdin
12-14-2017, 01:25 PM
Both are doable for me, but had to re-roll the whole map once (refresh the browser page) due to some really really F* up RnG spawn on enemy side.
Of course, both my "4-5" whatever, were 4*. I dont know the odds on these event random characters/emblems, but I doubt its 50/50. Never got a 5* out of it so far. Will see after this event is done and over with, if there will be one finally or not.

Unregistered
12-14-2017, 01:45 PM
Another marked improvement is that there is now 6 reward tiers instead of 3-4 tiers.
Gives a more steady reward stream and does away with the worst of the hello I am a 80-100k gap.

The max is now 50k which is still a lot, but at least has a time horizont below a week to bridge.

Unregistered
12-14-2017, 02:10 PM
Gave cane 8 another shot and squeaked through with all but 3 tanks down. I guess it really is just the luck of the initial enemy deployment. I can handle the Wraths/Myrmidons once I can get my deathball established and those annoying snowmen are down.

TreadNaught
12-14-2017, 02:25 PM
40% chance of 5* with only the 3 listed tanks in that 5* group. So if you want a specific one, that's a 40/3 = 13.33% chance of her

That's not what it says though. It says a Soviet 4-5*, with a 40% chance of a 5*... a group which includes T-62, T-34/100, T-44, IS-3, IS-7 etc. as well as the event units. So it's more like a 4% of a specific tank assuming they have equal drop chances. Point is, it's not expressed clearly.

Repairs enabled is annoying but the alternative is using oil due to the fact you could otherwise spam until you clear.

They could make it so you take no damage on an event stage clear. They could have it set up so your tanks take no damage on the first few attempts of each stage. They could do level scaling based on something rational like average unit level, or treat every unit used in the event as though it's base stats were at your Lieutenant's level. There are a lot of good alternatives between "unlimited attempts" and "go fuck yourself, new guy".

if you can't clear tile 8 every day, you'll have to buy at least once in all likelihood.

Thereby placing the highest whaling requirement on the least happy, least heavily invested portion of the player population. Even without that frustration people are going to need to whale if they want Kat or Eliza. I understand they need people to buy shit but again, there's better ways. Also just throwing this out there, but the game could add some cosmetic items. Ammo for colored smoke trails or fireworks artillery or something.

Another marked improvement is that there is now 6 reward tiers instead of 3-4 tiers.
Gives a more steady reward stream and does away with the worst of the hello I am a 80-100k gap.

That's true. It's good for the players, and it also benefits them since you can bridge any of those stage gaps by spending cores.

TiamatRoar
12-14-2017, 05:20 PM

Is that even possible? You can't have "40% chance of 5* with only the 3 listed tanks in that 5* group" when one of those "3 listed tanks in that 5* group" is a FOUR star tank...

I'm pretty sure it's 40% chance for ANY soviet 5 star tank (which includes Yuliya, IS-3, IS-7, and Centurion, among others). IIRC that's what a developer said on Discord too but I don't remember his exact words.

40% of getting "the three listed 5* tanks" can't be right considering that one of those listed tanks isn't a five star tank yet it says "40% chance of a five-star tank".

Unregistered
12-14-2017, 10:56 PM
The wiki says PT-76 Eliza is only available in events (and in my opinion looks hotter). If you're of a mind to spend 2K cores to buy just one of the exchange tanks, my thoughts are to go for PT-76.

That's largely what I need to know. Travelling back home to visit folks for x-mas in a few days, so actually participating in the event is pretty much a non-starter. The only computer available will be in the room my niece stays in. Was pretty much wondering if either core unit was worth spending cores to get.

Zandel
12-14-2017, 11:06 PM
Missed the first day of the event because I was unwell and didn't log in that day so i'm a bit annoyed but w/e. Managed to clear 7/8 cane maps on the first run through with only 1 tank lost on map 7 (commander lvl 46 tank lvls at 35-42 or so with my 4*s at 42 and the rest at around 35-39) Cane 8 screwed me tho, lost all but 4 tanks and lost it. Didn't know about a re-roll attempt before now so i'll try that in 4 hours after repairs if I have trouble.

