PDA

View Full Version : "New" upcoming game: Armor Blitz

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Unregistered
02-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Cycle 3: 8 green chocolates, total of 22 so far. Drop rate seems appropriate.

I bought my first Emblem of Delight.

Main: Damage Bonus 14.64%
Sub: +36 Damage
+22.37% Crit Multiplier
+6% Penetration
+5.37% Damage Reduction
+8.17% Accuracy

TreadNaught
02-12-2018, 04:32 PM
I bought my first Emblem of Delight.

Hm. The base damage is nice for a smasher artillery piece or destroyer I guess. Anything where the active is a OHKO booster. Your sub stats are an odd mix, but I could see that being perfect for Catriona or a sniper medium. The high damage reduc's not something you waste on a full rearguard.

I don't get why clickers exist. The worst thing is that people go that far in making a game and then do literally nothing else with it. Christ even adding a DDR element would be such a piddling trivial effort to make so that your game is SOMETHING instead of nothing, but clickers invariably stop at nothing.

Unregistered
02-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Pretty sure the subs are random, but as with any 5* emblem there are gonna be some subs that you don't plan to make the most of.

TreadNaught
02-12-2018, 07:08 PM
Pretty sure the subs are random.

Yeah, I know. I was just talking about his specific subs.

Unregistered
02-12-2018, 10:29 PM
Here's what it looks like at +15:

Damage: 18.24%
39 Damage
30.5% Crit Multiplier
8.67% Penetration
6.13% Damage Reduction
10.5% Accuracy

Myrdin
02-13-2018, 03:05 AM
You lucked out with those stats

Damage, Accuracy and Pene. Three out of 5 are good.

Much better than to get some worthless crap like Rotation, Armor, and completely unfitting one like Evasion, HP or movement speed, which doesnt do anything for a damage type emblem.

I am sitting at 29 Green chocolates now but will wait until the end of the event, just in case they add some extra prizes (I think that happened once before, though I might just remember it wrong)

DrunkMonkGar
02-13-2018, 06:40 AM
They added that Egyptian tank to whatever event when it was ~3/4 done, but that's the only time I know of.

Unregistered
02-13-2018, 07:34 AM
They added that Egyptian tank to whatever event when it was ~3/4 done, but that's the only time I know of.

Yeah, that was annoying...I had been spending cores on those fucking supplement packs (because you had to buy them along the way instead of waiting till the end to see what you really needed) and by the time they added Nailah I didn't have enough to buy her. In the end, triple Edna/Minnie were worth it and the right decision, I just don't like surprises like that.

WhatIconceal
02-13-2018, 09:27 PM
Game will be down tomorrow for maintenance, February 14th 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST. Keep an eye out for a new guest.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/326717416119730176/413151840478167060/Store_notification.jpg

Unregistered
02-13-2018, 09:46 PM
I assume it's the start of the collab event with Attack on Moe. Pictured is the Moetan we get as our crossover tank.

WhatIconceal
02-13-2018, 09:51 PM
Also quick update, AoM collab part has already started.

thatoneguyfromwork
02-13-2018, 10:06 PM
Really the AoM collab has started? I see it on AoM side...you have to spend cash unless you have enough tickets...seriously this game. Anyway, I see nothing on the Armor Blitz side.

Dargor
02-13-2018, 11:27 PM
yeah... a very AoMH-ish move to put the collab behind a paywall for new players. Luckily I have enough tickets, but if you think that someone from armor blitz who has never played AoMH has to pay to get on the event it's not a very good start.

Unregistered
02-14-2018, 01:25 AM
yeah... a very AoMH-ish move to put the collab behind a paywall for new players. Luckily I have enough tickets, but if you think that someone from armor blitz who has never played AoMH has to pay to get on the event it's not a very good start.

I don't get it...why do they have Maus in the ticket shop in AoM? I thought this was a collaboration, not just a unit exchange. I'm not trying to get Maus in AoM because I'm never going to play AoM after this collab. I'm trying to figure out what I need to do in AoM to get Wan-Wan in AB.

Dargor
02-14-2018, 06:36 AM
I don't get it...why do they have Maus in the ticket shop in AoM?
My guess, greed. In AoMH you need 24.000 valentine chocolates (valentine event currency) to get the 120 tickets for Maus and iirc you get around 35 tickets every 2 weeks. So if you start playing right now you must login every day, farm 17.000 chocolates AND get Maus to level 4, which also takes money and/or time. I leave my pc with a macros running before I go to sleep and I get like 500 chocolates in 8 hours so... good luck (I don't know if there's a fastest method though).
Tl;dr: If you are new, pay $1 and get Maus or prepare to farm for days non-stop.

Myrdin
02-14-2018, 08:32 AM
It seems my comment got either deleted, or didnt get through. One more try.

First of I think its great we got some freebies for Valentine. Nice of the devs to give out things like this. Managed to snag 4* Heavy Flamethrower tank out of those 3 free pulls, though she is maxed out for me already (I max out all tanks I can with dupes, even if I dont plan to use them, coz thats how I like things to be done), so she was sold for blueprints.

Now for the collab - I wont even bother. If its this type of collab nah, I am out.

The whole reason of a collab is to showcase the other game and give players some free easy to get goodies. If they wanna play it like this they can go fuck themselves. Completely misses the point of why collabs are made.
Meh I didnt care for it before and now that I learned about the requirements I still dont. Just not worth my time.
Good luck to anyone who tries to go for it though. *thumbsup*

thatoneguyfromwork
02-14-2018, 08:48 AM
I'm personally going to pay the 1.00 in AoM, I have 165 gold left from the last time I bought nutaku cash so it's not a problem. I spent my tickets in that game about 2 weeks ago so I only have 30 or 40. I guess my only annoyance is that I don't want to encourage this behavior...I just don't know if I should spend a dollar...I already spent. LOL

Unregistered
02-14-2018, 10:55 AM
So AoMH players don't have to do a single damn thing in AB to get the crossover character for their game, but AB players have to fucking pay RL money for the privilege to bust our asses in that stupid fucking game and still probably fail to get our crossover character?

How the fuck did this shit get approved?

thatoneguyfromwork
02-14-2018, 11:17 AM
So AoMH players don't have to do a single damn thing in AB to get the crossover character for their game, but AB players have to fucking pay RL money for the privilege to bust our asses in that stupid fucking game and still probably fail to get our crossover character?

How the fuck did this shit get approved?

Well, as was stated it's behind a paywall unless you have tickets stored. This ranks up there with some of the worst crossover events I've seen.

AoM veterans get the girl for nothing but free tickets and if you don't have enough you just buy her for 100 nutaku gold...money sure but a pittance unless you are a true free to play.

AB have to get the girl in AoM and level her to 4...that takes a good amount of time and effort. I can do it with ease but only because I'm a err AoM player...wouldn't really say I'm a veteran since I'm still to weak to get event girls easily lol.

AB players get the shaft and AoM get the easy girl...kind of stupid.

TreadNaught
02-14-2018, 04:45 PM
Looks like we can get the event tank by doing daily missions in AB. You only need to touch AoM if you care about eliteing her, which I frankly don't.

Unregistered
02-14-2018, 05:04 PM
DON'T SPEND CORES ON LANTERNS!

The Conquest daily mission has been updated to give lanterns to use with the Wan Wan schematic.

Locutus
02-15-2018, 04:14 AM
How difficult would it be to get the AoM girl to level 4? Since that's what required to elite Wan-Wan, not the actual purchase. I've barely touched AoM since it's release.

E: So I did some Nutaku missions and spent 100 gold to get Maus in AoM and it seems basically impossible to get her to level 4 as a "new" player (without paying). Sad.

Zandel
02-15-2018, 03:02 PM
How difficult would it be to get the AoM girl to level 4? Since that's what required to elite Wan-Wan, not the actual purchase. I've barely touched AoM since it's release.

E: So I did some Nutaku missions and spent 100 gold to get Maus in AoM and it seems basically impossible to get her to level 4 as a "new" player (without paying). Sad.

If you play the game for around 4-5 hours you can get quite a few crystals, If you then buy Maus with the 500 NG deal (1620 crystals) you can get her to lvl 4 using those. Not a terrible price to be sure but the simple fact that AoM players only need to get her once with any currency for full play-ability is a bit rude to AB players.

Getting the feeling that this is an AoM closing down soon crossover more than an actual 'try this game you might like it' crossover, since FKG and AB would be closer in play styles and player bases.

Unregistered
02-15-2018, 08:01 PM
If you play the game for around 4-5 hours you can get quite a few crystals, If you then buy Maus with the 500 NG deal (1620 crystals) you can get her to lvl 4 using those. Not a terrible price to be sure but the simple fact that AoM players only need to get her once with any currency for full play-ability is a bit rude to AB players.

Getting the feeling that this is an AoM closing down soon crossover more than an actual 'try this game you might like it' crossover, since FKG and AB would be closer in play styles and player bases.

Scroll right...there's a 100 NG package that still contains Maus. And crystals are pretty easy...I started at the announcement that there would be a crossover and I have 1710. At least this way there'll be some leftover NG in case they pull this bullshit again.

