PDA

View Full Version : Friend Eidolons: A Guide to being a Good Friend

sanahtlig
06-25-2017, 05:30 PM
The friend eidolon system was changed with the Quetzacoatl event update. Now each friend can provide up to 6 eidolons (1 per element, chosen from the primary eidolons equipped to your 6 teams), potentially increasing the options available to players. However, eidolons in a lower-letter party (e.g., A) will mask eidolons of the same element in subsequent parties (e.g., F), even if the preferred eidolon is in your active party. Also, useless eidolons like Diabolos will just clutter the list.

Edit 10/6/2017: The latest version of the full guide can now be found in Sanahtlig's Kamihime Project Game Guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K_dU3rCief_ajPGS9YBuVdxXBYFyCGGXAxYYyK0jzg/edit#heading=h.djp6t5fgyihg), where this guide has been collected with many others.

Boydjt
06-25-2017, 06:56 PM
So you can only have your top three highest levelled eilodons appear to your friends? Or can you have up to six as long as they aren't the same element?

sanahtlig
06-25-2017, 08:36 PM
I suggested 3 due to the character limit in the message. You could probably fit 5 if you devoted your entire message to it. In my case, Garuda and Quetzacoatl would not be available at the same time. I'm water element, so usually I'd be running Garuda. But during a Thunder event, I might run Quetzacoatl. Since Quetzacoatl would hardly ever be out, I should probably just replace her in the message with Anzu.

After this event, I'll probably add my newly LB4 Apocalypse and Phoenix to the list and equip them to my formations to be a more versatile friend.

- - - Updated - - -

On further investigation, it seems that the number of friends available is fixed (maybe at 6?). If one of your available friends doesn't have a primary eidolon for a given element, that slot is wasted! So aim to cover all 6 elements with your primary eidolons. Failing that, use the double-element eidolons to cover all 6 elements with 3 eidolon, then use the 3 remaining slots as you see fit (unless you have a better eidolon that will be masked by one of those double-element eidolons).

AgentFakku
06-25-2017, 09:29 PM
jajajajajajajaja welp, I already knew im useless

even w/ work, I can still complete Aigis and Flower Knight Girl events

but frigging Kamihime and Brave Ravens (which I drop), X-Overd (game ended) are damn grinding as shit - so I just do as much as I can

and do "don't mind and turn off OCD completionist mode, just have fun"

Unregistered
06-26-2017, 06:33 AM
Great find, thanks for sharing. I wish this was common knowledge :(

Aidoru
06-26-2017, 07:42 AM
I've been asking several people on my friendlist to remove their Diabolos and some even had enhance material as mains. Though a problem is the mentality of the player base using the profile greetin as nothing but a 'daily mission' objective so they don't even read the comments by others thinking it's just someone trying to get their daily. Gonna be cleaning up people later I guess.

dreadpin
06-26-2017, 08:16 AM
all slots are lv100 +99 Apo :3, good implement but i'm all dark.... so~~~~

Boydjt
06-26-2017, 09:25 AM
How does the game decide between two eidolons of the same element and same level? For example, my wind team uses a level 55 Jabberwock and my water team uses a level 55 Behemoth (due to only starting this game after the Crom event). Which eilodon would be prioritized?

sanahtlig
06-26-2017, 09:28 AM
How does the game decide between two eidolons of the same element and same level? For example, my wind team uses a level 55 Jabberwock and my water team uses a level 55 Behemoth (due to only starting this game after the Crom event). Which eilodon would be prioritized?
Good question. Make an alt, friend yourself, and find out, then tell us about it. My educated guess is that the priority will be the same as the eidolon list (inventory) sorted by level (or one of the other sorting options that gives approximately the same result as sorting by level, like total power). The easiest way to test this hypothesis would be to compare 6 different LV1 eidolons of the same element and see which appears in the friend eidolon list, then remove those eidolon one-by-one. Might want to do it inbetween events so friends don't get mad.