Even so I must say I like this better than the turkey event, having the 3rd event tank behind a paywall was not a good idea IMHO. I like how the only payed tanks are not event girls, optional extra's for whales is always a good thing. No RNG on the exchanges except for that soviet 40% deal and even then 40% is quite generous.

Even with only clearing the first 7 event maps getting 3 copies of each event girl looks like being easy enough, glad the map range is still only +/- 5 commander levels. Now if only there was a way to lvl tanks faster than your commander at least until they come close that would be great. I think an XP bonus for tanks less than say commander lvl -5 would be a great addition or perhaps a commander ability you could have in missions instead of one of the actives that instead grants +100% xp or something. Would actually make farming XP something worth doing for a lot of people. Hell they could even make that unlock at commander lvl 50 where the lvl gap is the most pronounced.

Myrdin
12-15-2017, 01:31 AM
I think an XP bonus for tanks less than say commander lvl -5 would be a great addition or perhaps a commander ability you could have in missions instead of one of the actives that instead grants +100% xp or something. Would actually make farming XP something worth doing for a lot of people. Hell they could even make that unlock at commander lvl 50 where the lvl gap is the most pronounced.

Not a bad idea. I think it could be a passive ability so as to not force the player to care - since lets face it, missions that most people farm for exp are those where you put tanks on AUTO ON, and just do other stuff.
While yes farming Ocica is a good way as well, that map requires babysitting due to the amount of crap, enemies and HT enemy commander, if you wanna avoid losses (which still happens to me occasionally if a really bad enemy spawn hits).

Personally I think it would be best to increase the tank EXp on a global scale. For dupes, you get +30% exp.
I think every tank should start at 20% since day 1, or get buffed to 20% after you hit Commander lvl 45-50, while feeding dupes to a tank would up it to 50% (so still 30% for feeding dupes to your tank, but with extra 20% as a base to start with, either from a certain Commander level or straight from the get go).

IvanLedah21
12-15-2017, 05:59 PM
Whoever pointed out one of the names listed on the Soviet deal is a 4* thx, missed that. So 40% chance of 5* among Soviet tanks only, that's still not bad... if it wasn't for that prohibitively high cane/ornament cost that basically is auto-out if you're going for max event tanks.

Personally I think tanks should get a default XP boost based on rarity (5*s need SO much XP that you basically cripple yourself for a week to get a new 5* to a workable level when your commander is 30+) and get extra boost with dupes (capping out at 30% when tanks level so slowly is dumb). Maybe add a Tank XP timed buff in shop, that would probably get a fair amount of buyers if you don't overprice it.

Think the event should have started at Commander -10 and end at Commander +4. It makes it easier for non-whales.

@Treadnaught: the only option you listed that I think would be viable is the first one as far as making the event more accessible. That one seems to be easy to implement since it's basically a Clear = PoC treatment, Fail = normal repairs check. The rest seem like they would need a fair amount of extra coding that doesn't exist anywhere in game already.

Average unit level is WAY too exploit prone. You could toss a few level 10 and under tanks into your squad and steamroll maps with 1-3 level 30s.

All in all, the event is better than previous ones, but still needs some work. It would also be nice if they came out and admitted they want you to whale in order to get perfect (Elite eligible) event units. I'm fairly certain this is the case, and the first copy is the only one supposed to be readily accessible to new players/casuals.

Unregistered
12-15-2017, 07:18 PM
First, the best news: I have a factory 5* under construction. Keep trying, folks...they're out there.

Second, this entirely FTP non-whale is doing just fine with this event, even at the level 49 commander gap and average tank level of 34. (My lone remaining 4* at 43 is the outlier that boosts the average by more than a full level.) Actually, I'm going to hit 50 tonight, so it'll get even wider, but it shouldn't be a huge deal. If it means I can no longer clear tile 8, there are more than enough jingle bells available to make up the difference. If I can do it with almost the largest commander gap possible (and THE largest gap later tonight), everyone else should also be able to. I don't even think I'm anything special at this game, as I can't even crack the top 10% on PoC.

