PDA

View Full Version : "New" upcoming game: Armor Blitz

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Unregistered
12-17-2017, 09:34 AM
The temptation to put your high gear cost tanks first is pretty high, because when else do you have 10 gears all at once unless the battle is already won? But you should resist this temptation...my first row tanks (all mediums for sufficient firepower/survivability balance) are all 4 gear cost except for one 3 gear cost. THAT is what gets the deathball rolling. The first enemy tank is greeted by three of my tanks, so they don't have to take much damage at all.

I suppose the lone exception would be to have Maus or another tank with invulnerability to bulwark your lines while you establish the deathball...but I don't own any of those so I don't know much about them except what I see from the other side of the gunsight. Actually, I just shelved the T30 Nira I had been working on in favor of the Catriona I just researched (so glad I didn't research the last one in the lab)...she's going to be a much better contributor once I get her leveled up some.

Unregistered
12-17-2017, 12:06 PM
*shrug*

You're starting off with 2 heavies or 2.5 mediums. (well, at least I am, the only heavies I have cost 5, which isn't more than the 4 my mediums cost)

So my usually lead out is usually either a heavy and a medium, (enemy coming in more than 1 lane) or a heavy and an art. (enemy coming in 1 lane) With the next one out usually a TD.

(Incidentally, game really needs a way to set a threshold at which you auto-recycle emblems, since unlike tanks recycling is all there is to do with them.)

Myrdin
12-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Catriona is amazing. Pretty much Victoria level, with shorter range and better survivability. Kit her out with full offensive emblems, and watch her perform better than some Tank Destroyers.

fghk0
12-17-2017, 05:00 PM
The temptation to put your high gear cost tanks first is pretty high, because when else do you have 10 gears all at once unless the battle is already won? But you should resist this temptation...my first row tanks (all mediums for sufficient firepower/survivability balance) are all 4 gear cost except for one 3 gear cost. THAT is what gets the deathball rolling. The first enemy tank is greeted by three of my tanks, so they don't have to take much damage at all.

I suppose the lone exception would be to have Maus or another tank with invulnerability to bulwark your lines while you establish the deathball...but I don't own any of those so I don't know much about them except what I see from the other side of the gunsight. Actually, I just shelved the T30 Nira I had been working on in favor of the Catriona I just researched (so glad I didn't research the last one in the lab)...she's going to be a much better contributor once I get her leveled up some.

My arrangement does make gear consumption too much, thank you for your advice; it works for me.:D

Maybe putting other tanks that consume 4 gears in the first row reduces the risk, but those weaker DURs increase their damage too much;the remaining DUR after the first wave may be destroyed by subsequent enemy attacks 1-2 Tanks,especially after the enemy tank battles over 42LV (Halloween activities).

Suppose my medium tank can be 30LV Maybe I do not need such a high gear consumption tactics.:)

Look at the level to choose how many gear the tank and wait for gear time difference; This will be my problem.:cool:
(Strong badge deployment, which also increased my distress)

Unregistered
12-17-2017, 08:58 PM
The only reason Armor Emblems have a point is because you have no other options for a third defensive emblem.

You start with an Evade Emblem and an HP Emblem for your first two slots. And then after that, what else are you going to give a defense-focused heavy?

Attack speed? I mean, all else being equal when you ram a heavy with 20% better effective health against a heavy with 30% faster damage output the damage output tank is going to win. Things not being equal, the slight edge in re-fire can make a huge difference if it helps you knock off a heavy hitter like a destroyer before it gets another shot off.

Wish they let you bank event run resets on days you can't log in.

Unregistered
12-17-2017, 09:53 PM
You're starting off with 2 heavies or 2.5 mediums. (well, at least I am, the only heavies I have cost 5, which isn't more than the 4 my mediums cost)

Actually, two 4-gears and a 3-gear can be deployed with minimal delay...once you've placed your second tank, that last gear you need is almost there so you can deploy the third. I use Sarah and Meiling first, with Lila being perfect for the third. They can be boosted shortly after with a Defender shot if you need more time to establish the deathball with other mediums.

TiamatRoar
12-18-2017, 12:15 AM
Attack speed? I mean, all else being equal when you ram a heavy with 20% better effective health against a heavy with 30% faster damage output the damage output tank is going to win. Things not being equal, the slight edge in re-fire can make a huge difference if it helps you knock off a heavy hitter like a destroyer before it gets another shot off.

Wish they let you bank event run resets on days you can't log in.

If the heavy's DPS being 30% faster is enough to make that difference, yea, sure. It's a rather specific circumstance and has to be weighed against the armour emblem's own value though. Even armour emblems, as crappy as they can be, can also make their own significant difference in certain circumstances. It might only end up being a 7% damage reduction or whatever, but it's hard to get a Chieftan or a Conqueror to 100% damage reduction without one and the difference between 93% reduction and 100% reduction when a high level Zoya or GW Tiger is hitting you with their 400% damage skill while you've saved your Chieftan's skill for that moment can be surprisingly big.

Unregistered
12-20-2017, 08:08 PM
Ugh...49 candies is subjectively the worst number of candies to have.

Machcio
12-21-2017, 03:54 AM
I just have a newbie question. Are emblems just supposed to sit in inventory or do you actually equip them on tanks? Info in "how to play" claims about equipping but I actually can't see a way to do so. No button or anything. Am I missing something?

Edit: ok, yes, I WAS missing something. Found it.

GeneralSnuggles
12-21-2017, 08:04 AM
I just have a newbie question. Are emblems just supposed to sit in inventory or do you actually equip them on tanks? Info in "how to play" claims about equipping but I actually can't see a way to do so. No button or anything. Am I missing something?

Edit: ok, yes, I WAS missing something. Found it.

Yes you equip them on your tanks, actually finding emblems and equipping the tanks with emblems that enhance the tanks in a way that fits your battle strategy is one of the core mechanics of the game.

Scouts are the primary way of finding emblems, artillery units are best suited for that task.

To equip Embem, click on Army Icon Bottom rich corner -> then click on unit -> them Click on Item tab under the stats -> then underneath that you'll have three slots with plus, click on the plus on on the emblem you want. You can also upgrade them for better stats.

Welcome to AB, been at it for three months and it's still awesome :)

Unregistered
12-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Is there a way to pull the art out of this game from source like people have for Idol Wars or Kamihime Project?

WhatIconceal
12-22-2017, 10:22 PM
if anyone haven't seen: https://twitter.com/ArmorBlitz/status/944285734730473472

...the Christmas Event has been extended from January 3rd to January 11th. Happy Holidays!

Unregistered
12-23-2017, 06:39 AM
Has the difficulty of the final battle of the christmas event been upped? I've been able to do it every day 1st time (2nd on a few occasions) but today I can't. Lost 4 times now and I haven't even got close to winning on any try.

Unregistered
12-23-2017, 08:39 AM
Has the difficulty of the final battle of the christmas event been upped? I've been able to do it every day 1st time (2nd on a few occasions) but today I can't. Lost 4 times now and I haven't even got close to winning on any try.

Actually, I have found it to be easier the past couple of days. Instead of losing all but one tank (and taking several tries to do that) I'm getting it done with half of my platoon intact on the first or second try.

Also...holy crap, the extension is going to be amazing for a lot of people. For me, I guess it will mean a couple more Soviet tank packs. I've already been saving 100 ornaments/canes for the one I thought could fit in my budget...would have hated to get to the end and only have a ton of jingle bells and nothing good to spend them on...but now it looks like I need to save 200 more for two more packs. Three chances at 40% for a 5*...that's looking good to me!

TiamatRoar
12-23-2017, 10:42 AM
I haven't noticed a change in difficulty for the final battle at all myself. But it can be hard to gauge these things since the same map tile in Armor Blitz can be easier or harder depending on a lot of random factors (such as the enemy's deployment and how often your tanks crit or evade. That and AB's RNG seems to be very VERY streaky in my experience).

General Snuggles
12-23-2017, 06:04 PM
Meet Private Victor, included in Holiday Package

Unregistered
12-23-2017, 09:49 PM
Also...holy crap, the extension is going to be amazing for a lot of people. For me, I guess it will mean a couple more Soviet tank packs.

For me it covers some of the days I'll not have a chance to log in, which means I have an actual chance of getting the event tanks to elite this time around. I'm pretty happy about that. Ulyana looks like one of the best five star heavies in terms of firepower. Possibly THE best for combined dps and ehp.

Unregistered
12-24-2017, 07:43 AM
Should I get Jadgtiger from research? Or there some other tanks I should save BP for?

WhatIconceal
12-24-2017, 08:27 AM
Should I get Jadgtiger from research? Or there some other tanks I should save BP for?

Depends on your team and how much BPs you have; Seren and Victoria considered best 5* destroyers so far, Odette is ok if you don't have any those but not a must have.

Unregistered
12-24-2017, 09:06 AM
About the only thing Odette has over Victoria is a more rapid cooldown of her skill. Personally, I don't think it's enough to replace Victoria, but if you're looking for some weird speed skill build, she's your girl. I use them both...heck, I even use Johanna to good effect and hardly anybody seems to like her.

Myrdin
12-24-2017, 04:41 PM
Victoria is a siege TD, Odette is a line breaker TD.
Got Victoria long ago, form monthly log in. Got Odette last time she popped out in the research, about a month ago. I use both.
Odette can be good for breaking through, when you need that one punch to finally break enemy tank holding your group.
Also consider the fact that Victoria has not yet even once popped up in the research.
Now I have my own theory - same as with Ocica - the research has a pool of girls that it can randomly generate from, but there is a limited amount and not every single one is included.
If you really need a TD right now, go pick Odette up, if you dont, sit on those BP.
Honeslty though - If you didnt pick up Catriona who was just replaced by Odette you missed a lot. She is pretty much a tankier Victoria with shorter range.
I myself em waiting for either a good Light Tank or Artillery of not - Minnie/Katyusha type.

TreadNaught
12-24-2017, 07:44 PM
If you didnt pick up Catriona who was just replaced by Odette you missed a lot.

It may haunt me but I didn't pick up Catriona since I'm only slightly over 3k blueprints and I don't want to miss the AMX-13, Leopard 1a1, Seren, Victoria, T-92 or S-51 if they pop up.
To be honest I'm not completely sold on the S-51 either. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has another tank they think is particularly good or undervalued though.

Unregistered
12-24-2017, 09:54 PM
Also consider the fact that Victoria has not yet even once popped up in the research.

I got her from research. It was about the first time any of us could've possibly afforded her after launch.

Unregistered
12-24-2017, 11:22 PM
dude dont let the s 51 pass, i fot her from factory, after that i rarelly use TD at all, cuz with a 4 star penetration emblem she makes a better job since she hits in area. i only use my stage II to deal with very tough targets like reavers

and she clears mines too

WhatIconceal
12-24-2017, 11:42 PM
To be honest I'm not completely sold on the S-51 either...

Zoya = best arty

...Got Victoria long ago, form monthly log in. Got Odette last time she popped out in the research, about a month ago...
...Also consider the fact that Victoria has not yet even once popped up in the research...

Pretty sure you got Victoria from research, just as I did, cause you said that you got Odette from login: https://harem-battle.club/others/3524-upcoming-game-armor-blitz-116.html#post97776

Myrdin
12-25-2017, 04:43 AM
Zoya = best arty

Pretty sure you got Victoria from research, just as I did, cause you said that you got Odette from login: https://harem-battle.club/others/3524-upcoming-game-armor-blitz-116.html#post97776

Holy shit you´re right !
You failed me my brain :D

Honestly though, playing the game starts to be to much of a chore for me, and I am enjoying it less and less thus it seems like my mind just fades out the ingame memories.

Right, thanks for pointing that out. I completely switched those two.

Now with that being corrected, the description of the girls still stands, so if you are worried I mixed that up as well, its fine in case you were deciding if to pick Odette up or not.
Victoria is a long range TD with "siege" type skill that increases her range to over half the screen (mine has Emblems that boos range so thats why), Odette has a small single target nuke shell - 400% damage I believe.
Both of these girls reload their powers rather quickly, and during harder fights, - like lets say the last two tiles of the current even, I usually get at least one more activation on each of those.
(Odette having a single shell shot, can get even up to 3 per battle, depending how early you deploy her).

Unregistered
12-26-2017, 07:41 PM
Does this thing have a standalone wrapper or something? It's got all the grace and resource efficiency of a dumpster full of burning daikatana cartridges running in a browser.

Mtkut
12-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Guys, im thinkin about something, is Katyusha good arty? cuz i can't drop it from event and im wondering if i should buy her if i can't drop her before event ends

IvanLedah21
12-28-2017, 12:42 PM
Guys, im thinkin about something, is Katyusha good arty? cuz i can't drop it from event and im wondering if i should buy her if i can't drop her before event ends

She has the same skill as Minnie from Halloween event. The two are probably the best artillery after Zola (in some cases they're better than her)

WhatIconceal
12-28-2017, 12:48 PM

You don't have minnie, so go for katy

fghk0
12-30-2017, 12:38 AM

If you do not have Minnie, then you must have Katyusha!!:wink:

For me it is one of the best ways to reduce maintenance by continually bombing and destroying enemy commanders and tanks.:silly:

Myrdin
12-30-2017, 03:21 AM
Monthly log in today gave me Medium Tank T-44 Larissa.
She has pretty good speed and evasion, and her ability is of the defensive type.
Honestly I am happy to get another medium, since they are universally useful.

Your thoughts about this tank guys ?

Also a little angry rant about something thats been getting on my nerves in this game.

*Also I do like the artwork for Ulyana the Event Heavy, but these stories are getting....more retarded by the minute. Srsly who is the writer for this shit ? I could poop out a better 10 liner while sitting on the crapper. Its not that hard to write a soldier character and still let them have personility.
99% of these girls have personalities that would have them instantly fired if they did the shit they do in their stories, and good 50% of them would have gotten court marshalled and executed. Come on creators, maybe... you know... less retarded characters in the future ?

"I have these 2 allies of mine, and we need to move as a unit.... Oh now I am all alone, ah well... oh look enemy siege force, better reinforce this position before pushing forward and regroup with my allies who I left behind like a complete imbecile ?..... Nah scratch it.... chaaaarge.
And of course at the end of the day "Oh I am so sorry general.... let me fuck you to make my screw up go away". (Like this pattern is repeated so often its getting boring). Sure she has a "happy ending" rather than a straight up screw up, but its ridiculous nonetheless.
I know its a game, and all, but its really hard to get people invested into the story even a little bit when the characters act like complete idiots, with no regard for self preservation, tactics, orders, or anything even remotely resembling brain matter... and they are ment to be soldiers for f*ck sake !.

Now as for the rest - I like her artwork. She seems clunky as hell, but she even has a comment where she makes fun of it, and I can appreciate that. Her affection artwork is fairly adorable, and the H. Scene is much better than some of the previous one (though its blurry as shit once again), so its not like I am bashing everything and anything, rather there is stuff well done and credit where credit due. Its just the writing that is abyssal and literally forces the brain out through your ears when reading it. :D

Rant over, carry on.

Unregistered
12-30-2017, 08:57 AM
If you do not have Minnie, then you must have Katyusha!!:wink:

For me it is one of the best ways to reduce maintenance by continually bombing and destroying enemy commanders and tanks.:silly:

I've actually begun to wonder how much better it'd be to have them both. Sometimes I've had to use my Minnie in the last event tiles to clear out an enemy deathball when I've wanted to save her for the enemy commander at the end. I've saved enough cores to buy one of the event girls in the exchange shop...but if I got PT-76 in a Soviet tank pack I was going to save them since Minnie is marginally better than Katyusha. However, now I'm thinking it'd be great to have them both.

Monthly log in today gave me Medium Tank T-44 Larissa.
She has pretty good speed and evasion, and her ability is of the defensive type.
Honestly I am happy to get another medium, since they are universally useful.

Your thoughts about this tank guys ?

People say they don't like her because she's defensive, but I use her speed to save the high-offense tanks I deployed first as they get damaged. If she can keep them alive by taking over the front line, they make up for her relative lack of offense and the whole deathball remains intact. And no, a heavy won't do what she can do.

I have three 5* heavies sitting idle because I simply can't find a good use for them...they're too slow to use in a deathball and they don't put out enough damage to be able to make their greater defensive properties mean anything. Larissa is enough of a tank to fill that role.