Zandel
02-15-2018, 09:26 PM
My comment was more for those who don't want to waste that much time on a mind numbing game than anyone who actually bothers to play that game for more then 1 day.

Unregistered
02-15-2018, 09:48 PM
My comment was more for those who don't want to waste that much time on a mind numbing game than anyone who actually bothers to play that game for more then 1 day.

Always good to show the FTP-friendliest solution, though.

Myrdin
02-16-2018, 04:24 AM
Collab where you need to spend money to get the actuall collab reward.....

nuff said >____>

thatoneguyfromwork
02-16-2018, 04:43 AM
Collab where you need to spend money to get the actuall collab reward.....

nuff said >____>

To be honest at least it gives you an idea of how AoM is run. As a F2P in AoM until now,(I had to spend 100 gold to get the collab) I've had to struggle to make progress in AoM. It wasn't until there was a glitch that allowed me to clear and gain almost all the girls that I've started to feel like I could keep playing the game because I was about to give it up since the effort just wasn't rewarding me.

WhatIconceal
02-16-2018, 08:50 AM
Done with collab; also got Cerys from event 40% pack. Seems like i spent months worth luck.

https://i.imgur.com/Dr9cpuY.png

Unregistered
02-16-2018, 09:08 AM
Did they increased the difficulty of the event map or does it scale with personal level? Cause when the event began I started with lvl 17 stage and today I had lvl 20... I was happy that I could progress to that field right before the little top island and now I am back to where I started lol :D

Unregistered
02-16-2018, 03:27 PM
Did they increased the difficulty of the event map or does it scale with personal level? Cause when the event began I started with lvl 17 stage and today I had lvl 20... I was happy that I could progress to that field right before the little top island and now I am back to where I started lol :D

Yes, event maps all scale to your commander's level. It isn't as bad as it used to be since the commander levels at the speed of a 4* now instead of a 3*, but this is what we've dubbed the 'commander level gap.' It will continue to get harder as you go up because your commander's level will outpace the level of your 5* tanks. The eventual good news is that once your commander hits 50 you will begin to close the gap. We all had to go through it.

Unregistered
02-16-2018, 04:31 PM
Oh thanks for the info. Well currently the only 5* I have is ARL-44 from log in bonus and I am only leveling it along because I have quite a bit of space so for now commander pretty much levels at the same speed as most of my tanks which are 4* :D
I am not even sure If I will use it in the future as while it has decent active ability it has too much range :D Might just put some pure offensive emblems on it and use it as a backup when I ran out of medium tanks for damage or something :D

Myrdin
02-17-2018, 01:31 AM
We all´ve been there.
There are few points in the game where the difficulty ramps up and forces you to take some time grinding missions that you can run reliably without loosing any tanks in the process.
Its harsh to be a new player during events, since those tend to be harder than usual maps (admittedly this one is the easiest so far - no special super strong turrets, no boss with multiple abilities, no ravager or wraith or whatstheirname spam).
You just have to bite the bullet, focus on lvling and getting those stat boosts from increasing relationship with your tanks.
Also upgrade your Emblems of 3* and higher quality. The 3* emblems give already pretty solid buff to their stats. Not all are worth it, but if you get some that have good secondary skill setup (Lets say you have a HP emblem, and the secondary skills are Evasion, more HP and DMG reduction - thats a great defensive emblem you want to upgrade and stick onto your main Tank....tanik :D ).

TreadNaught
02-17-2018, 03:46 AM
no boss with multiple abilities, no ravager or wraith or whatstheirname spam.

I'd like a link to the version of the game you're playing. I'm getting Myrmidons and Wraiths all over the damn place. The indiscriminate bombardment isn't my favorite thing to deal with on bosses since a large chunk of my forces are of the 'not supposed to be shot at' variety.

Myrdin
02-17-2018, 07:32 AM
I'd like a link to the version of the game you're playing. I'm getting Myrmidons and Wraiths all over the damn place. The indiscriminate bombardment isn't my favorite thing to deal with on bosses since a large chunk of my forces are of the 'not supposed to be shot at' variety.

Dude the "whatstheirname " was there for a reason.
You think I care what the faceless nameless npcs that come running to my side of the battlefield are called ?
Hell no :D

Theres the rocket assholes who are toughest, the cannon gribblies who are semi tough but have penetration on their attack, and then the slow moving shambler zombies. And of course the same tanks as ours but with washed out colors so they look evil :D

Unregistered
02-17-2018, 09:50 AM

I routinely run into Myrmidons on the last two maps, but no Wraths.

DrunkMonkGar
02-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Wraiths, Ravagers, Myrmidons and Reavers all show up for me. In large numbers for Myr's. Wouldn't be as bad if airstrikes didn't cluster on my DPS.

Myrdin
02-17-2018, 11:43 AM
Wraiths, Ravagers, Myrmidons and Reavers all show up for me. In large numbers for Myr's. Wouldn't be as bad if airstrikes didn't cluster on my DPS.

Which are which actually ?
I thought there are only 3 types heh.

TreadNaught
02-17-2018, 11:48 AM
You think I care what the faceless nameless npcs that come running to my side of the battlefield are called ?

I usually pick up the names of things after I see one of them slap the health off one of my tanks, or when they individually manage to stonewall my murder-ball for several seconds. Wraiths are kinda mini-boss-ish. I like the idea of having a beefy mid-boss sort of tank but the game's format isn't great for that. You'd have to break things into mission stages like Ye olde Raptor instead of throwing enemies at you randomly until you get a Wraith behind a Maus or something and that's your ass.

But yeah, this event's still pretty doable. The artillery spam just means you have to dump rushers on the boss early on.

Myrdin
02-17-2018, 12:18 PM
I usually pick up the names of things after I see one of them slap the health off one of my tanks, or when they individually manage to stonewall my murder-ball for several seconds. Wraiths are kinda mini-boss-ish. I like the idea of having a beefy mid-boss sort of tank but the game's format isn't great for that. You'd have to break things into mission stages like Ye olde Raptor instead of throwing enemies at you randomly until you get a Wraith behind a Maus or something and that's your ass.

But yeah, this event's still pretty doable. The artillery spam just means you have to dump rushers on the boss early on.

I dont know man, I kinda stopped caring about the story in these games. Especially with games like this where they cant even finish the main god damn map. We still need that Abyssinia mission and the Crater itself, which is like 3-4 more tiles, for a complete story, but they just cant seem to get it done.
...Plus the fact that the wast majority of tanks dont have even their own character mini stories, doesnt help much either.

DrunkMonkGar
02-17-2018, 01:16 PM
Which are which actually ?
I thought there are only 3 types heh.

Myrmidons are the medium-ish spiky corruption tanks, Reavers look like normal tanks but have assloads of health and DR, Wraiths are the big spiky corruption tanks. Ravagers might be me misreading Reaver, but I think they may be normal looking corruption arty.

Unregistered
02-17-2018, 07:00 PM
When I see a Wrath, it reminds me of one of the later-model Gundams with all the goofy protrusions. Myrmidons have a darker paint job. I don't pay attention to the others...they grind under my girls' treads easy enough. Maybe someone who does that wiki on Gamepedia can add a section on enemy-unique units.

Thoughts on Mary in the research slot?

Zandel
02-17-2018, 07:16 PM
Myrmidons are the medium-ish spiky corruption tanks, Reavers look like normal tanks but have assloads of health and DR, Wraiths are the big spiky corruption tanks. Ravagers might be me misreading Reaver, but I think they may be normal looking corruption arty.

Myrmidons are Medium Tanks, Reavers are TDs from memory and there was a HT version as well. I have yet to see an Arty corruption tank tho.

TreadNaught
02-18-2018, 12:07 AM
Thoughts on Mary in the research slot?

Serviceable but kinda wimpy for being a five star arty. I don't think the better five star tanks get cycled on research. She doesn't offer much of anything over Darya worth bothering with. Hell, she's got shorter range than Darya and my Darya already needs range boosting emblems to keep her from getting smoked. She gets is two seconds more stun and a tad more hp and crit multi.

Myrdin
02-18-2018, 02:50 AM
Here I was hoping for Arty and we got Arty for research.
Honestly though I was hoping for either T-92, GW Tiger or S-51 which seem to be the 3 best 5* arty.

Personally I d´love to get T-92. Massive range and radius good stats for Arty but most importantly - costs only 4 Gears. Sure active is bit weaker, and she doesnt insta kill non HT things like Zoya or Ivonne, but that doesnt bother me personally since my Catriona and Victoria are the main snipers in my squad anyway.

FW3805 hmmm not sure if I want her that bad. Not the worst but not the best either. Plus I dont really like her design, that pseudo napoleonic attire is not to my tastes.
Might wait till I get my monthly log in to see what comes around.

Thoughts on the Event 5* TD anyone ?

TreadNaught
02-18-2018, 10:39 PM
Thoughts on the Event 5* TD anyone ?

Looks like an okay 4* tank to me.