Third, this event absolutely fixed the whaling requirement for the elite-eligible copies. Santa's List is the main event. Anything in the exchange is just a bonus or a means to make up lost time/effort with Santa's List.

TiamatRoar
12-15-2017, 07:54 PM
Assuming you buy the candies and ornaments with cores (because otherwise you won't have enough to get Object and Polina), the soviet pack gives a worse 5* to core ratio than the premium gacha does, by the way. It's only good if you want to gamble for PVT or Katy, and you're really better off using 2k cores to just get them guaranteed in that case.

TreadNaught
12-16-2017, 01:39 AM
Average unit level is WAY too exploit prone. You could toss a few level 10 and under tanks into your squad and steamroll maps with 1-3 level 30s.

So just use highest unit level or apply a simple outlier cull. Eg - don't include tanks 5 levels below the highest level tank in the average. I'm not saying I have a perfect answer, but lieutenant levels are a terrible indicator of platoon strength. Yes this is a better event than the prior two but there's a loooot of room for improvement.

For instance - The 175 reset. IF a person can complete all 16 tiles effortlessly it's 32/175 = 0.183 'candy per core' vs. 50/250 = 0.2 cpc in the store.
So the extra cost for the reset is for... what? A fist-full of one star emblems?

Scale the cost of the map run reset to the number of tiles completed so it's actually useful to anyone unable to complete the full run.
(20 cores) + (8 cores) * (number of tiles completed) = 20 to 148 cores to reset. So if you can only beat 8 tiles it's .19 cpc but if you can beat all 16 it's .216 cpc. THEN it's a useful feature to players that aren't able to do a full run and not a tax on the math challenged. (Don't give me no guff over the numbers, it's a quick example.)

If I can do it with almost the largest commander gap possible (and THE largest gap later tonight), everyone else should also be able to.

Welllll... Only if you assume (A) that level scaling on the event is applied consistently. (B) That tank level scaling is linear such that a level 49 tank is to a level 39 tank what a level 39 tank is to a level 29 tank. (C) You discount the skills and effectiveness of your five star units and emblems. Etc and so on. We've already had people say they can't clear it. It's not Halloween Event hard, but it's not something 'everyone can do'. Rolling up a new account and see if you can still pull it off.

Assuming you buy the candies and ornaments with cores (because otherwise you won't have enough to get Object and Polina), the soviet pack gives a worse 5* to core ratio than the premium gacha does, by the way. It's only good if you want to gamble for PVT or Katy, and you're really better off using 2k cores to just get them guaranteed in that case.

Hm. Let's math that claim!

- soviet pack x 4 - 2250 cores ( to cover the candy/ornament and feather cost )
87% chance for at least one 5*

12.96% 0x5*, 4x4*
34.56% 1x5*, 3x4*
34.56% 2x5*, 2x4*
15.36% 3x5*, 1x4*
2.56% 4x5*, 0x4*

- Premium - 2250 cores
100% chance for at least one 5*

70% 1x5*, 10x4*
25.4% 2x5*, 9x4*
4.14% 3x5*, 8x4*
0.40% 4x5*, 7x4*
0.03% (5-11)x5*

So your mileage on 5*s is (statistically) a tad better on the Soviet Pack, but you risk getting RNG screwed and are shorted 7 four star tanks. You also only get soviet tanks.

Unregistered
12-16-2017, 02:10 AM
I can now confirm that the event map can be completely cleared with a brand new lvl 50 commander, which is the absolute highest commander gap anyone is going to see, unless you hosed yourself by using two different platoons. This event is totally doable. If you can't get past a tile, you need to examine how you're approaching it and try something different.

Also, more than enough jingle bells are available to make up the difference if for some reason you still can't clear tile 8. This is day 3 of 21. You need to collect 13,887 jingle bells by the end of this game day to supplement clearing only 7 tiles on each path of the event map (day 21's total is approximately 97,200). I've been able to get to 14,345 total today and there's still over half of the day left. Send Light scouts out for oil. Spend oil on PoC, invasion tiles, and farming your highest no-repair tile...personally, I've moved on from Nethercold Sea to Under the Ice for better jingle bell rewards.