Unregistered
12-30-2017, 10:21 AM
Have both Arty Chans and field both.
Having a second of them does not change much, since fielding both at the same time is mostly not needed.

But they'll blow up more than their 4 gear cost and if able to zero in on a deathball or enemy commander, win the game.
And given how squishy they are, having a second "i win" is good, always worth to sacrifice a spot on team for a second "I win".

Unregistered
12-30-2017, 05:33 PM
Angela, M48 Patton is currently in the research slot. On paper she seems slow, low-ish range, but high damage...perhaps a second Sarah only with Valor instead of Ace. Anyone have/like her?

WhatIconceal
12-30-2017, 08:31 PM
from discord:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/326712335672541204/396843948624052224/Angela.PNG

and

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/326712335672541204/396844395745247233/Tank.PNG

that's what i've been saving my BPs for - nice booty... ehh i mean nice dps ofc...:smirk:

TreadNaught
12-31-2017, 12:37 AM
I'm saving blueprints for the M50 Ontos! :)

Really, I'd be tempted to get the M48 Patton if "Valor" wasn't such an unimpressive active skill. I already have an Easy 8 gently rusting away in my reserve platoon because her active just doesn't match up to the Cromwell or Crock.

Unregistered
12-31-2017, 01:06 AM
Is anyone else encountering really wacky physics speed behaviors in this game? Like, the game seems sluggishly for me most of the time, but sometimes it works at almost arbitrarily fast speeds. I just had a game where the enemy spat out it's entire compliment of tanks in the first quarter second of the match. Also sometimes MY tanks will be moving really fast and they'll just zip past other tanks or skip over landmines without detonating them. Zooming the game in the browser window seems to contribute wackyness.

Myrdin
12-31-2017, 02:44 AM
Is anyone else encountering really wacky physics speed behaviors in this game? Like, the game seems sluggishly for me most of the time, but sometimes it works at almost arbitrarily fast speeds. I just had a game where the enemy spat out it's entire compliment of tanks in the first quarter second of the match. Also sometimes MY tanks will be moving really fast and they'll just zip past other tanks or skip over landmines without detonating them. Zooming the game in the browser window seems to contribute wackyness.

Happens to me. From what I´can tell it happens when you load a battle but let it hang on the "Start Battle" screen and do other stuff in another window. Lot of the time this results in my game just speeding up by good 50%.
Which is nice honestly, since there are battles you dont want to Auto, but at the same time it takes to long to do normally. Wish they added a game speed "Fast" option to the standard speed.

Unregistered
12-31-2017, 07:59 AM
Does anyone know if the awful Bob Semple is in the game (as a friendly rather than just an enemy)? I did see that she can, apparently, be built in the factory but I haven't seen that yet.

TiamatRoar
12-31-2017, 09:41 AM
Pretty sure she can't be built in the factory. I've built like, 5,000 tanks and haven't gotten her. Some people claim she could but if so, it must have been a mobile only thing at most and even that I find doubtful.

Unregistered
12-31-2017, 10:14 AM
Yeah, pretty much the same as 'Lost One.' Just as Pvt. Neko and Viktor are player only, Bob and Lost One are Corruption-only.

TiamatRoar
12-31-2017, 11:49 AM
Yeah, pretty much the same as 'Lost One.' Just as Pvt. Neko and Viktor are player only, Bob and Lost One are Corruption-only.

Only on Nutaku. For mobile, Kiwi (that's her name) was an event prize for ANZAC.

http://armorblitz.com/2017/04/april-11th-patch-anzac-event/

Maybe when ANZAC rolls around again, we can get her in Nutaku.

Also, the corruption has lots of Pvt. Nekos in the earliest map tiles. :P (IS-3 Alyona guns down a bunch of them in her story, too)

fghk0
12-31-2017, 08:30 PM
from discord:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/326712335672541204/396843948624052224/Angela.PNG

and

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/326712335672541204/396844395745247233/Tank.PNG

that's what i've been saving my BPs for - nice booty... ehh i mean nice dps ofc...:smirk:

DPS data is very beautiful. In more will be able to reach 1000.:cool:

Marcus
01-01-2018, 12:43 PM
can I get strong enough to get any of the 5 stars from this event before its over or is it hopeless this is how my teams looking right now https://puu.sh/ySaDq/66c930e073.png
would getting any of those guarantee 5 stars be enough to carry me or would they only be slighty better than the 4 stars I have?

IvanLedah21
01-01-2018, 06:24 PM
can I get strong enough to get any of the 5 stars from this event before its over or is it hopeless this is how my teams looking right now https://puu.sh/ySaDq/66c930e073.png
would getting any of those guarantee 5 stars be enough to carry me or would they only be slighty better than the 4 stars I have?

9 days left x 32 = 288 max of a single event item (ornament/candy cane) without reset. 300 is required to get 1 copy of event 5* (can make up difference with Jingle Bells). So yes it is possible. Likely? Not without a bit of whaling. That team is badly underpowered, and the event scales by commander level, meaning you can't go level your team without your commander level shooting ahead and putting you behind the curve.

If you want event unit and are OK with spending money, I'd recommend purchasing Katyusha and going for 1 copy of each, keeping cores in reserve for possible event shop purchase (Gift of Holiday Spirit), since taking 50 off that 300 gives you "wiggle room" of 38 ornaments/candy canes (not accounting for jingle bells) and you'll probably have quite a bit of repairing going on. If you buy the gift bag twice, you have 88 bags of "wiggle room" which is even better since 38 bags of room means you have to clear 7 maps per day while 88 is 5-6, difficult but manageable.

4th map is your commander level,, 5th is +1, 6th +2, 7th +3 and 8th is +5. Assuming you toss a tank or two in front of Katyusha and then pop her skill when there are lots of enemies, you can burn through the first 3-5 maps with minimal losses.

Marcus
01-01-2018, 08:40 PM
where can I buy the 5 stars for 300 at? I only see the boxes with a random one at 40% chance for 5000 bells and 100 of each event item or pay 2000 cores for the girl.

TiamatRoar
01-01-2018, 10:47 PM
where can I buy the 5 stars for 300 at? I only see the boxes with a random one at 40% chance for 5000 bells and 100 of each event item or pay 2000 cores for the girl.

Santa's list. Takes about of a single decoration to get 90k points (though you can also toss in bells too)

Katy and PVT are probably more useful than Polina and Object, though, but you'd need obscene luck to get them without buying the 2000 core packages.

WhatIconceal
01-01-2018, 11:19 PM
90k is for KV-8 which is 4*, to get 5* you need 140k

IvanLedah21
01-02-2018, 12:36 AM
90k is for KV-8 which is 4*, to get 5* you need 140k

Ah right, that's true, so my calculations are off.
140k/300 = 467 ornaments/candy canes (without bells)
467/4 = 117 maps/9 days = 13 maps per day, in other words, impossible without buying gift bags/resets.

Personally, if you're willing to spend, just grab Katy and PVT and call it a day. The event-only 5*s aren't worth the extra whaling and going for them will only impede you from advancing in the game (clearing the main map, especially unlocking oil/currency/metal tiles, and leveling)

Marcus
01-02-2018, 12:13 PM
I see I guess I will just buy pvt cause I like her picture more unless I can get her from the random box without too much effort

Unregistered
01-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Personally, if you're willing to spend, just grab Katy and PVT and call it a day. The event-only 5*s aren't worth the extra whaling and going for them will only impede you from advancing in the game (clearing the main map, especially unlocking oil/currency/metal tiles, and leveling)

Unless you're talking repairs, there's nothing that the event can do to impede game advancement. And there's definitely some levels of the event that anyone can do without losing a single tank. He can definitely get enough for a Soviet tank pack, maybe even two.

I see I guess I will just buy pvt cause I like her picture more unless I can get her from the random box without too much effort

Well, it's a 40% chance at a 5* Soviet tank from the box...and if you pass that hurdle then it's random which particular 5* you get...so it's not all that likely you'll pull her from the box. Probably a better bet to spend the 2K cores and be sure you get her. But I'd take any chances with the boxes for which you might earn enough ornaments/canes before you commit the cores.

IvanLedah21
01-03-2018, 12:23 AM
Unless you're talking repairs, there's nothing that the event can do to impede game advancement. And there's definitely some levels of the event that anyone can do without losing a single tank. He can definitely get enough for a Soviet tank pack, maybe even two.

Well, it's a 40% chance at a 5* Soviet tank from the box...and if you pass that hurdle then it's random which particular 5* you get...so it's not all that likely you'll pull her from the box. Probably a better bet to spend the 2K cores and be sure you get her. But I'd take any chances with the boxes for which you might earn enough ornaments/canes before you commit the cores.

Point 1: Leveling by clearing the main map will cause his commander level to shoot ahead of his tank levels, especially as he gets new, higher rarity tanks (who require more xp to level), causing the event to become harder (as it scales to commander level), so going for event while leveling, while possible, becomes much harder.

Point 2: Totally agree

Jeffrey Uy
01-03-2018, 01:08 AM
I'm new to this game. And Rachel is so damn cute. (Elvie too but Rachel is cuter)

Any tip for a beginner?

Myrdin
01-03-2018, 01:54 AM
Went ahead and picked up the Light Tank for 2K cores.
She perfectly fits into the way I play, and can replace my 4* who has similar defense aura ability. 2K is a lot, but then again, who knows when we get another event, and until then I should have enough to be able to afford the usual event purchase 5* simply by playing the game.

WhatIconceal
01-03-2018, 03:31 AM
I'm new to this game. And Rachel is so damn cute. (Elvie too but Rachel is cuter)

Any tip for a beginner?

here's some basics https://www.reddit.com/r/armorblitz/comments/5bax89/a_beginners_guide_to_armor_blitz/

wiki https://armorblitz.gamepedia.com/Armor_Blitz_Wiki and blog http://armorblitz.com/blog/

also there's official discord (link in game), it's pretty active and you can find devs there

She perfectly fits into the way I play, and can replace my 4* who has similar defense aura ability. 2K is a lot, but then again, who knows when we get another event, and until then I should have enough to be able to afford the usual event purchase 5* simply by playing the game.

got PT from 100/100 pack, go on and hate me :silly:

TreadNaught
01-03-2018, 03:41 AM
Any tip for a beginner?

Get scouting and factory slots opened up as soon as you're able. Don't spend on the wheel of fortune, it's bad.

Try not to swap out any four star tanks you get early on for new tanks. You don't want your commander level growing beyond your tank level.
Some tanks remain useful longer than others. Cromwell and any of the three star artillery tanks are worth keeping about as they age pretty well.

Don't bother upgrading emblems with poor sub-modifiers. Modifier values are slightly subjective, but generally -

> GOOD
Critical Rate + Critical Multiplier - It's best when you get these together as a primary/secondary attribute pair. Crits are the best damage booster.
Evasion - Better on tanks that start with high evasion, but not taking a hit means a lot more than armor.
Damage - Raw damage increases on emblems are great on tanks with a high rate of fire.

> OKAY
Rate of fire / % Damage Bonus - Universally worse than raw damage increases, but better than nothing. RoF is a good attribute on lights for armor shred.
Range - Useful for nudging a tank outside the blast range of that artillery that will be slamming your front line.
HP - Keeping tanks alive is good and this helps, but it'll also jack up your repair costs. Save it for your high evasion lights and high armor heavies.
% Damage Reduction - Beats armor in most cases where armor is relevant. Best when stacked high with HP.
Armor - Not great, but better than nothing.

> POOR
Piercing - Armor isn't much of a defense to invest in penetrating it.
Accuracy - For some artillery this can work against some light tank swarms. Still mostly unnecessary.
Move speed - Bad.
Rotation - No. Stop. What are you even doing.

Shieun
01-03-2018, 06:12 AM
> POOR
Piercing - Armor isn't much of a defense to invest in penetrating it.
Accuracy - For some artillery this can work against some light tank swarms. Still mostly unnecessary.
Move speed - Bad.
Rotation - No. Stop. What are you even doing.

Piercing is useful on high level poc where a heavy can stall you for a long time without penetrations... Although anything more than 70% is considered overkill. 50% is a good place to aim for most tanks. Also accuracy provided dps multiplier for scouting. A very cheap way to boost your light tank dps for scouting.

Myrdin
01-03-2018, 06:28 AM
here's some basics https://www.reddit.com/r/armorblitz/comments/5bax89/a_beginners_guide_to_armor_blitz/

wiki https://armorblitz.gamepedia.com/Armor_Blitz_Wiki and blog http://armorblitz.com/blog/

also there's official discord (link in game), it's pretty active and you can find devs there

got PT from 100/100 pack, go on and hate me :silly:

I really dont care :3
Not even a single 5* from all those "4-5" Tank milestone rewards in this event or any of the previous.
Not even a single 5* emblem from all those "4-5" Emblem milestone rewards either.

As such I expect absolutely nothing when getting those, as such dont need to be disgruntled or salty if I dont get that 5*
I got plenty of 5* just form playing the game for a full Team 1 and currently I got first few pieces in my Team 2.

So you got one extra copy ? Good on you I say, treat her well she is a good support tank ;)

So I must say guys, I am starting to like Polina more and more. At first I was like "ufgh this is pretty weak TD tank" but after seeing how her paradrop ability actually works, I must say, she is an amazing assassin in combination with M3 and a great, super cheap - 2 GEARS for a pretty decent TD that can drop anywhere up to 3/4 of the battlefield. Very good character and the cost makes her autopick - 2 Gears for a TD, thats a no brainer.
The 6 Gear Heavy, is pretty much a reskinned Mouse. Good if you can make her work, has pretty solid stat line and the damage resist ability is godo if used properly.

Its funny really... In this game the Event tanks are better than many of the normal Gacha tanks. The exact opposite of any other game of this type I have played.

Unregistered
01-03-2018, 06:51 AM
Point 1: Leveling by clearing the main map will cause his commander level to shoot ahead of his tank levels, especially as he gets new, higher rarity tanks (who require more xp to level), causing the event to become harder (as it scales to commander level), so going for event while leveling, while possible, becomes much harder.

But that's game advancement hindering event play, not event play hindering game advancement. 100 XP per map for 0 oil is not going to significantly widen anyone's commander level gap. At any rate, people will continue to feel the sting of the commander level gap until they bite the bullet, take one event for the team, and just go for max advancement. Sure, 5*s require more XP to level, but they get a crapton more out of each level they do have than 4*s do. Take a 5*'s level and add an estimated 20% to it for the equivalent 4* level performance.

It's all right to delay advancement if you've got an event going on (like now) and you're in a sweet spot where you can do all the event tiles, but other than that all your time should be spent sprinting toward 50 mostly with tanks you're not going to replace so you can finally begin to close the gap. Can't stress the 'tanks you're not going to replace' part enough. I hit 50 early on during this event. Since then I've narrowed my level gap to within 10 levels with my highest 5*s. My lowest tank right now is 27 (Catriona, from research, who does WAY better than her level implies). Average level of my platoon is 37, which poses no problem for clearing all event tiles at commander level 50 if I'm willing to wait for repairs between each path's tile 8, and it will just keep getting easier from here on out. If I worried too much about not advancing during events it I'd still be feeling the gap instead of maxing out this event.

We have Christmas/New Year's now, then I'm betting one for Valentine's Day, though it's too bad Valerie the Valentine is only a 4* (with possibly an overlapping feature of US tanks for President's Day), nothing for St. Patrick's Day, possibly a Spring event, and a May Day feature for Soviet tanks again. This is as far ahead as I'm willing to speculate, but the bottom line is I think you have enough time to rebuild to 2K cores again before the next event, especially if you keep your lights out scouting.

Locutus
01-03-2018, 08:44 AM
Maybe an obvious question: is there any effective way to powerlevel new tanks, outside of just dropping them in your team and waiting? I had thought about subbing out some tanks for low-star fodder, to boost the fodder before feeding them, but is the rate of return actually worthwhile?

Myrdin
01-03-2018, 08:53 AM
Maybe an obvious question: is there any effective way to powerlevel new tanks, outside of just dropping them in your team and waiting? I had thought about subbing out some tanks for low-star fodder, to boost the fodder before feeding them, but is the rate of return actually worthwhile?

Not really. There are few good, easy maps you can leave the tanks on Auto-Run, but if you build a team of L1 tanks, they wont clear it. Always have at least few high lvl tanks to open the battle with.

