PDA

View Full Version : SSR weapon skill upgrade strategy question

Unregistered
07-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Hi all,

I've found the optimal strategy for upgrading SR weapon skills based on the current weapon skill level.

However, is there something similar for SSR weapons? Do they just cost twice as much?

Thank you in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly twice as much, yes.

Raene
07-08-2017, 04:46 AM
Yes. SSR weapons cost exactly twice as much as SR's.

As far as optimal strategy goes: If you're not worried about Experience of weapons, using a combination of SR1, SR2, SR3, and SR4's will be the most efficient to level up Skill-per-weapons, along with plain old Rares.

If a Rare weapon gives 10 skill points, a SR is worth 35, or 3.5x as much as a rare.

As you've probably noticed, an SSR weapon takes 20 points to rank up from skill 1-> skill 2. An SSR at skill rank 10, would take 200 points, or 20 rares for 100% chance to skill up. SSR rank 19 -> 20, would take a whopping 380 skill, or 38 rares - Which can't be fit onto 1 upgrade screen.

A SR takes exactly half of what it takes for an SR to level up: That is, skill level 1-> skill level 2 takes 10 points, or 1 rare. Skill 10 ->11 takes 100 points, or 10 rares. Rank 19->20, takes 190 points, or 19 rares.

As far as optimal strategy for skill levelling up? It's quite simple. By SR2, i mean an SR with skill rank 2.
An SR2 gives double of what a SR1 gives, which is 35 x 2 = 70
An SR3 gives triple of what a SR1 gives, which is 35 x 3 = 105
And an SR4 gives 4x of what a SR1 gives, which is 35x 4 = 140

Now lets look at what it costs to make these SR's skillup, and how much profit you make from feed them rares.

SR2 takes 1 rare, so you've used 1 SR(35) + 1 Rare(10) = 45 total, but the SR is worth 70, meaning you profited 25
SR3 takes 1 rare(for SR2), then you feed the SR2 2 rares, totaling 3 rares. 35 + 30 = 65 in spent weapons, but an SR3 is worth 105, netting you 40 in total profit
SR4 takes 1(forSR2), then you feed the SR2 2 rares(for SR3), then you feed the SR3 3 rares and end up with your SR4. This totals 6 rares, so you used up 95 points in total to achieve you SR4, but its worth 140, so you proffited 45.
SR5 and above is when you start losing profit, so never go above 5.

Example:

Levelling up an SSR 11->12 takes 220 points
I would use an SR4(140 points) + an SR2(worth 70) + 1 rare(worth 10)
The SR4 takes up 6 rares total, the SR2 takes 1 rare, and then 1 extra rare to provide the number needed. In total, you'd use 2 SR's and 8 Rares.
(35x2) + (10x8) = 150 in total spent weapons, but you'll get 220 exp out of this approach profiting 7 rare weapons.

OR you could use 3x SR2's and Rare to achieve the same result. The possibilities are endless.

Basically, work out the number you need to skill-up the weapon, then use a combination of SR2, SR3, SR4's and Rare's to get the number you need:
SR's need 1x more rare per level, SSR's need 2x more rares per level. It's quite easy to work it out.

Unregistered
07-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Yes. SSR weapons cost exactly twice as much as SR's.

As far as optimal strategy goes: If you're not worried about Experience of weapons, using a combination of SR1, SR2, SR3, and SR4's will be the most efficient to level up Skill-per-weapons, along with plain old Rares.

If a Rare weapon gives 10 skill points, a SR is worth 35, or 3.5x as much as a rare.

As you've probably noticed, an SSR weapon takes 20 points to rank up from skill 1-> skill 2. An SSR at skill rank 10, would take 200 points, or 20 rares for 100% chance to skill up. SSR rank 19 -> 20, would take a whopping 380 skill, or 38 rares - Which can't be fit onto 1 upgrade screen.

A SR takes exactly half of what it takes for an SR to level up: That is, skill level 1-> skill level 2 takes 10 points, or 1 rare. Skill 10 ->11 takes 100 points, or 10 rares. Rank 19->20, takes 190 points, or 19 rares.

As far as optimal strategy for skill levelling up? It's quite simple. By SR2, i mean an SR with skill rank 2.
An SR2 gives double of what a SR1 gives, which is 35 x 2 = 70
An SR3 gives triple of what a SR1 gives, which is 35 x 3 = 105
And an SR4 gives 4x of what a SR1 gives, which is 35x 4 = 140

Now lets look at what it costs to make these SR's skillup, and how much profit you make from feed them rares.

SR2 takes 1 rare, so you've used 1 SR(35) + 1 Rare(10) = 45 total, but the SR is worth 70, meaning you profited 25
SR3 takes 1 rare(for SR2), then you feed the SR2 2 rares, totaling 3 rares. 35 + 30 = 65 in spent weapons, but an SR3 is worth 105, netting you 40 in total profit
SR4 takes 1(forSR2), then you feed the SR2 2 rares(for SR3), then you feed the SR3 3 rares and end up with your SR4. This totals 6 rares, so you used up 95 points in total to achieve you SR4, but its worth 140, so you proffited 45.
SR5 and above is when you start losing profit, so never go above 5.

Example:

Levelling up an SSR 11->12 takes 220 points
I would use an SR4(140 points) + an SR2(worth 70) + 1 rare(worth 10)
The SR4 takes up 6 rares total, the SR2 takes 1 rare, and then 1 extra rare to provide the number needed. In total, you'd use 2 SR's and 8 Rares.
(35x2) + (10x8) = 150 in total spent weapons, but you'll get 220 exp out of this approach profiting 7 rare weapons.

