PDA

View Full Version : noob questions

Saeleyna
07-09-2017, 10:43 PM
Been enjoying this so far but couple of questions that the game doesn't really seem to clarify well.

Is there a point to save crystals for a 10x roll vs just using them one at a time as I get the necessary number?

I understand the weapon/element mechanics but does the "main" weapon damage matter if the overall damage total is the same? For example if I swap an 800 damage weapon with a 1k damage weapon from my sub-weapons to change the element type, will my damage change at all due to having a stronger main weapon?

Do weapon skills apply for all equipped weapons or only the main weapon?

Is it possible to get an (S)SR item from gem gacha?

Where do you buy potions and the like? I know where the exchange function is and have used that to buy mats for break limit items on kamihime, but where's the option to spend gems for things like potions?

What does rage throttle/gauge restriction do? I'm assuming it has something to do with burst gauge but didn't really notice a difference while leveling beowulf. Also do the bonuses from your soul (both current and master bonus) apply to all kamihime or only your personal soul?

Given the fact that I won't be spending money on this and probably won't be getting multiples of a lot of SR/SSR eidolins/weapons, would it be more effective in the long run to break limit rares (or SRs if I have them) instead of simply focusing on the strongest on onset? Also a little confused with the break limit as I have 2 of the SSR thunder lance (yggdra xyston) yet use a break limit on it..... If anyone could explain would be appreciated.

Sorry I know some of these are stupid and straight-forward but didn't see anything about any of this >_<. Any and all help appreciated. I know most of these aren't that important for the type of game this is, but I enjoy min/maxing and theorycrafting and not knowing really bugs me.

Rhenosa
07-09-2017, 10:51 PM
Been enjoying this so far but couple of questions that the game doesn't really seem to clarify well.

Is there a point to save crystals for a 10x roll vs just using them one at a time as I get the necessary number?

I understand the weapon/element mechanics but does the "main" weapon damage matter if the overall damage total is the same? For example if I swap an 800 damage weapon with a 1k damage weapon from my sub-weapons to change the element type, will my damage change at all due to having a stronger main weapon?

Do weapon skills apply for all equipped weapons or only the main weapon?

Is it possible to get an (S)SR item from gem gacha?

Where do you buy potions and the like? I know where the exchange function is and have used that to buy mats for break limit items on kamihime, but where's the option to spend gems for things like potions?

What does rage throttle/gauge restriction do? I'm assuming it has something to do with burst gauge but didn't really notice a difference while leveling beowulf. Also do the bonuses from your soul (both current and master bonus) apply to all kamihime or only your personal soul?

Sorry I know some of these are stupid and straight-forward but didn't see anything about any of this >_<. Any and all help appreciated. I know most of these aren't that important for the type of game this is, but I enjoy min/maxing and theorycrafting and not knowing really bugs me.

1. saving for 10 rolls will guarantee at least one SR each roll.

2. yes your damage will change, but you also have to consider element advantage. coz changin ur main weap = changing your soul's element. (i believe element advantage is around 45% more damage dealt, and 25% less damage received)

3.weapon skill apply to all equipped weapon, thats why single element team power will scale faster with whole set of weapon with same element.

4. no, gem gacha only have R KH

5. gems cant buy potion, jewels can.

6. idk either about gauge restriction, either gave the boss more time to fill their gauge, or faster decreasing gauge? current and master bonus did not apply to rest of your KH, only to that specific soul.

Aidoru
07-09-2017, 10:54 PM
x10 pull guarantees you will get at least 1 SR. That doesn't mean a hime, it just means SR something. Pulling 10 times separately might end up giving you 10 R's. It's mentioned in several hidden places, a poor design choice.

It doesn't matter in terms in total but some weapons have additional burst damage effects. If you're changing elements however, that's a different matter.

All weapon skills apply and to all your active himes and soul of the same element as the weapon. That's why you want to use matching elements.

Elixirs can be purchase on the tab on the right, sub menu->shop->jewel or nutaku gold. Not with gems. I highly recommend not unless you have money to spend. You can get elixirs on a daily basis by exchanging advent event materials.

I am honestly unsure of rage throttle myself. Soul mastery bonuses only applies to the soul.

Since you're just starting off, you can just use them as a temporary wep til you get a better one.

noxybell
07-09-2017, 11:05 PM
2. Also, the main weapon affects the burst damage of your soul by changing the multiplier. That's why for main weapon, try to get your hand on the highest rarity weapon that is a) equip-able by your soul and b) compatible with your team's overall element.

3. All weapon skills apply, be it main or sub, BUT only to the himes and soul that match the weapons' respective elements.

