PDA

View Full Version : How does the union event work?

Raene
07-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Has anyone played the JP version or heard about how exactly the upcoming Union raid works, and how it's different from a normal event?
There's speculation that when you open a raid, only others in your union can come to support. Also, how are the rewards distributed, is there personal rewards as well as union wide rewards?

sanahtlig
07-07-2017, 06:59 PM
This union event chain features two bosses: a Lilum (started with AP) and a Demon (joined with BP).
Rewards are granted based on 4 metrics: PP, Union PP, EX demon kills (Union), Ultimate demon kills (Union). Lilums award PP and Holy Crosses, which provide day-long buffs against demons to the Union. Demons award PP and kills. It's not clear what the rewards will be, but certainly one of the main attractions will be event soul points, which will be used to purchase the new souls.
Each kill causes the demon to gain a level. Higher level demons are harder, but also award more PP. Demon levels reset each day, as do buffs from Holy Crosses.
Getting all rewards will require 400 Ultimate demon kills by the union. That's about 60 kills a day. A well-geared player (one that can solo Advent Ragnaroks) can solo a mid-level demon in 10-15min with Holy Cross buffs. So racking up the required number of kills per day will require 10-15 man hours from a veteran player, or about 1 hour each from a union of 20 active players.

Raene
07-07-2017, 07:41 PM
This union event chain features two bosses: a Lilum (started with AP) and a Demon (joined with BP).
Rewards are granted based on 4 metrics: PP, Union PP, EX demon kills (Union), Ultimate demon kills (Union). Lilums award PP and Holy Crosses, which provide day-long buffs against demons to the Union. Demons award PP and kills. It's not clear what the rewards will be, but certainly one of the main attractions will be event soul points, which will be used to purchase the new souls.
Each kill causes the demon to gain a level. Higher level demons are harder, but also award more PP. Demon levels reset each day, as do buffs from Holy Crosses.
Getting all rewards will require 400 Ultimate demon kills by the union. That's about 60 kills a day. A well-geared player (one that can solo Advent Ragnaroks) can solo a high-level demon in 10-15min with Holy Cross buffs. So racking up the required number of kills per day will require 10-15 man hours from a veteran player, or about 1 hour each from a union of 20 active players.

Thanks for the really informative answer!
A few more questions relating to the above information:

1) So similar to how most Events have a Red and Blue boss, this union event with have a Lillum(AP) boss and a Demon(BP) boss? Can both bosses can be selected individually from the quest menu, similar to the current Red/Blue system where you can choose which fight to start?
So the goal will basically be to start the day fighting Lillums, then fight progressively more difficult Demons utilizing the buffs from the Lillum.

2) Can a player call for support in defeating those bosses, and if so, are they only able to call support from their union, or are they able to call support from Friends or All players as well?

3) You mentioned EX and Ultimate difficulties; What difficulties are available to be chosen from, and how does the "levellup" on the Demon interact with these difficulties?
Are Beginner, Standard, Expert and Ultimate all available to be chosen from? Or is there a "chance-spawn" difficulty sometimes randomly unlocked upon finishing a battle?

sanahtlig
07-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the really informative answer!
A few more questions relating to the above information:

1) So similar to how most Events have a Red and Blue boss, this union event with have a Lillum(AP) boss and a Demon(BP) boss? Can both bosses can be selected individually from the quest menu, similar to the current Red/Blue system where you can choose which fight to start?
So the goal will basically be to start the day fighting Lillums, then fight progressively more difficult Demons utilizing the buffs from the Lillum.

2) Can a player call for support in defeating those bosses, and if so, are they only able to call support from their union, or are they able to call support from Friends or All players as well?

3) You mentioned EX and Ultimate difficulties; What difficulties are available to be chosen from, and how does the "levellup" on the Demon interact with these difficulties?
Are Beginner, Standard, Expert and Ultimate all available to be chosen from? Or is there a "chance-spawn" difficulty sometimes randomly unlocked upon finishing a battle?

Both fight types can be started/joined at will at any difficulty, as far as I can tell. The Holy Crosses can be stocked and then used as needed by the guild leader, as I recall. So you can farm a massive number on the first day, enough to last through the entire event.

The Lilim battles (Standard, Expert) can be joined by anyone, but the Demon battles (Expert, Ultimate) are union-only.

bigblackcock
07-07-2017, 10:44 PM
so basically the most important thing to get the rewards is to defeat as many expert/ultimate demon as they can provide the killing rewards and also give PP?
also, what buff we get from that holy cross? and you said it's stackable so we can get more buffs of whatever it is?
and damn, getting level up from each kill reminds me of that boss in dragon providence during corssover event XD

AutoCrimson
07-08-2017, 04:30 AM
getting level up from each kill reminds me of that boss in dragon providence during corssover event

dont remind me THAT boss, or ill go into drinking depression again.

