PDA

View Full Version : AP usage during Raid Events?

gottesurteil
07-04-2017, 06:23 PM
So I have a simple question: During raid events (like now) should AP be spent on regular raids for your element, or just put all towards the event. Obviously, this doesn't apply towards those who already have a full Assault board, but for those of us still building.

I still need assault weapons, true, but it seems like the time-limited means I should go towards that. BUT!!! Doesn't that mean most of the time you're 'wasting' AP by killing the tier 1 guys? In order to get the items to actually kill the expert raids. Don't get me wrong, I do every quest once for the jewels, and whenever I have the necessary items I start the expert raids, but I'll be out of them in just a few runs.

It's a bit less of an issue right now where raids are half priced for the next 3ish days, but in general, what to do?

Thoughts?

Unregistered
07-04-2017, 07:39 PM
It depends on what you want out of all the possible rewards from this thunder raid event. Ultimately, if you don't want MLB versions of Yggdrasil and the thunder weapon (note it's skill of +HP), e.g. you don't play thunder element team, then one copy of each is enough for collection purposes.

Still, I have a question about your AP usage. Generally, it makes more sense to just participate in others' raid calls using your BP points and refill as needed with energy seeds. I think Sanahtlig once calculated that if you MVP consistently in the event raids, your energy seeds expenditure breaks even from the event gacha loot and the PP/soul milestone rewards. At least I do. I started the day at about 210 seeds. Now I'm at 1 million PP and around 200 seeds. So unless you try to spawn Ragnarok raid, I would say use BP instead of AP as your main source.

sanahtlig
07-04-2017, 11:13 PM
I think Sanahtlig once calculated that if you MVP consistently in the event raids, your energy seeds expenditure breaks even from the event gacha loot and the PP/soul milestone rewards. At least I do. I started the day at about 210 seeds. Now I'm at 1 million PP and around 200 seeds. So unless you try to spawn Ragnarok raid, I would say use BP instead of AP as your main source.
I did calculate this, but you're probably recalling my results for Advent events. The BP recovery per ticket is about 0.14, with 5 tickets earned per Expert MVP (joined with BP). That's 0.7 BP earned, with a cost to join of 2 BP. However, that doesn't take into account event rewards, nor tickets earned through AP usage. Conversely, the sustainable way to do raid events without a huge devotion of time is to join, auto, and do something else. You're not going to MVP every time with that strategy, no matter how good your team is. But certainly you can get sub-MVP most of the time.