Unregistered
02-20-2018, 10:31 AM
Can anyone recommend me for what tank type would this weird combination on emblem of delight be somewhat useful? :D

+ 14,64 damage bonus
+ 6,22% crit chance,
+25,56% rotation speed,
+ 100 hp
+1,94% evasion
+3,83% damage reduction

I am guessing something like jack of all trades med or maybe a heavy though the crit chance and dmg seems kind of wasted for meat shield and rotation isnt that useful :/

Zandel
02-20-2018, 02:33 PM
How about an Arty? Rotation on arty is actually useful and %damage+ is strong because of their high base damage.

Unregistered
02-22-2018, 12:35 AM
I've been one of the largest proponents of the TD/A-augmented Medium rush strat, but I know it won't work at the very highest levels of PoC that people are getting to these days. So...in order to open up that possibility in the future, I think I need to start working on some Heavy tanks. I have a few from which to choose, so I'm looking for some advice on which ones I should work on.

My 5* choices are:

Cerys, FV214 Conqueror
Amelie, ARL44
Alyona, IS-3
Nira, T30
Vitaliya, IS-7
Ulyana, Object 279 (+20% XP boost)

And then I suppose I need to learn how to best employ them.

TreadNaught
02-22-2018, 10:42 PM
I think I need to start working on some Heavy tanks.

Heh, and here I'm thinking of phasing heavy tanks out of my group as soon as I get to the level cap because they have worse cost effectiveness than mediums. Mediums absorb just about as much damage for their gear cost as heavy tanks while outputting more damage for their gear cost.

Eg - The T30 is basically a heavy version of the T-34. Take the (EffDur*DPS)/Gcost of those two;

T30 - 269.63k
T-34 - 351.73k

None of those tanks are 'terrible' though. Object for one time invulnerability and damage, ARL for long duration durability, conq for general purposes. T30's a respectable anti-heavy hole-punch even if it doesn't match the T-34. The IS 3 and 7 are... meh.

IvanLedah21
02-23-2018, 04:20 PM
I've been one of the largest proponents of the TD/A-augmented Medium rush strat, but I know it won't work at the very highest levels of PoC that people are getting to these days. So...in order to open up that possibility in the future, I think I need to start working on some Heavy tanks. I have a few from which to choose, so I'm looking for some advice on which ones I should work on.

My 5* choices are:

Cerys, FV214 Conqueror
Amelie, ARL44
Alyona, IS-3
Nira, T30
Vitaliya, IS-7
Ulyana, Object 279 (+20% XP boost)

And then I suppose I need to learn how to best employ them.

Conqueror and Object are my recommendations. The IS series is good for rushing to the front lines if your tanks in front are falling, before your squishy backliners get wrecked, but otherwise their stats are inferior (decent secondary tanks). ARL44 is OK but I prefer Conqueror for that. T30 sucks (a heavy who traded durability for lackluster dps)

Using heavies is easy. Drop them first, then your Artillery/TD (or Medium tanks with high range like Centurion or Strid). Really, pretty much their only purpose is meatshield, so if you aren't dropping them first so they're in front, you're doing it wrong.

Jeffrey Uy
02-23-2018, 06:07 PM
Got myself Super Pershing Sarah. Looks like a stonger version of M26 Pershing Samantha.

wbread
02-23-2018, 07:59 PM
you play on nutaku?

Unregistered
02-23-2018, 09:31 PM
Conqueror and Object are my recommendations. The IS series is good for rushing to the front lines if your tanks in front are falling, before your squishy backliners get wrecked, but otherwise their stats are inferior (decent secondary tanks). ARL44 is OK but I prefer Conqueror for that. T30 sucks (a heavy who traded durability for lackluster dps)

Thanks for the recommendations. I've already been working on Conqueror, because I read somewhere in this thread that she was their go-to Heavy. Object seems like a better version of Maus (due to lower gear cost). I 'spose I can add Object in once I find out who I can pull off the line. I think that might actually be Satan because she isn't much good on the higher PoC levels...but I don't want to remove her for anything but PoC, so it makes training Object difficult.

Myrdin
02-24-2018, 07:30 AM
Got 0-1 from my montly log in.
Costs 7 Gears.... yeah.
Thats another tank that will never see actual battle.
I like her artwork though. Hope the H scene is at least half decent.
With the log in girl being a whiff like this I decided to pick up that Arty chan from Research. I dont like, honestly, but I got the BP, she is a new tank for me, and has a scene, so why not I suppose.

Unregistered
02-24-2018, 12:12 PM
Anyone knows if they plan to add some auto-fight function in the future? Cause depleting 4k+ oil by 220/fight at my current level is seriously killing me even if I can beat the map easily.

Unregistered
02-24-2018, 03:39 PM
Anyone knows if they plan to add some auto-fight function in the future?

You're probably new here, I'm waiting for new content\mechanics for about a year(pre-nutaku android version), but it's not, only promises.

Unregistered
02-24-2018, 04:28 PM
Yep been playing for like a month and half :D
Well one can still hope. I am surprised so many games that require players to fight one thing over and over are missing such a feature.

Unregistered
02-24-2018, 08:51 PM
Anyone knows if they plan to add some auto-fight function in the future? Cause depleting 4k+ oil by 220/fight at my current level is seriously killing me even if I can beat the map easily.

Well there's auto-deploy for tanks once you're in combat. I can exhaust almost all the oil I get from captured oil wells just doing invasions. I've almost stopped doing PoC because of the excessive deployment time though. After the first battle your return on investment drops off sharply and you're not going to get a reasonable number of event drops for the oil cost. If there were challenge maps or something that let you jump ten levels in one fight then it'd be less of an ass pain.

Myrdin
02-25-2018, 01:45 AM
This week research FV4201 Chieftain (Lily)
https://armorblitz.gamepedia.com/FV4201_Chieftain

I had my eyes on her for some time now, she is pretty good HT in my oppinion. Will pick her up for sure.

Mtkut
02-25-2018, 06:01 AM
Guys, im wondering if Chieftain is worth 3k blueprints or should i wait for Jagdtiger or sturmtiger to show up, and should i use t34-100?

TreadNaught
02-25-2018, 12:58 PM
Guys, im wondering if Chieftain is worth 3k blueprints or should i wait for Jagdtiger or sturmtiger to show up, and should i use t34-100?

You have a lot of -really- nice tanks but I notice some some event tanks conspicuously missing? And your ISU-152 is the same level as the majority of the rest of your tanks? . . .

Chieftain's worth 3k blueprints if you have spares but you already have a lot of five star heavies. If you really like your IS-3, it's similar to that but trades armor for penetration and evasion.

T34-100 smokes the Jagdtiger. I'd shuffle your panther II, M48 and T-95 out for the T62, AMX-13 and T34-100 respectively.

If you can get the M41 Walker Bulldog from the current event, it has the same passive as the Strid. Grab a T-70 if it shows up on research again. It's the best freely available survival booster.

Mtkut
02-25-2018, 02:01 PM
Well i thought about finding some cheaper heavy replacement for E100. M41 is already under construction in factory. So which tank from factory should i aim to get?

Unregistered
02-25-2018, 06:17 PM
Anyone know for certain (announcement on Discord, etc.) what the one-day discrepancy is between the 'next reset' and the end of the event? Is it just so that we can spend all our event currency or do we get another half cycle to farm more? Not gonna make or break anything for me either way, but it may potentially impact where I spend which kind of currency.

Unregistered
02-27-2018, 03:31 AM
Well I completed every event tile every reset, cleared every invasion tile and kept my oil burned down through the event and still ended up short by more than I set aside for emblems. GG devs.

Myrdin
02-27-2018, 03:52 AM
Any info about when can we expect the next event ?
I am strongly considering investing into the 5th factory slot, though that would burn pretty much 80% of my cores (been saving for a while in expectancy of this event "selling" a girl or two - since that wasnt the case now I have some 3K cores saved up).

Kusho
02-27-2018, 06:34 AM
Investing in a 5th factory slot? Id call that a waste, not an investment. What does factory provide actually? A crappy 4-star tank now and then? No tnx, im way past the time i was interested in 4-starz; also the rate of appearence of 4-stars is quite low so even recycling them for the 25 BP is hardly a plan. And i never ever seen a 5-star from factory, ~1k tanks prodiced by now. Just IMHO...

Kusho
02-27-2018, 06:59 AM
OMG just had a look at M41 stats and... hows that thing so OP, lol? +35% evasion for 30 (!?) secs at 26% base evasion...and a Leo LoL comparable dps...wtf

Myrdin
02-27-2018, 08:44 AM
I dont like her. The whole puppy eyed glasses girl with dog ears.... Not my thing, and it doesnt matter how good her stats are. She is going on the bench and I´ll keep using my Leo LoL instead.

TreadNaught
02-27-2018, 01:16 PM
OMG just had a look at M41 stats and... hows that thing so OP, lol? +35% evasion for 30 (!?) secs at 26% base evasion...and a Leo LoL comparable dps...wtf

Base evasion's in line with other 5 star lights and the active's not going to get her more than 90% evasion even with emblems. The passive can shut down one tank but her rate of fire's pretty poor for a light and her buff doesn't effect an area like the AMX-13, Type 62, T92 or PT-76 so she's functionally closer to a medium tank. Good, but doesn't beat a support light.