4. You can see the respective Gacha contents, as well as the % odds, near the bottom right of each screen.

5. If by potions you mean those that replenish your HP in battle, then no. They only drop from mobs and they don't roll over to your subsequent battles. However, Elixirs purchased by $$$ or jewels give you a full heal, but it is less recommended to use them simply to heal. Side note: that's why healer himes and souls are good.

6. Gauge restriction only matters once you stack the master bonus to higher amounts (i.e. unlock Siegfried etc). It is there such that you can fill/deplete a rage-bar equipped boss as you wish. Doing so may enable some special effect skills to work better (such as increasing damage only when boss is raging, or increasing damage when boss is stunned)

7. It's totally fine to not spend $$ on this game. In fact most people don't. So the best option is to go for Disaster Raid SR attack weapons and limit break them. As for limit break, it is there to break the level cap of your weapon/eidolon/hime. Limit breaking does nothing to the stat otherwise, except giving you a higher ceiling towards the max level/damage for that particular item in regard to leveling up.

Also, no question is stupid. We're happy to answer them.

Unregistered
07-09-2017, 11:12 PM
Limit breaking does nothing to the stat otherwise, except giving you a higher ceiling towards the max level/damage for that particular item in regard to leveling up.

I understand that aspect of it, what confuses me is the fact that I have 2 of them (yggdra xyston) yet can't limit break the one. Why would that be?

noxybell
07-09-2017, 11:16 PM
can't limit break the one. Why would that be?

Are you able to limit break other weapons, like random N weapons from quest loot or something? If that's okay then it is not a technical issue with your game client.

Saeleyna
07-09-2017, 11:18 PM
Are you able to limit break other weapons, like random N weapons from quest loot or something? If that's okay then it is not a technical issue with your game client.

Yea I can limit break everything else but not yggdra xaston or however it's spelled. I have 2 of them (tried unequipping one) yet can't limit break. Doesn't really matter at this point as it's not level 50 yet but confused/concerned.

Rhenosa
07-09-2017, 11:24 PM
Yea I can limit break everything else but not yggdra xaston or however it's spelled. I have 2 of them (tried unequipping one) yet can't limit break. Doesn't really matter at this point as it's not level 50 yet but confused/concerned.

maybe it still equipped on ur other team? or u locked it? or not enough gem?

Saeleyna
07-09-2017, 11:33 PM
maybe it still equipped on ur other team? or u locked it? or not enough gem?
It was equipped to a 2nd set apparently >_<. Thanks didn't even think of that. Speaking of - is there a way to delete a "party"?

Rhenosa
07-10-2017, 03:11 AM
as far as i know, there is none... well u need to at least fill the main eidolon spot for each team anyway to benefit ur friends

CrimsonRunner
07-10-2017, 06:42 AM
Can confirm what other said on the gauge question(s) , I unlocked Siegfried first and have some experience playing with her.

Use the different teams to put different element eidolons, since those are the ones visible to your friends and couple potentially get you some gems that way.

Don't upgrade R weapons since it's pointless and focus on upgrading SR weapons with attack bonuses whenever possible. That being said, I myself wouldn't shy away from upgrading those event weapons I can easily MLB(max limit break) even if they have defense bonus simply because I can enchant them to much greater heights.

On a side note, you should pay attention to weapons that drop from the disasters (normal raids) since they can drop a couple weapons each and you can easily MLB the attack bonus ones.

gottesurteil
07-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Right. It's been mentioned by previous posters, but never explicitly stated: the name of the game is stacking weapon bonuses of Assault weapons (generally - depending on your eidolon and if it gives you HP you might consider throwing a Defender weapon or 2 in there).

As NO ONE has the time/resources to level all 6 elements weapons grids concurrently, many people pick a main element, and perhaps a secondary one that can help offset it's weaknesses if your main isn't Light or Dark.

I.e., I main Fire, which means i suck against water events/raids, so my secondary team is Thunder.

Now, that DOESN'T mean I don't have 6 teams already assigned, one for each element, because I do. But I don't waste my time upgrading the dark Assault weapons I have - all my rares go towards enhancing my Fire weapon board. Even without any assault weapons leveled beyond 3 or 4, I still have no trouble clearing events with that element if I need to, as you can gain a TON of ATK/HP from your eidolons. For example, even though I main Fire, I still actually use my Wind team for this Yggdrasil event - it's good enough to kill the Expert raids based just on my Eidolons. Of course, that's mainly because my Fire grid isn't complete yet.

Also, just to be clear, I definitely save SSRs and MBL what I can, because you can't predict what you'll get from the Gacha. While I don't farm any of the Disaster raids except my elements, I also keep the assault weapons that they drop. You never know what you might want to do in the future!

Just some food for thought.