SlickFenix
06-26-2017, 11:46 PM
Are you sure it's the highest lvl Eidolon of that element that gets used?

Here is why I ask. I just switched my primary Dark Team Eid to Apoc, who is only lvl 50. I have another one of my teams that is set as dark to upgrade the grid, and the Eid for that is a lvl 70 Medusa. One of my friends commented that they noticed I changed my Eidolon. So based off of that experience it doesn't seem to choose the largest lvl.

sanahtlig
06-27-2017, 12:24 AM
Are you sure it's the highest lvl Eidolon of that element that gets used?
I'm not. That was simply the preliminary conclusion others have come to. I do know for a fact that one of my friends' Behemoth was masked by a higher level Quetzacoatl. Looks like we need more data to figure out what the rules for prioritization are. My guess is that it follows one of the sorting rules available on the inventory page.

bigblackcock
06-28-2017, 09:19 AM
oh, so that how it works.
'cause of the rematch event i made 6 teams each with different element so i guess it should be ok.
although 1 person in my list have diabolos while having jabberwock and takemikazuchi in another teams XD

RyeX
06-29-2017, 08:07 AM
Quick question about the Eidolon grid:

For the sub eidolons what is more important - the raw stats, the eidolon effect, or being the same element?

Aidoru
06-29-2017, 08:56 AM
Quick question about the Eidolon grid:

For the sub eidolons what is more important - the raw stats, the eidolon effect, or being the same element?

Pretty irrelevant question towards the actual topic but to answer the question, stats and skill take priority then element should be a goal for far end game. For example, I use my Typhon who is only 2/4 break despite have several eidolons with better stats than her but I use her atk↑ buff that no other event eidolon has right now. Though if she was 0/4, I probably wouldn't use her at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not. That was simply the preliminary conclusion others have come to. I do know for a fact that one of my friends' Behemoth was masked by a higher level Quetzacoatl. Looks like we need more data to figure out what the rules for prioritization are. My guess is that it follows one of the sorting rules available on the inventory page.

If I had a 3rd SSR dark eidolon on my alt, it'd make for better results but I didn't get Medusa with it. It has a Lv40 Ouroboros (+26) and a Lv40 Apocalypse. Ouroboros has higher atk and hp. Ouroboros shows up on my main's friend support.

sanahtlig
06-29-2017, 10:57 AM
Preliminary evidence (2 runs with an account set to 6 different primary eidolons of one element) suggests the friend eidolon priority isn't based on the eidolon's characteristics at all, but instead on the party letter they're assigned to. A gets priority over B, B over C, etc. I'll need one more data point to confirm this (I shifted the eidolon in group C to group B, and the eidolon in B to C, with group A as my active party). I've done my testing with all LV1, LB0 eidolons, so it's still possible that such parameters could take priority and I've simply blinded myself to them. Two additional data points (a limit break, and raising levels of an eidolon) would be required to rule this possibility out.

Unregistered
06-29-2017, 11:10 AM
Preliminary evidence (2 runs with an account set to 6 different primary eidolons of one element) suggests the friend eidolon priority isn't based on the eidolon's characteristics at all, but instead on the party letter they're assigned to. A gets priority over B, B over C, etc. I'll need one more data point to confirm this (I shifted the eidolon in group C to group B, and the eidolon in B to C, with group A as my active party). I've done my testing with all LV1, LB0 eidolons, so it's still possible that such parameters could take priority and I've simply blinded myself to them. Further testing (two additional data points) would be required to rule this possibility out.

I was about to post on this point that this is what I also found, that the priority falls on the main eidolon in order of Party Letter. I changed between 4 different dark eidolons in Party A and it reflected what was shown to my friends (observed via alt account in real time, updated nearly instantly.) When I removed a dark eidolon from Party A completely, the dark eidolon I have in Party B showed up for friends.

Aidoru
06-29-2017, 11:13 AM
That's a really nice find. I wouldn't have thought about the party itself as priority. Hopefully more players tune into this topic. I've had to remove a few friends the past few days already with their Diabolos and Light/Dark disasters cluttering up my list.