Kusho
02-27-2018, 05:17 PM
Comparing her to a support is irrelevant, she serves a different purpose. As a rusher/emergency tanker she is absolutely amazing with her 30 seconds of nigh-immunity (90% evasion is a good estimation, its enough, and OF COURSE one should build her for evasion) and very high dps that puts many meds to shame, not to mention the 3 gear cost. Puppy eyes or not, im gonna put her to good use ;)

Oh, and unfortunately, i dont have the goddam Leo LoL, lol

Unregistered
02-27-2018, 11:06 PM
Comparing her to a support is irrelevant

Not entirely irrelevant. She IS a support light in that she's got the de-buff passive, which makes her rate of fire relevant to how quickly she can drop an enemy tank's accuracy. To make full use of that passive you need at least a 25% faster rate of fire, or [0.6] attack speed. Plus she's essentially a beefier Type 62 in terms of basic stats. You could call her a cut down Leopard 1a1 but that's I think missing the point. Run her behind your choice of evasion tank and you'll extend their life.

Finished off the event by farming Ocica. Ended up with 14 green chocos because two map resets decided to hold out on me, proving once again that random event drops are still dumb-bad and that 350 cores for an event map reset is at best an idiotic gamble. Didn't end up getting a reinforcement pack in the end since I'd have had to buy three boxes of love just to cover the 5 K points in love letters I needed to finish off the event and I am completely out of flippin' oil. Oh well.

Unregistered
02-27-2018, 11:12 PM
Sweet, an extra day to farm! To be honest, when I asked the question earlier, I wasn't expecting this to be the answer...but I was hoping! Good thing I didn't spend my event currency yet.

thatoneguyfromwork
02-28-2018, 12:49 PM
Going to be honest, I thought the event was over and the remaining time was for spending currency. I can't get anywhere better where I'm at. I'm just happy that this is the first event I could get to the 5 star unit....no elite status but at least I got her.

Zandel
02-28-2018, 02:47 PM
Just going to point out that ALL lights have a debuff passive and calling any of them 'supports' just because of that is not an accurate statement. The debuff is nice for sure, but it's that massive evasion boost that makes her so nice, almost like another Satan, Assassins like those are very good for certain maps so I can see myself using her. Another point to make is that you say she needs another 25% atk speed.... the event gave us 5* Atk Speed emblems and honestly if you were not planning on using one of those on her to begin with then you are doing something wrong lol.

Unregistered
02-28-2018, 04:55 PM
ALL lights have a debuff passive...[snip]... Satan.

Just sayin'. Also, It's a support skill if it improves the performance of another unit. Just because the M41 isn't a dedicated support unit doesn't mean it does not function as one in any capacity.

I don't remember saying I didn't plan to use an attack speed emblem on her, but it's still a consideration. Some of my lights have over 0.6 base attack speed and use HP, evasion and crit or piercing because they can already carry their passives, and the secondary effects of my emblems better support the crit or piercing. . . and almost none of my attack speed emblems have enough +damage to make them ideal for high attack speed tanks, so that's a thing.

Myrdin
03-01-2018, 12:15 AM
Game is up.
New crafting system and missions added.

I like the concept, its still new so there is not much to it, but I really like the idea. Now I hope the emblems you craft will be of your choosing, and not be randomly generated - that kinda misses the point of choosing which emblem type you need.
The "upgrade" for 50 cores per Battle map (Crafting missions), is stupidly high. If it was permanent I can see the reason, but for 50 cores you get one extra mission, for one use item ? This is a bad decission.
20 Cores I can see, since you can make that just by playing PoC itself. 50 is pushing it. I tried it once to see what happens, but as mentioned, its a upgrade for One use only item. Not worth it.

Now few more notes: When exiting your base, you no longer go straight to world map instead you have to choose between World Map, PoC or the new Crafting missions. This while its a good idea, looks ugly as F--ck when popping out at you. A corner that needs to be polisehd.
Next - You CANT access the crafting missions from the World map, you have to go through your base and then through the ugly selection once more... again this is tedious multiclicking for no reason - Stream line the idea. Make a new pernanent Island or something on the world map that allows you to access the crafting missions from it. Dont force the player to go through multiple screens just for this.

Last pet peeve I have is that at the moment you get the moment you get the Crafting mission "invitations" only through Invasion mission. This is quite stupid and fairly limiting. You are TRIPPLE gated with the crafting - You need RnG to drop the Emblem Core that is the base for the crafting. You need to gather wast quantity of crafting resource, which you can do only when running the special missions - which ARE limited in number as a Invasion obtainable only item.
This is retarded at the very least - you cant introduce a mechanic that takes such a wast quantity of time to complete, and then put multiple gating restrictions on it.
I personally think they should drop the Crafting Invites completely and make it a fixed point on the world map, where you go farm when you want to do crafting. Much faster much more fluid.
If they ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO use the Crafting Invite item, then at least make a % drop chance for every single map, so when people are farming Ocica and such they get a chance to get it as a bonus with the standard loot.

Overall good concept, that needs some hammering out to be done to become a solid ingame mechanic. Keep up the good work devps, and keep improving the game, cheers.

Unregistered
03-01-2018, 03:42 AM
lol just got hammered in the second battle of the expeditions, only 2 tanks remain intact... If i want to retreat i have to pay 50 cores, 25 per lvl completed...what a joke rofl.

Oh, and it seems the level of the exp is AGAIN dependant on the fucking liutenant lvl, which is such a bullshit --- gotta play the lvl 40 *hard* expedition with my lvl 30 tanks just cuz my liet is 40+... so c00l

Unregistered
03-01-2018, 04:19 AM
so c00l

Glorious long-awaited cUntent update, u welcome :3

PS: At the 50th level of the general, will I always have the same opponent? I played several times, the same enemy constantly, it's tedious.

Unregistered
03-01-2018, 08:49 AM
OK, I really like this game, but...I hate when devs of simple games change things to make them overcomplicated. Armor Blitz is a FTP-compatible browser game, not an AAA title. I come here to collect waifus and watch H-content, not to get involved in a tedious crafting system. I play various other games where the crafting systems have me about half a step from dropping them...and I've even spent money on those. I like gameplay, not fiddling around trying to build the perfect emblem.

Aside from that, AB doesn't even have its H-content caught up to where it's supposed to be...why did they waste time working on this crap before finishing their commitment to being featured on Nutaku?

Myrdin
03-01-2018, 09:20 AM
OK, I really like this game, but...I hate when devs of simple games change things to make them overcomplicated. Armor Blitz is a FTP-compatible browser game, not an AAA title. I come here to collect waifus and watch H-content, not to get involved in a tedious crafting system. I play various other games where the crafting systems have me about half a step from dropping them...and I've even spent money on those. I like gameplay, not fiddling around trying to build the perfect emblem.

Aside from that, AB doesn't even have its H-content caught up to where it's supposed to be...why did they waste time working on this crap before finishing their commitment to being featured on Nutaku?

Spot on ! :)

Personally with all these shortcoming for me AB is a hold out game until DMM restarts Girls Symphony again.

Nope
03-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Based on the pattern so far, I believe the following is entirely reasonable to expect for the rest of the game's existance,

- It will be very art limited, never going to catch up nor even attempt to do so.
- It will mostly develop in the periphery, not the core game play.
- Its change will overwhelmingly be code based.
- It will at no time speed up its deliveries. It is resource limited. It will go at the pace seen.

Simply put, it is resource constrained and they are mostly programmers. Also they are linked to mobile platform and that means PC version is dead in the water in terms of what it can and cannot evolve to, ever.

They'll not up the core gameplay for the simple reason that they cant under the conditions imposed by their choices.
They'll not up the art since they can't under the resources available.
They'll do what they can add in terms of coded extras and event setup.

Its a friendly, likeable, little game by a little team stuck between two worlds, trying to make it sort of work.

And as for fulfilling its Nutaka entry criteria? Never going to happen. It is not even an option. The amount, type and quality of art you see? That IS the pipeline. There is no extra gear to shift into. They delivery coded extras because thats the only area they can deliver in.

Not intended as a rant. The games history is for all to see and the team size and capabilities are unchanged and not a secret. But it also means, this, what you see, is in fact "it" and it wont change.

Nope
03-01-2018, 02:30 PM
And thats sad really.

I like the game too, but it is never going to move.

Its like the tanks you launch in it, they travel and travel, but somehow never gets anywhere at the end of the day.

Unregistered
03-01-2018, 02:31 PM
To be honest, if they can't catch up on their reason for being on Nutaku, I'd rather they just put it in near maintenance mode (only adding new girls by running events) rather than screwing up what was a fun little game by adding needless tedium. They can go on to another project and keep AB mostly on autopilot.

To AB: You are not Call of Duty. You are not Destiny. You make a mobile game and have committed to providing H-content for a PC browser version of it. Stop trying to take up more of our time with stuff that doesn't increase the fun of playing your game.

Zandel
03-01-2018, 03:00 PM
Just a note about the crafting levels, they are based on difficulty not commander level. Hard will always be lvl 40 enemies no matter what your commander lvl. From memory the drop rate is Commander 1-15 Easy, 16-30 Medium, 31-50 Hard. So you start getting lvl 40 Hard missions as early as lvl 31 commander but they will get easier as you lvl up your girls.