OR you could use 3x SR2's and Rare to achieve the same result. The possibilities are endless.

Basically, work out the number you need to skill-up the weapon, then use a combination of SR2, SR3, SR4's and Rare's to get the number you need:
SR's need 1x more rare per level, SSR's need 2x more rares per level. It's quite easy to work it out.

Wow so much MATH x{

But still thank you for this explanation.

gottesurteil
07-08-2017, 03:42 PM
So I fully understand the math and know how to efficiently level my skills, but I have an OPINION question!

So through a series of events (read: ffing gacha) I have some useless SSRs. For example, I have a MBL Ixid blade (thunder sword). I ALSO have two other unbroken thunder sword SSRs!! Have the Cursed Sword Gleipnir (Defender), and the Sword of Kusanagi (also Defender).

So compared to a full MBL assault SSR, they're worthless, and though I suppose I could level them to 50, the odds of me ever getting more copies of them is essentially zero. Even compared to the full MBL Thunder Assault disaster weapons, they might not match up.

Of course, getting the extra SSRs to 20 would be better than the disaster SRs, but it would be a significantly higher investment of resources, and I honestly don't know how the stats of the weapon themselves would compare. I can tell what the disaster SR will be at max level, but I have no way of knowing what an unbroken SSR would be at.

So: should I use them to max the skill level of my other SSRs (which require a boatload of points!) or save them in the off chance i get more copies, or even save them to use them? (3 options, pick one!)

Unregistered
07-08-2017, 04:12 PM
So: should I use them to max the skill level of my other SSRs (which require a boatload of points!) or save them in the off chance i get more copies, or even save them to use them? (3 options, pick one!)

Do you main an element? Does that match any of your SSR weapon mentioned in this post?

gottesurteil
07-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Do you main an element? Does that match any of your SSR weapon mentioned in this post?

Should've mentioned that. I main Fire, so therefore thunder is my secondary. My weapon board is still pathetic compared to my fire, but getting pretty decent.

sanahtlig
07-08-2017, 06:16 PM
The question you should be asking yourself is: how does X weapon compare to an MLB disaster assault weapon? In general, an SSR weapon stat-wise = SR weapon + 5 levels. Therefore a LV85 assault SR > LV75 assault SSR. Sure, an SSR weapon has a +3% skill ceiling, but you pay heavily for it. So in general, for weapon skill purposes I wouldn't invest in an SSR assault weapon without at least 2 LBs, and definitely not a defender weapon that wasn't MLB. Of course, if it's a weapon that can eventually be MLB'd via a renewal, then that changes the cost/benefit analysis.

Something to note is that assault SSRs are precious (going by my Water schedule). After a year of play you'll likely have 3 or less, so you really don't want to miss an opportunity to MLB any of them.

gottesurteil
07-08-2017, 07:36 PM
The question you should be asking yourself is: how does X weapon compare to an MLB disaster assault weapon? In general, an SSR weapon stat-wise = SR weapon + 5 levels. Therefore a LV85 assault SR > LV75 assault SSR. Sure, an SSR weapon has a +3% skill ceiling, but you pay heavily for it. So in general, for weapon skill purposes I wouldn't invest in an SSR assault weapon without at least 2 LBs, and definitely not a defender weapon that wasn't MLB. Of course, if it's a weapon that can eventually be MLB'd via a renewal, then that changes the cost/benefit analysis.

Something to note is that assault SSRs are precious (going by my Water schedule). After a year of play you'll likely have 3 or less, so you really don't want to miss an opportunity to MLB any of them.

THANK YOU! Seriously, that 5 level estimate is exactly what I was questioning. I honestly had no idea how a lvl 50 SSR would stack up against a MBL Disastre weapon; for all I know they could've been comparable. Now if they were broken once, thus lvl 75, that might be more of a toss up, but now that I know how heavily their stats would suffer compared to a 85 SR, that helps drastically with my decision. Thanks!

Raene
07-09-2017, 12:23 PM
I looked at my inventory and found these 2 items for you to compare
SR: Fire Lance Langdebeve : Level 85, SL20. AP 1539, HP 117. This is the MAX level at MLB
SSR: Yggdra Xyston: Level 80 SL1. 1628 AP, 75HP. This is the event weapon from the current event, Seed of Despair.

I think the difference may be more like +10 levels or something. Definitely worth a bit more than +5. Note that the SSR's will have much lower HP though.

sanahtlig
07-09-2017, 12:33 PM
I looked at my inventory and found these 2 items for you to compare
SR: Fire Lance Langdebeve : Level 85, SL20. AP 1539, HP 117. This is the MAX level at MLB
SSR: Yggdra Xyston: Level 80 SL1. 1628 AP, 75HP. This is the event weapon from the current event, Seed of Despair.

I think the difference may be more like +10 levels or something. Definitely worth a bit more than +5. Note that the SSR's will have much lower HP though.
Got to compare apples and apples. The first weapon is HP-focused, the second is attack-focused. In any case, the stats at various levels can be extrapolated. Just input the LV1 and max LV stats for the weapons being compared in the weapons tab of my toolbox and use the existing formulas. Do this for all 6 elements for each assault SSR and disaster assault SR and you'll have more exact numbers to work with.