Boydjt
07-10-2017, 12:29 PM
So as I understand it, this union event won't reward any SSR weapons / himes / eidolons, mainly just new soul points for the newest souls?

In terms of individual pp, does anyone have an estimate for the amount of time you'd need to invest into this to get all rewards (in comparison to raid events)?

Does anyone have any recommendations on which souls I should be going for / which abilities are must haves?

Raene
07-10-2017, 01:10 PM
So as I understand it, this union event won't reward any SSR weapons / himes / eidolons, mainly just new soul points for the newest souls?

In terms of individual pp, does anyone have an estimate for the amount of time you'd need to invest into this to get all rewards (in comparison to raid events)?

Does anyone have any recommendations on which souls I should be going for / which abilities are must haves?

It'll have SSR's. I know the weapon is a Light Staff with +atk skill, not what the other rewards are.

bigblackcock
07-10-2017, 01:17 PM
just wondering, is union event also have a gacha like raid events? or all the reward are collected from PP/union PP/ ex kill/ ultimate kill alone?

Unregistered
07-10-2017, 02:47 PM
It'll have SSR's. I know the weapon is a Light Staff with +atk skill, not what the other rewards are.

it does but that's only during it's reprint which is a year later.

sanahtlig
07-10-2017, 04:46 PM

For individuals, the PP tiers are the same as raid events, so expect a similar level of commitment to be required. Maxing Union PP will require 13 individuals with that same level of commitment.

In other words: better find a union filled with players of a similar activity level quick before the event starts.

fucka
07-11-2017, 04:38 PM
about time to join a strong union ;)

Lag
07-12-2017, 02:19 AM
Seems like so much effort and time to do compared to the other events. I might skip this one out.

nsx
07-12-2017, 01:39 PM
for this event are you able to use union burst times like in the normal raids?

Unregistered
07-12-2017, 06:21 PM
If I'm in a Union can I leave it now and join a new one when the event starts or can you not join unions during the event either? They said "Notice: The ability to transfer between unions will be deactivated for the duration of the Crucible of Combat event." but I wasn't sure if that meant joining, leaving, or both.

noxybell
07-12-2017, 07:39 PM
If I'm in a Union can I leave it now and join a new one when the event starts or can you not join unions during the event either?

Based on Japanese DMM wiki, you cannot join any new union or leave your current union once the union event starts. So your best option is to stay within your current union for now. If you leave now, you will enter the 24-hour preventive time, which will roll over into the union event time, by then when you will be union-less and hence disadvantaged.

Unregistered
07-12-2017, 08:32 PM
Based on Japanese DMM wiki, you cannot join any new union or leave your current union once the union event starts. So your best option is to stay within your current union for now. If you leave now, you will enter the 24-hour preventive time, which will roll over into the union event time, by then when you will be union-less and hence disadvantaged.
There's an official notice about this at Nutaku:

"Dear Gamers,
The Crucible of Combat is a Union based event.

Please keep in mind that the following Union functions will be unavailable for the duration of the event:
Kick Member
Leave Union
Disband Union"

The Japanese wiki I checked specifically mentioned that joining unions during the event was still possible.

- - - Updated - - -

That sucks, my current union is relaly inactive. Nobody else plays much.

acetyline
07-12-2017, 10:11 PM
I get that they're trying to prevent abuse / grief (last minute join into union, leader kicking people last minute, etc), but something like this should really have been communicated way before the start of event, not 21 hours before it. With the 24 hour join limit, even if you saw the message and left immediately, you would've still been screwed either way (assuming completely inactive union). And honestly, I kind of fail to see what purpose a 24 hour limit would serve to any party, be it players or Nutaku.

sanahtlig
07-12-2017, 11:34 PM
To clear up the misinformation: you can join a union during the event. You just can't leave one.

Also, I've been warning people since before the last raid event that an active union would be required. Users here shouldn't be surprised.

Raene
07-13-2017, 12:44 PM
My union has found out some information that others might find useful

1) Buffs cap out at 400 per day, total.
This means you should try to farm 400 Holy Grails per day. Buffs also seem to be limited at 99 Per category, though this is unconfirmed right now. If this is the case, we plan to spend 99 in Attack+, 99 in Double attack rate +, 99 in Tripple attack rate+, and 99 in burst damage+, which leftovers into HP or Affliction rate+
From previous information earlier in this thread, buffs are reset daily, and must be spent again. For this cause, optimally try to prepare 400 grails in advance, and spend all 400 as soon as the day is reset.