Having said that, The drop rate on the schematic (2% for RANDOM 5* emblem) means that on average it will take you one and a half weeks (3 invasion days = 18 invites = 54 missions) to have just 1 drop. The cost of 6000 shards is not as bad as it seems because on average you will get 300 per invite so you should end up with way more shards than required.

TreadNaught
03-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Stop trying to take up more of our time with stuff that doesn't increase the fun of playing your game.

While they do really need to work on cohering the UI and game-play so doing any one thing isn't a distracting from the rest of the game*, the crafting system isn't that. The missions look like a stab at end-game content. They aren't something you have to do, and probably aren't something you should even try to do unless you have multiple functional tanks groups leveled to clear with. Sure they're level scaled so you can try them now, but you're going to end up paying cores for extraction. Still, it's kinda clunky.

Now, what I would have done differently is break the maps into five tiers of difficulty to match the five tiers of emblems instead of locking it to commander level. Let players use the keys gotten from invasions to select the difficulty of the battle map they want to challenge. Have a level N0 mission drop N star 'blanks' or blueprints and N* sub-stat components that can be used to fill out a N* blank you're going to construct in the factory. Have disassembled emblems give you one or two of their unmodified sub-stats as a component.

*A sorted list of the emblems you have equipped to tanks would save much frustrating UI digging.

Unregistered
03-01-2018, 09:06 PM
I still don't agree with adding a crafting system, but as long as we're theorycrafting here, what I would've done is to allow you to break down unwanted emblems you already have into shards. Make the shards mainstat-specific so that if you break down an emblem of Valor you get Valor shards. Why would you be able to construct a Luck emblem with shards gained from a Valor emblem? Or, for that matter, the 'no-stat' shards we're getting now? The higher star count of the broken-down emblem, the more shards you get. Then use the expedition maps to provide one random mainstat emblem schematic as a guaranteed reward for completing all three expedition maps. If this would give too many schematics, make the expedition maps require multiple 'invitations.'

Don't tie the star level of the schematic to the map level, make that random as well. I don't think it's fair that low-level expeditions don't have a chance to get 5* schematics. Lastly, since shards are gained through breaking down emblems, give normal tile rewards for the individual maps, not shards.

Seriously, we already get a crapton of useless emblems from scouting...give us something to do with them other than recycling them for a pittance in useless currency. And if you wind up crafting an emblem with crap substats, you can simply break it down to contribute toward the next one.

Myrdin
03-01-2018, 11:40 PM
Random emblem - retarded.
In every game that has crafting elements CRAFTING means you know what you are getting, and you complete tasks necessary to get.
When its random then its GACHA.
What they did is the most stupid thing ever - they let you do the grind for crafting, but wht you get is totally random....
Completely murders the point of crafting so you can get THAT specific emblem you need for your tank....

I just cant...

Also a bit more variety for those missions would be nice. Its boring to fight the same boss on the same tileset. At least randomize the bacground, a city tile map, snow tile map, grass tile map. Its visually boring to fight on the same bloody dirtpile all the time.

Unregistered
03-02-2018, 12:59 AM
Don't tie the star level of the schematic to the map level, make that random as well. I don't think it's fair that low-level expeditions don't have a chance to get 5* schematics.

Strongly disagree. It's important that there be some incentive to building up your forces to take on stronger enemies.

Random emblem - retarded.
In every game that has crafting elements CRAFTING means you know what you are getting, and you complete tasks necessary to get.

Agreed. If emblem crafting offers no control over the finished product then you're better off doing any tile given even a vanishingly minuscule chance to acquire high level tanks or emblems.
When they originally mentioned crafting I was pictured something that would let you re-roll one of the secondary modifiers on an emblem, or make a duplicate of an emblem you already own.
Devs need to put more consideration into game system design.

Unregistered
03-02-2018, 02:07 AM
Strongly disagree. It's important that there be some incentive to building up your forces to take on stronger enemies.

There's plenty of incentive to get XP in this game. Absolutely nobody is going to say to themselves, "Well, I WAS going to work on grinding XP, but since I'm able to craft 5* emblems I won't bother anymore."

Since 5* emblems are available as loot on lower level Factoria tiles they should also be available to craft at lower levels.

WhatIconceal
03-02-2018, 08:35 AM
Hello everyone, we will be doing a short emergency patch today, March 2nd from 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/326717416119730176/419152034567290891/problems.png

TreadNaught
03-03-2018, 10:12 PM
Well we got a five star artillery on research and it's once again the grossly inadequate GW Tiger.

Myrdin
03-04-2018, 02:36 AM
Well we got a five star artillery on research and it's once again the grossly inadequate GW Tiger.

How is she inadequate ?

Personally she is better than the last Arty chan we got. Aint no Seren, but its better then the previous thats for sure.

WhatIconceal
03-04-2018, 06:51 AM
Apparently ppl don't like her cause she's "not as good as zoya", and that makes her "bad".

TreadNaught
03-04-2018, 10:02 AM
Apparently ppl don't like her cause she's "not as good as zoya", and that makes her "bad".

Yep. Except, y'know... replace the words you put into my mouth with actual points like how she's only has a blast radius of four, and has a weak as hell damage output for her deployment cost. The FV3805 beats her on both points.

WhatIconceal
03-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Yep. Except, y'know... replace the words you put into my mouth with actual points like how she's only has a blast radius of four, and has a weak as hell damage output for her deployment cost. The FV3805 beats her on both points.

First, I never said those are your words, I just quoted some discord ppl. Second, FV has blast radius of 5, which is imo not that big for 5* arty too; also, define "damage output" please.

I think there's no point in comparing those two as they have different skills (fill different roles) and both are inferior to Diane and Zoya.

I picked GW when she showed up in research for the first time and i like how she performs so far.

Unregistered
03-04-2018, 12:58 PM
For additional consideration: I don't have either, but I have to pay attention and engage countermeasures when GW Tiger shows up on the other side. FV, not at all.

TreadNaught
03-04-2018, 09:29 PM
FV has blast radius of 5, which is imo not that big for 5* arty too; also, define "damage output" please.

A blast radius of five covers 1.56 times the area of a blast radius of four. That's a not-inconsiderable increase.
Damage output - The amount of damage a tank puts out. Per gear cost, the GW Tiger puts out 38.6 dps. 36.24 dpspg for a SU-14-1, 44.475 for a FV3805, 46d for the T-92, 79.93 for the M8 and, to be fair, 28.8 for the S-51 and 20ish for the Panzerwerfer and Katyusha. The Panz and Katy have much more destructive and versatile actives though, and the S-51 has a stupidly huge blast radius that effectively bypasses defensive counters.

For additional consideration: I don't have either, but I have to pay attention and engage countermeasures when GW Tiger shows up on the other side. FV, not at all.

The other way of looking at that is that there are countermeasures against a GW. Sure, it's attention grabbing when a tank knocks a chunk of damage off at once so you learn to throw up a defensive active to shrug it off. A stun? It's still a stun. Six seconds of the enemy having complete freedom to step all over you while you do no damage and any active skills you had going burn out. The GW's active is still effective against the AI mostly because the AI always uses it's actives immediately as they become available.

So 'grossly inadequate' is too harsh, probably? It still seems more like a pretty okay four star tank with a five star tank's skill.

DrunkMonkGar
03-06-2018, 09:42 AM
My first legitimate factory 5* rolled off the assembly line yesterday and it was IS-7. How does she compare to IS-3?

WhatIconceal
03-06-2018, 03:43 PM
My first legitimate factory 5* rolled off the assembly line yesterday and it was IS-7. How does she compare to IS-3?

IS-3 is a bit tankier and has lower range so she is better as heavy.

Hello Generals. The game will be down tomorrow for maintenance, March 7th from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST. Be sure to return your scouts and finish your expeditions before then!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/326717416119730176/420697847730667540/Store_notification.jpg

DrunkMonkGar
03-06-2018, 05:13 PM
Thank you.

WhatIconceal
03-07-2018, 04:27 PM
patch notes (http://armorblitz.com/2018/03/mar-7th-patch-training-expeditions-mbt-70/)

dat eva, dat range, dat skill, dat butt... actually it's the first prem that i wanna get

https://i2.wp.com/armorblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/MBT-70.png

Unregistered
03-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Plus a 5* Neko infantry...I don't recall the others being 5*.

Myrdin
03-07-2018, 11:25 PM
The power creep in this game is starting to ramp up....

TreadNaught
03-08-2018, 03:07 AM
Really durable. Beats the 1a1 in base stats, but with no skill to improve upon that. She's costly to deploy, especially considering her skill is an [admittedly devastating] one-shot one-target silver bullet. A good tank to have when you absolutely positively have to make an enemy dead right now, but I wouldn't say she's the new top medium either. Nice art assets.

thatoneguyfromwork
03-08-2018, 08:04 AM
What's up with that cat anyway? Does it do anything or is it just like for leveling up tanks or something.

Unregistered
03-08-2018, 11:21 AM
It's mostly for the collections of completionists, but at the same time it's a 1 gear cost unit you can throw out for an emergency speedbump...and at 5*s might actually not be completely useless if you can find the space to level it up.