Unregistered
01-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Not really. There are few good, easy maps you can leave the tanks on Auto-Run, but if you build a team of L1 tanks, they wont clear it. Always have at least few high lvl tanks to open the battle with.

And you have to reset each map manually anyway so you might as well just run a map with better XP that benefits ALL your main platoon's tanks. Really, unless you're at commander level 50 you'll want to do that anyway regardless of any individual tank's needs.

WhatIconceal
01-03-2018, 03:43 PM
...Not even a single 5* from all those "4-5" Tank milestone rewards in this event or any of the previous.
Not even a single 5* emblem from all those "4-5" Emblem milestone rewards either...

same for me mate, also no 5* factory yet

...Its funny really... In this game the Event tanks are better than many of the normal Gacha tanks. The exact opposite of any other game of this type I have played...

AB is really generous on 5*, like top rarity unit just from login? hell yeah. And there's multiple ways of obtaining those units CONSISTENTLY, not just yolo gacha rolls.

IvanLedah21
01-03-2018, 05:04 PM
So the event tanks thus far have been VERY good except Thanksgiving.

Halloween: Minnie is deathball wrecker and Edna is assassin
Thanksgiving: 7-drop TD is bad regardless of stats, skill is kind of wonky too. Hard to justify in most cases.
Christmas: Slightly cheaper Maus, 2-drop TD that can be dropped 3/4 of the way down the map, Damage Reduction buffer and the other deathball wrecker.

All in all, anyone who's got them all is in good shape.

My current team:
Heavies: Conqueror (43), Chieftan (40), WZ-111 (43), Object (22)
Medium: Super Pershing (45), Strid (43), Type 59 (38), Leopard 1a1 (41)
Light: M3 Satan (39), AMX-13 (44), PT-76 (28)
Arty: S-51 (42), Panzer (39)
TD: Jagdpanther (44), FV4005 (32)

Side Question 1: Who would you suggest dropping: Conqueror, Chieftan or WZ-100, pick 1-2. Can't justify having more than 2 heavies, really
Side Question 2: Who would you add: Polina, Katyusha, Catriona (Focus Fire skill) and Yuliya (Haste), pick 1-2. Actually I have every tank in the game atm (yes I whaled a bit, shush you) so if you have other suggestions, feel free to say so

Unregistered
01-03-2018, 06:13 PM
I have no problem with you whaling...you're keeping our FTP game alive. Has it resulted in you breaking into the top PoC ranks?

Q1: I would drop the heavies...all of them. But that's just me. I feel they're too high cost, too slow, too low DPS, and the HP is just delaying the inevitable while you struggle to get enough gears to drop a replacement. Though if you drop them all at the same time you may suffer from decreased platoon performance. Someone better with Heavies than I am would need to prioritize them for you.

Q2: Put Catriona in there right away. In my platoon her performance level is equal to other 5* M tanks 4-6 levels higher than her own. With her huge range she can follow behind your deathball and you won't have to worry so much about her relative fragility. You already have one of the Arty-Chans, but as we discussed earlier in the thread it may not hurt to have two 'I win' buttons. Don't have any experience with Polina yet, but she sounds intriguing. Other than Edna, who hardly ever dies, I'm not too fond of Haste tanks unless you don't mind sacrificing and repairing them. My goal in most cases (end event tiles excluded) is to make it through a map without losing a single tank, and I never actually plan on throwing one away.

IvanLedah21
01-03-2018, 06:47 PM
I have no problem with you whaling...you're keeping our FTP game alive. Has it resulted in you breaking into the top PoC ranks?

Q1: I would drop the heavies...all of them. But that's just me. I feel they're too high cost, too slow, too low DPS, and the HP is just delaying the inevitable while you struggle to get enough gears to drop a replacement. Though if you drop them all at the same time you may suffer from decreased platoon performance. Someone better with Heavies than I am would need to prioritize them for you.

Q2: Put Catriona in there right away. In my platoon her performance level is equal to other 5* M tanks 4-6 levels higher than her own. With her huge range she can follow behind your deathball and you won't have to worry so much about her relative fragility. You already have one of the Arty-Chans, but as we discussed earlier in the thread it may not hurt to have two 'I win' buttons. Don't have any experience with Polina yet, but she sounds intriguing. Other than Edna, who hardly ever dies, I'm not too fond of Haste tanks unless you don't mind sacrificing and repairing them. My goal in most cases (end event tiles excluded) is to make it through a map without losing a single tank, and I never actually plan on throwing one away.

1) My standard deployment is Conqueror -> S-51 (unless enemy deploys on different lanes and then it's Pershing) and I rarely lose Conq unless it's either the last event map or above level 60 in PoC, so I find her durability sufficient to get the deathball rolling. That said, I'm certain 4 heavies is too many.

2) Catriona and Katy seems like a good swap in for two heavies, Polina I'd like to slip in for the airdrop and 2-cost benefits, but not sure who else to drop (probably will keep Conq and Object for heavies)

By the way, I can break top 1% in PoC unless I'm short on oil, which generally only happens if I go on a Jingle Bell farming/tank leveling spree.

Unregistered
01-03-2018, 07:31 PM
By the way, I can break top 1% in PoC unless I'm short on oil, which generally only happens if I go on a Jingle Bell farming/tank leveling spree.
Cool...I'm sitting on the fence between 10% and 11%...half the time I get it, half the time I don't. Not too terrible for FTP, in my opinion, but I can't get past 'enemy level 60' yet. Which is odd, because unless there's a huge glut of players in my exact position that's a lot of ranking difference for just one map.

Myrdin
01-04-2018, 12:04 AM
Personally I would keep 2 heavys, but it depends on which one.

My two active heavys are Cerys who has the massive damage reduction for pretty long duration (not invulnerability like Mouse mind you), which I use as the opening leader with Victoria in tow as siege TD.

Next I have Alyona who is the support Heavy. I keep her in reserves when I need to reinforce a position that requires a tank that can withstand.
Movenemt emblem and her own active ability are good enough for that. Though I have been considering swapping her in for something else, so far she has performed well and fits my style of running multiple fronts.

Personally I am not picking up Katyusha. I dislike Minnie already to a point. The AI for this type of tank is super wonky, and her "setup" animation take so long you often depleate 1/4 of her active, simply by the fact that the first target dies and she needs to go through the whole fckn animation to redirect. She is amazing when she works, and sucks balls when she doesnt. And the sheer preparation for this takes to much effort and can backfire rather quickly (many times she has been killed by random AOE bs and insta gibbed before even using her one trick pony of a power).
Having two of these, while nice on paper, would be to much of hassle for me to execute.
I´d much rather wait and pick up one of the premium Artillery tanks, or a TD/Medium that has good siege skill like Catriona and Victoria.

Shieun
01-04-2018, 05:20 AM
Cool...I'm sitting on the fence between 10% and 11%...half the time I get it, half the time I don't. Not too terrible for FTP, in my opinion, but I can't get past 'enemy level 60' yet. Which is odd, because unless there's a huge glut of players in my exact position that's a lot of ranking difference for just one map.

This is interesting, I usually just stopped after completing stage #29 and I always get into the 5-7% (sometimes 9%) by reset. I suppose the score multiplier helps a lot.

Unregistered
01-04-2018, 10:05 AM
This is interesting, I usually just stopped after completing stage #29 and I always get into the 5-7% (sometimes 9%) by reset. I suppose the score multiplier helps a lot.

Yeah, but evidently you've figured out a better mix of time/combat bonus than I have. Lately I've been giving up time bonus in the early stages to try to get more combat bonus...but after the level increases significantly I have to just do my normal all-out blitz.

IvanLedah21
01-04-2018, 10:05 AM
@Myrdin, your point on Minnie/Katyusha is valid, which is why I generally use Minnie in two situations:
A) Boss killing
B) Deathball wrecking when I do NOT have multiple medium tanks/TDs out (since then you end up wasting half her skill on enemies killed by your other tanks). Pop her behind a heavy and let her rip, basically. Usually kills enough to let me get a few mediums/destroyers out and build up deathball.

Whether the above uses validate using both is debatable.

Unregistered
01-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Polina I'd like to slip in for the airdrop and 2-cost benefits

I started experimenting with Polina, and I must say if she's got backup by an oncoming deathball that can overtake her and you time it right, her airdrop does really well. I haven't lost her yet on a lvl 39 map and I started her at lvl 3.

The only thing that will suck is that I just KNOW they're going to pull the lame 'wholesome story' bullshit with her.

Unregistered
01-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Finally reached the point where I can spend the event currency I put in reserve for after I secured the main event bags...I bought two Soviet Tank Packs...I got another Irina (4* KV-8) and Yuliya (5* T-62), whom I've really wanted to get and actually fits in really well with my army's style. I'll have enough currency for one more Pack before the event ends, so I'm going to have to shell out 2K cores for one of the exchange tanks...hopefully one of them shows up in that third Pack and I can get both. But if I have to choose, it'll be PT-76 because I already have Katyusha's improved clone Minnie and besides, fuck that 'wholesome story' bullshit.

Shieun
01-06-2018, 12:58 AM
Yeah, but evidently you've figured out a better mix of time/combat bonus than I have. Lately I've been giving up time bonus in the early stages to try to get more combat bonus...but after the level increases significantly I have to just do my normal all-out blitz.

well... i really just auto-ed my way to 24-25, then manual with deploying everything as fast i could.

Jeffrey Uy
01-06-2018, 02:32 AM
I still don't get about Scouting. Am I suppose to scout using H-Units since they have High Durability?

Myrdin
01-06-2018, 02:41 AM
I still don't get about Scouting. Am I suppose to scout using H-Units since they have High Durability?

it depends
HT have 4 slots for items and usually an do super long runs. But they get mediocre rewards.
LT have get the best amount of everthing plus have a good chance for Cores, but onl 2 items slots (and they have less HP so they die faster).
TD are in middle between HT and LT.

What you want to do most of the times is select the LT you want to use for scouting, gear them up with PURE HP and DMG emblems. to buff those stats, anything else - Evasion, Range, Crit, etc is pointless, so use combination of emblems that buff HP and give additional DMG.
With those you can usually ad around 1K+ HP to your tank and between 25-50 DMG, depends how lucky you are how good your OFF main team emblems are.

During events I usually run 3 LT 2 HT or 4 LT 1 HT for scouting. When there are no events running I go with 5 LT to max on Oil and run Ocica and other maps for EXP or Loot.

Jeffrey Uy
01-06-2018, 03:03 AM
it depends
HT have 4 slots for items and usually an do super long runs. But they get mediocre rewards.
LT have get the best amount of everthing plus have a good chance for Cores, but onl 2 items slots (and they have less HP so they die faster).
TD are in middle between HT and LT.

What you want to do most of the times is select the LT you want to use for scouting, gear them up with PURE HP and DMG emblems. to buff those stats, anything else - Evasion, Range, Crit, etc is pointless, so use combination of emblems that buff HP and give additional DMG.
With those you can usually ad around 1K+ HP to your tank and between 25-50 DMG, depends how lucky you are how good your OFF main team emblems are.

During events I usually run 3 LT 2 HT or 4 LT 1 HT for scouting. When there are no events running I go with 5 LT to max on Oil and run Ocica and other maps for EXP or Loot.

What's TD? Also, what about M-Tank and A-Tank (I got a feeling A-Tank is useless... right?)? O..k.. I fused my bronze L-Tank just now. Stupid Move I made. T_T

Can you also give me a guide on team army for World Battle?

Shieun
01-06-2018, 03:56 AM

Light for Oil
Medium for Currency
Heavy for 4 slot items
Tank Destroyer and Artillery for emblem drops

You dont need high durability, the durability damage you take that is not checked against your DPS is % deduction based anyway. Just make sure you have healthy balance of durability and dps. You'll need about 2000+ durability and 200-300 dps on your tanks to survive 8 hours + scouting.

Longest my tanks been out is about 16 hours, but I've heard some people goes for like a day or almost two.

Also dont forget accuracy emblem provide multiplier on top of your displayed dps for scouting. I think one of the defensive sub stats also provides extra durability, but i'm not sure which ones.

IvanLedah21
01-06-2018, 05:09 AM
Light tanks are best for scouting overall because oil is more useful than metal or currency (unless you're at the stage where you want lots of emblem chances) but they die quick due to low durability.

High durability lets you scout longer, with heavies being best for if you're going to work or something. While the non-dps check damage is % based, once you go over 8 hours the dps checks start getting larger and larger so high durability is still useful if you need a tank to last 10+ hours (my own record is a 5* level 38 heavy that lasted 21 hours; that was more just to see how long it could go than to be useful)

Stats to put on scouting tanks, ranked from best to worst:

HP > Damage > Accuracy > Damage Reduction > Attack Speed > Evasion > Damage Bonus > Crit Chance > Crit Multiplier

0 effect: Penetration, Range, Movement, Rotation

Side Note: Are we SURE accuracy buffs scouting? I know its impact on dps is minimal, and is mainly used for countering evade tanks

Shieun
01-06-2018, 06:24 AM
Side Note: Are we SURE accuracy buffs scouting? I know its impact on dps is minimal, and is mainly used for countering evade tanks

Pretty sure. I've checked the dps value with and without accuracy emblem when I sortie Pansy out last time. Without accuracy emblem = no multiplier, with accuracy emblem = multiplier present to the value of accuracy (e.g. 150% accuracy = 1.5 multiplier on display dps for scouting).

Images of my Pansy on the link. First bar without accuracy emblem, second one with accuracy emblem. You can see that my Scouting dps on the second image increased from 264 to 370 (approx 1.39 multiplier) because of the accuracy emblem. While first one doesnt display the multiplier effect (because I removed the accuracy emblem)

https://imgur.com/a/Km4GJ

IvanLedah21
01-06-2018, 11:12 AM
Pretty sure. I've checked the dps value with and without accuracy emblem when I sortie Pansy out last time. Without accuracy emblem = no multiplier, with accuracy emblem = multiplier present to the value of accuracy (e.g. 150% accuracy = 1.5 multiplier on display dps for scouting).

Images of my Pansy on the link. First bar without accuracy emblem, second one with accuracy emblem. You can see that my Scouting dps on the second image increased from 264 to 370 (approx 1.39 multiplier) because of the accuracy emblem. While first one doesnt display the multiplier effect (because I removed the accuracy emblem)

https://imgur.com/a/Km4GJ

Well, damn, that's really good to know. Accuracy's effect on normal dps is almost 0 lol.

TreadNaught
01-06-2018, 02:40 PM
Minnie and Katyusha are low dps, high burst dps units. That makes both of them EXTREMELY valuable for doing the Devonis Stun sHell map that comes up regularly in PoC. No other tank can make as much use out of the sparse seconds of mobility.

Fortunately I just barely managed to snag a Minnie from the Halloween event. Soviet packs have only given me four stars I already own because of course they have.

Jeffrey Uy
01-06-2018, 04:49 PM
Light tanks are best for scouting overall because oil is more useful than metal or currency (unless you're at the stage where you want lots of emblem chances) but they die quick due to low durability.

High durability lets you scout longer, with heavies being best for if you're going to work or something. While the non-dps check damage is % based, once you go over 8 hours the dps checks start getting larger and larger so high durability is still useful if you need a tank to last 10+ hours (my own record is a 5* level 38 heavy that lasted 21 hours; that was more just to see how long it could go than to be useful)

Stats to put on scouting tanks, ranked from best to worst:

HP > Damage > Accuracy > Damage Reduction > Attack Speed > Evasion > Damage Bonus > Crit Chance > Crit Multiplier

Why is oil more important than the others? Uhmmm... how will I know of the stats when scouting? The only things shows there are DUR and DPS.

BTW, what should I spend on Cores? You know those red Hexagonal Shape Thingy?

Unregistered
01-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Why is oil more important than the others? Uhmmm... how will I know of the stats when scouting? The only things shows there are DUR and DPS.

Oil is XP, and XP is the longest pole in everybody's tent...at least until people start maxing out their tanks.

That should be enough said, but if it isn't, when using oil to get XP, you also have chances to get emblems. The more oil, the more chances at emblems you get. If you don't get emblems, you get tanks that can be converted to more XP. Metal isn't ever in abundance (for some people), but compared to another tank level the benefits of using it to upgrade tanks is so minimal that it hardly even matters if you max out a tank or leave it at zero bonus. And currency is just trash, even compared to metal. Yes, 'eventually' you'll want max level on both your relationship bonuses and your emblems, but you should never go out of your way to work specifically on either if the opportunity cost is that you get less oil.