There is no whaling required for this event if all you want are three copies of each of the main event tanks. Seriously, people...do the math. Chart out your total jingle bells required each day based on how many event tiles you can clear, then go farm them. It's not that complicated, but it does require more oil than just your rigs. If your 5 scouts can bring back about 200 oil each, that should be plenty.

Myrdin
12-16-2017, 02:47 AM
It seems to me people are starting to confuse terms Whaling and Spending your cores.
Whaling - you used money to buy the cores. Spending cores that you gained through playing the game (scouting, unlocking map tiles and event rewards) is anything but whaling. Its a grind, its hard earned, its playing the game.
Thus bying a bundle of the event currency with such cores is not whaling.
Just though I throw this out there since some people seemed a bit confused at times.

As for me, I can clear all tiles, but requires a downtime after one boss tile for the tanks to repairs, since the usual is that around half my tanks repairing. Defense buff and Attack buff commander abilities work overtime for me in this event.

Unregistered
12-16-2017, 03:52 AM
This event is totally doable. If you can't get past a tile, you need to examine how you're approaching it and try something different.

That's your experience. Not everyone's as well outfitted as you. I'm commander level 40 with level 28 average units, mostly four stars. I have a few five stars shelved for being under leveled. Almost every five star emblem I've pulled has been for accuracy or awareness. I think the game hates me? There's really nothing I can do to clear tile eight. Even if I could 'try something different' I just don't have time after repairing from tile seven.

I do corruption crystals 1 for bells, but I don't have any durable light tanks to spare for scouting oil. I usually throw on a heavy tank since it's more emblems and I can't keep paying for rescues and have any hope of affording a fourth or fifth scout slot. I've stopped building tanks in the factory to save the oil and money for scouting slots. Honestly though I have no confidence I'm going to get out of this without spending cores. There's too little margin and too many chances for me to miss a day or leave my asgardian oil fields fallow too long.

Unregistered
12-16-2017, 07:53 AM
That's your experience. Not everyone's as well outfitted as you. I'm commander level 40 with level 28 average units, mostly four stars. I have a few five stars shelved for being under leveled. Almost every five star emblem I've pulled has been for accuracy or awareness. I think the game hates me? There's really nothing I can do to clear tile eight. Even if I could 'try something different' I just don't have time after repairing from tile seven.

I do corruption crystals 1 for bells, but I don't have any durable light tanks to spare for scouting oil. I usually throw on a heavy tank since it's more emblems and I can't keep paying for rescues and have any hope of affording a fourth or fifth scout slot. I've stopped building tanks in the factory to save the oil and money for scouting slots. Honestly though I have no confidence I'm going to get out of this without spending cores. There's too little margin and too many chances for me to miss a day or leave my asgardian oil fields fallow too long.

Your lights don't gather any more oil with increased durability. You can send out ANY lights you have...if they're not 'durable' enough you just need to bring them back more frequently. People get so caught up in setting and forgetting their scouts, but this is event time...normal rules go out the window. You should be pulling enough emblems from the event map to finish your dailies and not need the heavies.

But mostly your problem is that you haven't unlocked even your fourth scout slot. You simply won't have the oil to do this with just three scouts, and this makes you not the 'typical player' to whom I was referring. You are playing catch-up to the rest of us...not necessarily in level, but in overall preparedness for event play. Indeed, you will need to decide if you just HAVE to have all three copies of both and spend cores to get there, or if you can get by with just one copy of each and save your cores for later. I made that call on the last event and settled for only two copies of T95 Tessa because I didn't want to spend cores on RNG cornucopia to maybe not get the third copy. We all have to make choices sometimes. Your situation marks you as an outlier, but that's exactly what the exchange of cores for ornaments and candy canes is for...especially if as you describe, you have 'many chances to miss a day.' My analysis on event completion was never meant for casual players.

fghk0
12-17-2017, 01:53 AM
Stop moving forward on map 7 ... This task is so hard.:rolleyes:
25-35LV tank attack stick 8 will suffer heavy losses...:p

verified 100% human
12-17-2017, 01:59 AM
Object 279 = It's the E-100, but better damage and lower deployment cost for 10 seconds of juggernaut.
KV-8 = It's the Churchill Crocodile, but worse? Nice art, but not much to recommend it.
ASU-57 = Hallelujah, it's raining Hetzers!