DrunkMonkGar
03-08-2018, 11:30 AM
The new cats are XP fodder, according to the patch.

WhatIconceal
03-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Infantry Units
There are THREE new infantry units being added in this patch. We have Pvt. Oliver (British), Pvt. Rascal (US), and Pvt. Otto (German). They have different rarities and when used in upgrading, give a lump sum of exp. For example, Oliver as a 3-star cat gives 2,000 XP flat and Pvt. Otto as a 5-star cat gives 50,000 XP! You will have to construct these units through the schematic system – which means new expeditions as well. Fight Invasions now on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays to get expedition maps. Training maps will give you the chance to earn Infantry Rations and Infantry Rucksacks, which combine into different tiered cats! Get going!

So these new cats are just exp fodder units, like in many other games.

Nope
03-08-2018, 01:43 PM
Game would have to actually move for power creep to go anywhere or mean anything :)

The power does not really have anywhere to go right now as there is literally no content in the game that even remotely requires or challenge it. And honestly, it will take them months and months at their pace to go anywhere.

More an "insert coin here for illusory gain" prompt than anything.

Unregistered
03-09-2018, 05:15 PM
Oh, AB...no, no, no.

No, I am not going to spend cores to build XP fodder. And no way am I going to take up a factory slot to do it, either. Are you guys high?

WhatIconceal
03-10-2018, 01:07 PM
10 cores for 50k exp seems good to me

TreadNaught
03-10-2018, 02:57 PM
Oh, AB...no, no, no.

No, I am not going to spend cores to build XP fodder. And no way am I going to take up a factory slot to do it, either. Are you guys high?

The factory slots are otherwise essentially worthless once you've squeezed out the few useful four stars it produces. The chance for a five star is so low it's not even worth the oil*. The core consumption's not bad for focus leveling a tank. It's not like the "pay to not play" insanity that is level skipping portal of chaos for more than the potential reward or spinning the wheel of disappoint for way too many cores.

* Like, I'm pretty sure you have a greater chance per oil of getting a five star tank running maps in zone five and six than building tanks in the factory.

Unregistered
03-10-2018, 03:35 PM
XP fodder

You can still use a couple of 1* light tanks in the team (with 30% exp bonus for free), at level 50 they give more than 300.000 experiences, in my opinion anyway better than farming \ crafting stupid cats. In any case, rucksacks very rarely come across too ...

Unregistered
03-10-2018, 06:57 PM
Every 4* is 25 blueprints. It's not game-changing, but it's way more useful than spending cores on not getting blueprints from a factory slot. Plus, not counting WanWan, I've gotten three 5*s from my factory slots. Of course, this biases me toward the factory, but someone else's bad luck also biases them against it.

Unregistered
03-11-2018, 04:33 PM
One problem with this game is that doing anything in the game costs the same resource [oil], so some things are always going to end up being an objectively worse uses of that resource than others. The only reason there can even be a debate on whether running Oci or building tanks in the factory is a better use of oil is because we don't have access to the actual numbers there.

We DO have access to the numbers for PoC and expeditions though, and the numbers are... crap.

The cost of running expeditions is around 350 oil just to get the map and then 150 to run it. So you're using a bare ass minimum of 1000 oil, 5000 currency and 5 cores to build a Rascal. 12k Xp for that kiiinda sucks if you consider you're losing out on all the stage five/six drops that oil could buy. Emblem expeditions are an even worse trade. Well, I'm also never spending cores on frivolous crap again after missing my chance to grab that booster tank on Christmas. It's not 10 cores, it's 1/200th of a PT-76! (I'm also never spending cores on anything that says it has a '40% chance' of a five star tank because it clearly fucking doesn't.) The main benefit of expeditions so-far is that they've improved the oil per reward ratio of core/blueprint invasions.

PoC starts out giving you about one blueprint per 6 oil and then steadily gives worse and worse returns. By the time you start seeing bosses you're spending 35 oil per blueprint, at which point you may as well be using the oil at the factory as far as blueprints are concerned. Mid tier core and candy rewards for PoC... exist? It's hard to justify spending the time and oil on them though. Maybe it's better returns at high levels but by where I'm standing it's pretty bad.

Unregistered
03-11-2018, 07:57 PM
PoC starts out giving you about one blueprint per 6 oil and then steadily gives worse and worse returns. By the time you start seeing bosses you're spending 35 oil per blueprint, at which point you may as well be using the oil at the factory as far as blueprints are concerned. Mid tier core and candy rewards for PoC... exist? It's hard to justify spending the time and oil on them though. Maybe it's better returns at high levels but by where I'm standing it's pretty bad.

While I agree that there is the common cost of oil, there also are things that you simply have to do regardless of their oil efficiency if you want to get anywhere in this game. I don't know where you are vis a vis H-unlocks/upgrade points and 5* acquisitions, but I really rely on those 11 PoC candies every two days. I have four 5*s still waiting to get stories unlocked, all the 4*s except Tabby and Rena, and even one 4* currently without stories that I would really like to upgrade someday. Therefore I will continue to run 30+ PoC maps each cycle. The cores reward from PoC is also necessary for the long run...if you're concerned enough about cores to avoid building Nekos (a position with which I agree) you should probably also be concerned enough about cores to maximize your intake of them without worrying about how much oil it will cost to get them.

Oil efficiency is fine for as far as it goes, but at some point volume takes a higher precedence.

Myrdin
03-11-2018, 10:59 PM
How about combining the Exp maps with the standard Exp Booster we get from log ins ?

That ought to yeald some more worthwhile results as far as oil-experience ratio goes ... ?

WhatIconceal
03-14-2018, 04:11 PM
Zoya in research

say goodbye to your BPs nerds patch notes (http://armorblitz.com/2018/03/mar-14th-patch-bug-fixes-and-research-lab-change/)

TreadNaught
03-14-2018, 10:02 PM
Zoya in research, say goodbye to your BPs nerds

Well I was going to say goodbye to my blueprints but despite all evidence to the contrary the lab seems to think I bought her from research already so I uh... I guess my BPs are safe?

. . . woo.

WhatIconceal
03-14-2018, 10:37 PM
I assume you've bought Chieftain before? cause my lab shows that i've bought Strid, tho i haven't.

https://i.imgur.com/8nTXGpb.png

Unregistered
03-15-2018, 10:18 AM
Huh...I was so excited to see Stridsvagn in there I didn't even notice a second 5*. But I got Zoya the first time around, and coincidentally, I just removed her from the platoon to make room for Strids.

Myrdin
03-16-2018, 09:54 AM
Welcome Zoya.

Nice. Now whom to kick out.... Arty chan.... or Minnie.... Hmmm
Edit: Minnie it is, I am already bored of this one dimensional tank, who outside of her active does nothing no matter what emblems you use on her.

TreadNaught
03-17-2018, 05:01 PM
I am already bored of this one dimensional tank, who outside of her active does nothing no matter what emblems you use on her.

Minnie and Zoya are among the few tanks where accuracy and piercing emblems are almost necessary for them to function well. They also fill pretty similar roles, so I can see replacing Minnie with higher regular damage and AoE Zoya.

Still, that active is great and Minnie's not too costly to deploy. I have a piercing emblem with a high flat damage boost that's about perfect for turning Minnie into a shredder. It'd be cool if you got an after action report to see how much raw/actual damage your tanks put out/soaked up during a fight.

Nope
03-18-2018, 01:06 AM
Katy or Minnie + dmg buff and active = Any boss dead.

Not that it matters much. I stopped 99% of levelling at christmas despite being a late starter.
Simply no content of relevance that makes the time spent worth it.

Level tanks to get tanks to level to level them for?

Not to bitch. But content starvation is severe once the story is done and h-content is hyper gated and of subpar quality.
The games redeeming feature imo is that it is ok to send 10mins in now and then to lane "RTS" a bit.

Myrdin
03-23-2018, 05:22 AM
Tomorrow is my last daily log in 5*
Will max out Zoya affection to see the scene and then drop the game.
While it was fairly fun for a while, there are some gaping issues, lack of content and extremely small number of events doesn't help either.
Another problem is there is no fast way to burn your fully maxed oil other than spending 15-20 minutes on running a map over and over again. No 500/1000 mission to do that. To put it simply it became extremely tedious considering you don't always have the time to get it done.

I managed to get quite nice amount of 5* tank girls, something I do think is great in this game, though it pretty much degrades anything below a 5* into trash, and even some of the 5* who are worse than others. Still I do like the character designs and such, I think they were plenty of cute/adorable/cool and pretty looking ones in the game, from all the tank tiers.

Anyway, wish you all the best luck for those who are sticking around with this game.

Nope
03-29-2018, 12:48 AM
Seems like no event for easter either.
Going to call it too.

Spent some money on it and ok for the time, so fair enough in that way.
But there simply isnt anything moving, at all, never was really, like a rocket always and almost ready to blast off, but infinite stuck to the ground.