My lights bring back enough emblems, cores, and currency to keep me comfortably supplied. I can't imagine I'd be able to run all the maps I do with the pittance I'd get from TD/A scouts. And H/M scouts? Forget it.

Unregistered
01-06-2018, 07:48 PM
As for your edit...spend cores on opening factory slots and expanding your tank storage. Once you've done this (storage expansion will be an ongoing thing), cores are best used for events. Either you buy supplemental event currency with them to make up for not being able to finish all the event tiles or you can purchase the extra event tanks directly with them (for this event, PT-76 and/or Katyusha). Once your 'basic game needs' are taken care of, they're basically just another event currency.

If you're FTP, I don't recommend spending them on any recruiting. That's whaling territory.

Jeffrey Uy
01-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Currently my oil is at 945 / 3000. I guess I made a mistake on leveling up at Lv 4 spots.

Still learning to play this game and thanks for info. (Although, still confused @_@)

Unregistered
01-06-2018, 11:25 PM
Currently my oil is at 945 / 3000. I guess I made a mistake on leveling up at Lv 4 spots.

Well, you won't be able to get 6,000 oil capacity until you already know what you're doing. But you should be driving toward the oil derrick at the top of the map (lvl 32, Locally Sourced) for 5,000. It isn't really THAT big of a mistake, but you may have screwed yourself out of some oil and that would have held you back. You can recover from it if you catch up to the tiles you can finish. If that doesn't get you past the next oil derrick, you haven't done yourself much of any harm at all, just the marginal increase in XP per oil spent that you get on higher level tiles.

Overall, in this game there's a balance between sandbagging and striving...you benefit the most from doing the hardest level tile you can finish, but you also don't want to waste time or resources on repairs while you still have more oil to spend. So you need to find the highest level tile you can complete without losing any tanks and farm that. As your tanks get to higher levels, you adjust to higher tiles. If you get close to the end of your play session, you can do a run on the highest tile or try a new tile, then let the repairs go on while you're away from the game.

TreadNaught
01-06-2018, 11:47 PM
New research cycle.

Panther II - definite pass on this one.

And I'm not just saying that because I got her as my login reward this month. She's a four star tank masquerading as a five star tank. Well okay, the M10 is a four star tank masquerading as a five star tank (we know about colored contacts, Petra) but the Panther II doesn't boast the element of surprise! ... or a three gear deployment cost. The M26 Pershing is very nearly the same unit and levels up faster. A Sherman Crocodile is easily the better tank after emblems due to it's higher re-fire rate and flame thrower passive. Probably the least remarkable five star medium.

Also she has less armor than the Panther I despite the fact that the Panther II was expressly to be an up engine / armor Panther I. So... yeah, I dunno.

On the other hand her turret is a kitty tail, and that's adorbs.

Jeffrey Uy
01-07-2018, 02:04 AM
Well, you won't be able to get 6,000 oil capacity until you already know what you're doing. But you should be driving toward the oil derrick at the top of the map (lvl 32, Locally Sourced) for 5,000. It isn't really THAT big of a mistake, but you may have screwed yourself out of some oil and that would have held you back. You can recover from it if you catch up to the tiles you can finish. If that doesn't get you past the next oil derrick, you haven't done yourself much of any harm at all, just the marginal increase in XP per oil spent that you get on higher level tiles.

Overall, in this game there's a balance between sandbagging and striving...you benefit the most from doing the hardest level tile you can finish, but you also don't want to waste time or resources on repairs while you still have more oil to spend. So you need to find the highest level tile you can complete without losing any tanks and farm that. As your tanks get to higher levels, you adjust to higher tiles. If you get close to the end of your play session, you can do a run on the highest tile or try a new tile, then let the repairs go on while you're away from the game.

I'm nowhere near Level 32. I'm still at level 17. XD

BTW, I think I didn't get a good resource on scouting. T_T

Myrdin
01-07-2018, 05:50 AM
I picked up Panther II last time she was around, and while not the best sta wise I really do like her and she fits well into my team.
The way I use her is a secondary threat mitigation tank - as in - she is a weaker but faster version of our Super Pershing Sarah chan (never gonna get tired of this name :D ).
When I deploy a flank guard of TD and the enemy drops a counter I send Panther 2 who can get in front of my TD, pop her active, to soak up and still do some damage while backed up by the TDestroyers.
Plus - yeas she is very adorbs :D

Are there better tanks ? Sure. But if you lack mediums, or already have a solid team going on and just want to expand ? Sure why not.
I got her and T-34 100 at the same time pretty much and I must say I like her more than T-34 - now THAT is a lackluster tank. I am just itching at the first opportunity to replace her with some other tank (the event Polina is pretty dope with here paradrop, or I might go with T-44 who is more defensive but I do like her). Plut T-34 has both annoying looks and personality so yeah... :P
But Verena (Panther II) ? I like my kitty cat chan plenty ! :3 (and she is pretty hot tbh hehe)

IvanLedah21
01-07-2018, 08:51 AM
@Jeffrey: The stats I listed are what you prioritize for the EMBLEMS you equip to your scouts. On the actual scout screen you'll only see durability and dps.

@Myrdin: Panther 2 is meh, but Ace is a good enough skill to compensate. T-34 feels like her sole purpose is to kill rushing dodge tanks, which can be done by tanks like Victoria or Catriona, so I'm with you on her feeling lackluster. T-44 is great if you want a heavy that trades some durability for more damage and 1 less cost. Personally, I feel like there is no truly "bad" 5* Medium, but if I had to pick the most lackluster, it'd probably be T-34.

Unregistered
01-07-2018, 09:45 AM
T34-100 is actually an amazing tank if built properly, she just 1-shots stuff, nuff said. Plus, integrated 15% armor piercing and 5% Crit is nothing to be trifled with. Ofc., she wont tank for you though :P

Myrdin
01-07-2018, 10:02 AM
T34-100 is actually an amazing tank if built properly, she just 1-shots stuff, nuff said. Plus, integrated 15% armor piercing and 5% Crit is nothing to be trifled with. Ofc., she wont tank for you though :P

I have Jagdtiger (Odette) for that job, and she is amazing. her shot deals 300% (50% more than T34) damage, but yeah her being a TD makes her less resilient.
What emblems do you use for your setup ? (if you can throw a pic. with the stats on them, even better). I mean I´ll gladly take a good advice if it can help me improve my units :)

Unregistered
01-07-2018, 10:23 AM
Myrdin

I dont have Odette, but her skill is Crit Shot 5 (according to wiki), just the same as T34-100. But T34-100 being a MT has better speed and rotation. And also better survibability AND better overall DPS. So im definitely not switching my t-34 for Odette :). But they are basically the same, yes

TreadNaught
01-07-2018, 11:43 AM
I feel like there is no truly "bad" 5* Medium, but if I had to pick the most lackluster, it'd probably be T-34.

Really? The T-34/100 has a 5% critical rate and 15% penetration base and a better all around stats than the Panther II. She's a tougher, faster, cheaper more powerful Jagdtiger.

Hikari
01-07-2018, 02:41 PM
Really? The T-34/100 has a 5% critical rate and 15% penetration base and a better all around stats than the Panther II. She's a tougher, faster, cheaper more powerful Jagdtiger.

T-34/100 might have better stats but Panther II's Ace is a better skill. That's an opinion though. It feels more like Ace has a greater effect, due to working for 15 seconds and boosting all the relevant stats, as opposed to one hard hitting shot. I can usually get two rounds of Ace activation in a high level map.

What T-34/100 isn't is a "more powerful Jagdtiger". She's just a hard hitting medium. Having 50% base pen on the Jagdtiger is fantastic, it puts her 2nd among tier 5 TD's. Meaning, you can forgo worrying about putting a pen emblem on and focus on crits instead. 20 range/5 speed keeps her safe in the back, 3.8k durability puts her 3rd among all TD's. Nothing to rely on but nice for aura damage/a sneaky light.

Also, cats are better than foreheads. :wink:

IvanLedah21
01-07-2018, 02:50 PM

As said by others, Ace is overall a better skill than Critical Shot. If there's only one enemy incoming (which is where CS shines), chances are your deathball is going to be rolling over the opposition anyways. Jagdtiger might have lower stats than T-34, but has better penetration and range, which are what you want on a tank built to one-shot stuff. Only time I can think of that CS > Ace is a rush tank charging your commander (either sneaking past deathball or before your deathball gets going), and JT will do the job just as well as T-34. Rather than saying T-34 is better than JT, I'd say it's a tradeoff of cost for range/penetration since they're both one-shotting anything that's not a heavy anyways.

All this being said, this is still arguing which is the worst member of the overall best class of tank in the game (mediums), a class where every single tank is perfectly viable.

Kusho
01-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Hikari

OK, i do put Penetration emblem on my T34-100, and also a Crit rate emblem and a Crit damage emblem. What do you equip on your Jagdtiger? Because every other stat is better on a T34-100 by MUCH, and you dont need to stack more penetration as it would be a waste (provided the folmulae at wiki is to be trusted). I dont consider 3 range (20 vs 17) big enough to make any difference. Got the feeling my T34-100 would end up better at everything (not to mention cheaper) no matter what you equip on the JT, but thats just me, maybe?...

Also, i think ppl tend to overrate the ACE skill, just ask yourself the question: What ROLE do i assign my tank to? Do i want to tank with my Ace 5 Med? Sure, i can, but there are clearly superior options for a solid front line. Do i want to backline DPS? Then ACE just provides 50% damage for 15 sec -- not bad, but clearly any pure DPS skill is better than that - Valour, Autoloader, Rapidfire, and Critical Shot too (imho).

Ofc you can just throw a bunch of Ace Meds and watch them go on rampage, but thats hardly the best tactic out there

No argue with you on the cats part, bro =^.^= ... <3<3

Mtkut
01-07-2018, 06:20 PM
I finally have 15 5* tanks, that event is somewhat good for me, i got t62m and is7 from that exchange and OI for logging, after collecting whole team of 5* i somehow feel there is no more reason to play till they make another event or maybe more story.

BTW do you guys think it will be possible for developers of Armor Blitz to add lets say 6* tanks which might be from Cold war period or modern?

kusho
01-07-2018, 06:33 PM
Mtkut

I hope they do that! And 7-star Turbo-Laser Tanks!! xD

TiamatRoar
01-07-2018, 06:35 PM
They do really need to come up with a reason to keep going once you have a full 5-star platoon. (and no, that "buy and have extra platoons" feature is just utterly useless). It just gets depressing when the only progression left is levelling up your tanks instead of getting new tanks.

IvanLedah21
01-07-2018, 07:26 PM
Hikari

OK, i do put Penetration emblem on my T34-100, and also a Crit rate emblem and a Crit damage emblem. What do you equip on your Jagdtiger? Because every other stat is better on a T34-100 by MUCH, and you dont need to stack more penetration as it would be a waste (provided the folmulae at wiki is to be trusted). I dont consider 3 range (20 vs 17) big enough to make any difference. Got the feeling my T34-100 would end up better at everything (not to mention cheaper) no matter what you equip on the JT, but thats just me, maybe?...

Also, i think ppl tend to overrate the ACE skill, just ask yourself the question: What ROLE do i assign my tank to? Do i want to tank with my Ace 5 Med? Sure, i can, but there are clearly superior options for a solid front line. Do i want to backline DPS? Then ACE just provides 50% damage for 15 sec -- not bad, but clearly any pure DPS skill is better than that - Valour, Autoloader, Rapidfire, and Critical Shot too (imho).

Ofc you can just throw a bunch of Ace Meds and watch them go on rampage, but thats hardly the best tactic out there

JT is better at killing heavies, they both will likely one-shot the rushing evade tanks, and for survival and regular dps purposes T-34 is better. But they're from different tank types so this is expected.

Ace is great because all those pure dps skills you mentioned do nothing to make sure the tank survives to deal damage in the first place (all those skills rely on the tank being behind a heavy/dodge tank in order to get maximum benefit). Yes Valor is flat out at dealing damage, Autoloader and Rapidfire are better except against heavies possibly and Critical Shot is dependent on Attack Speed/Cooldown (300% 1-2 times vs. 150% for 15 seconds which is at least 6 shots and with Valor medals possibly 7 or 8). All of the above do nothing to ensure survival long enough to deal the damage (except CS which is upfront in its damage). Ace lets your tank both kill AND endure more than a medium should be able to (or heavy in the case of Chieftan)

@Tiamat: Get the rest of the 5* tanks, then :p The situation you describe is for whales like me who have EVERY 4-5* tank in the game

TiamatRoar
01-07-2018, 09:45 PM
I already have every 5 star tank I want besides Leapard. At this point the rest would be downgrades.

Jeffrey Uy
01-07-2018, 11:36 PM
*sigh* I envy you guys that you have more than 4 star Unit. Maybe I should scout with M Tank since it mention about raid more Currency which I need it to buy more Scouting Space.

TreadNaught
01-08-2018, 12:29 AM
*sigh* I envy you guys that you have more than 4 star Unit. Maybe I should scout with M Tank since it mention about raid more Currency which I need it to buy more Scouting Space.

4 star units aren't all bad. There are four star tanks that don't have a five star role equivalent, like the M8 Scott and the Crocodiles.

Try to capture cities as soon as you can. It's the only way to get currency that's not phenomenally tedious. Currency is one of those things that's debilitatingly scarce early on and then (presumably) becomes over-abundant once you've maxed out all your emblems and bought all your scouting slots and so on.

Jeffrey Uy
01-08-2018, 01:03 AM
4 star units aren't all bad. There are four star tanks that don't have a five star role equivalent, like the M8 Scott and the Crocodiles.

Try to capture cities as soon as you can. It's the only way to get currency that's not phenomenally tedious. Currency is one of those things that's debilitatingly scarce early on and then (presumably) becomes over-abundant once you've maxed out all your emblems and bought all your scouting slots and so on.

I'm not even sure which 4star is good. So, is it alright to upload a photo here?

Hikari
01-08-2018, 03:43 AM
Hikari

-snip-

Here you go.

By no means the most optimized emblems, still looking to improve by a fair amount. Luck Emblem subs gives me extra damage/evasion/pen/attack speed, precision emblem subs gives me extra HP/Move speed/Evasion/attack speed, and attack speed emblem subs give me accuracy/crit/evasion/penetration/damage bonus. Unless I'm unlucky, she gets a lot of crits for 1500ish while sitting behind my heavies while regular attacks. Can one shot a few mediums/lights/some TD's as well with a crit ability shot. Great at hurting those evade tanks.

Myrdin
01-08-2018, 04:50 AM
Personally, to me the game is boring. I already said this before, but the lack of content, the long down time between events, and the constant PoC 2 days grind is as far as content goes, lack luster.

Many tanks I have still lack stories - which is another thing that can keep you going for a while, but when there are none.... well damn now what ?
If the game doesnt increase the content variety, I will slowly drop it once Girls Symphony returns on DMM (should be just few months away now, we already got a notice from the new team). The game has some good things going for it - its very generous, the event tanks are actually pretty good compared to other games event units, the BASIC art style of the girls tends to be very very nicely done (especially on heavy tanks the armor looks good), but over all, the problem with this game is - once you clear the main story and get the tanks you wanted, clear most of the character stories and equip your main squad.... there is not really much to keep your interests.

For example Flower Knight Girl, (on DMM that is) has multiple layered story lines, many different missions types, some of which require you to rebuild your team completely to fit, older events are re-issued periodically, the main story line missions are slowly being added, ALL the girls of 5-6 tier have theri character quests and at least 1st H scene done, (not sure about the chara. quest with lesser tier girls, but ALL of them have H scene if nothing else) and overall there is so much stuff you can do you that its actually impossible to get everything done at the same time, and you need to decide what to do and who to keep for next time (as you lvl up and get more Stamina per lvl this helps a lot in the long run).
So the game is actually never really boring. And doesnt feel like chore. Something I have actually felt when playing AB - especially with PoC and the boring event missions which offer zero variation.

TreadNaught
01-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Personally, to me the game is boring. I already said this before, but the lack of content, the long down time between events, and the constant PoC 2 days grind is as far as content goes, lack luster. So the game [. . .] feels like chore. Something I have actually felt when playing AB - especially with PoC and the boring event missions which offer zero variation.