Is it just me, or are armor emblems kinda pointless? I mean, if you have anything less than a heavy tank they make the difference between a tank dying in one hit and... a tank dying in one hit. If you have a heavy with the highest base armor of 170 and 5,000 hp...

170 armor = 39.5% damage reduction, 8,265 ehp
...and add 100 armor in emblems...
270 armor = 50.9% damage reduction, 10,183 ehp

...then it can take ten hits instead of eight? Seems like stacking evasion and attack modifiers is always going to give you more effect.

Unregistered
12-17-2017, 02:47 AM
Stop moving forward on map 7 ... This task is so hard.:rolleyes:

Assuming you have the long range destroyers and artillery for that. What if all your high level tanks are medium or short range?
Speaking of which, the M8 Scott seems to relish in it's own demise. Girl is downright suicidal. I probably should do something to raise morale.

TiamatRoar
12-17-2017, 07:12 AM
Object 279 = It's the E-100, but better damage and lower deployment cost for 10 seconds of juggernaut.
KV-8 = It's the Churchill Crocodile, but worse? Nice art, but not much to recommend it.
ASU-57 = Hallelujah, it's raining Hetzers!

Is it just me, or are armor emblems kinda pointless? I mean, if you have anything less than a heavy tank they make the difference between a tank dying in one hit and... a tank dying in one hit. If you have a heavy with the highest base armor of 170 and 5,000 hp...

170 armor = 39.5% damage reduction, 8,265 ehp
...and add 100 armor in emblems...
270 armor = 50.9% damage reduction, 10,183 ehp

...then it can take ten hits instead of eight? Seems like stacking evasion and attack modifiers is always going to give you more effect.

The only reason Armor Emblems have a point is because you have no other options for a third defensive emblem.

You start with an Evade Emblem and an HP Emblem for your first two slots. And then after that, what else are you going to give a defense-focused heavy? The only other emblem that might remotely be useful to a defense-oriented heavy is move speed, of which several heavies have enough of, anyways and those that don't aren't going to move much faster with a move speed emblem anyways because it's a % based increase.

But yea, its effect is pretty pathetic. In comparison to the other two blue emblems (HP and Eva), a five star armour emblem with the same defensive substats gives less effective durability than a three-star HP emblem with the same defensive substats. Lucky for Armor Emblems that you can't equip two of the same type of emblem at the same time.

fghk0
12-17-2017, 07:20 AM
Assuming you have the long range destroyers and artillery for that. What if all your high level tanks are medium or short range?
Speaking of which, the M8 Scott seems to relish in it's own demise. Girl is downright suicidal. I probably should do something to raise morale.

Basically depends on how hard the tank can be and how much damage itself ... Now my tank is not enough.:(

In the battle to be familiar with how to respond to the order of selection tanks ...

Not good at words, because the native language is not English, so I use pictures to express.:p
Cane 8 may be able to solve but the tank must have lost a lot.:(

Myrdin
12-17-2017, 08:57 AM
Your first row of tanks is extremely expensive on Gears uh.
Its fairly risky deployment, if you get rushed by multiple tanks. I suppose its good once the deathball gets rolling though.

fghk0
12-17-2017, 09:34 AM
In general, Lily and Johanna choose to block the wave of enemy attacks, the number of enemy observation using Lina or Zoya choose to eliminate all or a single break.

Some levels are Tessa and Johanna or Lily control DUR. Then Zoya with the second row tank fire support destroyed 3-4 tanks.

Perhaps the cost is very expensive, but efficient removal of the enemy I think it can also reduce maintenance costs.:)