(I dont count crafting, it's an adult game, I expect back to back events, sexy babes and loads and loads of them, not more vanilla than vanilla, not wholesome, but sexy)

TiamatRoar
03-29-2018, 07:50 AM
Yea, I ended up dropping the game because it got too time-consumming, not just with oil but also with keeping up with the scouts, of which it was RANDOM how long you could expect them to be out before you have to retrieve them and then that 20% timer for them to come back which may or may not gel with your real life schedule (and that you also have to keep track of, which just got tiring because I'd always have on the back of my mind, "Did I collect my scouts yet?")

The oil usage got to the point where I was dreading having to log on and see my oil at max because then I'd feel obliged to spend it and that just got tiring day after day. And all for nothing, really, because there just wasn't any point to levelling after a while or even to getting new tanks once you've gotten a full roster. I guess their solution to the latter was these expeditions but that's just more time consumming and didn't really feel very satisfying.

Oh well, it was fun for a longer while than most browser/mobile games I've played, and at least in this one I didn't find myself hating the developers unlike most games where I end up feeling like they were just trying to fleece me.

Unregistered
04-18-2018, 06:05 PM
ANZAC Day event on...not sure we still have anyone who needs the info to get all the rewards, but I can do the rundown if it's needed.

What I like: not needing RNG currency to get main rewards. It's still there (wreathes), but it's only used for emblems.

What I dislike: random level Bob Semple for event currency. But it's not a 5*, so I suppose I don't care all that much if I get a lvl 10.

What I hate with seething rage: emblem template rewards instead of actual emblems. Expedition map invasion tiles have been take it or leave it so far, but now I HAVE to run them to complete the event? Fuck that shit.

Unregistered
04-19-2018, 02:13 PM
Wow, that last event tile is a challenge. I've found that for my platoon, I have to charge straight up the middle to clear out that regen crystal and the scorps, and hope the AI sends the first...

TiamatRoar
04-19-2018, 05:41 PM
I left a while ago and solidified it by not buying that amazing light tank with the paradrop back when she was on sale, so now I don't have to worry about any temptation, but... yeesh. When I saw they finally added a blitz mode for PoC, a small part of me felt a tinge of sadness for leaving but it was quickly evaporated away when I saw you could only blitz up to stage 20 anyways. Too late AND waaaay too little.

Unregistered
04-20-2018, 01:28 PM
In case anyone's curious, the PoC checkpoints cost 50 cores for lvl 5, 150 for lvl 10, and 300 for lvl 15.

Useless.

TreadNaught
04-22-2018, 06:38 PM
Just being able to skip 20 utterly pointless level loading screens and their associated game crashes every two days is worth the cores. If I had a criticism to levy against how PoC skip is implemented it's the lack of articulation. In a checkpoint system like this I'd rather it be something that lets me come back and retry any specific map in the sequence for a better battle/time score, and then save that result as part of my skip totals for 15-20 cores.

Also yeah, last map of ANZAC event is freaking brutal, mostly because the armor and evasion on all my tanks seems to just suddenly stop working on that map.

Also just throwing this out there, but the fact that you get less than 1/100th the fragments needed to build an emblem when you dismantle one is insane horse shit.

Unregistered
04-22-2018, 11:56 PM
I suspect that 1/100 is because you get emblems 'relatively' easily while doing battles. Otherwise, no idea.

Unregistered
04-23-2018, 01:59 AM
Their reddit, being both mobile and adult version, is just about the only forum left alive at this stage.

And I suppose will be the only one soon as all the adult forums are dead or dying due to, well, AB still not behaving as an adult game despite being launched as one, 9 months ago? (ex. even single developer patreons games outproduce AB by a margin in adult content, quality and story)

Anyho, their reddit for this and I am out too, best of luck to all.

/r/armorblitz/comments/8dn5v9/question_poc_checkpoint_cost/

Unregistered
04-23-2018, 12:45 PM
Well, there's also the Discord...if you want any constructive criticism to be REEEEEd at by a legion of gibbering fanbois.

Unregistered
04-23-2018, 03:00 PM
Just being able to skip 20 utterly pointless level loading screens and their associated game crashes every two days is worth the cores. If I had a criticism to levy against how PoC skip is implemented it's the lack of articulation. In a checkpoint system like this I'd rather it be something that lets me come back and retry any specific map in the sequence for a better battle/time score, and then save that result as part of my skip totals for 15-20 cores.

The checkpoint gives 150% of the points, the maximum attainable

TreadNaught
04-23-2018, 08:16 PM
The checkpoint gives 150% of the points, the maximum attainable

That works, I guess. Their scoring method for PoC is a bit silly anyway.

Unregistered
04-26-2018, 12:00 PM
So, which 5 star tank from plans would you recommend to get first, if you don't have either before?

IS 3 is one and another was artillery type british one, don't remember it right now.

Unregistered
04-27-2018, 11:36 AM
Is3 is graven for the infiltration: blocked the arrival of the reserves in their zone and separated the army in enemy in 2 block
It is uninteresting but to reserve for players who has a 5 * solid frame

Unregistered
04-27-2018, 11:40 AM
interesting (sorry)

Unregistered
05-02-2018, 01:29 AM
How the fuck do you deal with the rain of purple shit in this event? It obliterates artillery in one hit and everything else in two or three hits.

DrunkMonkGar
05-02-2018, 02:42 AM
Hope that the enemy comes down one of the sides, since most of the artillery lands in the center. If they are coming down the center you just have to make do with sturdy tanks until you get to the boss, and hope artillery doesn't land on the heads of your DPS before they get in range.

TreadNaught
05-02-2018, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't stress over it. This is frankly one of the worst event tanks we've seen anyway. It's skill is interesting but it just doesn't work on the tank it's been put on. The Hedge is just too fast, ironically. You don't ever get to use the extra range of the skill, and even if you do she spends so much time rotating between shots that her DPS drops from bad to worse. The hedge would have worked ...okay?... if her skill boosted rotation speed along with range or if the base tank had anything going for it.

Unregistered
05-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Don't use arty until you've cleared the center with other tanks, then time your arty's run to cross your half of the field right after the AOE shots land.

I dunno, though...by the time my medium deathball finally dies off my destroyers are usually well on their way to killing the boss and I don't even have to deploy artillery.

DrunkMonkGar
05-09-2018, 05:07 PM
Lieutenant upgrading is a thing now. I've maxed out my Rachel's ability power, health and armor since those seem like no brainers. What do you guys think the other 20 points should be spent on?

Edit: something seems to have broken with crystal bosses and they now melt artillery in seconds.

Unregistered
05-09-2018, 06:13 PM
he talks about a second part it will surely be skill specific to each lieutenant
better wait for this second phase for the last 20 points

Unregistered
05-17-2018, 08:48 PM
I hate the cross-eyed, mouth-agape, tongue-lolling, and drooling expressions they're putting on the new girls during their sex scenes. Iris and Aria are so fucking hot in their normal drawings, but slip a cock in them and they apparently turn into total retards. Passion is one thing...Nadia's scene shows her getting more than she bargained for, Catriona's shows her being overcome by the moment and even drooling a little bit...but their expressions look hot and sexy, not goofy.

Good fucking grief, AB devs...tell your artists that sex isn't supposed to be a near-death experience. And depictions of sex for H-games aren't supposed to be a ridiculous turn-off.

TreadNaught
05-21-2018, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I'm not feeling this event. All they've done is increase the number of high-casualty tiles you need to grind through immediately after a patch that makes casualties even more frequent. Repairs in events are already annoying enough, repairs in general are too expensive and the game just piles on too many concurrent levels of assdraggery and grind in these events.

Unregistered
05-22-2018, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I'm not feeling this event. All they've done is increase the number of high-casualty tiles you need to grind through immediately after a patch that makes casualties even more frequent. Repairs in events are already annoying enough, repairs in general are too expensive and the game just piles on too many concurrent levels of assdraggery and grind in these events.

The way I look at it is right after each reset and taking care of daily stuff like invasion tiles and burning your oil, you do your four wine/cheese missions first, then run the first four of each meat/baguette missions. Then you do tile five of either the meat/baguette line before going to bed (works for Americans, not sure how anyone else would time it). The next morning you do tile six of that line then go on about your day. When you sit down to game after the next day rolls over, take care of your dailies then do tile five of the remaining line, then after you get up the next morning finish tile six of the last line. Repair cost = zero. It's not even any more of a time commitment, it's just spread out over the two days of each event reset.

Now I will admit that the rewards do seem tighter this time. Even with only needing 200K for both event tanks instead of 225K...the macaroons seem to not be as plentiful as the campaign map currencies of other events. It could be that I'm not investing the same effort as I did in other events, such as not being strict about running lights in scouting for oil, and devoting a larger percentage of the oil I do have to PoC, but I just get the nagging feeling that I may have to purchase some event currency this time, even considering that I don't care about the exchange items this time (I already have ARL44, and I'm sure I'll get the new emblems sooner or later).

Unregistered
06-05-2018, 09:17 AM
After action report:

After getting a little more serious about scouting for oil, it turns out I had enough macaroons so that I didn't need to spend cores to fill out both donation meters. In fact, I had enough to trade for a Pvt. Oliver as well.

I stopped doing any of the wine/cheese attack lines at all when it became obvious I'd never have any spare baguettes or meat to spend on exchange items. Granted, this realization came rather late, but at least they didn't cost me anything but time. At least as I said before, there's nothing in the exchange shop that I just HAD to have, but it sucked for those of you who don't already have Amelie.