AutoCrimson
06-29-2017, 11:18 AM
bout that, one question.

The problem is, my friends see my Diablos eido, even if i DONT even put her in the list (changed her with Apo naturally)
even if i remove all eidolons from list and then re-add (w/o Diablo ofc), its still Diablos, not Apo

any suggestions?

bigblackcock
06-29-2017, 11:20 AM
bout that, one question.

The problem is, my friends see my Diablos eido, even if i DONT even put her in the list (changed her with Apo naturally)
even if i remove all eidolons from list and then re-add (w/o Diablo ofc), its still Diablos, not Apo

any suggestions?

you did it with all 6 teams?

AutoCrimson
06-29-2017, 11:21 AM
i dont even planned any other team, too lazy

ohh, it seems the game creates all parties automatically, with Diablo being the top eido

sanahtlig
06-29-2017, 11:22 AM
bout that, one question.

any suggestions?
I'm a bit skeptical that friend eidolons update in real-time. Wait a day and see if you get the same result (you shouldn't).

bigblackcock
06-29-2017, 11:28 AM
i dont even planned any other team, too lazy

ohh, it seems the game creates all parties automatically, with Diablo being the top eido

yup, all teams will be with lancelot as soul and diabolos as main eidolon unless you edit them yourself.
that why changing just 1 team won't change it, you need to change all the 6..
if you're too lazy just do auto-setting

AutoCrimson
06-29-2017, 11:29 AM
but why in hell the other team's eido should affect my current team ffs... anyways, just changed it, will see how it will be

bigblackcock
06-29-2017, 11:32 AM
but why in hell the other team's eido should affect my current team ffs... anyways, just changed it, will see how it will be

it's not about main team, that new support thing pick up the main eidolon of each party if i'm not mistaken.
so naturaly, if some of them have diabolos as main eidolon, your friends will see her in dark eidolon.

Unregistered
06-29-2017, 12:21 PM
I'm a bit skeptical that friend eidolons update in real-time. Wait a day and see if you get the same result (you shouldn't).

I shouldn't have used "real time," but rather, whenever the servers get updated with account activity, which can be fairly quickly (shown under the Friends tag like "2 minutes ago"). I was testing by having both main and alt accounts playing at the same time, with main account (as a friend) queued up in the Support Eidolons list of my alt account. I played around with changing the main eidolons in the different parties on my main, and simply backed out of the quest queue and then re-entered on alt. Main friend is still a support option (since I never chose it for a stage), however, the eidolons in the given elements were changing.

Aidoru
06-29-2017, 12:32 PM
Yes, it should be a rather quick change. I use to do so before the element tab was changed. Used my alt when my other supports didn't have a light eidolon which I would just change my alt to Phoenix.

For AutoCrimson's issue, I find it weird that your friends see Diabolos when you say you have Apocalypse set up, unless you mean as a sub eidolon, cause you sub eidolons don't matter. Or unless you literally went straight to using team set B and left Diabolos on A...

AutoCrimson
06-29-2017, 12:57 PM
not, Idol-san. My main eido was Phoe cuz im still ultima-raiding Apo, and Apocalypse is set as my sub eido (means i dont have Apo as my main)
so CaptainNoob words probly are right

Aidoru
06-29-2017, 01:17 PM
You didn't indicate whether or not you were talking about your main eidolon and just said you swapped out Diabolos with Apocalypse. I would assume you read the first post of the thread before you asked and with that, assumed you have it as your main as the guide/first posts explains how to set up your support. So that's why I said it's weird to ask a question answered in the first post, the guide.

AutoCrimson
06-29-2017, 01:28 PM
Make sure you have a useful primary eidolon in every team, even if you don't use that team. Aim to cover all 6 elements with your primary eidolons so your friend slot in each element isn't wasted.

well, as i said before, i never thought that eido on other team would affect the main

- - - Updated - - -

anyways the event is over in few hours, so no point..
should lvl up da himes for next event