I get what you're saying, there's not much end game content and the lane game format can only carry so much variety before it starts getting gimmicky. The repair system is one of the things that makes playing feel like a chore because it crimps you into only using only a tiny portion of your tanks as reservedly as possible. It would be amazing if the game broke out of the lane game format completely to do some open field combat with elevation, line of sight and so on.

Or like, let you build bases on captured tiles. Add a simple hex layout, each hex hold one unit or bunker and units stationed on a map stay there so you've got something for one, two and three star tanks to do. Base building elements like bunkers and mines would be something to spend currency on. Maybe bases could do something like give you one candy* on a successful defense.

*Or some other as yet unimplemented shiny.

AB could also do with some serious UI streamlining. Eg-
How many clicks does it take to get to the center of "Where did I put that one goddamn evasion emblem with the extra range?"

FKG has a lot more 'content' but isn't really engaging. It's not a game so much as a background process with tits.

Myrdin
01-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Well lets be honest here, if you want a "Game" like what you described, you go play Civ. or DoW (not the shitty 3rd one though), etc.
Most of these games are ment to be super casual where you are not required to actually "play". You set up your team and let the auto combat do its thing. No one can expect Xcom when coming into these games. Thats not what Browser games of this type set out to do.

Personally I would like to see some variety in AB. Heck they could even to few Tower Defense maps, where you deploy your tanks on a winding path, they dont move, lets say they are elevated or something, and the enemy sends enemies towards you general.
Or maybe a map where you can employ only Light tanks, and have to rush enemy positions. The map would be twice the size in length, and you would have to send your troops charging. Another one could be a hold the line mission where you can use only Heavy and Artillery tanks, and the enemy would send non tank units - Monsters (some reskinned creatures), at you and you would have to hold the line. offensive general abilities would be turned of and you could use only Heal and Defense up for example.
I mean there are options. Something to break the monotone line combat just like you mentioned.
But I suppose thats not what AB set out to do, I guess. Its supposed to be farily simple mobile game in the first place, so I do get it that improving on its aspects must be compatible with the mobile version, and they might be reluctant to change the formula that is already working.

I like the idea of Being able to upgrade tiles to some degree and assign tanks that could "work" the tile would be a interesting concept so that you bench sitting units have something to do.
It could for example give you things like placeable neko turrets, bunkers, mines etc. Just like what the enemy corruption gets, you could place some "annoyance" structures and items on the field before the start of the battle. The workable tiles would create these items - Imagine something like a hybrid between Factory and scouting, where multiple girls would be creating the item for a certain amount of time. It might cost some resources, and depending of how many girls and of what rarity are working on it, the building time might be reduced, or you would get a higher chance of getting better item (lets say there would be a 10% chance to get the big bunker Tower instead of the small neko turret, or something of that sorts")
Yeah those would some cool things to break the boring monotone feel of the game, even if a little bit.
PoC is another thing by itself though, but... ah well.

TreadNaught
01-08-2018, 03:33 PM
. . . you want a "Game" like what you described, you go play Civ. or DoW.

I DO really enjoy playing dawn of war.
. . . Well hell, you've twisted my arm.

Myrdin
01-09-2018, 02:46 AM
I DO really enjoy playing dawn of war.
. . . Well hell, you've twisted my arm.

As do I.
Dark Crusade is my favorite of them all, despite how good DoW 2. Soultstorm was Ok, Sisters and Deldar were fun, but I felt like the addition of pseudo flyiers didnt do good for the game, and the stroy telling was several notches weaker than in Dark Crusade (especially the character personality and speech you always got from them in DC was much worse in SS)
For how old it was, that game did so many things right.
Heck they even added the Tau and Necrons, something these titles normally either skip over coz - Posterboys, Space elves, Green Gitz and normal Humies are almost always the basic standard - or you have to wait for expansions.

EDIT:

So got enough event items togather before the event ends to do the 40% chance pull and - lo and behold - lady luck smiled on me and gifted me with T-62 !
This girl looks amazing ! I like her since she appeared in the main story. Her stats, at least in my oppinion are great for what is she supposed to be -a fast, back up tank with huge basic in build evasion.
And just to clairfy for the haters - this is the first time I got a 5* from any of those "4-5 Tank" pulls. Every single time I got a 4* Tank, or 4* Emblem. So this girl is literally my first when it comes to those type of event pulls.

What are your thought on her ? What emblems should I go for ? Seems Evasion and Accuracy to buff her survival as well as get her above 100% acu (she has 99% as base value) and the last one... HP ? She is not a fighter, she is a back up "oh shit I need to deploy something fast, to reach and protect my gun line" type of tank in my oppinion.

Unregistered
01-09-2018, 11:06 AM
As do I.
Dark Crusade is my favorite of them all, despite how good DoW 2. Soultstorm was Ok, Sisters and Deldar were fun, but I felt like the addition of pseudo flyiers didnt do good for the game, and the stroy telling was several notches weaker than in Dark Crusade (especially the character personality and speech you always got from them in DC was much worse in SS)
For how old it was, that game did so many things right.
Heck they even added the Tau and Necrons, something these titles normally either skip over coz - Posterboys, Space elves, Green Gitz and normal Humies are almost always the basic standard - or you have to wait for expansions.

EDIT:

So got enough event items togather before the event ends to do the 40% chance pull and - lo and behold - lady luck smiled on me and gifted me with T-62 !
This girl looks amazing ! I like her since she appeared in the main story. Her stats, at least in my oppinion are great for what is she supposed to be -a fast, back up tank with huge basic in build evasion.
And just to clairfy for the haters - this is the first time I got a 5* from any of those "4-5 Tank" pulls. Every single time I got a 4* Tank, or 4* Emblem. So this girl is literally my first when it comes to those type of event pulls.

What are your thought on her ? What emblems should I go for ? Seems Evasion and Accuracy to buff her survival as well as get her above 100% acu (she has 99% as base value) and the last one... HP ? She is not a fighter, she is a back up "oh shit I need to deploy something fast, to reach and protect my gun line" type of tank in my oppinion.

I was a Necron player on TT, so I also preferred DC over any other DoW title. And I also got T-62 from one of my Soviet Packs. I agree that she's gorgeous. I haven't figured out exactly what emblems I want on her, but at this point she's one of my 'too low to matter, just grind XP for now' tanks. But eventually extra evasion will be paramount. Other than that I don't know.

Unregistered
01-09-2018, 07:02 PM
Third Soviet Pack result: 5* IS-7 Vitaliya. The Packs turned out to be a pretty good deal for me...only one 4* and that was another KV-8. Not that I'll use a Heavy in the platoon at all, but she's one of the freaking hot ones.

Total 5* haul for the the duration of the event:

Event:
IS-7 Vitaliya (Pack)
T-62 Yuliya (Pack)
3X Object 279 Ulyana (Candy Canes)
3X ASU-57 Polina (Ornaments)
PT-76 Eliza (Core Exchange)

Non-event, but added during the event timeframe:
Centurion Mk V Catriona (Research)
M48 Patton Angela (Research)
ARL44 Amelie (Login)
IS-3 Alyona (Factory)

This brings my total number of discrete 5*s to 24. If anyone 'hates' my luck that's fine, but you really should want it to be possible to clean up as a FTPer. Also, I only had the cores to spend on Eliza because I declined to purchase RNG cornucopia during the Thanksgiving event. As I see it, I picked my battles wisely.

Oh, and my 5* emblems were Valor and Evasion...I think they're both going to go on Yuliya.

Also, can we PLEASE get our own Armor Blitz subforum now?

IvanLedah21
01-09-2018, 07:23 PM
@Myrdin: I'd personally recommend Valor (Attack Speed), Evasion and Hope (HP) as your emblems. Probably have Accuracy as a secondary on one of them. Her active (Haste) buffs AS in addition to move and evasion, so she'll not only rush to the front but do a good amount of damage too. HP and Evasion are obviously for survival. Secondary stats to look for are Damage, Evasion, HP and Damage Reduction. Critical stats are always good too of course

Zandel
01-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Third Soviet Pack result: 5* IS-7 Vitaliya. The Packs turned out to be a pretty good deal for me...only one 4* and that was another KV-8. Not that I'll use a Heavy in the platoon at all, but she's one of the freaking hot ones.

Total 5* haul for the the duration of the event:

Event:
IS-7 Vitaliya (Pack)
T-62 Yuliya (Pack)
3X Object 279 Ulyana (Candy Canes)
3X ASU-57 Polina (Ornaments)
PT-76 Eliza (Core Exchange)

Non-event, but added during the event timeframe:
Centurion Mk V Catriona (Research)
M48 Patton Angela (Research)
ARL44 Amelie (Login)
IS-3 Alyona (Factory)

This brings my total number of discrete 5*s to 24. If anyone 'hates' my luck that's fine, but you really should want it to be possible to clean up as a FTPer. Also, I only had the cores to spend on Eliza because I declined to purchase RNG cornucopia during the Thanksgiving event. As I see it, I picked my battles wisely.

Oh, and my 5* emblems were Valor and Evasion...I think they're both going to go on Yuliya.

Also, can we PLEASE get our own Armor Blitz subforum now?

Perhaps if you made an account and logged in to post the mods might think it was worth a sub forum. As it is we have so many Unregistered posts that it's hard to say if you are one lazy person or many. If it's many then we would get our own sub for AB if you all became less lazy. It's not like you have to use your real / game / nutaku name here if you don't want too so it can't be a privacy thing.

Unregistered
01-09-2018, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I've been over this on the FKG subforums. It might have even been with you, but even with your exalted name attached, I can't remember...which should tell you something about the importance of a forum name. Why do you care so much whether or not I attach a name to my posts? I don't depend on some library of past posts to make my points carry weight in other posts...each post either carries sufficient weight to stand on its own or it doesn't. I find this further anonymity within an anonymous forum to be a novel experience, and I feel no obligation to change that to satisfy your anal-retentive need to put a label on everyone. But to satisfy just a bit of your curiosity...some of the anonymous posts here are not mine. There are at least two other anonymous posters here

In any case, we're up to 137 pages of AB posts and only a tiny bit of it is lame attempted no-name shaming. Even though I've never played it, Mononofu has 139 pages. This is more than enough activity to justify a subforum for each. The rest in here are all under 40 pages. Meanwhile, it has been a full week since the last post in the PPS subforum, and all the way back to November for OI. The mods should know to do this on their own.

DeffDreadNaught
01-10-2018, 12:09 AM
Perhaps if you made an account and logged in to post the mods might think it was worth a sub forum. As it is we have so many Unregistered posts that it's hard to say if you are one lazy person or many. If it's many then we would get our own sub for AB if you all became less lazy.

Hey! I may be lazy, but my reason for not logging in has nothing to do with laziness. I like the freedom to disengage. To evaporate into another name when people get dogged or argumentative.

That said, it does seem to be a fairly small number of frequent posters. Plus I'm not sure how much benefit a dedicated sub forum would be. Most of the game information is handled well enough by the wiki, though some things (like accuracy effecting scouting dps) are non obvious enough that it would be good to have in a sticky. It's definitely a game where a 'new player pitfalls' outline would save trouble.

Myrdin
01-10-2018, 01:01 AM
For fucks sake... coz yes registering under a shitty nickname and setting the page to autologing is too much work.

I dont get it. If I post a single comment and never again post again, fine stay unreg, but if you actually are posting regularly, then register. 10 seconds of your life, and it makes it much butter to look at.
Also having the option to address a person by their name (call yourself 12345 for all I care, but its better than having no lynch pin at all) makes it a bit more comfortable for others as well.
Plus good point about wanting our own Forum part and yeat most of the people here are posting as unreg.
And if you wanna dissappear, just gtfo any time you want. Its not like people will go track you down, just to chat with you.
I get the idea of anonymity but the reasons stated are just nonsensical

And with that said, ending my little rant. You migt have noticed by now, I dont hide my thoughts and speak directly the way I see fit, but that doesnt mean I have a problem with anyone who wants to stay unregistered - you do you, but then dont ask for impossible.
Getting a part on the board means the admins can see a certain amount of dedication and consistent activity from the posting community, if the majority is unreg "I wanna wanish whenever" people, of course they are not going to give us the space and time. It means more work for them, for no tangible reason used on something that they might just close down anyway once the general population of the thread drops.
You want something, you have to give something. Thats how fair trade works, in general.

TreadNaught
01-10-2018, 01:14 AM
This brings my total number of discrete 5*s to 24. If anyone 'hates' my luck that's fine, but you really should want it to be possible to clean up as a FTPer.

I don't hate your luck, but I do hate mine. I just barely managed to scrounge up enough bells to burn that I could reserve 50 ornaments / candy canes towards a second soviet pack... and got two SU-152s. So my efforts and cores turned into 50 blueprints.

Unregistered
01-10-2018, 01:39 AM
You want something, you have to give something. Thats how fair trade works, in general.

Something doesn't only become a good suggestion when there's a name attached to it. Any mod who only listens to certain names doesn't know the first thing about moderating. The admins here allow anonymous posts, and it doesn't really seem to matter that you guys don't like it...that's the way THEY like it.

TreadNaught
01-10-2018, 04:57 AM
10 seconds of your life, and it makes it much butter to look at.
i.imgur.com/AwL77DU.gif

There's a difference between 'nonsensical' and 'I don't see the sense'. Try googling "faceless-together". Kazerad wrote a pretty decent piece on the subject.

Mods have site metrics. Some rando post or a few extra logged uses isn't going to influence them one way or another.

So back on topic, what tank would you like to see in game? I was thinking troop transports. Like, a M113 ACAV is just a slightly shoddy light who's special dumps catmandos everywhere.

Eliont
01-10-2018, 08:32 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTMBLOBUMAEYww8.jpg:large

Unregistered
01-10-2018, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the reminder...I haven't quite gotten the knack of automatically associating 'end of event' with 'mandatory maintenance.'

Myrdin
01-10-2018, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the reminder...I haven't quite gotten the knack of automatically associating 'end of event' with 'mandatory maintenance.'

Yeah same here (looking at you Nutaku FKG).

I like the idea of the APC carrier, but those Neko chans aint exactly strong nor resilient so it depends how many or how strong they would be (if the APC would be cheap on Gears and could spawn like 10 battle kittens, than thats 10 shots the enemy has to use to cut through them, which can buy you time / or maybe they could be commando kittens, bit stronger with some penetration, sure they would die after one hit, but if they could do some damage ? I can see that work)
Yeah I like the idea of the unit carrier. Dont think wez gonna see it but that would be some cutue and cool dakka right there :D

Zandel
01-10-2018, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I've been over this on the FKG subforums. It might have even been with you, but even with your exalted name attached, I can't remember...which should tell you something about the importance of a forum name. Why do you care so much whether or not I attach a name to my posts? I don't depend on some library of past posts to make my points carry weight in other posts...each post either carries sufficient weight to stand on its own or it doesn't. I find this further anonymity within an anonymous forum to be a novel experience, and I feel no obligation to change that to satisfy your anal-retentive need to put a label on everyone. But to satisfy just a bit of your curiosity...some of the anonymous posts here are not mine. There are at least two other anonymous posters here

In any case, we're up to 137 pages of AB posts and only a tiny bit of it is lame attempted no-name shaming. Even though I've never played it, Mononofu has 139 pages. This is more than enough activity to justify a subforum for each. The rest in here are all under 40 pages. Meanwhile, it has been a full week since the last post in the PPS subforum, and all the way back to November for OI. The mods should know to do this on their own.

I personally don't care if you sub or not to the forums. I was pointing out that Sub forums would be much more likely to appear if all the unreg were named and thus showing up as actual users. I've managed forums before and most do not have an easy way to tell how many guests their are unless they are all online in at the same time.

TiamatRoar
01-10-2018, 05:32 PM
The developers have stated that they actually tried to make an APC carrier tank that spawned nekos, but it ended up being extremely buggy so eventually they ditched the idea.

Unregistered
01-10-2018, 05:53 PM
Yeah same here (looking at you Nutaku FKG).
FKG at least has the scrolling text at the bottom to alert you to it...with AB the only notice is way down below the playing area, where anyone who wasn't already checking for maintenance and thus didn't need a reminder in the first place, isn't going to see it.