All in all, not a bad event. It did require spreading out play time over the full time of each reset to avoid repair costs, but it was entirely possible to get lucky breaks on tiles 5/6 and have a zero casualty run (tile 5 on both lines had zero casualties this time, which explains why I'm done early). Event girls are hot (though Louise's eyebrows are a little off-putting) and their stories are cute (4/5 on Louise at the moment). But can we please get some Medium event tanks in the future? I'm already overstocked on them so that I can't field all of them at the same time, but some of mine are getting close to lvl 50 and I'd like to rotate some new ones in when they get there, especially when just grinding easy XP.

Ramazan
06-16-2018, 05:14 AM
Is anyone have abandoned&spare account with multiple 5* tanks? i wanna start again to game but dont want to start from the stratch.

Unregistered
05-11-2019, 02:00 AM
So, Panther II or FV4201 Chieftain?

Unregistered
05-15-2019, 04:26 PM
So, Panther II or FV4201 Chieftain?

Panther II for me as I allready have Chieftain.

By the way, a quite big update have been rolled out today : new enhanceable unit, with a story to come with, an event rerun, 4 new story missions and a new level cap !

Unregistered
05-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Now it is Ho-RI II and M48 Patton and I have neither. Recommendations would be appreciated and suggestions on how to grind plans?

Unregistered
05-27-2019, 03:36 PM
Now it is Ho-RI II and M48 Patton and I have neither. Recommendations would be appreciated and suggestions on how to grind plans?

Well neither looks interesting for me. I would advise to keep your blueprints and wait for a better choice.

To grind plans : well, farming every reccurrent mission : getting 5 tanks per day, farming the poc every two days, the daily invasion two times per week and buying 20 every day in the shop with the free cores you get from poc and daily mission.

unknown68
06-12-2019, 06:30 AM
Can someone explain why this got it's own forum section? I could understand it back in this thread's prime (when people were asking for it and it was denied), but now there's been literally 5 posts in the past 12 months, 6 if you include this one.

Unregistered
06-16-2019, 02:24 PM
No idea.

Anyway, FV214 Conqueror, yes / no.

unknown67
06-18-2019, 06:52 AM
No idea.

Anyway, FV214 Conqueror, yes / no.

She got significant nerfs a long time ago, so there are much better heavies. Then again, I haven't picked up the game in nearly a year so maybe things changed and she's suddenly really good again.

Unregistered
06-29-2019, 08:33 AM
once again.

T62, yes or no.

Unregistered
08-30-2019, 07:47 AM
M551 Sheridan or Centurien MK5

Unregistered
09-01-2019, 12:22 AM
M551 Sheridan or Centurien MK5

I realize that this is too late now, but do you really not have MK5 yet? If not, she's less of a special case tank than Sheridan, and I would think more useful altogether since Mediums basically rule this game. Unless of course you don't have Aria and really need a once-per-battle (almost) guaranteed kill. It's on a really fragile frame, though, so not as good as either of the others. Also, I've found that the stun from paradrop is not really all that useful.

Unregistered
09-27-2019, 01:26 PM
I realize that this is too late now, but do you really not have MK5 yet? If not, she's less of a special case tank than Sheridan, and I would think more useful altogether since Mediums basically rule this game. Unless of course you don't have Aria and really need a once-per-battle (almost) guaranteed kill. It's on a really fragile frame, though, so not as good as either of the others. Also, I've found that the stun from paradrop is not really all that useful.

Hum, no Mediums don't really rule this game. In fact only a few Mediums are usefull at higher levels. But thanks to Focus Fire ability, Mk5 is one of those usefull Mediums and should be quite high on the priority list.

What's rule the game is good heavies with long range DPS (so some artillery and destroyer mix).

loupan
12-11-2019, 09:32 PM
So what tank is good to get this event? I think if I use up all my cores and don't do any of the candy cane path I should be able to afford half a tank. Which tank half would be better? I'm leaning towards half a PT-76 since it's better than the enhanced T-70. Summoning one and a half cats and healing 25 hp a second seems a bit weak compared to 10 seconds of 15% damage reduction.

Kael
03-26-2020, 09:01 AM
Hello all, decided to fire up the game after a long (1 year+) hiatus, to see what is up with the game, and I have a few questions.

1, Is this game dead? as in no new content being released, but game is still up, but devs are letting it slowly die. I'm asking because many tanks that did not have H scenes more than ayear ago, still do't have them, and not even 1-3 but 4-5 stars (Sakura, Petra, Astrid just to name a few)

2, Is there an easy way to look at the CGs again? some of the storys are very tedious to click through for literal minutes just for a picture. I mean I'll read the story one time, but if I want to look at the picture again I'm not going to click for minutes.

Thanks for your ansers in advance

Unregistered
03-26-2020, 04:27 PM
1, Is this game dead? as in no new content being released, but game is still up, but devs are letting it slowly die. I'm asking because many tanks that did not have H scenes more than ayear ago, still do't have them, and not even 1-3 but 4-5 stars (Sakura, Petra, Astrid just to name a few)

Well, we haven't got H scenes for girls without one, but we got new girls (mostly) with H scenes. The last one being Misha during the christmas event.

2, Is there an easy way to look at the CGs again? some of the storys are very tedious to click through for literal minutes just for a picture. I mean I'll read the story one time, but if I want to look at the picture again I'm not going to click for minutes.

Sadly, as far as I know no easy way. Would be nice to have some QOL update but I don't have a lot of hope :-(

Kael
03-28-2020, 04:08 AM
Thanks for the answers.
So it's more a case of incompetence/apathy from the devs.
Unfortunate. I would understand not having H scenes for all 1-3 star units, but 4 and especially 5 stars, which can be bought for money, not having one is just pure negligence/incompetence.

Unregistered
03-28-2020, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the answers.
So it's more a case of incompetence/apathy from the devs.
Unfortunate. I would understand not having H scenes for all 1-3 star units, but 4 and especially 5 stars, which can be bought for money, not having one is just pure negligence/incompetence.

Also, they seem to have an obsession with loli tank girls in an H game while explicitly saying that they can't have loli H scenes. I understand if they don't want to even skirt around the loli H stuff (sorry if that's somebody's thing), but in that case they shouldn't have loli tank girls in the first place. Plenty of light tank girls have been drawn so that they still qualify as light tanks but don't appear underage. If they absolutely must have lolis, though, they certainly shouldn't waste an artist's time and effort on non-H content in an H game. Nobody wants 'family friendly' stories in an H game, especially when there are so many H-worthy candidates who still don't have stories.

Unregistered
03-28-2020, 05:48 PM
Also, they seem to have an obsession with loli tank girls in an H game while explicitly saying that they can't have loli H scenes. I understand if they don't want to even skirt around the loli H stuff (sorry if that's somebody's thing), but in that case they shouldn't have loli tank girls in the first place. Plenty of light tank girls have been drawn so that they still qualify as light tanks but don't appear underage. If they absolutely must have lolis, though, they certainly shouldn't waste an artist's time and effort on non-H content in an H game. Nobody wants 'family friendly' stories in an H game, especially when there are so many H-worthy candidates who still don't have stories.

Well, maybe they make most of their money on the non-H version of the game where they could a public for 'family friendly' stories ?

As for myself, I play the game more for the gameplay than the H scenes.

Unregistered
04-05-2020, 08:40 AM
And just as we were talking, we got a new girl. Well not really a new girl but a new enhanced version of an existing girl : AMX-40 Cana.
For me it's nice to see some novelty. But still no new story nor H-content. Just a new non-H art.

Unregistered
06-23-2020, 04:03 PM
Advice for emblem choices, would you recommend replacing 3* with 4 or 5* emblems, or is there any point for going higher star embles other then wider spread of stats?

TiamatRoar
06-24-2020, 08:26 PM
Advice for emblem choices, would you recommend replacing 3* with 4 or 5* emblems, or is there any point for going higher star embles other then wider spread of stats?

A 5* Crit emblem has a truckton more crit on the emblem itself than a 3* crit emblem even before you consider that it gets 5 random mods instead of just 3 that the 3* gets.

Any emblem where the main base of that emblem is for an important stat is something you want to get 5* of if you can, although of course a 5* with horrible random mods is still not going to be as good as a 4* with good mods (the crit on the crit emblem alone or the attack speed on an attack speed emblem will mean that 4* will have to get pretty good mods to beat it though and a 3* will have a lot of trouble beating a bad 5* emblem).

Of course, that's just for certain emblems. Crit, Crit Damage, Attack Speed, Evasion, and to a lesser extent +HP are the type of emblems that you really want to get 5*s of. A 5* accuracy or penetration emblem won't make that much of a difference (penetration can't reduce armour below 0 so you usually are fine with just a 4*), and a 5* movement speed or rotation emblem is usually hot garbage no matter what the mods are.

Unregistered
06-25-2020, 01:17 AM
I would like clarification, can the mods get higher stats on higher star emblems, or are the mods always same size regardless of stars?

Essentially, is has the Max Level Emblem with Damage Reduction mod same Damage Reduction at 1 or 5 stars?