2) BOSS HAS ALOT OF DANGEROUS BUFFS. DISPEL THEM WITH CHAOS MAGIC ASAP.
Chaos Magic is an EX skill gained from Levelling up Cassiopeia. The boss can often have as much as 3 buffs active at the same time, if not dispelled. These buffs are Attack+, Defense+, Double attack rate+, and Triple attack rate+
The Attack+ buff is particularly lethal, level 40+ Ultimate Demons easily team-wiping our union in a single attack when not dispelled, even with precautions in place (defense buffs, attack debuffs on boss, etc).
The Defense+ buff seems to cut our Damage Dealt in half, or less, making the boss extremely difficult to kill.
For this cause our Union is bringing 5-6 Chaos Magic slotted heros to every raid. We also recommend plenty of Cassio/Andro heroes as these heros can heal every player's team, with our most veteran Dark-Mains bring DPS heros such as Arthur to do the heavy-lifting.
We also highly recommend at least 1 Mordred per raid, to bring Black Propaganda for boss control, which lets others bring Chaos Magic or Attack/Defense debuffs like Sniper Shot.

3) No SSR's or Rankings in this event. The DMM version had SSR's only in the REPRINT, aka the rerun of this event, which wont appear in the Nutaku version for roughly another ~9months(?).

4) You aren't limited to 1 raid at a time.
If you die in a demon raid, simply join another raid! You can seemingly participate in as many simultaneous Lillim and Demon battles as you wish, though I have at most only managed to be part of 2 Demon battles and a Lillim battle at the same time;
When a Raid that you "left behind" gets finished by other players, you will get a popup notifying you to pickup your rewards. There seems to be absolutely 0 downside to simply joining a raid as a glass cannon, unloading Damage on the boss as fast as possible, and then dying and clicking the "Go to my Page" option to repeat this in other raids.
To reiterate: NO YOU CAN'T "GIVE UP" ON DEMON BATTLES. THIS IS A GOOD THING. They don't time out after 1 hour either, so you can potentially wait a WHOLE DAY for your union members to finish off a boss for you.

These are my findings so far, with a few unconfirmed observations. If anyone tests them and finds out for sure, let me know and I'll fix the mistakes. Our union seems to be doing well with over 6.5m PP, 90 EX kills and 55 Ultimate kills as of 11 hours after event launch. With an active and strong union, the quotas seem well within reason

Good luck!

Unregistered
07-14-2017, 05:13 AM
Can we still retain the remaining Holy Soul P even after the end of the event? Will the Special Soul still remain too? My Union seems to be in a really bad shape as there are only 4-6 participants (even if there's full number of members who apparently regularly connect but don't really participate in the event) and I fear we can't afford the second Soul Event (And I don't plan to leave it anytime soon since I got good friends there). So what I'm trying to get at is, we cannot get full rewards at the end of the event, though I am hoping we can still retain the remaining Holy Soul P to adds up to the next Union Event to get the missing Soul Event.

EmiyaNanaya
07-14-2017, 05:20 AM
Can we still retain the remaining Holy Soul P even after the end of the event? Will the Special Soul still remain too? My Union seems to be in a really bad shape as there are only 4-6 participants (even if there's full number of members who apparently regularly connect but don't really participate in the event) and I fear we can't afford the second Soul Event (And I don't plan to leave it anytime soon since I got good friends there). So what I'm trying to get at is, we cannot get full rewards at the end of the event, though I am hoping we can still retain the remaining Holy Soul P to adds up to the next Union Event to get the missing Soul Event.

The Holy Souls that you accumulate will still be there for you to use, so don't worry about it. It's just that the event is too far apart...

Unregistered
07-14-2017, 06:02 AM
The Holy Souls that you accumulate will still be there for you to use, so don't worry about it. It's just that the event is too far apart...

Thanks a lot for the fast reply. Last question, will the Souls exclusive to this Event still be there too?

sanahtlig
07-14-2017, 09:26 AM
You're not permanently missing out on anything by not getting all the rewards this time around. You'll need 900 points to unlock all the souls in this line, so it'll just delay your ability to get full unlocks. Meanwhile others will be able to get both available souls this event.

noxybell
07-14-2017, 09:38 AM
You'll need 900 points to unlock all the souls in this line, so it'll just delay your ability to get full unlocks.

From DMM wiki, the Yukimura, Masamune, Shingen line requires a total of 1200 holy soul points.

fucka
07-14-2017, 09:51 AM
From DMM wiki, the Yukimura, Masamune, Shingen line requires a total of 1200 holy soul points.

shingen is more expensive.