WhatIconceal
01-10-2018, 09:45 PM
patch notes http://armorblitz.com/2018/01/january-10th-patch-notes/

Unregistered
01-12-2018, 01:10 AM
I hope they don't make recycling stories a thing they ever repeat. I haven't unlocked any of KV-8's stories yet, but so far Object 279's story is just a rehashed version of PT-76's story, with only a little bit from each one's point of view...both of which also featured KV-8 as the last member of the trio. At this point I may just give KV-8 a hard pass on unlocks.

At least the H-part is bound to be unique for each, as PT-76 didn't include the others in hers. Although...would that have been such a terrible idea?

TreadNaught
01-14-2018, 06:59 PM
I hope they don't make recycling stories a thing they ever repeat.

I don't mind them doing rehashing the same event in tank stories, but they don't always do a good job of making it a fresh or interesting perspective. See: Tiger I and Tiger P.

Like, I think it's cool that they gave Seren and Catriona the same outfit given that the real world FV4005 stage II is based on a centurion chassis. I wouldn't at all mind if they had a story overlap*. It's good to have the tank appearance, performance and stories actually relate to the tanks they're representing. Some tanks stand out as being pretty damn different considering their common ancestry or shared components.

* They may. I don't own either.
Up on research... Jagdtiger again. Blugh.

Unregistered
01-14-2018, 07:42 PM
I don't mind them doing rehashing the same event in tank stories, but they don't always do a good job of making it a fresh or interesting perspective. See: Tiger I and Tiger P.

Like, I think it's cool that they gave Seren and Catriona the same outfit given that the real world FV4005 stage II is based on a centurion chassis. I wouldn't at all mind if they had a story overlap*. It's good to have the tank appearance, performance and stories actually relate to the tanks they're representing. Some tanks stand out as being pretty damn different considering their common ancestry or shared components.

* They may. I don't own either.
Up on research... Jagdtiger again. Blugh.

Catriona's story has nothing to do with Seren (and given how it went you'd think she'd smile a little). No idea about Seren's story. But more to the point, PT-76 and Object's stories don't just 'overlap' like the Tiger sisters...it's the same freaking story, word for word except for the last frame of each story segment. KV-8 has to be a LITTLE bit different as she doesn't even appear in some of the PT/Object scenes...but I'm not going to bother with a 4*'s stories until all my 5*s are unlocked.

Actually, I'm a little bit relieved that we've had repeats in research...leveling Angela, Yuliya, Polina, and Eliza all at once is stressful enough. I want them all to get to at least 25 before I add another new girl.

Myrdin
01-15-2018, 04:12 AM
With the Reasearch repeat I decided to go for it and Elited M3 Satan, since I use her a lot as a fast cheap assassin tank (I think Polina will be pretty damn good in this role as well once lvl up)
L tanks get pretty high stat bonuses (dont get me wrong its still small compared to other tanks) but once elited she became even better for her role.

Unregistered
01-15-2018, 12:00 PM
With the Reasearch repeat I decided to go for it and Elited M3 Satan, since I use her a lot as a fast cheap assassin tank (I think Polina will be pretty damn good in this role as well once lvl up)
L tanks get pretty high stat bonuses (dont get me wrong its still small compared to other tanks) but once elited she became even better for her role.

Yeah, I elited Edna right away...I haven't regretted it. At the time I figured that Minnie was already powerful enough, but I will have a tougher decision between her and Polina. Probably Minnie since I will use her every battle and I might not do that with Polina.

Myrdin
01-17-2018, 11:51 AM
Server Maintenance going on.
Damn I didnt do Invasion missions today as I was low on oil. Damnt
What did I loose on ? Cores / Candy ?

Unregistered
01-17-2018, 01:05 PM
Blueprints, I think. I always do invasions first...but I was counting on this time to finish PoC. I swear, the devs for this game are fucking clownshoes about maintenance.

WhatIconceal
01-17-2018, 03:44 PM
patch notes http://armorblitz.com/2018/01/january-17th-patch-notes/

TiamatRoar
01-17-2018, 06:53 PM
There was still time after the servers came back up to finish PoC or invasions though. Sucks for those who had to go where ever for work or school or what else though.

Myrdin
01-18-2018, 01:39 AM
patch notes http://armorblitz.com/2018/01/january-17th-patch-notes/

Thanks for the link *thumbsup*

There was still time after the servers came back up to finish PoC or invasions though. Sucks for those who had to go where ever for work or school or what else though.

Timezones are the true enemy here :D

Unregistered
01-20-2018, 05:56 PM
O-1 Mayumi (H) in the research slot this week. Definitely not my cup of tea, though she looks kinda hot.

Unregistered
01-20-2018, 08:54 PM
what does her skill Multiturret actually do?

TreadNaught
01-20-2018, 10:46 PM
O-1 Mayumi (H) in the research slot this week. Definitely not my cup of tea, though she looks kinda hot.

She does have the multi-turret passive, but it's not as good as it sounds. I forget where I looked it up before but it's something like 10% primary target damage to up to two secondary targets. But hey, that's still more than most heavies get.

She's got a nice long active. Twenty seconds +55% armor and 60% attack speed. What's funny to me is that her special explicitly states 'Usable once per battle.' like that doesn't apply to literally every other heavy/pseudo-heavy's active skill. So you need 45% base damage reduction to shrug off non penetrating damage with her and she has a base armor of 123. So you need to add about 87 armor. Your average 5 star armor emblem will get you 67 or so, and you can get a minor %damage reduction modifier to make up the difference.

Simply having a long defense active probably makes her a better 'pure' defensive meat-shield than Object, but since Object's active doesn't rely on defense you can invest that emblem slot in evasion or something and not suffer for it.

In other news, I got a M48 Patton running Ocica. So I have my first ever five star drop. Figurative champagne all around. It's too bad she has Valor as her active, but she's a nice tank otherwise.

TiamatRoar
01-21-2018, 02:42 AM
What's funny to me is that her special explicitly states 'Usable once per battle.' like that doesn't apply to literally every other heavy/pseudo-heavy's active skill.

It's actually pretty easy to get to use Chieftan or Conqueror's skill twice in a match. You're pretty much guaranteed to get the chance to do it with good use of the Defense lieutenant skill as long as an enemy Seren doesn't show up in a bad spot.

The other re-useable skill, Fortress, has way too long a cooldown though and it's extremely rare to get to use that twice before the tank that has it dies.

Myrdin
01-21-2018, 07:03 AM
She looks nice would like to se her story and Hscene, but costs 7 points. I aint using that, so other than collection, there is no reason to get her.
Will hold onto my blueprints for now I suppose.

Unregistered
01-21-2018, 02:32 PM
In other news, I got a M48 Patton running Ocica. So I have my first ever five star drop. Figurative champagne all around. It's too bad she has Valor as her active, but she's a nice tank otherwise.

Congrats! I bought her when she was in the research slot. I think you'll enjoy her story as it breaks from the 'tee-hee, I screwed up, let's fuck'/'tee hee, I have a rivalry, let's fuck' molds.

TreadNaught
01-21-2018, 06:28 PM
Good to hear. Unsure what tank she'll eventually replace at this point. Sakura, maybe.

Jeffrey Uy
01-23-2018, 12:10 AM
Is there an easier way to get emblem aside scouting?

Myrdin
01-23-2018, 03:57 AM
Is there an easier way to get emblem aside scouting?

From the respective Gacha in the shop and playing the world tiles.
During events there are special deals in the Event shop where you can exchange event currency for random emblems.
And then there is Ocica - which has the chance to drop High Tier (4-5) emblems and tanks. Its a very small chance though.
I think I got one 5* Emblem from Ocica, so far, no 5* tank though.

WhatIconceal
01-23-2018, 03:14 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/326717416119730176/405457259062362123/Server_Update.jpg

Jeffrey Uy
01-23-2018, 10:19 PM
Ocica? Where is that?

DrunkMonkGar
01-24-2018, 12:50 AM
Ocica? Where is that?

It's the city on the East side of the crater.

Myrdin
01-24-2018, 02:04 AM
Ocica? Where is that?

Very last City you can get to currently.
All of the levels on that tile have a chance of high tier loot although its fairly small chance.
It also gives good exp, so if you can clear the map without suffering to much dmg, you can farm that one.

I wonder when they will unlock the last 4 map tiles including Abyssinia and the Crater itself.

WhatIconceal
01-24-2018, 03:27 PM
patch notes http://armorblitz.com/2018/01/january-24th-patch/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUVnUXAX4AE0Z24.jpg:large

Unregistered
01-24-2018, 07:01 PM
I got Cerys for my login 5*. I guess I'm glad to have her, but ugh...heavies. At least she only costs 5 gears, but I still don't think I'll bother using her.

Jeffrey Uy
01-24-2018, 07:45 PM
I'm SO Far away. T_T

Unregistered
01-25-2018, 12:17 AM
Could not help but to notice this in patch notes,

- We’re testing out a major new feature that will roll out in a couple weeks. That’s why patch content has been pretty light so far. Also, a new character will be coming next week! She’s a cute one!

Uhm. Gents you are supposed to roll content out weekly or by weekly and adding one char, should not be news but what happens each and every week. You have had an very long christmas period event to be ready and we are almost at feb, need to pick up. a lot.

Now that it is not seem harsh. But seriously. Production is way too low.

Unregistered
01-25-2018, 03:55 PM
I'd rather hear that more girls are on the way than to hear nothing. If that's all they have to say then let's hear it. Of course I'm also 'meh' because most of the time when they say 'cute' they mean no H-content. STOP DRAWING LOLIS IF YOU'RE AGAINST LOLI H-CONTENT!

As for the rest, it depends on just how 'major' the major new feature is. Perhaps the Christmas event break will allow them to get the next event (Valentine's?) out on time without the new feature interfering. Or without delaying the new feature to ensure the next event is on time. We'll just have to see. Not sure most players are at the 'nothing new, I'm bored' phase because most of us don't have all the girls yet and very few, if any, of us have them all maxed yet.

TreadNaught
01-25-2018, 07:34 PM
Production is way too low.

As long as they're getting something done on the game it's a good thing. Personally, I'd rather play a good game with low unit turnout than another ugly pile of mediocrity that produces a steady stream of units with useless redundancy or overt power-creep. We have enough of those already.

Myrdin
01-26-2018, 02:15 AM
I hope they add the last 4 story tiles soon.

Also - did you guys notice, but the Turkey and the Spider boss from previous events have a chance to pop out randomly instead of the usual corrupted Commanders ?
Was doing my daily quest on the second game tile (still tutorial one) and encountered the turkey boss. Later that day I got the spider boss from the last event.
I must say I like the idea of re-using them this way, better than for them to be just a one time thing.

Unregistered
01-26-2018, 09:42 AM
I hope they add the last 4 story tiles soon.

Also - did you guys notice, but the Turkey and the Spider boss from previous events have a chance to pop out randomly instead of the usual corrupted Commanders ?
Was doing my daily quest on the second game tile (still tutorial one) and encountered the turkey boss. Later that day I got the spider boss from the last event.
I must say I like the idea of re-using them this way, better than for them to be just a one time thing.

Yeah, I noticed that in PoC yesterday...but I would be OK just seeing them in their events every year. The turkey boss brings back bad memories of that fucking RNG-hell event.

Jeffrey Uy
01-26-2018, 06:05 PM
Yay! Got myself my first ever 5 Star General. It's Maus Isabel a Heavy Tank. Uhmm... Should I still focus on defense or balance her MS and Accuracy?

ANd wtf? 7?!

Unregistered
01-28-2018, 12:14 AM
Sarah's on the research slot this week. I'm considering picking her up for the dupe, not so much for the XP bonus but to work toward eventually making her elite. I should have another 3K blueprints by next week, so I'm not going to miss out if a 'must have' pops up. Thoughts?

TreadNaught
01-28-2018, 12:25 AM
ANd wtf? 7?!

Maus is one of those few 7 gear units that can actually be worth it due to long invulnerability. Her invulnerability isn't armor based so you don't need to emblem for it necessarily, but she's going to be absorbing fire for you so evasion and damage reduction sub skills are not a bad choice.

Supah Pershing on research. Pretty high end medium tank.

Jeffrey Uy
01-28-2018, 02:39 AM
Maus is one of those few 7 gear units that can actually be worth it due to long invulnerability. Her invulnerability isn't armor based so you don't need to emblem for it necessarily, but she's going to be absorbing fire for you so evasion and damage reduction sub skills are not a bad choice.

Ok More on defense. Is there really point on evasion? So emblem for accuracy and Movement speed is useless?

Nope
01-28-2018, 09:06 AM
As a 13k+ dur, level 37 Maus owner, I can only say prepare to enter /meh and /shrug

While looking nice on paper her cost is horrible and the timer before invul can be used is endless. Simply put, she be out there alone most of the time for a long period, take huge amounts of fire that she cannot mitigate at all due to skill not ready.

So you'll need to put emblems on her to let her live long enough to actually use the skill.

This leaves one stuck nicely. With her being too costly, slow skilled and blown up in many of the situations where she'd be a natural choice to field. And entirely irrelvant if an invul tank is not needed, since in those cases (95% of all fights) why not play a 4 or 5 cost tank, pocket the saved gears for an additional DPS on the field and move on with life.

She has her uses mind you, some rare situations where she win the game, but honestly, she is most of the time a fair incarnation of her namesake tank, big and imposing, but actual use. Not so much.

Unregistered
01-28-2018, 10:41 AM
Yep, 7-gear tanks are meh. Id say 6-gear are meh too, with 1 exception: The Sturmtiger (aka Devastator)

Unregistered
01-28-2018, 11:04 AM
I don't own Maus, so I can only describe what happens when I face her. It's a series of 'ifs' with her.

1. If she survives long enough to use her invulnerability, and
2. If she has backup in the form of several AOE tanks, and
3. If she drew all the aggro before my deathball was able to target those AOE tanks, and
4. If my tanks don't get a commander/PT-76 defense up in time....

THEN I worry about Maus.

Since your opponent won't have 4. available, if you can manage to time her deployment so that the first three ifs line up, then she would be worth her deployment cost (which the AI opponent never needs to consider, so she could be more effective on the other side than in a player's hands). Other than that, I wouldn't bother...but then again, I'm the anti-Heavy guy.

Myrdin
01-28-2018, 11:36 AM
Thats why I like the FV214 Conquerer so much.
Cerys costs 5 gears, with gear and lvls can get very high HP values, and her skill while not making her immortal, mitigates huge amount of damage.
If you run a split line, and have a secondary off-tank ready to take on some heat, or just drop the commander defense bubble on her its not unheard of for her to get it twice in a long combat.
Very good tank, hence why I am not using the HT from the last event (Object 279), who is pretty much a Mouse equivalent.

Hmm dupe Super Pershing Sarah chan... yeah she is a solid girl, especially since I got her from the get go (pre-register bonus). As such she is nearing that coveted L50 with slow but steady pace and getting a dupe and a potential for second one in the future to Elite her...
What are her Elite % Bonuses ? +10 or so ?

TreadNaught
01-28-2018, 02:41 PM
Very good tank, hence why I am not using the HT from the last event (Object 279), who is pretty much a Mouse equivalent.

Object is really more of an E-100 upgrade. Maus is more defensive. There are some things you don't want to walk a heavy tank into if you can help it. If the enemy opens with any of the hard hitting artillery or TD are best met with a cheap sacrificial runner like the M5 Stuart. If the enemy drops a rusher at you you can intercept with a 7 gear heavy and they'll mix it up near your Lt. while your gears replenish. Otherwise I wait until I have 10 gears before deploying a 7 gear unit because you want to limit the time they spend alone above all else. Maus REALLY needs a backup fire-support unit to bring up your dps. The M8 Scott does this well for the Maus since it's range is only 10 and the M8 is a 3 gear deploy.

Unregistered
01-28-2018, 03:49 PM
Hmm dupe Super Pershing Sarah chan... yeah she is a solid girl, especially since I got her from the get go (pre-register bonus). As such she is nearing that coveted L50 with slow but steady pace and getting a dupe and a potential for second one in the future to Elite her...
What are her Elite % Bonuses ? +10 or so ?

10% HP, 13% Damage.

Jeffrey Uy
01-28-2018, 05:34 PM
So... I got a bad 5 star? T_T

And who's this Sturmtiger?

Unregistered
01-28-2018, 06:59 PM
So... I got a bad 5 star? T_T

And who's this Sturmtiger?

I'm not going to say that any 5* is bad...she's just really expensive to deploy and as I said before (the series of IFs) very situational. I have never been a fan of ANY heavy tank once I got my mediums up to a workable strength. I've got all six of my 5* heavies sitting out because I just don't have any use for them. A couple of TDs/Artys and lights made the cut on my team, but no heavies. But if she's your only 5* and you don't have the same aversion to heavies that I do, see if you can make her work for you.

Jeffrey Uy
01-28-2018, 07:08 PM
So Medium are your tanky?

Unregistered
01-28-2018, 07:18 PM

My main row is:
Super Pershing (E): 6475/751, M3 Satan (E): 4690/525, T-62: 6536/612, Panzerwerfer: 2830/99, Jagdpanther: 3135/565.

That wipes out most things that I run across, with backup from my other units dropped in as necessary.

I do have an Object 279 (E) at 10153/341, but I haven't found a great use for her yet... sometimes her invulnerability barrier comes in very handy but sometimes she just flops over dead and at a 6 gear cost that's really rough.

Mediums just seem to be the best all-around unit, give them decent support from TD or Artillery and they can clean up. The main goal is to kill the enemy tanks before they can build up a deathball of their own (so your tanks take less damage) and heavies just don't seem to do enough damage to accomplish that for me.

Jeffrey Uy
01-28-2018, 07:25 PM
Here's mine and not sure if I got it right:

Hetzer, Churchil I, M24 Chafee, Tiger I, Kv-2
M12, IS-2, MS Stuart, Semovente da 75/18, Su-14-1
M26 Pershing, Tiger (P), Sherman Firefly, Elefant and AC4 Sentinel.

Maux is doing scouting.

Unregistered
01-28-2018, 08:08 PM

Yeah, I use ten Mediums, one TD (Victoria), two Lights (Edna, Eliza) and two Artys (Zoya and Minnie). I lead off with Sarah, Meiling, and Lila, then either Petra or Larissa depending on how fast the first three are moving across the screen or whether one of the first three needs someone else to draw aggro. Nika is fast enough to take over the aggro later on in the battle. It hardly ever gets to the point where I need to deploy anything but Mediums, except on higher PoC maps, and I sub in a couple of TDs (Johanna and Odette)for my two lowest Mediums on those.

TreadNaught
01-28-2018, 10:41 PM
I think heavies would be less maligned if they were less likely to end up as dead metal on your team after any close fight. Like if tanks threw a tread and stopped moving forward when below 15% health then heavies would be less of a liability as damage sinks because they'd stop advancing onto fire. Reinforcing your front with shorter ranged tanks only helps when the enemy isn't tossing waves of S-51s* at you.

*The enemy is never not doing this.

Shieun
01-29-2018, 05:18 AM
Has anyone succeeded getting into the 1% with MT deathball strategy?

I know MT deathball strategy works for lower level poc, not sure about higher level one.

Unregistered
01-29-2018, 09:36 AM
Has anyone succeeded getting into the 1% with MT deathball strategy?

I know MT deathball strategy works for lower level poc, not sure about higher level one.

I'll let you know once my MT deathball gets enough XP to not need the lowest ones to sub out. I think the highest point I've cleared in PoC so far is the one with lvl 62 tanks, but that's with the subs. I'm regularly getting to 6% these days, but the two lowest Mediums only make it to the lvl 50 map. Still, each map always begins with the same Medium deathball...the TDs/Artys are just for cleanup at the end.

I won't ever run a pure MT deathball roster, though...Eliza, Victoria, Minnie and Edna are too useful (plus, there are only twelve 5* Mediums in the game and I'm still missing Astrid, Lina, and Clara, and they seem really reluctant to have any Medium event tanks so they might never add another). I'm only willing to keep one 4* in there, and that's for waifu reasons.

Unregistered
01-29-2018, 09:40 AM
Ugh...realized a mistake from last night...Nadia is the one who is fast enough to take over aggro later on in the map.

Unregistered
01-29-2018, 11:21 AM
Update: Pushed myself a bit today and got the mostly medium deck to lvl 66 before losing, which translates to 3% with 6 hours left. Medium deathball is effective at higher PoC levels, but I don't know yet if this translates to the very highest levels. My platoon's average level is 38.5, with the highest (my one 4*) at 48, the lowest at 26.

Shieun
01-29-2018, 01:45 PM
Wouldn't say stage 33 is a high poc though. Been to stage 40 once and anything without high DR skills kinda dies really quick... that and zoya...

Myrdin
01-29-2018, 02:26 PM
Got Leopard 1a1 from monthly log in. Cute, though not sure if good.

Thoughts ?

Unregistered
01-29-2018, 03:28 PM

Thoughts ?

You got Leopard 1a1 (aka Leopard lol) and not sure?!... Shes the best tank in game you lucky basta ;)
Damm i badly need Leopard lol... lol

WhatIconceal
01-29-2018, 05:21 PM

Thoughts ?

she's a top tier medium for sure

Unregistered
01-29-2018, 08:42 PM
Wouldn't say stage 33 is a high poc though. Been to stage 40 once and anything without high DR skills kinda dies really quick... that and zoya...

Which is why I included a caveat about not knowing about the 'very highest levels.' The 97th percentile counts as high to most rational beings, though. If it isn't high, why isn't everyone getting there?

Unregistered
01-29-2018, 08:45 PM

Thoughts ?

Highest base evasion Medium in the game. Don't have her yet myself so I don't know how to build her (I suspect adding to her evasion will be key), but I'm really looking forward to getting her.

TreadNaught
01-29-2018, 10:40 PM
Highest base evasion Medium in the game. Don't have her yet myself so I don't know how to build her (I suspect adding to her evasion will be key), but I'm really looking forward to getting her.

Yeah, one of the few tanks I would buy if it came up on research without a second thought. High base evasion is great and unlike armor, evasion only gets better as you add more. If you can squeeze 37 extra evasion out of your emblems then her active makes her 90% invulnerable for 15 seconds. I don't think there's any tank below five stars that could toe off against a 1a1 and have a reasonable expectation of winning.

Myrdin
01-30-2018, 03:36 AM
Well.... lol :D

Thanks for the tip guys. I gave her a 5* Evade emblems (pushed her evasion to 45%), from my another tank, a maxed out 4* HP emblem and Attack speed Emblem that has a good damage reduction and damage bonus added on it.

Its not optimal, but I like HP emblems on all my tanks, that are not build for pure damage.

Anyway this is mu current setup.
I swapped few girls in and out. Also dont mind the Icons - all of these girls are maxed out on affection (with the exception of LOL chan, but I got her like yesterday/today, depending on the time zone you are in), but I dont always use their affection skin, since many times the basic artwork is so much cooler.
Cerys is my top tank, Sarah is my off tank for a side lane when I need to stop gap some charging LT. IS-3 Alyiona is my back up tank, when I need to throw something fast and sturdy out there in case the mane line is broken.
I run a siege comp with Cerys and long range TD in the middle and fast, semi durable semi offensive Mediums to run the flanks. Edna and Polina are assassin types I use mostly for Invasion missions since they can get out there fast and punch the Light type enemy commander down fast. I am grooming T-62 for the same purpose but you can see on her lvl that she is fairly new to the unit just like Leopard lol.

https://i.harem-battle.club/images/2018/01/30/FBz.jpg

WhatIconceal
01-30-2018, 11:48 AM
Hello Generals. There will be a server update on January 31st from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/326717416119730176/407963794506121231/update.jpg

Unregistered
01-30-2018, 02:28 PM
I appreciate the heads up, since they still refuse to do any in-game notification. I also wish they'd do their maintenance downtimes on days when PoC wasn't ending.

Jeffrey Uy
01-30-2018, 05:12 PM
I think heavies would be less maligned if they were less likely to end up as dead metal on your team after any close fight. Like if tanks threw a tread and stopped moving forward when below 15% health then heavies would be less of a liability as damage sinks because they'd stop advancing onto fire. Reinforcing your front with shorter ranged tanks only helps when the enemy isn't tossing waves of S-51s* at you.

*The enemy is never not doing this.

So... What ratio of the platoon? I mean like how many HT, MT, AT, LT and DT on one team. Cause I think my team isn't great. T_T

TreadNaught
01-31-2018, 02:00 AM
So... What ratio of the platoon? I mean like how many HT, MT, AT, LT and DT on one team. Cause I think my team isn't great. T_T

The specific tanks you have to are going to change what your optimal ratio is, but the general schools of thought on that tend between 'throw a wall of medium tanks at it' and 'throw a heavy at it and then walk artillery up behind that'. General advice, try to get a T-70 if you don't already have a PT-76. That area armor boost is massively important to your survival in some fights.

I kinda want both so I can chain defensive actives. . . welp, I've got an entire year to hoard cores for Eliza now.

Jeffrey Uy
01-31-2018, 03:06 AM
T-70 and PT-76? Eliza? God, so many unfamiliar tank.

Shieun
01-31-2018, 03:33 AM

Depends what you have really...

MT deathball should work up until 3-5% ranking in POC, but after that it is very likely that you will need to use HT + TD/Arty deathball to progress further.

I am personally running a hybrid of both since having too much arty = very hard to auto climb poc. I know some of the top 10 is running stuff like 2-3 HT, Lots of Arty/TD, and anything else you have that can boost your Damage Reduction rating (T-70 and PT-76) and probably cheap emergency tank (e.g. Satan)

WhatIconceal
01-31-2018, 02:27 PM
patch notes (http://armorblitz.com/2018/01/jan-31st-patch-notes/)

yet another "100% Wholesome story"; also PoC getting harder it seems.

https://i1.wp.com/armorblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/daisyt92.png?resize=768%2C436

Unregistered
01-31-2018, 04:01 PM
yet another "100% Wholesome story"

For fuck's sake, AB...you've made the decision to adapt your game into a porn game for a porn site. Deliver the porn! If your artists refuse, fire them and get ones that will comply with your mission statement.

TreadNaught
01-31-2018, 07:41 PM
Facking hell, a full 20 seconds of 30% area damage boost deliverable to a target area with stun for 2 gear cost? That thing is not even remotely balanced. *Throws Polina in the trash*

Myrdin
02-01-2018, 02:46 AM
Facking hell, a full 20 seconds of 30% area damage boost deliverable to a target area with stun for 2 gear cost? That thing is not even remotely balanced. *Throws Polina in the trash*

Well good thing there is no real PVP in the game then.

Yeh she is very good, I used one of these attack buff 4+ and she was solid. This girl being able to paradrop straight into the middle of your death ball is even better.
Plus she is cute I give them that. But I agree with the person above - my thought exactly - you decided to do H content version for the PC, deliver on the H content, or stop drawing characters that are too young looking (lolis) for which sexual content, your artists or country have laws against.
Or just outsource the god damn thing. Many amazing artist freelances who take commision work will be more than happy for their work to be featured in a game.

Nope
02-02-2018, 12:26 PM
Armor Blitz.

Where adult content becomes a sunday school.
Now with less content produced (tm).

I recall seeing some old posts somewhere last year, were it was claimed it would take them several years to fill out their missing content due to the sloooow art production.

Can only say sorry you were wrong to that guy. It will take decades, not years.

In his defense. Dont think he saw wholesome come in from nowhere, in an adult game on an adult gaming platform

Nope
02-02-2018, 12:46 PM
Found it, september 2017 from dead ulmf forum,

Pasting it for entertainment value, I didnt do any count, but pretty sure the numbers of missing are almost unchanged all said and done.
This tank be stuck in the mud (for now)

-

Hm. But, it is just 1 new character added. Which is the baseline standard. So the more characters is correct but a bit thin.
The more art is a swing in the air. There is not more art as such, unless one insists on counting the new ARL44 itself here, it is exactly the same, which is,

5* : 5 missing.
4* : 28 missing.
3* : 17 missing.
2* : 14 missing.
1* : 12 missing.

Compared to 30 units with (a) story and (b) art. So 30 of 106(*disclaimer for counting and what not). Which is just absurd 2 months+ in.
Even the AMX-40 in the Gatcha pool does not have story or art (again btw ... does story and art really need to follow each other? why not get the tank's background fleshed out? The writing should take a fraction of the art time to do. Story could do with some improvements too btw. yes. Even for an adult game).

Also it would be more honest of them at this stage to scratch the 1* and 2* or at least make them story only. I mean come on.
At this speed it will take over 5 years for the all missing units (2 in 8 weeks at 76 missing) = 304 weeks O_o

Unregistered
02-02-2018, 06:14 PM
I don't care if they never clear their backlog (except for my 4* waifu, but everybody's got their own favorite). I do care that they're spending the time and effort they do have available writing and drawing bullshit 'wholesome' stories in a porn game.

Myrdin
02-03-2018, 03:39 AM
Skipping 1-3* at the rate they are doing things is mandatory if they ever want to have a chance to catching up with the stories and artwork.
And yes I agree - while I dont mind non "H" stories, if they decided to open the game for H content they need to deliver on that part, instead of the non H.

Jeffrey Uy
02-03-2018, 07:48 PM
Anyone knows about SU-100 and Tiger II from Research?

WhatIconceal
02-03-2018, 08:10 PM
Tiger II

skip if you have any 5* heavy; if you don't, think twice before taking her

SU-100

same high penetration shot skill like Seren and Odette, but why bother with 4* anyway

Jeffrey Uy
02-03-2018, 08:19 PM
skip if you have any 5* heavy; if you don't, think twice before taking her

same high penetration shot skill like Seren and Odette, but why bother with 4* anyway

I have Maus. I am still confused the difference Critical and Penetration.

WhatIconceal
02-03-2018, 08:49 PM
I have Maus.

what about 4* heavies?

I am still confused the difference Critical and Penetration.

critical multiplier - increases damage when tank crits, penetration = ignores enemy defense

Jeffrey Uy
02-03-2018, 09:33 PM
what about 4* heavies?

Churchill I (3*), Tiger I, KV-2, IS-2 and Tiger (P),

WhatIconceal
02-03-2018, 10:46 PM
There's 2 team compositions i can suggest: <br />
1 - you can try using Maus as your main heavy, but she's 7 gears, slow, her skill can be used only once and takes much time to charge; <br />
2 - Tiger I or...

Jeffrey Uy
02-03-2018, 11:01 PM
Maus is at the low lovel right now. I'll give your advice a shot. What about the rest of HT? Also, want me to post the rest of my platoon?

WhatIconceal
02-03-2018, 11:52 PM
What about the rest of HT?

churchill is ok for start but you already have better ones; KV-2 is heavy-arty mix so no good.

Also, want me to post the rest of my platoon?

yeah sure, go ahead.

Jeffrey Uy
02-04-2018, 01:29 AM
Platoon:

Hetzer (3*) , Churchill I (3*), M12 (4*), Tiger I (4*), KV-2 (4*)
IS-2 (4*), Jagdpanzer (4*), SU-14-1 (4*), M24 Chafee (4*), Semovente da 75/18 (3*)
Sherman Firefly (4*), Elefant (4*), Tiger (P) (4*), MS Stuart (4*), m26 Pershig (4*)

Reserves / Scouting

Type 5 Chi-Ri (4*), T-34/85 (4*), Sherman Crocodile (4*), Sherman Easy 8 (4*), AC4 Sentinel (4*), M4 Sherman (3*), Maus (5*), M18 Hellcat (4*)

Myrdin
02-04-2018, 02:53 AM
You know its easier and faster just to take a sceen shot and post your team like that.
Just saying.

Jeffrey Uy
02-04-2018, 02:59 AM
You know its easier and faster just to take a sceen shot and post your team like that.
Just saying.

I'll try next time.

Unregistered
02-04-2018, 09:45 AM
If you eventually want Maus in there you're going to have to bite the bullet and put her in the platoon while she's low, because there's no better XP in the game than running maps. And the best time to do this is in the times between events (and during events, just not for event maps). You just won't be able to count on her to do anything.

WhatIconceal
02-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Platoon:

Hetzer (3*) , Churchill I (3*), M12 (4*), Tiger I (4*), KV-2 (4*)
IS-2 (4*), Jagdpanzer (4*), SU-14-1 (4*), M24 Chafee (4*), Semovente da 75/18 (3*)
Sherman Firefly (4*), Elefant (4*), Tiger (P) (4*), MS Stuart (4*), m26 Pershig (4*)

Reserves / Scouting

Type 5 Chi-Ri (4*), T-34/85 (4*), Sherman Crocodile (4*), Sherman Easy 8 (4*), AC4 Sentinel (4*), M4 Sherman (3*), Maus (5*), M18 Hellcat (4*)

Churchill - swap for Maus (as mentioned if you want to use her in the future, it's better to keep her in your team);
KV-2 - swap with T-34 for defense-type medium or Easy 8/Chi-Ri for offense;
Semo - high penetration skill good vs heavies, but can be swapped with Chi-ri or Hellcat for more DPS;
Firefly - swap with AC4 (same skill but has better stats and 15% base evasion);

main heavy - Tiger sisters or Maus; support heavy - IS;
defense medium - T34; offense medium - Chi-ri, Easy 8; AC4 - anti-evasion; M26 - versatile medium;
Hetzer - fast TD with 7 sec stun skill; Jagd - solid TD, still using her myself; Elefant - ok base penetration + crit shot skill, good vs heavies or evasion tanks; Hellcat - glass cannon;
M24 - good buff/debuff;
Stuart / Sherman Croc- assassin tanks, should clear invasions fast.

Jeffrey Uy
02-04-2018, 07:00 PM
If you eventually want Maus in there you're going to have to bite the bullet and put her in the platoon while she's low, because there's no better XP in the game than running maps. And the best time to do this is in the times between events (and during events, just not for event maps). You just won't be able to count on her to do anything.

Guess I missed the event(s). Huhuhu

Churchill - swap for Maus (as mentioned if you want to use her in the future, it's better to keep her in your team);
KV-2 - swap with T-34 for defense-type medium or Easy 8/Chi-Ri for offense;
Semo - high penetration skill good vs heavies, but can be swapped with Chi-ri or Hellcat for more DPS;
Firefly - swap with AC4 (same skill but has better stats and 15% base evasion);

main heavy - Tiger sisters or Maus; support heavy - IS;
defense medium - T34; offense medium - Chi-ri, Easy 8; AC4 - anti-evasion; M26 - versatile medium;
Hetzer - fast TD with 7 sec stun skill; Jagd - solid TD, still using her myself; Elefant - ok base penetration + crit shot skill, good vs heavies or evasion tanks; Hellcat - glass cannon;
M24 - good buff/debuff;
Stuart / Sherman Croc- assassin tanks, should clear invasions fast.

Thanks. Now I need to level up the units in my Reserves. Where is a good place to level up those Lv1 Units faster? BTW, I also have Emblems. Want me to post that as well?

Got myself a new 4*. Type 3 Ho-Ni III

Unregistered
02-06-2018, 11:20 AM
Just to be clear...there is absolutely no reason to level up tanks that are in your reserve if they are going to remain there and not transition into your main platoon. I mean, I suppose I can think of ONE benefit, and that's to have a roster to run missions while your main platoon is repairing, but if you have to repair it's because you used your limited oil to level up tanks that weren't in the main platoon. With the commander level gap still likely affecting you, this is the worst thing you could possibly do.

Myrdin
02-06-2018, 12:21 PM
Unless of course you are that type of person who doesnt like wasting and are ok with swapping some of your maxed out tanks for low level ones to make them stronger while maintaining your main teams core.
For example since 5* take forever to lvl up, in the meantime I maxed two of my 4* TD, as such I swapped over 2 new low lvl ones, since I dont want to "waste the exp" on those two character slots thus I replaced those two L50 with new ones.
Its not "wasting" per say, rather its a matter of perception - why not lvl up other tanks if you can and it doesnt affect your team performance in any way ? (for hard Event maps, I will swap those two back in)

WhatIconceal
02-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Best way to lvlup is doing invasions; exp/oil ratio seems to be almost the same across all maps, so if you want to lvlup easy i suggest running Crusaders-1 or The White North-1 maps as there are no mines/turrets.
https://i.imgur.com/dLWVGuz.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/n7cYHFC.png

Also i wanna share the New Player Tank Guide (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uq75oFXBX8Tp_SLjIuaZ-Pyf-1gsw3RJ/view?usp=sharing) made by Decoy1 from AB official discord (https://discordapp.com/invite/RBSGhzZ). It gives you general overview including pros and cons of tanks and their possible builds/usage.

And last but not least:

Hello Generals! The game will be down tomorrow, February 7th from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST. Be sure to recall your scouts!
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/326717416119730176/410495756365987840/Store_notification.jpg

Valentine event is coming with new (old) tank - Valentine MK X (https://armorblitz.gamepedia.com/Valentine_MK_X)

Jeffrey Uy
02-06-2018, 09:01 PM
Oh. Thanks, I find Crusader I an easy grinding. Should I really consume all the oils?

Unregistered
02-07-2018, 07:59 AM
Unless of course you are that type of person who doesnt like wasting and are ok with swapping some of your maxed out tanks for low level ones to make them stronger while maintaining your main teams core.
For example since 5* take forever to lvl up, in the meantime I maxed two of my 4* TD, as such I swapped over 2 new low lvl ones, since I dont want to "waste the exp" on those two character slots thus I replaced those two L50 with new ones.
Its not "wasting" per say, rather its a matter of perception - why not lvl up other tanks if you can and it doesnt affect your team performance in any way ? (for hard Event maps, I will swap those two back in)

He's new and probably doesn't have any tanks that he should consider keeping in his main platoon maxed, if any at all. Certainly once you get tanks maxed you should consider grinding up XP on others, but once you reach that point you're probably not asking for help on the forum.

Nope
02-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Looks like it will be a flat and potentially wholesome valentine.

Unregistered
02-07-2018, 04:13 PM
Any info on the stats of Emblem of Delight?

Jeffrey Uy
02-07-2018, 05:49 PM
Is it me or Armor Blitz loading is taking so long?

WhatIconceal
02-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Patch notes (http://armorblitz.com/2018/02/feb-7th-patch-isle-of-broken-hearts/)

according to patch notes, we're gonna have some sort of collaboration event with Attack on Moe, starting on feb 14th. Usually collab event you have to complete certain milestones in one game to get rewards in other, and vice versa (like recent KH x DP). It could be smth else since there's no details, but you better check AoM anyway so you can prepare for whatever is coming.

you're already know this one

https://i1.wp.com/armorblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/valerie.png

event 5* - improved version of SU-152

https://i0.wp.com/armorblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/roza.png

Now to the event:

same old system - 225.000 points total, letters = 1 point, pink choco = 300 points; also there's random green choco drops (like infamous cornucopia) but it's only for exchange shop and not needed to elite 5*;
event exclusive emblem - Emblem of Delight - according to wiki it gives +% Damage Bonus, +15 cap at 18.24%;
16 tiles, first - comm level -10, last comm level +5, each tile give 4 pinks, 64 total for cycle;
event tiles reset every 2 days;
lvl 50 invasions give 237 letters/1422 total per day;

maps and drops notes:

pairs of tile share the same layout (1 and 2 ; 3 and 4 etc.), total 8 layouts;
the first 8 tiles can be cleaned with rush strategy (all hail satan!), the bosses there are weak;
tiles #9-14 have destroyer boss, just use push strategy on either top or botton line, shouldn't be much problems there; tho tiles #13-14 can spawn katyusha or 4 myrmidons in a row so be careful;
tiles #15-16 have giant hand boss (aka faphand) and spawns event 5* in addition to others; there're lots of mines there but you still can use top/bottom push strat there; it shouldn't cause much troubles for those who can clear ~#30 stage PoC;
overall i lost only 1 tank (satan) in the last tile;
got a total of 6 green chocos, not bad i guess; the rest were t1-t3 emblems and t1-t2 tanks;

first impression is this event is easier than the last one, map layouts don't have any crappy turrets/crystals;

Unregistered
02-07-2018, 06:58 PM
Good info, thanks!

Additionally, with the level 50 numbers provided, it looks as if you can easily complete the main portion of the event if you can finish all event tiles each 2-day cycle, run all invasion tiles each day, and gain 4560 extra letters (should be easily gained just by doing PoC throughout the event, but the vast majority of us already do additional XP farming as well). Agreed on the relaxed atmosphere on this event...seems pretty chill.

And if you're not lvl 50 and still struggling with a widening commander level gap...well, it'll get better. Sorry, we all had to go through it.

WhatIconceal
02-07-2018, 07:58 PM
Actually the gap shouldn't be that much of an issue since they increased lieutenant lvl scaling from 3* equivalent to 4* in one of the recent patches.

Jeffrey Uy
02-07-2018, 08:06 PM
I'm at level 28 right now so... Can't?

Also, how long do I have to wait? The loading screen is so long!!!

TreadNaught
02-07-2018, 11:06 PM
For a four star tanks the Mk X is a nice cheap evasive, but it's saddled with a terrible active skill. That 152... It's just a SU-152 with a bit more health a mild damage boost to it's active, but also loses evasion? The SU-152 already costs too much for being an underwhelming jack of all trades. Yeah, not seeing how this one qualifies as a five star tank. Oh well, she's got nice art and she can scout.

Unregistered
02-08-2018, 06:29 AM
One round of PoC up to and including lvl 30 yields 1846 letters, making up the missing letters in four cycles...so no extra effort whatsoever will be required to obtain all available copies of Roza. There should be plenty of extra currency to spend at the exchange shop if the green chocolate drops cooperate.

Myrdin
02-08-2018, 07:10 AM
Very good event as far as access is considered. The difficulty is scaled down a lot.
I also got 6 green hearts - hopefully that is a sign, that instead of the stupid RnG drop rate for the event unique currency they finally adopted a mode where all players gain certain amount per each full clear. Certainly much better than getting 0-1 corncopias per what... 16 maps ? Yes that was very infuriating...

The 4* meh, who cares right.
The 5* however looks very nice from the first look. Solid Armor pen, OK ish passive (not fan of the single shot passives, I enjoy more a siege comp with timed attack bonuses and range, but its fine I guess). OK range - will need some tunning up, good speed and attacks speed.
Plus I dig her looks, so not bad event character at all.
Not a let down is that its yet another Tank Destroyers....
Both artillery pieces we got so far were Minnie and Katy, which do exactly the same thing, then we got bunch of TD one of which is very bad, and one is suicide parachuter (which is pretty good, though made obsolete by the last newly released girl). And a Heavy Tank.

If this tank was artillery with better range, lets say 23-ish at the very least, I would be much more interested. Like this, well.. I think I´ll take her in since I like her looks and she isnt that bad, but doesnt do anything my own squad cant do atm.
The current Research is pretty shit as well, so yeah...

Unregistered
02-08-2018, 12:27 PM
5 green candies for me, so...still RNG. Perhaps there is a floor, though, or a much better drop rate.

Kusho
02-08-2018, 01:25 PM
6 green candies for me too...but i remember i got like 5-6 cornicops the first time too, and then it went to zero rate. So i wont be so sure about this yet

Unregistered
02-08-2018, 08:11 PM
anyone having armor blitz app get stuck on the loading screen?

Unregistered
02-09-2018, 08:15 AM
i got this problem two.

akk nutaku games are quite unstable for around a week, but armor blitz is by far the one with more problens...

Jeffrey Uy
02-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Got myself a new 4*.

KV-5
Type 3 Ho-Ni III
SU-152 (This one seems to be the scariest I have collected. LOL)

Green Chocolates sure is hard to get. Right now I only have 7.

EDIT: BTW, What is Comet's skill?

Unregistered
02-10-2018, 07:15 PM
Astrid (Comet) has Haste 5. I have and really like Yuliya (T-62) who has the same skill, but before you spend any blueprints on Astrid, realize she's one of the three 5*s who doesn't have any stories to unlock. Yuliya is way hotter, too.

TreadNaught
02-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Yuliya is way hotter, too.

Also an unapologetically direct upgrade over the Comet. The AB devs don't seem to do asymmetric balance so I anticipate drastic power creep.

Zandel
02-10-2018, 09:28 PM
2 full runs of the event map and 13 green candy.... since we need 105 green for all the good emblems that seems a bit low. Even if rates stay constant (and RNG being RNG they probably won't) that is only 65 total.... guess if you really want the emblems you will have to sped cores.

On a positive note, it IS only emblems and not tanks behind a paywall this time.

Unregistered
02-10-2018, 10:55 PM
2 full runs of the event map and 13 green candy.... since we need 105 green for all the good emblems that seems a bit low. Even if rates stay constant (and RNG being RNG they probably won't) that is only 65 total.... guess if you really want the emblems you will have to sped cores.

On a positive note, it IS only emblems and not tanks behind a paywall this time.

For me, it was 5 the first cycle, 9 the second. I'm not too worried because as you say, it's not a tank. Since you can't get them anywhere else, I'm focusing only on getting all the Emblems of Delight.

TreadNaught
02-10-2018, 11:55 PM
I'm focusing only on getting all the Emblems of Delight.

Anyone have a firm idea on what those do? The wiki lists a kind of underwhelming damage boost, and if that's all it is then the attack speed emblems seem cheaper and better.

Unregistered
02-11-2018, 02:15 AM
Anyone have a firm idea on what those do? The wiki lists a kind of underwhelming damage boost, and if that's all it is then the attack speed emblems seem cheaper and better.

Probably have to find a mobile user from last year to answer that. But whatever it is, more 5* attack speed emblems are something I'll get eventually anyway. Sure, if I have the extra currency I'll grab one/more, but event-exclusive stuff will always take priority with me.

Myrdin
02-11-2018, 03:44 AM
From what I´ve seen on the Discord channel, the Delight Emblems are not that bad.
Pretty solid % damage buff, and if you are lucky you get good secondary abilities - if not, then its a bit meh, but if you get things like Armor Pen, Daamge or Attack speed you shoudl be good.
Its a good thing there is not tank behind the paywall, though it would be nice to see a tank as a Cores purchase option, since that currency is not limited to RnG.
But it doesnt bother me, most likely we´ll see multiple tanks in the next event anyway so... *shrugs*

Unregistered
02-11-2018, 10:10 AM
Its a good thing there is not tank behind the paywall, though it would be nice to see a tank as a Cores purchase option, since that currency is not limited to RnG.
But it doesnt bother me, most likely we´ll see multiple tanks in the next event anyway so... *shrugs*

Yeah, I appreciate a break between 'gotta spend cores' events for my FTPness to catch up on cores. I didn't have enough cores to buy Katyusha last time, only Eliza, and that was only because I refused to spend cores on RNG cornucopias for Thanksgiving's event and gave up on Tessa's third copy. I have enough to buy another now, but if the next event had two on offer I'd be hosed if I spent cores on this one.

Zandel
02-11-2018, 02:54 PM
They start with +16% damage (or close to it) and go up from there. Same secondary options as all other 5*s tho so unfortunately that means 5 or so stats at minor upgrades instead of say the 3* 3 at major. Really not sure why they reduced the upgrade amounts for the secondaries the higher you go in rarity.... seems a bit silly to have less rare emblems stronger than higher ones.

Unregistered
02-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Is anyone doing any prep work for the Attack on Moe collaboration? They haven't released any details about what we're going to have to do, but from past experience these collabs go one of two ways...either it's a total joke for zero effort or it's damn freaking impossible unless you're a regular/paying/new-but-obsessive player of the other game. Usually it's both...one way for one game and the other way for the second game.

I've put a bit of work into it in case the collab breaks hard against AB players. So far I've gotten to stage 110 (it's not a particularly difficult game) but I could see 'get past stage 200' or 'fully level up one of your Moetans' as the requirement and that would really suck, because those have some damn ridiculous requirements.

Any Moe vets have any ideas about their past events?

Myrdin
02-12-2018, 01:39 AM
Didnt even touch it.
Not sure I care enough. It depends on what they give us in return. I remember there was a collab back in the day for FKG and some other game, that was so bad that most FKG players didnt even attempt it (something like a 4* Silver rarity ticket or joke like that > thats a 3* in AB terms, so yeah...).

If the Collab is worth it I might give it a go, but Attack on Moe doesnt strike me interesting enough to devote my time for a "maybe" reward.

Unregistered
02-12-2018, 09:29 AM
I remember there was a collab back in the day for FKG and some other game, that was so bad that most FKG players didnt even attempt it (something like a 4* Silver rarity ticket or joke like that > thats a 3* in AB terms, so yeah...).

I remember that one. Do they not let the game the reward is for decide the reward or something? Also, any collab with Osawari Fucking Island is simply an automatic no for me no matter what the reward is...those motherfuckers make it impossible to get the reward for the other game.